Where Does Your School Fee Really Go? Smt. C. Ramadevi Explains
Author Name:Yellow Slate Schools
Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@YellowSlateSchools
Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kce_VMFgN44
Title: Where Does Your School Fee Really Go? Smt. C. Ramadevi Explains
Author Name: Yellow Slate Schools
Description: Are we judging a school by its resort-like campus and smart boards… while missing where the fees actually go and who's really being valued inside the classroom?
In this episode, Smt. C. Ramadevi, a national award-winning educator who has served as a teacher, principal, and now director at Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, Hyderabad, breaks down what parents often overlook when picking a school — from where their fee money truly goes to CCTV surveillance, discipline, and why teaching is losing its best talent.
🎧 Before you judge a school by its brochure, this conversation is worth hearing.
🔔 Subscribe to Yellow Slate for unbiased school reviews, parent conversations, and educator insights across Hyderabad.
📌 Chapters:
00:00 - Introduction
01:36 - Meet Smt. C. Ramadevi
02:31 - Fancy campuses vs trust-run schools
07:09 - Why parents shift from government to private schools
10:14 - Where does the ₹5 lakh fee go
15:20 - What parents must do at home
25:31 - The CCTV surveillance debate
27:09 - Kerala court ruling on corporal punishment
32:11 - Why brilliant students avoid teaching
48:10 - Where should the fee actually be spent
56:03 - Winning the National Award and closing
#YellowSlate #SchoolFees #ParentingTips #TeacherRespect #HyderabadSchools #CBSEEducation #BhartiyaVidyaBhavan
Transcript:
(00:00) We're joined by Srimati C. Ramadevi, a national award-winning educator. She has served as a teacher and principal [music] at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Hyderabad. She has also been honored with the CBSE Best Teacher Award and the Jindal [music] Award for Best Teacher. >> The parent spent 5 lakhs in the school for the fees.
(00:21) Where is that 5 lakhs going? It has gone to infrastructure? It has gone to the maintenance? Or it is going to the pocket of the management? >> The school is actually a non-profitable organization in India. >> They are earning so much of money and all these >> It's a debatable question. No teacher has the right to even insult a child.
(00:39) Forget about raising the hand. >> Where the parent also is not shouting, where the grandparents Amma, Ayya, you know, the way they pamper. You leave the child, he'll get up, he'll sit somewhere, nobody is watching, so he'll get up and go away. But we are we are loving. No. Therefore, the law must have come. We have a beautiful library, but we are not reading books.
(00:56) >> Parents want 24 hours surveillance that they can see in CCTV footage. >> But few of the teachers, when I spoke to them, it looks like as if we've been watched. >> Anybody on the earth, if somebody is observing, we feel uncomfortable. >> Low-income people like farmers, drivers, trying to move their children from government school to the private >> Because of globalization, they have come to know the importance of education.
(01:22) He wants that recognition. >> That's why that shift is there. School is really good if it functions very well without nobody observing them. >> Welcome to Yellow Slate Podcast. I'm your host, Deepthi Raj. Today, we're joined by Srimati C. Ramadevi, a national award-winning educator with over four decades of experience in Indian education.
(01:56) She has served as a teacher and principal at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Hyderabad. And currently serves as director coordination at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. She has also been honored with the CBSE Best Teacher Award and the Jindal Award for Best Teacher. After four decades of watching education evolve, she has seen what happens inside schools beyond the buildings, the branding, and the fee structure.
(02:24) So, today we're going to get to the heart of it. What actually makes a school good? What are parents really paying for? And what truly makes a difference to a child? Good morning, ma'am. >> Good morning. >> The new age schools have the fancy campuses. It looks literally like a resort.
(02:48) Whereas, the trust-run schools do not have any of this. But, the parents are literally in queues for the admissions. Where do you think the difference is between these two schools, ma'am? >> If you take India's population, 30% of the population may be the middle class. About 10 to 15% may be the high class, high income group.
(03:07) And the remaining percentage, about 50 to 60% may be the very low income. So, mostly the low income group may choose schools like government schools or the newly coming up private schools where they can afford a little bit of fees there. The trust-run schools, the parents who are in middle class, usually they'll be sending to that because they can't afford to send their children to where the school fees is very, very high.
(03:30) Though they have high fee structure, why this set of people are going is because they can afford. And these parents must have come into this particular position because of their hard work or whatever it is what they must have seen the struggles what their parents have done and what how they struggle. So, they don't want their children to suffer.
(03:51) So, they want to give full comfort to the children. So, they may select such schools. But, what's happening is because of globalization, every parent wants the best in education. Whether it's from low-income group or that awareness has come. See, nowadays drivers' children or the carpenters' children or anybody, your farmers' children, though government is providing free education, the strength has come down totally.
(04:15) I have seen in my village, where I used to go and I have adopted one school there. 500 children were there few years back. Now, it has come to 130. Why it has come down? Because they're comparing these schools with the chota mota private schools which have come up nearby. So, the shift is from there to the small private schools.
(04:34) They're charging less fees, but whatever company they want the children to speak in English. So, the shift has come there. All these are all private schools, whether high high fee schools or trust schools are all private schools. So, from there the shift has come to trust schools. So, already the trust schools have a big number. So, from here also the children are coming there for admission because they charge low fees and infrastructure facilities also are not bad.
(04:59) And high fee schools also, the parents where they send, if they want their children to be rooted, when they want to be grounded, and they know the difficulties what they have passed to come up to that level, they want the children also to have that kind of a exposure. So, they may send their children to these trust schools also.
(05:19) So, more population is towards trust run schools because they want all kinds there. So, it is basically parental awareness and the income. These trust run schools or I have seen children after coming to eighth class or ninth class, yes, my child now got all the roots there. He knows the values and all about that school. Once a parent enters into the school, whether they're giving quality education or not.
(05:42) See, in trust run schools also, they give importance to quality education and all, but sometimes it may not happen in other schools. Same way in high fee structure schools also, they want to give the best. But in some schools they want only the money, but they don't pay the salaries to the teachers. So, they may not be giving a quality education. So, it varies.
(05:59) But whoever is starting the school, what I feel is they may give best infrastructure in the world, best everything of the best, AC buses, or whatever it is. But the quality of education should not be deteriorated. The teaching learning has to take place in the school. The values have to be given to the children.
(06:21) With these values, you give comforts, there's no harm. But that should not be given more preference than the quality education. So, we can't differentiate those schools are giving these. Everybody wants their children to be the best. Everybody wants their school to be the best. But how they're giving is a big question mark.
(06:40) Unless the child enters the school, unless the parent really goes into it and sees, none of us can see. What is visible isn't seen. What is invisible is inside the parent and the child. >> Ma'am, you were talking about low income people like farmers, drivers, trying to move their children from government school to the private and then to trust fund schools.
(07:03) The shift, is it happening because the parents want better education? They feel that these schools, the expensive ones, or where they pay a little more, is the education better there than the government schools? >> Because of globalization and what these parents hear from either the media or anything, they have come to know the importance of education.
(07:26) And wherever they are working, they must have felt that importance is not given to them. They're seeing them as the the bosses are seeing them as carpenters or scavengers or anything. Whereas other people are giving, so they're watching. So, they don't want their children to be like that. A carpenter may be earning more than that.
(07:45) He may come home and charge 1,000 rupees or 1,500 or any He's not bothered about that, but he wants his son to be educated and to be in some position where he is getting more salary. He wants that recognition. So, that's why that shift is there. Though they are not able to pay, they beg, borrow, or like where I worked, I know some of my IAS children or drivers' children, they used to come and beg, "Madam, please give admission to my son.
(08:10) " And sometimes they may ask me to pay the fees or sometimes they ask some other people, but somehow they'll make their children study in those schools because they feel that they get right kind of an education with less amount of uh fees. In India, education is every child's right. The school is actually a non-profitable organization in India.
(08:32) When we are talking about non-profitable organization, what is the one driving force for the founder of any school to make it big or make it recognizable? They are earning so much of money in all these schools. >> That's true. >> But somewhere the lack of education in the roots is missing. What do you feel, ma'am? >> So, first is why they are starting they should be clear in their mind and that should be given importance.
(09:02) Any business why they start they want to make money. >> Yeah. >> So, in this also, see suppose like the trust schools or the so-called high-fee structure schools also, if they have started long back, they already have invested and then they have come up to some level. But the new age schools which are coming up, they have to purchase the land, they have to build the whole infrastructure, they have to pay salaries to the teachers, repairs, maintenance, and all those things, blah blah blah, everything will be there.
(09:29) So, when you start a school, to what kind of category you have to see and accordingly you have to spend on the school. You have to check up what is your revenue and according to the revenue, how much you're spending and how much is the surplus. But, there are rules. Legally, that they can't make money.
(09:47) School should not start to make money. Are you paying to the teachers according to the government scales? Previously, they used to say teacher salaries are very low, but as per the government state or central teachers are salaries are very good, but are they paying? Are they showing this much in the book? Whether they're paying that much.
(10:04) So, whose duty is that? It is audit department. It is the government to have to check. See, they know. The parent goes and says, "I've spent 5 lakhs in this school for the fees." Where is that 5 lakhs going? It has gone to infrastructure? It has gone to the maintenance? It has gone to the teacher salaries? Or it is going to the pocket of the management? >> Correct.
(10:21) >> So, that we have to check up and then we have to then once the parent realizes why that shift is there, see, in these schools, if we join in LKG, they complete only in 10th or 12th. >> Correct. >> Once the plus two has started, they complete in 12th. Whereas, in these schools sometimes, I'm not saying all, in some of the schools, you jump from one to school to the other with one year itself, they shift because they have money from this school to that school, they'll shift.
(10:44) >> Yeah. >> So, anybody who's starting the school, they have to see first preference is called. See, I heard about youngest headmaster, where he comes regularly to the Ramakrishna Mutt and I've invited. He started a school in a village in the backyard of his house. >> Oh. >> Where is the infrastructure? >> Yeah.
(11:01) >> Where did our past Where did they study? Under the tree. I love to take my children to outside and make them sit under the tree. Now, if you make them sit on in the on the floor, why did you make my child sit in So, that's not important. Infrastructure is important. I won't deny that. We want facilities.
(11:19) From blackboard, we have come to the whiteboard. From whiteboard, we have come to the smart boards, digital boards. The change is there. If you don't go along with the flow sometimes, we'll go backwards. So, we need those roots as well as the wings to fly. >> Ma'am, these trust run schools, like DAV, HPS, all these schools are right in the center of the city and they charge hardly fraction of the fee compared to the international so-called schools.
(11:45) When they are giving the same education, where is the extra money that we are pay as parents we are paying for the international school going? Is it going to the classrooms and reflecting for our children? >> It should go to the children and parents also because that it's a hard earned money for anybody, whether he's a rich parent or a poor parent or a middle it's a hard earned money.
(12:05) Nobody gets free money. So, when they're paying they have every right to go and ask, "See, I'm paying this." Suppose as I even we were discussing your digital library is there in a high-fi school and ordinary library is there in one school. Where here you have a librarian or the management who doesn't want the books to be torn or anything, it should be in the showcases and they the children visit only when some visitor is coming.
(12:29) It's of no use and the child goes and tells mama, "We have a beautiful library, but we are not reading books." Or it can be vice versa. The library may be very small, but the children use, tear and then they pay back and all. It's not that they should go and fight with the management. They can put up their ideas.
(12:44) What is it? If they're making profit the government has to take care. They need that money also. See, when I invest on something I've invested on my land and all, I've worked hard. So, I need my profit. Like how you're paying salaries to your teachers, you take your salaries as a management members or chairman, vice chair, whoever it is.
(13:02) You take money for your transport, for your living and all, but not extra money. That's very bad, especially in education. Any any business is like that, it has to go to children. >> Ma'am, you were talking about how we all need to adapt to the change in blackboards then white then it's moved to digital boards, but you were also talking about how we have to stay strong to our roots.
(13:26) So, can Can tell us a little detailed about that? >> What I mean as strong to the roots is like our tradition, our culture that cannot be changed. If you are saying hi, good morning, instead of saying namaste, why why do you forget that? You go to US and say good morning, okay? But here you're in India. What happened to your tradition and culture? If you're saying good morning, it's I'm not saying no, because even we say that depending upon the opposite person, but some of the values which have been rooted from generations and generations together.
(13:55) That should be there. If you have those values, you don't have moral education classes, you remove the moral but the values have to be taught to the children in the form of stories in the assembly or when something is happening and somebody is running and then the child has fallen. Now all the children I have it's gone, I will go away, no.
(14:16) If some child is going and helping that child to get up or some some fight is going on can somebody come and stop that? So these kind of things, who will teach when they're growing together, they learn in the school. In the house there are one or two children, the fight goes on. My mother comes and interferes or solves, but here there's so many children.
(14:36) So we think we learn so many skills there. Now we are talking about 21st century skills and all. But what about those life skills to survive any school, again high-fi schools, government or anything, the school should train a child in such a way that wherever you throw him in any part of the world, they should survive.
(14:56) How much ever digitalization is there, how much ever exposure the child has, he knows what is right and wrong. He can differentiate whether I can watch this or I can't watch this. Whether I should talk like this, I should not talk like that. Whether I should take care of the elders or not, the grandparents will be there.
(15:14) All that they know only from this. >> Ma'am, you were talking about what schools have to do to keep the children grounded. Can you tell us what parents have to do at home to have our children grounded? >> Yeah, they they should because children are coming from the home. Already when they come to school three years, you those values are framed there.
(15:33) So, the first part uh the parent should do is the children will not do what they say. The children will do what you do. You take care of the your mother-in-law and father-in-law in the house, your parents. He's watching you, but he may say you be good to your parents, you good to your and all, but he may see your parents not taking care of the grandparent or grandparents or parents or in-laws.
(15:56) So, he at that time because he's a young child, he's totally dependent on the parent, he may say nod his head. But as he grows up, he may do the same thing to the parents. So, parents' role is very very important. They can't say that I've joined my child in the best school in the world and I'm paying so much. They have to take care. It will not happen.
(16:14) Parents, as I gave the example of my father, nowadays parents are very protective. Some fight goes on in the school and the child comes and complains to the parent and next day morning when they go to school, the fight must have stopped there. They they become friends. But this parent will come running to the school to find out what has happened.
(16:30) Why why didn't you stop that? No, you you should be protective. You should take care of the child. You should support your child, but when when there is really a need there. But let him struggle to come out. Let him face the challenges. So, he should give that freedom for the child. But if he's crossing that freedom, he should interfere and then.
(16:49) >> Ma'am, do you feel >> the children who go to these trust run schools are more rooted to their culture than the ones who go to international schools? >> I don't want to say that because you have uh children from trust run schools who are very good, rooted, and all, but at the same time you have See, the incidents which come in the newspapers, they are either from government schools or high-fi schools.
(17:12) So, you can't say this kind of schools' children only behave well, whereas trust run schools don't know. It's not that. It is again the kind of exposure the school is giving. So, again I was saying whatever kind of it is there again we should go back to the traditions and all. So, I when I was studying I think again we had when we were discussing as when I was going to an ordinary school and then when we were traveling the bus used to say that they're all proud peacocks.
(17:36) So, this concept is not now. As a child I've seen that comparison. So, those proud peacocks whether they're really rooted or not we don't know then they may be maybe rooted. I have many friends who have come from such high-fi schools and still we are together. And some people they select only that group and then they go away.
(17:53) So, this is all brought up and the exposure what they get. There are certain parents who send their children to these boutique schools just because they want the daughters or daughter's circle to be elite circle. There are schools called boutique schools in Hyderabad. But where are the roots missing? Parents missing that one thing that is very important to look in a school.
(18:17) It is important to see again I said the culture. See the parents also you if they have a group of only elite people together they're not bothered about others those though they were friends at school and all and by God's grace they must have come to this position and they got married to a person who is there and their in-laws are well off, parents are well off.
(18:36) And if they're only sticking to that kind of a circle some of them they don't want but I've seen my friends who are very very rich I'm just an ordinary person but they give their life to me. There are so many cases where they have killed and gone. What what will happen to their children? Roots are very important and parents you they may be rich, they may be anything.
(18:54) They should not spoil their children because they are the future citizens. What kind of citizens we are giving to the country, to the world? We have to give a responsible citizen. Do you think it is because these trust and schools have children from all different kind of backgrounds so they are all more rooted? Is that the No, it's not that you they up, but there also the changes are coming because of the exposure, the media, everything.
(19:19) Uh it's not an easy job to run a school or to be as a teacher. So, we can't pinpoint this is right or this is wrong. Only thing is whether a parent or a grandparent or relatives, everybody should feel that each one of them are responsible for the child who doesn't know anything. They can't just say this is the group I have to follow.
(19:41) This is the group. No. You have to be like this. Then you can be like this. You can fly. When? When you have those roots. We have such great teachers. Dr. Abdul Kalam How rooted it is as a president. And what is he showing us? >> There is nothing better than his passing away while giving a speech >> to children. >> And we struggle to dispose of our things, whereas he didn't had hardly five shirts or 10 shirts. No, nothing.
(20:08) So, those are I'm not saying we have to live like that. When you have, but that should be there in the blood. That is the responsibility of the society. You don't think of yourself alone. You think of the people living because they may change you. >> Yes. So, where are we going? >> Parents over here, ma'am, they want to send their children to US where the child has to do everything by themselves.
(20:28) >> See, there they accept. Yes. But here once they come, he's a raja. >> They are okay working in petrol bunks over there. They're okay working in grocery >> it's below dignity. >> Here there is no dignity of labor. >> It's the Is it >> the society, the school, or the parents? Who is at fault? >> Uh all of us are responsible for that.
(20:47) Yeah, see again I want to quote my own example. When my daughter was in 10th or intermediate, I think, one of my cousin said, "You know, children are children. I want this. I want that. Where should I go? I want to go for excursion. I don't have money. You are Both of you are working. Where's the money gone?" Then I said, "Okay, this is my salary. This is your salary.
(21:06) You take the salary. You run the house. Oh, they were very happy. She was very happy. Then on the paper she started writing. I am a mother, money is over on the paper. What about other things? You work it out. Then my son said, "I'll do it." That was a great change in my family. They knew the importance of the value of money.
(21:27) And we can't just ask openly we said, "This is our salary. You manage the show." And then one of my cousin said, "I'll send my son to Chiku so that she'll have little income." Along with they've sent one more child. Not much money, but at that time he paid 500 for the child. I'm talking years now she's above 40. So she knows the value of money.
(21:48) And never she used to ask me, "Amma, I want this." I Even till today she knows how to spend that money. And seeing that my son said, "I want. I want." So he started. So both of them know how to manage that money. So that kind of examples the parent should give their children. Where to spend, how to spend. Schools have financial literacy >> literacy programs with them.
(22:08) But what you're saying is at home we can do it with just simple >> Simple things. We can do it from simple things. See like as you said no, we should treat everybody the same and all. When a driver has come or who has worked with us has come, he left the job but he came back to see us. Amma first give water.
(22:26) Do you want water or do you want to have tea or you want to eat something? Or when he's leaving, can we pack something for him? It's a small thing. For us it doesn't make difference. So such kind of qualities we have to develop >> in our children. >> Giving, letting go. >> Giving, letting go. Schools are doing joy of giving, gratitude, Christmas time collecting clothes and all.
(22:44) And then money collection, they they pull up. And some of the schools they say you know, we don't want the money given by your parents. You earn and then give it to us. So they have piggy banks where they work, they wash the car or wipe the this thing, take the money from the parents, they collect it and then bring it to school and that money goes to the deserving children.
(23:03) So, such kind of activities we have to develop in the school also. >> Ma'am, you must have interacted with parents for more than three generations now. There is a significant shift in parenting today. Are they more involved? >> Yeah, there's so much of change. See, in the world itself there's so much of change because of different kinds of things happening.
(23:23) So, here also there's a change. Like we go back to the past again. They trusted the schools. And they used to send children far away. There were never schools which are very nearby or or they must have joined the schools which are nearby. I don't think they have turned back even to see the report card of the child. The child brings to the house they used to sign and send it off.
(23:42) That's it. They had full trust in the school. Then from there it has come like more of partnership. At least they used to come to the school. Next generation. I can say the second generation. They used to come to school. How is my child doing? Is it okay? Can I do something? It was not questioning. They were trying to have a partnership with the school and the parent.
(24:06) But now new age parents or the this generation, you know, I want. Why not? Questioning, yes, everybody has a right to question. But how you question? I want this, I want that, I want this. Why you are not giving? I'm paying for that. That kind of a question is All may not be doing, but most of the parents they feel that they have a right to ask them because we are paying.
(24:27) What we are paying they should do it. We are paying only for that. That has come. Trust has gone totally. They don't believe the teachers. No, we are doing like this. They don't have the patience to listen also. They want what they want. That's it. >> So, not only the children, the parents are also entitled They feel entitled to the school because they are paying such high fees.
(24:48) Only the parents who go to these uh send their children to international school are like that or even the trust run ones? >> Even the trust run schools also sometimes they compare the schools where where have better infrastructure facilities and all. So, these I've experienced like these parents also they say, "We don't mind paying more, madam.
(25:05) Why can't you give us?" >> Okay. >> Because the paying capacity has increased, the salaries have increased. So, they say we don't So, everybody wants their child to be comfortable in a very very safe place. So, they think that is education. That is not education. >> Okay. >> The learning which is taking place is education.
(25:24) The relationship between the teacher and the student is important. >> Right. >> You have to accept the teacher as a facilitator. You should trust her also. Give that trust to her. She'll do wonders. >> Now, the new schools that are having, they all have CCTV footage. And the latest one that I've heard are parents want 24 hours surveillance that they can see in CCTV footage.
(25:55) But few of the teachers when I spoke to them, they're like, "It looks like as if we've been watched." >> Yeah. >> Um, as a principal, what is your take on this? Do you think it's a right thing to do? >> but I Some accident happens or you have theft Recently, somebody has killed them. So, it was easy for them to catch people. Some violence happens or anything, they know what is happening and all.
(26:15) So, previously they have to interrogate this and that, but now everything is seen on the CCTV. So, same culture has come into the schools. Okay, you can have in the ground, outside where children are moving. From there slowly, it is coming to the classrooms also because the parents want to know what is happening in the class, whether the teacher is teaching well and all.
(26:35) So, you can take it in both the ways. Like, I've read somewhere the CCTV cameras are kept there and then uh, you can call the teacher not to pinpoint her that you're not doing well. Let her observe her own lesson and see how did she teach. Don't question her. Where whether you can improve on that or you can do a better job or you're satisfied. That's it. Leave it to her.
(26:58) Then she'll hear, "Oh, did I behave like this in the class? I think I shouldn't have." So that introspection may happen there. But you know, anybody on the earth, if somebody's observing, they feel uncomfortable. Always they have that fear in their mind, "Am I doing right or am I doing wrong?" Why that thing? Give the liberty to the teacher.
(27:17) >> There's a Kerala Supreme Court came up with a word it for Dr. Ram and Kerala state telling that no teacher has the right to even insult a child. Forget about raising the hand. They do not have the right. If the teacher corrects as you said, how will the child learn? And where is the line that has to be drawn? >> I totally accept with you, but you It's a teacher's duty to correct.
(27:43) But how to correct and all, again, it's a debatable question. And there's a law that you should not make profit, you should not make profit. In the same way, there's no There's a law that you're not should beat children, we should not beat. See, those times the punishment was accepted because the child has brought up in a difficult situations.
(28:03) He has seen everything there. But here the child already has come up in life or to that stage with all facilities on the earth where the parent also is not shouting, where the grandparents Amma, Ayya, you know, you know the way they pamper. If they fall also, they hit the ground, not the You leave the child, he'll get up, he'll see somewhere nobody's watching, so he'll get up and go away.
(28:24) But we are we allowing? No. We are Ayya, what happened? What happened? You go, carry the child. No, no, no, it's not your fault. It is the floor's fault. So the child is overprotected. So when he can't take a parent shouting at him, when a grandparent shouting or a father shouting, mother shouting, how will he take when a teacher slaps or when he shouts? Therefore, the law must have come.
(28:48) So when the law is there, don't do it. But, that doesn't mean because it is education, it is a child's future, it's our responsibility to send the child into the world as a responsible citizen. So, there's a way of correcting. There's so many ways of correcting. Call the child, tell stories, and you can't pinpoint that child and tell the story also.
(29:07) >> Yeah, right. >> You have to generalize. Address the assembly. You You see, you can ask the teachers what kind of things you have faced, how did the child behave and all. Pull up those, create a story, come to the assembly, tell a story to the child. Out of 1,000 children, if two children change, then enough.
(29:24) I have faced some situations where in the school children will play with the stones. Who will not play with the stones? Once you see a stone or you see a car with dust, you write your names there. Or, you take a stone and write also. Or, if we are sitting in a line, one child throws. Touch wood, all my parents were very good, not troublesome.
(29:41) They were understanding, and I used to explain to them. Once a parent came, "How can you hit happen in Ramadevi school? How can a child take a stone and beat? I want all the stones to be removed from the school." So, he went to the teachers and complained. They could not solve the problem, and that day I went for some workshop, and then the teachers came and "Madam, this parent was so aggressive.
(30:00) Blah blah blah." He said. I said, "Leave it." So, I found out what all has happened, and then the parent came in the morning just before the assembly, talked to me. Oh, namaste, Andy. I said, "I want to talk to you." Can I acted as if I don't know anything about it. I said, "Can you please wait? I'll address the assembly and come.
(30:19) " So, this man was standing in the corridor and seeing the So, in the assembly, I created a story in such a way So, this is what in general, you know, not pinpointing anybody. You can't You see, if something has happened you beat a child and something happened, children, you go tell your parents this has happened, but you know who has hit and all.
(30:36) Your conscious tell us, and your parents come and support you. Where should we go? Should we correct you or not? And tomorrow something happens on the road, who will come and correct you? The people who love you only will try to correct. I can't correct a person on the neighboring school or on the road who is going driving.
(30:53) If I shout, that fellow will shout back. Because I like you, I love you, I try to explain to you. Like that I used to create all kinds of stories. And indirectly the message will go to the parent. No, he will not open his mouth. He'll go away. See, we we should have that knack and also the teacher should be trained. When they are not allowed to beat, don't beat, but how you can correct the child.
(31:17) See, nobody, even we, if the principal calls the teachers and shouts in front of everybody, what is the principal as a Is she a role model? If the teacher has done something, we are all human beings, we have to make mistakes. From mistakes only we learn. Okay, you call her, call her separately. This is what I observed.
(31:34) Is it right or not? If it's I also used to say that. I may be wrong. But if you if you feel what you did is wrong, you correct yourself. If you have not done it, forget about it. I'm sorry for that. That's it. Over, the situation is over. So, he'll have the guilt feeling. So, I think we have to be little observant, always learning.
(31:56) Uh principal or teacher or a parent, always we should run. >> [laughter] >> Till the child knows when the child is child for us. When he becomes 40, married, or anything, we treat our children like children only. But we have to be uh taking care of them without If we are not there also, they should survive. That kind of a supportive thing we should give it to our children.
(32:18) >> Um you were talking about how important a teacher's role in a child's life is. But in India, none of the brilliant students ever want to become a teacher. All they want to do is IIT or IIM or a doctor. Is it that the society is put the teachers job so low. Is that the reason or is it that the schools are not encouraging the children to become teachers? When I was studying, I think when I've come to class 10 or something like that, I used to hear about only medical profession and engineering profession or some banks and IAS and
(32:57) all. IAS and and all, I don't think I've heard about it at that time. The parents mind was my daughter or my son wants to be a doctor or they want to be an engineer. That's it. Those were the only two professions where the child's mind has been filled in. So, naturally they go there and the best students should be doctors, should be engineers.
(33:17) >> Yeah. >> So, that concept was there. I'm not saying no. And then the next generation which were coming up were exposed to so many things because of the media or because of the globalization and all. They know there are so many fields. So, slowly the trend has changed from that when the parents are also insisting the children had the liberty to say no, "Daddy, I don't want to go there.
(33:41) I want to be an entrepreneur." Previously only the science graduates were brilliant students. Maths children only are brilliant Only those brilliant students will take MPC, BPC. >> Correct. >> First MPC, then comes the BPC, then comes BA, BCom. So, that they used to think only the low but now BCom has no seats for BCom. >> Yeah.
(33:58) >> Commerce has become like that you parallelly the many fields which are coming up. So, they're shining everywhere. So, I won't say the brilliant teachers have What about Dr. Abdul Kalam? What about Dr. C.V. Raman? Our Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan? They were all great students, excellent and they were great teachers.
(34:16) If the excellent students were not great teachers, how did our great doctors have come up in the life? And then how did the CEOs or whatever it is, the scientists, the military people, all those people have gone have come up in life because of their teachers. So, you can't say. And then I won't also agree totally that only excellent teachers should become teachers.
(34:37) >> Yeah. >> See, he may be a brilliant student and got into M.S.E.T. and he's become a doctor. Is that enough? Does he know how to talk to the patient? >> Yeah. >> He only takes the money or you take the medicine for every this thing you just write crossing over. No. So, only brilliant people becoming teachers I don't accept.
(34:57) They should have passion whether it's a any profession. They should have passion for that particular profession. See, especially when you take a teacher first thing is they should love children. >> Right. >> Without that love and all please I want a job so I didn't get any job I become a teacher. No.
(35:15) Later after joining also some teachers will change. I don't have a job teacher's job is easy so I got a teacher. But don't stick on to that. Try to improve. So, first is love for children and then you should try to understand the child. Each child will come from a different background. So, the teacher has to look into every it's not the salary.
(35:33) Yes, we have to work we need money to survive. But when you have taken that particular profession where you are bringing out the best in the child you have to be a different person. We have to See, Guru Brahma Guru Vishnu Guru Devo Maheshwara So, we have given such respect not now since ages. At that time I I accept.
(35:54) >> Okay. >> But still they were teachers as I told you they're teachers because of them only we are all then. But the number I think now is recently when I was discussing many of my students who are at Francis they come for they're a psychologist. >> Yeah. >> As a counselors they come for training to my school.
(36:11) So, they're into teaching profession. The other day one child called up I said what are you doing? Ma'am I've taken up for the slow learners these children who have this syndrome Down syndrome and all special education. >> education >> "Really?" See, what tough job for that uh at the young age taking as a special educator. >> True. >> She'll be a better person than a normal teacher.
(36:33) >> Right. >> It's not an easy job to be a special educator. So much of patience she need. So nowadays because of their interest it's not marks again. >> Right. >> The best topper can not be a good teacher or she can be a good teacher. In the same way an average teacher can be a better teacher because of her experience and passion for the job and then love for the student.
(36:57) >> Right. >> But are these teachers being paid enough by these schools? >> See, they are supposed to pay because government has fixed the scales. >> Okay. >> The scales are very good. We have central government scales and state government scales. Each school follows either central government or state government.
(37:15) But the problem is again the small schools which are coming up They charge very little fees. They may not be able to pay that much. So they may not pay. So government is not checking. When they come to check also some people show that they're paying and all the those things do happen. >> Right. >> But scales wise they're very good scales.
(37:33) But why they're not coming to the teaching profession? Again it's a question to be thought about it. Are we giving that value to the teacher? >> Exactly. >> You're not allowing them to correct the child at all. So teachers who are coming into the profession they get scared. That's why there's this There's again a say that there's a teacher scarcity also.
(37:50) I Why should we go? I can sit at home and enjoy. I can have my own business, beauty parlor or interior designing or selling sarees at home is giving more profit than that. Why should I get shoutings from the parents? Why should I become a teacher? So are we giving that value? Are we giving that importance to the teacher? Ma'am, without you the school can't run.
(38:08) Again is the management taking care? See, in other professions they have a progression. But here luckily I don't know. God's grace I joined as a class one teacher in the school and then I became the principal. But I passed on all the stages. I was a supervisor, then I was a vice principal, then in charge, then I became a principal and now as a director.
(38:27) But how many of them will get that chance? In a school where you have 50, 100 teachers, so the school should plan in such a way you have divisions there. If the teacher is really doing give a little promotion, add little bit of incentive, or give a designation. If you can't pay, give a designation.
(38:43) Like that because there's no career progression, some of them don't want to come. So again, the ones who have that passion, okay, forget about salary and all. I'm I have that job. See, I've got many offers, but no. I had the job satisfaction in my school. So I said, I'll retire. I'll If I retire also, I'll be here.
(38:59) If they don't give, I'll That's it. No no more jobs. That's it. >> You must have had thousands of children under you. What is that one thing that really makes you happy as a principal? >> See, most of them they share they share their success stories. Yes, that's the thing. One thing is That's a minor thing, but I feel so proud wherever I go.
(39:17) It can be a theater, it can be a mall, it can be airport, bus stand, or US and all. Somewhere, whether I really changed him or not, I don't know. Must be as a principal there I must have not taught him, but as a principal they must have seen. They come running. Ma'am! And especially when there is a marriage function and all, suddenly somebody comes and falls on our feet. Everybody will be looking at us.
(39:39) Who is this lady? I'm not a very important lady sitting side to the so so so called persons. But you know, that satisfaction my child has recognized me. >> Ma'am, you were talking about this Hawaiian technique Ho'oponopono. Can you explain me what that is? >> It's a technique where you I don't want to hurt anybody if I'm wrong or if I'm right.
(40:01) And if somebody is little harsh to me or they're troubling me or something happens or it's okay. It's like a gratitude. I look into their eyes or as if I'm writing and look into their eyes and say I love you so much. Like husband and wife. Take about husband and wife. He's not done. I love you so much. I'm really sorry if I've hurt you.
(40:19) Thank you so much. Like that if you go on saying the thought process will help us to heal that gap. I do with my in-laws. I do I used to do with my in-laws, my parents, or my students. It works with everyone. It works with everybody. Even nature also. You can talk to plants. See, plants also, you need that care.
(40:39) All four of us must have gone to buy a plant, similar plant. And I must have bought planted that in a very beautifully painted pot. Okay, you must have put it in the soil because you have enough land there. He must have put bought a clay pot and then he has put He must have put it in a plastic pot. All of us are giving care.
(40:56) But I must have given overprotecting or if I give because I don't know the basis of making a plant grow. I must have thought that if I pour more water the plant will grow. If I give more fertilizer it'll grow. But I've given importance to that painted pot. But I've not given importance or learned how to handle that plant to grow. I've overwatered.
(41:18) I've given overcare and all. I think there's a story also. Neighbor and all they put the plant and one withstands that storm and everything whereas the other one I've given so much of care. Why my plant and why your plant? Same thing. I've not given importance to the roots of the plant. The plant is gone. Whereas you have put in the soil, you know the background.
(41:34) You put right fertilizer at the right time. You put a small seedling lot of fertilizer. What will happen? It'll die. That's very important again. >> thing because infrastructure is like this beautiful pot. >> See, you have a beautiful playground. Don't allow the children it gets spoiled. You have a grass and all.
(41:55) Actually, now the concept is you have to walk on the grass barefoot and all. I made I've seen Modi ji walking. He has a circular path where he has rough stones. I made that patch in the school. Grass, mud, stones, and all. But how many of them will accept? You know, I my child's feet will get hurt. I said, "No, come on, remove your shoes. Walk on that. It's fun.
(42:13) " Even I used to walk along with them. At home only now parents ask the children to wear footwear. >> Footwear. Slippers, rubber slippers. But now we have the other things they say touch to the ground. Lot of vibrations, electricity, you know, electromagnetism. So I I think we are all going back to our roots. >> Yeah, that we can tell in the students in the form of stories.
(42:36) I eat ice cream, it's not that, but very rare. The chemicals which are raised, again I read out the article. It's not just telling in the form. Children, if I say you must have you must think that I'm creating a story. Stopping all the soft drinks. I used to pour that Coke in the bathrooms, which is dirty.
(42:56) Come and see what happened to the bathroom. So you want to drink that? So I know many of the parents, "Ma'am, because you have told my children, they stopped, ma'am." I said, "We can't change everybody. At least 1% and those people will when they grow up they'll change their children." >> No. It spreads like anything. >> Absolutely true because I don't I've never had soft drink just because my father did what you what you said.
(43:17) He did that once. Till today I do not have soft drink. >> Generation will learn. Learn. >> So when we have parties also some people may not like it. I bring lime, I make lime juice with sugar, without sugar also because I don't want them to have that sugar and all. But little sugar is okay. So I give that. >> Ma'am, lots of parents actually get confused between being religious and being spiritual.
(43:42) What is the role of a school when it comes to educating parents and children at the same time? >> See, religion is praying and giving. So that we do it in the schools. Many of the schools, you know, you have Ganesh Chaturthi or Sri Rama Navami or any festivals we celebrate. But we we don't celebrate in a grand scale as if we we are propagating only one culture, one tradition.
(44:06) We have Ramzan, uh everything we celebrate because the children should know why these festivals are celebrated. I think all the schools they do Christmas, Thanksgiving, all they do it. So, that should be there, but we should not give much importance to that totally. No, if you do this only it will No. So, at the same time spirituality is a different thing where it's not just sitting in front of God, uh praying, and lighting the lamp.
(44:31) That has to be done. I'm not saying I'm not against because people believe in that. Let them have their belief, but personally what I feel feel is suppose I have to come to your podcast. In my mind only that podcast will be there. What she's going to ask me, how I have to answer. I try to recollect all that.
(44:48) So, I don't want to spend my time going there, doing that 1-hour puja there. My mind is totally occupied or something is going to happen in the school. Today I have to face that challenge. How to solve? Where will I get that answer? Will I get it from that uh TV or iPad or a book or anything? So, I feel if you are doing your thinking is in the right way, somehow the God will come to help you.
(45:13) She's doing the right thing. Suppose even till today nobody will ask me if I go to late to the office. If I have to be in the office by 10:00, I go to the temple at Basheerbagh on Tuesdays and Fridays. I go. I just take a round, take care of everybody, bless me, I should be in the right direction. That's it.
(45:31) One round within 5 minutes my darshan is over and then I'll go. I won't there break a coconut and all that. And I also don't pray I'll do fasting when I get this. No, nothing. Take care of me. That's it. So, I just go, but if I'm when my time should show it is quarter to 10:00, yeah.
(45:51) Then only I stop my vehicles there. I walk within 5-10 minutes it's over. I come back to my office on time. If I'm going to be late to my office, I don't go to the temple. I say I'm so sorry. You know why I'm not going. That's it. You take care. >> Work before worship. >> So, I won't say religion is bad or spirituality is bad.
(46:08) Both should be balanced. What is good for our students, that balance should be maintained. Because they want only this to be celebrated, that to be celebrated, that not to be celebrated. No, you decide what you want, what kind of thing you want to give it to the children. Exposure about global? So, you're celebrating everything. That's right.
(46:24) >> Not to keep the parents happy. >> Happy? I mean, they should be satisfied, otherwise they'll take away. But I'm telling you, no. If you convince the children in the school when they are there, they will go fight with the parents and they say, "No, we want this school." In one of the English textbook, I forget, Tom Sawyer or somebody, they paint their class or something. I read that story.
(46:44) I said, "Why can't I do that in the school?" But teacher said, "Ma'am, our parents." I said, "No, we'll try." Then I called all the I think I've selected eight or eight classes I've selected. I called all the sections. See, I don't want to force anybody. This is my plan. I don't want uh your parents to come. You convince your parents if you if you want to come.
(47:05) Otherwise, forget about it. Don't come. But it's your job. You have to collect the material. Whether you want to go to the shop and convince we are doing and they'll give free of cost, or you want to pull up the money and buy the material. But you have to decorate your classroom. Whatever possible. If you don't have money to do the top, do only the four walls.
(47:23) Or however you want, you do it. Everybody said, "Yes." And they started doing. I said, "Not on a working day, after school hours and a Sunday." And I used to be present with them. And some of the students, they didn't turn up, but one student came. "Ma'am, if you want money, I'll give money, madam." "You appoint and I'll give bring that painter also, he'll do it.
(47:45) Ma'am, please, I'm really sorry. If you don't want your child, I've not forced, you can take your child. But I want this work to be done because children are coming and doing it willingly." See, the dignity of labor. >> Yeah, very nice. >> [laughter] >> You've done so much, ma'am. Ma'am, you've been a principal of a reputed school and now you're a board member.
(48:08) As an example, let's say a school fee of a child is a 1 lakh. Where do you think this 1 lakh has to be spent from the school's perspective? >> First, I give importance to the quality of the teachers. See, as I said, it's not just the qualifications. Usually, we call for the applications whenever the teacher is good, distinction and all.
(48:29) So, the first priority should go to the selection of If teachers are not good, knows you have better infrastructure. I think no See, finally, the student has to be with the teacher. >> Yeah, true. >> The child has to be satisfied, the parent has to be satisfied, and the school management also has to be See, they are the lifeblood of the success of the school.
(48:51) I don't think any part of the world or the country is say they will be successful if the teachers are not taken care. No country or no school will be successful without a teacher. You give the lifeblood. >> Ma'am, you've been in the industry for more than 25-30 years. What are the few initiatives that you have taken that actually made a difference? >> I have that in my mind I should do something for my students, for my school.
(49:15) So, wherever I go, when I observe things, if I like it, I want to have it in my school. It can be a small plant. If you go to resorts and all, you see so many beautiful plants. And all, then I got an idea. I should separate the plants as xerophytes, water plants, this plants, that plants. So, slowly I started developing my garden.
(49:35) The children, when they come, they know these are these kind of plants. And then, I think, why can't we have vegetable garden? Children should know how they are growing, like that. And then, why can't I read about some mini forest? >> Yeah. >> So, we can have a mini forest if you have a small area.
(49:50) So, I developed one mini forest there. Now, it is giving fruits and all. So, if I see something immediately I think I should do. When I went to IMAX theater, I saw children climbing that wall and all. Such a beautiful thing. I should I get scared to climb. Rock climbing. Yeah, rock climbing. But I feel you I think a small room if I can watch there if I have an empty room, why can't I have that? So, when I you won't believe whenever I get a thought, immediately somebody will be it's not my management if they have money they accept and all. Suppose if I
(50:18) I know that I don't have a money, I can't start that. But that thought when it comes somehow God comes to my help in the form of my school parents or well-wishers. "Ma'am, I want to donate money on my this thing and all." So, I have this idea. If you can contribute, you contribute. Otherwise, we can pull up two or three parents who are ready.
(50:38) So, I don't take the money or anything. I introduce the contractor to that person and they complete the job. Like that I have that wall. It's a small room, but I want my children to get exposed. See how many of them will go to the IMAX theater. The children who can't go will have an experience here. Same way I think I can talk about archery.
(50:56) When only HPS was having archery or both of us have started at the same time. Somebody one the one who was associated with the archery association, he came to school, "Ma'am, we were planning to develop in schools. Are you ready?" I just said yes. I didn't even ask the cost and all. He came to help us out.
(51:13) I caught hold of a parent, he did that. >> Yeah. >> And even rifle shooting also. These were not heard of when I when we started. And we have a separate room for the children when they are depressed, you know, they go sit there, they meditate or we have a soothing music. They do that there. And like that there are so many things which have come up.
(51:33) I think I wanted to have a gazebo in the school. >> Oh. >> So, how to have a gazebo? Again, "Ma'am, we are ready to do anything, madam." "Okay, do this." They only plan and do it. And then I wanted to have a nice fountain coming out like that. So, we had a rock there. So, waterfall flow. Look, I want the children to feel the sound of the water falling.
(51:52) And a small pond where the children come and you know, LKG UKG children they're not interested on. They come everyday they come and stand there near that pond and see the fish moving. So they are interested in that. And can you believe one of the parent who works in at Apollo, she wanted her daughter to be a doctor, but she said, "Ma'am, because of you my daughter my daughter didn't become nice.
(52:13) " I said, "What? Because you love the environment you have put up so plant and become an environmentalist." >> That's so nice. >> So we don't know what activity will change that person to become what, we don't know. Really interesting to work with children. There's no end for that. There's no end for that. Every day we can make a difference.
(52:34) Your inner child is always alive. >> I [laughter] love I said I I never feel that I become old now. When I'm with the children LKG till 10, children will be going, but I'm with the same age group. >> And the students who come out of these international schools or high fee schools are really good at presentation. Their resumes are very fancy and nice.
(52:58) But when we ask few teachers who have taught the students from a trust run school and students from international school, they actually say there is a difference in both these students. What do you think is the difference and where is it lacking? >> Difference I can say in both the ways. The trust run schools way they develop the students with all those communication skills, best at interviews or best presentations, those students may be grounded also.
(53:31) At the same time they may have that feeling, yeah, we are from that. Same way in the government schools or the trust run schools also, they may not be that good, but if a teacher is there to train, they also doing a good job. You can't compare like that. These schools children are like this or these schools are like recently I've read in the newspaper just see one girl has been selected out of for comp- to compete about 12,000 children globally.
(54:01) >> Yeah. >> She is from West Godavari or somewhere. >> Yes. >> The teacher made a difference. She's from what normal school? And then that Poornima who climbed the Mount Everest from >> Yeah. >> From where what level she's from a very low tribal family. She can't speak well. I don't know whether she can speak in English, but now she's addressing in US and all.
(54:22) She's conducting workshops there. What I believe you see every child has a talent. Every child can shine, but the teacher who is there should see that brightness is there. It is there already. You have to see that it comes out. That's it. I don't believe any child is bad or good or anything. The circumstances make them do that. So, you can't say these schools will produce only this kind.
(54:44) Percentage may be different because I said no government school children are doing extremely well. From Kerala 13 children in a government school from class 11 students have been selected for some space workshop. >> Who trained them? Who motivated them? Whereas why see when when we open the newspaper recently in Hindu chess competition I've seen.
(55:03) Usually I search for my first my school where is my school? We'll be we're searching. But the so-called high-fi schools names were not there. >> There were so many schools from government schools, normal schools where we have not heard the names are also there. So, the percentage varies. You see the presentation has happened there.
(55:20) He must have won the prize. But later what? Is he continuing? Does he develop the character where he can listen patiently to the other presenter? Or if he has failed, can he accept the failure? That is important. How well he presented is only for that moment. How well he's presenting later in life that is important.
(55:43) >> Yes, because the other day I think one of the principal in the podcast itself, the social skills and the presentation might take you till the door. >> But once you enter the room >> room they see how you talk, how you behave. Are you keeping or are you angry or are you scared? What happened to those life skills? >> Yeah.
(56:02) >> Those are important. Life skills [laughter] are important. Any tough See, all of us will face challenges in the life, but we should know how to solve those problems. Time. >> Ma'am, what was the first thought that came in your mind when your name was announced for the national award? >> Everybody even I was happy, but I got so many awards, but the national award taking from a president is a different thing.
(56:26) It's a It's a prestigious award. They thought that I've done something to the institute or for the students. That's why they must have selected me for the national award. My responsibility has increased now. See, whenever somebody sees if I'm not doing something, I got the award I'm very comfortable. What else I can do? National only I got it.
(56:44) What else? I'm comfortable. If I sit like that, tomorrow some parent entering into my room, my management's entering into my room, and they get some complaints and then I'm not doing anything, what that award is going to give me? See, I can't live having that past award in my hand and say proudly I'm a national award winner.
(57:04) My responsibility has increased because everybody says she's a national award, what is he doing to the school? She's lazy, what is she doing? So my responsibility has increased. So I have to be on my toes. I can't sit and enjoy that award. That moment, yes. I'm very happy I got it. I shared that and my management honored me and all.
(57:21) That is over, that is past. Next what? That award is not going to feed me later. It added one point to me, but what about other 99 points? I have to to that. >> What are the three most important qualities that a teacher today needs to have? >> Most important. First, as I said, no, they have to enter into the profession if they have passion.
(57:43) And love for children. And third, the most important one, she should be a role model. When I say that role model is starting, beginning of the school itself, we make the children stand in a line if they're late. And the teacher slowly she'll walk into the school. And children will be talking. I heard children talking.
(58:05) "Ah, she's coming and she's going and signing into the class. We are standing here. Is she not late to school?" So, we should not give a chance for anybody to talk that we are doing something wrong. We will make mistakes, but we should correct. If you are late, casually you can say, "Children, I'm so sorry, ma'am. I'm late because of this.
(58:24) " You tell them the problem is solved there. You accept why you are late or tell your principal or what not. And I feel, you know, whether it is a teacher or a student or a principal is doing the right job or I can say or I can say that a school is really good and the school is I can call it as a good school if it functions very well without nobody observing them.
(58:52) >> It was so lovely having you, ma'am. Thank you so much. I really enjoyed >> I enjoyed interacting with you.
Author Name:Yellow Slate Schools
Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@YellowSlateSchools
Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kce_VMFgN44
Title: Where Does Your School Fee Really Go? Smt. C. Ramadevi Explains
Author Name: Yellow Slate Schools
Description: Are we judging a school by its resort-like campus and smart boards… while missing where the fees actually go and who's really being valued inside the classroom?
In this episode, Smt. C. Ramadevi, a national award-winning educator who has served as a teacher, principal, and now director at Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, Hyderabad, breaks down what parents often overlook when picking a school — from where their fee money truly goes to CCTV surveillance, discipline, and why teaching is losing its best talent.
🎧 Before you judge a school by its brochure, this conversation is worth hearing.
🔔 Subscribe to Yellow Slate for unbiased school reviews, parent conversations, and educator insights across Hyderabad.
📌 Chapters:
00:00 - Introduction
01:36 - Meet Smt. C. Ramadevi
02:31 - Fancy campuses vs trust-run schools
07:09 - Why parents shift from government to private schools
10:14 - Where does the ₹5 lakh fee go
15:20 - What parents must do at home
25:31 - The CCTV surveillance debate
27:09 - Kerala court ruling on corporal punishment
32:11 - Why brilliant students avoid teaching
48:10 - Where should the fee actually be spent
56:03 - Winning the National Award and closing
#YellowSlate #SchoolFees #ParentingTips #TeacherRespect #HyderabadSchools #CBSEEducation #BhartiyaVidyaBhavan
# పాఠశాల ఫీజు నిజంగా ఎక్కడికి వెళ్తుంది?
**వీడియో శీర్షిక:** *Where Does Your School Fee Really Go? Smt. C. Ramadevi Explains*
**అతిథి:** శ్రీమతి సి. రామాదేవి
**చానల్:** Yellow Slate Schools
మీరు అందించిన ట్రాన్స్క్రిప్ట్లోని భాగానికి తెలుగు భావానువాదం:
## [00:00–00:21] పరిచయం
శ్రీమతి సి. రామాదేవి జాతీయ పురస్కారం పొందిన విద్యావేత్త. హైదరాబాద్లోని భారతీయ విద్యాభవన్లో ఉపాధ్యాయురాలిగా, ప్రిన్సిపల్గా పనిచేశారు. ప్రస్తుతం డైరెక్టర్గా సేవలందిస్తున్నారు.
CBSE ఉత్తమ ఉపాధ్యాయ పురస్కారం, జిందాల్ ఉత్తమ ఉపాధ్యాయ పురస్కారం కూడా ఆమెకు లభించాయి.
ఒక తల్లిదండ్రి పాఠశాల ఫీజుగా ₹5 లక్షలు చెల్లించారు అనుకుందాం. ఆ డబ్బు ఎక్కడికి వెళ్తోంది?
## [00:21–00:39] ఫీజు ఎక్కడికి వెళ్తుంది?
ఆ మొత్తం:
- మౌలిక వసతులకు వెళ్తుందా?
- నిర్వహణ ఖర్చులకు వెళ్తుందా?
- ఉపాధ్యాయుల జీతాలకు వెళ్తుందా?
- లేక పాఠశాల యాజమాన్యం వ్యక్తిగత లాభంగా తీసుకుంటుందా?
అనేది తల్లిదండ్రులు తెలుసుకోవాలి.
భారతదేశంలో పాఠశాలలు లాభాపేక్షలేని సంస్థలుగా ఉండాలనే నిబంధన ఉంది. అయితే ఆచరణలో ఫీజు వినియోగంపై పారదర్శకత అవసరం.
## [00:39–00:56] పిల్లలపై శారీరక శిక్ష
ఏ ఉపాధ్యాయుడికీ పిల్లలను అవమానించే హక్కు లేదు. చేయి ఎత్తడం గురించి చెప్పనవసరం లేదు—మాటలతో కూడా పిల్లలను అవమానించకూడదు.
పిల్లల ప్రవర్తనను సరిచేయాలి. కానీ అవమానం, కొట్టడం, భయపెట్టడం సరైన పద్ధతులు కావు.
## [00:56–01:22] CCTV పర్యవేక్షణ
కొంతమంది తల్లిదండ్రులు పిల్లలను 24 గంటలూ CCTV ద్వారా గమనించాలని కోరుకుంటారు.
కానీ ఉపాధ్యాయులు ఎప్పుడూ తమను ఎవరో గమనిస్తున్నారనే భావనలో ఉంటే అసౌకర్యంగా అనిపించవచ్చు.
భూమిపై ఎవరైనా మనలను నిరంతరం గమనిస్తుంటే, మనలో సహజంగానే అసౌకర్యం కలుగుతుంది.
CCTV భద్రతకు ఉపయోగపడుతుంది. కానీ ప్రతి తరగతి గదిలో ఉపాధ్యాయులపై నిరంతర పర్యవేక్షణగా ఉపయోగించడం జాగ్రత్తగా ఆలోచించాల్సిన విషయం.
## [01:22–01:56] పోడ్కాస్ట్ పరిచయం
**హోస్ట్:** నమస్కారం. ఇది Yellow Slate పోడ్కాస్ట్. నేను మీ హోస్ట్ దీప్తి రాజ్.
ఈ రోజు మనతో నాలుగు దశాబ్దాలకు పైగా భారతీయ విద్యా రంగంలో పనిచేసిన శ్రీమతి సి. రామాదేవి ఉన్నారు.
ఆమె టీచర్గా, ప్రిన్సిపల్గా, ప్రస్తుతం భారతీయ విద్యాభవన్లో డైరెక్టర్ కోఆర్డినేషన్గా పనిచేస్తున్నారు.
## [01:56–02:31] పాఠశాల మంచిదనేది ఏమిటి?
చాలా సంవత్సరాలుగా విద్యా వ్యవస్థలో వచ్చిన మార్పులను ఆమె గమనించారు.
పాఠశాల గొప్పదనం కేవలం:
- భవనం.
- బ్రాండింగ్.
- బ్రోషర్.
- ఫీజు.
- స్మార్ట్ బోర్డులు.
- అందమైన క్యాంపస్.
వల్ల నిర్ణయించబడదు.
అసలు ప్రశ్నలు:
- మంచి పాఠశాలను ఏది చేస్తుంది?
- తల్లిదండ్రులు నిజంగా దేనికి ఫీజు చెల్లిస్తున్నారు?
- పిల్లల జీవితంలో నిజమైన మార్పు తీసుకురావేది ఏమిటి?
## [02:31–03:07] ఫ్యాన్సీ క్యాంపస్ vs ట్రస్ట్ పాఠశాలలు
కొత్త తరహా పాఠశాలల క్యాంపస్లు రిసార్ట్లలా కనిపిస్తాయి.
మరోవైపు ట్రస్ట్ ఆధారిత పాఠశాలల్లో అలాంటి భారీ మౌలిక వసతులు ఉండకపోవచ్చు. అయినప్పటికీ తల్లిదండ్రులు ఆ పాఠశాలల్లో అడ్మిషన్ కోసం క్యూలో నిలబడుతారు.
భారతదేశ జనాభాలో:
- సుమారు 30% మధ్యతరగతి.
- 10–15% అధిక ఆదాయ వర్గం.
- 50–60% తక్కువ ఆదాయ వర్గం.
గా ఉండవచ్చని ఆమె అంచనా వేస్తున్నారు.
## [03:07–03:51] తల్లిదండ్రులు పాఠశాలలను ఎలా ఎంచుకుంటారు?
తక్కువ ఆదాయ వర్గానికి చెందినవారు ప్రభుత్వ పాఠశాలలు లేదా తక్కువ ఫీజు ఉన్న ప్రైవేట్ పాఠశాలలను ఎంచుకుంటారు.
మధ్యతరగతి కుటుంబాలు తరచుగా ట్రస్ట్ నిర్వహించే పాఠశాలలను ఎంచుకుంటాయి. ఎందుకంటే అధిక ఫీజు ఉన్న పాఠశాలలకు పంపడం వారికి కష్టంగా ఉంటుంది.
అధిక ఆదాయం ఉన్న తల్లిదండ్రులు తమ పిల్లలకు ఎక్కువ సౌకర్యాలు, మంచి వాతావరణం, ఉత్తమమైన అవకాశాలు ఇవ్వాలని కోరుకుంటారు.
తాము చిన్నప్పుడు ఎదుర్కొన్న కష్టాలు పిల్లలకు రాకూడదని వారు అనుకుంటారు.
## [03:51–04:34] గ్లోబలైజేషన్ ప్రభావం
గ్లోబలైజేషన్ వల్ల ప్రతి తల్లిదండ్రికీ విద్య ప్రాముఖ్యత అర్థమైంది.
ఇది కేవలం ధనిక కుటుంబాలకు మాత్రమే కాదు. రైతులు, డ్రైవర్లు, కార్పెంటర్ల పిల్లలు కూడా మంచి విద్య పొందాలని తల్లిదండ్రులు కోరుకుంటున్నారు.
ప్రభుత్వ పాఠశాలల్లో ఉచిత విద్య ఉన్నప్పటికీ, కొంతమంది తల్లిదండ్రులు ఇంగ్లీష్ మీడియం, మెరుగైన అవకాశాల కోసం ప్రైవేట్ పాఠశాలల వైపు వెళ్తున్నారు.
## [04:34–05:19] ప్రభుత్వ పాఠశాలల నుంచి ప్రైవేట్ పాఠశాలలకు మార్పు
వక్త తన గ్రామంలో ఒక పాఠశాలను దత్తత తీసుకున్న అనుభవాన్ని చెబుతున్నారు.
కొన్ని సంవత్సరాల క్రితం అక్కడ 500 మంది విద్యార్థులు ఉండేవారు. తర్వాత ఆ సంఖ్య 130కి తగ్గింది.
దగ్గర్లో తక్కువ ఫీజుతో చిన్న ప్రైవేట్ పాఠశాలలు ప్రారంభమయ్యాయి. అవి ఇంగ్లీష్ మాట్లాడే అవకాశం ఇస్తామని తల్లిదండ్రులకు చెప్పాయి.
దాంతో ప్రభుత్వ పాఠశాలల నుంచి చిన్న ప్రైవేట్ పాఠశాలలకు మార్పు జరిగింది.
## [05:19–05:59] ట్రస్ట్ పాఠశాలల ఆకర్షణ
ట్రస్ట్ పాఠశాలలు తక్కువ ఫీజుతో కొంతమేర మంచి మౌలిక వసతులు అందిస్తాయి.
ఎనిమిదో లేదా తొమ్మిదో తరగతికి వచ్చిన తర్వాత, తమ పిల్లలు ఆ పాఠశాలలో విలువలు, సంస్కారం నేర్చుకున్నారని కొంతమంది తల్లిదండ్రులు భావిస్తారు.
ట్రస్ట్ పాఠశాలల్లోనూ నాణ్యమైన విద్యకు ప్రాధాన్యం ఉంటుంది. అయితే ప్రతి పాఠశాల పనితీరు ఒకేలా ఉండదు.
## [05:59–06:40] మౌలిక వసతులు vs విద్య
ఒక పాఠశాల:
- ప్రపంచంలోనే అత్యుత్తమ భవనం.
- AC బస్సులు.
- స్మార్ట్ బోర్డులు.
- అత్యాధునిక క్యాంపస్.
కలిగి ఉండవచ్చు.
కానీ అక్కడ నాణ్యమైన బోధన జరగకపోతే ప్రయోజనం లేదు.
పిల్లలకు బోధన, విలువలు, జీవన నైపుణ్యాలు అందాలి. సౌకర్యాలు ఉండటంలో తప్పు లేదు. కానీ అవి నాణ్యమైన విద్య కంటే ముఖ్యమైనవి కాకూడదు.
## [06:40–07:09] కనిపించేది, కనిపించనిది
పాఠశాల బ్రోషర్లో కనిపించేది—భవనం, క్యాంపస్, ల్యాబ్లు, స్మార్ట్ బోర్డులు.
కానీ కనిపించనిది:
- ఉపాధ్యాయుల నాణ్యత.
- తరగతి గది వాతావరణం.
- పిల్లలతో ఉపాధ్యాయుల సంబంధం.
- విలువల బోధన.
- పిల్లల భద్రత.
- బోధన నాణ్యత.
తల్లిదండ్రులు పాఠశాలను సందర్శించి, లోపల జరిగేది అర్థం చేసుకోవాలి.
## [07:09–07:45] తల్లిదండ్రులు ప్రభుత్వ పాఠశాలలను ఎందుకు వదులుతున్నారు?
గ్లోబలైజేషన్ వల్ల విద్య విలువ తల్లిదండ్రులకు అర్థమైంది.
తాము పనిచేసే చోట తమకు సరైన గౌరవం లభించలేదని వారు అనుకోవచ్చు. తమ పిల్లలు తమకంటే మెరుగైన స్థాయికి చేరుకోవాలని కోరుకుంటారు.
ఒక కార్పెంటర్ రోజుకు ₹1,000 లేదా ₹1,500 సంపాదించవచ్చు. కానీ తన కుమారుడు చదువుకుని మంచి జీతం, సామాజిక గుర్తింపు పొందాలని కోరుకుంటాడు.
## [07:45–08:10] తల్లిదండ్రుల త్యాగం
కొంతమంది తల్లిదండ్రులు ఫీజు చెల్లించలేకపోయినా, అప్పు చేసి, ఇతరుల సహాయం తీసుకుని పిల్లలను మంచి పాఠశాలలో చేర్పిస్తారు.
తమ పిల్లలకు సరైన విద్య లభిస్తే, వారి భవిష్యత్తు మారుతుందని వారు నమ్ముతారు.
## [08:10–08:32] పాఠశాలలు లాభాపేక్షలేనివా?
భారతదేశంలో విద్య ప్రతి చిన్నారి హక్కు.
పాఠశాలలు లాభాపేక్షలేని సంస్థలుగా ఉండాలి. కానీ “లాభాపేక్షలేని సంస్థ” అని చెప్పడం మాత్రమే సరిపోదు.
పాఠశాల స్థాపకుల ఉద్దేశం, ఫీజు వినియోగం, జీతాలు, నిర్వహణ—ఇవన్నీ పారదర్శకంగా ఉండాలి.
## [08:32–09:02] పాఠశాల ప్రారంభించే ఉద్దేశం
ఏ పాఠశాల ప్రారంభించినా, మొదట దాని ఉద్దేశం స్పష్టంగా ఉండాలి.
ఇతర వ్యాపారాల మాదిరిగా కేవలం డబ్బు సంపాదించడమే లక్ష్యంగా విద్యాసంస్థను నడపకూడదు.
విద్యార్థుల అభివృద్ధి, నాణ్యమైన బోధన, ఉపాధ్యాయుల సంక్షేమం, సమాజ సేవ ప్రధాన లక్ష్యాలు కావాలి.
## [09:02–09:29] పాఠశాల ఖర్చుల వాస్తవం
కొత్త పాఠశాలలకు:
- భూమి కొనుగోలు.
- భవన నిర్మాణం.
- ఉపాధ్యాయుల జీతాలు.
- ఇతర సిబ్బంది జీతాలు.
- మరమ్మతులు.
- నిర్వహణ.
- బస్సులు.
- భద్రత.
- విద్యా పరికరాలు.
వంటి ఖర్చులు ఉంటాయి.
ఫీజు నుంచి వచ్చే ఆదాయం, మొత్తం ఖర్చు, మిగులు—ఇవన్నీ సరిగా లెక్కించాలి.
## [09:29–09:47] ఫీజు నిర్మాణం
పాఠశాల తన వర్గం, మౌలిక వసతులు, సిబ్బంది, నిర్వహణ ఖర్చులకు అనుగుణంగా ఫీజు నిర్ణయించాలి.
అధిక ఫీజు వసూలు చేస్తే, ఆ డబ్బు పిల్లల విద్య, ఉపాధ్యాయుల జీతాలు, భద్రత, వసతుల కోసం ఉపయోగించబడుతోందా అని చూడాలి.
## [09:47–10:04] ఉపాధ్యాయుల జీతాలు
ప్రభుత్వ ప్రమాణాల ప్రకారం ఉపాధ్యాయులకు జీతాలు చెల్లించాల్సి ఉంటుంది.
కొన్ని పాఠశాలలు ఫీజు ఎక్కువగా వసూలు చేసినా, ఉపాధ్యాయులకు తగిన జీతాలు ఇవ్వకపోవచ్చు.
ఇది విద్య నాణ్యతను దెబ్బతీస్తుంది. మంచి ఉపాధ్యాయులను నిలుపుకోవాలంటే గౌరవప్రదమైన జీతాలు, పని వాతావరణం అవసరం.
## [10:04–10:21] ₹5 లక్షల ఫీజు ఎక్కడికి వెళ్తుంది?
ఒక తల్లిదండ్రి పాఠశాల ఫీజుగా ₹5 లక్షలు చెల్లించారు అనుకుందాం.
ఆ డబ్బు:
- మౌలిక వసతులకు?
- నిర్వహణకు?
- ఉపాధ్యాయుల జీతాలకు?
- భద్రతకు?
- లైబ్రరీకి?
- బస్సులకు?
- లేక యాజమాన్యం వ్యక్తిగత లాభానికి?
వెళ్తుందా అని తెలుసుకునే హక్కు తల్లిదండ్రులకు ఉంది.
## [10:21–10:44] పాఠశాల మార్పులు
కొన్ని పాఠశాలల్లో LKG నుంచి 10వ లేదా 12వ తరగతి వరకు విద్య కొనసాగుతుంది.
మరికొన్ని పాఠశాలల్లో తల్లిదండ్రులు ఏడాది తర్వాతే పిల్లలను మరో పాఠశాలకు మార్చుతారు. ఒక పాఠశాల నుంచి మరోదానికి మారడానికి కారణాలు ఫీజు, సౌకర్యాలు, విద్యా నాణ్యత లేదా సామాజిక ప్రభావం కావచ్చు.
## [10:44–11:19] పాఠశాల అంటే భవనం కాదు
ఒక చిన్న గ్రామీణ పాఠశాల ఇంటి వెనుక భాగంలోనే ప్రారంభమై ఉండవచ్చు. అక్కడ పెద్ద మౌలిక వసతులు లేకపోవచ్చు.
పూర్వం పిల్లలు చెట్టు కింద కూర్చుని చదివేవారు.
మౌలిక వసతులు ముఖ్యం. కానీ అవే విద్యకు మూలం కాదు. బ్లాక్బోర్డు నుంచి వైట్బోర్డు, తర్వాత స్మార్ట్ బోర్డు, డిజిటల్ బోర్డుల వరకు మార్పు వచ్చింది.
సాంకేతికత అవసరం. కానీ బోధన–అభ్యాసం ప్రధానంగా ఉండాలి.
## [11:19–11:45] వేర్లు, రెక్కలు
పిల్లలకు మంచి సౌకర్యాలు ఇవ్వాలి. అదే సమయంలో వారి వేర్లు—సంస్కృతి, విలువలు, బాధ్యత—బలంగా ఉండాలి.
రెక్కలు అంటే కొత్త ప్రపంచంలో ఎగరగలిగే నైపుణ్యం.
వేర్లు లేకపోతే పిల్లలు స్థిరంగా ఉండలేరు. రెక్కలు లేకపోతే ఎదగలేరు.
## [11:45–12:05] అదనపు ఫీజు వినియోగం
ట్రస్ట్ పాఠశాలలు తక్కువ ఫీజుతో మంచి విద్య ఇస్తే, అంతర్జాతీయ పాఠశాలల్లో అదనంగా చెల్లించే డబ్బు ఏం ఇస్తోంది అని తల్లిదండ్రులు ప్రశ్నించాలి.
అదనపు ఫీజు నిజంగా పిల్లల తరగతి గదులు, ఉపాధ్యాయులు, విద్యా వనరులు, భద్రత, విద్యార్థి అనుభవంపై ప్రతిఫలిస్తుందా?
## [12:05–12:29] లైబ్రరీ ఉదాహరణ
ఒక పాఠశాలలో డిజిటల్ లైబ్రరీ ఉండవచ్చు. మరో పాఠశాలలో సాధారణ లైబ్రరీ ఉండవచ్చు.
డిజిటల్ లైబ్రరీ ఉన్నా, పిల్లలు పుస్తకాలు చదవకపోతే దాని ప్రయోజనం ఏమిటి?
అలాగే చిన్న లైబ్రరీలోని పుస్తకాలను పిల్లలు ఉపయోగించి, చదివి, తిరిగి ఉంచితే అది నిజమైన విద్యా వనరు.
## [12:29–12:44] ఉపయోగపడే మౌలిక వసతులు
ఒక లైబ్రరీ అందంగా కనిపించడం కంటే, పిల్లలు దాన్ని ఉపయోగిస్తున్నారా అనేది ముఖ్యం.
విద్యా వనరులు పిల్లల చేతుల్లోకి వెళ్లాలి. వాటిని కేవలం షోకేస్లో పెట్టి సందర్శకులకు చూపించడం వల్ల విద్య మెరుగుపడదు.
## [12:44–13:02] యాజమాన్యానికి తగిన పారితోషికం
పాఠశాల స్థాపకులు, నిర్వాహకులు తమ పని, ప్రయాణం, జీవన అవసరాలకు తగిన పారితోషికం తీసుకోవచ్చు.
కానీ పిల్లల ఫీజును వ్యక్తిగత అధిక లాభంగా మార్చుకోవడం విద్యా రంగానికి హానికరం.
ఫీజులో పెద్ద భాగం పిల్లలకు, ఉపాధ్యాయులకు, విద్యా నాణ్యతకు వెళ్లాలి.
## [13:02–13:26] సంప్రదాయం, ఆధునికత
సాంకేతిక మార్పులకు అనుగుణంగా పాఠశాలలు మారాలి. కానీ తమ సంప్రదాయం, సంస్కృతి, విలువలను కోల్పోవద్దు.
“హాయ్”, “గుడ్ మార్నింగ్” అనడం తప్పు కాదు. కానీ మన సంప్రదాయ నమస్కారాన్ని మర్చిపోవాల్సిన అవసరం లేదు.
## [13:26–13:55] విలువలు
తరతరాలుగా వచ్చిన మంచి విలువలు కొనసాగాలి.
మానవత్వం, పెద్దల పట్ల గౌరవం, సహాయం, బాధ్యత, నిజాయితీ వంటి విలువలను ప్రత్యేకంగా “మోరల్ ఎడ్యుకేషన్” పిరియడ్లో మాత్రమే కాకుండా, రోజువారీ పాఠశాల జీవితంలో నేర్పాలి.
## [13:55–14:16] కథల ద్వారా విలువలు
పిల్లలు తప్పు చేస్తే నేరుగా అవమానించకుండా, కథలు, అసెంబ్లీ ప్రసంగాలు, ఉదాహరణల ద్వారా విలువలు నేర్పవచ్చు.
ఒక పిల్లవాడు పడిపోయినప్పుడు మిగతావారు వెళ్లిపోకుండా సహాయం చేయడం, గొడవను ఆపడం వంటి సందర్భాల ద్వారా సహానుభూతి నేర్పాలి.
## [14:16–14:36] జీవన నైపుణ్యాలు
పాఠశాలలు 21వ శతాబ్దపు నైపుణ్యాల గురించి మాట్లాడుతున్నాయి.
అయితే పిల్లలు జీవితంలో ఎక్కడికి వెళ్లినా నిలబడగలిగే జీవన నైపుణ్యాలు కూడా అవసరం:
- సరైనది, తప్పు గుర్తించడం.
- పెద్దలను గౌరవించడం.
- బాధ్యత తీసుకోవడం.
- సమస్యలు పరిష్కరించడం.
- ఇతరులతో కలిసి పనిచేయడం.
## [14:36–14:56] ప్రపంచంలో ఎక్కడైనా నిలబడేలా విద్య
పిల్లలకు డిజిటల్ నైపుణ్యాలు, మంచి ఎక్స్పోజర్ అవసరం. కానీ విలువలు లేకపోతే ఆ నైపుణ్యాలు తప్పుదోవ పట్టవచ్చు.
పిల్లలు ఏ దేశానికి వెళ్లినా, ఏ పరిస్థితిలో ఉన్నా, తమను తాము నిర్వహించుకోగలిగేలా పాఠశాల శిక్షణ ఇవ్వాలి.
## [14:56–15:14] ఇంటి ప్రభావం
**హోస్ట్:** పిల్లలను విలువలతో, నేలతో అనుసంధానంగా ఉంచడానికి తల్లిదండ్రులు ఇంట్లో ఏం చేయాలి?
**రామాదేవి:** పిల్లలు మీరు చెప్పేది చేయరు; మీరు చేసేదే చేస్తారు.
తల్లిదండ్రులు ప్రవర్తన ద్వారా విలువలు నేర్పాలి.
## [15:14–15:33] తల్లిదండ్రుల ఉదాహరణ
మీరు ఇంట్లో మీ తల్లిదండ్రులను, అత్తమామలను ఎలా చూసుకుంటున్నారో పిల్లలు గమనిస్తారు.
“పెద్దలను గౌరవించాలి” అని చెప్పడం మాత్రమే కాదు; మీరు పెద్దలను గౌరవంగా చూసుకోవాలి.
పిల్లలు మాటలకంటే చర్యలను అనుకరిస్తారు.
## [15:33–15:56] అతిగా రక్షణ
తల్లిదండ్రులు ఇప్పుడు పిల్లలను చాలా ఎక్కువగా రక్షిస్తున్నారు.
పాఠశాలలో పిల్లల మధ్య చిన్న గొడవ జరిగినా, పిల్లలు మరుసటి రోజే మళ్లీ స్నేహితులవుతారు. కానీ తల్లిదండ్రులు వెంటనే పాఠశాలకు వచ్చి ఎవరి తప్పో ప్రశ్నిస్తారు.
పిల్లలకు సహాయం చేయాలి. కానీ ప్రతి చిన్న సమస్యను తల్లిదండ్రులే పరిష్కరించకూడదు.
## [15:56–16:30] పిల్లలు సమస్యలను ఎదుర్కోవాలి
తల్లిదండ్రులు పిల్లలకు మద్దతు ఇవ్వాలి. అవసరమైతే జోక్యం చేసుకోవాలి.
కానీ పిల్లలను సవాళ్లను ఎదుర్కొనేలా కూడా చేయాలి.
ప్రతి సమస్య నుంచి వారిని కాపాడితే, స్వతంత్రంగా నిర్ణయాలు తీసుకోవడం నేర్చుకోలేరు.
సరైన స్వేచ్ఛ, సరైన సమయంలో జోక్యం—రెండూ అవసరం.
## [16:30–16:49] ట్రస్ట్ పాఠశాలలు vs అంతర్జాతీయ పాఠశాలలు
ట్రస్ట్ పాఠశాలలో చదివే పిల్లలు తప్పనిసరిగా ఎక్కువ విలువలతో ఉంటారని, అంతర్జాతీయ పాఠశాల పిల్లలు విలువలు లేనివారని చెప్పలేం.
పిల్లల ప్రవర్తన పాఠశాల, కుటుంబం, మీడియా, స్నేహితులు, వారు పొందే అనుభవాలపై ఆధారపడి ఉంటుంది.
## [16:49–17:12] పాఠశాల వాతావరణం
ఒక పాఠశాలలో పిల్లలు ఎలా ప్రవర్తిస్తారో, అక్కడి ఎక్స్పోజర్ మరియు శిక్షణను బట్టి మారుతుంది.
ప్రభుత్వ పాఠశాలలు, ట్రస్ట్ పాఠశాలలు, అధిక ఫీజు పాఠశాలలు—ఏ పాఠశాలలోనైనా మంచి పిల్లలు ఉండవచ్చు. అదే విధంగా సమస్యాత్మక ప్రవర్తన కూడా ఉండవచ్చు.
## [17:12–17:36] తల్లిదండ్రుల సామాజిక వర్గం
కొంతమంది తల్లిదండ్రులు పిల్లలు కేవలం “ఎలైట్” వర్గంలోనే తిరగాలని కోరుకుంటారు.
హైదరాబాద్లో కొన్ని బొటిక్ పాఠశాలలు కూడా ఉన్నాయి. అక్కడ పాఠశాల ఎంపికకు కారణం విద్య కంటే పిల్లలకు ఒక ప్రత్యేక సామాజిక వర్గం రావాలని ఉండవచ్చు.
అయితే సామాజిక స్థాయి కంటే విలువలు, బాధ్యత, మానవత్వం ముఖ్యమైనవి.
## [17:36–17:53] సంపద, విలువలు
చాలా ధనిక కుటుంబాలకు చెందిన కొంతమంది పిల్లలు కూడా మంచి విలువలతో ఉండవచ్చు. సాధారణ కుటుంబాల పిల్లలు కూడా గొప్ప వ్యక్తులుగా ఎదగవచ్చు.
డబ్బు లేదా పాఠశాల ఫీజు మాత్రమే ఒక పిల్లవాడి వ్యక్తిత్వాన్ని నిర్ణయించదు.
## [17:53–18:17] వేర్లు ఎందుకు ముఖ్యం?
పిల్లలు భవిష్యత్తు పౌరులు.
వారికి:
- దేశం పట్ల బాధ్యత.
- ఇతరుల పట్ల గౌరవం.
- కష్టపడి పనిచేసే అలవాటు.
- వినయం.
- సామాజిక బాధ్యత.
ఉండాలి.
తల్లిదండ్రులు పిల్లలను కేవలం తమ కుటుంబ ప్రతిష్ఠ కోసం కాకుండా, సమాజానికి బాధ్యతాయుతమైన వ్యక్తులుగా పెంచాలి.
## [18:17–18:36] సాంగత్యం మరియు విలువలు
పిల్లలు ఎలాంటి సమూహంలో ఉంటే, వారి ఆలోచనలు, అలవాట్లు కూడా ప్రభావితమవుతాయి.
పాఠశాల ఒక భాగం మాత్రమే. కుటుంబం, స్నేహితులు, మీడియా, పరిసరాలు కూడా సమానంగా ప్రభావం చూపుతాయి.
## [18:36–19:19] తల్లిదండ్రులు, సమాజం, బాధ్యత
పిల్లల అభివృద్ధికి తల్లిదండ్రులు, పాఠశాల, తాతయ్య–అమ్మమ్మలు, బంధువులు, సమాజం—అందరూ బాధ్యత వహించాలి.
“ఇది పాఠశాల పని మాత్రమే” లేదా “ఇది తల్లిదండ్రుల పని మాత్రమే” అని చెప్పడం సరైంది కాదు.
ప్రతి ఒక్కరూ తమ పాత్రను నిర్వర్తించాలి.
## [19:19–19:41] గురువుల విలువ
గొప్ప ఉపాధ్యాయులు పిల్లల జీవితాలను మార్చగలరు.
ఉపాధ్యాయుడు కేవలం పాఠ్యపుస్తకం చెప్పేవాడు కాదు. అతను పిల్లల ఆలోచన, విలువలు, నిర్ణయాలు, భవిష్యత్తుపై ప్రభావం చూపుతాడు.
## [19:41–20:08] డా. ఏ.పీ.జే. అబ్దుల్ కలాం ఉదాహరణ
డా. ఏ.పీ.జే. అబ్దుల్ కలాం రాష్ట్రపతిగా ఉన్నప్పటికీ చాలా సరళంగా జీవించారు.
పిల్లలతో మాట్లాడుతూనే మరణించడం ఆయనకు గౌరవప్రదమైన ముగింపు అని వక్త భావిస్తున్నారు.
ఆయన ఎక్కువ వస్తువులు, దుస్తులు, ఆస్తులు కూడబెట్టలేదు. ఆయన జీవితం వేర్లు, వినయం, సేవకు ఉదాహరణ.
## [20:08–20:28] విదేశాల్లో పని, భారతదేశంలో గౌరవం
భారతీయ తల్లిదండ్రులు తమ పిల్లలను విదేశాలకు పంపితే, వారు పెట్రోల్ బంక్లో లేదా గ్రాసరీ స్టోర్లో పని చేయడాన్ని గౌరవంగా చూస్తారు.
కానీ అదే పని భారతదేశంలో చేస్తే “గౌరవం లేని పని”గా భావించవచ్చు.
ఇది సమాజంలో ఉన్న ద్వంద్వ ప్రమాణం.
## [20:28–20:47] శ్రమ గౌరవం
ఏ పని చేసినా, నిజాయితీగా చేస్తే అది గౌరవప్రదమే.
సమాజం, తల్లిదండ్రులు, పాఠశాలలు—అందరూ పిల్లలకు శ్రమ గౌరవాన్ని నేర్పాలి.
## [20:47–21:06] డబ్బు విలువ నేర్పడం
రామాదేవి తన పిల్లలకు డబ్బు విలువను నేర్పడానికి ఒకసారి తన జీతం, భర్త జీతం గురించి వారికి వివరించారు.
“ఇది మన ఆదాయం. మీరు ఎలా నిర్వహిస్తారో ఆలోచించండి” అని చెప్పారు.
దాంతో పిల్లలకు డబ్బును ఎలా ఖర్చు చేయాలి, ఎలా ఆదా చేయాలి అనే అవగాహన వచ్చింది.
## [21:06–21:27] పిల్లలకు ఆర్థిక బాధ్యత
ఒక బంధువు పిల్లవాడిని తన వద్ద పని నేర్చుకోవడానికి పంపాడు. అతనికి కొంత పారితోషికం ఇచ్చారు.
పిల్లలు స్వయంగా సంపాదించి, డబ్బు విలువను తెలుసుకున్నప్పుడు, “నాకు ఇది కావాలి, అది కావాలి” అని అడిగే ముందు ఆలోచించడం ప్రారంభిస్తారు.
## [21:27–21:48] ఇంట్లో ఆర్థిక విద్య
పాఠశాలల్లో ఫైనాన్షియల్ లిటరసీ కార్యక్రమాలు ఉండవచ్చు.
కానీ ఇంట్లోనూ చిన్న విషయాల ద్వారా పిల్లలకు డబ్బు విలువ నేర్పవచ్చు:
- అవసరం, కోరిక మధ్య తేడా.
- సంపాదన.
- పొదుపు.
- ఖర్చు.
- ఇతరులకు సహాయం.
## [21:48–22:08] ఇవ్వడం, వదిలేయడం
ఇంటికి పనిచేసే వ్యక్తి వచ్చినప్పుడు నీళ్లు, టీ లేదా ఆహారం కావాలా అని అడగడం చిన్న విషయం అనిపించవచ్చు.
కానీ ఇది పిల్లలకు మానవత్వం, గౌరవం, కృతజ్ఞత నేర్పుతుంది.
పిల్లలకు ఇవ్వడం, పంచుకోవడం, వదిలేయడం నేర్పాలి.
## [22:08–22:44] దానం, కృతజ్ఞత
కొన్ని పాఠశాలల్లో “జాయ్ ఆఫ్ గివింగ్” కార్యక్రమాలు నిర్వహిస్తారు.
పిల్లలు తమ తల్లిదండ్రుల నుంచి డబ్బు తీసుకుని ఇవ్వకుండా, స్వయంగా చిన్న పనులు చేసి డబ్బు సంపాదించి, దానిని పాఠశాలకు అందిస్తారు.
ఆ డబ్బును అవసరమైన పిల్లలకు సహాయం చేయడానికి ఉపయోగిస్తారు.
ఇలాంటి కార్యక్రమాలు బాధ్యత, కృతజ్ఞత, దానం నేర్పుతాయి.
## [22:44–23:23] మారుతున్న పేరెంటింగ్
గతంలో తల్లిదండ్రులు పాఠశాలలను పూర్తిగా నమ్మేవారు.
పిల్లలను దూరంలోని పాఠశాలలకు పంపినా, తరచుగా పాఠశాలకు వెళ్లి రిపోర్ట్ అడిగేవారు కాదు.
పిల్లలు రిపోర్ట్ కార్డు తీసుకొస్తే సంతకం చేసి పంపేవారు.
## [23:23–24:06] తల్లిదండ్రులు–పాఠశాల భాగస్వామ్యం
తర్వాతి తరంలో తల్లిదండ్రులు పాఠశాలకు వచ్చి:
- నా పిల్ల ఎలా చేస్తున్నాడు?
- ఏమైనా సహాయం అవసరమా?
- ఇంట్లో నేను ఏం చేయాలి?
అని అడిగేవారు.
ఇది ప్రశ్నించడం కాదు; పాఠశాలతో భాగస్వామ్యంగా పనిచేయడం.
## [24:06–24:48] ఫీజు చెల్లిస్తున్నాం కాబట్టి అన్నీ మన హక్కేనా?
నేటి తల్లిదండ్రులు “నేను ఫీజు చెల్లిస్తున్నాను కాబట్టి నాకు కావాల్సింది పాఠశాల ఇవ్వాలి” అని భావిస్తారు.
ప్రశ్నించే హక్కు తల్లిదండ్రులకు ఉంది. కానీ ప్రశ్నించే విధానం కూడా ముఖ్యం.
“నేను డబ్బు చెల్లిస్తున్నాను కాబట్టి మీరు నా మాట వినాలి” అనే దృక్కోణం పాఠశాల–తల్లిదండ్రుల నమ్మకాన్ని దెబ్బతీస్తుంది.
## [24:48–25:24] పాఠశాలపై హక్కు భావన
తల్లిదండ్రులు పిల్లలకు సురక్షితమైన ప్రదేశం కావాలని కోరుకోవడం సహజం.
కానీ మంచి విద్య అంటే కేవలం:
- AC తరగతులు.
- పెద్ద భవనం.
- విలాసవంతమైన బస్సులు.
- CCTV.
- ఖరీదైన ఫర్నిచర్.
కాదు.
బోధన, ఉపాధ్యాయ–విద్యార్థి సంబంధం, నేర్చుకోవడం—ఇవే అసలు విద్య.
## [25:24–25:55] ఉపాధ్యాయుడి పాత్ర
ఉపాధ్యాయుడిని కేవలం సేవ అందించే ఉద్యోగిగా చూడకూడదు.
ఆమె లేదా అతను పిల్లల అభివృద్ధికి సహాయపడే మార్గదర్శి.
తల్లిదండ్రులు ఉపాధ్యాయులపై కొంత నమ్మకం ఉంచాలి. సరైన నమ్మకం, సహకారం ఉంటే ఉపాధ్యాయులు పిల్లలలో అద్భుతమైన మార్పులు తీసుకురాగలరు.
## [25:55–26:35] CCTV పర్యవేక్షణ
నేటి పాఠశాలల్లో CCTVలు ఉన్నాయి. కొంతమంది తల్లిదండ్రులు 24 గంటలూ పిల్లల తరగతిని చూడాలనుకుంటారు.
కానీ కొన్ని ఉపాధ్యాయులకు, “ఎప్పుడూ ఎవరో గమనిస్తున్నారు” అనే భావన కలుగుతుంది.
ఎవరైనా మన పనిని నిరంతరం గమనిస్తుంటే, మనకు సహజంగానే అసౌకర్యం కలుగుతుంది.
## [26:35–26:58] CCTV ఉపయోగం
CCTV ఉపయోగకరమైన సందర్భాలు:
- ప్రమాదాలు.
- దొంగతనం.
- హింస.
- భద్రతా సమస్యలు.
- పాఠశాల బయట జరిగే సంఘటనలు.
కానీ ప్రతి తరగతి గదిలో ఉపాధ్యాయుడిపై నిరంతర పర్యవేక్షణగా ఉపయోగించడం జాగ్రత్తగా చేయాలి.
## [26:58–27:17] ఉపాధ్యాయుల స్వీయ పరిశీలన
CCTV రికార్డింగ్ను ఉపాధ్యాయులను శిక్షించడానికి కాకుండా, వారు తమ బోధనను మెరుగుపరుచుకోవడానికి ఉపయోగించవచ్చు.
ఉపాధ్యాయురాలు తన తరగతిని చూసి:
- నేను ఎలా మాట్లాడాను?
- పిల్లలు అర్థం చేసుకున్నారా?
- నేను ఎక్కువగా అరచానా?
- బోధనలో మార్పు అవసరమా?
అని ఆలోచించవచ్చు.
## [27:17–27:43] పిల్లలను అవమానించకూడదు
కేరళలోని ఒక కోర్టు తీర్పును ప్రస్తావిస్తూ, ఏ ఉపాధ్యాయుడికీ పిల్లలను అవమానించే హక్కు లేదని చెప్పారు.
చేయి ఎత్తడం గురించి పక్కన పెడితే, మాటలతో అవమానించడమూ తప్పే.
అయితే పిల్లలను సరిదిద్దడం ఉపాధ్యాయుడి బాధ్యత.
## [27:43–28:24] శిక్ష మరియు సరిదిద్దడం
పిల్లలను ఎలా సరిదిద్దాలి అనేది చర్చించాల్సిన విషయం.
పాత కాలంలో శారీరక శిక్షను సాధారణంగా అంగీకరించేవారు. కానీ నేటి పిల్లలు చాలా రక్షణతో పెరుగుతున్నారు.
ఇంట్లో వారు కిందపడినా తల్లిదండ్రులు వెంటనే ఎత్తుకుంటారు. “ఇది నీ తప్పు కాదు, నేల తప్పు” అని చెబుతారు.
అందువల్ల వారు విమర్శ లేదా కఠినమైన మాటలను తట్టుకోలేకపోవచ్చు.
## [28:24–29:07] కొట్టకుండా నేర్పడం
చట్టం పిల్లలను కొట్టకూడదని చెబుతోంది. దాన్ని తప్పక పాటించాలి.
అయితే పిల్లల భవిష్యత్తు పట్ల మన బాధ్యత కొనసాగుతుంది. పిల్లలను బాధ్యతాయుతమైన పౌరులుగా తీర్చిదిద్దాలి.
కథలు, సాధారణ ఉదాహరణలు, అసెంబ్లీ ప్రసంగాలు, వ్యక్తిగతంగా మాట్లాడటం వంటి పద్ధతులతో పిల్లలను సరిదిద్దవచ్చు.
ఒక పిల్లవాడిని అందరి ముందు అవమానించకుండా, సాధారణంగా కథ రూపంలో సందేశం ఇవ్వవచ్చు.
## [29:07–29:41] కథల ద్వారా బోధన
ఉపాధ్యాయులు పిల్లల ప్రవర్తన నుంచి ఉదాహరణలు తీసుకుని కథలు తయారు చేయవచ్చు.
ఎవరినీ పేరు పెట్టి అవమానించకుండా, మొత్తం అసెంబ్లీని ఉద్దేశించి కథ చెప్పాలి.
వెయ్యి మంది పిల్లల్లో ఇద్దరు మారినా, అది గొప్ప ఫలితం.
## [29:41–30:19] రాళ్లతో ఆడిన సంఘటన
పిల్లలు రాళ్లతో ఆడటం సాధారణం. ఒకరిపై ఒకరు రాళ్లు విసరడం ప్రమాదకరం.
ఒక తల్లిదండ్రి, “పాఠశాలలో రాళ్లు ఎందుకు ఉన్నాయి? అన్నీ తొలగించాలి” అని ఆగ్రహించారు.
ఉపాధ్యాయులు సమస్యను పరిష్కరించలేకపోయారు. ప్రిన్సిపల్గా రామాదేవి ఆ తల్లిదండ్రితో ప్రశాంతంగా మాట్లాడాలని నిర్ణయించారు.
## [30:19–30:53] అసెంబ్లీలో పరోక్ష బోధన
ఆమె నేరుగా ఆ తల్లిదండ్రిని లేదా పిల్లవాడిని అందరి ముందు విమర్శించలేదు.
అసెంబ్లీలో ఒక కథ చెప్పి, ఇతరులను గాయపరచడం, రాళ్లు విసరడం, తప్పు చేసినప్పుడు బాధ్యత తీసుకోవడం వంటి విషయాలను వివరించింది.
ప్రేమతో సరిదిద్దడానికి ప్రయత్నించినవారికే ఆ హక్కు ఉంటుంది.
## [30:53–31:17] ఉపాధ్యాయుల శిక్షణ
ఉపాధ్యాయులు పిల్లలను కొట్టకూడదు. కానీ కొట్టకుండా ఎలా సరిదిద్దాలో వారికి శిక్షణ అవసరం.
ఉపాధ్యాయులు కూడా తప్పులు చేయవచ్చు. ప్రిన్సిపల్ అందరి ముందు వారిని అవమానించకూడదు.
వారిని ఒంటరిగా పిలిచి, ఏమి గమనించారో చెప్పాలి. తప్పు ఉంటే సరిదిద్దుకునే అవకాశం ఇవ్వాలి.
## [31:17–31:56] గురువు పాత్ర, పిల్లల స్వతంత్రత
ఉపాధ్యాయుడు, తల్లిదండ్రుడు, ప్రిన్సిపల్ ఎప్పుడూ నేర్చుకుంటూనే ఉండాలి.
పిల్లలు చిన్నవారిగా ఉన్నంతకాలం వారికి రక్షణ అవసరం. కానీ పెద్దయ్యాక, తల్లిదండ్రులు లేకపోయినా వారు జీవితాన్ని ఎదుర్కొనేలా పెంచాలి.
రక్షణతో పాటు స్వాతంత్ర్యం ఇవ్వాలి.
## [31:56–32:18] బోధన వృత్తికి గౌరవం
**హోస్ట్:** భారతదేశంలో తెలివైన విద్యార్థులు ఎక్కువగా టీచర్ కావాలని కోరుకోరు. అందరూ IIT, IIM, డాక్టర్ లేదా ఇంజనీర్ కావాలని అనుకుంటారు. సమాజం టీచర్ వృత్తిని తక్కువగా చూస్తుందా?
## [32:18–32:57] పాత తరాల వృత్తి దృక్కోణం
తాను చదువుతున్నప్పుడు తల్లిదండ్రులు ప్రధానంగా రెండు వృత్తుల గురించే ఆలోచించేవారని రామాదేవి చెబుతున్నారు:
- డాక్టర్.
- ఇంజనీర్.
తర్వాత IAS, బ్యాంకింగ్ వంటి వృత్తులు కూడా చేరాయి.
అత్యుత్తమ విద్యార్థులు డాక్టర్ లేదా ఇంజనీర్ కావాలని భావించే సంస్కృతి ఉండేది.
## [32:57–33:41] వృత్తుల విస్తరణ
గ్లోబలైజేషన్, మీడియా వల్ల కొత్త తరానికి అనేక వృత్తులు పరిచయం అయ్యాయి.
పిల్లలు ఇప్పుడు:
- వ్యాపారవేత్త.
- డిజైనర్.
- క్రీడాకారుడు.
- కళాకారుడు.
- శాస్త్రవేత్త.
- టీచర్.
వంటి అనేక మార్గాలను ఎంచుకుంటున్నారు.
తల్లిదండ్రులు కూడా పిల్లలకు కొంత స్వేచ్ఛ ఇవ్వడం ప్రారంభించారు.
## [33:41–34:16] ప్రతి రంగంలో నైపుణ్యం అవసరం
గతంలో MPC, BPC చదివినవారినే తెలివైనవారిగా భావించేవారు. BA, BCom వంటి కోర్సులను తక్కువగా చూసేవారు.
ఇప్పుడు అనేక రంగాలు అభివృద్ధి చెందాయి. ప్రతి రంగంలోనూ ప్రతిభావంతులు అవసరం.
డా. ఏ.పీ.జే. అబ్దుల్ కలాం, డా. సి.వి. రామన్, సర్వేపల్లి రాధాకృష్ణన్ వంటి గొప్పవారు విద్యావేత్తలు కూడా.
## [34:16–34:57] మంచి విద్యార్థి సరిపోదు
ఒక విద్యార్థి అద్భుతమైన మార్కులు సాధించాడని మాత్రమే అతను మంచి ఉపాధ్యాయుడు అవుతాడని కాదు.
డాక్టర్కు గొప్ప మార్కులు ఉన్నా, రోగితో ఎలా మాట్లాడాలో తెలియకపోతే అతను మంచి వైద్యుడు కాదు.
అలాగే ఉపాధ్యాయుడికి విషయ పరిజ్ఞానం మాత్రమే కాకుండా, పిల్లలను అర్థం చేసుకునే సామర్థ్యం, ఓర్పు, సంభాషణ నైపుణ్యం అవసరం.
## [34:57–35:15] ఉపాధ్యాయుడికి పిల్లలపై ప్రేమ
ఉపాధ్యాయుడికి మొదట పిల్లలపై ప్రేమ ఉండాలి.
“నాకు వేరే ఉద్యోగం దొరకలేదు కాబట్టి టీచర్ అయ్యాను” అనే దృక్కోణం సరైంది కాదు.
పిల్లలతో పనిచేయడం ఒక బాధ్యత, ఒక పిలుపు, ఒక సేవా వృత్తి.
## [35:15–35:33] ప్రతి పిల్లవాడు భిన్నం
ప్రతి పిల్లవాడు వేర్వేరు కుటుంబ నేపథ్యం నుంచి వస్తాడు.
అందరినీ ఒకే రీతిలో బోధించలేం. ఉపాధ్యాయుడు ప్రతి పిల్లవాడి:
- కుటుంబ పరిస్థితి.
- మానసిక స్థితి.
- నేర్చుకునే వేగం.
- ఆసక్తులు.
- బలాలు, బలహీనతలు.
గమనించాలి.
జీతం ముఖ్యం. కానీ ఉపాధ్యాయ వృత్తిని ఎంచుకున్న తర్వాత పిల్లలలోని ఉత్తమాన్ని బయటకు తేవడం ప్రధాన బాధ్యత.
## [35:33] గురువు మహిమ
భారతీయ సంప్రదాయంలో:
> **గురుర్ బ్రహ్మా గురుర్ విష్ణుః
> గురుర్ దేవో మహేశ్వరః ।
> గురుః సాక్షాత్ పరబ్రహ్మ
> తస్మై శ్రీ గురవే నమః ॥**
గురువును సృష్టి, పరిరక్షణ, మార్పు శక్తులకు ప్రతీకగా చూస్తారు.
ఉపాధ్యాయుడు పిల్లల జీవితాన్ని మార్చగలడు. అందుకే ఆ వృత్తికి గౌరవం, నిబద్ధత, బాధ్యత అవసరం.
> మీరు పంపిన ట్రాన్స్క్రిప్ట్ **[35:33] వద్ద ముగిసింది**. కాబట్టి అక్కడి తర్వాతి వీడియో భాగానికి మూల వచనం లేకుండా ఖచ్చితమైన అనువాదం ఇవ్వలేను.[1]
Citations:
[1] How To Master Seduction, Understand Desire & Influence People | Robert Greene | FO565 Raj Shamani https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4qPp_3_f2Y
# తెలుగు అనువాదం
## [35:15–35:33] ఉపాధ్యాయ వృత్తిపై ఆసక్తి
కొంతమంది ఉపాధ్యాయులు ఉద్యోగంలో చేరిన తర్వాత మారిపోతారు. “నాకు వేరే ఉద్యోగం దొరకలేదు; టీచర్ ఉద్యోగం సులభంగా ఉంటుందని భావించి చేరాను” అనుకుంటారు.
కానీ అలా ఆగిపోకూడదు. నిరంతరం మెరుగుపడటానికి ప్రయత్నించాలి.
మొదట పిల్లలపై ప్రేమ ఉండాలి. తర్వాత ప్రతి పిల్లవాడిని అర్థం చేసుకోవాలి. ప్రతి పిల్లవాడు వేర్వేరు కుటుంబ, సామాజిక నేపథ్యం నుంచి వస్తాడు.
## [35:33–35:54] ఉపాధ్యాయుడి బాధ్యత
ఉపాధ్యాయులకు జీవించడానికి జీతం అవసరం. కానీ ఈ వృత్తిని ఎంచుకున్న తర్వాత పిల్లల్లోని ఉత్తమ సామర్థ్యాన్ని వెలికి తీయాలి.
గురువు బ్రహ్మ, గురువు విష్ణువు, గురువు మహేశ్వరుడు అని మన సంప్రదాయంలో గురువుకు ఎంతో గౌరవం ఇచ్చాం.
ఉపాధ్యాయుడు పిల్లల జీవితాన్ని తీర్చిదిద్దే వ్యక్తి.
## [35:54–36:11] ప్రత్యేక విద్య
కొంతమంది విద్యార్థులు తర్వాత సైకాలజిస్టులు, కౌన్సెలర్లుగా మారి పాఠశాలల్లో శిక్షణ కోసం వస్తున్నారు.
మరో విద్యార్థి డౌన్ సిండ్రోమ్ వంటి ప్రత్యేక అవసరాలున్న పిల్లలకు ప్రత్యేక విద్య అందించే వృత్తిని ఎంచుకుంది.
చిన్న వయస్సులోనే స్పెషల్ ఎడ్యుకేటర్ కావడం చాలా బాధ్యతతో కూడిన పని.
## [36:11–36:33] ప్రత్యేక ఉపాధ్యాయుడికి సహనం
ప్రత్యేక విద్యా ఉపాధ్యాయుడికి చాలా ఓర్పు అవసరం.
అది సాధారణ ఉపాధ్యాయుడి పని కంటే మరింత సున్నితమైనది, క్లిష్టమైనది కావచ్చు.
ఇలాంటి వృత్తిని ఎంచుకోవడంలో మార్కులు మాత్రమే కాదు—ఆసక్తి, సహనం, పిల్లలపై ప్రేమ ముఖ్యమైనవి.
## [36:33–36:57] మంచి ఉపాధ్యాయుడు ఎవరు?
అత్యధిక మార్కులు సాధించిన వ్యక్తి తప్పనిసరిగా మంచి ఉపాధ్యాయుడు అవుతాడని లేదు.
అదే విధంగా సగటు విద్యార్థి మంచి ఉపాధ్యాయుడు కాలేడని కూడా చెప్పలేం.
అనుభవం, పిల్లలపై ప్రేమ, వృత్తిపట్ల ఆసక్తి ఉన్నవారు గొప్ప ఉపాధ్యాయులుగా మారవచ్చు.
## [36:57–37:15] ఉపాధ్యాయుల జీతాలు
**హోస్ట్:** పాఠశాలలు ఉపాధ్యాయులకు తగిన జీతాలు ఇస్తున్నాయా?
**రామాదేవి:** ప్రభుత్వం జీత ప్రమాణాలను నిర్ణయించింది. కేంద్ర, రాష్ట్ర ప్రభుత్వాలకు వేర్వేరు పే స్కేల్స్ ఉన్నాయి. పాఠశాలలు వాటిలో ఏదో ఒక ప్రమాణాన్ని అనుసరించాలి.
## [37:15–37:33] చిన్న పాఠశాలల సమస్య
కొత్తగా వచ్చిన చిన్న పాఠశాలలు తక్కువ ఫీజు వసూలు చేస్తాయి. అందువల్ల ప్రభుత్వ ప్రమాణాల ప్రకారం జీతాలు చెల్లించలేకపోవచ్చు.
కొన్ని చోట్ల పత్రాల్లో మాత్రం ఎక్కువ జీతాలు చూపించి, వాస్తవంగా తక్కువ చెల్లించే పరిస్థితులు ఉండవచ్చు.
ఇలాంటి విషయాలను ప్రభుత్వ తనిఖీ వ్యవస్థ పరిశీలించాలి.
## [37:33–37:50] ఉపాధ్యాయ వృత్తికి విలువ
ప్రజలు ఉపాధ్యాయ వృత్తికి తగిన విలువ ఇస్తున్నారా?
ఉపాధ్యాయులు పిల్లలను సరిదిద్దడానికి భయపడుతున్నారు. తల్లిదండ్రుల ఫిర్యాదులు, చట్టపరమైన పరిమితులు, పాఠశాల ఒత్తిడి కారణంగా ఉపాధ్యాయులు జాగ్రత్తగా ఉండాల్సి వస్తోంది.
## [37:50–38:08] టీచర్ కొరత
“ఇంత ఒత్తిడి ఉన్నప్పుడు టీచర్గా ఎందుకు పనిచేయాలి? ఇంట్లోనే ఉండవచ్చు. బ్యూటీ పార్లర్, ఇంటీరియర్ డిజైన్ లేదా చీరల వ్యాపారం చేస్తే ఎక్కువ సంపాదించవచ్చు” అని కొందరు అనుకోవచ్చు.
తల్లిదండ్రుల నుంచి తిట్లు వినాల్సిన, నిరంతరం నిందలు ఎదుర్కొనే వృత్తిలోకి ఎందుకు రావాలి అని వారు ప్రశ్నిస్తారు.
అందుకే ఉపాధ్యాయ వృత్తిలో కొంత కొరత ఏర్పడుతోంది.
## [38:08–38:27] ఉపాధ్యాయుడి కెరీర్ అభివృద్ధి
ఇతర వృత్తుల్లో పదోన్నతులు, స్థాయి పెరుగుదల ఉంటాయి.
రామాదేవి తన కెరీర్లో మొదటి తరగతి ఉపాధ్యాయురాలిగా చేరి, తర్వాత:
- సూపర్వైజర్.
- వైస్ ప్రిన్సిపల్.
- ఇన్చార్జ్.
- ప్రిన్సిపల్.
- డైరెక్టర్.
స్థాయులకు ఎదిగారు.
కానీ ప్రతి ఉపాధ్యాయుడికి ఇలాంటి అవకాశాలు రావు.
## [38:27–38:43] ఉపాధ్యాయులకు ప్రోత్సాహం
ఒక పాఠశాలలో 50 లేదా 100 మంది ఉపాధ్యాయులు ఉంటే, వారికి కెరీర్ అభివృద్ధి మార్గాలు ఉండాలి.
జీతం పెంచలేకపోయినా:
- హోదా పెంచవచ్చు.
- ప్రోత్సాహక నగదు ఇవ్వవచ్చు.
- కొత్త బాధ్యతలు ఇవ్వవచ్చు.
- ప్రత్యేక గుర్తింపు ఇవ్వవచ్చు.
కెరీర్ పురోగతి లేకపోతే కొంతమంది ఉపాధ్యాయులు వృత్తిలోకి రావడానికి ఇష్టపడరు.
## [38:43–38:59] పని పట్ల తృప్తి
రామాదేవికి ఇతర ఉద్యోగ అవకాశాలు వచ్చినప్పటికీ, తన పాఠశాలలోనే పని చేయడం ద్వారా తృప్తి పొందానని చెబుతున్నారు.
జీతం మాత్రమే కాదు, పని ద్వారా లభించే సంతృప్తి కూడా ముఖ్యమే.
పిల్లల జీవితాల్లో మార్పు తీసుకురావడం ఆమెకు గొప్ప బహుమతిగా అనిపించింది.
## [38:59–39:17] ప్రిన్సిపల్గా ఆనందం
**హోస్ట్:** మీరు వేలాది పిల్లలతో పనిచేశారు. ప్రిన్సిపల్గా మీకు అత్యంత సంతోషం కలిగించేది ఏమిటి?
**రామాదేవి:** పిల్లలు తమ విజయ కథలను పంచుకున్నప్పుడు నాకు చాలా ఆనందంగా ఉంటుంది.
వారు ఎక్కడ కనిపించినా—థియేటర్, మాల్, విమానాశ్రయం, బస్స్టాండ్, విదేశాల్లో—“మేడమ్!” అంటూ పరుగెత్తుకుంటూ వస్తారు.
## [39:17–39:39] విద్యార్థుల గుర్తింపు
కొన్నిసార్లు తాను ఆ పిల్లలకు నేరుగా బోధించకపోయినా, ప్రిన్సిపల్గా వారు తనను గుర్తుపెట్టుకుంటారు.
వివాహ వేడుకల్లో కొంతమంది మాజీ విద్యార్థులు వచ్చి పాదాభివందనం చేస్తారు.
అప్పుడు చుట్టూ ఉన్నవారు “ఈమె ఎవరు?” అని ఆశ్చర్యపడవచ్చు. కానీ ఒక విద్యార్థి తన గురువును గుర్తుపట్టడం చాలా గొప్ప సంతృప్తి.
## [39:39–40:01] హో’ఒపోనోపోనో
**హోస్ట్:** మీరు హో’ఒపోనోపోనో అనే పద్ధతి గురించి చెప్పారు. అది ఏమిటి?
**రామాదేవి:** ఇది మనలోని బాధ, విభేదం, అపార్థాన్ని తగ్గించుకునే ఒక ఆలోచనా/ప్రార్థనా పద్ధతి.
ఎవరైనా మనపై కఠినంగా ప్రవర్తించినా, మనకు బాధ కలిగించినా, మనసులో ఇలా చెప్పవచ్చు:
- “నేను నిన్ను ప్రేమిస్తున్నాను.”
- “నన్ను క్షమించు.”
- “ధన్యవాదాలు.”
- “దయచేసి నన్ను క్షమించు.”
## [40:01–40:39] సంబంధాల్లో హీలింగ్
ఈ మాటలను మనస్ఫూర్తిగా చెప్పడం ద్వారా మన ఆలోచనల్లో మార్పు రావచ్చు.
రామాదేవి దీన్ని తన అత్తమామలు, తల్లిదండ్రులు, విద్యార్థులతో ఉపయోగించానని చెబుతున్నారు.
ఇది మనుషులతో మాత్రమే కాదు, ప్రకృతితో, మొక్కలతో మన సంబంధంలో కూడా శ్రద్ధ, కృతజ్ఞత పెంచుతుంది.
> గమనిక: హో’ఒపోనోపోనో ఒక ఆధ్యాత్మిక/స్వీయ ప్రతిబింబ సాధనగా చూడాలి; ఇది వైద్య లేదా మానసిక చికిత్సకు ప్రత్యామ్నాయం కాదు.
## [40:39–41:18] మొక్కల ఉదాహరణ
నలుగురు ఒకే రకమైన మొక్కను కొనుగోలు చేశారని అనుకుందాం.
ఒకరు దాన్ని అందమైన పెయింట్ చేసిన కుండలో పెడతారు. మరొకరు మట్టి కుండలో పెడతారు. ఇంకొకరు ప్లాస్టిక్ కుండలో పెడతారు.
అందరూ మొక్కను చూసుకుంటారు. కానీ మొక్క పెరగడానికి అవసరమైన మట్టి, నీరు, ఎరువు, సూర్యకాంతి గురించి అవగాహన లేకపోతే, అధికంగా నీరు పోసి దాన్ని నాశనం చేయవచ్చు.
## [41:18–41:34] వేర్లు ముఖ్యమైనవి
మొక్కకు అందమైన కుండ కంటే, సరైన నేల, సరైన ఎరువు, సరైన సమయంలో నీరు, బలమైన వేర్లు ముఖ్యం.
అలాగే పాఠశాలకు అందమైన భవనం, భారీ క్యాంపస్ కంటే, పిల్లల వేర్లు—విలువలు, బోధన, ఆరోగ్యకరమైన వాతావరణం—ముఖ్యం.
## [41:34–41:55] మౌలిక వసతులు ఒక పాత్ర మాత్రమే
అందమైన ప్లేగ్రౌండ్ ఉన్నా, పిల్లలను అక్కడ ఆడనివ్వకపోతే ప్రయోజనం లేదు.
పచ్చిక, మట్టి, రాళ్లు, సహజ వాతావరణం పిల్లలకు అనుభవం ఇస్తాయి.
అన్నింటినీ కేవలం అలంకరణగా కాకుండా, ఉపయోగించేలా చేయాలి.
## [41:55–42:13] నేలతో అనుబంధం
పిల్లలు పచ్చికపై చెప్పులు లేకుండా నడవడం, మట్టిని తాకడం, సహజ పరిసరాలను అనుభవించడం కూడా ఉపయోగకరం.
కొంతమంది తల్లిదండ్రులు పిల్లల పాదాలు గాయపడతాయని భయపడవచ్చు.
కానీ నియంత్రిత, సురక్షిత వాతావరణంలో ప్రకృతిని అనుభవించడం పిల్లలకు మంచిది.
## [42:13–42:36] పిల్లలను ప్రకృతితో కలపడం
ఈ రోజుల్లో పిల్లలను ఎప్పుడూ చెప్పులు, రబ్బరు స్లిప్పర్లు, మూసివున్న ప్రదేశాల్లో ఉంచుతారు.
కానీ నేల, మట్టి, ప్రకృతి, సూర్యకాంతి, పచ్చికతో అనుబంధం కూడా అవసరం.
పాత భారతీయ పద్ధతుల్లో ప్రకృతితో శారీరక అనుబంధానికి ఎక్కువ ప్రాధాన్యం ఉండేది.
## [42:36–42:56] ఆహారం, సాఫ్ట్ డ్రింక్స్
పిల్లలకు సాఫ్ట్ డ్రింక్స్, అధిక చక్కెర కలిగిన పదార్థాలు తగ్గించాలి.
రామాదేవి పిల్లలకు ఒకసారి కోక్ను మురికిగా ఉన్న బాత్రూమ్లో పోసి, “ఇది తాగాలనుకుంటున్నారా?” అని చూపించానని చెబుతున్నారు.
ప్రదర్శన, ఉదాహరణ ద్వారా చెప్పిన విషయం పిల్లలకు బాగా అర్థమవుతుంది.
## [42:56–43:17] అలవాట్లు తరతరాలకు వెళ్తాయి
కొంతమంది తల్లిదండ్రులు పిల్లలు సాఫ్ట్ డ్రింక్స్ మానేశారని రామాదేవికి చెప్పారు.
ఒక తరం మంచి అలవాటు నేర్చుకుంటే, తర్వాతి తరానికి కూడా అది వెళ్తుంది.
రామాదేవి తన తండ్రి ఇచ్చిన ఉదాహరణ వల్ల తాను సాఫ్ట్ డ్రింక్స్కు దూరంగా ఉన్నానని చెబుతున్నారు.
## [43:17–43:42] మతం, ఆధ్యాత్మికత
**హోస్ట్:** తల్లిదండ్రులు మతం మరియు ఆధ్యాత్మికత మధ్య తేడా గురించి గందరగోళంలో ఉంటారు. పాఠశాల పాత్ర ఏమిటి?
**రామాదేవి:** మతంలో ప్రార్థన, పూజ, పండుగలు, ఆచారాలు ఉంటాయి.
పాఠశాలల్లో గణేశ్ చతుర్థి, శ్రీరామ నవమి, రంజాన్, క్రిస్మస్, ఇతర పండుగలను పరిచయం చేయవచ్చు.
కానీ ఒకే మతం లేదా సంప్రదాయాన్ని ప్రచారం చేయకుండా, అన్ని పండుగల అర్థం పిల్లలకు తెలియజేయాలి.
## [43:42–44:31] మతం మరియు ఆధ్యాత్మికత మధ్య తేడా
మతం అంటే పూజ, ప్రార్థన, దీపం వెలిగించడం, ఆచారాలు పాటించడం.
ఆధ్యాత్మికత అంటే:
- సరైన ఆలోచన.
- అంతర్గత శాంతి.
- బాధ్యత.
- ఇతరుల పట్ల మంచితనం.
- మీ పనిని నిజాయితీగా చేయడం.
- నిర్ణయాలను స్పష్టంగా తీసుకోవడం.
దేవుడి ముందు కూర్చోవడం మాత్రమే ఆధ్యాత్మికత కాదు.
## [44:31–45:13] పని కూడా ఒక ప్రార్థన
ఉదాహరణకు, ఎవరో పోడ్కాస్ట్కు రావడానికి ముందు ఇంట్లో ఒక గంట పూజ చేయవచ్చు. కానీ మనసంతా రాబోయే సంభాషణ, ప్రశ్నలు, బాధ్యతలపైనే ఉంటే, ఆ పని పట్ల పూర్తి దృష్టి పెట్టడం కూడా ఒక రకమైన ఆధ్యాత్మికత.
మీ పని సరిగ్గా చేయడం, ఇతరులకు ఉపయోగపడేలా ఉండటం కూడా దేవుని సేవగా చూడవచ్చు.
## [45:13–45:51] పని ముందు ఆరాధన
రామాదేవి మంగళవారం, శుక్రవారం దేవాలయానికి వెళ్లి చిన్నగా దర్శనం చేసుకుంటారు.
కానీ కార్యాలయానికి ఆలస్యమవుతుందని అనిపిస్తే, ఆలయం వెళ్లకుండా నేరుగా పని చేయడానికి వెళ్తారు.
ఆమె భావన:
**“పని ముందు; ఆరాధన తర్వాత.”**
మతం తప్పు కాదు. ఆధ్యాత్మికత కూడా తప్పు కాదు. రెండింటి మధ్య సమతుల్యత ఉండాలి.
## [45:51–46:24] పాఠశాలలో సమతుల్యత
పాఠశాలలు అన్ని పండుగలను, సంస్కృతులను పరిచయం చేయవచ్చు.
కానీ తల్లిదండ్రులను సంతోషపెట్టడం కోసం మాత్రమే కార్యక్రమాలు చేయకూడదు. పిల్లలకు ఆ పండుగల వెనుక ఉన్న విలువ, చరిత్ర, సాంస్కృతిక అర్థం తెలియాలి.
## [46:24–46:44] పిల్లలకు ఆచరణాత్మక అనుభవం
పాఠశాలలను పిల్లలు సొంతంగా అలంకరించే కార్యక్రమం చేయవచ్చని రామాదేవి చెబుతున్నారు.
తరగతి గదులను పిల్లలు స్వయంగా అలంకరించాలి. అవసరమైన వస్తువులను తాము సమకూర్చుకోవాలి లేదా సహకారం పొందాలి.
ఇది సృజనాత్మకత, ప్రణాళిక, సహకారం, బాధ్యత, శ్రమ గౌరవాన్ని నేర్పుతుంది.
## [46:44–47:23] పిల్లలతో కలిసి పనిచేయడం
పిల్లలు పాఠశాల సమయం తర్వాత లేదా ఆదివారం వచ్చి పనులు చేయవచ్చు.
ప్రిన్సిపల్ కూడా వారితో కలిసి ఉండాలి.
పిల్లలు తమ చేతులతో పని చేసి, తరగతి గదిని అలంకరించినప్పుడు, ఆ స్థలంతో వారికి భావోద్వేగ అనుబంధం ఏర్పడుతుంది.
## [47:23–48:08] శ్రమ గౌరవం
ఒక తల్లిదండ్రి, “డబ్బు కావాలంటే నేను ఇస్తాను. పనివాళ్లను పెట్టండి” అని చెప్పినా, పిల్లలు స్వయంగా చేయడం ద్వారా ఎక్కువ నేర్చుకుంటారు.
అది కేవలం అలంకరణ కాదు:
- శ్రమ గౌరవం.
- సహకారం.
- స్వతంత్రత.
- బాధ్యత.
- సృజనాత్మకత.
వంటి విలువలు ఏర్పడతాయి.
## [48:08–48:29] ₹1 లక్ష ఫీజు ఎక్కడ ఖర్చు చేయాలి?
**హోస్ట్:** ఒక విద్యార్థి పాఠశాల ఫీజుగా ₹1 లక్ష చెల్లిస్తున్నాడనుకుందాం. పాఠశాల దృష్టిలో ఆ డబ్బు ఎక్కడ ఖర్చు చేయాలి?
**రామాదేవి:** మొదటి ప్రాధాన్యత మంచి ఉపాధ్యాయుల ఎంపికకు ఇవ్వాలి.
## [48:29–48:51] ఉపాధ్యాయులే ప్రధాన వనరు
ఉపాధ్యాయులు మంచి వారు కాకపోతే, ఎంత మంచి మౌలిక వసతులు ఉన్నా ప్రయోజనం ఉండదు.
చివరికి విద్యార్థి ఉపాధ్యాయుడితోనే ఉంటాడు. పిల్లల సంతృప్తి, తల్లిదండ్రుల సంతృప్తి, పాఠశాల విజయానికి ఉపాధ్యాయులే జీవరక్తం.
## [48:51–49:15] పాఠశాల ఫీజు వినియోగం
ఏ పాఠశాలా మంచి ఉపాధ్యాయులను చూసుకోకుండా విజయవంతం కాలేదు.
ఉపాధ్యాయులకు:
- తగిన జీతం.
- గౌరవం.
- శిక్షణ.
- కెరీర్ పురోగతి.
- మంచి పని వాతావరణం.
ఇవ్వాలి.
## [49:15–49:35] పాఠశాలలో మార్పులు
రామాదేవి ఎక్కడ మంచి ఆలోచన చూసినా, దాన్ని తన పాఠశాలలో అమలు చేయాలని ప్రయత్నించేవారు.
రెసార్ట్లు, ఇతర ప్రదేశాల్లో చూసిన మొక్కల ఆధారంగా పాఠశాలలో వేర్వేరు రకాల మొక్కల తోటను అభివృద్ధి చేశారు.
## [49:35–49:50] పాఠశాల తోట
పిల్లలకు మొక్కలు ఎలా పెరుగుతాయో తెలియాలి.
అందుకే కూరగాయల తోట, చిన్న అడవి, వివిధ రకాల మొక్కలు ఏర్పాటు చేశారు.
పిల్లలు ప్రకృతిని కేవలం పుస్తకాల్లో కాకుండా ప్రత్యక్షంగా తెలుసుకున్నారు.
## [49:50–50:18] మినీ ఫారెస్ట్, రాక్ క్లైంబింగ్
చిన్న ప్రదేశంలో మినీ ఫారెస్ట్ ఏర్పాటు చేశారు. అది తర్వాత పండ్లు ఇవ్వడం ప్రారంభించింది.
IMAXలో పిల్లలు రాక్ క్లైంబింగ్ చేయడం చూసి, పాఠశాలలో చిన్న రాక్ క్లైంబింగ్ సదుపాయం ఏర్పాటు చేయాలనుకున్నారు.
పిల్లలకు ప్రతి అనుభవం ప్రత్యక్షంగా ఇవ్వాలని ఆమె భావిస్తారు.
## [50:18–50:38] తల్లిదండ్రుల సహకారం
ప్రతి ఆలోచనకు వెంటనే డబ్బు ఉండకపోవచ్చు.
కానీ పాఠశాల తల్లిదండ్రులు, పూర్వ విద్యార్థులు, శ్రేయోభిలాషులు సహకరిస్తే ఆ పనులు చేయవచ్చు.
రామాదేవి డబ్బును స్వయంగా తీసుకోకుండా, దానం చేయాలనుకునే వ్యక్తిని కాంట్రాక్టర్తో కలిపేవారు.
## [50:38–50:56] పిల్లలకు కొత్త అవకాశాలు
చిన్న గది ఉన్నా, పిల్లలకు కొత్త అనుభవం ఇవ్వవచ్చు.
ఆర్చరీ, రైఫిల్ షూటింగ్, రాక్ క్లైంబింగ్ వంటి కార్యకలాపాలు పిల్లల్లో:
- ఏకాగ్రత.
- ధైర్యం.
- క్రమశిక్షణ.
- శారీరక సమన్వయం.
- ఆత్మవిశ్వాసం.
పెంచుతాయి.
## [50:56–51:33] పిల్లల మానసిక ఆరోగ్యం
పిల్లలు నిరాశగా లేదా ఒత్తిడిగా ఉన్నప్పుడు కూర్చోవడానికి ప్రత్యేక గది ఏర్పాటు చేశారు.
అక్కడ వారు:
- ధ్యానం.
- ప్రశాంతమైన సంగీతం.
- నిశ్శబ్ద విశ్రాంతి.
అనుభవించవచ్చు.
పాఠశాలలో పిల్లల మానసిక ఆరోగ్యానికి కూడా స్థలం ఉండాలి.
## [51:33–51:52] ప్రకృతి అనుభవం
పాఠశాలలో గెజీబో, నీటి ప్రవాహం, చిన్న చెరువు వంటి సదుపాయాలు ఏర్పాటు చేశారు.
పిల్లలు నీటి శబ్దాన్ని వినడం, చేపల కదలికలను చూడడం, ప్రకృతిని గమనించడం ద్వారా ఆనందిస్తారు.
## [51:52–52:13] పిల్లల ఆసక్తి మారవచ్చు
ఒక తల్లిదండ్రి తన కుమార్తె డాక్టర్ కావాలని కోరుకున్నారు.
కానీ పాఠశాలలో పర్యావరణం, మొక్కలు, ప్రకృతి పట్ల ఆసక్తి పెరగడంతో ఆమె పర్యావరణ నిపుణురాలిగా మారింది.
పిల్లల జీవితంలో ఏ కార్యక్రమం ఎలాంటి ప్రభావం చూపుతుందో ముందుగా చెప్పలేం.
## [52:13–52:34] ప్రతి పిల్లవాడిలో ప్రతిభ ఉంది
ప్రతి పిల్లవాడిలో ఏదో ఒక ప్రతిభ ఉంటుంది.
ఆ ప్రతిభను గుర్తించి, బయటకు తీసుకురావడం ఉపాధ్యాయుడి పని.
ఏ పిల్లవాడినీ “మంచివాడు” లేదా “చెడ్డవాడు” అని శాశ్వతంగా నిర్ణయించకూడదు. పరిస్థితులు వారి ప్రవర్తనను ప్రభావితం చేస్తాయి.
## [52:34–52:58] ప్రదర్శన నైపుణ్యం vs విలువలు
అంతర్జాతీయ లేదా అధిక ఫీజు పాఠశాలల పిల్లలు మంచి ప్రెజెంటేషన్, రెజ్యూమే, ఇంటర్వ్యూ నైపుణ్యాలు కలిగి ఉండవచ్చు.
ట్రస్ట్ పాఠశాలల పిల్లలు బాగా కమ్యూనికేట్ చేయవచ్చు, అలాగే నేలతో అనుసంధానంగా ఉండవచ్చు.
పాఠశాల పేరు మాత్రమే ఆధారంగా పిల్లల సామర్థ్యాన్ని అంచనా వేయకూడదు.
## [52:58–53:31] ఉపాధ్యాయుడి ప్రభావం
కొన్ని పిల్లలు చిన్న పాఠశాలల నుంచి వచ్చినా గొప్ప విజయాలు సాధిస్తారు.
ఒక ఉపాధ్యాయుడు సరైన మార్గదర్శకత్వం, ప్రోత్సాహం, శిక్షణ ఇస్తే పిల్లలు ప్రపంచ స్థాయిలో పోటీ చేయగలరు.
పిల్లల సామర్థ్యాన్ని వెలికి తీయడంలో ఉపాధ్యాయుడి పాత్ర చాలా గొప్పది.
## [53:31–54:01] అసాధారణ విజయాలు
ఒక సాధారణ పాఠశాలలో చదివిన బాలిక ప్రపంచ స్థాయి పోటీలో వేలాది మందిని దాటి ఎంపికైంది.
మరొక బాలిక తక్కువ ఆదాయ కుటుంబం నుంచి వచ్చి ఎవరెస్ట్ ఎక్కింది. మొదట ఆమెకు బాగా మాట్లాడటం కూడా రాకపోవచ్చు. కానీ తర్వాత విదేశాల్లో వర్క్షాప్లు నిర్వహించే స్థాయికి ఎదిగింది.
## [54:01–54:44] ప్రతి పిల్లవాడు మెరవగలడు
ప్రతి పిల్లవాడిలో సామర్థ్యం ఉంది.
ఉపాధ్యాయుడు ఆ వెలుగును గుర్తించాలి. సరైన అవకాశం ఇస్తే పిల్లలు మెరుగ్గా ఎదుగుతారు.
ప్రభుత్వ పాఠశాలలు, సాధారణ పాఠశాలలు కూడా గొప్ప ప్రతిభను తయారు చేయగలవు.
## [54:44–55:20] విజయం మాత్రమే కాదు, కొనసాగింపు ముఖ్యం
ఒక పోటీలో గెలవడం లేదా మంచి ప్రెజెంటేషన్ ఇవ్వడం ఒక క్షణిక విజయం.
కానీ తర్వాత:
- అతను ఓటమిని అంగీకరించగలడా?
- ఇతరుల మాట వినగలడా?
- సహనం ఉందా?
- నిరంతరంగా పనిచేయగలడా?
- విజయంతో అహంకారం రాకుండా ఉంటాడా?
అనేవి ముఖ్యమైనవి.
## [55:20–56:02] జీవన నైపుణ్యాలు
ప్రెజెంటేషన్, సోషల్ స్కిల్స్ ఒక అవకాశ ద్వారం వరకు తీసుకెళ్లవచ్చు.
కానీ ఆ గదిలోకి వెళ్లిన తర్వాత:
- ఎలా మాట్లాడుతున్నారు?
- ఎలా ప్రవర్తిస్తున్నారు?
- కోపాన్ని ఎలా నియంత్రిస్తున్నారు?
- భయాన్ని ఎలా ఎదుర్కొంటున్నారు?
- ఓటమిని ఎలా స్వీకరిస్తున్నారు?
అనేవి నిర్ణయాత్మకం.
జీవిత నైపుణ్యాలు అత్యంత ముఖ్యం.
## [56:02–56:26] జాతీయ పురస్కారం
**హోస్ట్:** జాతీయ పురస్కారం కోసం మీ పేరు ప్రకటించినప్పుడు మీకు మొదట ఏం అనిపించింది?
**రామాదేవి:** చాలా ఆనందంగా అనిపించింది. ఎన్నో పురస్కారాలు వచ్చినా, రాష్ట్రపతి చేతుల మీదుగా జాతీయ పురస్కారం పొందడం ప్రత్యేక గౌరవం.
తాను విద్యాసంస్థకు, విద్యార్థులకు ఏదో విలువైన పని చేసినందుకు ఎంపికయ్యానని భావించారు.
## [56:26–56:44] పురస్కారం తర్వాత బాధ్యత
పురస్కారం వచ్చిన తర్వాత తన బాధ్యత మరింత పెరిగిందని ఆమె చెబుతున్నారు.
“నాకు అవార్డు వచ్చింది కాబట్టి ఇక విశ్రాంతి” అని కూర్చోలేను.
తాను ఇంకా ఏం చేస్తున్నాను? పాఠశాలకు, పిల్లలకు ఏం అందిస్తున్నాను? అనే ప్రశ్న ఎప్పుడూ ఉండాలి.
## [56:44–57:04] గత అవార్డుపై జీవించకూడదు
“నేను జాతీయ అవార్డు విజేతను” అని గత గౌరవాన్ని మాత్రమే చూపిస్తూ జీవించకూడదు.
ఆ అవార్డు గతానికి సంబంధించినది. తర్వాతి రోజుల్లో మీరు చేసే పని, మీ ప్రస్తుత బాధ్యతే ముఖ్యం.
పురస్కారం ఒక అదనపు గుర్తింపు మాత్రమే. మిగతా జీవితాన్ని కృషితో నిరూపించాలి.
## [57:04–57:21] నిరంతర కృషి
ఒక పురస్కారం వచ్చిన తర్వాత కూడా ఎప్పుడూ అప్రమత్తంగా ఉండాలి.
ప్రజలు, తల్లిదండ్రులు, యాజమాన్యం మిమ్మల్ని గమనిస్తారు. మీరు సోమరితనంగా మారితే, అవార్డు మీకు సహాయం చేయదు.
ఆ పురస్కారానికి తగినట్టుగా నిరంతరంగా పనిచేయాలి.
## [57:21–57:43] మంచి ఉపాధ్యాయుడి మొదటి లక్షణం
**హోస్ట్:** ఈ రోజుల్లో ఉపాధ్యాయుడికి అవసరమైన మూడు ముఖ్యమైన లక్షణాలు ఏమిటి?
**రామాదేవి:** మొదట వృత్తిపట్ల ఆసక్తి, నిబద్ధత ఉండాలి.
రెండవది—పిల్లలపై ప్రేమ ఉండాలి.
మూడవది—తానే ఒక మంచి ఆదర్శంగా ఉండాలి.
## [57:43–58:05] ఉపాధ్యాయుడు ఆదర్శంగా ఉండాలి
పిల్లలను వరుసలో నిలబెట్టి, ఆలస్యంగా వచ్చిన ఉపాధ్యాయుడు మాత్రం సమయానికి రాకపోతే, పిల్లలు వెంటనే గమనిస్తారు.
“మేము ఇక్కడ నిలబడి ఉన్నాం. ఆమె ఆలస్యంగా వచ్చి సంతకం చేస్తోంది” అని పిల్లలు అనుకోవచ్చు.
అందువల్ల ఉపాధ్యాయుడు తన ప్రవర్తనతోనే ఉదాహరణ చూపాలి.
## [58:05–58:24] తప్పును అంగీకరించడం
ఉపాధ్యాయుడు ఆలస్యంగా వచ్చినా, పిల్లలకు నిజాయితీగా చెప్పవచ్చు:
“నన్ను క్షమించండి. నేను ఈ కారణంగా ఆలస్యమయ్యాను.”
తప్పును అంగీకరించడం పిల్లలకు మంచి పాఠం.
ఉపాధ్యాయుడు, ప్రిన్సిపల్, విద్యార్థి—ఎవరైనా తప్పు చేయవచ్చు. కానీ తప్పును గుర్తించి సరిదిద్దుకోవాలి.
## [58:24–58:52] మంచి పాఠశాల అంటే ఏమిటి?
ఒక పాఠశాల నిజంగా మంచిదని ఎప్పుడు చెప్పవచ్చు?
ఎవరూ గమనించకపోయినా, పాఠశాల తన పనిని సరిగ్గా నిర్వహిస్తే.
పర్యవేక్షణ లేకపోయినా:
- ఉపాధ్యాయులు బాధ్యతగా బోధిస్తే.
- పిల్లలు గౌరవంగా ప్రవర్తిస్తే.
- యాజమాన్యం పారదర్శకంగా ఉంటే.
- విద్యార్థుల సంక్షేమానికి ప్రాధాన్యం ఉంటే.
అది నిజమైన మంచి పాఠశాల.
## [58:52] ముగింపు
**హోస్ట్:** మేడమ్, మీతో మాట్లాడటం చాలా ఆనందంగా ఉంది. మీ సమయం, అనుభవం పంచుకున్నందుకు ధన్యవాదాలు.
**రామాదేవి:** నాతో మాట్లాడటం నాకు కూడా ఎంతో ఆనందంగా అనిపించింది.
విద్యా వ్యవస్థలో భవనాలు, ఫీజులు, సాంకేతికత ముఖ్యమే. కానీ వాటికంటే ఎక్కువగా:
- మంచి ఉపాధ్యాయులు.
- పిల్లలపై ప్రేమ.
- విలువలు.
- తల్లిదండ్రుల భాగస్వామ్యం.
- క్రమశిక్షణ.
- జీవన నైపుణ్యాలు.
- పారదర్శక ఫీజు వినియోగం.
ముఖ్యమైనవి.
## ప్రధాన సందేశాలు
- పాఠశాల ఫీజు మౌలిక వసతులు, ఉపాధ్యాయుల జీతాలు, నిర్వహణ, భద్రత, విద్యార్థి సంక్షేమానికి వినియోగించాలి.
- ఖరీదైన క్యాంపస్ ఉన్నంత మాత్రాన పాఠశాల నాణ్యమైనదని కాదు.
- పిల్లల జీవితంలో ఉపాధ్యాయుడి పాత్ర అత్యంత కీలకం.
- ఉపాధ్యాయులకు తగిన జీతం, గౌరవం, కెరీర్ పురోగతి ఇవ్వాలి.
- తల్లిదండ్రులు పిల్లలను అతిగా రక్షించకుండా, సమస్యలను ఎదుర్కొనేలా చేయాలి.
- పాఠశాలలు పిల్లలకు సాంకేతిక నైపుణ్యాలతో పాటు విలువలు, సంస్కృతి, జీవన నైపుణ్యాలు నేర్పాలి.
- పిల్లలు మాటలకంటే తల్లిదండ్రుల చర్యలను అనుసరిస్తారు.
- CCTV భద్రతకు ఉపయోగకరం; కానీ ఉపాధ్యాయులపై అధిక పర్యవేక్షణ సౌకర్యాన్ని దెబ్బతీయవచ్చు.
- శారీరక శిక్ష లేదా అవమానం విద్యలో భాగం కాదు.
- మంచి పాఠశాల ఎవరూ గమనించకపోయినా తన బాధ్యతను సరిగ్గా నిర్వర్తిస్తుంది.
(00:00) We're joined by Srimati C. Ramadevi, a national award-winning educator. She has served as a teacher and principal [music] at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Hyderabad. She has also been honored with the CBSE Best Teacher Award and the Jindal [music] Award for Best Teacher. >> The parent spent 5 lakhs in the school for the fees.
(00:21) Where is that 5 lakhs going? It has gone to infrastructure? It has gone to the maintenance? Or it is going to the pocket of the management? >> The school is actually a non-profitable organization in India. >> They are earning so much of money and all these >> It's a debatable question. No teacher has the right to even insult a child.
(00:39) Forget about raising the hand. >> Where the parent also is not shouting, where the grandparents Amma, Ayya, you know, the way they pamper. You leave the child, he'll get up, he'll sit somewhere, nobody is watching, so he'll get up and go away. But we are we are loving. No. Therefore, the law must have come. We have a beautiful library, but we are not reading books.
(00:56) >> Parents want 24 hours surveillance that they can see in CCTV footage. >> But few of the teachers, when I spoke to them, it looks like as if we've been watched. >> Anybody on the earth, if somebody is observing, we feel uncomfortable. >> Low-income people like farmers, drivers, trying to move their children from government school to the private >> Because of globalization, they have come to know the importance of education.
(01:22) He wants that recognition. >> That's why that shift is there. School is really good if it functions very well without nobody observing them. >> Welcome to Yellow Slate Podcast. I'm your host, Deepthi Raj. Today, we're joined by Srimati C. Ramadevi, a national award-winning educator with over four decades of experience in Indian education.
(01:56) She has served as a teacher and principal at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Hyderabad. And currently serves as director coordination at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. She has also been honored with the CBSE Best Teacher Award and the Jindal Award for Best Teacher. After four decades of watching education evolve, she has seen what happens inside schools beyond the buildings, the branding, and the fee structure.
(02:24) So, today we're going to get to the heart of it. What actually makes a school good? What are parents really paying for? And what truly makes a difference to a child? Good morning, ma'am. >> Good morning. >> The new age schools have the fancy campuses. It looks literally like a resort.
(02:48) Whereas, the trust-run schools do not have any of this. But, the parents are literally in queues for the admissions. Where do you think the difference is between these two schools, ma'am? >> If you take India's population, 30% of the population may be the middle class. About 10 to 15% may be the high class, high income group.
(03:07) And the remaining percentage, about 50 to 60% may be the very low income. So, mostly the low income group may choose schools like government schools or the newly coming up private schools where they can afford a little bit of fees there. The trust-run schools, the parents who are in middle class, usually they'll be sending to that because they can't afford to send their children to where the school fees is very, very high.
(03:30) Though they have high fee structure, why this set of people are going is because they can afford. And these parents must have come into this particular position because of their hard work or whatever it is what they must have seen the struggles what their parents have done and what how they struggle. So, they don't want their children to suffer.
(03:51) So, they want to give full comfort to the children. So, they may select such schools. But, what's happening is because of globalization, every parent wants the best in education. Whether it's from low-income group or that awareness has come. See, nowadays drivers' children or the carpenters' children or anybody, your farmers' children, though government is providing free education, the strength has come down totally.
(04:15) I have seen in my village, where I used to go and I have adopted one school there. 500 children were there few years back. Now, it has come to 130. Why it has come down? Because they're comparing these schools with the chota mota private schools which have come up nearby. So, the shift is from there to the small private schools.
(04:34) They're charging less fees, but whatever company they want the children to speak in English. So, the shift has come there. All these are all private schools, whether high high fee schools or trust schools are all private schools. So, from there the shift has come to trust schools. So, already the trust schools have a big number. So, from here also the children are coming there for admission because they charge low fees and infrastructure facilities also are not bad.
(04:59) And high fee schools also, the parents where they send, if they want their children to be rooted, when they want to be grounded, and they know the difficulties what they have passed to come up to that level, they want the children also to have that kind of a exposure. So, they may send their children to these trust schools also.
(05:19) So, more population is towards trust run schools because they want all kinds there. So, it is basically parental awareness and the income. These trust run schools or I have seen children after coming to eighth class or ninth class, yes, my child now got all the roots there. He knows the values and all about that school. Once a parent enters into the school, whether they're giving quality education or not.
(05:42) See, in trust run schools also, they give importance to quality education and all, but sometimes it may not happen in other schools. Same way in high fee structure schools also, they want to give the best. But in some schools they want only the money, but they don't pay the salaries to the teachers. So, they may not be giving a quality education. So, it varies.
(05:59) But whoever is starting the school, what I feel is they may give best infrastructure in the world, best everything of the best, AC buses, or whatever it is. But the quality of education should not be deteriorated. The teaching learning has to take place in the school. The values have to be given to the children.
(06:21) With these values, you give comforts, there's no harm. But that should not be given more preference than the quality education. So, we can't differentiate those schools are giving these. Everybody wants their children to be the best. Everybody wants their school to be the best. But how they're giving is a big question mark.
(06:40) Unless the child enters the school, unless the parent really goes into it and sees, none of us can see. What is visible isn't seen. What is invisible is inside the parent and the child. >> Ma'am, you were talking about low income people like farmers, drivers, trying to move their children from government school to the private and then to trust fund schools.
(07:03) The shift, is it happening because the parents want better education? They feel that these schools, the expensive ones, or where they pay a little more, is the education better there than the government schools? >> Because of globalization and what these parents hear from either the media or anything, they have come to know the importance of education.
(07:26) And wherever they are working, they must have felt that importance is not given to them. They're seeing them as the the bosses are seeing them as carpenters or scavengers or anything. Whereas other people are giving, so they're watching. So, they don't want their children to be like that. A carpenter may be earning more than that.
(07:45) He may come home and charge 1,000 rupees or 1,500 or any He's not bothered about that, but he wants his son to be educated and to be in some position where he is getting more salary. He wants that recognition. So, that's why that shift is there. Though they are not able to pay, they beg, borrow, or like where I worked, I know some of my IAS children or drivers' children, they used to come and beg, "Madam, please give admission to my son.
(08:10) " And sometimes they may ask me to pay the fees or sometimes they ask some other people, but somehow they'll make their children study in those schools because they feel that they get right kind of an education with less amount of uh fees. In India, education is every child's right. The school is actually a non-profitable organization in India.
(08:32) When we are talking about non-profitable organization, what is the one driving force for the founder of any school to make it big or make it recognizable? They are earning so much of money in all these schools. >> That's true. >> But somewhere the lack of education in the roots is missing. What do you feel, ma'am? >> So, first is why they are starting they should be clear in their mind and that should be given importance.
(09:02) Any business why they start they want to make money. >> Yeah. >> So, in this also, see suppose like the trust schools or the so-called high-fee structure schools also, if they have started long back, they already have invested and then they have come up to some level. But the new age schools which are coming up, they have to purchase the land, they have to build the whole infrastructure, they have to pay salaries to the teachers, repairs, maintenance, and all those things, blah blah blah, everything will be there.
(09:29) So, when you start a school, to what kind of category you have to see and accordingly you have to spend on the school. You have to check up what is your revenue and according to the revenue, how much you're spending and how much is the surplus. But, there are rules. Legally, that they can't make money.
(09:47) School should not start to make money. Are you paying to the teachers according to the government scales? Previously, they used to say teacher salaries are very low, but as per the government state or central teachers are salaries are very good, but are they paying? Are they showing this much in the book? Whether they're paying that much.
(10:04) So, whose duty is that? It is audit department. It is the government to have to check. See, they know. The parent goes and says, "I've spent 5 lakhs in this school for the fees." Where is that 5 lakhs going? It has gone to infrastructure? It has gone to the maintenance? It has gone to the teacher salaries? Or it is going to the pocket of the management? >> Correct.
(10:21) >> So, that we have to check up and then we have to then once the parent realizes why that shift is there, see, in these schools, if we join in LKG, they complete only in 10th or 12th. >> Correct. >> Once the plus two has started, they complete in 12th. Whereas, in these schools sometimes, I'm not saying all, in some of the schools, you jump from one to school to the other with one year itself, they shift because they have money from this school to that school, they'll shift.
(10:44) >> Yeah. >> So, anybody who's starting the school, they have to see first preference is called. See, I heard about youngest headmaster, where he comes regularly to the Ramakrishna Mutt and I've invited. He started a school in a village in the backyard of his house. >> Oh. >> Where is the infrastructure? >> Yeah.
(11:01) >> Where did our past Where did they study? Under the tree. I love to take my children to outside and make them sit under the tree. Now, if you make them sit on in the on the floor, why did you make my child sit in So, that's not important. Infrastructure is important. I won't deny that. We want facilities.
(11:19) From blackboard, we have come to the whiteboard. From whiteboard, we have come to the smart boards, digital boards. The change is there. If you don't go along with the flow sometimes, we'll go backwards. So, we need those roots as well as the wings to fly. >> Ma'am, these trust run schools, like DAV, HPS, all these schools are right in the center of the city and they charge hardly fraction of the fee compared to the international so-called schools.
(11:45) When they are giving the same education, where is the extra money that we are pay as parents we are paying for the international school going? Is it going to the classrooms and reflecting for our children? >> It should go to the children and parents also because that it's a hard earned money for anybody, whether he's a rich parent or a poor parent or a middle it's a hard earned money.
(12:05) Nobody gets free money. So, when they're paying they have every right to go and ask, "See, I'm paying this." Suppose as I even we were discussing your digital library is there in a high-fi school and ordinary library is there in one school. Where here you have a librarian or the management who doesn't want the books to be torn or anything, it should be in the showcases and they the children visit only when some visitor is coming.
(12:29) It's of no use and the child goes and tells mama, "We have a beautiful library, but we are not reading books." Or it can be vice versa. The library may be very small, but the children use, tear and then they pay back and all. It's not that they should go and fight with the management. They can put up their ideas.
(12:44) What is it? If they're making profit the government has to take care. They need that money also. See, when I invest on something I've invested on my land and all, I've worked hard. So, I need my profit. Like how you're paying salaries to your teachers, you take your salaries as a management members or chairman, vice chair, whoever it is.
(13:02) You take money for your transport, for your living and all, but not extra money. That's very bad, especially in education. Any any business is like that, it has to go to children. >> Ma'am, you were talking about how we all need to adapt to the change in blackboards then white then it's moved to digital boards, but you were also talking about how we have to stay strong to our roots.
(13:26) So, can Can tell us a little detailed about that? >> What I mean as strong to the roots is like our tradition, our culture that cannot be changed. If you are saying hi, good morning, instead of saying namaste, why why do you forget that? You go to US and say good morning, okay? But here you're in India. What happened to your tradition and culture? If you're saying good morning, it's I'm not saying no, because even we say that depending upon the opposite person, but some of the values which have been rooted from generations and generations together.
(13:55) That should be there. If you have those values, you don't have moral education classes, you remove the moral but the values have to be taught to the children in the form of stories in the assembly or when something is happening and somebody is running and then the child has fallen. Now all the children I have it's gone, I will go away, no.
(14:16) If some child is going and helping that child to get up or some some fight is going on can somebody come and stop that? So these kind of things, who will teach when they're growing together, they learn in the school. In the house there are one or two children, the fight goes on. My mother comes and interferes or solves, but here there's so many children.
(14:36) So we think we learn so many skills there. Now we are talking about 21st century skills and all. But what about those life skills to survive any school, again high-fi schools, government or anything, the school should train a child in such a way that wherever you throw him in any part of the world, they should survive.
(14:56) How much ever digitalization is there, how much ever exposure the child has, he knows what is right and wrong. He can differentiate whether I can watch this or I can't watch this. Whether I should talk like this, I should not talk like that. Whether I should take care of the elders or not, the grandparents will be there.
(15:14) All that they know only from this. >> Ma'am, you were talking about what schools have to do to keep the children grounded. Can you tell us what parents have to do at home to have our children grounded? >> Yeah, they they should because children are coming from the home. Already when they come to school three years, you those values are framed there.
(15:33) So, the first part uh the parent should do is the children will not do what they say. The children will do what you do. You take care of the your mother-in-law and father-in-law in the house, your parents. He's watching you, but he may say you be good to your parents, you good to your and all, but he may see your parents not taking care of the grandparent or grandparents or parents or in-laws.
(15:56) So, he at that time because he's a young child, he's totally dependent on the parent, he may say nod his head. But as he grows up, he may do the same thing to the parents. So, parents' role is very very important. They can't say that I've joined my child in the best school in the world and I'm paying so much. They have to take care. It will not happen.
(16:14) Parents, as I gave the example of my father, nowadays parents are very protective. Some fight goes on in the school and the child comes and complains to the parent and next day morning when they go to school, the fight must have stopped there. They they become friends. But this parent will come running to the school to find out what has happened.
(16:30) Why why didn't you stop that? No, you you should be protective. You should take care of the child. You should support your child, but when when there is really a need there. But let him struggle to come out. Let him face the challenges. So, he should give that freedom for the child. But if he's crossing that freedom, he should interfere and then.
(16:49) >> Ma'am, do you feel >> the children who go to these trust run schools are more rooted to their culture than the ones who go to international schools? >> I don't want to say that because you have uh children from trust run schools who are very good, rooted, and all, but at the same time you have See, the incidents which come in the newspapers, they are either from government schools or high-fi schools.
(17:12) So, you can't say this kind of schools' children only behave well, whereas trust run schools don't know. It's not that. It is again the kind of exposure the school is giving. So, again I was saying whatever kind of it is there again we should go back to the traditions and all. So, I when I was studying I think again we had when we were discussing as when I was going to an ordinary school and then when we were traveling the bus used to say that they're all proud peacocks.
(17:36) So, this concept is not now. As a child I've seen that comparison. So, those proud peacocks whether they're really rooted or not we don't know then they may be maybe rooted. I have many friends who have come from such high-fi schools and still we are together. And some people they select only that group and then they go away.
(17:53) So, this is all brought up and the exposure what they get. There are certain parents who send their children to these boutique schools just because they want the daughters or daughter's circle to be elite circle. There are schools called boutique schools in Hyderabad. But where are the roots missing? Parents missing that one thing that is very important to look in a school.
(18:17) It is important to see again I said the culture. See the parents also you if they have a group of only elite people together they're not bothered about others those though they were friends at school and all and by God's grace they must have come to this position and they got married to a person who is there and their in-laws are well off, parents are well off.
(18:36) And if they're only sticking to that kind of a circle some of them they don't want but I've seen my friends who are very very rich I'm just an ordinary person but they give their life to me. There are so many cases where they have killed and gone. What what will happen to their children? Roots are very important and parents you they may be rich, they may be anything.
(18:54) They should not spoil their children because they are the future citizens. What kind of citizens we are giving to the country, to the world? We have to give a responsible citizen. Do you think it is because these trust and schools have children from all different kind of backgrounds so they are all more rooted? Is that the No, it's not that you they up, but there also the changes are coming because of the exposure, the media, everything.
(19:19) Uh it's not an easy job to run a school or to be as a teacher. So, we can't pinpoint this is right or this is wrong. Only thing is whether a parent or a grandparent or relatives, everybody should feel that each one of them are responsible for the child who doesn't know anything. They can't just say this is the group I have to follow.
(19:41) This is the group. No. You have to be like this. Then you can be like this. You can fly. When? When you have those roots. We have such great teachers. Dr. Abdul Kalam How rooted it is as a president. And what is he showing us? >> There is nothing better than his passing away while giving a speech >> to children. >> And we struggle to dispose of our things, whereas he didn't had hardly five shirts or 10 shirts. No, nothing.
(20:08) So, those are I'm not saying we have to live like that. When you have, but that should be there in the blood. That is the responsibility of the society. You don't think of yourself alone. You think of the people living because they may change you. >> Yes. So, where are we going? >> Parents over here, ma'am, they want to send their children to US where the child has to do everything by themselves.
(20:28) >> See, there they accept. Yes. But here once they come, he's a raja. >> They are okay working in petrol bunks over there. They're okay working in grocery >> it's below dignity. >> Here there is no dignity of labor. >> It's the Is it >> the society, the school, or the parents? Who is at fault? >> Uh all of us are responsible for that.
(20:47) Yeah, see again I want to quote my own example. When my daughter was in 10th or intermediate, I think, one of my cousin said, "You know, children are children. I want this. I want that. Where should I go? I want to go for excursion. I don't have money. You are Both of you are working. Where's the money gone?" Then I said, "Okay, this is my salary. This is your salary.
(21:06) You take the salary. You run the house. Oh, they were very happy. She was very happy. Then on the paper she started writing. I am a mother, money is over on the paper. What about other things? You work it out. Then my son said, "I'll do it." That was a great change in my family. They knew the importance of the value of money.
(21:27) And we can't just ask openly we said, "This is our salary. You manage the show." And then one of my cousin said, "I'll send my son to Chiku so that she'll have little income." Along with they've sent one more child. Not much money, but at that time he paid 500 for the child. I'm talking years now she's above 40. So she knows the value of money.
(21:48) And never she used to ask me, "Amma, I want this." I Even till today she knows how to spend that money. And seeing that my son said, "I want. I want." So he started. So both of them know how to manage that money. So that kind of examples the parent should give their children. Where to spend, how to spend. Schools have financial literacy >> literacy programs with them.
(22:08) But what you're saying is at home we can do it with just simple >> Simple things. We can do it from simple things. See like as you said no, we should treat everybody the same and all. When a driver has come or who has worked with us has come, he left the job but he came back to see us. Amma first give water.
(22:26) Do you want water or do you want to have tea or you want to eat something? Or when he's leaving, can we pack something for him? It's a small thing. For us it doesn't make difference. So such kind of qualities we have to develop >> in our children. >> Giving, letting go. >> Giving, letting go. Schools are doing joy of giving, gratitude, Christmas time collecting clothes and all.
(22:44) And then money collection, they they pull up. And some of the schools they say you know, we don't want the money given by your parents. You earn and then give it to us. So they have piggy banks where they work, they wash the car or wipe the this thing, take the money from the parents, they collect it and then bring it to school and that money goes to the deserving children.
(23:03) So, such kind of activities we have to develop in the school also. >> Ma'am, you must have interacted with parents for more than three generations now. There is a significant shift in parenting today. Are they more involved? >> Yeah, there's so much of change. See, in the world itself there's so much of change because of different kinds of things happening.
(23:23) So, here also there's a change. Like we go back to the past again. They trusted the schools. And they used to send children far away. There were never schools which are very nearby or or they must have joined the schools which are nearby. I don't think they have turned back even to see the report card of the child. The child brings to the house they used to sign and send it off.
(23:42) That's it. They had full trust in the school. Then from there it has come like more of partnership. At least they used to come to the school. Next generation. I can say the second generation. They used to come to school. How is my child doing? Is it okay? Can I do something? It was not questioning. They were trying to have a partnership with the school and the parent.
(24:06) But now new age parents or the this generation, you know, I want. Why not? Questioning, yes, everybody has a right to question. But how you question? I want this, I want that, I want this. Why you are not giving? I'm paying for that. That kind of a question is All may not be doing, but most of the parents they feel that they have a right to ask them because we are paying.
(24:27) What we are paying they should do it. We are paying only for that. That has come. Trust has gone totally. They don't believe the teachers. No, we are doing like this. They don't have the patience to listen also. They want what they want. That's it. >> So, not only the children, the parents are also entitled They feel entitled to the school because they are paying such high fees.
(24:48) Only the parents who go to these uh send their children to international school are like that or even the trust run ones? >> Even the trust run schools also sometimes they compare the schools where where have better infrastructure facilities and all. So, these I've experienced like these parents also they say, "We don't mind paying more, madam.
(25:05) Why can't you give us?" >> Okay. >> Because the paying capacity has increased, the salaries have increased. So, they say we don't So, everybody wants their child to be comfortable in a very very safe place. So, they think that is education. That is not education. >> Okay. >> The learning which is taking place is education.
(25:24) The relationship between the teacher and the student is important. >> Right. >> You have to accept the teacher as a facilitator. You should trust her also. Give that trust to her. She'll do wonders. >> Now, the new schools that are having, they all have CCTV footage. And the latest one that I've heard are parents want 24 hours surveillance that they can see in CCTV footage.
(25:55) But few of the teachers when I spoke to them, they're like, "It looks like as if we've been watched." >> Yeah. >> Um, as a principal, what is your take on this? Do you think it's a right thing to do? >> but I Some accident happens or you have theft Recently, somebody has killed them. So, it was easy for them to catch people. Some violence happens or anything, they know what is happening and all.
(26:15) So, previously they have to interrogate this and that, but now everything is seen on the CCTV. So, same culture has come into the schools. Okay, you can have in the ground, outside where children are moving. From there slowly, it is coming to the classrooms also because the parents want to know what is happening in the class, whether the teacher is teaching well and all.
(26:35) So, you can take it in both the ways. Like, I've read somewhere the CCTV cameras are kept there and then uh, you can call the teacher not to pinpoint her that you're not doing well. Let her observe her own lesson and see how did she teach. Don't question her. Where whether you can improve on that or you can do a better job or you're satisfied. That's it. Leave it to her.
(26:58) Then she'll hear, "Oh, did I behave like this in the class? I think I shouldn't have." So that introspection may happen there. But you know, anybody on the earth, if somebody's observing, they feel uncomfortable. Always they have that fear in their mind, "Am I doing right or am I doing wrong?" Why that thing? Give the liberty to the teacher.
(27:17) >> There's a Kerala Supreme Court came up with a word it for Dr. Ram and Kerala state telling that no teacher has the right to even insult a child. Forget about raising the hand. They do not have the right. If the teacher corrects as you said, how will the child learn? And where is the line that has to be drawn? >> I totally accept with you, but you It's a teacher's duty to correct.
(27:43) But how to correct and all, again, it's a debatable question. And there's a law that you should not make profit, you should not make profit. In the same way, there's no There's a law that you're not should beat children, we should not beat. See, those times the punishment was accepted because the child has brought up in a difficult situations.
(28:03) He has seen everything there. But here the child already has come up in life or to that stage with all facilities on the earth where the parent also is not shouting, where the grandparents Amma, Ayya, you know, you know the way they pamper. If they fall also, they hit the ground, not the You leave the child, he'll get up, he'll see somewhere nobody's watching, so he'll get up and go away.
(28:24) But we are we allowing? No. We are Ayya, what happened? What happened? You go, carry the child. No, no, no, it's not your fault. It is the floor's fault. So the child is overprotected. So when he can't take a parent shouting at him, when a grandparent shouting or a father shouting, mother shouting, how will he take when a teacher slaps or when he shouts? Therefore, the law must have come.
(28:48) So when the law is there, don't do it. But, that doesn't mean because it is education, it is a child's future, it's our responsibility to send the child into the world as a responsible citizen. So, there's a way of correcting. There's so many ways of correcting. Call the child, tell stories, and you can't pinpoint that child and tell the story also.
(29:07) >> Yeah, right. >> You have to generalize. Address the assembly. You You see, you can ask the teachers what kind of things you have faced, how did the child behave and all. Pull up those, create a story, come to the assembly, tell a story to the child. Out of 1,000 children, if two children change, then enough.
(29:24) I have faced some situations where in the school children will play with the stones. Who will not play with the stones? Once you see a stone or you see a car with dust, you write your names there. Or, you take a stone and write also. Or, if we are sitting in a line, one child throws. Touch wood, all my parents were very good, not troublesome.
(29:41) They were understanding, and I used to explain to them. Once a parent came, "How can you hit happen in Ramadevi school? How can a child take a stone and beat? I want all the stones to be removed from the school." So, he went to the teachers and complained. They could not solve the problem, and that day I went for some workshop, and then the teachers came and "Madam, this parent was so aggressive.
(30:00) Blah blah blah." He said. I said, "Leave it." So, I found out what all has happened, and then the parent came in the morning just before the assembly, talked to me. Oh, namaste, Andy. I said, "I want to talk to you." Can I acted as if I don't know anything about it. I said, "Can you please wait? I'll address the assembly and come.
(30:19) " So, this man was standing in the corridor and seeing the So, in the assembly, I created a story in such a way So, this is what in general, you know, not pinpointing anybody. You can't You see, if something has happened you beat a child and something happened, children, you go tell your parents this has happened, but you know who has hit and all.
(30:36) Your conscious tell us, and your parents come and support you. Where should we go? Should we correct you or not? And tomorrow something happens on the road, who will come and correct you? The people who love you only will try to correct. I can't correct a person on the neighboring school or on the road who is going driving.
(30:53) If I shout, that fellow will shout back. Because I like you, I love you, I try to explain to you. Like that I used to create all kinds of stories. And indirectly the message will go to the parent. No, he will not open his mouth. He'll go away. See, we we should have that knack and also the teacher should be trained. When they are not allowed to beat, don't beat, but how you can correct the child.
(31:17) See, nobody, even we, if the principal calls the teachers and shouts in front of everybody, what is the principal as a Is she a role model? If the teacher has done something, we are all human beings, we have to make mistakes. From mistakes only we learn. Okay, you call her, call her separately. This is what I observed.
(31:34) Is it right or not? If it's I also used to say that. I may be wrong. But if you if you feel what you did is wrong, you correct yourself. If you have not done it, forget about it. I'm sorry for that. That's it. Over, the situation is over. So, he'll have the guilt feeling. So, I think we have to be little observant, always learning.
(31:56) Uh principal or teacher or a parent, always we should run. >> [laughter] >> Till the child knows when the child is child for us. When he becomes 40, married, or anything, we treat our children like children only. But we have to be uh taking care of them without If we are not there also, they should survive. That kind of a supportive thing we should give it to our children.
(32:18) >> Um you were talking about how important a teacher's role in a child's life is. But in India, none of the brilliant students ever want to become a teacher. All they want to do is IIT or IIM or a doctor. Is it that the society is put the teachers job so low. Is that the reason or is it that the schools are not encouraging the children to become teachers? When I was studying, I think when I've come to class 10 or something like that, I used to hear about only medical profession and engineering profession or some banks and IAS and
(32:57) all. IAS and and all, I don't think I've heard about it at that time. The parents mind was my daughter or my son wants to be a doctor or they want to be an engineer. That's it. Those were the only two professions where the child's mind has been filled in. So, naturally they go there and the best students should be doctors, should be engineers.
(33:17) >> Yeah. >> So, that concept was there. I'm not saying no. And then the next generation which were coming up were exposed to so many things because of the media or because of the globalization and all. They know there are so many fields. So, slowly the trend has changed from that when the parents are also insisting the children had the liberty to say no, "Daddy, I don't want to go there.
(33:41) I want to be an entrepreneur." Previously only the science graduates were brilliant students. Maths children only are brilliant Only those brilliant students will take MPC, BPC. >> Correct. >> First MPC, then comes the BPC, then comes BA, BCom. So, that they used to think only the low but now BCom has no seats for BCom. >> Yeah.
(33:58) >> Commerce has become like that you parallelly the many fields which are coming up. So, they're shining everywhere. So, I won't say the brilliant teachers have What about Dr. Abdul Kalam? What about Dr. C.V. Raman? Our Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan? They were all great students, excellent and they were great teachers.
(34:16) If the excellent students were not great teachers, how did our great doctors have come up in the life? And then how did the CEOs or whatever it is, the scientists, the military people, all those people have gone have come up in life because of their teachers. So, you can't say. And then I won't also agree totally that only excellent teachers should become teachers.
(34:37) >> Yeah. >> See, he may be a brilliant student and got into M.S.E.T. and he's become a doctor. Is that enough? Does he know how to talk to the patient? >> Yeah. >> He only takes the money or you take the medicine for every this thing you just write crossing over. No. So, only brilliant people becoming teachers I don't accept.
(34:57) They should have passion whether it's a any profession. They should have passion for that particular profession. See, especially when you take a teacher first thing is they should love children. >> Right. >> Without that love and all please I want a job so I didn't get any job I become a teacher. No.
(35:15) Later after joining also some teachers will change. I don't have a job teacher's job is easy so I got a teacher. But don't stick on to that. Try to improve. So, first is love for children and then you should try to understand the child. Each child will come from a different background. So, the teacher has to look into every it's not the salary.
(35:33) Yes, we have to work we need money to survive. But when you have taken that particular profession where you are bringing out the best in the child you have to be a different person. We have to See, Guru Brahma Guru Vishnu Guru Devo Maheshwara So, we have given such respect not now since ages. At that time I I accept.
(35:54) >> Okay. >> But still they were teachers as I told you they're teachers because of them only we are all then. But the number I think now is recently when I was discussing many of my students who are at Francis they come for they're a psychologist. >> Yeah. >> As a counselors they come for training to my school.
(36:11) So, they're into teaching profession. The other day one child called up I said what are you doing? Ma'am I've taken up for the slow learners these children who have this syndrome Down syndrome and all special education. >> education >> "Really?" See, what tough job for that uh at the young age taking as a special educator. >> True. >> She'll be a better person than a normal teacher.
(36:33) >> Right. >> It's not an easy job to be a special educator. So much of patience she need. So nowadays because of their interest it's not marks again. >> Right. >> The best topper can not be a good teacher or she can be a good teacher. In the same way an average teacher can be a better teacher because of her experience and passion for the job and then love for the student.
(36:57) >> Right. >> But are these teachers being paid enough by these schools? >> See, they are supposed to pay because government has fixed the scales. >> Okay. >> The scales are very good. We have central government scales and state government scales. Each school follows either central government or state government.
(37:15) But the problem is again the small schools which are coming up They charge very little fees. They may not be able to pay that much. So they may not pay. So government is not checking. When they come to check also some people show that they're paying and all the those things do happen. >> Right. >> But scales wise they're very good scales.
(37:33) But why they're not coming to the teaching profession? Again it's a question to be thought about it. Are we giving that value to the teacher? >> Exactly. >> You're not allowing them to correct the child at all. So teachers who are coming into the profession they get scared. That's why there's this There's again a say that there's a teacher scarcity also.
(37:50) I Why should we go? I can sit at home and enjoy. I can have my own business, beauty parlor or interior designing or selling sarees at home is giving more profit than that. Why should I get shoutings from the parents? Why should I become a teacher? So are we giving that value? Are we giving that importance to the teacher? Ma'am, without you the school can't run.
(38:08) Again is the management taking care? See, in other professions they have a progression. But here luckily I don't know. God's grace I joined as a class one teacher in the school and then I became the principal. But I passed on all the stages. I was a supervisor, then I was a vice principal, then in charge, then I became a principal and now as a director.
(38:27) But how many of them will get that chance? In a school where you have 50, 100 teachers, so the school should plan in such a way you have divisions there. If the teacher is really doing give a little promotion, add little bit of incentive, or give a designation. If you can't pay, give a designation.
(38:43) Like that because there's no career progression, some of them don't want to come. So again, the ones who have that passion, okay, forget about salary and all. I'm I have that job. See, I've got many offers, but no. I had the job satisfaction in my school. So I said, I'll retire. I'll If I retire also, I'll be here.
(38:59) If they don't give, I'll That's it. No no more jobs. That's it. >> You must have had thousands of children under you. What is that one thing that really makes you happy as a principal? >> See, most of them they share they share their success stories. Yes, that's the thing. One thing is That's a minor thing, but I feel so proud wherever I go.
(39:17) It can be a theater, it can be a mall, it can be airport, bus stand, or US and all. Somewhere, whether I really changed him or not, I don't know. Must be as a principal there I must have not taught him, but as a principal they must have seen. They come running. Ma'am! And especially when there is a marriage function and all, suddenly somebody comes and falls on our feet. Everybody will be looking at us.
(39:39) Who is this lady? I'm not a very important lady sitting side to the so so so called persons. But you know, that satisfaction my child has recognized me. >> Ma'am, you were talking about this Hawaiian technique Ho'oponopono. Can you explain me what that is? >> It's a technique where you I don't want to hurt anybody if I'm wrong or if I'm right.
(40:01) And if somebody is little harsh to me or they're troubling me or something happens or it's okay. It's like a gratitude. I look into their eyes or as if I'm writing and look into their eyes and say I love you so much. Like husband and wife. Take about husband and wife. He's not done. I love you so much. I'm really sorry if I've hurt you.
(40:19) Thank you so much. Like that if you go on saying the thought process will help us to heal that gap. I do with my in-laws. I do I used to do with my in-laws, my parents, or my students. It works with everyone. It works with everybody. Even nature also. You can talk to plants. See, plants also, you need that care.
(40:39) All four of us must have gone to buy a plant, similar plant. And I must have bought planted that in a very beautifully painted pot. Okay, you must have put it in the soil because you have enough land there. He must have put bought a clay pot and then he has put He must have put it in a plastic pot. All of us are giving care.
(40:56) But I must have given overprotecting or if I give because I don't know the basis of making a plant grow. I must have thought that if I pour more water the plant will grow. If I give more fertilizer it'll grow. But I've given importance to that painted pot. But I've not given importance or learned how to handle that plant to grow. I've overwatered.
(41:18) I've given overcare and all. I think there's a story also. Neighbor and all they put the plant and one withstands that storm and everything whereas the other one I've given so much of care. Why my plant and why your plant? Same thing. I've not given importance to the roots of the plant. The plant is gone. Whereas you have put in the soil, you know the background.
(41:34) You put right fertilizer at the right time. You put a small seedling lot of fertilizer. What will happen? It'll die. That's very important again. >> thing because infrastructure is like this beautiful pot. >> See, you have a beautiful playground. Don't allow the children it gets spoiled. You have a grass and all.
(41:55) Actually, now the concept is you have to walk on the grass barefoot and all. I made I've seen Modi ji walking. He has a circular path where he has rough stones. I made that patch in the school. Grass, mud, stones, and all. But how many of them will accept? You know, I my child's feet will get hurt. I said, "No, come on, remove your shoes. Walk on that. It's fun.
(42:13) " Even I used to walk along with them. At home only now parents ask the children to wear footwear. >> Footwear. Slippers, rubber slippers. But now we have the other things they say touch to the ground. Lot of vibrations, electricity, you know, electromagnetism. So I I think we are all going back to our roots. >> Yeah, that we can tell in the students in the form of stories.
(42:36) I eat ice cream, it's not that, but very rare. The chemicals which are raised, again I read out the article. It's not just telling in the form. Children, if I say you must have you must think that I'm creating a story. Stopping all the soft drinks. I used to pour that Coke in the bathrooms, which is dirty.
(42:56) Come and see what happened to the bathroom. So you want to drink that? So I know many of the parents, "Ma'am, because you have told my children, they stopped, ma'am." I said, "We can't change everybody. At least 1% and those people will when they grow up they'll change their children." >> No. It spreads like anything. >> Absolutely true because I don't I've never had soft drink just because my father did what you what you said.
(43:17) He did that once. Till today I do not have soft drink. >> Generation will learn. Learn. >> So when we have parties also some people may not like it. I bring lime, I make lime juice with sugar, without sugar also because I don't want them to have that sugar and all. But little sugar is okay. So I give that. >> Ma'am, lots of parents actually get confused between being religious and being spiritual.
(43:42) What is the role of a school when it comes to educating parents and children at the same time? >> See, religion is praying and giving. So that we do it in the schools. Many of the schools, you know, you have Ganesh Chaturthi or Sri Rama Navami or any festivals we celebrate. But we we don't celebrate in a grand scale as if we we are propagating only one culture, one tradition.
(44:06) We have Ramzan, uh everything we celebrate because the children should know why these festivals are celebrated. I think all the schools they do Christmas, Thanksgiving, all they do it. So, that should be there, but we should not give much importance to that totally. No, if you do this only it will No. So, at the same time spirituality is a different thing where it's not just sitting in front of God, uh praying, and lighting the lamp.
(44:31) That has to be done. I'm not saying I'm not against because people believe in that. Let them have their belief, but personally what I feel feel is suppose I have to come to your podcast. In my mind only that podcast will be there. What she's going to ask me, how I have to answer. I try to recollect all that.
(44:48) So, I don't want to spend my time going there, doing that 1-hour puja there. My mind is totally occupied or something is going to happen in the school. Today I have to face that challenge. How to solve? Where will I get that answer? Will I get it from that uh TV or iPad or a book or anything? So, I feel if you are doing your thinking is in the right way, somehow the God will come to help you.
(45:13) She's doing the right thing. Suppose even till today nobody will ask me if I go to late to the office. If I have to be in the office by 10:00, I go to the temple at Basheerbagh on Tuesdays and Fridays. I go. I just take a round, take care of everybody, bless me, I should be in the right direction. That's it.
(45:31) One round within 5 minutes my darshan is over and then I'll go. I won't there break a coconut and all that. And I also don't pray I'll do fasting when I get this. No, nothing. Take care of me. That's it. So, I just go, but if I'm when my time should show it is quarter to 10:00, yeah.
(45:51) Then only I stop my vehicles there. I walk within 5-10 minutes it's over. I come back to my office on time. If I'm going to be late to my office, I don't go to the temple. I say I'm so sorry. You know why I'm not going. That's it. You take care. >> Work before worship. >> So, I won't say religion is bad or spirituality is bad.
(46:08) Both should be balanced. What is good for our students, that balance should be maintained. Because they want only this to be celebrated, that to be celebrated, that not to be celebrated. No, you decide what you want, what kind of thing you want to give it to the children. Exposure about global? So, you're celebrating everything. That's right.
(46:24) >> Not to keep the parents happy. >> Happy? I mean, they should be satisfied, otherwise they'll take away. But I'm telling you, no. If you convince the children in the school when they are there, they will go fight with the parents and they say, "No, we want this school." In one of the English textbook, I forget, Tom Sawyer or somebody, they paint their class or something. I read that story.
(46:44) I said, "Why can't I do that in the school?" But teacher said, "Ma'am, our parents." I said, "No, we'll try." Then I called all the I think I've selected eight or eight classes I've selected. I called all the sections. See, I don't want to force anybody. This is my plan. I don't want uh your parents to come. You convince your parents if you if you want to come.
(47:05) Otherwise, forget about it. Don't come. But it's your job. You have to collect the material. Whether you want to go to the shop and convince we are doing and they'll give free of cost, or you want to pull up the money and buy the material. But you have to decorate your classroom. Whatever possible. If you don't have money to do the top, do only the four walls.
(47:23) Or however you want, you do it. Everybody said, "Yes." And they started doing. I said, "Not on a working day, after school hours and a Sunday." And I used to be present with them. And some of the students, they didn't turn up, but one student came. "Ma'am, if you want money, I'll give money, madam." "You appoint and I'll give bring that painter also, he'll do it.
(47:45) Ma'am, please, I'm really sorry. If you don't want your child, I've not forced, you can take your child. But I want this work to be done because children are coming and doing it willingly." See, the dignity of labor. >> Yeah, very nice. >> [laughter] >> You've done so much, ma'am. Ma'am, you've been a principal of a reputed school and now you're a board member.
(48:08) As an example, let's say a school fee of a child is a 1 lakh. Where do you think this 1 lakh has to be spent from the school's perspective? >> First, I give importance to the quality of the teachers. See, as I said, it's not just the qualifications. Usually, we call for the applications whenever the teacher is good, distinction and all.
(48:29) So, the first priority should go to the selection of If teachers are not good, knows you have better infrastructure. I think no See, finally, the student has to be with the teacher. >> Yeah, true. >> The child has to be satisfied, the parent has to be satisfied, and the school management also has to be See, they are the lifeblood of the success of the school.
(48:51) I don't think any part of the world or the country is say they will be successful if the teachers are not taken care. No country or no school will be successful without a teacher. You give the lifeblood. >> Ma'am, you've been in the industry for more than 25-30 years. What are the few initiatives that you have taken that actually made a difference? >> I have that in my mind I should do something for my students, for my school.
(49:15) So, wherever I go, when I observe things, if I like it, I want to have it in my school. It can be a small plant. If you go to resorts and all, you see so many beautiful plants. And all, then I got an idea. I should separate the plants as xerophytes, water plants, this plants, that plants. So, slowly I started developing my garden.
(49:35) The children, when they come, they know these are these kind of plants. And then, I think, why can't we have vegetable garden? Children should know how they are growing, like that. And then, why can't I read about some mini forest? >> Yeah. >> So, we can have a mini forest if you have a small area.
(49:50) So, I developed one mini forest there. Now, it is giving fruits and all. So, if I see something immediately I think I should do. When I went to IMAX theater, I saw children climbing that wall and all. Such a beautiful thing. I should I get scared to climb. Rock climbing. Yeah, rock climbing. But I feel you I think a small room if I can watch there if I have an empty room, why can't I have that? So, when I you won't believe whenever I get a thought, immediately somebody will be it's not my management if they have money they accept and all. Suppose if I
(50:18) I know that I don't have a money, I can't start that. But that thought when it comes somehow God comes to my help in the form of my school parents or well-wishers. "Ma'am, I want to donate money on my this thing and all." So, I have this idea. If you can contribute, you contribute. Otherwise, we can pull up two or three parents who are ready.
(50:38) So, I don't take the money or anything. I introduce the contractor to that person and they complete the job. Like that I have that wall. It's a small room, but I want my children to get exposed. See how many of them will go to the IMAX theater. The children who can't go will have an experience here. Same way I think I can talk about archery.
(50:56) When only HPS was having archery or both of us have started at the same time. Somebody one the one who was associated with the archery association, he came to school, "Ma'am, we were planning to develop in schools. Are you ready?" I just said yes. I didn't even ask the cost and all. He came to help us out.
(51:13) I caught hold of a parent, he did that. >> Yeah. >> And even rifle shooting also. These were not heard of when I when we started. And we have a separate room for the children when they are depressed, you know, they go sit there, they meditate or we have a soothing music. They do that there. And like that there are so many things which have come up.
(51:33) I think I wanted to have a gazebo in the school. >> Oh. >> So, how to have a gazebo? Again, "Ma'am, we are ready to do anything, madam." "Okay, do this." They only plan and do it. And then I wanted to have a nice fountain coming out like that. So, we had a rock there. So, waterfall flow. Look, I want the children to feel the sound of the water falling.
(51:52) And a small pond where the children come and you know, LKG UKG children they're not interested on. They come everyday they come and stand there near that pond and see the fish moving. So they are interested in that. And can you believe one of the parent who works in at Apollo, she wanted her daughter to be a doctor, but she said, "Ma'am, because of you my daughter my daughter didn't become nice.
(52:13) " I said, "What? Because you love the environment you have put up so plant and become an environmentalist." >> That's so nice. >> So we don't know what activity will change that person to become what, we don't know. Really interesting to work with children. There's no end for that. There's no end for that. Every day we can make a difference.
(52:34) Your inner child is always alive. >> I [laughter] love I said I I never feel that I become old now. When I'm with the children LKG till 10, children will be going, but I'm with the same age group. >> And the students who come out of these international schools or high fee schools are really good at presentation. Their resumes are very fancy and nice.
(52:58) But when we ask few teachers who have taught the students from a trust run school and students from international school, they actually say there is a difference in both these students. What do you think is the difference and where is it lacking? >> Difference I can say in both the ways. The trust run schools way they develop the students with all those communication skills, best at interviews or best presentations, those students may be grounded also.
(53:31) At the same time they may have that feeling, yeah, we are from that. Same way in the government schools or the trust run schools also, they may not be that good, but if a teacher is there to train, they also doing a good job. You can't compare like that. These schools children are like this or these schools are like recently I've read in the newspaper just see one girl has been selected out of for comp- to compete about 12,000 children globally.
(54:01) >> Yeah. >> She is from West Godavari or somewhere. >> Yes. >> The teacher made a difference. She's from what normal school? And then that Poornima who climbed the Mount Everest from >> Yeah. >> From where what level she's from a very low tribal family. She can't speak well. I don't know whether she can speak in English, but now she's addressing in US and all.
(54:22) She's conducting workshops there. What I believe you see every child has a talent. Every child can shine, but the teacher who is there should see that brightness is there. It is there already. You have to see that it comes out. That's it. I don't believe any child is bad or good or anything. The circumstances make them do that. So, you can't say these schools will produce only this kind.
(54:44) Percentage may be different because I said no government school children are doing extremely well. From Kerala 13 children in a government school from class 11 students have been selected for some space workshop. >> Who trained them? Who motivated them? Whereas why see when when we open the newspaper recently in Hindu chess competition I've seen.
(55:03) Usually I search for my first my school where is my school? We'll be we're searching. But the so-called high-fi schools names were not there. >> There were so many schools from government schools, normal schools where we have not heard the names are also there. So, the percentage varies. You see the presentation has happened there.
(55:20) He must have won the prize. But later what? Is he continuing? Does he develop the character where he can listen patiently to the other presenter? Or if he has failed, can he accept the failure? That is important. How well he presented is only for that moment. How well he's presenting later in life that is important.
(55:43) >> Yes, because the other day I think one of the principal in the podcast itself, the social skills and the presentation might take you till the door. >> But once you enter the room >> room they see how you talk, how you behave. Are you keeping or are you angry or are you scared? What happened to those life skills? >> Yeah.
(56:02) >> Those are important. Life skills [laughter] are important. Any tough See, all of us will face challenges in the life, but we should know how to solve those problems. Time. >> Ma'am, what was the first thought that came in your mind when your name was announced for the national award? >> Everybody even I was happy, but I got so many awards, but the national award taking from a president is a different thing.
(56:26) It's a It's a prestigious award. They thought that I've done something to the institute or for the students. That's why they must have selected me for the national award. My responsibility has increased now. See, whenever somebody sees if I'm not doing something, I got the award I'm very comfortable. What else I can do? National only I got it.
(56:44) What else? I'm comfortable. If I sit like that, tomorrow some parent entering into my room, my management's entering into my room, and they get some complaints and then I'm not doing anything, what that award is going to give me? See, I can't live having that past award in my hand and say proudly I'm a national award winner.
(57:04) My responsibility has increased because everybody says she's a national award, what is he doing to the school? She's lazy, what is she doing? So my responsibility has increased. So I have to be on my toes. I can't sit and enjoy that award. That moment, yes. I'm very happy I got it. I shared that and my management honored me and all.
(57:21) That is over, that is past. Next what? That award is not going to feed me later. It added one point to me, but what about other 99 points? I have to to that. >> What are the three most important qualities that a teacher today needs to have? >> Most important. First, as I said, no, they have to enter into the profession if they have passion.
(57:43) And love for children. And third, the most important one, she should be a role model. When I say that role model is starting, beginning of the school itself, we make the children stand in a line if they're late. And the teacher slowly she'll walk into the school. And children will be talking. I heard children talking.
(58:05) "Ah, she's coming and she's going and signing into the class. We are standing here. Is she not late to school?" So, we should not give a chance for anybody to talk that we are doing something wrong. We will make mistakes, but we should correct. If you are late, casually you can say, "Children, I'm so sorry, ma'am. I'm late because of this.
(58:24) " You tell them the problem is solved there. You accept why you are late or tell your principal or what not. And I feel, you know, whether it is a teacher or a student or a principal is doing the right job or I can say or I can say that a school is really good and the school is I can call it as a good school if it functions very well without nobody observing them.
(58:52) >> It was so lovely having you, ma'am. Thank you so much. I really enjoyed >> I enjoyed interacting with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment