Toxic Films Are Setting A Bad Example! @SohaAliKhanP
Author Name:Soha Ali Khan
Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@SohaAliKhanP
Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZhw4XqRpRI
Title: Toxic Films Are Setting A Bad Example! @SohaAliKhanP
Author Name: Soha Ali Khan
Description: “I want every girl to date a toxic guy.” — Seema Anand
Sounds controversial? Maybe. But the real conversation is about why so many women are taught to find toxicity attractive in the first place.
Bollywood and popular culture have romanticised the “bad boy” powerful, distant, emotionally unavailable, tough on the outside but soft only for her. And when these stories end with the woman saying, “I accept you just the way you are,” that’s where the problem really begins.Because you can show toxic relationships on screen. But we also need to question the message we’re left with: that love will eventually fix the toxicity.
In this conversation, Seema Anand unpack how popular culture shapes our ideas of attraction, love, relationships and sexual intimacy.The full episode is LIVE on All About Her. 💙
#AllAboutHer #SeemaAnand #SohaAliKhan #SexualIntimacy #Relationships
Transcript:
(00:00) These sort of films, which have an element of male toxicity, they do very well. Why is that? >> That's the narrative that's been fed to us. It's the narrative that sounds easier. [music] I sometimes have women my age saying, "Oh, no, but I like the bad boy." >> It's because popular media has romanticized the idea of what the bad boy is supposed to be.
(00:18) >> It's this impossibly powerful, strong, really soft on the inside, hard on the outside kind of guy. Everybody respects, and although he's so distant from everybody else, he really loves you to be You know that >> whole crap. >> Yes. I always say that every girl should >> [music] >> date a toxic guy for a couple of months and get it out of her system.
(00:38) To understand that that's not what you want. >> Right. >> Problem for me with these films >> is not that they're showing somebody who's toxic, but how they [music] end. With the woman saying, "Okay, fine. I'll accept you the way you are." >> Right. >> And I think that's where the real problem is.
(00:53) Because [clears throat] you can show as much toxicity as you want. Nobody [music] should go back thinking it'll end in that way. Because that's where the real problem for me is. >> Right.
Author Name:Soha Ali Khan
Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@SohaAliKhanP
Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZhw4XqRpRI
Title: Toxic Films Are Setting A Bad Example! @SohaAliKhanP
Author Name: Soha Ali Khan
Description: “I want every girl to date a toxic guy.” — Seema Anand
Sounds controversial? Maybe. But the real conversation is about why so many women are taught to find toxicity attractive in the first place.
Bollywood and popular culture have romanticised the “bad boy” powerful, distant, emotionally unavailable, tough on the outside but soft only for her. And when these stories end with the woman saying, “I accept you just the way you are,” that’s where the problem really begins.Because you can show toxic relationships on screen. But we also need to question the message we’re left with: that love will eventually fix the toxicity.
In this conversation, Seema Anand unpack how popular culture shapes our ideas of attraction, love, relationships and sexual intimacy.The full episode is LIVE on All About Her. 💙
#AllAboutHer #SeemaAnand #SohaAliKhan #SexualIntimacy #Relationships
Transcript:
(00:00) These sort of films, which have an element of male toxicity, they do very well. Why is that? >> That's the narrative that's been fed to us. It's the narrative that sounds easier. [music] I sometimes have women my age saying, "Oh, no, but I like the bad boy." >> It's because popular media has romanticized the idea of what the bad boy is supposed to be.
(00:18) >> It's this impossibly powerful, strong, really soft on the inside, hard on the outside kind of guy. Everybody respects, and although he's so distant from everybody else, he really loves you to be You know that >> whole crap. >> Yes. I always say that every girl should >> [music] >> date a toxic guy for a couple of months and get it out of her system.
(00:38) To understand that that's not what you want. >> Right. >> Problem for me with these films >> is not that they're showing somebody who's toxic, but how they [music] end. With the woman saying, "Okay, fine. I'll accept you the way you are." >> Right. >> And I think that's where the real problem is.
(00:53) Because [clears throat] you can show as much toxicity as you want. Nobody [music] should go back thinking it'll end in that way. Because that's where the real problem for me is. >> Right.
No comments:
Post a Comment