Friday, September 11, 2026

Protecting the President: Security, VIP Threats & ADC Life | Major Rishabh | FO560 Raj Shamani

Protecting the President: Security, VIP Threats & ADC Life | Major Rishabh | FO560 Raj Shamani

Author Name:Raj Shamani

Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@rajshamani

Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x63HCoDfAhQ





Title: Protecting the President: Security, VIP Threats & ADC Life | Major Rishabh | FO560 Raj Shamani

Author Name: Raj Shamani

Description: Download Porter here: https://app.adjust.com/216agedw

Get your hand-picked playbook here: https://www.figuringout.co/pdf/fo-560

Major Rishabh Singh Sambyal, Ex-Special Forces officer and former ADC to the President of India, on fear, discipline, and serving at the very top.

He explains:
◼ What it actually takes to survive Para SF selection, 90 days with no food, water, or sleep
◼ How to become President of India ADC selection process interviews tests
◼ Why he believes courage cannot exist without fear, and what that means for real combat
◼ What an ADC does that most people never know, anticipating every need before it arises
◼ How special forces soldier deals with fear in combat
◼ Why even the Prime Minister waits on hold for the President's ADC to clear the line
◼ What happened when he had to manage a full Presidential tour and everything that could go wrong

Also covered: Para SF selection, ADC to President of India, Major Rishabh Singh Sambyal, Indian Special Forces, Presidential security protocol, VVIP security India

Chapters:
00:00 - Intro
04:09 - Rumors, Fake News & His Hardest Personal Attacks
07:51 - What an ADC Does: Anticipating the President's Needs
16:57 - The Hardest Part: Managing a Presidential Tour
19:03 - Presidential Etiquette: Protocol Rules & Why Touch Is Forbidden
23:29 - VVIP Security: Sanitized Zones & Threat Assessments
36:31 - Becoming an ADC: Selection, Interviews & Testing
46:37 - Background Checks & Why He Trusts No One Outside His Inner Circle
55:44 - Protocol in the Room & State-by-State Security
1:06:17 - Decoding the Uniform: Colors, Medals & Ranks
1:20:03 - Inside Para SF Selection: 90 Days of Sleep Deprivation & Survival Tests
1:29:15 - Real Combat Stories: The Cave Operation & Kashmir
1:31:59 - Make in India, Self-Reliance & Intelligence Agencies
1:44:10 - The "Military Mindset": Discipline Over Aggression
1:49:05 - Facing Real Fear: A Front-Line Story
1:51:59 - His Childhood Dream, Father's Pride & Mother's Sacrifice
1:57:39 - His Relationship With the President
2:00:34 - Why He Retired Early & the Personal Cost of Service
2:05:07 - 3 Characteristics Every Man Should Have
2:06:10 - The Personal Cost He Paid to Become the President's ADC
2:08:42 - What Is One Piece of Advice Nobody Should Follow?
2:11:46 - BTS
2:12:20 - Outro

Follow Major Rishabh Singh Sambyal:
Instagram:   / major_rs_sambyal  
Linkedin:   / rishabh-singh-sambyal-316125185  

If you liked this, watch next:
▸ Indian Army, URI Surgical Strike, Terrorism & Threat To India - Lt Gen Satish Dua →    • Indian Army, URI Surgical Strike, Terroris...  
▸ Indian Army, Pakistan, China, Defence Strategies ft. Maj Gen. Neeraj Bali →    • Indian Army, Pakistan, China, Defence Stra...  

Listen to Figuring Out:
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/736rhmW...
Clips Channel:    / @rajshamaniclips  
Shorts Channel:    / @rajshamani.shorts  
WhatsApp Channel: https://www.whatsapp.com/channel/0029...

More from us:
Suggest a guest: https://forms.gle/bnaeY3FpoFU9ZjA47
'Build, Don't Talk' (English): https://amzn.eu/d/eCfijRu
'Build, Don't Talk' (Hindi): https://amzn.eu/d/4wZISO0

Shot on:
Cameras: https://amzn.in/d/0eIcfEYd
Lenses: https://amzn.in/d/0hoj2qkO
Microphones: https://amzn.in/d/00z1FGOV
Audio: https://amzn.in/d/0ftj6oio
Lighting: https://amzn.in/d/0a3XY8Gn

About Raj Shamani
Raj Shamani is an entrepreneur and the host of the Figuring Out Podcast. He sits down with experts, athletes, celebrities, billionaires, and world leaders to break down how they actually win: money, business, mindset, relationships, and life. He's also a bestselling author, speaker, and angel investor. His work sits at the intersection of business, psychology, and human behaviour.

Follow Raj Shamani:
Instagram:   / rajshamani  
X/Twitter: https://x.com/rajshamani
Facebook:   / shamaniraj  
LinkedIn:   / rajshamani  

About Figuring Out
Figuring Out is a Candid Conversations University where Raj Shamani brings raw conversations with the Top 1% in India and around the world.

Disclaimer: This video is intended solely for educational purposes and the opinions shared by the guest are his/her personal views. We do not intend to defame or harm any person, brand, product, country or profession mentioned in the video. Our goal is to provide information to help the audience make informed choices. The media used in this video is solely for informational purposes and belongs to its respective owners.

#MajorRishabhSinghSambyal #ParaSF #PresidentOfIndiaADC #RajShamani #FiguringOut #podcast

major rishabh singh sambyal, adc to president of india, indian special forces training, how to join para sf india, vvip security india, indian army discipline mindset, rashtrapati ke adc kaise bante hain, para sf selection kya hota hai, raj shamani, figuring out, figuring out podcast, raj shamani podcast

Transcript:
(00:00) You are the closest person to the president. >> What is your day-to-day responsibilities? >> Everything. I would say presidential requirements which can be official, unofficial. So we look after everything. Say for example, president wishes to speak to the prime minister. She will call us, tell us that she wants to speak to the prime minister.
(00:20) So we'll call up their people. I will speak to the prime minister. He's there. Yellow. Then she speaks. Why is it not allowed to touch feet of a president or a prime minister or like shake hands? You don't know the intentions of the individual. For example, let me say I don't like you. I come here, I greet your hand. I have something in mind.
(00:37) I just have to press or I give you a slap. I I will go in jail. That is the best. But the image of the president is destroyed. How can you trust a person who's on the other side? >> Major Rishab Singh Sambial, ex special forces officer and former ADC to the president of India. If you want to understand what life is really like inside India special forces, what it means to be the closest officer to the president and the mindset it takes to operate on the front line, this episode is for you.
(01:07) What is the most useless or the tiniest thing that you care about? >> The glass she will have water from. >> Why is that important? >> You don't know who has kept it there. You don't know something is on the glass or not. >> When you have these many securities like what is the amount of area that you secure? Complete 1 km of area is sanitized.
(01:22) >> And what do you mean by sanitized? >> Yeah, sanitized mean no arms, no metal, any sort of material. >> Do you train yourself to become more alert? >> Yes. >> How? >> So during a probation, so you're roughly carrying around 80 70 kgs on yourself. You're deprived of water, you're deprived of food, and you're deprived of sleep for 30 40 days.
(01:44) And then you are made to take a walk roughly around a kilometer in a circular route. While you're doing this in between random places there are things kept say for example we keep this helmet behind a tree and when that finishes there's a test what did you observe that is how we train us what in room can be the most lethal weapons >> pen is the easiest weapon you yourself your hands are the lethal weapons we've been trained there are specific points in your body with with just one pinch you become incapable of movements I can
(02:16) make you lie You have an incredible bond with a president. A lot of people say mother son duo. You're like very close. >> The first time I met the president, it felt like my mother is standing in front of me. Since 2014, I've never lived with my mom. I always used to go back home for a couple of days, live with her and then again bye-bye for next 6 7 months and then see her after 6 months.
(02:40) But this was the actual time when I was spending my entire 3 years with the president. The nature she has was very homely and I just built a connection and the warmth which she showed upon us to me and to all the ABCs it was wonderful and it used to make make me miss my mom. >> Then when you have such a good bond you're learning you're young why are you retiring I have a small favor to ask you.
(03:08) I need you to subscribe to our channel. The more subscribers we have the better and bigger guests we can bring. and provide you more value through these conversations. And the full audio experience of this show is also available on Spotify where you can follow us and listen to the new episodes as well.
(03:27) The hardest part of transporting anything is worrying whether your goods will reach safely or not. And it becomes 10x more stressful when you're transporting something small. That's why I use Porter. Their two-heer service is available in more than 50 cities. And they've now launched Porter scooter with the same capacity for goods that need extra space and extra care.
(03:49) So everything is handled carefully from the moment it's picked up to the moment it reaches. And the best part is that you never have to negotiate on price. Whatever rate you see on the app is exactly what you pay. To know more about a title sponsor porter and their services, check the link in the description. What is worst that you've heard about yourself or you've seen? Seen like I've been with a I have a family which they know there are a lot of rumors that I'm married.
(04:25) I have multiple wives. I have multiple relationships. That's how they portray and destroy the image. Then there are multiple cases of cheating and fraud on me. I'm like are you serious? Like you get a police verification but it's still there so I don't have anything because people will talk what affects me or what bothers me is when my family gets affected or it's it's a natural thing because of them I am at a at this stage to take care of them now I'm trying to do something good for people I'm not asking I'm just saying you ever thought of doing it just do
(05:07) be happy. But I don't know why some people are like why it is. So the only thing that bothers me is I don't personally I would say I don't care what people think of me. I'm just here to express my views and opinions in a free world. I can do that >> and I want to help people with along with me.
(05:29) If I grow up, grow up along with me. >> I'll pull you. I'll be with you. But just do not go and affect where it affects the family. So now seen a lot of movies. >> So situation I can imagine it was a true truth like somebody now start targeting your family. You are not mentally normal. You can't actually think and work.
(05:53) You're always worried in the back of your head or I mean mom and dad. >> What is mom thinking? What is dad thinking? They're aging also. So they might not even >> be able to distinguish between true and false. >> Yes. And I don't want to give them stress in this situation. I don't want them to have stress or thoughts. So my mom tells she got a picture of me while I was in Raashtra.
(06:11) She got a somehow somewhere somebody sent him. She got a picture of me with a a girl carrying a baby in her hand and I'm like my mom sent this to me. I'm with the president. So I'm I'm like my facial expression changed. I said, "Mom, come on. I'm also thinking." So, uh, but that that's on a fun like a lighter note, but I actually asking about what disturbs me like this thing.
(06:44) I don't want to give them stress. That's it. So, it's a it's a lot of things like I >> But when people say all of these things that you have you've cheated, you've frauded, you have cases going on. Don't they think that the position you are in the forces and agencies must have scrutinized and checked everything? >> They don't. They lack this.
(07:07) That is what I said. And people who believe it lack this. >> Huh? How is it possible? You're serving the president. >> You're the closest person to the president. >> Yes. >> Of the largest democracy in the world. >> Yes. >> And it's a democracy. Right. So >> if you are if you are in a room where the most VIPs of the VIPs of the world can't enter.
(07:32) >> Yeah. >> And you are there. >> Was I just sent there? >> Were you sent there? >> How unbelievable. So that is another thing but believe and then questioning. Wow. I mean like seriously wow. >> You must be going through such background verification and check which is insane. Tell me what is ADC? >> Yeah.
(07:55) A What is this position? The only thing we know the only thing we know >> that >> you are the person who is right next to president all the time >> but you're not you're not the president's security. You're not >> you're not a manager. I don't know what you are like you the name is ADC. What is it? >> ADC stands for a day camp. It's a French terminology. It was a French origin.
(08:18) It it has it origins from the France I would say or the senior people. So they can't handle or manage everything on their own. Okay. Like for example, if I would have to explain you are sitting here but you can't just come and talk to me I want to talk to you come on. You would know that because you have other stuff to look after and there's a lot of things going on in your life sitting at big position.
(08:41) >> So you tell your closest who's a responsible guy. >> Yes. >> Get this done. >> Get this done. So then he functions he tells he divides the work and there are teams allocated similarly I'm that man for the president who like if she has to get things done we get the orders we are the execution part >> we are not the planning part got it >> planning we are a part of planning but the execution part is solely our responsibility >> so is it like in loose terms would it be like you are like chief of staff >> yes Your co for the president is that
(09:19) >> yes >> closest >> yes >> interesting what is your day-to-day responsibilities >> what do you do >> everything >> president her uh I would say presidential requirements which can be official unofficial >> p personal relation professional or professional you know so we look after everything >> let's say president wantski I want to buy uh something say for example a helmet I want to buy an helmet She can't go out in the market and buy right this is I'm talking about the personal stuff. Yeah. Yeah.
(09:52) >> So she tells the key uh I have this requirement. So we then you know like speak to the agencies involved different teams. We we know the requirement. She just have to tell helmet. We know the color preference design what I know what she's thinking in her head. She just have to say it once that is the trust and the you know like so close we are we know how she thinks and how she will react.
(10:20) So if she says helmet I know choice I will get three four colors but I know which color she'll like what design she'll like. So I'll activate people ahead. You will do this. You go to the market you get the samples. You get the bills. We get everything. We show it to the president. She selects this is on the personal side.
(10:38) On the professional side she has to work. She has to speak to someone. Say for example president wishes to speak to the prime minister. She can't directly pick up her phone start talking to the prime minister. She will call us >> tell us that she wants to speak to the prime minister. We directly can't call the prime minister.
(10:52) So we'll call up their people. Their people will get the prime minister online. I will speak to the prime minister. Now because the president is the senior most in the nation in the country. So like president, vice president, prime minister. If she has to speak to the prime minister or anyone I would say in the country, I will get as an ADC I will get the other person online.
(11:12) confirm that the other person is online. put him on hold and then tell the president that no you wanted this he's there yellow then she speaks and if anything has to come to her it cannot go directly to her from anywhere in the country it has to come to the ADC on duty but for the post she's holding >> of course >> for the designation she's holding she's responsible as the president of India republic of India >> president is always a senior most >> and what are the other responsibilities let's say this is you making sure that
(11:42) whatever the president needs means you get it done. >> Yes. >> Right. >> Execution of work. Uh the protocols related to the president. >> What do you mean by protocol? >> Protocols is uh you know there's a set procedure how an event for example let's talk about an event or a ceremony or anything wherever the president goes.
(12:00) Let me say the president steps out of her bedroom >> in official capacity. She steps out. >> Wherever she'll go, how she will go? What will happen while she's going? When she reaches there, what will happen? Who will meet her? Who will not meet her? When she addresses people, what surroundings? CL like we need to clear the surroundings.
(12:22) There have to be set of no mistakes regarding the >> PA system, regarding the electricity, everything you can think of steps. Will there be carpeted? Will it be carpeted? Will it not be? You have an umbrella if there's a rain contingency forecast. So, we prepare into each and everything. pani kana. So we have to ensure that when the president gets down from the hector or the aircraft and sits in the car that is not there because we are trying to remove certain things out of the system.
(12:57) >> It's it's not easy in the country especially towards >> uh you know backward areas. So we go into detail of which glass she will use. Is the glass safe is anything involved or mixed for the president. Is whatever she's eating has to be checked and verified and confirmation comes to us.
(13:22) Although the responsibility of eating and drinking of the president is the controller of the household. He checks it. He gives us a all okay because in the end everything if anything goes wrong the blame is on us. It's our response. anything. She's the president. She at least she needs to be covered. It's her duty. She's given with the you know like the republic has given her these privileges.
(13:48) We need to ensure it >> because on a global front when she goes she we have to come up >> as a big nation. So it starts domestically then it goes internationally. >> So same thing happens when we go on a foreign tour everything who can come close. Now people in a you know like in the country there's a welcoming tradition of food.
(14:06) >> You can't put 100 flowers on the president. Not everyone can come close. You don't know the intentions. >> There lot many times the president has got down while the car is moving but you don't know. So police force security although the security aspects with the state government >> and the police and the security agencies we are not responsible for that but yes we have to be aware of.
(14:38) So you can you imagine every step taken by the president is decided >> and responsibility of an >> tell me one or two responsibilities which are like which we don't even know about which is invisible which is difficult or more the most difficult part of this job that you do which we have no clue about. I think uh in easier terms if I would have to explain this is the lizening part which we do is the most difficult one.
(15:09) So now India is a it's not a homogeneous country it's a heterogeneous you find different communities tribes languages and bringing all of them on one similar line is the biggest responsibility because kabi there are there have been certain instances where people don't understand they don't understand the language itself English they don't understand >> then you find someone who can make them explain in the language and you know getting the reassurances it's not so I've told that the President will walk and have a photograph first. For
(15:41) example, she will get down the vehicle, walk and have a photograph first. I've told it >> will it be done? I have to get that asurances from him. So, we get them do the rehearsals, send the video to us. Finally, we approve it now. It has to be done like this because on the final day, if they do a mistake, we don't want the president to stand like awkward in in an awkward situation.
(16:02) Cheers. >> We can't do that. >> It'll be a shame on us. Yeah. >> So to let that thing not happen, we get the rehearsals done. We get the verification. So the difficult part is lening with the people. >> Like making so many different people of different languages understand what you want and what they want. >> Yes. And also their dignity is not hurt.
(16:27) You have to be sometimes rude >> because people take it leniently. You have to be very polite to someone. There are elder people, senior people. You can't just directly tell them do this. So remaining in the boundaries you have to get things done and only on a phone call because we are not get going there and doing it. We are sitting in Delhi.
(16:46) If the president has to go say for example east or south or anywhere in the country west or north >> we are linked on a phone call. Everything is happening on a phone call. So that is the most so the most difficult part in the entire a day is the tour. Even if it's a domestic or a international it's the most hectic job >> why >> you're so in a day president at least has like there are three events scheduled for the president >> every day >> on tour >> okay >> on tour when she's on tour out of Delhi anywhere in the country
(17:21) >> minimum three events she attends >> three events car the moment she gets down from the car and the moment she gets back into the car after the event everything has to be planned how it will happen. >> We don't want ruckers when the president is sitting on D. We don't want people to start anti- you know like slogans against something.
(17:44) >> We don't want that. Anything can go wrong. So we have to be prepared for any and each and everything. So the moment she gets down from the vehicle and the moment she she as in like the president of India gets back into the car, everything is the responsibility of the ADC. And when they get out of the car, >> yeah, >> what's difficult about it? Because there are so many moving parts and security laps is a difficult part.
(18:10) >> Security lapse is not the difficult part. But the movement around the prison now everyone wants to meet the prison. >> Wow. >> Anyone can do anything. >> Anyone can do anything because you can't control the emotional outflow or burst of the people. Outburst of the people. I've seen people the moment you know like the present in the car I've told okay don't do this don't do this.
(18:30) We only do this when she comes out you can just greet her that when the moment she comes out she she they see the president of India they just go down towards her feet >> or maybe >> they do out of exuberance >> it's an emotional outburst of humans you can't control that that is the most difficult part you can't be now I can't pull the person in front of because everything is live recorded I'm being telecasted so then they'll say ADCs are the worst humans they do this thing to people >> so that is the most challenging part to
(18:59) not hurt someone >> but to control everything >> and why why is it not allowed to touch feet of a president or a prime minister or like shake hands >> you don't know the intentions of the individual okay for example if I if I don't like something >> say for example it's just an example I don't like something I don't like for example let me say I don't like you I come here I greet your hand I have something in my I just have to press or I give you a slap police I will go in jail that is the best case but the image of the president
(19:35) is destroyed >> how can you trust a person who's on the other side you can't trust I know they want to do it but you can't trust you're not 100% sure >> and you don't know out of the millions of people who's that one person >> who's that one there will not be everyone will not do it but there will be only one human who will do it and your everything is shattered your image your work ethics everything is gone one individual who had a mind rogue rogue mind TV >> and there can be some psychopath >> psychopath >> or someone who is politically driven
(20:12) from some >> any reason other nation other country other forces >> yeah you can't decipher the reason you can't identify the person who has a reason so the best way is to stop doing that then people uh feel bad we stop it but it's for a Do you look at everyone with a lens of >> yes >> distrust? Yes, we have to >> like everyone is a bad person other than the people s government officials I'm the senior people but as a like whom I don't know personally we look at the same way every human we look at the same way even if when you come for the prison
(20:50) we will brief you and I will be standing when you meet the prison >> so that suddenly you don't like come out of emotion oh I want to do this now everyone is recording me I'm on the national TV I'll do something >> not just for that one moment >> just for one moment a lot of people would be like that >> anyone can do that >> I can't trust anyone nobody you can't trust the human emotional outburst or their mindset psychopath just psychopath you just mentioned so we look at everyone with the same eyes that anything can go wrong
(21:20) we are always prepared so we work accordingly so that nothing goes wrong when the president is out she's not uncomfortable the president of India is not uncomfortable and the image of the president of India carried >> m what is the most useless or the tiniest thing that you care about? >> The glass she will have water from.
(21:42) >> Why? Why? Why is that important? Any glass she can have water. If it's clean, it's great. >> You don't know who has kept it there. You don't know something is on the glass or not. >> And how do you test that? >> The security does that. >> Like they will drink from every like how how do they know? >> So it's cleaned, checked, kept there and the room is closed.
(22:02) Who check like >> the police? It's the security agencies. It is their responsibility everything. >> Do they eat everything before they taste everything before it reaches the president? >> Uh there's a security procedure in eating also what meals will be included what in the meals what uh you know like the spices they will be using whatever it's being prepared for the president.
(22:24) It's there's a responsibility of someone who checks it and then gives an okay now it's okay. She's good to have it. It might so happen that you know she's allergic to some food. >> Might so happen. So they will test it in one hour before >> but there must be one person traveling with her all the time to prepare the meals. Right.
(22:43) >> Yes. She has a cook. Yes. So there's a particular choice of meal they have. So everywhere if like wherever it is not available the cooks of they travel along the staff. Do they eat from other places as well or do they only >> they eat from other places like on a in a banquet? >> They will eat. >> They will eat.
(23:03) >> It's not like only one person can eat >> which is prepared for the president is categorically uh in like made for the president. >> Even in a banquet. >> Even in a banquet we send a chef in advance. So >> the one chef only would do it, right? >> The the cooks are doing it. The chef of the president goes there and tells do this, do that, don't do that.
(23:22) >> Okay? because it might affect her. >> You don't want to make the president uncomfortable. It's their responsibility. >> So that is how it work. >> Okay. Coming back. So let's say you said touching feet, shaking hands not allowed. Then you also said not everybody's allowed to meet the president. >> Uh yes of course.
(23:39) >> So who all are allowed to go to the cabin of president? >> So the president meets the appointments are conducted in a different room. Anyone in the country can request to meet the president. The request is sent on an official email ID. The staff of the honorable president vets it out and then discusses it with the president.
(24:04) So if for example you want to meet the president your email will also be taken. No this person wants to meet you. For what reason? This is the reason because now it's a big country there are a lot of people in the country. You cannot meet everyone. It's her personal time also. She is working also. So she uh segregates or filters are put in place what is important.
(24:28) If if there's a reason we give prior to them when she's free if we we have she has time. So people without reason she want they want to meet and discuss something then the time is given. So that is how the appointments are done. It's disc it's filtered. The permissions are taken by the president after discussing discussing within the staff.
(24:51) >> Okay. >> Yes. >> But can but that all of this would be must be happening in an appointment room, right? Not a private cabin. >> Yes, there's an appointment room. >> In the private cabin are people allowed? >> Yes. The staff of the prison. >> Okay. Only the staff. >> Only the staff. And uh yes, only the staff >> or the prime minister and all of these people.
(25:10) >> Yes, they come and they come and meet. Yes, of course. And how does like the president goes and meet the prime minister, the home minister, the defense minister. So they come and meet mostly they come and meet. But in an event when we uh when the president is conducted to an event which is you know if it is organized by a defense ministry or something is related to the defense and defense minister is there so they meet there.
(25:35) >> Interesting. But if for example in an official capacity if the defense minister has to meet the honorable president the defense minister will come to Rashpadi and meet the honorable president that is how it happens. And what's the difference between a prime minister security and a president security? >> So the president is the state head.
(25:54) >> The responsibility of the security of the president. The physical responsibility lies within the state. >> And by state I mean police >> because police is the for the republic of union of India. >> Okay. >> In the constitution the police comes under the union of India. So the security lies between the police services.
(26:14) >> Okay. >> Of the president. The prime minister also the security is provided by the police services but they have a specialized team of SPG. >> You might have seen uh people around the president around the prime minister they roam around SPG. So the responsibility of security of the prime minister is with the SPG and the security responsibility of the president is with the police.
(26:38) >> Okay. So no securityities from the army. >> No security. >> They all have independent agencies under the police. >> Under the police. Yes. >> Okay. So and who SPG does not fall under police. >> Okay. >> But the personnel who are in SPG, they are from the police services. >> Okay.
(26:56) So the people who are being hired as these security heads >> or people who are around the prime minister, they all they all come from police background, not from army background. >> Not from army background. No. >> Interesting. And even from the president will be same. >> Uh yes. Don't we hear this that black cat commandos they join you know security or parasf will secure of VIP professional >> par the responsibility of VIP security is not with the parasf but yes if the VIP travels to a place say for example if the president travels to shinagar
(27:26) >> the responsibility will be with the police but the parav SF or any army organization or unit will be there because it's an active counterterrorist terrorism area. >> So the army will always be there and the assets of the army will be used. >> It's an additional layer of security which is provided.
(27:49) The job of army is not to protect the VVIPs. >> Interesting. So nobody from army or let's say nobody from parasf or NSG >> will be in a normal event in Delhi protecting the prime minister. >> See NSG comes under the charter of security VVIP securityities. It doesn't comes under NC does not come under ministry of defense. >> Okay.
(28:11) >> It comes under ministry of home affairs. >> Okay. Oh. >> So there's a >> there's a lot of mix and twist. Okay. >> And parasf is army. So parasf doesn't >> parasf is primarily >> for cross border >> and to control the target >> and for surgical operations and small specialized operations. >> Cross border specialized operation cross border or internal.
(28:33) >> They are not security people. >> They're not security. We don't provide security to anyone. We provide security to the country. >> And there's so the difference between a prime minister and a president security will only be SPG versus police. >> Yes, of course. >> That's all. >> That's all. >> And everything else the protocol would be same.
(28:53) The number of people the number of >> Yes. It the protocols remain same for the VVIPs for the important dignitaries of the government of India. Now the with the hierarchy the one who is senior gets the first preference is given to the first senior. Say for example in an event where the president of India uh the prime vice president and the prime minister are there.
(29:14) So the first senior most is the president of course. >> So the preference of protocols starts from the president then the vice president and the prime minister but it is given to all three >> of course >> simultaneously at the same time. Say the best event is the republic dear. So as you would see the last person to come on the parade is the president of India.
(29:33) >> When the president of India is at the dis she reaches and she's at the das the parade starts that is the seniority she holds. >> And this is just fascinating. How many people are there? 50, 100, 20, 10 >> depends. Again, I would say if the president is stepping outside in Delhi uh and if the threat assessment is done, if there is any threat assessment by the security agencies, the security force provided is increased.
(30:03) If there is uh you know like no security threat which has been assessed by the security agencies, the normal security will be there. Normal uh still more than 100 >> 100 >> close to 100 people. The entire area has to be sanitized, cleaned so that when the president comes there or the prime minister or anyone as a senior dignitary from the government of India comes there, they do not have to care about that.
(30:25) >> The execution of the work is done seamlessly. That is the main responsibility. >> So at least there'll be 100 people even in the low threat area. >> Yes. on approximate 100 >> and in the highest security area probably there >> depends upon the assessment >> and the nature of event >> it can go up more as well and when you have these many securities like what is the amount of area what is the range that you secure the minimum >> I would say as per my experience complete 1 kilometer of area is sanitized >> and what do you mean by sanitized
(30:58) >> sanitized mean no arms no metal any sort of material is >> and you would know who's in, who's out, like the >> security people are responsible for that. >> So they will test each and everything. >> Yes. Like for example the republic day parade the entire Delhi which is New Delhi NDMC area is sanitized completely.
(31:17) M any personel who is human who is entering the parade to watch it as a citizen as a normal Indian is checked at multiple levels so that we are sure that nobody creates there because now it's a big national event >> and nothing can go wrong. So the detailing part is so deep that it like it it takes a lot of days to prepare and plan for it and execution part is the most difficult man it's so when when there's a threat what do you do you cancel the entire event then >> there are different protocols for that >> it's because
(31:57) >> yes >> be because that would be even a even a slight threat a joke. If it is, >> you have to take it seriously. >> Yeah. If it is prior to the event, we cancel it. Depends upon the level of threat. The assessment is done by the security agencies. They are completely responsible for that. But yes, if like if there is a threat, we will not do it.
(32:19) >> But do you listen to the president or the prime minister, let's say when you tell the president that ma'am, we've got in this threat perception, there might be some problem. We don't know. We're not sure. But the public event we should avoid and madam says no I still want to go. Do you listen to her or no? >> Yeah we listen to her >> and you still go.
(32:39) >> No. So then there's a it's a it's a it's a discussion which happens. The president is briefed accordingly. The recommendations and suggestions from different agencies are given and then a conclude decision is you know like concluded. We come on to a one conclusion. It's not necessarily if the president wishes to but there's a threat then why will the president go because there's a threat >> but depends upon the nature and requirement and the recommendations from all agencies there one decision is finally taken
(33:10) >> and it's >> it can be anything >> who overrules this the president last decision >> the last decision is with the president if it's a presidential event the last decision is with the president >> okay but >> it's not like some agency had to be like no ma'am I can't allow you to go there you can't go >> they say that so they say that because it is their responsibility the president of India would want to do that event.
(33:30) >> Yeah. >> But they can't let that happen because they are aware key if something goes wrong it is their responsibility. They will always pitch in this thing and the president also respects >> the can because that is their expertise. They are the best person available in that. If the pres if they tell the president that ma'am you should not do it because this is the reason she will say maybe postpone it plan it some other day or whenever it's clear and safe because we don't want to be in a situation where now we are pulling out
(33:57) the prison or something is happening which destroys our image as a nation. So let's say this is a big thing okay this is coming cancelling an event or threat perception is a big thing sometime let's say something small happens whose job is in trouble let's say the chair was put late or the water didn't reach on time or the carpet like she slipped you don't know like there are like small things which you would >> understand so if there any mistake has happened >> so we inform the concerned people there's a committee held
(34:31) the guilty people or the mistake by whosoever it has done. It is brought to notice. If it's of grave mistake, we don't punish people for not keeping glass of water. There's no punishment for that. Maybe we'll tell them don't repeat it again because it's just a glass of water. It can be replaced any day.
(34:48) There's no punishment for not keeping the glass of water. But yes, we need to find it out because it should not happen on a repetitive uh base. >> Okay. >> Every event should not be >> but as an ADC that's your main job. It's your job to make sure that present life is easy and you can't mess up. So is your job in trouble if you do this? >> Yes.
(35:06) >> That is why we do it. >> We get hold of all the people who are responsible for these things who are involved in the you know like in in the availability of a water glass a glass of water for the president. We are responsible. We get hold of the people. We ask like who is the main person who's responsible and that it should not be repeated again.
(35:29) So we alert all the agencies, state government, central government agencies, whosoever is involved in that event that this was the mistake which had happened it should be brought to everyone's notice and not repeat it again in future. >> Do you have a checklist in your head or do you have on a paper? >> Uh when I joined when we joined you know like as a newbie newcomer so there's a checklist but as the time passes by now it's in the back of my head.
(35:52) >> How long is that checklist? How many things would be there in a checklist? page, multiple pages like I I remember when I joined on the first day I took over as an ADC, I was given a checklist. >> So the checklist was I think around 11 12 pages of checklist. >> 12 pages of checklist. >> There's a huge checklist.
(36:09) >> There were like hundreds of things. >> Yes. >> That is why you know like with the passage of time now you know it now I know it by heart. So if I close my eyes and think of an event what from the like I said >> getting down and getting back in I know each and every step the president of India will take and what should what could go wrong so we have the checklist for the same >> interesting that's so okay when you do all of these things you have to be prepared right you have to become somebody who can manage these
(36:41) things it's not very easy to do it >> yes >> how do you become ADC Okay, how do we become so >> like how how do they decide that okay this person we need to hire has an ADC that's one of the most important jobs in the country >> yes so for this uh you know the army or the navy or the air force any any service they prepare or they shortlist the eligible officers so there's a criteria for an ADC there's a particular service bracket there's a particular age and particular uh you know appearance Means uh there are standards which are set all
(37:18) those people who fall in those standards there's a list of officers who are prepared shortlisted officers. >> Then from those shortlisted officers the army headquarters or the naval or the air force headquarters takes the interview. >> Out of those >> what is the standard? >> Uh roughly around 30 people are shortlisted. 30 officers.
(37:37) >> But what is on what basis? It's on their career or how they have performed their courses and their physical standards, their ACRs, their confidential reports, their feedback in the environment and their merit. >> Okay. Bunch of things combined. >> Bunch of things combined >> which which holds the highest.
(37:57) >> There's no one everything is so that is why it is shortlisted who falls in the criteria the list of off people are prepared officers are prepared. >> Okay. 30 officers >> say for example 30 I think roughly around 20 to 30 officers are shortlisted >> and then the uh particular service headquarters takes the interview >> tell me what did you what did they ask you example >> domestic issues current affairs domestic issues give me a situation what would I do in these situations >> but why is it important for you to know
(38:26) you're just a manager right >> but I will handle things I should be aware happening if the president if I'm with the president of India and she asks me a cuz I'm always I will always be with the president. If she says, "Oh, what's happening in Delhi?" >> So you should know. >> I should know. >> So you need to be updated with all the current affairs in the world in the country.
(38:49) >> So that if she asks you anytime you have to this is also part of your job >> part of the job. So imagine the amount of preparedness we need to have every day when we put on a uniform and go in front of the president. We have to be prepared for the day and what has happened the past day because the moment we see or meet the president in the morning or whatever time of the day whatever happened in the last moment when we last saw her or >> you know like met her whatever has happened in between that time we need to
(39:17) be aware of. Is she aware? We don't know. Will she ask? We don't know. But if she asks, if she wants to have that information, she should not be waiting for the information. That is a level of precision we need to have. So after working hours, most of her time is spent on preparing for next day. You have to we sit together all the ADCs sit together while we have a food or have a cup of coffee in the evening.
(39:43) We watch news, open up internet, read. The best habit about the EDCs is they read a lot. Whatever is happening globally, domestically, they read a lot and they they know each and everything. They have to know. There's no other option. >> That is your job, man. You have to know that. >> So, now that you know about the world, okay? So, this is what is being checked in an interview by >> this is one part of the interview.
(40:06) And >> then there are situations given different situations can be given like what if if you're traveling in a car and a car breaks >> just normal you don't have an expertise in that but what would a normal human do so the interviewers the people who are taking the interview they have the parameter set which is never disclosed >> we can't tell them but they have no key we can give them these situations a normal human would react this if that the pe person who we whom we we are interviewing if the response are some
(40:38) somewhat similar to that I mean he or she can make it when the thing times go bad. So out of those 30 people five are selected by the army headquarters >> are based on interviews >> interviews >> and situational >> situational awareness situations are given answers replies the multiple checks and balances done.
(40:57) >> So five are then selected and then those five officers are brought to Delhi. >> Now they spend roughly around 14 days in Rajapati Bhan and for 14 days their interviews are conducted. >> 14 days interviews every day. >> Every day. What are these interviews? >> The interviews are taken by the officers and the presidential secretary.
(41:19) >> So, but what are they trying to test? >> Everything. >> So, they know what can go wrong, what sort of requirement is in the job like whatever I told knowledge, situational awareness, you know, like contingency planning, what would you do in a difficult situation? So all these things are assessed and by meeting a person just like once you can't assess whether it'll do because everyone is prepared coming prepared >> you know you need to know the natural instinct of a human being with one meeting you can't find it out so there
(41:53) are multiple checks and balances when the interviews goes on it goes on for hours and hours like the long I remember when my interview was going on one of the interviews one of the senior officers took my interview and it went on for 2 and 1/2 hours I was just sitting and answering the questions situations he's giving me ask questions he's asking me and I'm answering and I can't answer everything in the end I'm also human I can't remember everything because >> I'm not prepared for >> all this I've never done that
(42:20) >> but then yes out of asking all these questions he's trying to find out who I really am whether I will be able to take the responsibility of the job they put pressure in the interviews do I will I be able to handle that pressure yes or So there are certain questions which we are prepared.
(42:39) We need to find these in a human and when people come for an interview they are prepared they will show the best of their side but we want to know the negative side. >> Mhm. >> And then when the ne because in difficult situations when the contingency will arrive the negative things comes first. >> True. What was your negative thing? >> What was my negative thing? I think uh negative thing I I don't think so I found myself negative. Yeah.
(43:06) There was a situation >> where I was not I >> I never used to read a lot. >> Geopolitics was my negative thing. >> Okay. >> And now it is my positive thing. >> That was your weakness. >> That was my weakness. Yes. Of course >> you were not aware about the current affairs. >> Each and everything I was not aware because uh I've been serving in the army.
(43:26) I'm generally or most of the times I am out of network areas, away from the family, away from the phone, away from the internet. I'm not getting to know what is happening in the country and when I come back in the network area, I want to relax, have a freshen up my mind, fulfill my family responsibilities and then go back. >> So the prioritization of things in my life I've just told you is sub there was no place for okay I need to learn about what's happening in say for example Middle East.
(43:54) M >> that is not my immediate priority. >> True. >> So that was my weakness. I I didn't used to read a lot but now I read a lot. >> M and what did they tell you then >> if that was a weakness and you were not aware? >> They ask you they find it out. >> Uhhuh. And then they ask you >> because now it is 14 days.
(44:13) So you on the first second third day you'll get I get to know that oh I'm not able to answer these this part. >> So you'll go study and >> I go study. I go back in the night. I'll open my internet, open my laptop, use the internet, read about things happening and d over the next couple of days they see the improvement and they don't tell you that you need to improve this.
(44:34) Are you improving on your own? Are you taking the responsibility to improve yourself is what we're looking for. >> And they test that. >> They test that >> and the tests are being done by different uh officers. The there are multiple organizations within the presidential secretary. see officers everyone discusses it then uh we come down to a conclusion so there's only one vacancy one ADC goes out and the other one comes into relief so when the 30 shortlisted officers were interviewed the vacancy was one >> we have to select one individual and that one has to be in such a mental
(45:11) state that he's a able to adapt uh to the changing environment changing surroundings and he's able to take the responsibility of the presidential requirements. >> Do the Tai try to break you down mentally by putting some pressure? >> Yes, of course. >> What >> what do they do? >> I just gave you a situation at two and a half hours or for example an hour long session we are having.
(45:36) I'm continuously asking questions. >> I know you're weak in that. >> I know you're weak in that because I in the beginning only I came to know your weaknesses towards the geopolitics. But I'll again and again ask those questions >> 3 hours I'll just ask this irritate you >> but I will every second or third questions I'll irritate you.
(45:53) Now you have that pressure key I'm not able to answer. I'm not able to answer. >> You put a human in that situation. That is how you train your mind. >> We train our juniors or we were also trained the same way. So we put them in a pressure where they feel I'm not able to answer. I feel ashamed. I need to do this something.
(46:16) And then that thing comes from inside. We go back and we are ashamed that we were not able to answer our seniors. And if he is there, he had done it, I can also do it. >> True. >> That's a positive ego. That's a positive mindset. So we go back, eat our food and read that I want to do that. Next time he ask, if he ask me 100 questions, at least I'll answer 20.
(46:35) >> If I was not able to answer two, I will answer 20. >> And do they check backgrounds? >> Of course. >> Is checked on multiple levels. >> What verification do they do? What backgrounds do they check? >> Um character. How do they find out character? >> There are people, agencies, complaints. So if like I'm I I was about to join.
(46:57) So my initial background since my childhood, where have I done my schooling from with people whom I've involved? >> I've been ever involved with have I done something wrong in my past? Has the complaint been raised? >> Am I there's any case going on against me? Everything is checked. Even my family background is checked because you are putting a young human at such a big place and a responsibility.
(47:22) You need to be clear of each and everything. You can't take risk that some rogue man who tried to you know manipulate people and try to hide and was successful in hiding his own nature now he ends up he or she ends up in a situation now he can do anything >> at the most powerful >> at the most powerful they are the closest to the senior dignitaries of the government of India.
(47:44) You don't want to do that. >> Do people come and try to bribe you? >> No. >> Why at that position? Because you're close. >> So, uh like the I've told you my entire day is scheduled. >> So, when someone whom we don't know or people generally come up, they try to be friends with. Of course, like they don't try to be your friend, but yes, of course, let's go have a cup of coffee, >> uh have a food at our place.
(48:09) >> But if you don't know them, then we also know there's something fishy. Why will someone randomly come up and start having hosting me a dinner or host me a coffee or would want key >> just normal friends fascination >> why how >> I don't know I'm asking you >> so that is we know we are at a position where we can be manipulated by people can be exploited by people because we are young people can there's a natural tendency or a thought process that they are young people we can manipulate them people get excited but that is how you
(48:41) know like the selection process. I thought I I spoke about that puts the filters in. Now I know there are checks and balances. My inner self gives me an alarm. Why? You don't know him. You never knew him before you met him here. And even if you go out for a cup of coffee, the moment you come to know that he's seeking something out of you, cut it.
(49:03) >> Sorry. I have work. We leave because we know they are trying to exploit us. >> Has someone tried to do that? Yes, of course they have people have tried to come up be friends with me. I'm I'm saying for the personal yes they've come and spoken to me tried to be friends with me but the moment I've realized this is not a friendship they're seeking >> but the end result is different.
(49:27) I know >> I know why someone will be my friend. I know. >> You can make it. >> I can make it out. It's experience you get. >> Initially when I joined I didn't have that experience. So my seniors always have like the seniors always have eyes on the younger ADCs. Where are they going out and meeting whom? >> We keep a track the moment he or she realizes that are they being manipulated because manipulation is there there are some people good people who can manipulate people. young people.
(49:55) We don't want to be ending up in a situation of getting shame >> for the individual, for the president of India and for the association or the organization we have. So it's a big long process. Yes, it has happened with me and cut off. That's my easy way. I don't know. I don't reply to them. I don't speak to them.
(50:15) >> But directly somebody is not trying to bribe you. >> No, it was like >> everyone is afraid because they don't know I do or not. Yeah, >> the best part uh is that I'm young. I have aim. I have goals and aspirations and I have moral values. >> But they don't know that yet, right? >> But they are scared uniformed people because this position, this place is way too big.
(50:39) >> Yeah. Which is true. the moment they are also anyone I would say I don't know who but if if I put me in the opposite position I would be very scared >> everyone would be very scared >> everyone would be scared you can't trust a younger you like how what moral ethical values he or she holds the moment I go out and say oh this guy came up and did this his entire career is lost >> fair >> and I'm at a such a position where I can tell anything and it will be accepted I have figures And young people, motivated young people
(51:13) who are working with an aim, they will not you know like accept all these things. >> True. They'll and they will also to set an example make sure that you get ruined so that other people are not approached by you. >> Yes. So we have a personal life also and the time I told you we get a very limited time for ourselves for our families up is sub when someone tries to do that and we get to know that we are being played upon we teach them a lesson we need to this had to be stopped this has to be stopped I am of the firm
(51:47) opinion this has to be stopped >> I don't appreciate it any ADC serving or who has served has never appreciated it and will not do it ahead Do you do you in your personal life do you look at other people friends and probably potential partner with distrust that maybe the girl who's trying to probably talk to you become your friends you don't know what ulterior motive is >> see I do you see do you look at everyone with distrust >> personally >> I'm telling you my personal opinion I see everyone with distrust >> until I gain that confidence and trust
(52:27) I always have that one day the person who's sitting in front of me will backstab me. Now I'm prepared for the contingency. I don't have expectations. You show me your colors. I'm prepared because my mind has already accepted nothing >> that you're going to be there. >> I'm going to be betrayed. So now I plan my things accordingly.
(52:48) Other than my parents and my childhood friends whom I've known for a while, people who I meet new, I don't trust them. I do not trust them. Even if they commit and promise me anything, >> I don't. >> I always know that they one day they're going to go back and do something which will bring shame for me.
(53:07) I'm prepared for that. So I will play along. Let them show their colors. And then is it a bad way to live? No, it's not a bad paranoid in your head that okay, maybe your partner, your girlfriend, your wife, your husband, your boyfriend, whoever. >> No, >> can turn out to be >> girlfriend, boyfriend, husband. You've spent a time and gained that confidence.
(53:30) >> You spent in the beginning. In the beginning, >> in the beginning, yes, of course, until you gain that trust. But I'll always be looking upon them with the fishy eyes. >> What is the reason? Yes, of course. that I think I would say that is how my mindset have been built by the army. Always be alert.
(53:49) Always be prepared for the contingencies. Always be ready that things go will go bad. If you're ready for things will go bad. So you don't have expectations and you're prepared. I'm prepared. >> Do you do background checks on anyone? Try to come close to now. Yes. If I was talking to you like I'm talking to you right now, I do that.
(54:10) So you must have done a background check on me as well. >> I read about you a lot >> and then asked couple of friends who know me. >> You're a good man man. I trust you. So yes of course I read about you. I spoke to people. I tried to find out and I tried to read about you. I saw I saw most of you. I think I in the last 2 three days I've seen your 10 or some podcast.
(54:34) Imagine at least it goes for an hour more than an hour. I've spent 10 hours on you watching you. So I analyze that is my natural instinct. The organization the training the things happened in life have taught me this >> which is man it must be is it must be very stressful to live like that I live okay it's very different work so I can't even compare but I'm telling you as a human being I trust people and I upfront trust people I love in fact I'm like okay out of the thousand people this person is bad others are right like in my head I'm like that person
(55:14) >> so I can't imagine how you live like how you >> I I used to be like that before >> something to trust but then you know uh the organization the training teaches you >> not to trust blindly >> you have to trust >> but have you been betrayed >> no I don't think so okay >> not yet and I don't want to be betrayed But not really.
(55:38) >> But this has become your normal way of operating. >> Yes, that is my normal way of operating. >> Tell me what when you when you meet president, right? There's a protocol for other people to meet as well. >> Yes, >> I've seen that ceremony where they give the president award, right? Everybody comes in a certain way.
(55:55) They practice in a certain way. They bow down then they receive. Why is that important? Ceremonial like everything is very ceremonial. Yes, it is ceremonial because there has to be a procedure to that. >> If we don't Okay, so for example, I'll give you a contradicting question, contradicting example to this. If I don't tell them how to do, someone will come and directly come up to the prison.
(56:20) >> So, you know, you would have seen the award ceremonies which are conducted in Rajasthropi. There's a procedure. They rise from the chair, go to the center, >> stand there, they wish the president and then they come up, take the award. >> Right? If I don't make them do in a particular way anyone would just there'll be a chaos somebody would be going coming directly stand rising from the right they'll rise from the chair move up to the president and snatch it from the president you don't want that because the entire country and in fact
(56:48) people outside are also watching you you don't want to bring shame no you can't >> so what is the protocol like what do you teach them >> so we let's say I am coming to meet the president and president's going to give me award what will you tell them what is the protocol >> okay so if you're coming to take an award so there'll be an award ceremony which is conducted inside the raashtraati bhawan like the civil defense civil investor ceremony and the defense investor ceremonies they're conducted so for example if you've come
(57:19) and you've come to take an award I will first show you your place to sit the award there's a specific place where the award sit and in front the audience sits the family members of the awardies >> then I'll tell you once your name is announced, you will rise from your chair, come in the center of the hall and face the president because now you have to receive the award from the president of India.
(57:41) While you're standing there, your citation will be read. What have you done? Why are you getting this award? It will be read on the live television so that anyone who's watching or sitting knows what you have done. Once your citation is read, then you will walk up to the president and receive the award.
(57:59) Now while you're receiving the award you look either to left or right because the media is standing there. We need to get a picture done. So you and the president will look towards one side where the media is there so that we can have a picture. Once you receive it you just say thank you. It's a normal courtesy. There's no we never tell anyone to bow.
(58:18) There's no courtes there. This has never been a tradition I think and this I never did it and never it will happen ahead because we always tell to say thank you. It's a normal human gesture >> but everyone bows. >> It's a you know like when in India when you do namaste you bow like this. It's a respect you show it to your elders >> and because two people are doing then everybody's be like okay that's maybe the right way to do it and that's why everybody >> but then it depends upon the you know like the community their own cultural
(58:48) tribes some people bow a lot or bend a lot so it it seems like they're boowing to the president but there's no need to bow but yes of course you would greet the president it's a normal curtsy as you would greet your elders at your home you always do namaste with the head slightly bent because they are your elders it's the Now the way of doing differs from individual to individual and then it is perceived as like they're Boeing.
(59:13) We have not we not doing the Boeing thing. >> And then how do they go out then? >> Okay. So you've received the award. You would just take one step back say thank you to the president for giving me this award. You turn around and go towards your seat and you sit down. That is how if 10 people are getting awards that is how the 10 people would be getting their awards >> and then they keep sitting until the president leaves.
(59:33) >> Uh >> or can they walk out? No, they can't walk out because your fellow awardees are yet to be given awards. You can't. It'll be disrespect. Everyone is sitting there with equal level of respect. That is why they are awarded on national uh level. So for example, if you we both are sitting there, >> you receive an award >> and I'm sitting there and I'm yet to receive an award.
(59:56) >> How bad will it will? >> Yeah, it would be bad. But I'm just asking like is there a protocol or is there a rule that people can't walk out? >> They can't if there's an emergency. Yes, of course they can. If anything, >> so it's not a rule. It's just an unsaid >> We tell them. >> Okay, you tell them. >> We tell them if there's an emergency, someone might feel bad health-wise or anything is there, you may rise and go behind the chairs.
(1:00:21) But there's no need to do that unless it's emergency because everyone of the government of India, senior official, dignitaries and your fellow awardies are sitting there. You won't do that to your own fellow people. M >> you don't want to disrespect everyone because you've earned it. Everyone there has earned it.
(1:00:37) It's a respect we show it to everyone. That is why we tell them please be seated until the president leaves. You can't leave the premises and then come back in. >> Okay. You would leave and then leave. Like you can't come in >> the I said the premises. So you're sitting in a hall. They've uh the hall will have washrooms aside, but you can't leave the building >> and then go >> and then go.
(1:00:56) But you can go to the washroom and come back. >> Yes, of course. That that's a normal norm. We have eyes. >> No, that's >> security eyes are there. Everyone look, we're looking at everyone. >> That is the main and the good job of the security personnel. They look at each each and every >> So that's not a rule. >> That's not a rule. No, that's not wrong.
(1:01:11) >> Is there like do you announce something before the president comes? >> Yes. The honorable president of India. >> What do you announce? Like just >> I just >> Is there a formal announcement? What exact words do you announce? We announce ladies and gentlemen the honorable president of India >> is your >> yes that that's it the moment she's about to enter as of now the moment the president of India is about to enter the hall or the room and people are sitting there we announce ladies and gentlemen the president so as a courtesy people
(1:01:41) rise and everybody stands >> everybody stands and say namaste they do namaste >> it's a courtesy they extend we don't tell them there's no compulsion you don't you don't want to stand so you don't you have to stand there's no compulsion Okay. If somebody doesn't stand, it's okay. >> But people are not so you know like >> no there some country head can show this as a power move that I don't stand.
(1:02:03) >> They can like they've done this right. Our country people have also done that. Other people have also done that. >> It's normal natural. >> It it is no like >> you don't rise for anyone. >> If you don't rise what will what can I do? I can't ask you to leave. >> It's your personal choice. If you want to disrespect you want you will be looked upon as a disrespectful human being.
(1:02:20) M >> you wouldn't want to do that >> until you have something against the >> that can also be a fame gaining >> opportunity for some >> to get eyes on yourself >> of course >> that's like a lot of people would do >> but that is just we announce ladies and gentlemen the honorable president of India >> and as we announce the ending part the president enters the hall >> and who checks like is it you who will check the car that president will be sitting in or the hall she will or is it the security people who will tell you and you trust them that they've
(1:02:53) checked. So the checking is done by the security personal it is their responsibility each and everything they go into detail. I on the other hand I am planning and tying up the protocol part got >> the flow of the event. >> How and what will the president do? What all you will do? Uh I will just brief them.
(1:03:14) While I'm doing this the security is working their part. >> So you just assume that the security must have done the good job. >> So they do it and they give us a okay. Now it is ready. Once we take an okay from them all okay. Then we inform the prison that ma'am everything is ready. We can go. who checks the car before she sits in because there'll be different cars.
(1:03:32) So she there's only one car she sits in all the time. >> Oh we have two cars one spare car and one main car for the present dedicatedly we have two two cars as of now. So the car we is uh there's a garage superintendent who's responsible for the maintenance of the car. The cars have to be in the running condition. So the number one car the main car comes it stands outside the main building from where the president will sit in the car.
(1:03:57) Once the car is there, the security personnel check it first. They check it. They give us okay that there is no threat in this car. Then we go inside. Before we conduct the prison, we go have a look in the car that things are organized, things are kept as per her requirements. And if there anything is wrong, that is the final check we do in the car and then we conduct the car president of the car.
(1:04:18) >> And but in other other states, other cities, the same car goes. >> No. So the car which is in Delhi we can't take that car to say for example Kerala or so because the president is the state head >> the security the welcome the travel everything is the responsibility of the individual state.
(1:04:41) So for example we flew from Delhi to Bombay. So now the president is the guest of the state of Maharashtra. >> So it is the responsibility of the government of Maharashtra to provide a car for the president. >> Got it. And the security and everything is done by the state of Maharashtra, government of Maharashtra. They are responsible for that.
(1:05:00) Anything goes wrong, the union or the central government will take the government of Maharashtra responsible for it. We do the livening part >> but the security agencies are doing their own part. >> But you will give your technical radar that these are the things that we want in the car and this is it. >> Yes.
(1:05:19) And do you do the last inspection or you just trust the head of police of Maharashtra who would just tell you like >> we we trust the security agencies. If you're traveling outside of Delhi, we trust the security agencies. >> They are doing their job perfectly fine. >> Like how in US they have one car >> or maybe multiple versions of the same car but that cars goes everywhere.
(1:05:36) >> Yes. >> Like even if they come to to different country >> the travel it is particular country to country choice. >> We don't do that. >> We don't do that. We we don't even take our cars to other countries. >> Uh we don't take >> for prime minister. No. >> Uh for prime minister I'm not sure. I'm not aware of that.
(1:05:52) But for the president, we don't take the car. >> The president goes as the guest of the country. >> See, we went to the Portugal, we went to New Zealand, we went to Fiji or whatever country are going. We are the guest being hosted by the >> so responsibility of the president of India becomes that of the hosting country. >> They are responsible.
(1:06:14) If anything goes wrong with our president, they will be held accountable for that. >> Got it. And what's fascinating to me when I look at you right every time you're just right next to the president is the uniform. Like there are so many elements on the uniform. I want to understand what that uniform is.
(1:06:34) I want to pick up each every piece and tell me what is that. Okay. Is that okay? Can I put that? >> Sure. Yes. Of course. Of course. Tell you why are there different colors in uniform? >> There is colors. >> Yeah. Like there's white color then there's olive. >> So okay uh in the military uniforms you're talking about >> in your uniform also.
(1:06:53) No like you I've seen you wearing the darker one and the lighter one both. >> Okay. So the lighter one which is the white one which you can you see here white is used during the summers >> and the darker one blue is used during the winters. >> Okay. These are the only two uniforms you have as an ADC or you have other colors. >> We have other colors like you see uh this one.
(1:07:13) >> This color you're saying? >> Yeah, this color. This is olive green. Dark olive green. >> This is the regular color of the summer uniform of Indian army. >> It's half sleeves olive green. Olive green is because army works on ground grass that's why green. >> Okay. So let's say this is this is dark blue.
(1:07:35) This is no this is it's color showing is coming up as uh >> dark blue but this is olive green >> it's olive dark olive green is same same and same >> okay >> this is also the same 1 2 3 4 all same >> so you have white and this >> we have so this is regular working dress so now the one which I'm wearing here this is a winter ceremonial dress >> it's only worn on ceremonial occasions national events >> like republic day >> republic day parade or you would wear it while in a banquet >> okay >> in winters so you would wear this >> and the similar there's a white one
(1:08:11) >> which uh the previous one you had a picture >> I wear a white one in the similar attire so that is during the summer ceremonial dress >> got it and then full time you have to wear this when can you wear this like not this is not uniform >> though this is not uniform I met the honorable president a couple of days back this I came in unofficial capacity >> got it So every time you're on official duty, you have to wear uniforms.
(1:08:35) You can't be in your >> uh No, we can't be. So we generally put on uh you know like the tracksuits >> when the president goes for a walk in the morning. So we walk we go along with the the duty ADC walk along with the president. That time we do not put on uniform. We are in our tracksuits. >> Got it.
(1:08:57) And so on your uniform what I can see there are so many things. What does each of them signify? >> Like what's uh where do we start? You you choose. >> So we start from the head. >> Okay. >> Okay. So this is a peak cap. This is worn only during uh the ceremonial occasions. >> Uh in army also the officers and even in the uniformed any uniform force the officers put on a peak cap.
(1:09:25) >> So it is a headgear it is mandatory to have. But being in the par as you can see here I'm wearing a maroon beret. >> It signifies the difference between a peacap officer and a beret officer. It's a beret. >> So the par office >> what is the difference? >> So difference is it's only given to specially special people.
(1:09:44) We have done specialized training. >> It shows that we have the why is it maroon I would want to tell you is because we have bled to get this. >> So maroon is for the blood >> color. We have you know like given our blood earned it that is why we wear maroon. So this everybody would get every officer would get this.
(1:10:03) Not every officer, >> not everyone. >> But the only difference now you see here is it is an Ashoka emblem >> in the organization in the unit. You will not have an Ashoka have a Shoka emblem here. You will have the regimental symbol crest like in the beret. I'm wearing this silver color. You can see the parachute wings >> the wings and the parachute.
(1:10:24) >> This is the crest of the parachute regiment. >> Okay. So if for example I am from Jart regiment example I was in Jart regiment. So when I used to wear the pecap >> the crest of the jat regiment was here instead of Ashoka emblem. >> Now I was serving the president of India. She's the union head of the India.
(1:10:46) That is why Ashoka emblem is here. >> Got it? >> Otherwise I would wear my regimental crust. >> Okay. Then now what's >> okay? So uh this is the shoulder title. You can see it's written par. So it signifies the regiment which I belong to. >> So if I when I was in Jart there was Jart written J A written in capitals. >> So now I'm in par and that is why the shoulder title says par >> and special forces >> and special forces in additional we get after clearing the probation the probation to get you know like uh selected in the parachute regiment you
(1:11:20) have to go through probation phase. >> Okay. So when you clear it you get the maroon berry which signifies you have given blood and that special forces tag >> and above that it's president's staff India. So we get it when we are selected as an ADC and even the non ADC non you know like the people who are not the ADCs they also get it but people who belong to military >> and they are serving the president they get this president's staff India >> got >> to put on the uniform >> only the military staff for the president will get this
(1:11:50) >> they'll get this and only when they're serving in the presidential palace or the president secretariat they can put it on till that time >> what's this >> so this is a kamar bant it's basically put on the waist. Uh it's a ceremonial thing. Otherwise, I would put on a belt, but uh since we I'm wearing a tunic, a patrol, so it looks for a like it holds the tunic and the trouser together.
(1:12:15) It's just a >> decorative decorative purposes. >> Okay. It's it doesn't signify. >> It doesn't signifies anything. It's just a camar bun. You would call it >> part of decoration of the What's this? >> This is an aate. Okay. So this is given to the senior officers of the uniformed forces.
(1:12:37) I would say even the police wears some sort of alet, the navy, army, everyone wears it. Now what is the difference between this acklet is that I'm putting it on my right shoulder. >> Everyone else other than the service chiefs they put it on left shoulder. It's the seniority. It's the responsibility lies on the heaviest on their shoulder.
(1:13:01) So they put it on the right side. >> We put it on the right side because we are serving with the president. Once I go back from this like I was posted out went back to my unit. I was not authorized to wear the alet because I was no more serving the honorable president. >> You can't even wear it on left because you senior most I'm not the senior most officer.
(1:13:22) So I can't wear it even on my left. I was wearing it because I was serving the president of India and on to the right because she's the senior most and the biggest responsibility we have carry. It's a privilege given to the ATCs. >> And what's this? >> Uh this you can see are the applets. Basically these are the ranks shoulders. You can see there's a there's a thing which is placed on top on the both sides.
(1:13:44) >> So this is uh the rank which we carry. These are called applets. These are put on both shoulders and they carry ranks. It's a decorative thing but it signifies that these are the ranks. >> But what's your rank? It's >> okay. >> If you look at from the top it's just this sorry >> you see this golden color. >> This is here.
(1:14:04) But >> this is emblem. No >> this is emblem. Yes. >> So all the major >> the rank in army it's major. In air force it's cordon leader and in navy it's left in commander. So all these officers for army it's ashoka. For AFOS there are the stripes and for navy there are rings. >> Got it. >> So I'm wearing the Ashoka emblem on my shoulder but it's a threaded one.
(1:14:29) This is a metallic one. >> M and what are the ranks above major like tell me from junior to the top. >> So when we get commissioned now we get commissioned as a lieutenant. >> Okay. >> Uh then from lieutenant after 2 years of service and our promotional exams we become captain. We another serve for 3 months sorry 3 years and then we become major >> from major we serve roughly around 7 to 8 years and then we become lift and colonel we have to pass a test courses gradings all that matters to get the next rank. Okay.
(1:15:04) >> From lifting colonel then we become a colonel. From colonel we become a brigadier. After brigadier is major general. >> Then lifting general and the senior most becomes the general. >> The army general which is the >> army general. Who would be above army general? >> Chief of defense services. >> Okay.
(1:15:23) Who would be above CDS? >> And then comes the defense ministry. CDS is the head of all three services >> in India. Army air. >> The head of all these services is the CDS. Then uh you know like the juniors of the CDS are the three service chiefs. The army chief, the navy chief and the air force chief. >> So >> and then it comes >> and the chief would be the general.
(1:15:43) >> Chief will be the general. Yes. Of course. In army it will be the general. In air force it'll be the chief of air staff and in navy general. >> Yes. >> Okay. So these are the And now what's this? These are four different medals. >> These are four different medals. These are called the service medals.
(1:15:59) So you basically get these medals when you are posted in a specific area for a specific duration of time. I would just give you a bit like uh starting from the right to the left. The right is the independence 75th year independence medal. So we completed a 75th year. Everyone in the uniform got this medal was authorized to wear this medal.
(1:16:19) >> Nice. >> This was given decided by the government of India. >> Okay. After this onto the lift is the middle with the blue and the white >> but every major or every >> everyone with uniform >> even a soldier on ground will be able to >> okay >> this these are service medals everyone gets it >> starting from a soldier a javant to the senior most >> chiefs or CDS >> so the second is uh blue and white this is a high altitude medal it signifies that the individual has served in the high altitude region of the country
(1:16:52) >> mm This is uh sa sea medal and this is special service medal. So they depends upon the areas specific counter insurgency insurgency areas or affected areas they are given there. So these are the four medals as if I'm wearing it it signifies that I've uh I was there when the 75th year of independence I've served in the high altitude.
(1:17:14) I've served in JNK and insurgency areas. >> This signifies where I've served. >> Okay. And it doesn't matter if you have excelled there or no, if you are the top-notch person there or no, it doesn't matter. Everyone who has served it >> will get this. If you have excelled there, you get the commendations >> initially.
(1:17:33) Non-galantry are the commendations. >> Okay. >> Like uh below these you see these two badges. >> The red one is the commendation which I got from the vice chief of the Indian army. >> Okay. >> And the the the other one this one is the commendation by the chief of army staff. And why did you get it? >> Uh this was given to me uh when we won the republic day parade in 2021.
(1:17:54) This was awarded to me by the chief uh of army in the rastropatic award for my work which I've done here. Commendable work. Okay. >> You've done a good work. This is the commendation you give >> for the president of India. What you have done that's your service towards the president of India. Whatever you've done you get done good job.
(1:18:12) I'm commending. This also happens in the unit as well. If someone does a good work to appreciate their work the commendation kahad are awarded. >> Okay. And what was you said you won republic day parade. >> Yes. So uh in 2021 January 2021 I was in the republic day parade. I was leading the Jart regimental contingent and uh there's a competition which goes on in all the reg like marching contingents.
(1:18:41) So we were the best marching contingent in the republic parade. That is why >> because you were leading it that's why you got it. >> No. So there was six contingents. Six officers leading six contingents. The best one marching. >> The best one marching. So >> you and your unit was the best and you were leading your unit. That's why.
(1:18:59) >> Yes, of course. Yes. That's the reason. >> And who chooses this? >> There's a committee which is sit uh seated there in the parade. They there are different gradings categories. They are divided the checks and balance and then one finalize they finalize it who has won the parade. >> Nice.
(1:19:17) And what's this? >> Yes. So uh this is the most quoted Balidan badge. >> Uh you have to give your blood and your sweat and your sleepless nights for to earn this. It it's it's not balan badge. Balidan badge is a symbol that you have given Balidan of your soul. >> You have now given what it takes to be the best. >> Uh you know you have given the balan of your life towards the organization towards this cause.
(1:19:54) So this I think in India we call it the balan batch. In different countries the specialized forces get different badges and the names are different. Okay. >> In India it is balidhan batch. Why did you get it? >> Uh so you know I was in the J regiment >> and uh to become a special forces operative you have to undergo a probation phase.
(1:20:15) >> Okay. >> Uh there's a documentary on it you know like discovery which which had come up back in a couple of years ago >> where which you know tells you about the procedure of the probation. So for roughly around 90 days the individual say for example me uh I was put into a completely cut off world and s stressful controlled stressful situations to assess my capabilities.
(1:20:47) So for 90 days I was put into rigorous training sleepless nights different tasks missions training was going on. So basically you they don't let you sleep in these 90 days. You hardly sleep in your classes when you're about to doze off. It's a very interesting part. They push you to your limits. The human limit you touch your human limits.
(1:21:10) Individual it differs or it varies from individual to individual. I would say some has higher potential limits of their physical capability and the mental capability. But this probation is designed in such a way that we push the individual to their limits and then decide whether they break or not. >> M >> they should not break.
(1:21:29) We are looking for a human who doesn't break. >> How did they try to break you? Give me the most stressful situation where you were about to break. U like it's already there in the documentary that you know like they put you in a tank and then they uh make you go in the water and then you know like they put you inside take it out and keep you inside so you breathe breathe and the moment you're tired you don't fight it.
(1:22:00) Take me Exactly. So it's it's a part of a probation. That's called the stress phase. >> Already the 90 days are a stressful 90 days because you don't get to sleep. You're waking, you're not sleeping, you're just running, walking, learning, doing activities. >> So in that duration of things there comes a stress phase for different units have their different plan for stress phase. Okay.
(1:22:25) >> Say let's for example I give you an example stress phase was for 72 hours. So 72 hours the whatever I was doing for the past number of days it was taken more extreme to the upper level. So no rest, no water, no food >> for 72 hours. >> For 72 hours and then uh difficult activities, the level of difficulty was increased every hour.
(1:22:49) Every minute >> a new thing was there and I had to do it without having water you know like uh carrying logs on our shoulders having 30 kg of backpack weapon and things and all and we are walking continuously. They don't let you have water >> when after a certain amount of time there's a diving tank. No, in which we learn the underwater diving things.
(1:23:11) So they put you into into the tank. The first thing you know like you've not drunk you've not had water for >> say >> 20 hours or say 10 hours for example. What will the first thing you do is you drink water >> but you can't drink the tank water. It's a diving tank. Everyone is just diving in equipments.
(1:23:28) It's not a drinkable water. >> But then who cares? You need to have water. >> What I do, I entered inside. The moment they put me inside, I drank water >> because I was thirsty. I had not had water for a almost more than a day. I was thirsty. I was doing contin I need water to you know like continue my head. >> I drank water.
(1:23:47) So now my stomach is full. >> So then they put you inside the water. They started pushing me inside the water. 1 2 3. I was resisting. I want to >> pushing as in >> like uh >> there are people who are pushing you. >> Pushing me. Yes, they're pushing me inside the water. and not making letting me breathe. So I'm inside the water.
(1:24:04) So I'm trying to control my breathing. I'm I've stopped breathing. Taki pani the water does not go into the lungs and then after a certain amount of time they'll pull you out so that you can breathe. And then they'll do that repeatedly to you. How long will you fight? So basically imagine that someone is trying to kill you, choking you inside the water.
(1:24:22) You can't breathe inside the water. >> So you'll fight >> and do you push to come up? >> Yes. But then they you've been pressed upon your shoulders inside the water. You're trying to come out have a you know like have a breathe >> and then go back >> but you can't because you you already pressed in the water but then they are trained the instructors are trained in certain way that we don't want to harm the individual but we want him to give up >> or take him to his limit where he says that I want to give up >> I want to die. So we give them a breathe
(1:24:52) and then put it inside and like initially for 5 minutes you will resist 10 depends upon the strength you have left in your body you will resist and then there'll come a time when you can't like you can't because you're tired your muscles are tired you've been in a difficult stressful situation for a for a while now and then you give up key oh god I can't I want to like I can see the light over there I want to go up but I'm not I don't have the strength left and then they'll pull out and like you still want to do it say yes or Because now you
(1:25:21) know you're going to die. That fear comes inside. You know I was talking in one of my live I spoke about the courage. Does courage exist without fear? No. Until you you have a fear you will your courage will not come out. You will give it up. So I still remember when I was put under water I saw the light.
(1:25:40) I wanted to go to the light but I couldn't go up. It was given up. >> Yeah. I I I wanted to give up. I want to breathe or I'll die. And I was trying trying trying. They pulled me out. You want to do it? I thought and say there was a voice coming on I don't want to do it I want to go live a normal life why am I going and doing such things >> there was this feeling coming from inside key you say no and you can eat breathe sleep peacefully >> but the mind oh mind never wants to give up how will I give up I will die to today but I will give up tomorrow but not today that is
(1:26:16) my fun of life I will not give up today >> and then you went back I didn't go wagon. They took me out. Do you want to do it? I gave them a look. I wanted to say yes, but I no I will not go. And they put me back inside. And then I'm choking again. Choking and then they again take you out.
(1:26:34) So they make you do it two three times until you're totally dead because there will be a moment now you can't move your lung and then you'll give up. >> The moment you'll give up, what you'll do is you'll breathe and the water will go to your lungs which will harm you. >> So the instructors are trained not to let that happen.
(1:26:49) They know when is the moment you're about to give up. >> Yeah, I'm about to give up. >> So they'll pull you out. So we that is how we test an individual to their limits because when the difficult situations will arise, the enemy will not be your friend. >> You might have seen in the documentary which has recently come up in Netflix of the air force when uh you know like fighter pilot landed across and he was held hostage by the >> neighbors, right? So they they don't let you go easily.
(1:27:19) They want to take out the information. Will you reveal the secrets? >> Will you give up? That my life is more important to me than my country or my secrets. So we want those individual who are able to hold it as long as possible. So I would uh tell you special forces are specially trained motivated people who are trained for a specific cause and a specific purpose.
(1:27:46) Say for example, I'll give you a thing. Uh there are you found like there's come to news and you found that there are you know like enemies or the terrorists inside some at some place anywhere can be anywhere or something has come up >> and the infantry is fighting them >> or any force any army organization any unit is fighting them >> but how well trained the terrorists are or how the situation goes ahead how the difficult it becomes there are there have been certain instances where the regular army is not able to fight with them because they're
(1:28:21) not specially trained in that environment. They don't have special weapons, special mindset, special training. Although they are capable but sometimes it so happens that the situation goes out of hand. That is when we come in. So we are always available on call with the commanders. These are commanders power.
(1:28:39) On call we are available. You come in. So we get in the heptos go there finish our work. as early as possible because we are specialized in that like I'm from the four I was in the four par SF so we are permanently in GNK >> and we are called the daggers so we've been like serving in that area for a long while we have developed our skills our habits accordingly so that is how you know we the difference comes in when things go bad things go out of hand or some something special has to come up >> the special forces are called
(1:29:15) >> what is special about mighty daggers. >> We have done good operations. You might have recently heard about operation Mahadev, the revenge for the pelgam. Uh our home our home minister had uh informed in the parliament taken the name that you know the four par special forces were able to neutralize the terrorists who have done the pelgam incident.
(1:29:39) So that is one major operation which we have recently everyone is aware of. Uh so yeah that was a one very good operation we have done and similar sort of things goes on these are counterinsurgency counterterrorism operations then depends upon the requirement of the government and the requirement of the higher commanders we are at the discretionary powers we do things which normally the organization or the military people won't do.
(1:30:03) >> What is the what is the most dangerous operation you have done? So there was this thing where we were walking and a lot of jungles and yeah we have met some friends. >> Friends >> yeah and who wanted to visit us so we had to stop them and we stopped them and we successfully came back. Yeah I think that is the best I can but yeah it was fun. It's a good learning.
(1:30:30) It's a >> Was it was it the cave operation the terrorists and stuff? Oh no. So it happened the cave operation had recently happened. It happened in I think February this year and it was also done by our unit. So the cave operation >> what was the cave operation? What was it? >> The the terrorists were hiding in the cave and uh there were three uh two to three terrorists in the cave hiding and the operation was conducted by our unit in like in like together with the other units and the police forces.
(1:31:00) It was a mixture of all the agencies involved. But yes, it was done by us and the the three terrorists were hiding inside the cave. We had surrounded them. They were not able to leave. So we had to get them get close to them as close as possible and neutralize them. So we were successfully able to neutralize them and we got all them all.
(1:31:20) We killed all of them. >> So neutralize is killing. >> Yeah. >> Neutralize. >> You use you use word neutralize. It's a military lingo. >> Is it elimination? >> It's similar to elimination, neutralization. >> They're all same. >> All same. It's a military. >> Eliminate the threat. Neutralize the terrorist. >> Assimilate. >> Yes. >> The target. All of these are same.
(1:31:42) >> Yes. >> Just different. >> The language uh the meaning is same. The essence is same. The words of course the words are different. >> Okay. So the way a police would use encounter, yes, you would use neutralize. >> We would say neutralize. We would say we won't say kill the terrorist. We >> do you guys have special weapons for it? >> Yes.
(1:32:02) Is different than army? >> Yes, we have specialized weapons. That is we have specialized training, specialized equipments and specialized weapons. >> Give me one or two equipments or weapons that you have which is special to only you. >> Tefle TV is Israeli, right? >> Teor is Israeli. That's a 5.56 mm rifle. that is a specialized rifle which was given to the parasf.
(1:32:28) >> It was not with the it is still not with the regular uh army troops. >> The the bottom line is that we need to be self relying >> relying on others and be self-sufficient. I think the government has started this a very good thing of making India initiative. >> We are now being self-sufficient for all these things.
(1:32:48) >> Interesting. And okay coming back to the operations right? Tell me one operation which you're really proud of. Maybe yours, maybe Indian armies, maybe parasf which is out there in public and you can tell and you can talk about it. >> No, I think I think everyone is aware of what happened in the surgical strikes.
(1:33:04) We had gone across we've been doing it for a while like although we claimed it now in the public media but we've been doing it for for a very long time openly accept. So it was told to the general public that we have done this but people have been doing it since ages. It was never told or shown everywhere. Now it is shown.
(1:33:26) It is a very good. >> Which agency do you respect the most? >> Uh as in which >> like in India? >> Okay. I respect all. Obviously you respect all but you're like some agency you're like these guys are way beyond or these guys are like way better than >> what we think of let's say there's IB there's RNA there is military intelligence there is the army the air force the navy you have then they have maros then you have you know parasf and then you have like greyhounds of small state police as well.
(1:34:03) >> Yes. Yes. So I understand your question but I you know like I would say everyone has their own the best in their own charter >> you can't ask Garud the special forces of air force to operate in mountains or you know like Marcos to operate in mountains but yes I am a fan of Marcos operating in the amphibious ops >> or the operation where you know like they've carried out a good operations recently Marcos I'm very fond of that But given a circumstance where they have to come up in the north and fight in the
(1:34:37) mountains, they won't be able to do that. And similarly happens with the security agencies like the IB and the RAW and the all agencies, rest all agencies which are involved, the military intelligence and all they are specialized in their domains. I like the way of functioning of everyone because it helps me grow.
(1:34:56) I what my best uh I think I like one thing about me is I observe everyone and I take out good things for myself. So coming to the organization's part, I like the way how intelligence agencies get the input. Okay, they they get the input, collect it, then come down to a conclusion and give it away like tell it to the people like us.
(1:35:16) This is the final confirmed input. You go and do it. So I like the way they collect input. So I learn it, I use it. So we involve these things into our own function which will help us improve. So as if you would ask me what is your favorite I don't have any favorite >> I like all of them all the agencies are the best in the domains but what I do is I always embibe good things which I am lacking or I know these are my >> fair I'm not asking favorite I'm saying which agency do you feel is way smarter than you thought like you just you were
(1:35:49) blown away by the way they function I'm not asking how they function what they do nothing everything is confidential I understand but someone who or some agency or some individual who impressed you a lot from some agency like these guys are uh I like the Marcos if you want me to say for example I like the Marcos >> they're way smarter >> way smarter in the areas where the water is there and they're way smarter than us even though we also do the water waterorn operations but they are specialized in water and they're the way
(1:36:23) they function they drill >> and similarly for the intelligence agencies domestic intellig businesses. IB is so good. >> IB is good. >> Huh? IB is good. Yes, >> IB is doing good. >> You love the way what they doing. >> I love the way IB functions like we've served closely with the IB and it's on a day-to-day requirement basis, but the way they function is good.
(1:36:45) >> You like this? You like that we getting aggressive? >> Yes. If you play with us, we'll get aggressive. That's a good thought from I would say from a reactive. >> Mhm. defense posture. We have come down to a proactive and deterrencebased defense posture. You play with us, we will show you who we are.
(1:37:09) If you don't play with us, you be cool. You do your work, we do our work. We will not unnecessarily poke you. But please do not poke us. Don't do bad things to us. We do not aim or think of doing bad to you. If you play wrong with us, do wrong with us, you're going to get double. And I think everyone now in the countries have seen it from their own eyes in the past I would say 8 to 10 years what we have done.
(1:37:33) >> True. >> True. Do you train yourself to become more alert? >> Yes. >> How? >> So every habit an individual does it shows a particular trait of them. >> I won't I won't name it. >> It's it's different from I my perception would be different than your perception. Maybe I'm having a glass of water with my left hand.
(1:37:55) It's normal for you. But I'm noticing that you're you're having a cup of glass from left hand. But there comes a day when you're having now with the right hand. So you were playing with me >> before or maybe your motive was different. >> I'm just alert. Are you are you planning to do something wrong? You alert because I've been in a situation where I have to think everything is going to go wrong.
(1:38:16) >> I'm prepared for the wrong that. So if I'm prepared, nothing can go wrong because I'm functioning towards that. True. >> Yeah, that is how we've trained been trained. >> But do you train your is there a special training routine for eye movement or something that you do and practice every day. >> There's no practice but it's a continuous training which >> like sports people right like if you look at especially F1 they have a routine for training their eyes >> right they have reaction training >> yes of course.
(1:38:46) >> So they they do all of these as a training routine. >> Okay. and so many more sports all around the world like fencing people do this a lot they have to do it or else the fence would just come in >> so do you do that as well because you >> I'll give you an example >> I think an example will be a good hair you know >> so during a probation >> uh when there is almost 30 kg in the bag and a log of 20 kg on your shoulder and you have the weapon and the equipments so almost so you're roughly carrying around 80 70 kgs on yourself. You're
(1:39:21) deprived of water. You're deprived of food for a longer period and you're deprived of sleep for 30 40 days. Now >> this is stress phase I'm talking about. Okay. >> And then you are made to take a walk roughly around a kilometer in a circular route. The route is circular. >> While you're doing this and you're lifting weights on you >> uh in between random places there are things kept.
(1:39:47) Say for example, we keep this helmet behind a tree. I am walking this route. There's a tree on my right and there's a blue helmet lying on the copper. And when that finishes, there's a test. What did you observe? That is how we train ourselves. >> This is this is there in that documentary.
(1:40:04) It is evidently people have seen it. I'm sure people a lot of people might might have seen that documentary on discovery. So this is just one example I just gave. That is how we train ourselves. But on a regular basis also do you train like this? >> A lot of things >> you have your regular trainings because once you have trained for that after that how are you in touch with all of these things? >> We need to be regularly trained.
(1:40:27) One uh why we are called specialized forces because of the training we do every day of ours is exciteful, eventful and full of learning. >> We do training every day. There has not been a single day in the unit in the special forces that I've like just gone to office, worked and come back. No, >> I'm doing something.
(1:40:55) Snake handling, uh, dog handling, weapon handling, learning new skills. I'm just improving my skills. If I know how to drink water, I'm learning new ways to drink water, which might come helpful for me in some situations. So, our training never stops. That is why we are in our brain is actually made to function and think in a particular way.
(1:41:20) Be prepared and then device contingencies practice when you are in peace and prepare for the worst. So you never fail. >> That's a no fail training we have. >> Do you do you get trained by turning for turning anything into a weapon? survival instinct. We generate the survival instinct in an individual.
(1:41:45) If you're left with no weapon, say for example, they make me sit here, >> you know, and then someone my enemy for example comes from either side. Whatever the door is, they come inside and now I have to fight. How will I fight or he's going to kill me? The enemy is going to kill me. I have to live. I have to live and I have to go back and meet my family.
(1:42:09) What will I do? That fear is embarked. It is like given to us that fear. So we our survival instinct comes up naturally. It's a human like it's a human instinct tendency. >> You try it with yourself or you know like anyone can try it for themselves. >> Survival instinct will definitely come up and we need to generate that.
(1:42:29) The moment it is there you will turn everything into a weapon. >> What in room can be the most lethal weapons? Tell me top three. >> Pen. >> Okay. is the easiest weapon you can you yourself. Your hands are the lethal weapons. >> We've been trained. There are specific points in your body with just one pinch you become incapable of movements.
(1:42:52) It can make you lie down. So the making things as a weapon is secondary when you know like your your enemy in front of you has something. If they are bare hands, you don't need a weapon. We have been trained in such a way we can use our hands and like hands and like our body to put them down. But if you have to ask me I would the easiest thing I would go for in this room is a pen.
(1:43:15) >> And then so pen. What else? What say two more things? >> Uh I can use this helmet as a weapon. >> That's a a good weapon. >> It's a good weapon. I can use this coffee mug as a good weapon. >> How can you use this as a weapon? >> It has a coffee inside. M >> so to disable him to fight I'll first throw the coffee and then moment he's washing hot things and he'll be in a you know like taken a back state he's now weak in front of me I can use my arms even if I can you like use this coffee mug and put him on his
(1:43:47) throat it'll affect a big effect on his body shock or use it anywhere on his body import Important organs I can target >> I'll not be able to kill with this coffee mark, but I'll be able to lower him down, take him back so that he doesn't have 100% aggression towards me and I can use that towards against him.
(1:44:10) What's what's the difference between the mindset that you have or a civilian's mindset like compare civilian mindset versus a special force mindset? >> Okay. Well, uh there's a I think there's a the what a mindset is. People think that the forgi mindset or a military mindset is that you know it it is aggressive, it is disciplined and it is non-emotional.
(1:44:42) This is fudgy military mindset but it's not military mindset. It is these are the these are some part maybe some small little bit parts of the military mindset but the major chunk of the military mindset is be prepared being prepared for the things you're not ready for being prepared for that day when you're not ready for okay so you know like you assess the situation we always there's in back of my head I'm always thinking what can go wrong in this situation what can go wrong >> so situational aware Awareness is one
(1:45:17) okay I would say if I have to explain it to you I would break down into pillars >> okay pillars of mindset to for easier understanding of both of us pillars of mindset military mindset so military mindset first pillar I just said situational awareness >> okay >> I need to be sure of >> what is the situation around me what can go wrong what can I use >> like you just asked what can I use as a weapon that is situational awareness What can go wrong that is situational awareness.
(1:45:49) What can be beneficial for me is a situational awareness and then take a decision based on that is the first pillar. Other can be the emotional discipline which differs a military mindset >> okay >> from a civilian mindset emotional discipline. >> Now people you know like in the civilian world they take it against that the military people are emotionless.
(1:46:12) We are not emotionless. We have emotions. We are humans. We also carry emotions. But we have been trained in such a way that they are suppressed. They are made to suppress because with emotions people do mistakes and we can't afford to have mistakes. So emotional discipline not react immediately reacting situations.
(1:46:32) Uh thinking before saying something, take a pause. It it's it makes a big difference in aggression. In happiness, in a state of happiness or sadness or aggression, you take a pause. 3 seconds. I take 3 seconds. The rule is 4 seconds pause. I take 3 seconds pause and it makes me think and I end up having a taking a good decision.
(1:46:55) This was a second, you know, like pillar. >> Third would be team mindset. >> Always work in teams. It helps you grow. uh if for example me I have you as my friend or my teammate >> and I think that uh let's go do this I might be wrong because for me it's good it's always good to have a team member speak to someone discuss with someone have their opinion they can help you will they will help you not go wrong if they are your team members >> build that trust build that confidence that is the difference between a military mindset and civil env
(1:47:34) teamwork the the things are there in the corporate world they also have teams people in the outside civilian life also make teams but what matters is the trust and the confidence in that team >> and helping each other grow this is the third what else would be there we have spoken about emotional part >> situational awareness >> situational awareness >> team mindset >> uh team mindset and the third will be >> fourth will be >> uh sorry uh the fourth Truth can be you know analyzing an afteraction review.
(1:48:15) It's another pillar of your mindset. After action review >> whatever you have done review it. We review it. Our mind is prepared in such a way that we whatever we do we always review it >> so that we know the mistakes we know of course if I'm doing something I know where I lack I know where are my limitations boundaries I'm not able to do that >> if I go back and review that >> next time when I start doing it again I overcome my weaknesses after action review it's another pillar of this mindset got >> so there are certain pillars of military
(1:48:54) mindset which differs a military mind from a civilian mind. I think these four have been broader on a broader aspect if you would ask this is the difference between a military mindset. >> See there's one more thing which is fearlessness. >> Yes, >> you guys are fearless. How can somebody become dangerously fearless? Uh okay we are not fearless practically saying we also fair but we are trained in such a way during a training time over a longer period.
(1:49:29) >> Okay let me give you an example is we are put under controlled stressful fearful situations to train our mind so that it does not panic when the situation actual situation comes up. So the NDA was 3 years, >> IMA was one year, four years of training, special forces training. While all this and regular training which I'm doing in the special forces, my mind is being trained that everything will go bad, everything will go wrong. I will fear.
(1:50:01) I'm a human. We are fearful like we we do get scared. We we fear because it's a human human instinct. You can't die, kill it. >> But it is suppressed. We keep on adding layers and layers and layers over it so that it is somewhere in the back of the corner. When the thing actually comes up, you're not thinking about what can go wrong, but you're actually thinking on how to counter it. I'll give you an example.
(1:50:28) Okay, in one of the incidents >> happened when I was up there in the north. >> So, I was I ended up in a situation where my heart I could feel my heart pumping, >> right? I could feel I am with my team walking somewhere. >> I could feel my heart pumping. Something happened >> and I was stuck >> and I was new in that area.
(1:50:51) New walking with my team. I could hear my people calling on my radio up because we are stuck now. Anything can go wrong here. If I don't take a call, >> a normal call or a good call, they we may cost lives. Mhm. >> I could hear my heartbeat and the only thing which came to my mind was that I have to go back and see my family.
(1:51:12) I got scared. I I could hear people asking me but I was not able to take that call because that fear came up. Oh But now I was trained in a particular way that even if it comes up you think of something you have a hope. My only hope was that I need to go back and see my family. I want to see my mom. and to go back and eat food with her, see my mom, I have to handle this and then I pushed it back my fear shook myself and like come back to your senses and take a call.
(1:51:47) We took a call and all this happened in less than a minute. That is how my mind was trained and we all came back safe and even we had good fun but we all came back safe. It was a good adventure we had. >> See you talk about you've trained your mind. >> Yes. training your mind. How can somebody train their mind to achieve impossible? Let's uh talk about this in a like giving you examples would help you also understand what I want to say here is >> you have a goal you have an aim or you have aspirations all these are somewhat somewhere similar goals aims and
(1:52:24) aspirations if you don't fight for your goal >> if you don't you know have that struggle >> to be there where you wanted to be or have what you wanted to have you will never enjoy when the final moment comes. So training yourself in a particular way where you accept defeat, you accept the worst things can go wrong with you will help you sail through it easily.
(1:52:52) Uh particular life experience NDA I I'll share that experience. I was a I think I've studied in like public school and then went to NDA >> and I was shocked. I've never been in a boarding school before. And then I was I wanted to wear the uniform. >> That was my end goal. >> But my mind was not trained to accept the life changes which I was going through.
(1:53:16) >> What kept me alive or what made me go through that was my aim or the goal that I foresee myself in the uniform. If I have to give my blood and sweat today, I will give it because and every and I used to do it every night. before you know early morning when we used to go to washroom and shave ourselves I used to look in the mirror and see that child who thought of wearing that uniform and if I don't wear that uniform what will that child think of me oh you gave up so easily when life go hard upon you it went hard
(1:53:51) on you you just gave up you can't so that that that that gave me confidence that gave me support do it >> every day you would visualize yourself doing this Every day 3 years every day I've visualized myself. I've cried by myself alone looking myself in the mirror. I've cried why why did I take this call? Why am I not my friends on the outside world? They were sleep not sleeping but they were enjoying a normal life.
(1:54:19) They were able to go back to their families as kids. I'm saying what 16 17 year old child 17 year old child away from their family sleepless nights continuous training cut off from the world cut off from his friends and made to do rigorous training and who was never you know like raised in this environment how will he accept it and then you know like thinking about oh my friends they're going to college >> enjoying the life coming back learning good experiences outside world gives you a different exposure while I'm in this boundary wall. No, not
(1:54:53) able to sleep, not able to speak to my mother. Even to speak to my home, I had to stand in a queue of 100 people on that one Sunday. And when the time came when I got that phone in my hand, uh 2 minutes was all I could speak because there's another one who standing who wants to speak to his parents. So, you know, like these hardships were the reasons that were pulling me back.
(1:55:18) But uh you know like every day I used to see myself in a in the mirror or wherever not in the mirror actually in the laptop screen also we giving laptops uh in the NDA to study there's a study material set of study material we only see that >> so you know you turn off the screen on that black thing you can see your face I used to see that think of what decision I've taken >> but also think of what that child wanted to wear >> and for that child I fought all my wife M >> I've given my blood I given my sweat everything even not for me in fact all
(1:55:51) people all the military people who've gone through this they have all done that so that is how you train your mind you have if you have your goals and aspirations fixed >> yeah and you want to prove yourself wrong by not giving up you will not give up >> interesting was this the child that we're talking about >> yeah this is a child >> when you were this small you thought of >> yeah because you No uh I was born in sambar >> m >> and uh since my childhood even before that I was in army school >> the nearest school was army school my
(1:56:26) parents got me in the army school and I've since you know like much younger to this pre- nursery age I've seen the military people moving around uniform people so I always fight for this boy who's standing with his father looking at the camera with confidence >> and you know Like when my father looks at me right now, he's happy that what he wanted to do has done it.
(1:56:50) Since child, I've always dreamed of uniform. Uniform, uniform. >> Yeah. >> And I'm here. I'm always fighting for this child and I'm happy to see myself people. >> Will this child be proud of you? >> Yes, of course I am. I know that he's proud. >> You you changed your name. >> No, I did not change my name. It was a surname which was added.
(1:57:10) So, it was >> what what is that like it's everywhere that you change your name? So it was my name was Rishab Singh >> and the surname was not added. Sambiel Sambial is a community from Samba. Okay. >> So the community name was not added. So name is Rishab Singh. My name has not changed. The surname has added. So now the people have started speaking about that you've changed your name.
(1:57:29) I can't and I don't know. It's like since my childhood my name has been Rishab. >> Okay. >> Rishab is not Rishab is my name. Samuel is not my name. It's the community I belong to. >> You have an incredible bond with our president. Right. It's like a lot of people say mother son duo. You're like very close.
(1:57:49) You'd be seen taking you know putting an umbrella like do a bunch of things that you do like being very gentle to her and the bond is unreal. And you also tell that you guys are very close. What is this bond? How did you get so close? What happened? >> I don't know. I think this is uh how my mother raised me. I think because uh coming to Delhi when I uh I became the ADC to the president, I was selected as an ADC to the president.
(1:58:14) The first time I met the president, it felt like my mother is standing in front of me. It it had been like I left home in 2013 2014 I started with NDI. Since 2014, I've never lived with my mom. I always used to go back home for a couple of days, live with her and then again bye-bye for next six, seven months and then see her after six, seven months.
(1:58:37) But this was the actual time when I was spending my entire 3 years with the president. >> The nature she has was very homely and I I I just built a connection. I always looked her as my as the president of India of course but I always felt comfortable with her talking to her understanding what she thinks how she functions as a human being and the warmth which she showed upon us like to me and to all the ABCs it was wonderful and it used to make make me miss my mom so if you know like I'm I was walking the the picture with the umbrella along
(1:59:19) with the president >> so I was walking with the president it was started raining. I didn't do had it been my mother, I would have taken the umbrella and shown it to her. And nobody taught me that you also have to hold the umbrella or you also have to show it to her. It was just a natural instinct as I would do it for my mother.
(1:59:35) I just did it for her because she has given that comfort that you know like comfort space, comfortable space to me. It was all natural instinct. And the more time I spent with her, I used to look up to her. I used to adore her >> because I was spending more time with her than my mother. So I used to miss my mother.
(1:59:56) So I used to find somewhere she used to be soft on us. She used to teach us. Ma'am has taught us a lot lot of lessons. A all the ADCs who served the honorable president the current president in fact all the presidents but for the current president she has taught us a lot of things. M >> so I felt nice and it all came naturally like there was a lot of criticism that uniform people are holding umbrella but I I accept it but it was not a training thing or someone told me to do that or asked me hold that umbrella it just came I saw like my why should my mother get
(2:00:29) wet in the rain I just gave her a gave her an umbrella >> and then when you have such a good bond you're learning you're young why are you retiring Okay, you're so retiring. So I as a as a son in my family I have some responsibilities and uh I never thought of you know like how can a child who thought of wearing a uniform and you know uh who who always wanted to be at a place where people also look up to him and he also looks up to the to himself now has decided to leave the organization But who I have left this for the people
(2:01:15) who brought me into this life. I have a responsibility as a son. There are some commitments. There were some commitments and they still are. And I have to fulfill them. I had to take a call. I had to make a sacrifice. And what is the biggest sacrifice for your parents than anything else in this world? Had I like I was in a situation where I could take a decision for myself or for my parents.
(2:01:42) And I didn't I never thought of and I don't want to be a selfish man. I can't take that in my entire life. Oh, I should have done that. I'm here because of them. I'm here for them and for myself. And whatever I've chosen is for myself and for them. >> People might go sorry but people might go through >> different situations in life.
(2:02:06) And this was not my first instinct that I want to leave. I've I've given my 12 years of life as a child 16 years child till 30 years of like you know like almost 30 coming down to 30 I've given it all to the service of the country and I'm happy I'm proud but when if there are certain requirements at my front where I'm needed I can't run away just to be here I have to be responsible towards that also it was a harsh decision for But I had to take a call and I took a call.
(2:02:45) >> You know, in your service, one thing that you're known for is being a very classy man, right? A lot of people talk about it. A lot of people talk about the kind of characteristics you show, the way you hold yourself in front of the camera everywhere, right? the way you just are present.
(2:03:10) So I have a very simple question for all the young people who are watching this. How can a man carry himself with class? Nobody ever taught me how to carry myself. The only thing which I've done is is to look upon people, read about people, look upon people, see people doing things. And the only good thing I do is embibbe good qualities from people.
(2:03:40) Even when I speak to the I the first time I spoke to the president of India, the way she replied back, I liked it and I actually embibed it in my behavior to grow as a good human to learn good things and I always used to negate the negative. Every human has positive and negatives. What I found a fun in life was that I'll always take the positive things and try and embibe them.
(2:04:06) Even if I take for example I meet 10 people I'm taking 10 things and even if I'm able to embibe two it's an addition. So I think uh it also depends upon uh how you are you know like raised through that phase of life when you are actually your mind is actually working you're thinking about things >> it also depends upon that >> but I have not done nobody trained me to do that I mean like it's a it's a normal reply I would say nobody trained me to that army never trained me you have to be so carry yourself like that but yes basic inst uh instincts basic traits in
(2:04:44) me are because of the army the training which I have been through but if like for the people I would just want to tell them that you know like look upon everyone listen to everyone find out good things and bad things in everyone it would hardly take 30 minutes of your day and try and have one good quality from each and see yourself in 5 years you'll be a changed human being >> so let's let's make it easier for people >> tell me three characteristics which every young man should follow or which every young man should have or
(2:05:18) build themselves loyalty okay forge there's a term in army namak or nishan these three things everyone knows it I don't need to explain these namak nishan work for these nishan in the civil world outside the army can be nishan for your family Can be your community, can be the organization where you're currently working. Work for that.
(2:05:47) Think proudly. Think be proud. Be proud of what you do. Even if you fail, even if you do wrong things, accept that. It's you who have done it. Humans will do error. They will do mistakes. It's a life. It's how we humans are. We all do mistakes. We learn from our mistakes. And we need we do not repeat it. Best thing.
(2:06:10) And what is the personal cost that you have paid to become the ADC to the president? >> Personal cost. I think I've given my childhood. Yeah, I can say that. I don't know. So, uh I never Okay. I never knew that there's a there's something called as ADC to the I never wanted to be here. Uh I was I was in an exercise with some different country troops in India and when my co called up and that you've been shortlisted what do you want to do? So I my first answer was not yes that I want to go. My first answer was that I
(2:06:49) want to go here here and here but not here. My answer was no way Nikki I want to go here. But then I spoke to people got opinions and it will be a good learning. Everyone said you should try it out. So I spoke to my co I replied back the next day that I want to try it out. So he said that you can't try it out. Either you go or you don't go.
(2:07:09) If you fail it's going to be difficult for you. I'm going to be ruthless on you. I said I will go for it and I went for it. >> But has there been a sacrifice that you have done? >> Yes. >> Personally what? >> Uh I've not I'm not married. So there's a clause for the ADCs that they can't get married ADC to the present.
(2:07:30) they have to stay away from the family and I think this is the biggest sacrifice. So you don't have life outside. That's the cost you have paid. >> That the cost I've paid. Yes. While I was serving with the president, I can't go out as a normal human being and enjoy life. >> Do you Does it get lonely? >> No. >> Why? >> I actually in fact sometimes I I do get lonely but then I enjoy my loneliness.
(2:07:58) It gives me space and time to rethink about myself, >> my thought process, my good things, bad things. So yes, I do get lonely, but yes, I turn that loneliness into a positive thing. So I take that time. I like to be every day I need to be alone for at least an hour like every away from everyone.
(2:08:23) Anyone, nobody should be near me. I want that one hour space. I can do anything in that. Maybe don't do anything just sit but I need to be alone because it gives me that loneliness that emptiness give me the space >> to evaluate myself. >> Got it? >> That is my thinking so far. >> And here's the last question I ask almost everyone is what is one advice that nobody should follow? Like I have my favorite one which is one advice that nobody should follow is be practical. Don't be practical.
(2:08:57) Nobody, no one in life has ever achieved something significant by being practical. They've all been delusional. They all been dreamy. They all saw something which was not possible, which was not practical. And that's why they were able to achieve it. They were never practical in their lives. >> During my school days from army school, uh I always wanted to be a sports player.
(2:09:26) >> Okay. I I I used to love I wanted to be a footballer, play for the country, then switch to volleyball, play for the country. And people always told me, stop dreaming what you can't achieve. Everyone has said it to me, >> there's no future in sports, there are no future in physical things. You have to be in an engineer.
(2:09:50) do not you know like there's a term in why not the day I stop dreaming or the day I stop thinking of something which is beyond my capabilities I will not touch my limits how will I grow >> if I would have never thought of to be a good human >> I would never have been here I would have been the same I in one corner of uh you know like around my home with my family I would have never explored the world. I wanted to go out.
(2:10:27) I wanted to do something big. I wanted to be a good man. I am I love dreaming like you just said practical approach. I am I want to be delusional. I want to be a dreamy man because dreams help me explore my inner self. What I am? What can I do? Where is my full stop? >> You said you want to be a good man. What is the definition of a good man? >> Who makes himself happy? If you're happy from inside, whatever you're doing, if you're happy from inside, you're a good man.
(2:11:07) And I in this world in this in this world humans amongst the humans nobody would ever want to do something wrong. If they go in their own personal space and talk to themselves there will never be an idea do something wrong. That is that is authority. >> The situations force people >> Yeah. >> The situations around them force people to do wrong. Nobody wants to do wrong.
(2:11:39) >> The situations make you go wrong. >> Got it. Perfect. Thank you so much. >> Wonderful. >> Thank you for coming here. >> Hello. How are you? >> Very good. Nice to meet you, sir. >> Actually, social media there were a lot of recently there were a huge spike in of fake accounts. Not fake account I would say bought account 01 >> and about the account it's like 1 month old >> 2 months old maximum >> and all are talking negative things about me >> is it bothering you a lot >> we somehow managed to control then there
(2:12:13) was a sudden suddenly a post appeared on Reddit we are sorry sir Delhi police thank you for watching this episode till the end we would love to know what you liked or disliked about this episode and which guest you would like to see on the show, let us know in the comments. Your feedback help us improve and make every episode a little better.
(2:12:35) I'll see you next time. Until then, keep figuring out

No comments:

Post a Comment