Praveen Mohan Interview | Matt Beall Podcast
Author Name:Matt Beall Podcast
Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@MattBeallPodcast
Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz5XEJ_XIdc
Transcript:
(00:00) Barabber Caves is actually the oldest [music] cave temple we're seeing in India. You do not see any statues or carvings in these caves which kind of really makes you wonder why they built these structures. I would advertise this as the oldest pyramid in the world, not the [music] dojo pyramid.
(00:31) In the bedrock, they had carved more than 1,000 lings. And inside you have paintings that are older than 2,000 years. India is not just about the temples like it's not about the just the [music] carvings and statues. You'll have like weird things like that. I do not believe they're dated properly in India.
(00:55) I do not believe they're dated properly in Cambodia. I do not believe they're dated properly in Egypt. I do believe that these structures are much older. Well, good. So, let's get into it, man. What have you been up to? What What are we talking about today? What's what are the big topics today? >> Um let's go and talk about the ancient temples of India.
(01:25) >> Yep. >> Um especially places like Barabber Caves. Um I want to talk about like three or four very ancient temples of India. Uh one of them is Barabber Caves. This is in a remote part of India. It's actually pre-Christian even by mainstream archaeological accounts. So it's on kind of a it's even today it's in a remote place you know it's it's not easily accessible you have to kind of drive like an hour or two from the city and then you go to a remote place and it's almost like it's hidden. The caves are kind of hidden
(02:09) unless you know where to go. But you enter the caves and the caves look fantastic. You can basically see your face like, you know, your your reflection on the wall. >> It's that shiny and polished. >> It is for the most part. For the most part. Yeah. But the barber Yeah. It's like that. >> Yeah. So, and and the fun part is you do not see any statues or carvings in these caves, which kind of really makes you wonder what you know why they built these structures. Now if you look at the
(02:53) mainstream archaeological account, the mainstream archaeological account is like these were built as rain shelters to protect people from the rain. Okay, so that's what the mainstream archaeologist >> and where do they get that from? Where do they get that? >> It's from one of the inscriptions actually. >> Okay, >> it's one of the ins.
(03:13) So if you if you find inscriptions on these things in my opinion these inscriptions were added later because it makes no sense you know and and even the inscriptions say these caves were given by a a king not created. So these caves were given to monks by a king. So and the king takes no ownership of you know creating these caves.
(03:37) But I mean, if you think about it, right? So if if you have a nice place like this, you don't you're not going to use it as a rain shelter. You used it as a studio, right? So if you had that much polishing, you needed it for something. You needed, you know, you needed that much polishing for something. And we're not able to put put this on any particular religion.
(04:01) Um there are no Hindu, Buddhist or Jane carvings there. Um people think this belongs to a religion called Ajivika. Nobody nobody's I'm sure you haven't even heard of this religion. Um because it's kind of an extinct religion today. Nobody um you know claims to be an aivika um and um and there are no literally I've been there multiple times.
(04:29) Uh we are taking people there because we're doing a tour in September. We're taking them to Barabber Caves. Uh >> is it north south? Where is it in India? >> It's uh northeast almost. Okay. >> Yeah. It's it's in it's in the state of Bihar. Um it is near the place where Lord Buddha got his enlightenment. >> Right. >> It's it's near that place and and when we go there it has a lot of very very interesting details Matt.
(04:58) So for example, the acoustics are insane. So if if you and I were talking like this inside the cave, we cannot understand each other because it kind of like it sounds like this. You can only read my lips and understand what it is. Or you have to do you have to be like you have to ask me multiple times, >> right? Because it does something with the sound.
(05:27) It's like crazy echoes off all the walls, I guess. >> I guess so. It's just reverberating so much. You can't even We're not able to like listen to one another. Like we literally my my my crew would be like, "Okay, can you can you repeat that?" I and I would not understand. I'd be like, "Huh? What are you saying?" And they have to do that multiple times and they have to come closer and tell me because >> it doesn't matter which cave you're in.
(05:50) They're all >> in most of them. And there are about seven caves there. Um they're called the Barabber caves. Um some of them are called Naga Juni caves. Again, we go to that Naga the reptile like you know thing. But um these caves have very special acoustics and one of the in one of the caves and I hope I can I can post it soon on my YouTube but I've been traveling all over the world actually.
(06:19) um you know this I've just been in the UK now I'm here in a week I have to go somewhere else so but I hope I can post that video because if you walk into the caves obviously your footsteps are kind of amplified you'll be like boom boom boom right so you're you're just walking normally instead of like thud it'll be like boom boom but in one particular place I was just stepping on that place and it was like a thunder crack We literally thought there was like a thunder crack outside. It was like boom.
(06:52) It was like an explosion there. And all I did was just hit I I was just stomping on that place lightly. So I I I do this demonstration. Um I I'll post it on my channel soon now that I've said it. But you can go there and find out for yourself. You know, if you if you just maybe like touch it with your your palm or like hit it with your shoes, it'll sound like a thunder crack, you know.
(07:19) >> Which cave was that? >> This is in Barber cave 2, I think. >> Okay. I wonder if we can pull that up and take a look at it. And you can even show >> I don't know if anybody has done it, but but I can I can post that demo. I I I um I may have found it myself, but >> So, they all have different shapes, right? >> Yes.
(07:42) >> And has there been any kind of study into why what's the the reasoning behind is it like for acoustical purposes or or what why do they have these different shapes? No, my my idea is that it was it was done for uh you know creating a particular kind of a frequency like particular sound reverberation. Obviously the polishing shows that and I think I've always maintained it like this.
(08:12) I always think that you know each temple was dedicated to like a particular mantra like there are multiple mantras like M is one of the mantra right you you I'm sure you know this like whenever people go to the temples people like but yes but does it have a meaning do you know what what it means >> um what does it mean >> it means nothing actually the the mantras there are two types of mantras one is called a bee mantra or a seed mantra. This is just a seed.
(08:43) It doesn't have a meaning, but the sound has a healing quality. >> It has a function, but not a meaning. Correct. Yeah. Yeah. Cuz I mean, the the the reverberation within the human body is healing to to a degree, right? I mean, that's like sound waves internally within your body that's like vibrating all the the stuff loose that you know or whatever.
(09:06) I mean, it's it's physically I think it's probably a way that ancient humans would have would have practiced uh healing throughout time. >> Absolutely. If if you love nature, you know that you know if like >> I mean I'm completely making that up, but but I think there's got to be some amount of truth to that, right? >> I would say it's it's completely true, but it's just not proven yet, right? I mean, we we understand this intuitively, right? So you you if you walk walk outside in the nature, you hear like a bird call and it doesn't have any
(09:34) meaning, right? The bird is probably calling for its mate, but it heals you. It definitely heals you, right? So there are sounds which you don't they don't they're not creating a picture in your mind because they don't mean anything but they are actually meant to heal you and create something in your mind, body and soul.
(10:00) They're supposed to transform you. And my idea is that and it's not just limited to barab caves by the way. It's also limited it's I'm also saying this about temples. I say that you know each temple was designed for a particular purpose and was dedicated to like a particular seed mantra. So for example one cave would be like gopika cave could be dedicated to m you know vapiaka cave to be sh these kind of seed mantras and I mean we have to do more research on that by going there and experimenting there to to just chant the mantras and see how we feel right and we
(10:42) we don't I think we're in the very beginning stages of this science so it'll obviously sound like pseudocience you But um 10 years, 20 years later, we should be able to understand why these guys were polishing it like mirrors, right? I mean, there's got to be I mean, it's kind of silly to say that these are rain shelters, >> right? So, uh so the sound had to do something with it.
(11:08) And it it gets also very interesting because Barabber caves is actually for now as far as we know Barabber caves is actually the oldest cave temple we're seeing in India. >> Okay. Even accord just according to the mainstream >> even according to mainstream archaeology. Yes. >> Which is like 500 BC. Is that right? >> It's Yes. It's about 300 BC. Okay.
(11:29) Even with mainstream accounts it's 300 BC. So it's pre-Christian. >> But it could be much much older. >> Right. That's the thing. Humans have been on this planet for we don't even know how long. 300,000 years at a at a minimum like >> now they're going to find more in 10 years. Like even they were saying it's like less than 100,000.
(11:48) Homo sapiens were less than 100,000. It's just doubled in the last decade, you know. So >> I've talked to people that are like, "Nope, it's done. It's going to stop right there. It can't go anymore. And this is the reason why." And you know, they'll give me a five minute explanation and it's like, "Yeah, I'm not so convinced.
(12:06) " that that that the date of humans is only going to go back to 300,000 years. And it's like I mean that you know a couple hundred years ago it was 5,000 years, 10,000 years, 25,000 years, 100,000, 150, now it's 300. >> Uh you know when's it going to stop? Maybe it's maybe this is the maybe this is the magical point where the the age of humans will finally stop getting older.
(12:30) But um I guess the point is that we could have been building this cave however many years ago whenever humans decided, hey, I can pick up a rock and start carving into granite. And I mean, if you're in that thing for a thousand years and you're just sitting there polishing it, it's going to look pretty freaking shiny after [laughter] after a little while.
(12:46) >> It's possible. It's poss I'm not saying like for example, it is possible to make this pyramid with hand. It's possible, right? I'm not saying it's not possible, but is that how they really made it? Or did they use machines or did they use advanced technology? Right. >> Yeah.
(13:05) There's just nothing to really tell us what the date of the barb bar caves are, you know? >> No, just the inscriptions. >> Just the inscriptions. >> Correct. And and [clears throat] if you see the inscriptions, um I I did make one video about this, but the inscriptions themselves are like poor quality, >> you know.
(13:20) They're not very good quality, you know, inscriptions. And uh so I I would assume that they were yeah they look like that and there all the the the words have chipped off and you can see some politics there too. Somebody has erased the inscriptions on top you can see somebody has made the inscriptions and and you can see at the end of the right side and the bottom line somebody has deliberately gotten rid of the inscription there. Right.
(13:46) So that shows that there is some politics there. What is what what are the the three images? Just so I understand what we're looking at. >> These are the inscriptions carved on the outside of the the caves. >> Is it the same inscription three times or is this >> different? Just a little bit different. Just a little bit different.
(14:03) But the but the gist of it is basically like Okay. See, so these this cave was created as a rain shelter and and was given by this king to the monks, you know, to the Ajivika monks, something like that. >> Okay. And they've tried to erase the word ajivika. They've, you know, whoever was there later, they wanted to erase the word ajivika as well because, you know, um, so you can see there's some like religious politics there, right? Just like just like today actually.
(14:34) >> Right. Right. Anything else crazy about this place other than the the acoustical stuff and the fact that it was carved into these strange >> the geometry of this is very very crazy. the the the geometry is basically they made them into perfect domes and they made them into perfect hemispheres. And in one of the things it literally looks like you're walking into a giant mushroom.
(15:04) It's very It makes me wonder if these guys were using mushrooms. If it was just Is that that If you walk into that one, it's like a kind of a half dome thing on the left and you walk in there and you look at that that one. Um if there are actual pictures, Sudama cave inside picture, you literally think like you're walking into a mushroom.
(15:29) And and it even has that I don't know what it's called that overhang thing like a mushroom. Like there's like a cylinder and there's like that overhanging thing. If it literally feels like you're walking into a giant mushroom. It's a very fascinating experience. You'll have to see it if you if you ever come to India.
(15:50) >> I'd love to see it. Yeah. I've talked about this site with a couple of other people maybe. I think we've talked about it twice, but it's it's fascinating. It's crazy. Really, really cool. Now, when you talk about it being perfect and the ceilings and the walls being perfect, I mean, I've done some work to on on perfect, you know, to with the vases and whatnot to try to understand the engineering involved in a lot of those things.
(16:11) And >> is that perfect? >> Very very close to perfect in a lot of cases. Yeah. Um, these walls, have they been scanned? Have they been measured to understand the circularity or the roundness or >> Not not by mainstream like archaeologists. They've not done a full scan of it. there was like a third party uh group that did it.
(16:30) I think it was like a group of like f French people or something and they they had shown it. Um but again you know like unless it comes from the like for example I would like very much to claim that the Barabber caves are perfect >> because it kind of because I like ancient technology and I like ancient boulders and I would like to you know kind of showcase them, right? So I could have like a biased view that comes with the territory, but they're not really perfect, right? So we would prefer to have like a nice almost like a
(17:00) government or like a third party doing independent scans, but somebody's already done it, but you could see uh some imperfections on it, you know, you could but still >> Well, there's age and wear too, you know. So is it a manufacturing imperfection or is it a age and wear imperfection? Quran. >> But but but but even with that, my my idea is, you know, like I've never painted ever in my whole life, right? So you give me a paintbrush and I'm I'm better than Picasso.
(17:32) Would you believe that? There's got to be something wrong with that theory, right? And that's what we see with Barabber Caves. There's no predescesses, right? So it's like there's no caves preceding that. >> You're probably better than Picasso. [laughter] Yeah, delusional but [clears throat] not that much I think.
(17:50) But [laughter] >> but that's what we see with Barabber caves and that's what we see with Ajanta caves. Right. So, Barabber caves are now um they're trying to find like a predecessor, but the polishing on this and the way they cut it that the the roof to make a curve like that, right? To make an arch in 3D, >> right? But and the angles, it's very very difficult.
(18:15) >> How long does it take in in with the tools of the time, with the tools of 2500 years ago, what are they using to to carve the the granite? Iron chisels and hammers. >> Iron chisels. >> They had iron in India. >> Okay. So, they had iron chisels and hammers that they were going after. >> Yeah. Any >> pickaxe.
(18:34) >> Have they Have they done any work to figure out how many years or whatever it would have taken? >> No. >> They won't go that route. It'll be very difficult for them. They probably say it's it's about 15 years. >> Yeah. >> Um but but but >> because you just increase the number of people working on it, I guess.
(18:49) >> Correct. They would be like, "Oh, but they were like they used a million slaves to do it, you know." [laughter] >> Right. Right. Right. Yeah. Right. So, yeah. I guess there's nothing there. That's why it's kind of frustrating to [laughter] like talk, not to talk about or explore these places because they're fascinating, but just the mysteries.
(19:04) It's like the vases, you know, there's so many things that you'll never know about each individual one that uh you know, there's a lot of mystery that's always going to be there, I guess. >> Yeah. I love the vases, man. I mean, I love the, you know, um, I obviously I made a video and and a lot of people uh, loved it.
(19:23) Hope hopefully I sent you some followers from from my videos to you. >> I love the Egyptian vases. And of course, I mean, again, we go back to this idea of like, oh, but somebody will be like, there'll be two guys rotating like a stone tool and they'll show you how to make a vase, you know, and they'll be like, Matt Bell debunked blah blah blah.
(19:46) But that doesn't that just proves that it could be done that way, right? But it doesn't prove that it was done that way, right? So we we literally saying we don't know. And then we also have to wonder why why go through that trouble, you know? Why do you have to make the vase so perfect, right? It it's not for like drinking alcohol.
(20:08) I mean, it's got to have some other purpose, right? And same thing with the Barabber caves, you know? Um the mainstream kind of gets irritated when we see that. But why like would you make like glass-like finish in in a kind of a remote, you know, hilltop, right, with insane acoustics for what? And they got like I mean they now they can't even say it's for a religion because there are no statues or anything like that.
(20:33) there like they just have like a stone bed kind of a place almost hence like somebody was sleeping there or somebody was meditating there or something like that but very very unusual place. So where were the people living 2500 years ago in in relation to the barb bar caves? Were they all around it? Were they next to it? Were was it down the street? What? Like what was the living situation like back? I I just want to understand how uh realistic it is to think that this was built as a rain shelter for a hundred random people,
(21:09) you know, like what what was life like? Where where were the people? Where was town? Where was like how is it how re and why were they trying to protect however many people could fit into these caves? I don't know. 700 people. Maybe you could fit a 100 people if you just crammed.
(21:24) You could fit a 100 people in in in almost most of the caves. Yes. >> Yeah. So you got maybe you're protect >> if it's raining and if they have to do that. Yeah. They could. >> And why are they protecting themsel from the rain any What's wrong with the rain? Why is water something to >> I don't know. [laughter] I don't know.
(21:42) See but but it it this is a very good question. I love this line of questioning because again Barber Caves is on a is on a hilltop right? But 2500 years ago the India was actually like very well populated. They had villages and even cities all over the places right the civilization was like very was a little bit advanced you know just from what we hear from history like history books the every you know people were people had all sorts of things and there was so much gold and and things like that.
(22:15) So it was not like uh people were mostly living in caves or something like that. Right. >> So there there was like a nice civilization in India. Um it it was kind of a rich >> wealthy. >> It was kind of wealthy place actually. But then you always find these kind of remote caves that almost people don't like it's almost intentionally isolated.
(22:47) They wanted to kind of a create a remote isolated set of caves for a particular purpose. They almost wanted people to stay out of it. They did not want people coming there. Okay. Um same thing with Ajenta caves as well. There's one more place we're going to Ajenta caves. Actually, this is also a remote place.
(23:08) You know, Ajenta is not an easy place to go. Uh first you got to go like take it you got to go and um to the ground level and then you have to take a bus and then from the bus you have again you have to park the bus and then walk for like kind of walk uphill um for maybe 15 20 minutes even today this is the situation barber caves is like this too so imagine like you know 2,000 years ago that that's the caves It's a it's a set of about uh 30 caves, but these caves are also pre-Christian.
(23:47) There's nothing there. It's it's again on a on a almost like a hilltop. These caves are pre-Christian. They're more than 2,000 years old. And this is dedicated to Buddhism. It's not these are not Hindu caves. These are Buddhist caves. We've been getting a lot of requests because there's a lot of uh Buddhists from Taiwan, China, uh Thailand.
(24:13) Uh these Buddhists want to come and and uh I take them to the Ajenta caves. And these again, these are kind of very there's nothing there. Literally, you have to they're old caves, by the way. And inside uh you have paintings that are older than 2,000 years. You have not only statues, you still have remnants of paint.
(24:40) >> Wow. Like on the walls. >> On the walls on the statues. Like usually you tend to think, okay, this is just a statue. But once upon a time, they had painted the statues. So you can still see traces of like that. >> Wow. >> Like that. Again we go to that sound. You see that on top there is like a mandela. >> Yeah.
(25:02) >> Like on top you see that circular pattern like if you make a sound you can it visually comes to this. Like if you make a sound it'll you can visually see it as a circular pattern. This is called simatics. And again and again we go back to that sound we and inside you can see Lord Buddha.
(25:25) It's a giant statue man by the way. you go there, you're not even like you won't even able to touch his palm, you know, it's it's a giant building basically. So, and you can see these these are all more than 2,000 years. And they talk about a variety of things. There's they talk about Buddha, they talk about Nagas. Uh again, the Nagas just come right back into the into the into the paintings.
(25:49) you know, the nagas, the the snake gods or the reptiles, they're not only just limited to um Hinduism, they're also about Buddhism because on top the Buddha will have like a giant naga protecting him there. >> So were these then the date that these were uh built according to mainstream is what >> just a hundred years later than the Barabber caves just like 50 or 100 years right there.
(26:16) They're both around the same time, both pre-Christian. Barabber caves just barely predates the Ajuna caves. >> And and geographically, how far apart are they? >> They're they're in completely different like places. Like this one, Barabber Caves is on like east and Ajenta Caves is in the in the west. >> Okay. So, same civilization. >> No, >> no, different civilization.
(26:39) >> Correct. >> Okay. So, what would what were the people here called? >> Um, no. Well, I mean lots of different things, you know, they they call them all kinds of different names, you know, Chalikas, Rasha [laughter] >> by their enemies. What were they? >> No, but but but again the Barabar caves um they go to that Mauya Empire Barber and this is all just the mainstream theories.
(27:04) So if um and right next to the Ajanta caves you have a caves right where the mount kilasa temple is there that is completely attributed to a different dynasty like Krishna Krishna dynasty so like and this is the mystery of this because they even though they're like all around the same time they're kind of separated in different places you know archaeologists and historians think they were completely built by completely different you now kings.
(27:35) >> But yeah, but inside the agenda ajenta caves is a very uh interesting place to be. Uh if you want to see uh Buddhist carvings, it shows a lot of different Buddhist uh statues, paintings in in one it shows the kind of the dying Buddha. I don't know if you know about this uh Lord Buddha interestingly enough uh Lord Buddha you know he he was teaching all the people for a long time after his enlightenment and finally he kind of becomes because nobody really like I don't think people were were able to understand his true
(28:15) message you know um so I think uh Lord Buddha was very actually quite sad that's the that's a statue of his of dying Buddha. That's the statue of uh of dying Buddha. He's he's actually dying and you can see everybody crying, [snorts] you know. >> Can you be enlightened and sad? >> That's exactly why Lord Buddha is just probably not looking that sad.
(28:44) But the but the but the people beneath they're crying and he's probably sad that they could they couldn't get enlightened, I guess, [laughter] >> right? >> I don't know. This yeah this is a tricky question right? So if >> if Lord Buddha was enlightened um would he feel pain if I put a nail to his uh palm right? Would he feel it? >> He would feel a sensation.
(29:07) >> Would he label it as bad? No. But he would feel a sensation. >> Okay. But would he cry? Would he be like, "Oh Lord, what what is happening to me?" >> No. Like he wouldn't have >> Jesus did that. >> A victim mentality. >> Yeah. Jesus did that, right? when when Jesus was crucified and this is again you know skeptics as this very question about Christianity people are like oh Jesus was like an enlightened master and even better if he was the son of God >> that's interesting >> and they nailed him to the cross Jesus
(29:35) actually cries like Lord what happened why have you forsaken me >> right >> right >> so he was actually crying and he was he was crying out loud and says you know um Lord why did you for you know why have you forsaken me so he was in pain. I mean, >> he was surprised. He was surprised by the event.
(29:54) I guess if he's asking that question at that time, >> I would I would just argue that he was in pain, right? I mean, to say that, you know, he's an enlightened like if you took like Dalai Lama and if J kind of pinched him, do you think he wouldn't he wouldn't just be like, "Oh, do you think this?" >> Um, yeah.
(30:12) [laughter] I mean, everybody feels it and and maybe I don't I don't know at what point you stop reacting at at what point of enlightenment you stop reacting to pain and and and thinking that it's bad and just realizing that it's just a sensation that you feel. >> Yeah. >> Yeah. I Yeah, that's interesting about Jesus though.
(30:27) That's an interesting point. >> Yeah. I I would say and and and the same thing with Buddha too. I think a lot of times when we say, "Oh, he's an enlightened being." people actually think like oh he doesn't eat or you know he doesn't sleep or something like that or he I mean they are very much like biological beings I think we have to put that first >> to understand that you know they're like biological beings they're literally going to die right their body I mean even if this is my opinion right for example in the case of Buddha it was a
(30:59) natural death he wasn't like tortured or crucified or something like that >> Lord Buddha died a natural death even though he was enlightened so the biology has its own course there's no way of getting rid of that I I would assume right so you know Jesus only kind of died because they kind of crucified him early right otherwise he would have just become very old after all he had taken a human form you know even even if you if you believe in that theory so the biology should have should take procedence over that. I mean, it would
(31:36) be kind of a it's like a Salem witch trials, you know. Let's let's put them on fire to see if they survive, [laughter] >> right? Yeah. They're not going to survive. >> Yep. >> Yeah. The religious stuff is always fascinating [laughter] to me to get into uh regardless of which one it is. Um but yes.
(31:57) So then where were we? Where were we? >> Yeah. So we were in Ajenta caves. That's a Buddhist uh set of caves. >> And Buddhism goes back 4,500 years or so. Is that right? Or >> by mainstream archaeological accounts, Lord Buddha was born around 600 BC. >> No. >> What? >> 600 BC. >> Correct. >> Really? >> H. >> Huh. Okay. Ryan Fact. >> So that's only 2,600 years old.
(32:20) >> Yeah. Okay. >> Okay. That's again I would like it to be much older. >> 20 20. >> Yeah. So 500 >> the fifth century BC. >> Fifth to sixth to fifth century BC. >> I thought he was much older than that. Interesting. Thank you. >> Yeah. At that time, and that time there must have been something crucial at that time.
(32:44) 6th to 5th century BC, you see Lord Buddha becoming a very big enlightened master. I would say it's almost like the Messiah cult of Israel. you know, you you have these messiahs just coming out be because people were looking for like an enlightened master. Lord Buddha comes out. He founds Buddhism. I wouldn't call it he didn't call it Buddhism by the way.
(33:10) Um but he was the founder of a great new path called Buddhism. So that happened and then uh another uh person Lord Mahavira also comes from India. He he was kind of the one of the big apostles of Janism. There's a religion known as Janism in India. Now it's a very small percent. Now they I'm very worried that you know um the Janes are going to become extinct which is a shame because it's an excellent religion.
(33:40) You know Janism is one of the great I would I would argue that it's one of the greatest religions in the world. >> Define great. >> Uhhuh. >> Define great. What does it bring to the world? They do not harm anybody. They do not harm even animals or insects. Uh they are one of the wealthiest people in India.
(34:00) But they still believe in not harming anybody and they do not use any kind of crooked tactics and business even though they are the richest. They're very righteous people. Um everybody respects them. They believe in nonviolence. >> Have you heard of Swami G? That's just a name for anybody, man. So, Amiji just means >> Have you heard of this guy that has an app that uh he's he Okay, so there's like I guess in Hinduism maybe it's kind of like where where in Christianity people think that Jesus has not yet returned and that he's going to come
(34:35) back again soon. And maybe >> I think he does maybe he he is going to come back later. >> That'd be cool. Yeah. So then [laughter] in uh but >> not just after three days but you know I mean the the mainstream belief >> that's what Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. And and then in in Hinduism is it kind of the same that a prophet is going to return >> it's not Yeah.
(34:54) It's Lord Vishnu coming back. >> Yeah. >> Koki. So I had a podcast with a guy who wrote a book and um excellent book, phenomenal book and I didn't realize but he um uh was a part of a religious group where it's a guy from India that is the main leader of the religion and he's claiming to >> I think I've got this right. He's claiming to be reincarnated.
(35:24) Um the soul ki >> I think so. >> Okay. >> Yeah. And and uh that's the religion and um >> that would be Hinduism. >> Hinduism, right? It's a form of Hinduism. Yeah. And and but the guy was convicted was not convicted. He was he was going to trial for >> Okay. >> Uh in India in I think 2019 or 2020, something like that.
(35:49) this this leader of this religious group that's claiming to be a god and uh he escaped India and was able to get out of India and then like his followers or maybe >> he founded another country. >> Yes, he found >> Nitananda. Yeah. >> Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. That's when it was. Are you familiar with this at all? >> I know him. Yeah.
(36:08) Yeah. I don't I mean I don't know him personally. Okay. >> But I know him. Okay. >> But there is a lot of like religious persecution in India. I mean >> I hear that. Yeah. I hear that. like if if you're uh if you're I mean it's happening everywhere I think too but in India it's somewhat like it's openly happening like all the people who are who become like religious gurus or if they have anything like to do with it like even sometimes I get attacked a lot because I'm showing Hindu temples but in India it's all tied into politics so
(36:38) they think I'm against Buddhism or you know Christianity or uh Jane but I'm and I'm not. Uh so so they kind of but they've tied everything into politics. Uh so the so they basically trying to you know bait uh somebody and then put forced cases like legal trouble for them and uh they put so many people in prison.
(37:05) >> Yeah. >> You know they put so many like religious gurus in prison and he was lucky that he got out >> and he kind of created his own. It's almost like he says he has his own country which is a very fascinating thing. Uh he he was one of the very big religious leaders of uh of India not only in India around the world too.
(37:27) He he was a great uh religious leader Nityanandha Swami Nityanandha people call him Swami G you know he >> how old is he? >> I'm not sure. Okay. I'm not sure but I would guess he's around 50. >> Okay. or maybe 55 or 60 something like that. >> Okay. >> Uh but he again you know they the the the legal trouble they gave him was like insane like they they were just putting a lot of pressure on him.
(37:56) Even now you can see that they even if you're a Hindu guru in India today they'll find a way to like force like legal cases. They they'd probably try for me too. Oh, you know those are >> so you think they're they're just making up >> He's 48 years old. Yeah. >> You think they're making up stuff? >> So [laughter] I'll tell you what happened right in in India.
(38:23) So Swami Nityanandha >> they had put a spy cam in his room in his bedroom. >> Wow. >> And they caught him with an with another lady. you know what they were doing, but whatever they were doing was their business, you know. >> Yeah. >> So, >> so she didn't accuse him of >> She did not. No, she did not. >> But the Spy Cam uh news got out and they were publishing it on like left and right, you know, and and in the we always joke about this like in the US we joke about this in the US the guy with the spy cam would go to jail.
(39:03) >> Right. [laughter] Right. Unless it's the Unless it's the government. >> Yeah. Right. So, we we joke about this because uh um in the US the guy with the spy cam would go to jail. Why would you put a spy cam in in his bedroom? You can't put a spy cam in anybody's bedroom for that matter.
(39:22) It would be crazy, right? So, you're going to find crazy things. And um but Samsung TV in my bedroom. I'm pretty sure there's a spy cam in that. uh [laughter] >> well they're listening to you anyway with the phone and with the cameras and things like that >> but um in India it's somewhat um >> they've made it they've made it obvious that you know if you if you're going to uh support Hinduism you're going to get trouble but that's kind of lame you know that's kind of lame because uh you should feel free to support anything if you want to support Christianity or if
(39:55) you want to support Buddhism you you should feel free to support, you know, you should have freedom of religion basically like the US. >> Yeah. Yeah. >> Yeah. There should be no problem uh with that. But yeah, I didn't um I didn't know that you knew a guy um like that. >> Um but yeah, he he's got a lot of social stigma in in India.
(40:19) Swami Nityanandha, you know, they they forced so many cases on him and now I suspect um that in countries like Thailand for example, okay, in countries like Thailand, the Buddhist monks got a lot of like they there was like a big scandal that broke out about the Buddhist monks in Thailand. uh apparently there was just one lady uh who was with many of the Buddhist monks and so that became kind of a big expose and then you know Buddhism um got a very bad reputation but like it's just you know some monks doing it you know even if it's true we don't even
(40:58) know if it's true but uh even if it's true it's just like you can't blame Lord Buddha for this >> yeah right people have sex I guess right >> this is just like How how weird is that? [laughter] >> That's right. The weird part is like judging it and like filming it and talking about it publicly. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
(41:17) >> Yeah. >> Well, anyway, let's get back to some crazy cool old stuff and sites that you've you've been to. Thank you. I wanted to ask you about that cuz I was I've gotten different opinions on it and people have written different comments the Swami G situation and there were some comments in the the uh the episode.
(41:31) So I was just curious like different perspectives on it and you being uh India you know >> being yeah I'm not associated with him um but I'm just thinking that it was just a it was just political vendetta. >> Yeah. >> Right. So they just wanted to get rid of him. Uh they there's there are large groups who think that you know all religious leaders and all religion should be wiped out and the only thing uh that that India should have is atheism.
(42:01) That is really that's that goes against you know your your your human rights. You you're free to choose whatever you want to believe. You know if you believe in atheism that's fine too or if you believe in Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, whatever it is like that's completely your opinion and you should be entitled to it. >> So studying all these temples and whatnot is kind of your your thing.
(42:24) That's your big number one thing. But religion kind of comes into that I guess because these are mostly religious temples for for the most part, right? These are are these primarily Hindu temples with with with Buddhist temples mixed in or vice versa or what what is the kind of ratio of religion as it relates to the temples that you study? >> I would I would argue that maybe 80% of what I do is Hindu temples.
(42:49) >> Okay. Um the rest of them about 20% there would be Buddhism, Janism, uh sometimes completely different things like Stonehenge >> right >> it would be completely different >> right >> um >> Cambodia >> Cambodia is mostly you have you have Buddhist temples and some of it is now like kind of converted into Bu Buddhist temples but I would argue that most of the temples the majority of them are basically built as Hindu temples.
(43:20) We can still see the the remnants everywhere, >> right? >> Let's go to the craziest place in Cambodia that you could educate the audience about. Like the most mind-blowing craziest Cambodia place and and back it up with pictures. >> Um, I would say that the most kind of the the strange places of Cambodia is a place [clears throat] called Phamulan Mountain.
(43:46) >> Okay. Um if you it's like maybe an hour or two from the city and we we do tours there too. Uh we're doing a tour uh this December actually the new year you can you can we get to go there. We we're spending it in Cambodia. So it's like an hour or two from the main city and you go there and it's a mountain.
(44:13) It's called phenamulan that basically means like a mountain with waterfall in modern Cambodia. But inside you can see the water flowing from the top of the mountain from multiple streams. It comes it gathers. It becomes like a kind of like a what do you call it? Uh creek. Creek stream. It slowly becomes bigger and bigger. And you can see that you know in the bedrock the water flows on top of lings.
(44:43) They had carved more than 1,000 lings on the bedrock. The the lings are like cylindrical structures. >> Wow. >> Yeah. So the the cylindrical structures there they are the lings and you can literally see if you see phenom colon mountain lings you can see this >> I want that job man [laughter] you you can you can even come there as a host Matt you're you're qualified to come if you want to join me in December >> as a worker carving that stuff for you know just sitt [laughter] sitting in a waterfall in in paradise in the shade
(45:23) for uh it's perfect that's the life Man, that's good to build that thing. >> Yeah, >> that's beautiful by the way. >> That's very beautiful. And uh and if you if you go to the other Yeah. Like there. See? >> Wow. >> That is completely covered with these cylinders. >> Is that from the top or what is that? >> Where is that the bottom picture that we just inserted? Is that from the top of the same structure or is that >> it's it's in a different place.
(45:50) But yeah, these are it's it the the kind of the creek is flowing everywhere and in the bedrock it has to flow through these lings. 1,000 lings. >> Wow. >> Yeah. >> What is the bedrock made of? >> Um sandstone. >> Sandstone. So over time that's going to wear down from the water rushing on top of it.
(46:12) If the water's where where the water's covering it, it's going to wear down. Right. Correct. Water is covering it. It's a beautiful experience. We do get lucky sometimes. We go into the water and you can touch the lingum and the water is kind of flowing and it's it's pure magic. Okay. So this is one of the places that we go to and I would say um the original name of this place even though today it's called phenamulan it's known as Mahendra Parvata which means the mountain of lord Indra which is the the god of thunder and lightning and and
(46:46) Indra is shown with like a tool known as the vajra. It's kind of a a a lightning rod or you know like some kind of a very high power electric device. So we can see um this entire mountain covered with these lings and it it does some pure kind of magic when when you go there you you you see the carvings mostly the carvings are underwater too.
(47:15) So you you literally have to That's Yeah. >> Yeah. I'm a I'm a picture guy. I was hoping you could find more, right? Because [laughter] this is a whole mountain with this stuff on it. >> Yes. >> Wow. And so the water's not moving much over that. >> Not. Yeah. Not not at this time, but you can literally see that.
(47:33) This is a very old video. But if you go to the newer uh channels, too, you can see the the newer ones. >> When was when when when did they create this? When did they cut all this? >> At least 10,000 years. Again, according to mainstream history, at least 1,000 years. But again, it could be much older. But again, we go there.
(47:52) Um, we go there again and again. I told you, right? I'm in Cambodia now. >> Um, so we go there again and again and we can see a bunch of uh these lings. We pull the newer videos. We take you underwater. We show you how it looks under the water. And not only these small little cylinders, there are lings as large as like 5 ft wide >> carved into the bedrock. Wow.
(48:21) >> You know, so so very fascinating thing. And then um we worked more on that phenamulan mountain because of the you know the underwater lings. It turns out that the mountain itself has more than 100 hidden temples all over the mountain. there are and you cannot go there by car.
(48:47) Uh so we I got a motorcycle and I started to go through and I have some help with the with the locals there. So they take me to the very remote sites and it turns out that entire mountain is full of like more than 100 ancient temples all dedicated to either Lord Shiva or Vishnu. These are all Hindu temples, but they're literally kind of like located in remote in a very remote mountain of Cambodia.
(49:19) We're finding very fascinating structures there. Like you would literally go into the like the like you have to take the motorcycle. You have to like go in these tiny little kind of a trail for like 20 minutes and then you have to park your like you have to park your motorcycle then you have to walk for another 10 minutes to find that temple and that temple hadn't probably been touched for like you know years.
(49:46) Only the locals know about this temple. Uh there are so there are so many kind of hidden uh cave temples kind of things very mystical details there we uh sometimes we go there with like dowsing rods and things like that and we see that like the energy there is like insane. >> Yeah. >> Yeah. That's cool. Yeah. The energy component of it is always fascinating.
(50:09) Can what do you feel when you're feeling that from an energetic standpoint? What is that like? My my experience um has always been this. It just kind of clears all the junk out. It feels like you threw all the trash out of your house. That's what it literally feels like. Um this is corroborated by most of the people who come with me.
(50:40) So I would they would come with all sorts of things. they would have maybe like a physical ailment or maybe they were depressed, maybe they had like some family trouble, right? But when we go to these ancient sites in a few days, it literally kind of wiped their slate clean. They suddenly started to feel much better. Like they don't know why, right? Some of them don't even like almost 50% of people we have are mostly Americans or Europeans or Australians and they they don't even know like what Shiva means.
(51:14) It's not like they don't say who is Shiva. They they be like what is Shiva? [laughter] So they don't even know what it means. But these ancient statues, underwater things and the lings and the temples, they kind of have a have an effect of kind of removing that toxicity from you.
(51:36) That's one lingum that's like almost like >> just cleansing. >> Yeah. 8 by 8 10. Yeah. Cleansing. and you you go there, you put your feet in there and you're you're like a com you're it's it's very it's unexplainable, you know, but yeah, and I and I truly believe this, you know, that the ancient boulders created them not for superstition but for, you know, this kind of like healing purpose >> because it's a great bathtub.
(52:08) That's why they created it. [laughter] >> That's true. That is true. That's true. They wanted the best bathtub in the whole in the whole continent. [laughter] >> Yeah. >> Um Yeah, that's cool. That's cool though, that uh Yeah. And energetically you can feel that at different places around the world I'm sure that you travel to and and >> Correct. Yeah.
(52:24) >> Correct. even even in Stonehenge because [clears throat] the like the funny part is the more I travel uh the more I went from India to Indonesia to Thailand to Sri Lanka to Cambodia that's the southeast right but and the whole idea that a lingum is basically a cylindrical structure right kind of a rounded top cylindrical structure and then there's a yonyi or a base around it with a spout Okay, it'll be it'll look like this.
(52:58) Now, obviously, you know, the the mostly the western archaeologists, they're all about the lingum is a phallic symbol. It's a male part and the yoni is the female part, right? But we can see the symbolism again and again, even as far as the Stonehenge, even at the Stonehenge, there is one giant cylinder at the very at the outside of the Stonehenge.
(53:22) It's called the heel stone. Like it's called H E L stone, right? But I'm thinking it's like the heel like H E A L healing stone kind of thing. And on one day on summer solstice, the very when the sun rises, the very first shadow created by the lingum, if that Yeah, that's the one. It's actually outside the Stonehenge.
(53:50) And on one particular day, the shadow from this lingum, if I may call it a lingum, the shadow from this lingum literally goes into the yonyi or the circle. It goes into the circle and hits the center of the circle very much like how we see the lingum and the yonyi. So we can see the same kind of symbolism you know even as for like as the UK I mean you can imagine that you know India is in Asia and then the UK is like almost all the way over there in Europe.
(54:28) So we can see the same thing and we can see the similar things in um in um Cambodia same right and it gets more interesting right so if you see uh Baba atomic research center right so if Ryan can uh Google BABA atomic research and if you see that if you look at the pictures uhoh That's a nuclear power plant.
(55:02) But again, you can see that looks exactly [laughter] a cylinder with a yonyi like literally just people we when people when people pass by they literally say this is a lake. >> Right. Right. >> Okay. So you can see kind of >> the inside of [laughter] Barbar Caves potentially. >> Inside of Barber Caves too. Yes. Yes. >> Yes.
(55:26) So, I mean, your your job's interesting because you're traveling across the world. You're going to these incredible places. You're exploring all of these incredible ancient temples and sites, and there's a lot of mystery surrounding a lot of them. Um, either way, if the mainstream has everything right about everything, it's still incredible.
(55:46) There's still incredible sites to be able to go to and visit and talk about and teach people about and educate people about. But then kind of underlying your work is your theory that these things are much older than the mainstream thinks that they are. And so so that's that's kind of um >> maybe the more controversial part of your your work is just is just that that thought or belief.
(56:11) Can I call it a belief? Is it do you think that it's >> Yes, it it is. I would say yes. >> Yeah. Yeah. And so when do you think >> it will be a belief for some time? Yeah. >> Yeah. When when do you think the um these structures were made and and by whom? Um I'm curious if you think that they all kind of go back to the same time period and if so when is that and and who uh who who's the creator? >> Okay. So good good question there.
(56:34) So now I want to say that this it's a very good question. Right. So there are two parts that make me very controversial. Right. So there's one part because I believe in the ancient astronaut theory. So I believe that the gods literally came down from the sky, I don't think that's a myth, right? So when when we say okay, so this this lord came down from like for Mahendra Parvata, it's the mountain of Lord Indra.
(57:00) So my theory is that the Lord Indra literally came down from the sky at a certain point in time. It could have been 10,000 years ago. It could have been 15,000 years ago. It could have even been like a 100,000 years ago. So this part makes me very controversial. Um but this is not just what I say. This is what the ancient Indian texts say.
(57:22) >> Which which ancient Indian texts? >> Almost all the ancient Indian texts say this with no apology. And again that that's that's what I do too. I don't apologize for this. Yes, I believe in multiple gods. I am polytheistic as a Hindu. I'm not gonna whitewash that. I'm not I'm not afraid of it.
(57:46) I'm not I'm not apologizing about it. I'm very proud to say that yes, I believe in multiple gods who came down from the sky. There's no problem with this. And if you read any ancient Indian text, this is this repeats again and again. So if you see the Vedas, so the Vedas are called aparaya because they what does the word aparusea mean? It means it's not created by humans.
(58:14) You understand? So again the text repeatedly say if you read the uh book of Shiva Purano okay this is an ancient text about Lord Shiva it clearly says Lord Shiva came from another planet called Shiva loco. If you read Vishnu Purana again this is a >> which we still have up there on our >> I do have that.
(58:37) Yeah I gave you the statue of Lua. Yes, I have another one man. I think this time I'm giving you a Buddha. >> Yeah. So, so yeah, if you if you look at the ancient text of Vishnu loca again, it clearly says that you know Lord Vishnu is in another planet and he comes you know to planet earth. This is not and today because of globalization in India because people are being pushed towards monotheism right this is like wearing pants people in India if they wear traditional clothes people are being looked down upon literally but that's nonsense
(59:17) you're you're free to wear whatever you want even I could wear traditional clothes and walk around there's nothing wrong with that it's up to you what you wear is your own belief you know, >> it's just judgment. >> Yeah. And then I mean it's basically like saying like you can't like if if you if a woman goes to Afghanistan like you know people kind of look down upon her if she's wearing like western clothes you know no like she should have the freedom to do whatever she wants right so the same thing with the religion but because of globalization
(59:49) people actually think like oh even the Hindus now they're thinking like no no no we believe that there is one god these are all various forms of the god but no the the ancient texts are very clear in clearly stating that we have multiple gods and most of these gods come down from the sky. Now this is very very similar.
(1:00:11) So within the Hindu faith, everyone agrees that that's what the texts say, but only a a subset take it literal, I guess, right? To literal, did I even say that word correctly? To to uh the gods coming down from heaven, I guess, right? Do I have that right? >> The texts clearly say this. The texts are clearly going to say this.
(1:00:31) Right? Now, what do like the modern people, a lot of people who feel very shy to tell you this, what do they do? They kind of beat around the bush and say, "No, no, maybe that's not what what they meant. Maybe that's not what the text meant. Maybe the text meant like he was in a mystical body and you know he was maybe the word did not mean a planet.
(1:00:54) Maybe that means another dimension. Maybe it doesn't mean like okay there was this god and that god. Maybe it was all just one god but they were taking multiple forms. So they fi they kind of find a way to apologize for it to see that you know the like it's all just one god because there is a massive push from like I don't know if you know this because Hinduism is basically the only religion left alive with kind of a polytheistic concept.
(1:01:23) I don't know if you if you know that like you can you can take all the the big religions of the world right so we got Christianity uh that's number one Islam that's number two Hinduism is number three and then they got Buddhism and then other religions kind of kind of there right even including Janism or you know Taoism all that stuff but actually this is the only Hinduism is the only religion that's actually very polytheistic like you have temples dedicated to a different god like every in every street corner you find a temple dedicated to
(1:01:58) one god in the and then another one in the next street. So we got multiple gods you know. So um and the text actually clearly stay say this. You know the the the the proper mental model to have is to say like think about for example the ancient Greek religion. They were a polytheistic culture. Like if you go to ancient Egypt that's a polytheistic culture.
(1:02:29) They got raw toad, they got Anubis, you know, if you go to ancient Greek, they got like Thor, they got Hercules, all the superheroes now, right? [laughter] But in but in India, we still got the same gods. The only thing is we still worship them for some reason, right? By some miracle, we are the only place where we have like a billion people who are able to still stick on to an ancient very ancient polytheistic religion, right? But but the world is not really happy with that, right? The entire world is kind of very upset about this. You
(1:03:11) know, what are these group of pagans doing this? you know they got they got they you can do whatever you want >> you can believe in whatever you want in India too so um they're very upset with that because they would like to kind of impose on us no there is one god and this is and like yeah if there's one god like why you know which is the right one you know first settle amongst yourself [laughter] and then come to us right but yeah we got this massive push but so when I come out and say it Um I do I I will get a lot of flack for this right
(1:03:46) because I believe I literally am coming out and saying no Hinduism is a very kind of a polytheistic religion right which believes in multiple gods I will worship multiple gods I will do certain rituals for certain gods on certain days I will do this I'm not I'm unapologetic about it right I'm very I'm very proud of it actually.
(1:04:15) So, so this is what makes me so controversial. I do get a lot of support from people who actually read ancient Indian texts. >> Okay. So, the reason why uh I do get a lot of support as even more than people who criticize me is because I'm getting support from people who are actually reading the ancient Hindu text because they know it's true. Okay.
(1:04:38) So, this makes me very controversial. But so that that so my question is just to put a number around the controversiality. So you you do identify as Hindu and and and but the the other controversial part of it was that you believe that that the gods came down from from heaven and came to earth. Yes. >> Right.
(1:04:57) And and that's the controvers that's one of the things that puts you into a smaller group than just full Hindus. So what percentage of Hindus uh believe as you do and what percentage don't are just saying uh it was just the text they they didn't really mean to say that >> I don't know I I I do not have the metric for it. >> Okay. >> Um I I would say what percentage of Christians go to the church in the US? >> Yeah.
(1:05:23) >> What percent do you think? >> Um very few. Uh probably very few. You know a lot go on Easter or whatever. Yeah. You know, and a lot of people have left Christianity, >> but the church doesn't allow them to take their name off of the list. >> So, the church still counts their number as a Christian.
(1:05:45) So, might be why Christianity is holding their numbers up so high because if people want to leave, they don't let them leave, you know? >> Probably true of many religions, man. Right. Even Hinduism. >> That was my experience anyway. >> Yeah. Even even Hinduism, too. I I would say there's a lot of people who just I I would say a lot of people like very much like like the US. Okay.
(1:06:04) Very much like the US. So I've gone to a lot of churches in the US, right? And like the most like the fun fun ones because they give you free buffet for breakfast on Sundays, but mostly they're kind of empty, right? So the same thing with India too. So, so now uh most people don't like don't have a need to go to the temples, right? So, you well, I mean, you have to kind of get bruised and battered in life to again go back to the the gods actually.
(1:06:36) Literally, that's what happens. So, when you're younger, you're happier. When you're in a good place, you don't need a god or gods. You don't need that actually. So most people tend to be atheists or agnostics when they're younger only when they uh or they believe in science which is hilarious to say you know they're supposed to understand the science but they believe in science as a kind of a [laughter] you know prosthetic uh leg right but as you grow older you start understanding you know um that it has its own limits right being a being an atheist or an
(1:07:10) agnostic or uh believe in scientism or science it it's not you know you're not going to be happy basically um you know and and the same thing with politics too I mean in the US you can literally see that most people start out as like left-wing people and as they become older and older slowly they start it's not everybody and I have you know no loyalty one way or the other even in India or in the US but it's just a natural progression you know when you're younger you tend to be more atheistic and then when you become older you tend
(1:07:45) to believe in some form of spirituality more. This is just a very common thing. Now just going back to uh the question um there are two parts which make me kind of controversial. One is a belief in the actual gods coming down from the sky and kind of like you know that's how how it's related to the ancient astronauts theory.
(1:08:10) So that makes me controversial. The second part is that I do believe that the temples are much older. Okay? I do not believe that the temples are dated properly. I do not believe they're dated properly in India. I do not believe they're dated properly in Cambodia. I do not believe they're dated properly in Egypt.
(1:08:32) I do believe that these structures are much older but only in India were able to have an approximate date for these structures. Now how is that? Because before the Europeans came and they kind of founded the archaeological survey of India, Indians had their own version of history. So if you go to a temple, you will get two versions of history.
(1:08:59) So you can walk into a temple today in India and you can talk to the priest who has heard the history of that temple from his father, from his grandfather for generations and he will say, "Oh, this temple is 5,000 years old. This was built around the time of Krishna." Okay? So you can go and and find another temple and he will be like, "Okay, this temple was built by the associate of Rama that goes back to a very long time ago.
(1:09:29) He will tell you a date that h that completely like makes no sense with the current timeline of the history books. You understand? So now why is this important right? Because India is the only place where we are practicing the ancient religion. Those priests still tell you the date of what they heard like from generations.
(1:10:02) they will be like okay so for example if you take a a temple like there is one particular temple called um um Akishetra for example it's actually a pyramid by the way it's a pyramid it's in India it's in a remote place in a in a in a city called BLI in the state of Uttar Pradesh there's it's actually a pyramid if you see the aerial view you'll notice that it's a nice pyramid in the middle of nowhere most people don't even go there Okay.
(1:10:33) Now, according to mainstream historians, it's it's only like a thousand years old or maybe a little bit older. But if you go and talk to the locals, they will say this was built during the time of Krishna, okay? I've literally gone there. I've talked to the locals. I've gone up on top. Again, that's a lingum on top of the pyramid, okay? And if you talk to the locals, the name of this is Aihetra, which was built around the time where Lord Krishna lived.
(1:11:09) That's about 5,000 years ago. So that is the history you will learn from the priest and the locals. But if you if you take a textbook and read the the dates, it'll be completely different. It'll be much much newer. Okay. So now I tend to say like like now my question is let's say archaeologists say this is 1,000 years old.
(1:11:34) Okay, let's just assume that. Now my question is how do they say that? Right? What is the actual evidence for that? If you look at the evidence they're presenting, it's kind of lame. >> Pull it up, Ryan. Let's let's see the evidence. >> Yeah, you can you can literally go to Wikipedia and say Ashishetra or what do they call it? They call it Beimas Gada and today, right? But if you if you see that, there's literally no evidence that's a stone structure.
(1:12:02) How are you going to date a stone structure? [snorts] >> Okay, so continuous habitation. Go back up. Continuous habitation. Earliest layers include okra colored pottery culture roughly 2,00 to,500 BCE. Well, that's a while ago. >> But that's not the actual site though. >> Oh, okay. >> That's just the surroundings.
(1:12:26) Look at that. It's very cleverly put sight overall. [laughter] >> Okay. But again, if you see the if you see the the dates, you can see that they're wildly changing it, you know. But the point is they would basically take like well, I mean, let's see pottery, right? How do they Okay, so they so they say painted, right? So they probably got that from the paint, >> right? >> Anybody could have painted it in that time period.
(1:12:53) >> Correct. And and the but I mean I'm not saying it's an easy job to be an archaeologist. It's one of the hardest ones ever, right? Because I mean look at you can't date the stone, >> right? >> And the stone is literally like millions of years old. Even if you carve it, the stone existed there for millions of years.
(1:13:13) So you're kind of stuck there, right? to understand this you and and think about this right so I inherit my greatgrandfather's house right so that's like 300 years old right so he gives me a 300-y old house and I'm I'm not taking it now I'm painting the walls obviously it's it's an old house I'm painting the walls with vegetable paint now an archaeologist comes along 50 years later and he wants to date that house is it.
(1:13:45) [laughter] >> Yep. He'll check your paint. >> That's how how scientific is that? >> So, what is this place all about? What is the What's the uh what's the what are the coolest features of this? >> It It's just a kind of a giant pyramid and on top of it there is a lingum. There's a stone lingum. Again, like most of the temples, it's a mystery why they needed to build a pyramid there and put it in the middle of nowhere.
(1:14:15) Again, this goes back to the Nagas, the Akishetra is is ties it back to the Nagas. And this is all related to the ancient text of Mahabharata which talks about Lord Krishna and you know the Pandavas and all those places. That's me by the way. See, that's how I used to look. >> And yeah, my mic stopped working there. But that's a lingum.
(1:14:40) That's a giant lingum there on top of it. >> And you can see around there's nothing. There's farmland, >> right? >> There's no houses or anything like that. It's just And most people don't and and I believe that a major part of the pyramid is also kind of underground. It's it's buried underground, too. Um but again it's not a traditional temple but it could be much um I believe that this to be honest with you I would say if I were running the archaeology department in India right if I'm running the archaeological survey of India I would advertise this as the
(1:15:20) oldest pyramid in the world not the dojo pyramid right that that's only 4,500 years old but this is actually 5,000 years old. It's a great way to market that place, but I don't think that they would do it, you know, because it's going to come off as like, you know, pseudo archaeology basically. Uh, so they dated to like what we saw is like even the whole area, they probably dated to what, like 500 BC or something like that. That's only 2,500 years old.
(1:15:50) But my timeline is double, literally double that site. So I believe that. So when you ask a question like that, if you ask a question about for example Egyptian pyramids and if you're asking this question to let's say Graham Hancock or somebody like that, so they would say no, we don't believe these are like 4,000 years old.
(1:16:13) We think these belong to kind of the dry ass younger dry ass period, you know, let's say 15,000 years old or something like that. That's probably the answer you're getting, right? Mhm. >> Just a wild assumption. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but I would say some of the experts are coming down and saying that, okay, I we think these are older and they're going back to like 12,000 to 15,000 years around the younger dry ass, you know, something like that.
(1:16:42) But in India, we have more evidence because the this structure is 5,000 years old. There will be another temple that's attributed to another god and that would go back 15,000 years. There would be another temple that goes back 25. So something like that because we have still preserved that oral history, right? It's not written down but the priest got us from his father and he got it from his father.
(1:17:16) So we have a variety of temples built in a variety of different timelines all over India and Southeast Asia. That's the answer that I was giving. But uh in my opinion, they all do not belong to one particular timeline, but most of them are older than what we read in history books. >> Yeah. Love it, man. Um let's get a bite to eat. Let's come back.
(1:17:42) Let's finish it off super strong with a couple of more incredible sites. I want to dive into a couple more incredible sites. First off, I we should say welcome back from lunch. Uh and you gave me over the lunch break one of the coolest gifts that any guest has given to me. So, thank you for that. I want to just have Ryan show a picture.
(1:17:59) This thing was handmade in India. And they're getting inside of this is made out of stone. We think marble or something like that. They're getting inside of the back of this um elephant with some kind of a hand drill and then they're carving another elephant within this elephant and then with that within that elephant there's potentially even something else that it's hard to even see.
(1:18:23) >> Yes. >> Uh it's incredible man and people are just doing this on the streets of India. >> Correct. Correct. So if you if you go to I got this from the ancient temples of Mahabalipuram. So this is an ancient site in India and uh even today if you go there you will find the sculptors who have lived there for centuries and they claim they've carved some parts of Mahabali Purum and you know um I'm sure you know you'll show the picture or video of the gift I gave you but it's like a it's like a stone elephant and
(1:18:59) there are holes in the back of the elephant and you can see inside that elephant and Inside the elephant there's another tiny little elephant and then that too has holes in the back. So there could be another elephant in there and this is all handcrafted in India. Now this is one of the reasons why archaeologists and historians actually say no no no all these temples were handcrafted because it's they're very skilled in carving.
(1:19:29) The Indians are very very skilled in carvings and and they do not go to like a school or college to learn. They just learn it from their dads who learned it from their dads and so on. So we had that generational fatherson teaching technique. >> That's cool. >> And you can still see those sculptures. I I got I got that from you know just outside the temples of Mahabalipur.
(1:19:54) And if you go to Mahabali and we do take people on uh to Mahabalum in our tour. Let's go there. You can Oh, yeah. You You should come. You would love it. You >> No, I mean on this show. On this show. [laughter] But But yeah, in person sometimes, too. >> You You would absolutely. And I'm sure everybody would because they they're carving some things like there would be a chain made of granite.
(1:20:16) Like a chain with links. All these links are made of granite. you can see them uh the older ones uh you know even with like mainstream archaeological accounts if Ryan can pull up the stone chains of uh Kipurum. >> I've seen this before. I didn't realize that this is from the same place that the elephant came from. >> Yes, it belonged to the same ancient civilizations.
(1:20:41) >> That's really cool. >> Yeah. Kipuram and Mahabalipuram they belong to the same ancient uh Palawa you know civilization basically >> and you can see like a stone chain made of and and it's funny because they're just hanging there. >> It's made of granite, one of the hardest rocks in the world. >> So what does the original rock look like? I mean what what are they how do they do that exactly? What's the [laughter] technique? Who knows? It's just Yeah.
(1:21:12) >> And it gets very interesting, V, because I mean, even like I said, you know, even by mainstream archaeological accounts. >> Yeah. >> This is 1,300 years old. >> Wow. That's a long chain. >> And if you if it get if you if you if you get lucky, if you if it's like a if if there's like a nice breeze, this the stone chain literally starts moving like that.
(1:21:36) If there's like a nice it's like a nice windy day, literally the rock moves. I mean you you think oh when you say you're my rock right it's like rocks don't move but rocks move in India [laughter] you know it's like the >> I wouldn't have guessed that I would have thought I would have thought that a little bit of wind wouldn't be able to move a granite chain >> if if it's if it's nice and windy if it's it's about to rain if you get strong winds it moves >> okay >> it moves yeah if you're lucky you can see I I've seen it it's it's fantastic
(1:22:05) to see a rock move >> that's really cool [laughter] that's really cool And many temples have moving parts. Do you know this? Like many temples of India have rotating moving parts. They are hidden. They'll just look like a pillar, but they literally rotate. >> I've seen I've seen Yeah, I've seen some of that.
(1:22:26) I've for sure you've talked about some of that stuff. Does this chain have a purpose or like are they just doing it just to show that they can do it? Well, well, I mean, if you talk to some of the locals, I found these stone chains in Kipuram, in Hampy. In Hampy, when I spoke to some of the locals, they say at the very end, you can see kind of a tiny little holder.
(1:22:47) You see at the bottom uh there there's like a tiny little holder. And once upon a time they put a crystal lingum at the like a tiny like almost like half an inch tiny little crystal lingum inside that holder. Now we and sometimes they call it like the atma lingum. I noticed that they were like there was like a crystal atma lingum put in the holder at the bottom and we don't know what purpose they could have served.
(1:23:17) I am a big believer in thinking that everything had a purpose. I mean this is the logical way of thinking you know I mean I I find it particularly demeaning to say that >> these things were just done uh you know out of superstition or people wanted to applaud for them or ceremonial that's the label they put on everything and you can just dismiss it as whatever who who know it's kind of like who knows basically when you say ceremonial it's kind of like hey >> I don't really know >> but I mean yeah the mainstream textbooks, but it's kind of like a
(1:23:53) really weird thing. And and I mentioned this to people, you know, if if you walk into my house and I'm drilling a hole in the wall. You don't think I'm doing it for ceremonial purposes, right? You're thinking I'm going to like maybe hang up a picture or like mount a TV or something like that.
(1:24:10) It has to have a purpose, right? Our actions have purposes. But when it comes to all these kinds of like very interesting things, people just dismiss them as like, "Oh, no. This is just artistic work, you know. And yeah, >> I [snorts] thought maybe they were hanging the the uh the the thieves and the whatever from these [laughter] things.
(1:24:30) Like >> I I doubt if they would hold the weight. Um but but nevertheless, I find it very very interesting that they could have these uh kind of stone chains and they do a lot of like kind of this like the stone chain is it kind of >> can can you reach these? Can you pull up or can you >> you uh if you climb up a little bit and reach, you can touch >> this chain, but nobody touches because it's kind of considered like a >> Yeah. Yeah.
(1:25:01) >> Uh >> but it's been done in in 2,000 years. I mean, somebody's held on to it. Some kid has jumped up there or some adult, I'm sure. So, I'm sure >> they got to be able to hold people, though, I would say. Maybe. I mean, if they've lasted this long, they got to be able to hold people. But, but that's freaking amazing.
(1:25:18) I just wonder like was the original block of stone itself, did it go all the way down to the floor or was it shorter than the actual chain? Cuz depending on how they made it, you could see it going either way. >> I I would say that that chain on the left is kind of intact because it has a holder at the very bottom and you can see the circular links at the top, >> but at the bottom you can see that that's a different piece.
(1:25:43) That's probably the bottom piece. And if you go like if you shine a flashlight in the bottom piece, it has like it's like a holder. You can put something in there. >> Yeah. Yeah. I guess so. My my comment or question or whatever it was was about like the original when they first cut and created this chain out of a block of stone.
(1:26:06) It would have been one block of stone that would have created this chain. So, it's not like they're piecing together different stones. They're they've created they're so they're starting with like one probably cylindrical block of chain and then it's like how do they're they're cutting out various pieces so that they kind of detach from each other.
(1:26:24) But yes, >> would that chain have been >> if if if the current chain stretches to uh 4t tall or whatever, would that cylinder have been 10t long or would have been three feet long? You know, >> in in some places it would have been a longer chain and I'm sure um in in places like Humpy you can see that they've completely removed the whole stone chain. They've damaged it.
(1:26:48) But perhaps even 10 ft even 20 ft long stone chains at one point. >> In some places you find it even more more weird. Uh like they are saying that some of the stone chains uh see how they're moving. >> Oh yeah. Yeah. >> If you had to guess the mile per hour of the wind that causes it to move like that, what would you say? 10 miles per hour or would you say like 40? >> Uh 10 miles per hour is probably good.
(1:27:19) >> Yeah. Yeah. Okay. >> Yeah. >> Oh, that's interesting cuz they must weigh what? You know, probably 60 pounds or something >> maybe. But I think it's just the like, you know, because they've carved it, right? So if I take a giant block of of granite and kind of made it into a ball, it would just literally roll because of the shape.
(1:27:44) Same thing with the chain, you know. Yeah, it is made of stone, but they've literally made it into a chain. So the kind of the air goes in and around it and it kind of the center of gravity, even with the slight nudge of the wind, the center of gravity is altered, so it starts moving, right? >> Yeah. Yeah. The weight doesn't really factor in.
(1:28:02) >> Yeah. >> But Well, that's cool. That's cool. What else at this place? Anything else at this site? >> Oh yeah, there there is one place called the Krishna's butter ball. Uh where we're taking them to this place and and the entire uh if you Google Krishna's butter ball, Ryan, you'll find a very strange stone.
(1:28:27) Uh again you know um Mahabalipuram is not just India is not just about the temples like it's not about the just the carvings and statues. You'll have like weird things like that. >> Wow. >> It's standing almost on like a one or two feet >> Wow. >> base. This is called Lord Krishna's butter ball. And it's and they've at one once upon a time they they put like more than a dozen elephants to push it off the slope because they and they couldn't do it >> really.
(1:29:04) >> Yeah. And right next to it you can see carvings of what looks like a rocket ship. Uh you can see giant like drilling technology. What? >> Serious? >> Where are those Ryan? You got to [laughter] find these man. Go to like Ganesha Mandaba. Yeah, you Yeah, you do. If you see it, you literally think of a rocket ship.
(1:29:33) If you say Ganesha Mandaba, >> the fact that that thing's just sitting there [laughter] is crazy enough by itself, but to not be able to move it with 12 elephants >> and see what's on the top. If you Google that, you'll literally see a rocket ship there, by the way, on the top. If you zoom there, that literally will look Yeah, there you go.
(1:29:55) It's kind of literally look like a rocket ship there. >> Again, known as of Mimmana, by the way. >> So, you go back to that uh this whole place, Mahabalipurum. Uh again, mainstream archaeologists say 1,300 years old. uh full of strange details like flying ships um kind of these anti-gravity rocks, stone chains, um hidden carvings of giant uh monolithic structures, the uh perhaps the world's largest relief structures with the naga with acoustic chambers where you can walk in and chant mantra like all you have to do is like you say
(1:30:40) M and then it just resonates in there. So got this whole place is full of insane. Yeah, that's >> Wow. >> Yeah, that's actually very large. You you it's >> it's it's very large that one. >> So it's full of places like this. So um I mean I've been I was I was born very close to this >> side.
(1:31:06) So I know this place kind of >> like backward, you know. >> Is it western? >> What >> where is it? Where is this? >> This is in the deep south of India. This is in the south of India. >> Okay. >> Um, Mahabalipuram is a group of monuments uh that stretch all the way to uh kind of like another 100 kilometers and everywhere you can see these carvings.
(1:31:31) The the gift I I got you is right outside this rel this this uh this one. >> And how tall is that wall right there? This one is pro I would say maybe 30 to 40t tall. >> Wow. >> Okay. 30 measuring 9 to6 ft by 43t tall. Okay. So 93 ft across 40t tall. So that's why I was right. >> Right. >> Yeah. >> Wow. >> Yeah. It it is it should be the the world's largest uh you know relief curving there. Ancient I would say.
(1:32:04) >> Yeah. Um, very fascinating. If you if you if you zoom in, I don't know if you can see the details of this, but but it has kind of like a lot of details, man. Like if you see um like some some even funny details, you know, ancient things. And um >> it's just crazy that hasn't been broken by anybody. >> A lot of this has been um kind of like like damaged a little bit. Yeah.
(1:32:31) >> Now if you see uh here like yeah that picture right. So if you see that picture uh on the right and if you zoom into that picture it gets very interesting because on the left left bottom you can see a guy doing this putting putting his hands about and he's in deep meditation. This is kind of an ancient Indian form of meditation.
(1:32:58) You kind of stand stand upright and you put your hands up and he's in deep meditation and everybody kind of worships him, right? But right opposite to him, do you see that there is a cat? >> It looks like he's like telling the elephant not to trample him or something though. Are people looking up at the elephant there or no? >> Yeah, that that Yeah, >> but but you see there's a cat there.
(1:33:21) You see that? >> Yeah. >> You see the cat doing the meditation? >> Yeah. >> You know why? Because see who's worshiping the cat right next to him? You see the mouse there? >> Yeah. Okay. >> You see the mouse right next to the cat? Like just right next >> I don't. [clears throat] >> Okay. Just zoom into the cat, Ryan.
(1:33:44) >> Oh, sure, sure, sure. Yep, I see it now. >> If you zoom into the cat Oh, >> yep. You can see that all the mouse is worshiping him and he's just trying to he's going to eat them. [laughter] >> Okay. Now, this was carved 1,300 years ago in what is supposedly a place of worship right next to an actual person who was meditating.
(1:34:16) You see how they just did not care like they had a sense of humor, right? So, the cat is kind of pretending to be a saint and the and all the rats are worshiping the cat and the cat is just going to eat them. >> That's pretty cool. >> Yeah, >> that's pretty cool. And and like you can see at the bottom right be between the the cat and the humans on this side you can see a cobra that's coming out of the ground.
(1:34:50) Right? That is clearly a snake. That is a cobra coming out of you know the underground. Right? And but look at at the top that snake is transforming right and this is this is the whole idea of the naga theory you see that's half kind of that's a half female human female humanoid female >> okay >> with the half and on top you will see a half man if you go to the very top yeah there you go >> so do Do you feel like that this age is correct that they have on this? >> No.
(1:35:31) >> No. Okay. So, how old do you feel like it is? >> I I would say it's easy 5,000 years old, but it's probably even 12,000 dry as No. No. Dry ass [laughter] >> time period. >> Okay. Okay. >> Okay. >> Gotcha. It's just a lot of the features on some of it just seem like sharp and point.
(1:35:55) It for me it feels like if this was 12,000 years old it would be more beat up in cases. You you'd feel like the age and the weathering on some of the stuff like it seems like some of them has you know not not very dull features pretty sharp features. >> Okay. Well well yeah this is a very good question there. That's a that's a very solid question.
(1:36:15) Now what really happened with the archaeology department especially before uh India got its independence was that a lot of this was kind of retouched and renovated [clears throat] by British archaeologists. >> Okay. >> Whenever they found it like there was like a little bit of like broken parts or you know if they were like fading away [snorts] they retouched it to make it look better. So and this is the real problem.
(1:36:41) I mean they still do it now but they kind of make a mark saying that this is a new addition >> but the older structures never had this the you know the archaeologists would literally kind of kind of recreate some of the features if they feel like some of the things are fading away like the elephant's ear that elephant's ear is like it's almost like brand new it was probably retouched touched like 50 years ago or something like that. Okay.
(1:37:15) So, they would kind of retouch it and they do acid they do a process called like I mean the locals call it acid washing. They put chemicals on top of them to remove all the moss and lychen and you know all kind of erosion and things like that. So they kind of they wash this monument every six months with that with some chemicals there.
(1:37:38) And what what about this specific one makes you feel like it's it's older? >> Just from what I've heard now, I I traditionally don't subscribe to the the mainstream numbers >> [snorts] >> um because I understand kind of the history of history itself, right? So So if you look at um like how they started to date these monuments at that time like 200 300 years ago, right? at that time when they were trying to date all the monuments of the world, it's not just India but uh when they wanted to date like Egypt and India and Greece and China at that time
(1:38:18) uh basically it was just Europeans running the entire world. Egypt was a colony of some country. India was a colony of of the you know England and uh Cambodia was taken over by French you know and then you know some some were by Dutch and so on and so forth. So at that time when they were trying to establish you know the history books and they were trying to create like mainstream history and archaeology they truly believed that the entire planet was just 6,000 years old.
(1:38:52) At that time that was the belief that nobody could override. So if you said this structure was more than 6,000 years old, people just went rolling, you know, were rolling on the floor laughing because they had assumed that, you know, the whole place was just 6,000 years old.
(1:39:13) So anybody who said that, you know, these structures were older were just like they thought this was crazy. And then so they had like a kind of a timeline of 6,000 years old and they and they wanted to put certain civilizations in certain timelines because they did not have like any other way of doing it. So they would put for example the Egyptians very old.
(1:39:37) They would put the Greek and the Romans and then India like they they probably dated like they probably thought that India had nothing just before like 2500 years before. So they wanted to put everything in that timeline and I think this is a big problem there you know. >> Yeah. And the dating is tricky, right? There's no fundamental like to be honest with you I I would say none of the dates are done with like very strong evidence.
(1:40:13) >> Okay. >> Carbon dating is you know yeah what are your thoughts on on that specifically? >> I I would say that may they may hold some water if it's very strong evidence. Okay. So for example, let us say somebody built an entire temple, right? So let's say they somebody built a large granite temple, right? And let us say they they were digging underneath the main tower of the temple, right? They were just digging underneath the main tower of the temple.
(1:40:48) And it's got no holes or anything like that, but they were somehow digging underneath the main tower of the temple. And let's say they found u a piece of like multiple pieces of charcoal as a religious reason, then you could take that as solid evidence, right? Because there's no way somebody was going to going to dig underneath the main structure just to put some charcoal.
(1:41:14) So you could agree to the fact that somebody was doing it before they started the construction of the temple. Right? In that case, I would agree that that radiocarbon dating is probably accurate. But the whole idea of like, okay, we found some piece of charcoal outside the temple, that makes no sense.
(1:41:33) Anybody could have put it for any reason. You know, somebody could have been doing like a campfire, right? >> You know, like that could be thousand years later than the temple's timeline or they they always do this vegetable paint in India. They could have painted what many millennia after the temples were done. We do this all the time.
(1:41:54) I mean, when was the last time you painted your house? You probably did the last five years ago or something like that. >> We do this all the time. >> Last week, the garage floor. The garage last week. Yeah. >> Your house I I'm going to date your house to like a week old. It's a brand new house, Matt. >> It's 20.
(1:42:09) >> That's scientifically correct. >> And nobody argue with me. [laughter] >> Right. Right. Right. >> Right. Yep. But but yeah so so case by case you know things differ sometimes it may be true if it's if there it is a strong evidence you know if you have real uh carbon dating in like the core of the temple it may be accurate but for the most part people just find some random they're almost they can't wait to just put a timeline on it because they're under pressure right so they just come up with any numbers.
(1:42:47) >> Where do you see the most proof of this? Like if you if you go and you look at one site in one specific area of of the world, like what what's the best evidence that points to this older date as the reality as opposed to um the the current mainstream explanation? I would say maybe Ankorwat. >> Yeah, >> I would say Ankorwat temple.
(1:43:20) Um I would say I mean mainstream archaeologists say it's about 900 years old. But when you go in there you find details that don't like kind of add up. One of the details you do see in the Cambodian temples is that you will see an elephant with four tusks. Okay. Um, but initially I thought it was just a sculptor's mistake to be honest with you because Ankorwat is the largest temple in the world and you see that they're carving they have lots of carvings carvings that literally stretch for like almost you know half a mile
(1:44:00) and you can see an elephant with uh with four tusks. And I thought the sculptor made a mistake, but you can see it in other places too. It would be a complete mistake if we hadn't found elephants like extinct elephants with four tusks. Okay. Uh yeah. So, [snorts] two tusks on this side and two two tusks on the other side.
(1:44:30) >> Oh, it's seeing. >> Yeah. >> Where's the elephant? That's elephant strong. Oh, there we go. Right. Yeah. Thank you. When did those go extinct? >> Um now they're getting very confused about this. >> Yeah. >> Um um originally they said it was millions of years ago. Uh now they're saying that uh you know these elephants were found even 65,000 years ago.
(1:45:05) Um but still nothing like it's like uh 900 years ago or you know uh 2,000 years ago or something like that. Again the um you can see uh these carvings again repeated over and over. Yeah, it's pretty pretty interesting for sure. >> Yeah. Yeah. >> And and and people have if you go to Indonesia um you can actually find this four tus elephant not alive in the museums.
(1:45:40) They found the actual the entire skeleton with four tusks >> um in the museums of Indonesia. Today we say Indonesia, Cambodia, but once upon a time they were all part of the same civilization basically. Uh so I I would say Yeah. Yeah. There you go. >> It's got two more under there. >> So yeah, something like that. So uh I I would say this is one of the evidences of like and then if you look at the ancient text of Ramayana in India yeah these are called gmpathers the
(1:46:24) fortus there are variety of fortust elephants that existed once this is just one kind of looks different >> but there some elephants just look like elephants with four tus they're just generally called gmpathers Okay. Yeah. And again um it was mentioned in the ancient Indian text of Ramayana where uh you know they go to uh uh Lanka and then they see the four tusked elephant.
(1:46:55) So now and of course you know this Ankorbad is a ancient Hindu temple by the way. It's the largest Hindu temple in the world. It's the largest religious monument in the world period by the way. It's three times the size of the Vatican City itself. It's that big. So if you go there Yeah. >> But it's not a Hindu temple if it's more than 4,000 years old, right? >> Why? >> Well, you think so how far or more than how many What's the number? What's the When did Hinduism start? >> It has no beginning.
(1:47:27) >> Oh, okay. Interesting. >> It was not founded by anybody. It's >> it wasn't founded >> by >> anybody unlike >> okay would the beginning have been when the um when the gods came to earth >> correct so they're literally saying the beginning it was like >> you know the text like Vedas and you know punish and all that stuff but yeah Hinduism doesn't have like a founder >> right >> it was just you know >> but it would have begun on earth at some date we just don't know the date but is there like a best estimate by
(1:48:02) um by the faith. >> Oh no. I mean it goes back to like hundreds of thousands of years ago literally. Right. If you if you look if you see that it goes like hundreds of Yeah. It has no founder or starting date. >> Right. >> Right. And this and again you know this is one of the reasons why it's so kind of multiaceted.
(1:48:25) We don't believe in like one thing because there is no founder right? Right? So Buddhism was founded by Lord Buddha and let's say Christianity was founded by Jesus. Right? But Hinduism like it doesn't have any and same you could you could argue this about the Egyptian religion as well. >> Like who founded the Egyptian religion, right? >> I don't Jesus Jesus didn't found the Christian religion either though.
(1:48:51) >> Okay. >> You know. >> Okay. Who do you think did? >> Um the church. >> Okay. It was basically spread by the apostles and then the believers after that, right? So, but if you just go back to, you know, like whoever, you know, we we know the whole idea, they they went and they were martyrs and they were trying to spread it, right? >> But the apostles were alive during the time of Jesus, but the church I mean the the religion wasn't a thing until over a hundred years after Jesus.
(1:49:21) >> Correct. Correct. I agree. Maybe even much more later. Yeah. >> Right. But the same thing with Buddhism as well. Like it wasn't like Lord Buddha said, "Okay, just name it after me and create a religion like that." No, he didn't say that. He was just saying this is a this is the right way to to live your life.
(1:49:39) This is the best way to attain enlightenment. But then people followed him and then other people followed those followers. But it all goes back to Lord Buddha, right? >> So same thing with Christianity. It wasn't like Jesus founded as saying like, "Okay, you know, let's start a religion, right? But then his followers all go go go back to Jesus basically, right? So that so you you would you could argue that in essence, you know, he was a starting point of Christianity.
(1:50:10) But Hinduism doesn't have that. Hinduism does not go back to one person. It literally has no one, you know, kind of, you know, laying the foundations of it, >> right? and and this puts it as at like a very big advantage as well as other disadvantages because it doesn't have a form. It it's very multiaceted.
(1:50:32) It's uh it's not even a real it's not a kind of an organized religion. >> You understand? So that uh and this is one of the reasons why India was never converted to other religions completely. Right? So for example again you know there's nobody in Greece worshiping the Greek gods there probably some I I met some by the way but very small pockets but there's nobody in Egypt worshiping you know raw and toad but but India is able to do that because they did not have an organized religion you know and and I was telling uh Hajj uh recently
(1:51:11) bitcoin is based on Hinduism that's the title man that's the title for the >> [laughter] >> for his podcast or you know for your podcast. Bitcoin [snorts] is based on Hindu principles or cryptocurrency. Now why do I say this? Because it's not centralized. It doesn't have one central leader. Right? If I had to take out Christianity, if somebody wanted to defeat Christianity, the easiest way is not to just go and convert everybody.
(1:51:44) The easiest way is to take out the pope. People have done tried to do this in the past, right? So if the if you know that this is the founder, right? This is the main church, this is the main mosque that that is where all the command comes from, you can go to that central position and you can take those monuments out and you can take the leaders out, right? And then you destroy the entire religion, right? But and you can see this in Constantinople right this is how you know the ancient pagan religion was essentially replaced by
(1:52:19) Christianity right you just go straight to the king and you convert the king >> and the subjects would soon follow right but in Hinduism we don't have anybody like that we like you anybody can claim to be a religious leader anybody can claim to be a devotey you know it's very is no centralized form of religion.
(1:52:43) You come there and you attack one temple. These guys go to the jungles and they build 10 temples, [laughter] >> you know, and they would worship whatever. So, so there's no way of eradicating that. And the same problem is, you know, the governments um now they're forced to accept cryptocurrency, right? Like they're forced to accept Bitcoin because initially they were trying to just suppress that technology, right? But it has no central like if it's it was just coming from one bank or one country they could go and destroy it right but it's a very decent
(1:53:17) decentralized thing that that you know I could do that transaction you could do it right so there's no way to get rid of it even if they did people would just run it from the underground >> same thing with Hinduism so Hinduism doesn't have any like actual founder we do not have and it's very unique about it by the It's very unique from uh the rest of the religions because uh Hinduism is a very I I suspect that there would be other religions like Native Americans for example uh who are still doing some of this but it's very
(1:53:53) decentralized. It's very kind of internal you know. >> Gotcha. Gotcha. Cool. Um do you know Nilla Shoke? Nilla Shoke? Yeah. Yeah. What are your I'm I'm interviewing him tomorrow. >> Oh nice. >> Yeah. Yeah. [laughter] So, um it's just randomly timing that that you guys are back to back.
(1:54:12) But, um how do you guys differ and how do you guys how are you guys similar? >> I to be honest with you, and most people don't know this, I have not watched any of his videos. I just know that sometimes he pops up on my um you know, when we're discussing, he just pops up. >> Yep. >> On the thing. But to be honest with you, I don't watch YouTube videos at all.
(1:54:31) Like I I don't I I never watch >> I'm not on social media unless I have to go there and I'm actually kind of mining for some information. If I'm literally trying to find some information, I would go on social media and I would and I would look, but I've never >> um I mean, no disrespect to him, obviously. I'm sure he's a great guy.
(1:54:59) Um, but I've never watched any of his uh videos, but he must be kind of very much related to this because uh, you know, I think he talks about the the timelines and things like that. >> Yep. Okay, cool. Cool. Yeah, I look forward to uh learning more about him tomorrow. I haven't seen much of his stuff either.
(1:55:20) I just know my audience has requested him repeatedly over the last couple years. So, yeah, we finally made the date happen. But, >> um, well, cool. Well, what do you have coming up? What's what's happening with you in the future? >> Uh we're we're doing a lot of work. Uh this has been the busiest ever year ever for me.
(1:55:38) Uh last year I thought that was the busiest year. Um but 2026 uh is very busy because we started doing tours. >> Uh we're doing a tour in India September. I'm I'm think this is the first tour in India and I'm thinking it's going to be amazing. And we're I'm doing another tour in November in Thailand with Paul Wallace. >> Yep. >> And I'm doing another tour in December.
(1:56:04) We're going to spend the new year in Cambodia. We're going to go to the Ankor Wat Temple. We're going to look at the pyramids and we're going to look at the four tus elephants, all that stuff. >> Nice. >> Uh so this year is packed with lots of tours. Uh I have conferences. I have one conference in the UK.
(1:56:22) you know this I just came from u uh an England tour where I was in the Stonehenge and all those places. So we have done we have we're doing lots of tours uh this year and I think next year as well um because uh you know we noticed that uh people want to come to these temples and uh look and touch and you know just see the carvings and the structures like in person right so like so far you're you're watching them on YouTube or Instagram or Facebook But it's kind of like you're you're looking at like a nice juicy burger and it just
(1:57:04) been kind of drooling at it. It's one thing to just look at it like on a screen, but it's another thing to take a bite of that juicy burger. So there's a lot of people like that and and I I mean I've been I'm very much engrossed in the ancient temple research. I really love the ancient temples.
(1:57:26) Uh so I did not want to kind of be very sociable and do the tours but lots of people have repeatedly said no this is this is not a good idea. You have to take people there and show them you know they can touch the carvings. They can literally feel you know the temples and the and the carvings. It's it's it'll it's an amazing experience.
(1:57:49) And and what I noticed to my surprise is that uh when we had when we did this podcast almost like a year and a half ago or two years ago, I do I was not doing tours. I was not doing tours at all. I would go to the temples by myself and with with my team and we document the carvings. What I noticed was I need to do these tours to help people.
(1:58:19) The people literally it was like therapy for them. The people would come with like some form of depression, some form of like physical ailment. They or they needed some kind of cleansing and the temples literally heal them. And I I I find this very fascinating because uh um they don't they it's not why they come, right? They're just coming there.
(1:58:45) But after 3 or 4 days of like visiting temples every day, they become kind of like a changed person, which is which is amazing. You can literally see that they're no longer dipperous. They're they're becoming very chatty. You know, the person who was very introverted is now very chatty. The person who couldn't climb up like a few flight of stairs for the first two days is now climbing the entire pyramid.
(1:59:11) No problem. you know and they're very they become very so very happy and blissful. So the temples do have some healing qualities to them. Uh and I and I and it really touched me because I I I think it's it's kind of a great uh thing to do to take these people to ancient temples, you know. >> Yeah, that's cool.
(1:59:33) So that's kind of your focus then for the immediate future. I mean, the, you know, the podcast circuit is one thing, but but to really connect with people out there and to have that experience with them and to show them these places in person is more meaningful anyway. So, that's awesome that you're focusing on that. That's cool. Um, well, good. Good.
(1:59:50) So, anything else that you um were, you know, interested in chatting about today while you were in town? Was there anything else that was, you know, uh, big on your list? anything uh exciting or mystifying or intriguing or anything else that we didn't cover yet that the audience might want to know about? >> Um I I think we covered everything.
(2:00:09) I think I think we did a good we did good. >> Good. Good. All right. Well, excellent. Well, uh Praine, it's it's always great to chat with you, man. I love the the uh the vibe that you bring. Always with you. You're always positive, upbeat, happy, smiling, whether you're talking to me and we've had several conversations now over the last three years.
(2:00:28) But or but or when I see you interacting with other people, it's always a positive, upbeat spirit and uh so the way that you your work's really cool and the sites that that you go out and you check out are super cool anyway, but the way that you kind of carry yourself and go about your work is uh meaningful and impactful um because you know there's uh you don't have to choose to be um you know positive, uplifting, and uh you know you know so um it's good that uh it's good that you're doing what you do and it's good that you're doing it how you do it. And so just keep up
(2:00:59) the great work. Your channel is obviously very successful, well over 2 million subscribers now and uh and growing and so um wish you all the best and hope to reconnect with you again in the future. >> Thank you for having me, man. It's always a pleasure to see you, man. >> Yep. Awesome. Awesome. Very good.
(2:01:16) We'll wrap with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment