Monday, July 27, 2026

The Big Protein Lie (What They Don't Tell You) Dr. B M Hegde

The Big Protein Lie (What They Don't Tell You) Dr. B M Hegde

Author Name:Dr. B M Hegde Fans Club

Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@bmhegdefansclub

Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5EYpXv9Gn4



Transcript:
(00:01) So, now I come to fish and health. Now, you may think fish is good for health. It's sold in the market. I told you first the fish net hypothesis. So, you sell fish. Not all fish is good for health. Not all fish contains omega-3 acid. Actually, omega-3 is seen in cold water fishes somewhere. And omega-3 is not good for health.
(00:18) That's a different story altogether. Omega has had its time. Now, some other omega has come. So, omega has gone. And so many things come and go. It's like a wheel. But, fish is good for keeping the poor people who are not having any free protein at all. So, the quality of protein and things like that does not matter.
(00:35) This is the biggest section of this world. 2/3 of the world suffers from a disease called poverty. Did you get You have not heard of a disease called poverty, no? You heard cancer, you knew. Heart attack, you knew. No, biggest disease is poverty because poverty is the mother of all diseases. Poverty is the womb of every single disease from common cold to cancer because poverty depletes your immune system.
(00:55) And immune system is the one which keeps you healthy. So, poverty is somewhere where fish has a very big role to play. Nobody bothers about poverty. Not only here, in the whole world. I'll give you an example. India has about, say, why India? Whole world has about 39 million AIDS patients. A I D S. You all heard that? Everybody knows about AIDS because there is a There is a concerted effort to sell AIDS because AIDS has got treatment which that company will make money.
(01:21) And that company is funding for research so-called research. And you get the papers on AIDS. But, India has 67 million people suffering from nights. Have you heard of that? You have not heard of that because there is nobody selling nights. It's nutritional immune deficiency syndrome. And this kills thousands of children every day in India. Every day in India.
(01:39) How many million? 67 million. The whole of sub-Saharan Africa has 40 million. India has 67 million. But, even the Prime Minister doesn't know that is what is called nights. The health minister doesn't know what is nights. Nobody is interested. You have heart day, diabetes day, kidney day, head day, leg day.
(01:56) I said, let us have a hungry mouths day. Think of those mouths which don't get food one day one day once a week. I wrote to the health minister, I wrote to the prime minister, nobody think. I wrote a paper paper in the Hindu hungry mouths day. Why not have that? At least that day you think of them do something for them. So your fish has a very big role there.
(02:11) But what fish? If I go to for a mackerel now in the market, 1 kilo is 200 rupees. Pomfret is 800 rupees. Now can that poor hungry mouths eat that? No. But we have some small fishes which are not caught in the fish net. Not in science, they're unscientific fishes. You have seen that in the olden days whenever the child you go out give one quarter anna, you get this much of that.
(02:32) All small fishes put together which is otherwise thrown. Today probably eat fish you have a fish menu people can eat that. That's first class protein. Animal protein. Of course you don't have to get protein from animals. A lot of people think if you don't eat animals and fish you don't survive. Such people I tell them I can't argue with them because arguing is a waste of time.
(02:47) I tell them you come to my place. I'll show you a nice elephant. You have you eat meat now you fight you fight with that elephant which doesn't eat meat at all. And if you win then I will say meat is needed. If you lose then my old hypothesis that the protein in vegetables is much better quality and more useful for the human body and that's healthier and you get less disease because less protein you eat longer you have a healthy kidney.
(03:10) You eat lot of protein by the time you are a 45 you go to the doctor say your creatinine is 1.2. I will do that and after that he'll say I'll do dialysis. After that he'll say I'll give you a new kidney. Why stress your kidney? You don't require that. Biochemistry professor in Yale did a study of students who followed the Glad Gladstone.
(03:27) Gladstone was a famous prime minister of England who is right on everything. He wrote on chewing. He wrote a book. If you chew every morsel 200 times you'll be healthy. So there were some students in the dorms they're all crazy guys. So a few of them started chewing 200 times. And if you chew 200 times you can hardly get about 5 grams of protein in the whole day even if you sit the whole day and chew.
(03:45) But he observed them for 4 years in the medical school and he found at the end they were healthier than the people eating the conventional diet of 1 gram per kilogram body weight of protein in the Second World War Nazi secret. And then he said low protein diet is good. So, fish is needed for saving these 67 million patients from suffering from night.
(04:05) So, you people must do a movement. P.C. Thomas's name. P.C. Thomas movement for saving the hungry mouths through fish. So, instead of saying fish for health, you say fish for survival. These people can't survive. They have nothing. And you can at least do something. And why are we not worrying about them? Because they don't get us money.
(04:23) Why is not hungry mouths day taken up? There's no sponsor. Heart today is taken up because all heart fellows, the heart hospitals, they say sponsor free run from Shivaprakash from Fisheries College to this Jyoti Circle for heart. Who told you running from Jyoti Circle to Fisheries College will keep you ever going here? Nothing.
(04:41) But there is a sponsor, they'll give money. Supposing I say tomorrow, I'll declare P.C. Thomas Day for hungry mouths. Except P.C. Thomas, nobody will sponsor it. There is no industry behind it. This is why nobody bothers about the disease called night. Everybody bothers about AIDS because the NIH budget for 1 year of AIDS research is 8 billion dollars.
(04:59) Cancer research is over 2 billion dollars. Can you believe that? So, anybody who calls himself an AIDS researcher, he gets a very big thing. He says, "I'm an AIDS researcher. I'm in the NIH doing research on AIDS." Nobody will do research on hunger, poverty, because it doesn't pay. So, the science is not science, but materialism.
(05:16) It's all ultimately materialism. Grant getting, paper writing, citation index. And go for what? Getting more grants. And they say a peer review. What is peer review? I asked the Editors Guild in Vancouver. I said, "What are you talking about peer review? Your peer knows only what What is known.
(05:31) " And repeating what is known is not progress. Karl Popper said, "Knowledge advances not by repeating known things, but by refuting false dogma." I'll give you an example. Ptolemy in the 2nd century AD said, "The Earth goes round the sun The sun goes round the Earth." The geocentric concept. For 500 years, every professor with PhD taught sun goes round the Earth.
(05:48) Then Copernicus came in the 7th century in Greece, not Greece actually, it's Polish, in Poland. And Copernicus said, "Earth goes round the sun." The heliocentric concept. See, knowledge moved there. Come to medicine. 127 AD, Galen said, "Liver pumps blood." For 1,500 years we taught in the medical college liver pumps blood.
(06:06) PhD thesis written liver pumping blood. Then 15th 1528, William Harvey said, "Heart pumps blood." And today also we say heart pumps blood. 15 years ago I wrote an article, "Does the heart pump blood?" No takers. Heart is a 300 g muscular structure. If it is a pump blood with this with this strength, how much blood blood vessels you got? If you're about 60 kilos, you got 5 lakh kilometers of capillaries.
(06:29) 5 lakh kilometers of capillaries. You can go round India several times. That's the amount of blood vessels you got. These capillaries are smaller than your hair. Even a red blood cell can't go through it. It requires energy. So who's who's giving that energy? You require 142 horsepower for one circulation.
(06:44) Will you be alive? First of beat itself you're dead. Nothing moves in this world laminarly, remember that. How can blood alone move laminarly? Everything moves by worldly. You go today to your bathroom, fill the bathtub with water, and then pull the cork and watch how the water goes. And initially you won't see because there's a lot of water.
(07:00) As it goes down, boom, it goes. Everything moves by worldly. You look at the river, it whirls and moves. So blood also whirls. So heart only gives a twist and as it comes to the aorta, it whirls and whirls and collects energy. Next twist. The heart muscle is a peculiar muscle in the in the body.
(07:15) We say, "Oh, your ejection fraction is 40, you're very bad. I'm going to give you a bypass surgery." Foolish idea because ejection fraction is a linear measure. Heart is not a structure. Heart is not a ball. Heart is not a square. Heart is not an oblong. So this Euclidean geometry of ejection fraction applied to a non-linear structure.
(07:30) Such a foolish mathematics. You require Mandelbrot's fractal geometry, which we don't understand. So friends, fish is very good for health. It's the poor man. For the rich man, don't worry about fish because he's It's so many other choices. Now let us concentrate on the poor man, which is the majority in the world.
(07:45) And if I were if the poor man could give you money, you would be after the poor man. But the poor man can't give you money. If a poor man goes to the hospital, they will never suggest bypass surgery for him. They'll say, "Hey, this will be all right. Don't worry. This medicine you take and go.
(07:57) " But if a rich man goes, they'll first find out, "Where is he coming? This is bypass surgery is the best. You'll live forever. 100 years. I'm giving you blood. This is better than drug." And things like that. That's why I wrote an article several years ago, which is all sudden doing something. It is not your health, damn it. It's your wealth.
(08:11) So, we are not after your health. We are after your wealth. So, friends, P.C. Thomas is a good man, good teacher, good human being, and he means well. So, in his name, let us start a movement called Movement for the Hungry Mouths. Through fish. Thank you very much. >> I'm sure everybody has enjoyed it as much as I did.
(08:29) And thank you very much for having agreed to come. And I also thank Professor H.P. Shetty to personally speak to you on behalf of us. >> [laughter] >> If anybody has any >> Question would be okay, sir. >> Answer's not guaranteed. Question will come. If you don't like them, I would like to >> Hello. Sir, after the Cartesian reductionism past 200 years, we have actually lost thinking in other terms.
(08:54) So, whatever, for example, you're wearing a spectacle, that is because of the product reductionism. Microphone is a product of reductionism. What I hold is a product of reductionism. Anything tangible which is which has come through a non-reductive way or in a holistic. We talk much about holistic science, but nothing tangible has come up.
(09:09) >> Excellent idea. This is the classical argument put forward. Our science has given us so many things. Aeroplane to fly, cell phone to talk. You don't have to worry. You have everything. What you don't realize is this is not the solution to the problem at all. These problems, each invention that you have done creates more problems to mankind.
(09:25) You would be surprised there is already an epidemic of cancer coming up thanks to the cell phone because children today get hooked onto the cell phone. In America, they have already got an epidemic of acoustic neuroma, a tumor of the eighth nerve. The power of the magnetic electromagnetic waves that come from your cell phone is so powerful because the two ends you get it.
(09:45) You get the energy coming from the tower and you have to get the energy from this. And it's such an energy that's like a microwave. You keep your idli in the microwave and after 1 minute what happens? Your brain also gets heated up. Now, I can go on like this because I have I answered this question in a separate article.
(10:01) Now, these are all right. Now, for example, you said I've got the book. In the olden days you didn't have a book, but you had to write on sand, which give you some exercise. Today, you put every woman every other woman comes to me and says, "I've got shoulder pain." It's very fashionable. Frozen shoulder syndrome.
(10:15) And you go to the hospital then physiotherapy then this and that turning and then giving x-ray etc. etc. Why? Look at my mother's generation. They had to grind. They had to pull water. Until 100 years their shoulders were so good. And all these technology has made you unhealthy and killing mankind. And you're We didn't realize that.
(10:34) But holistic science is so good. Actually, there's a moment no. Holistic science has gone so far. I didn't tell you that. We sold holistic science so if you really understand holistic science, the whole problems can be solved so easily. Energy. Everything is energy. And when once everything is energy, every treatment is energy.
(10:47) I was just telling my friend the other day I have got a colleague of mine who is also who was also a professor with me. His leg was to be cut. He had diabetes. And our treatment is very simple. Oh, your leg is infected very bad. I'm going to cut. This man refused to be cut. He didn't want because his idea was if your leg is cut when you're alive, in the next janma, you will not have a leg.
(11:07) So, he refused. So, some and so I came to know that he's refusing. So, I went to and talked to him. He said, "No. He would much rather die than that." So, I asked the surgeon concerned, "Take off all the pus. We will give some We have got the electromagnetic energy devices." And he has got a normal foot back now.
(11:21) And today he was jumping. "All my vessels have come back, man. What did you do?" and things like that. We can do a lot of things, but again, there is no money in it. That's the problem. There's no money in it. So, nobody wants it. Nobody wants it. And today we can't push it in the market because peer review peer review.
(11:38) And peer says no, it's not You have no reference. The nature wrote to me, "Your paper is very good, but you have no reference." I said, "If I had reference, it's not original." I wrote to the editor. I said, "You're not publishing it. Don't worry. I will put it on the internet. It will get peer reviewed in the world." Today we have open peer review system.
(11:53) You put it in the internet and you get more peer reviewers than what you have. I'm an editor of a very prestigious journal. I know what peer review is. It's What is it? RCT? You do randomized control trials. Cold randomized control trials have no sig- meaning at all because you're you can't You're comparing two things without taking into consciousness.
(12:10) Your metal has consciousness. And J.C. Bose showed that metal has consciousness. That's why you we build bridges which break. If you understand the conscious of the metal and give allowance for that, the bridge will never break. Metal is See, you pluck all these flowers, I feel sorry to that plant will cry for a few days.
(12:26) You're thinking it's joke. Have I put a mango tree when I first bought my house about 25 years ago. It's a dwarf. In 5 years time it started giving nice mangoes. I get about 1,000, 2,000, 3,000 mangoes. My neighbor wanted to build a house because he had no house in that hill at all.
(12:42) So, he asked me, "Can I cut a few of your branches because it comes can't put the compound wall?" I said, "Go ahead." He cut the branches. Now for 3 years not a single mango is there. It's crying. People laughed. The Nobel Committee laughed at J.C. Bose's work. But the Royal Society said, "No, here is a great And they made him an FRH.
(12:57) And they took him to Cambridge and made him a professor. He was giving a lecture in the Royal College last year when I said about human consciousness, people laughed at me. And one of the professors who is who is the president of the Royal College, I wrote him a letter and gave the details of J.C. Bose's work.
(13:09) What he wrote? "Dear Professor Hegde, I realized how big an ignoramus I was." They have at least the admit to that. So, we have Even here we have a reductionist view of thinking. My telephone has come. Can it come with holistic medicine? No. Science. My science is great. You will have very good answers if you took that book by Fireband.
(13:30) He's not small man, PhD in physics. He became science philosopher. And that science philosophy book Against Method is a fascinating book. And Bernard Shaw wrote, "With If I use my intellectual capacity, I can't agree with any one of these scientists, especially from the arrogant scientists from the arrogant nation.
(13:45) And those who agree with them do it to be with the herd rather than they have sold their soul." If you think in the class, do you think you'll pass? You'll never pass. You'll never pass. I I picked up a student in seventh standard student in the Manipal school, ordinary school. This boy has broken Ramanujan's magic square Ramanujan wrote a magic square using his birthday.
(14:06) And this magic square is so nice. Any way you count, it comes to the same number. You count laterally, you count across, you take a four or five and anything you do, it comes to the same number. And this boy did it. So, I took him to Indian Institute of Science and showed him to the professor of math

No comments:

Post a Comment