Can We Choose Our Baby’s Intelligence, Gender & Future? The Truth About IVF | Telugu Podcast |
Author Name:Yint Talks
Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@yinttalks
Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-5ItDO9XyQ
Title: Can We Choose Our Baby’s Intelligence, Gender & Future? The Truth About IVF | Telugu Podcast |
Author Name: Yint Talks
Description: NEW EPISODE ALERT! : Can We Really Design Our Babies? 👶🧬
What if science could influence the way our babies look, behave, think or even develop?
From IVF and sperm donation to genetics, pregnancy myths and baby development, this episode of Yint Talks takes us into some of the most fascinating and controversial questions surrounding pregnancy, fertility and modern reproductive medicine.
We talk about what really happens inside the womb, whether babies can feel their mother’s stress, why fertility problems are increasing, how IVF works, the realities of sperm banks and — most importantly — how close are we to actually designing our own babies?
🧬 Can we design our babies?
🧠 Is a child’s intelligence genetic?
👶 Does a baby’s memory begin in the womb?
❤️ Can babies feel their mother’s stress?
🧪 Why are fertility issues increasing?
🏥 What is the failure rate of IVF?
💉 Is folic acid really essential during pregnancy?
🧬 What is the truth behind sperm donation and sperm banks?
We also discuss PMS and mood swings, pregnancy myths, exercise during pregnancy, postpartum depression, contraceptive pills, sex during pregnancy and periods, triplets, medical termination of pregnancy, and a memorable case from the doctor's experience.
This episode is a conversation about motherhood, fertility, science, genetics and the future of reproduction — and some of the answers may surprise you.
⏱️ TIMESTAMPS
00:00 – Promo
01:52 – PMS and Period Mood Swings
04:18 – Compression of the Digestive System During Pregnancy
06:02 – How to Balance Motherhood?
09:18 – Child Behaviour as They Grow
10:44 – How to Protect a Girl Child from Abuse?
12:44 – Does a Baby’s Memory Begin in the Womb?
14:56 – A Baby’s Day Inside the Womb
17:20 – Pregnancy Myths Everyone Believes
19:03 – Is Exercise Safe During Pregnancy?
21:07 – A Case She Could Never Forget
30:22 – Reasons for Not Getting Pregnant
31:46 – Is Folic Acid a Superfood During Pregnancy?
37:19 – Can Babies Feel Their Mother’s Stress?
38:52 – Postpartum Depression
41:48 – What Is the Failure Rate of IVF?
45:16 – Can Medical Termination of Pregnancy Cause Damage in Females?
47:21 – Is Intercourse Safe During Pregnancy?
48:33 – Is Sex Safe During Periods?
49:14 – How Rare Is It to Have Triplets?
50:48 – How to Use Contraceptive Pills?
52:33 – Why Is Sperm Donation and the Use of Sperm Banks Increasing?
54:26 – Why Are Fertility Issues Increasing?
55:18 – Can We Design Our Babies?
57:26 – Sperm Donation and the Business Behind It
59:23 – Is a Child’s Intelligence Genetic?
01:03:00 – Final Thoughts
🔥 IN THIS EPISODE
• Pregnancy myths vs reality
• What happens to the body during pregnancy
• A baby’s development inside the womb
• Baby memory and brain development
• Maternal stress and its impact on the baby
• Exercise during pregnancy
• Fertility problems and why they are increasing
• IVF and its failure rate
• Folic acid during pregnancy
• Postpartum depression
• Medical termination of pregnancy
• Sex during pregnancy and periods
• Contraceptive pills
• Multiple pregnancies and triplets
• Sperm donation and sperm banks
• The business behind sperm donation
• Genetics and intelligence
• The future of reproductive medicine
• And the biggest question: Can we really design our babies?
💬 If science gave you the option to genetically design your baby, would you do it?
Tell us your thoughts in the comments.
👍 Like | Share | Comment | Subscribe
🎥 Credits
🔸 Produced by: Tamada Media
🔸 Executive Producer: Anil Prattipati
🔸 Direction: Harish Sathu
🔸 Publicity designer : Akhil
🔸 Editor: Arun
🔸 DOPs: Raghava, Surya
🔔 Subscribe to Yint Talks for more conversations that explore the questions everyone is curious about but not everyone asks.
#YintTalks #NewEpisode #Pregnancy #IVF #Fertility #DesignerBabies #PregnancyMyths #WomensHealth #Motherhood #Genetics #SpermDonation #ReproductiveHealth #BabyDevelopment #PostpartumDepression #FertilityAwareness
Transcript:
(00:00) College students are coming and donating sperms to get their pocket money. >> So as a man, what can we do to comfort women while they are in their PMS? >> PMS. >> Those two are different things. >> Yes. Oh, are there people who call this a disease? No. >> A day in the life of a baby inside mother's womb. >> Most relaxed.
(00:24) So they usually sleep when we are active and up and down. What is the most serious case that you've dealt with? >> Fibroidctomy. Such a huge mass literally when I put my hand inside my hand is touching the patient to delineate what is there. It took at least 45 minutes for like every week she used to come to OPD. Husband won't come.
(00:48) He's like but I won't come. What will I do? >> So repetitive use of an IP. It's not a chocolate sperm donation 6T taller. Your husband is tall. Your husband is fair. They can have that kind of sperm. They're customizing their babies. customizing college students are coming and donating sperms today their pocket money we don't have a track of what you're
(01:33) doing how big is this business I don't I don't welcome to insi thank you thank you for the invite >> so basically and obstition gynecologist. I just want to ask all of those questions. She keeps irritating at me like this is that time of the month. So it'll be little tricky.
(02:20) So as a man what can we do to comfort women while they are in their PMS? >> PMS or periods >> those two are different things. >> Yes. >> PMS is premenstrual syndrome that is which starts before the menration. Oh >> periods is actual periods. actual mood swings like fluctuations start it'll continue throughout the period and once they get back to normal interesting no >> okay so what can we actually do to comfort them >> rather than calling it a disease main problem they're real real problems >> so they are all basically because of
(03:06) hormonal fluctuations. >> Yeah. >> So our time I think giving them comfort food or understanding what they need helping them in their activities I think that's more than enough to do >> and cravings. So giving them good food what whatever they craving for. >> Yeah. >> So yeah. >> Okay. >> That should be helpful.
(03:28) >> Not a disease. Who who are calling this a disease? I don't understand like are they people who call this a disease? people treat it as a disease income. >> Oh, unfortunately. >> So, it's not a disease or illness. It's just a natural cycle like >> right >> bodycess. So, don't touch this, don't do this. They're complaining that this is happening.
(03:57) >> Yeah. Seriously? Yes. Yes. Not exactly. pat like like in the friend circle or some places. Yes, I still see that or if I go to my village or my grandparents place >> it is continuing >> sadly during pregnancy intestine small intestine pancreas area like yeah in the pregnancy grows yes uh space the skin and organs have that limit and
(04:42) uterus obviously space occent meals instruction so that they don't have digestive issues or refluxes problems but I mean crazy like system but you have to still maintain it for four or five months and it's I think it's horrible that's why motherhood is divine yeah and I can't even imagine also so I I want to talk both as a doctor and
(05:30) as a mother >> please our time I don't think we really give importance to all Yeah. Okay. Gastritis people face people do understand that problems baby moments and all that will make you more happy and comforting. So I I don't think as a mother Yeah. I never felt >> Yeah. Yeah. >> Yeah. >> Interesting. evening. I I keep seeing um toddler moms um and they're so lost.
(06:23) one year time almost 10 12 years constant mother support father support like what makes you what makes you go through that all that stuff like almost 10 12 years of your life like I actual motherhood feeling can you say something firstly question one point I want to insist motherhood It's basically we have to learn how to balance it.
(06:57) >> So any kid >> Yeah. [snorts] >> Yeah. Yeah. So I think that feeling itself that you know emotional bonding itself will keep you up always >> and yeah you should learn how to balance things then only I think around you support system even if they like your husband or >> your parents or in-laws whoever support system women can achieve anything and we see nowadays women achieve anything >> of course of I think it should be like that >> balance.
(07:36) >> It's yeah it's more about balance confusion it's still there. >> I don't blame them as such but yeah I think learning to balance between profession and home and kids >> is very very important otherwise you will lose yourself emotionally rather than anything happening other than that. That will be the biggest problem.
(08:08) I think maybe the balancing husband got supportive bond maybe the balancing could be little and little easy. Can they really balance their time? Uh I think spacing is the most important thing like space between I mean time interval between two kids. The first kid should at least be going to school years at least gap they'll go to school they'll start their own life and important thing when they raising two kids in almost the similar age it's easier to raise them they will engage in their own
(08:51) activities. Okay. >> Again the gap age gap will be more so one person will be completely into their life and I think I I mean I personally feel this >> so at least three years of age. Okay. >> So you're a toddler. How old is your kid? >> My kid is two and a half years. >> Two and a half years. One kid. >> Yeah.
(09:21) child behavior how fast they learn and the state she's in. She's trying to copy things now. She's trying to copy all those things >> and how she's retaining all that memory. >> She's retaining everything. She's retaining and she's recolcting like like to make her sleep if I sing some she remembers the lyrics exactly. It's really nice for a baby and scientifically like to be precise almost 3 years to four years
(10:09) complete brain development. >> Yes. Because uh deformities or speech problems we ask them to rectify it before 5 years because neuroplasticity. So the brain adaptiveness is there. So location problem the other other part of the brain takes over >> we call it neuroplasticity. So problem it is better we rectify I mean we identify it early and rectify it before 5 years of age.
(10:33) >> Yeah. It gets tougher because the brain is completely developed like there are so many schoolgoing kids in this era of adulteration like complete adulteration milk adulteration meatlo every everywhere it is there so actual girl it's like from all these things and also it affects boys also I don't know can you please explain completely But fresh fruits, vegetables, I think we can do something better.
(11:15) >> Yeah. I think I don't think it can happen. >> So like back then when we were kids was a big thing. You put everybody stuck to TVs, phones, junk. Even my 2 and a half year old daughter knows what is pizza, what is burger. I don't give her all those but she knows that it's from the POS. >> Yeah. Yeah. Of course.
(11:42) >> So other kids are there. It's you have to make them understand what is good, what is bad and because they'll also feel inferior. So healthy habits make them play outside the house of phones, TVs. So seeing others other kids they will ask such questions it is important. It plays an important role. Yeah.
(12:25) once in a while because I think they will develop that craving kind of thing. So few few videos like maybe old Telu rhymes I don't keep all this cartoonish especially so like few songs or something like that. Yeah. Okay. Like pregnant times. around 20 weeks they can listen all the sounds from
(13:13) outside okay because I have seen my own daughter few songs which she heard which I heard when I was pregnant she could recognize I don't think long but yeah initial few months yes she was remembering the sounds. >> So that yeah it actually happens. >> Okay. >> But longterm I don't think they will remember but shortterm at least. Yes.
(13:46) >> So applying the same logic [snorts] wife and husband for example. So direct but mother stress hormones. So all those might impact the growth of the baby. >> Well stress hormones how does it affect baby? >> Same growth the blood flow which is going once in a while it is not a problem. People are undergoing chronic stress.
(14:24) We see in some families continuously even she's even if she's sick they she's asked to do the household work [snorts] they're still existing in the society. So chronic stress or chronic husband wife issues definitely the stress will be very high. Yeah >> that will definitely impact the growth of the baby inside.
(14:51) [laughter] So baby embryo entire baby formation can you explain like what does it go through and a day in the life of a baby inside mother's womb these are two separate questions >> yeah so first when the sperm and the egg meet fallopian tublo fertilize is iod formary >> that'll rapidly go cell under go cell division and the blastoyst form that is multiple cells in that goes and implants into the uterus.
(15:28) Time the embryo starts developing and slow like around by five fifth month all the organs would be maximum developed growth of the baby like weight length and all will increase >> a day in the life of a baby inside mother's womb >> most relaxed time >> so as a mother you want me to tell as a mother that is more easier Yeah. Yeah, please.
(15:59) >> So, yeah, night uh my baby's to sleep in the night luckily, but usually baby moments like when the mother is at rest or something when the mother is moving or doing the activities. So, they usually sleep when we are active. >> Okay. >> I used to see one typical behavior with my baby. She used to kick me.
(16:25) Oh, >> so maybe she's also interested in surgeries. I don't know. I'm just >> Yeah. >> Yeah. So, >> or maybe because I am happy, the baby's happy or I'm standing still for a long time. That also could be a reason >> they also have the sleep cycle. So, >> they sleep, they get up, they keep moving and restricted space.
(16:50) >> Sometimes they hit on the ribs also. [snorts] ribs. Yeah. The lower ribs. >> Wow. Yeah. The momental babysating completely. But if it is hiccups, it'll be up and down, up and down, up and down. Pregnancy that you feel so stupid. And it is still there in this presence society. Yeah. Like you stretches stretch your don't
(17:36) stretch your body >> and actually stretching pregnant women if they're comfortable. Why can't they? What is a restriction? Doctor don't do these kind of activities. It's fine and it's normal. Just stretching. It's just relaxing yourself. I think that should not be a problem. >> Yeah. hands and all those kind of things is still existing in the society and it's very silly of course.
(18:01) >> Yeah. Don't have intercourse during pregnancy. Spicy food. Spicy food on a regular basis. Definitely no because gastritis [clears throat] once in a while they also have cravings like biryani or something like during pregnancy that their entire large intestine, small intestine, pancreas area like Yeah. But as the pregnancy grows, yes, the skin and organs have that limited space and uterus obviously space occent
(18:54) meals instruction so that they don't have digestive issues or reflexes problems. So she's a some western country lady pregnancy she'll be doing some heavy weights and she's so joged very strong like is that true like no baby >> okay >> but they're used to all the workouts have constantly lifting weights until they can continue in the pregnancy.
(19:36) Definitely no >> because you don't know how your body adapts to it. So if you're continuing since long time, you can still continue that's not at all a problem. So mental calm down mainly for that. Okay. So basically pregnancy whatever form of exercise it is like walking or basic strength training that is to improve the cardiovascular strength of the mother recovery rate boundary post delivery.
(20:08) Oh >> fast recovery yes be it normal delivery or cesarian normal delivery. No, it is not like that. You have different reasons for doing a cesarian section like baby depending on the condition of the baby heart. So there are different reasons to do a cesarian section only. So I insist on doing exercise and when you your doctor gives you a
(20:52) restriction please do not do it amniotic fluid for them. Yeah, for some people we restrict physical activity but as such pregnancy is a very important thing complications and also the flip side annoying patient. So uh like what is the most serious case that you've dealt with and who are the most annoying patients like annoying questions >> in recent I think last week only 3 kg fibroid >> huh >> fibroid myomectomy Jason >> fibroid is a big uh
(21:36) >> big mass >> big mass >> growth benign growth it's not a cancerous thing from the uterus >> so first I have seen the scan report it is up to the ribs extending up to the ribs laparoscopy. So I have counled the patient you've taken a decision let's do an open surgery and for some time then this fibroid is up to the ribs almost in blind dissection I had to do it such a huge mass three k almost a
(22:22) baby size >> yeah So but luckily we could delineate everything and the most important thing is it is not cancerous first suspicion is it is it cancer because it's a young patient also 33 year old they want kids also so it was very challenging decision on table system because uterus will be in the lower pelvis. It was to delineate what is there. It
(23:08) took at least 45 minutes for me. Oh, how long did it go? >> It went up to 2 and a half hours. It was easy. >> Okay. I was like clueless. I usually prefer doing laparoscopy because recovery is good. Two three system any hyctomy like fibroid we do through that only but this case we didn't have space because it is all over the abdomen.
(23:43) >> It's all all occupied. fibroids was there but this is like 32 cm. This is the highest I think until from my >> education time till now >> this is the biggest case I have seen. >> Oh literally when I put my hand inside my hand is touching the patient. Oh watching all that blood and everything like first section my parents were like sitting literally outside my medical
(24:28) college because dead bodies all that they were very tensed what will I do normal I came walking I had my lunch like a slick why are you like this yeah I like it. I don't feel anything out of it. So, it's fine. >> Interesting. >> I feel strange. Never. Yeah. >> Like very initial times more often what we see is standing.
(25:05) Yeah. People who assisted some surgeries. M >> so annoying experiences in Japan like >> especially infertility patients >> and infertility you you not only have to deal with their physical issues you also have to deal with their emotional issues emotional issues already what is happening in their family background around >> you have to deal with all those when it comes to Yes.
(25:47) Yes. Again I had a patient as I think four years or 5 years back they have come to me for the first visit on ma I have seen evaluated for infertility further tests I have written then okay few I think again two years later >> they came to me while father got her to me father-in-law saga I'll call some 10 places she made her wrong. She has gone through a lot in those two years she's like completely drained for one kid they put so much effort fine but one simple thing which everybody missed she
(26:35) underwent almost some 20 ovelation inductions or 21 something like that in those two years tubes blocked. No, >> both the tubes were blocked. It was not evaluated in all those years and I don't I don't Hyderabad for sure. I don't know where all they need some local maybe also how will I know what doctors there.
(27:06) >> Yeah. So we'll do a laparoscopy and see because laparoscopy are we missing anything because this is the only thing which is not evaluated problem once for all let us evaluate we posted her for laparoscopy both the tubes were blocked completely end to end talk. But yeah, they agreed injections. Will she be able to deal with all the side effects and all? See, it is not
(27:51) like that. >> And when you are having a problem, you have to get treated for it. >> So finally, she underwent IVF. She delivered a healthy baby boy. Now they're all happy. Still still her mother had lot of questions. Yes. And they should also accept it is not the fault of only girl. >> Can be maybe the problem happen with the girl.
(28:24) >> But in there are people who think that boys are not a problem. So infertility almost 40% is male 40% is female. infertility >> of course >> and 20% is unexplained causes like everything will be normal and we don't know why are they not getting pregnant >> so it is a journey which has which has to happen together >> it is not like only one I in case like um I don't want to reveal the name I know I remember her name she she was 31 year old every week she used to come to OPD husband analysis how much I will give to
(29:03) her without knowing what is happening on the other side. >> Yeah. >> Husband won't come. He's like pregnant but I won't come. She used to come to every day. What will I do? I mean every week. Husband won't come. He's reluctant. I won't come. >> So I I think she still didn't. >> Of course. >> Yeah. >> Yeah. >> I said I told see both of you should come together.
(29:30) It's not you alone. So later on she stopped coming. I don't know how what is she facing or what happened to her. >> You know we get concerned about such patients. >> So really what what happened to them later on we really don't know but >> yeah like go back and think oh what happened to that patient and even >> patients think that doctors are commercial. It is not like that.
(30:03) We are very physically and emotionally connected. Especially us, we are connected to the baby, the mother, her journey throughout the 9 months. So, to not getting pregnant especially 20% of the cases. So why is that exactly? So first women infertility. [snorts] >> Yeah. >> Nowadays a major problem late marriages. Everybody wants to settle in career and marriages.
(30:48) Yeah. >> That was first major change which we have seen over years. Second thing women PCOD endometriosis inflammatory conditions are blocked tubes increase. >> Yeah. >> Smoking alcohol has become a habit nowadays >> like a general habit. So same again the problem to the women and men also spermity then sperm concentration problems increase I think >> coming to unexplained infertility but still they'll not be able to conceive so they will conceive. Some people even
(31:33) conceive naturally unexplained unfortunately but it might take some time. Yeah. exact cause we will not be able to identify that is why you call it unexplained. So pregnant mothers folic acid is something which helps a lot like what exactly folic acid and what are the other superfoods what pregnant >> so folic acid is a B vitamin >> uh it helps neural development of the baby help like to avoid all the spinal defects brain defects avoid folic acid should be taken prior to pregnancy start prior to Pregnancy whenever you're planning pregnancy 2 to
(32:15) 3 months because by the time pregnancy already one and a half to two months we do the test already the major development is done >> next we take for 1 month unsaid. So always preferably folic acid should be started before pregnancy at least two to three months when you're planning pregnancy >> and continue till third month and uh super foods how how you make your super plate I think it is a term >> so you should have all colors on your plate >> all colors >> all colors yes so carbohydrates is also necessary energy
(33:01) >> protein protein normal normal person I think 1 g per kg when you when it comes to pregnancy at least 1.2 to 20 to 25 grams of protein intake should increase in pregnancy per day. Then green leafy vegetables and fiber content because already pregnancy constipation issues fiber content has to increase and it also helps diabetes extra sugar then green leafy vegetables and all you to get the all the essential nutrients because baby development you need all the nutrients.
(33:40) So I think yeah I call it a super plate rather than superfoods >> and walnuts and all omega-3 fatty acids for the brain development. These are all regular you put nuts nuts people know what is nuts. >> So almonds and um a handful of almonds and omega-3 fatty acids it's >> needed in pregnancy. >> Healthy fats are an important thing I forgot.
(34:02) >> Yeah >> yeah healthy fats is also important. and butter and >> again in limited quantities. >> Yes. Yeah. Once in a while cravings so they can have biryani because it has carbs, it has chicken, it has protein, everything >> but don't take it very frequently and don't make it very spicy after that gastritis reflux all those problems would come once in a while cravings is fine sugar >> pregnancy is already diabetic you limit your sugars but I think you can make healthier forms of sugars >> you have all the recipes, healthy
(34:39) recipes like are there still people who are worried about the girl? >> I should admit yes. >> It is a very pitable situation >> and worrying about mother is a reason for but mother is not the reason. >> Yeah. The >> X and Y chromosomes are from the men. >> Yeah. So gender decide father chromosomes not the mother chromosomes >> still in the society women are getting blamed for this >> I don't know maybe zenz should do something >> about it
(35:24) >> yeah but still yeah recent I have seen dire they might not talk to us but type of conversations we see know so you don't even know the gender of the baby. PCP and DT in India is very strict that you should not know the gender of the baby. >> Ultimate thing is to have a healthy baby whatever it is nowadays girls are achieving what boys are achieving.
(35:50) No >> I don't know why still that exists. >> I think that should change >> because their thought process has to change. M >> yeah I can't just give them advices or something >> but what if it is a girl child what will happen >> so I think all the joy is lost and >> yeah pregnancy is a beautiful journey having a healthy baby equally >> so once you hold a baby you should have that joy and you should enjoy the moment attention 9 months I don't think it's the right thing for the mother also And even [clears throat]
(36:38) food they're still existing probably there. Yes. Maybe the parents are not but the grandparents might be >> mighting for it. >> I don't understand these systems. I really don't understand. So weird to me but yeah. So but I want to ask again for example
(37:23) stress hormones and mother is crying. Does a baby know that mother is crying or do babies cry inside the womb for any reason? Is this No, >> they don't know the emotions yet. So, >> yeah. And direct again direct. But again, stress >> whatever once. Yeah. Once in a while if this happens it's fine.
(37:50) Chronic stress again as I told you definitely it impact the baby's development and growth. So babys, it's a warning sign. Definitely you have to go see your gynecologist. >> Okay. >> Uh kicking and all these of course muscle development of the baby. >> So your hands and legs are moving inside
(38:35) activity they loosen the hiccups your diaphragmatic development. >> Yeah. >> So yeah. >> So usually it's like uh a 3 kilos to 5 kilos maj is is a healthy baby after the delivery. >> 2.5 to 3.5. >> Okay. So postpartum depression after undergoing a lot of pain and suffering. Is that true? Yes. Yes. Definitely. Yes.
(39:12) Depression can go depressed feel. You feel like crying energy, low mood and all those can happen. Yeah, >> it can go on extent that they have suicidal tendencies. >> They see it as an object which is causing the problem. It is not their problem. It is which is happening in their mind. So we can't blame them that they're doing it wantedly.
(39:51) No mother would do wanted harm baby person. Uh so more than anything if they're facing such issues it is a very good thing they don't talk about all these problems or maybe I don't know but it does exist only because your all your hormones have dropped drastically after pregnancy. So definitely but yeah how extreme is your postpartum depression is is >> important. Yeah.
(40:23) >> Seeking help is really really important which is missing in many people. >> Yeah. >> Yeah. Just out of the blue if a girl there is a very beautiful girl extreme gorgeous girl after she got pregnant all the stretch marks and everything is that one of the reason that they develop this postpartum depression also not exactly no that is something which is psychological which is more because of the hormones drop and all those. Yeah.
(41:02) They face all these issues. >> Mhm. >> Yeah. That is an entirely different entity. >> Okay. Like do do you think that actually happens few but we should be happy and all and get back to what you were before. to avoid. How can you avoid? It's a nature's beautiful thing. Your abdomen is stretching, your skin is stretching. So where will the baby grow? Yeah.
(41:42) Yeah. So test tube babies there is a a lot of sound like what exactly test IVF babies they used to call it test babies. IV IVF is a well heard word. So now people know failure rate it depends on lot of factors again all those factors play I don't I don't I don't wink whatever all those kind of stuff
(42:29) income no kids I'm so up for it very nice >> so it is your personal choice >> I'm just saying >> responsible good amount of population so it is fine >> fine yeah >> yeah it is totally your personal choice >> now we don't want kids what should we do >> tuberation and tuberation We don't do when they don't have a pregnancy.
(42:57) Maybe they use OCP pills or we give them safe for intercourse or atla but still again >> uh fail they get pregnant and all they come for MTPs. >> So it is much better. >> Yeah. So however condoms you use or barrier but sometimes >> you travel somewhere or your food habits change your workout schedule changed something has happened you still have a chance to get pregnant multiple they will not disclose this to the other
(43:48) doctor. Next time when they want an unmarried they go to another doctor they don't disclose about this. So three times you are not saving the doctor. You are causing harm to yourself. I have seen >> so multiple >> well educated >> both of them are working well. >> Yeah in good positions in their workplace. >> They know what it is.
(44:21) I have seen third time MTP fourth time MTP they they have come to me. >> Yeah. Then I had to do a suction evacuation because it was very late. >> They were telling we didn't disclose it to the doctor. I was like I don't know what >> maybe doctors multiple time whatever reason it is we always think about safety of the patient.
(44:48) >> Yeah. >> If you don't disclose such history and something else is happening in your body. >> Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Dangerous. >> You don't reveal the history. They come and blame us later. >> It is harmful for them also. >> Yeah. So multiple times like so whatever it is your body has undergone a pregnancy. >> Yeah.
(45:23) Let it be 2 months or whatever duration it is constant. I have seen people coming realizing they pregnant at 5 months, 6 months. Yeah. PC problems. I don't understand the baby's moving inside. >> Yeah. Yeah. >> Until you have missed a period. Okay. Very much. I agree. They're not understanding the pattern. But once your pregnancy crosses four months, >> you should not harm the baby because of your selfishness.
(46:02) >> 27 weeks, 28 weeks termination. Let it be whatever the personal reasons are. We are unmarried almost 6 months. Yeah. After 24 weeks, it was 22 20 weeks on MTP. good 24 weeks but anyways fifth month it is like a delivery only for the mother >> yeah it causes all the problems to the mother I think people is very surprising of course like three four months back
(46:47) Crazyately what we can do we can deliver the baby and give it to >> we don't know what intentions people have. M >> I'm not telling everybody has it but >> yeah so uh sex during pregnancy and like how long is the intercourse safe and is there any particular >> so up to 3 months we usually ask them to
(47:32) avoid because first months >> first three months >> okay >> mother will be very tired exhausted feel nausea wings all these things will be there and upon that cervix condition cervix short chances. We ask them to avoid interse but they have to adapt to comfortable position so that pressure won't be on the baby.
(48:01) >> But parents having intercourse babies will not know anything of course. Yeah. >> I'm clearing it this way. [laughter] Yeah. Baby [laughter] it is safe. No problem. >> Yeah. So sex having sex during the period will actually lessen the pain. Is that true? So when a person reaches uterus will be more relaxed
(48:48) comparatively. >> Yeah. Mild to to a mild extent people are having good amount of cramps or chronic pain or they're having some other condition and definitely not >> it's not going to help. Yeah. Yeah. Okay. Okay. So like triplets are born like how rare is that mood babies is what kind of >> so in this era of IVF impossible >> it is more possible okay >> so usual IVF they transfer two or three embryos >> because any successful pregnancy
(49:34) But two or three embryos they usually transfer transfer that is also an option like because triplets is risky for the mother also and preterm deliveries twins is still manageable >> to an extent but triplets because considering the case it starts affecting the mother like early because your uterus is overstretching and other complications like sudden bleeding.
(50:21) So yeahvical incompetence detach because it's over uterus is overstretched and three babies complications definitely are higher >> rights. So repetitive use of an IPIL um this contraception. So how can it imbalance the health? >> First of all I want to tell I pill is not a chocolate. >> Yeah. >> They don't even know emergency contraception within 72 hours when you're having intercourse you have to take
(51:05) >> once in a while it is fine. It is not a chocolate >> side effects. It is a hormonal pill. It's not a normal just a normal pain. Yeah. >> But how to use an IP? Emergency contraception once in a while. People are like taking it many times in a month also. So I think people should get the concept right of how to use an how many times you should use an
(51:54) you go you buy you take medical shop how many you taking it is over over the counter drug they'll give you aware of what you're doing and it is >> is clearly a hormonal pill and you have to be very much aware of what you are doing within 72 go consult a doctor. Is it a right time? Should we really have to take an Let's get to the last few questions.
(52:27) sperm like specific sperm like if the donor is from if the donor is an IT or graduate 6t taller like what's actually happening I think last week I think and joti or something I have read the same article also. >> Yeah. >> First of all sperm banking increase >> infertility increase >> male infertility 40%.
(53:11) Yeah, >> recent I think 3 days back or 4 days back young couple 30 husband is 34 years old the wife is 32 years old they came one month one and a half month investigation infertility married for 3 4 years oligo terano auspermia motility >> so what habits do you have He doesn't smoke. >> Yeah. >> Occasional alcohol. >> Yeah.
(53:44) >> What reason should I give them? >> Just a lifestyle. He's a chartered accountant by profession. Professional hazards. >> Yeah. >> What reason should I find in them? >> Yeah. >> So it's all basically they don't work out. >> They don't follow healthy diet. >> Yeah. >> In the normal rice and general south Indian stuff they have protein intake label.
(54:07) >> Everything matters. Yeah, >> at the end of the day for egg as well as sperm quality when our parents are there I think fertility they hardly saw fertility issues but every second patient is having PCO or having a fertility issue. >> Yeah. >> Why did all this happen? >> Where is a fault happening? Food, environmental pollution, habits, >> lot of things.
(54:35) Mobile >> lifestyle. Yeah. Scrolling is a habit. >> I have seen few Insta videos where the baby is too much scrolling. They went to show some psychiatrist or neur neurologist pediatric neurologist. There is no phone. Baby was just scrolling like this. Yes. It's really scary. What kind of society are we living in? And with having kids, >> it's really scary to see such things.
(55:06) Okay. uh that apart fertility the main thing is because the fertility has declined >> sperm banking has become a thing. >> So I sperm it is a social stigma having sperm from a donor. Yeah similar. So your husband is tall, your husband is fair or whatever complexion they have, your husband hair quality qualities, they can have that kind of sperm.
(55:46) >> This is how the criteria started. >> That is that is how it has evolved. >> Yeah. Yeah. They're customizing their babies like >> customizing wheels. See again I'm telling you they won't people will not know that it is every baby is differentale is fair.
(56:36) Yeah, >> that can be again genetics from the grandparents. Give you a similar features. Let it be sperm or ovary. I mean banking can be any side recently features how the wife is, how the husband is. Whichever thing we taking, they have made it into a business. Yeah, >> I think and >> how big is this business? >> How big numbers? But definitely >> mafia [laughter] mafia.
(57:16) >> So yeah because infertility is increased. So they have toide fertility issues in a parent is okay but what sperm donation only one time a person can do while even people are keen to do because they're getting money >> I have read in that article saying that college students are coming and donating sperms to get uh their pocket money is surprising how do they You donate here and you go to another place.
(57:53) We don't have a track of what you're doing. >> There are multiple IVF centers now, infertility centers because infertility is >> drastically increased. >> So these boys can randomly walk into IVF IVF centers and tell I can donate my sperm. >> Yeah, they can >> seriously >> probably the advertise or something. You put I have read in that article there are some in uh Instagram.
(58:18) No no no telegram groups and WhatsApp groups for this so that you can so you there is a way of marketing for everything so people are known getting to know about all this how do they get to know >> but they're getting to know somehow yeah >> but one thing people are not understanding is multiple times Yeah, >> multiple babies will be born.
(58:52) >> We don't know who gave the sperm. >> They might be related to you also. >> That one thing people should be really aware of >> when you're taking some donor sperm or whatever is such. So I think that is one thing which everybody should be aware of and taken care of. >> Actually child intelligence learn intellect are something which developed through ages.
(59:31) >> So genetic framing. Yeah definitely because some intelligence can come from the father some can come from the mother. That genetic thing will be there. But how are they adapting over time will depend on how you are grooming them. >> You can't raise your child according to what you want.
(59:52) You have to help them understand how to raise into a good society. This is one thing a parenting mistake. No, it's not like that. I think this thing was there but now we are encouraging other professions also. >> Yeah. >> So I think let them know what they can do what they want in life >> but put them in the right path >> that is how it should be.
(1:00:23) I have seen all my cousins. That's not how it is. You engage the child in your conversations. >> Keep them active. Keep them involved with you. But the reward see if it comes to my daughter also. I made her a habit sitting outside and eating toys. We had to feed her inside because there are a lot of mosquitoes.
(1:00:58) Example, I'm telling >> she wants it. She asks for it. How to mold it, how to change the thing is our responsibility. What is harming them? [laughter] Okay. >> Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Correct. >> So what I want to tell is give them the freedom. >> Yeah. >> To an extent for them to learn. >> Don't give them over freedom to learn everything at a tender age.
(1:01:37) >> They can see any kind of video. school individual phones. I still remember I had my first phone when I was in MBBS normal. [laughter] Okay, definitely it was like that >> but already they're in digital era. Don't Yeah, correct. innocence our childhood innocence both >> maybe tier two tier three vill situations I don't know because it's all
(1:02:21) concrete jungle >> maybe because it's still existing but >> a younger generation >> I think even the parents even though the parents are there are gener younger generation because people are working >> jobs and whatever businesses whatever they have most of them are living in cities you Hyderabad City High never seen kids playing outside like 10 to 15 years old but if I go to Malak city so my parents stay towards that other
(1:03:07) part of the city. Um >> but yeah even I live in Madur so I don't see it a bit okay but uh again if you're like in an individual house or apartments it is still happening parents are trying to keep up with the activities of the kids like the swimming because every community has a pool nowadays. So activities better.
(1:03:50) >> Yeah. >> But yeah, individual places it's still a doubt. >> Anyways, uh doctor, that's a wonderful conversation. Thank you so much for coming. >> Thank you. And I hope my information helps people. Yeah. >> Yeah.
Author Name:Yint Talks
Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@yinttalks
Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-5ItDO9XyQ
Title: Can We Choose Our Baby’s Intelligence, Gender & Future? The Truth About IVF | Telugu Podcast |
Author Name: Yint Talks
Description: NEW EPISODE ALERT! : Can We Really Design Our Babies? 👶🧬
What if science could influence the way our babies look, behave, think or even develop?
From IVF and sperm donation to genetics, pregnancy myths and baby development, this episode of Yint Talks takes us into some of the most fascinating and controversial questions surrounding pregnancy, fertility and modern reproductive medicine.
We talk about what really happens inside the womb, whether babies can feel their mother’s stress, why fertility problems are increasing, how IVF works, the realities of sperm banks and — most importantly — how close are we to actually designing our own babies?
🧬 Can we design our babies?
🧠 Is a child’s intelligence genetic?
👶 Does a baby’s memory begin in the womb?
❤️ Can babies feel their mother’s stress?
🧪 Why are fertility issues increasing?
🏥 What is the failure rate of IVF?
💉 Is folic acid really essential during pregnancy?
🧬 What is the truth behind sperm donation and sperm banks?
We also discuss PMS and mood swings, pregnancy myths, exercise during pregnancy, postpartum depression, contraceptive pills, sex during pregnancy and periods, triplets, medical termination of pregnancy, and a memorable case from the doctor's experience.
This episode is a conversation about motherhood, fertility, science, genetics and the future of reproduction — and some of the answers may surprise you.
⏱️ TIMESTAMPS
00:00 – Promo
01:52 – PMS and Period Mood Swings
04:18 – Compression of the Digestive System During Pregnancy
06:02 – How to Balance Motherhood?
09:18 – Child Behaviour as They Grow
10:44 – How to Protect a Girl Child from Abuse?
12:44 – Does a Baby’s Memory Begin in the Womb?
14:56 – A Baby’s Day Inside the Womb
17:20 – Pregnancy Myths Everyone Believes
19:03 – Is Exercise Safe During Pregnancy?
21:07 – A Case She Could Never Forget
30:22 – Reasons for Not Getting Pregnant
31:46 – Is Folic Acid a Superfood During Pregnancy?
37:19 – Can Babies Feel Their Mother’s Stress?
38:52 – Postpartum Depression
41:48 – What Is the Failure Rate of IVF?
45:16 – Can Medical Termination of Pregnancy Cause Damage in Females?
47:21 – Is Intercourse Safe During Pregnancy?
48:33 – Is Sex Safe During Periods?
49:14 – How Rare Is It to Have Triplets?
50:48 – How to Use Contraceptive Pills?
52:33 – Why Is Sperm Donation and the Use of Sperm Banks Increasing?
54:26 – Why Are Fertility Issues Increasing?
55:18 – Can We Design Our Babies?
57:26 – Sperm Donation and the Business Behind It
59:23 – Is a Child’s Intelligence Genetic?
01:03:00 – Final Thoughts
🔥 IN THIS EPISODE
• Pregnancy myths vs reality
• What happens to the body during pregnancy
• A baby’s development inside the womb
• Baby memory and brain development
• Maternal stress and its impact on the baby
• Exercise during pregnancy
• Fertility problems and why they are increasing
• IVF and its failure rate
• Folic acid during pregnancy
• Postpartum depression
• Medical termination of pregnancy
• Sex during pregnancy and periods
• Contraceptive pills
• Multiple pregnancies and triplets
• Sperm donation and sperm banks
• The business behind sperm donation
• Genetics and intelligence
• The future of reproductive medicine
• And the biggest question: Can we really design our babies?
💬 If science gave you the option to genetically design your baby, would you do it?
Tell us your thoughts in the comments.
👍 Like | Share | Comment | Subscribe
🎥 Credits
🔸 Produced by: Tamada Media
🔸 Executive Producer: Anil Prattipati
🔸 Direction: Harish Sathu
🔸 Publicity designer : Akhil
🔸 Editor: Arun
🔸 DOPs: Raghava, Surya
🔔 Subscribe to Yint Talks for more conversations that explore the questions everyone is curious about but not everyone asks.
#YintTalks #NewEpisode #Pregnancy #IVF #Fertility #DesignerBabies #PregnancyMyths #WomensHealth #Motherhood #Genetics #SpermDonation #ReproductiveHealth #BabyDevelopment #PostpartumDepression #FertilityAwareness
Transcript:
(00:00) College students are coming and donating sperms to get their pocket money. >> So as a man, what can we do to comfort women while they are in their PMS? >> PMS. >> Those two are different things. >> Yes. Oh, are there people who call this a disease? No. >> A day in the life of a baby inside mother's womb. >> Most relaxed.
(00:24) So they usually sleep when we are active and up and down. What is the most serious case that you've dealt with? >> Fibroidctomy. Such a huge mass literally when I put my hand inside my hand is touching the patient to delineate what is there. It took at least 45 minutes for like every week she used to come to OPD. Husband won't come.
(00:48) He's like but I won't come. What will I do? >> So repetitive use of an IP. It's not a chocolate sperm donation 6T taller. Your husband is tall. Your husband is fair. They can have that kind of sperm. They're customizing their babies. customizing college students are coming and donating sperms today their pocket money we don't have a track of what you're
(01:33) doing how big is this business I don't I don't welcome to insi thank you thank you for the invite >> so basically and obstition gynecologist. I just want to ask all of those questions. She keeps irritating at me like this is that time of the month. So it'll be little tricky.
(02:20) So as a man what can we do to comfort women while they are in their PMS? >> PMS or periods >> those two are different things. >> Yes. >> PMS is premenstrual syndrome that is which starts before the menration. Oh >> periods is actual periods. actual mood swings like fluctuations start it'll continue throughout the period and once they get back to normal interesting no >> okay so what can we actually do to comfort them >> rather than calling it a disease main problem they're real real problems >> so they are all basically because of
(03:06) hormonal fluctuations. >> Yeah. >> So our time I think giving them comfort food or understanding what they need helping them in their activities I think that's more than enough to do >> and cravings. So giving them good food what whatever they craving for. >> Yeah. >> So yeah. >> Okay. >> That should be helpful.
(03:28) >> Not a disease. Who who are calling this a disease? I don't understand like are they people who call this a disease? people treat it as a disease income. >> Oh, unfortunately. >> So, it's not a disease or illness. It's just a natural cycle like >> right >> bodycess. So, don't touch this, don't do this. They're complaining that this is happening.
(03:57) >> Yeah. Seriously? Yes. Yes. Not exactly. pat like like in the friend circle or some places. Yes, I still see that or if I go to my village or my grandparents place >> it is continuing >> sadly during pregnancy intestine small intestine pancreas area like yeah in the pregnancy grows yes uh space the skin and organs have that limit and
(04:42) uterus obviously space occent meals instruction so that they don't have digestive issues or refluxes problems but I mean crazy like system but you have to still maintain it for four or five months and it's I think it's horrible that's why motherhood is divine yeah and I can't even imagine also so I I want to talk both as a doctor and
(05:30) as a mother >> please our time I don't think we really give importance to all Yeah. Okay. Gastritis people face people do understand that problems baby moments and all that will make you more happy and comforting. So I I don't think as a mother Yeah. I never felt >> Yeah. Yeah. >> Yeah. >> Interesting. evening. I I keep seeing um toddler moms um and they're so lost.
(06:23) one year time almost 10 12 years constant mother support father support like what makes you what makes you go through that all that stuff like almost 10 12 years of your life like I actual motherhood feeling can you say something firstly question one point I want to insist motherhood It's basically we have to learn how to balance it.
(06:57) >> So any kid >> Yeah. [snorts] >> Yeah. Yeah. So I think that feeling itself that you know emotional bonding itself will keep you up always >> and yeah you should learn how to balance things then only I think around you support system even if they like your husband or >> your parents or in-laws whoever support system women can achieve anything and we see nowadays women achieve anything >> of course of I think it should be like that >> balance.
(07:36) >> It's yeah it's more about balance confusion it's still there. >> I don't blame them as such but yeah I think learning to balance between profession and home and kids >> is very very important otherwise you will lose yourself emotionally rather than anything happening other than that. That will be the biggest problem.
(08:08) I think maybe the balancing husband got supportive bond maybe the balancing could be little and little easy. Can they really balance their time? Uh I think spacing is the most important thing like space between I mean time interval between two kids. The first kid should at least be going to school years at least gap they'll go to school they'll start their own life and important thing when they raising two kids in almost the similar age it's easier to raise them they will engage in their own
(08:51) activities. Okay. >> Again the gap age gap will be more so one person will be completely into their life and I think I I mean I personally feel this >> so at least three years of age. Okay. >> So you're a toddler. How old is your kid? >> My kid is two and a half years. >> Two and a half years. One kid. >> Yeah.
(09:21) child behavior how fast they learn and the state she's in. She's trying to copy things now. She's trying to copy all those things >> and how she's retaining all that memory. >> She's retaining everything. She's retaining and she's recolcting like like to make her sleep if I sing some she remembers the lyrics exactly. It's really nice for a baby and scientifically like to be precise almost 3 years to four years
(10:09) complete brain development. >> Yes. Because uh deformities or speech problems we ask them to rectify it before 5 years because neuroplasticity. So the brain adaptiveness is there. So location problem the other other part of the brain takes over >> we call it neuroplasticity. So problem it is better we rectify I mean we identify it early and rectify it before 5 years of age.
(10:33) >> Yeah. It gets tougher because the brain is completely developed like there are so many schoolgoing kids in this era of adulteration like complete adulteration milk adulteration meatlo every everywhere it is there so actual girl it's like from all these things and also it affects boys also I don't know can you please explain completely But fresh fruits, vegetables, I think we can do something better.
(11:15) >> Yeah. I think I don't think it can happen. >> So like back then when we were kids was a big thing. You put everybody stuck to TVs, phones, junk. Even my 2 and a half year old daughter knows what is pizza, what is burger. I don't give her all those but she knows that it's from the POS. >> Yeah. Yeah. Of course.
(11:42) >> So other kids are there. It's you have to make them understand what is good, what is bad and because they'll also feel inferior. So healthy habits make them play outside the house of phones, TVs. So seeing others other kids they will ask such questions it is important. It plays an important role. Yeah.
(12:25) once in a while because I think they will develop that craving kind of thing. So few few videos like maybe old Telu rhymes I don't keep all this cartoonish especially so like few songs or something like that. Yeah. Okay. Like pregnant times. around 20 weeks they can listen all the sounds from
(13:13) outside okay because I have seen my own daughter few songs which she heard which I heard when I was pregnant she could recognize I don't think long but yeah initial few months yes she was remembering the sounds. >> So that yeah it actually happens. >> Okay. >> But longterm I don't think they will remember but shortterm at least. Yes.
(13:46) >> So applying the same logic [snorts] wife and husband for example. So direct but mother stress hormones. So all those might impact the growth of the baby. >> Well stress hormones how does it affect baby? >> Same growth the blood flow which is going once in a while it is not a problem. People are undergoing chronic stress.
(14:24) We see in some families continuously even she's even if she's sick they she's asked to do the household work [snorts] they're still existing in the society. So chronic stress or chronic husband wife issues definitely the stress will be very high. Yeah >> that will definitely impact the growth of the baby inside.
(14:51) [laughter] So baby embryo entire baby formation can you explain like what does it go through and a day in the life of a baby inside mother's womb these are two separate questions >> yeah so first when the sperm and the egg meet fallopian tublo fertilize is iod formary >> that'll rapidly go cell under go cell division and the blastoyst form that is multiple cells in that goes and implants into the uterus.
(15:28) Time the embryo starts developing and slow like around by five fifth month all the organs would be maximum developed growth of the baby like weight length and all will increase >> a day in the life of a baby inside mother's womb >> most relaxed time >> so as a mother you want me to tell as a mother that is more easier Yeah. Yeah, please.
(15:59) >> So, yeah, night uh my baby's to sleep in the night luckily, but usually baby moments like when the mother is at rest or something when the mother is moving or doing the activities. So, they usually sleep when we are active. >> Okay. >> I used to see one typical behavior with my baby. She used to kick me.
(16:25) Oh, >> so maybe she's also interested in surgeries. I don't know. I'm just >> Yeah. >> Yeah. So, >> or maybe because I am happy, the baby's happy or I'm standing still for a long time. That also could be a reason >> they also have the sleep cycle. So, >> they sleep, they get up, they keep moving and restricted space.
(16:50) >> Sometimes they hit on the ribs also. [snorts] ribs. Yeah. The lower ribs. >> Wow. Yeah. The momental babysating completely. But if it is hiccups, it'll be up and down, up and down, up and down. Pregnancy that you feel so stupid. And it is still there in this presence society. Yeah. Like you stretches stretch your don't
(17:36) stretch your body >> and actually stretching pregnant women if they're comfortable. Why can't they? What is a restriction? Doctor don't do these kind of activities. It's fine and it's normal. Just stretching. It's just relaxing yourself. I think that should not be a problem. >> Yeah. hands and all those kind of things is still existing in the society and it's very silly of course.
(18:01) >> Yeah. Don't have intercourse during pregnancy. Spicy food. Spicy food on a regular basis. Definitely no because gastritis [clears throat] once in a while they also have cravings like biryani or something like during pregnancy that their entire large intestine, small intestine, pancreas area like Yeah. But as the pregnancy grows, yes, the skin and organs have that limited space and uterus obviously space occent
(18:54) meals instruction so that they don't have digestive issues or reflexes problems. So she's a some western country lady pregnancy she'll be doing some heavy weights and she's so joged very strong like is that true like no baby >> okay >> but they're used to all the workouts have constantly lifting weights until they can continue in the pregnancy.
(19:36) Definitely no >> because you don't know how your body adapts to it. So if you're continuing since long time, you can still continue that's not at all a problem. So mental calm down mainly for that. Okay. So basically pregnancy whatever form of exercise it is like walking or basic strength training that is to improve the cardiovascular strength of the mother recovery rate boundary post delivery.
(20:08) Oh >> fast recovery yes be it normal delivery or cesarian normal delivery. No, it is not like that. You have different reasons for doing a cesarian section like baby depending on the condition of the baby heart. So there are different reasons to do a cesarian section only. So I insist on doing exercise and when you your doctor gives you a
(20:52) restriction please do not do it amniotic fluid for them. Yeah, for some people we restrict physical activity but as such pregnancy is a very important thing complications and also the flip side annoying patient. So uh like what is the most serious case that you've dealt with and who are the most annoying patients like annoying questions >> in recent I think last week only 3 kg fibroid >> huh >> fibroid myomectomy Jason >> fibroid is a big uh
(21:36) >> big mass >> big mass >> growth benign growth it's not a cancerous thing from the uterus >> so first I have seen the scan report it is up to the ribs extending up to the ribs laparoscopy. So I have counled the patient you've taken a decision let's do an open surgery and for some time then this fibroid is up to the ribs almost in blind dissection I had to do it such a huge mass three k almost a
(22:22) baby size >> yeah So but luckily we could delineate everything and the most important thing is it is not cancerous first suspicion is it is it cancer because it's a young patient also 33 year old they want kids also so it was very challenging decision on table system because uterus will be in the lower pelvis. It was to delineate what is there. It
(23:08) took at least 45 minutes for me. Oh, how long did it go? >> It went up to 2 and a half hours. It was easy. >> Okay. I was like clueless. I usually prefer doing laparoscopy because recovery is good. Two three system any hyctomy like fibroid we do through that only but this case we didn't have space because it is all over the abdomen.
(23:43) >> It's all all occupied. fibroids was there but this is like 32 cm. This is the highest I think until from my >> education time till now >> this is the biggest case I have seen. >> Oh literally when I put my hand inside my hand is touching the patient. Oh watching all that blood and everything like first section my parents were like sitting literally outside my medical
(24:28) college because dead bodies all that they were very tensed what will I do normal I came walking I had my lunch like a slick why are you like this yeah I like it. I don't feel anything out of it. So, it's fine. >> Interesting. >> I feel strange. Never. Yeah. >> Like very initial times more often what we see is standing.
(25:05) Yeah. People who assisted some surgeries. M >> so annoying experiences in Japan like >> especially infertility patients >> and infertility you you not only have to deal with their physical issues you also have to deal with their emotional issues emotional issues already what is happening in their family background around >> you have to deal with all those when it comes to Yes.
(25:47) Yes. Again I had a patient as I think four years or 5 years back they have come to me for the first visit on ma I have seen evaluated for infertility further tests I have written then okay few I think again two years later >> they came to me while father got her to me father-in-law saga I'll call some 10 places she made her wrong. She has gone through a lot in those two years she's like completely drained for one kid they put so much effort fine but one simple thing which everybody missed she
(26:35) underwent almost some 20 ovelation inductions or 21 something like that in those two years tubes blocked. No, >> both the tubes were blocked. It was not evaluated in all those years and I don't I don't Hyderabad for sure. I don't know where all they need some local maybe also how will I know what doctors there.
(27:06) >> Yeah. So we'll do a laparoscopy and see because laparoscopy are we missing anything because this is the only thing which is not evaluated problem once for all let us evaluate we posted her for laparoscopy both the tubes were blocked completely end to end talk. But yeah, they agreed injections. Will she be able to deal with all the side effects and all? See, it is not
(27:51) like that. >> And when you are having a problem, you have to get treated for it. >> So finally, she underwent IVF. She delivered a healthy baby boy. Now they're all happy. Still still her mother had lot of questions. Yes. And they should also accept it is not the fault of only girl. >> Can be maybe the problem happen with the girl.
(28:24) >> But in there are people who think that boys are not a problem. So infertility almost 40% is male 40% is female. infertility >> of course >> and 20% is unexplained causes like everything will be normal and we don't know why are they not getting pregnant >> so it is a journey which has which has to happen together >> it is not like only one I in case like um I don't want to reveal the name I know I remember her name she she was 31 year old every week she used to come to OPD husband analysis how much I will give to
(29:03) her without knowing what is happening on the other side. >> Yeah. >> Husband won't come. He's like pregnant but I won't come. She used to come to every day. What will I do? I mean every week. Husband won't come. He's reluctant. I won't come. >> So I I think she still didn't. >> Of course. >> Yeah. >> Yeah. >> I said I told see both of you should come together.
(29:30) It's not you alone. So later on she stopped coming. I don't know how what is she facing or what happened to her. >> You know we get concerned about such patients. >> So really what what happened to them later on we really don't know but >> yeah like go back and think oh what happened to that patient and even >> patients think that doctors are commercial. It is not like that.
(30:03) We are very physically and emotionally connected. Especially us, we are connected to the baby, the mother, her journey throughout the 9 months. So, to not getting pregnant especially 20% of the cases. So why is that exactly? So first women infertility. [snorts] >> Yeah. >> Nowadays a major problem late marriages. Everybody wants to settle in career and marriages.
(30:48) Yeah. >> That was first major change which we have seen over years. Second thing women PCOD endometriosis inflammatory conditions are blocked tubes increase. >> Yeah. >> Smoking alcohol has become a habit nowadays >> like a general habit. So same again the problem to the women and men also spermity then sperm concentration problems increase I think >> coming to unexplained infertility but still they'll not be able to conceive so they will conceive. Some people even
(31:33) conceive naturally unexplained unfortunately but it might take some time. Yeah. exact cause we will not be able to identify that is why you call it unexplained. So pregnant mothers folic acid is something which helps a lot like what exactly folic acid and what are the other superfoods what pregnant >> so folic acid is a B vitamin >> uh it helps neural development of the baby help like to avoid all the spinal defects brain defects avoid folic acid should be taken prior to pregnancy start prior to Pregnancy whenever you're planning pregnancy 2 to
(32:15) 3 months because by the time pregnancy already one and a half to two months we do the test already the major development is done >> next we take for 1 month unsaid. So always preferably folic acid should be started before pregnancy at least two to three months when you're planning pregnancy >> and continue till third month and uh super foods how how you make your super plate I think it is a term >> so you should have all colors on your plate >> all colors >> all colors yes so carbohydrates is also necessary energy
(33:01) >> protein protein normal normal person I think 1 g per kg when you when it comes to pregnancy at least 1.2 to 20 to 25 grams of protein intake should increase in pregnancy per day. Then green leafy vegetables and fiber content because already pregnancy constipation issues fiber content has to increase and it also helps diabetes extra sugar then green leafy vegetables and all you to get the all the essential nutrients because baby development you need all the nutrients.
(33:40) So I think yeah I call it a super plate rather than superfoods >> and walnuts and all omega-3 fatty acids for the brain development. These are all regular you put nuts nuts people know what is nuts. >> So almonds and um a handful of almonds and omega-3 fatty acids it's >> needed in pregnancy. >> Healthy fats are an important thing I forgot.
(34:02) >> Yeah >> yeah healthy fats is also important. and butter and >> again in limited quantities. >> Yes. Yeah. Once in a while cravings so they can have biryani because it has carbs, it has chicken, it has protein, everything >> but don't take it very frequently and don't make it very spicy after that gastritis reflux all those problems would come once in a while cravings is fine sugar >> pregnancy is already diabetic you limit your sugars but I think you can make healthier forms of sugars >> you have all the recipes, healthy
(34:39) recipes like are there still people who are worried about the girl? >> I should admit yes. >> It is a very pitable situation >> and worrying about mother is a reason for but mother is not the reason. >> Yeah. The >> X and Y chromosomes are from the men. >> Yeah. So gender decide father chromosomes not the mother chromosomes >> still in the society women are getting blamed for this >> I don't know maybe zenz should do something >> about it
(35:24) >> yeah but still yeah recent I have seen dire they might not talk to us but type of conversations we see know so you don't even know the gender of the baby. PCP and DT in India is very strict that you should not know the gender of the baby. >> Ultimate thing is to have a healthy baby whatever it is nowadays girls are achieving what boys are achieving.
(35:50) No >> I don't know why still that exists. >> I think that should change >> because their thought process has to change. M >> yeah I can't just give them advices or something >> but what if it is a girl child what will happen >> so I think all the joy is lost and >> yeah pregnancy is a beautiful journey having a healthy baby equally >> so once you hold a baby you should have that joy and you should enjoy the moment attention 9 months I don't think it's the right thing for the mother also And even [clears throat]
(36:38) food they're still existing probably there. Yes. Maybe the parents are not but the grandparents might be >> mighting for it. >> I don't understand these systems. I really don't understand. So weird to me but yeah. So but I want to ask again for example
(37:23) stress hormones and mother is crying. Does a baby know that mother is crying or do babies cry inside the womb for any reason? Is this No, >> they don't know the emotions yet. So, >> yeah. And direct again direct. But again, stress >> whatever once. Yeah. Once in a while if this happens it's fine.
(37:50) Chronic stress again as I told you definitely it impact the baby's development and growth. So babys, it's a warning sign. Definitely you have to go see your gynecologist. >> Okay. >> Uh kicking and all these of course muscle development of the baby. >> So your hands and legs are moving inside
(38:35) activity they loosen the hiccups your diaphragmatic development. >> Yeah. >> So yeah. >> So usually it's like uh a 3 kilos to 5 kilos maj is is a healthy baby after the delivery. >> 2.5 to 3.5. >> Okay. So postpartum depression after undergoing a lot of pain and suffering. Is that true? Yes. Yes. Definitely. Yes.
(39:12) Depression can go depressed feel. You feel like crying energy, low mood and all those can happen. Yeah, >> it can go on extent that they have suicidal tendencies. >> They see it as an object which is causing the problem. It is not their problem. It is which is happening in their mind. So we can't blame them that they're doing it wantedly.
(39:51) No mother would do wanted harm baby person. Uh so more than anything if they're facing such issues it is a very good thing they don't talk about all these problems or maybe I don't know but it does exist only because your all your hormones have dropped drastically after pregnancy. So definitely but yeah how extreme is your postpartum depression is is >> important. Yeah.
(40:23) >> Seeking help is really really important which is missing in many people. >> Yeah. >> Yeah. Just out of the blue if a girl there is a very beautiful girl extreme gorgeous girl after she got pregnant all the stretch marks and everything is that one of the reason that they develop this postpartum depression also not exactly no that is something which is psychological which is more because of the hormones drop and all those. Yeah.
(41:02) They face all these issues. >> Mhm. >> Yeah. That is an entirely different entity. >> Okay. Like do do you think that actually happens few but we should be happy and all and get back to what you were before. to avoid. How can you avoid? It's a nature's beautiful thing. Your abdomen is stretching, your skin is stretching. So where will the baby grow? Yeah.
(41:42) Yeah. So test tube babies there is a a lot of sound like what exactly test IVF babies they used to call it test babies. IV IVF is a well heard word. So now people know failure rate it depends on lot of factors again all those factors play I don't I don't I don't wink whatever all those kind of stuff
(42:29) income no kids I'm so up for it very nice >> so it is your personal choice >> I'm just saying >> responsible good amount of population so it is fine >> fine yeah >> yeah it is totally your personal choice >> now we don't want kids what should we do >> tuberation and tuberation We don't do when they don't have a pregnancy.
(42:57) Maybe they use OCP pills or we give them safe for intercourse or atla but still again >> uh fail they get pregnant and all they come for MTPs. >> So it is much better. >> Yeah. So however condoms you use or barrier but sometimes >> you travel somewhere or your food habits change your workout schedule changed something has happened you still have a chance to get pregnant multiple they will not disclose this to the other
(43:48) doctor. Next time when they want an unmarried they go to another doctor they don't disclose about this. So three times you are not saving the doctor. You are causing harm to yourself. I have seen >> so multiple >> well educated >> both of them are working well. >> Yeah in good positions in their workplace. >> They know what it is.
(44:21) I have seen third time MTP fourth time MTP they they have come to me. >> Yeah. Then I had to do a suction evacuation because it was very late. >> They were telling we didn't disclose it to the doctor. I was like I don't know what >> maybe doctors multiple time whatever reason it is we always think about safety of the patient.
(44:48) >> Yeah. >> If you don't disclose such history and something else is happening in your body. >> Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Dangerous. >> You don't reveal the history. They come and blame us later. >> It is harmful for them also. >> Yeah. So multiple times like so whatever it is your body has undergone a pregnancy. >> Yeah.
(45:23) Let it be 2 months or whatever duration it is constant. I have seen people coming realizing they pregnant at 5 months, 6 months. Yeah. PC problems. I don't understand the baby's moving inside. >> Yeah. Yeah. >> Until you have missed a period. Okay. Very much. I agree. They're not understanding the pattern. But once your pregnancy crosses four months, >> you should not harm the baby because of your selfishness.
(46:02) >> 27 weeks, 28 weeks termination. Let it be whatever the personal reasons are. We are unmarried almost 6 months. Yeah. After 24 weeks, it was 22 20 weeks on MTP. good 24 weeks but anyways fifth month it is like a delivery only for the mother >> yeah it causes all the problems to the mother I think people is very surprising of course like three four months back
(46:47) Crazyately what we can do we can deliver the baby and give it to >> we don't know what intentions people have. M >> I'm not telling everybody has it but >> yeah so uh sex during pregnancy and like how long is the intercourse safe and is there any particular >> so up to 3 months we usually ask them to
(47:32) avoid because first months >> first three months >> okay >> mother will be very tired exhausted feel nausea wings all these things will be there and upon that cervix condition cervix short chances. We ask them to avoid interse but they have to adapt to comfortable position so that pressure won't be on the baby.
(48:01) >> But parents having intercourse babies will not know anything of course. Yeah. >> I'm clearing it this way. [laughter] Yeah. Baby [laughter] it is safe. No problem. >> Yeah. So sex having sex during the period will actually lessen the pain. Is that true? So when a person reaches uterus will be more relaxed
(48:48) comparatively. >> Yeah. Mild to to a mild extent people are having good amount of cramps or chronic pain or they're having some other condition and definitely not >> it's not going to help. Yeah. Yeah. Okay. Okay. So like triplets are born like how rare is that mood babies is what kind of >> so in this era of IVF impossible >> it is more possible okay >> so usual IVF they transfer two or three embryos >> because any successful pregnancy
(49:34) But two or three embryos they usually transfer transfer that is also an option like because triplets is risky for the mother also and preterm deliveries twins is still manageable >> to an extent but triplets because considering the case it starts affecting the mother like early because your uterus is overstretching and other complications like sudden bleeding.
(50:21) So yeahvical incompetence detach because it's over uterus is overstretched and three babies complications definitely are higher >> rights. So repetitive use of an IPIL um this contraception. So how can it imbalance the health? >> First of all I want to tell I pill is not a chocolate. >> Yeah. >> They don't even know emergency contraception within 72 hours when you're having intercourse you have to take
(51:05) >> once in a while it is fine. It is not a chocolate >> side effects. It is a hormonal pill. It's not a normal just a normal pain. Yeah. >> But how to use an IP? Emergency contraception once in a while. People are like taking it many times in a month also. So I think people should get the concept right of how to use an how many times you should use an
(51:54) you go you buy you take medical shop how many you taking it is over over the counter drug they'll give you aware of what you're doing and it is >> is clearly a hormonal pill and you have to be very much aware of what you are doing within 72 go consult a doctor. Is it a right time? Should we really have to take an Let's get to the last few questions.
(52:27) sperm like specific sperm like if the donor is from if the donor is an IT or graduate 6t taller like what's actually happening I think last week I think and joti or something I have read the same article also. >> Yeah. >> First of all sperm banking increase >> infertility increase >> male infertility 40%.
(53:11) Yeah, >> recent I think 3 days back or 4 days back young couple 30 husband is 34 years old the wife is 32 years old they came one month one and a half month investigation infertility married for 3 4 years oligo terano auspermia motility >> so what habits do you have He doesn't smoke. >> Yeah. >> Occasional alcohol. >> Yeah.
(53:44) >> What reason should I give them? >> Just a lifestyle. He's a chartered accountant by profession. Professional hazards. >> Yeah. >> What reason should I find in them? >> Yeah. >> So it's all basically they don't work out. >> They don't follow healthy diet. >> Yeah. >> In the normal rice and general south Indian stuff they have protein intake label.
(54:07) >> Everything matters. Yeah, >> at the end of the day for egg as well as sperm quality when our parents are there I think fertility they hardly saw fertility issues but every second patient is having PCO or having a fertility issue. >> Yeah. >> Why did all this happen? >> Where is a fault happening? Food, environmental pollution, habits, >> lot of things.
(54:35) Mobile >> lifestyle. Yeah. Scrolling is a habit. >> I have seen few Insta videos where the baby is too much scrolling. They went to show some psychiatrist or neur neurologist pediatric neurologist. There is no phone. Baby was just scrolling like this. Yes. It's really scary. What kind of society are we living in? And with having kids, >> it's really scary to see such things.
(55:06) Okay. uh that apart fertility the main thing is because the fertility has declined >> sperm banking has become a thing. >> So I sperm it is a social stigma having sperm from a donor. Yeah similar. So your husband is tall, your husband is fair or whatever complexion they have, your husband hair quality qualities, they can have that kind of sperm.
(55:46) >> This is how the criteria started. >> That is that is how it has evolved. >> Yeah. Yeah. They're customizing their babies like >> customizing wheels. See again I'm telling you they won't people will not know that it is every baby is differentale is fair.
(56:36) Yeah, >> that can be again genetics from the grandparents. Give you a similar features. Let it be sperm or ovary. I mean banking can be any side recently features how the wife is, how the husband is. Whichever thing we taking, they have made it into a business. Yeah, >> I think and >> how big is this business? >> How big numbers? But definitely >> mafia [laughter] mafia.
(57:16) >> So yeah because infertility is increased. So they have toide fertility issues in a parent is okay but what sperm donation only one time a person can do while even people are keen to do because they're getting money >> I have read in that article saying that college students are coming and donating sperms to get uh their pocket money is surprising how do they You donate here and you go to another place.
(57:53) We don't have a track of what you're doing. >> There are multiple IVF centers now, infertility centers because infertility is >> drastically increased. >> So these boys can randomly walk into IVF IVF centers and tell I can donate my sperm. >> Yeah, they can >> seriously >> probably the advertise or something. You put I have read in that article there are some in uh Instagram.
(58:18) No no no telegram groups and WhatsApp groups for this so that you can so you there is a way of marketing for everything so people are known getting to know about all this how do they get to know >> but they're getting to know somehow yeah >> but one thing people are not understanding is multiple times Yeah, >> multiple babies will be born.
(58:52) >> We don't know who gave the sperm. >> They might be related to you also. >> That one thing people should be really aware of >> when you're taking some donor sperm or whatever is such. So I think that is one thing which everybody should be aware of and taken care of. >> Actually child intelligence learn intellect are something which developed through ages.
(59:31) >> So genetic framing. Yeah definitely because some intelligence can come from the father some can come from the mother. That genetic thing will be there. But how are they adapting over time will depend on how you are grooming them. >> You can't raise your child according to what you want.
(59:52) You have to help them understand how to raise into a good society. This is one thing a parenting mistake. No, it's not like that. I think this thing was there but now we are encouraging other professions also. >> Yeah. >> So I think let them know what they can do what they want in life >> but put them in the right path >> that is how it should be.
(1:00:23) I have seen all my cousins. That's not how it is. You engage the child in your conversations. >> Keep them active. Keep them involved with you. But the reward see if it comes to my daughter also. I made her a habit sitting outside and eating toys. We had to feed her inside because there are a lot of mosquitoes.
(1:00:58) Example, I'm telling >> she wants it. She asks for it. How to mold it, how to change the thing is our responsibility. What is harming them? [laughter] Okay. >> Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Correct. >> So what I want to tell is give them the freedom. >> Yeah. >> To an extent for them to learn. >> Don't give them over freedom to learn everything at a tender age.
(1:01:37) >> They can see any kind of video. school individual phones. I still remember I had my first phone when I was in MBBS normal. [laughter] Okay, definitely it was like that >> but already they're in digital era. Don't Yeah, correct. innocence our childhood innocence both >> maybe tier two tier three vill situations I don't know because it's all
(1:02:21) concrete jungle >> maybe because it's still existing but >> a younger generation >> I think even the parents even though the parents are there are gener younger generation because people are working >> jobs and whatever businesses whatever they have most of them are living in cities you Hyderabad City High never seen kids playing outside like 10 to 15 years old but if I go to Malak city so my parents stay towards that other
(1:03:07) part of the city. Um >> but yeah even I live in Madur so I don't see it a bit okay but uh again if you're like in an individual house or apartments it is still happening parents are trying to keep up with the activities of the kids like the swimming because every community has a pool nowadays. So activities better.
(1:03:50) >> Yeah. >> But yeah, individual places it's still a doubt. >> Anyways, uh doctor, that's a wonderful conversation. Thank you so much for coming. >> Thank you. And I hope my information helps people. Yeah. >> Yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment