Friday, October 9, 2026

Is Creating Content Enough to Build a Personal Brand? | Sudharsanan Ganapathy | Unscripted

Is Creating Content Enough to Build a Personal Brand? | Sudharsanan Ganapathy | Unscripted

Author Name:Unscripted with Meghana Reddy

Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@UnscriptedMeghana

Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OirfZ0FnRAo





Title: Is Creating Content Enough to Build a Personal Brand? | Sudharsanan Ganapathy | Unscripted

Author Name: Unscripted with Meghana Reddy

Description: What does it take to find your voice, build confidence and turn your communication skills into a personal brand?

In this episode of Unscripted with Meghana Reddy, Sudharsanan Ganapathy opens up about the first 26 years of his life, the challenges that shaped him and the journey that eventually led him to find his voice and build a career around communication and personal branding.

The conversation explores what it really takes to build a personal brand, the difference between simply creating content and becoming known for your work, and why communication can play such an important role in shaping your career.

Sudharsanan also shares insights for young people navigating self-expression, career choices and the pressure to stand out in an increasingly crowded digital world.

If you're figuring out your career, building your presence online or simply trying to become more confident in expressing yourself, this conversation has plenty to take away.

Watch the full conversation and let us know what resonated with you.


Subscribe to Sudharsanan Ganapathy’s free newsletter here - https://sudharsananganapathy.com/news...

#unscripted #MeghanaReddy #SudharsananGanapathy #personalbranding #ContentCreation #careergrowth #selfgrowth #youngprofessionals #communication

Transcript:
(00:00) You spend most of your time speaking [music] on stages but uh you spent 26 years of your life you know uh not being able to speak properly. So can you tell me about that? >> Most people think it's a physical thing >> but u mostly stammering is not a physical thing. It's an it's an internal [music] thing. >> You grew up in a parents in a tailor shop.
(00:23) What did you feel as an entrepreneur in that minute? >> One thing I learned from my parents is that um effort is a lifestyle choice. I would be dropped in school and my dad comes and picks me up around afternoon. >> We don't go to house. We go to our shop. My lifestyle revolved around a business until I turned 7. >> But when you first put a post on LinkedIn, did you think this was going to happen? >> No, I wanted one more client.
(00:45) That's why I started. >> You've mentioned earlier your brand is 90% you and 10% brand >> because I strongly believe that people don't follow you. People follow your work. >> So I want to go back to your program mastermind. Can you tell me about that? It's called the becoming mastermind. Business owners, leaders of organizations, CXOs, coaches, professionals like doctors, auditors, architects into believing that they are a brand.
(01:10) You watched the real, you really liked it. You hit the love button and you kept moving. Let's say you're watching the 10th re. Now, will you remember the first real which means >> never thought of it this way. >> [music] >> For 26 years, he couldn't finish a sentence. Today, he [music] stands on stages and teaches other people how to be heard.
(01:37) My guest today is Sudasan Gapati and one of the sharpest voices in India on personal [music] branding. He grew up inside his parents' tailoring shop in Chennai. He lost his father at six and he carried a stammer that in these with age it got worse. The internet became the place where he could finally speak without being interrupted.
(01:57) He started posting. That habit turned into business. He's now worked with 500 entrepreneurs and CXOs [music] and has an upcoming book called Becoming Known. And he runs on a philosophy he states [music] plainly, courage over knowledge. His mission is a million personal brands [music] on the world map.
(02:17) Welcome to Unscripted. So, hi Sudhar. Thank you so much for being with us on Unscripted today. How are you doing? >> Fantastic. And thank you for inviting me. >> Yes. Uh so to start off, you spend most of your time speaking on stages. But uh you spent 26 years of your life, you know, uh not being able to speak properly.
(02:38) So can you tell me about that? >> Yeah. Um I had severe stammering from the day I was born till I turned 26 years old. So um it was pretty difficult because um most people think it's a physical thing >> but u mostly stammering is not a physical thing. >> It's an it's an internal thing >> and I didn't know what it was. Okay. >> So I was carrying it for a very long time.
(02:58) >> Yeah I totally understand what you mean and I want to talk about your parents here. You grew up in a parents in a tailor shop. So what is it what did you feel as an entrepreneur in that minute? >> Right. Um, one thing that I understood from my parents, one, one thing I learned from my parents is that, um, effort is a lifestyle choice.
(03:19) No, uh, a lot of us, um, are not gifted to come from a family that owns small businesses. >> Uh, thankfully I'm gifted, but you know, that only happened until I was 7 years old. My dad passed away when I was 6 years old. And after a year of my dad passing away, my mom had to give away the business. >> But until then, I understood what business was.
(03:39) You know what happens? I I would be dropped in school and my dad comes and picks me up >> around afternoon. >> We go we don't go to house. We don't we go to our shop. >> Okay. >> And in the shop I I I stay till 9:00 or 10:00. >> Uh I sleep at 7:30 >> and at 10:00 they bring me home. I magically wake up at wake up at home. >> So my lifestyle revolved around a business until I turned seven.
(04:05) >> So I understood that effort is a given. effort is a lifestyle choice. >> So that's the biggest learning from from my parents' businesses. But that one lasted until I until I turned seven. >> I'm so sorry about your father, but >> it's okay. Life happens. >> Yeah. But how did you as a sevenyear-old uh kid, how did you take it and and the way you've been so successful now, it's amazing. I'm sure he's proud of you.
(04:29) >> Thanks. Thank you. Uh I think I didn't know the seriousness of it when I was 7 years old. you know, when he passed away, I did not know, you know, what it meant. >> But now that I have a son, now I know what it means to be a dad. >> Yeah. >> And that's pretty, you know, wild >> even to think about it. >> And thanks to my mom, she raised us well.
(04:49) >> So, >> are you a single sir? >> Uh, I have a brother too. I have younger brother. >> Okay. So, you were the you you then took over your father's place. I'm so happy where you've reached today. >> But, uh, let's go back to the stammering. Uh, so how did you overcome that? I believe that you have to usually stammering has to be treated with a therapist >> to go to someone who can help you.
(05:13) >> Okay. >> But I didn't know about it before. So I was looking for opportunities to to start speaking. >> Mhm. >> And I came across something called identity shifting. >> Okay. >> Which means if you show up as the person you want to become, you will become that person. >> Is something that I learned. >> Okay. Interesting thought.
(05:30) >> So I thought okay maybe I should start showing up as that person. M >> so what would the person who can speak really well do >> so I started researching on what people who would speak do >> they read a lot of books >> okay >> they look for opportunities in spite of the shortcomings even if they if they can't speak they look for opportunities >> and they carry themselves really well they dress well they look well they work out >> I started implementing all of those things >> and slowly my identity sh started shifting
(05:59) >> okay >> my confidence started raising uh my voice starts my voice started changing magically. I didn't know how I I didn't have a deep voice then. >> Okay. >> And now I have a deeper voice, much deeper voice than what I had. >> And my stammering left me in like 6 months >> magically. >> Wow. >> And I think it's because of the inner work, not the not the outer work.
(06:18) >> So the more you work on yourself, I think your your insecurity >> or your anxiety leaves you. >> Okay. >> I think my stammering was because of the anxiety I had. >> And I believe that anxiety is a result of uncertainty. Mhm. >> If you don't know what's coming up next, you'll be anxious. >> Yeah. >> And when you put certainty into your life, certainty and anxiety cannot live in the same place.
(06:41) >> So I think when you build certainty around you when you when you have proof >> um to who you say that you are, I think you will you'll be able to overcome anything that you want to overcome in life. >> Ah that's that's so cool. The thought itself is so intriguing. But uh did you have some strategies or anything to overcome this? No strategy per se, but know this this reminds me of my school teacher who taught me something.
(07:06) No, I used to stammer a lot. And so she said that you know when you only stammer when the word starts with a specific letter. >> Okay, >> so figure out those letters. So I would stammer around S, D, P, >> you know, um, sharp letters. >> So what she said is look for a synonym in the dictionary. >> Improve your vocabulary.
(07:27) M >> look for words that you don't stammer with and usually the synonym of a word will not start with the same letter >> it'll have a different letter >> so I started improving vocabulary and that helped me a bit but not entirely >> because not just with vocabulary you can't overcome stammering is what I believe but that's one of the strategies that I I applied >> but real strategy is to see yourself as a person who is capable of doing things >> but you know most people that are watching this I'm sure they can relate
(07:54) to you because uh stammering is usually you know people make fun of you and things like that. Did you also go through it? >> Of course. Um I was I was bullied in school. Um but in college my friends were I had really good friends. Uh but I carried the her from school in college too. So I I never spoke in college.
(08:11) I never spoke anywhere. >> Yeah. >> Um the first ever stage that I spoke in a large stage that I spoke in I was 26 years old. >> So I had never spoken in a big stage. I carried it with me. >> But I think you will outgrow it over a point of time. No. I believe that you grow every time you do things that you don't want to do.
(08:30) >> Yeah. >> No, for example, >> coming out of comfort zone. >> Exactly. So, I didn't want to speak in a stage. But the moment I got on a stage, >> um I outgrew the identity of me being a stammer. So, things changed from there on >> and I believe that anyone who is mocking you cannot be your friend. >> Yeah.
(08:48) Now, >> Simon Syn puts this beautifully. He puts he says uh friends are two or more people who have agreed to grow together. >> If somebody is mocking you on your way to growth, yeah, >> they're not your friend. >> Please remember everyone. [laughter] >> Uh so when you first spoke on stage, when you overcame your fear, how was that? >> Actually, I did not overcome my fear on stage, you know.
(09:14) Um people who go on to succeed don't succeed because of the circumstances. People who go on to succeed succeed in spite of the circumstances. >> So in spite of having the fear, you do things. Yeah. >> No, I still have camera fear. >> That's one thing. Uh if you look at my videos, I would I would look at someone else and speak on Instagram, on YouTube.
(09:32) >> Okay. >> The reason being I'm still afraid of cameras. Now, here you are here and and I can have a conversation. If you ask me to look at the camera and speak, >> I will stammer again [laughter] because I I still have have the fear. But you know what? I have over half a million video followers for me. >> Uh that's not because I I have overcome the camera fear.
(09:52) It's because I do videos in spite of the fear >> and I think that's how life is. You don't overcome anything and do it. You do it >> and in the process if you overcome it, it's an additional advantage. And even if you don't overcome it, you get the results. >> But you spent 26 years with this kind of a thing.
(10:08) And when you finally overcame it, did you feel like it took way too long? >> Actually, no. Um, you know, everything that happened happened and it took me where I am. And where I am is not so bad. >> Yeah. So if I go back and change anything might not have happened. >> So I I'm just thankful for whatever happened. >> Yes.
(10:26) Yes. So let's talk about your online presence. You are someone that has a huge following on Instagram, LinkedIn and big numbers, 300K, 100K. Uh how was it? How did you come here? >> It was during COVID 19. >> Um I've been into digital marketing from my college days and I kept going with it. >> I've never been to a job. So during COVID 19, we lost a lot of clients.
(10:48) >> And until then, I didn't have an online presence. >> Mhm. >> Uh every single client of mine comes through referrals. >> Okay. >> And a client refers another client. That's how it happened. And I would go to events, network with people, get some clients. And every everyone came to me because of personal relationships.
(11:05) >> Okay. >> And it was a pretty good life, you know. I had 22 clients working really well, a few employees. I thought I had arrived >> and COVID 19 struck. And these clients left me because I was mostly working with brick and mortar businesses. >> Okay. >> Schools, colleges, salons, restaurants, >> chains of schools, chains of colleges, chains of salons.
(11:24) And all of them shut down. >> And I went from 22 clients to six clients in a span of what 2 months. >> So I had to build my presence somewhere because I knew that I'm not generating leads during COVID 19. I had to build up build an online presence. So I started creating content on LinkedIn. >> Okay.
(11:42) I I with the intention of building a personal brand, I started creating content on April 1st of 2021. >> So when I started I had 130 followers on LinkedIn. >> And from there I grew to 10,000 followers in less than 6 months. >> Okay. >> And I started generating a lot of leads. People started asking me if I can help them grow on LinkedIn. >> Oh. >> So that seemed like a new new route for me because until then people had not asked me that because since I had results, people started asking me. Yeah.
(12:08) >> So I said yes maybe why not because I have done it for myself. I know how to do it. Why not? We my team can help you do it is how we started doing it. >> And a lot more people started asking. >> Then we rebranded our company into a personal branding agency because the business that came through personal branding was more than our digital marketing business.
(12:24) >> And >> I believe in building a business for profit not just for revenue. >> And the profit that we made out of personal branding was much more than what the profit that we made out of digital marketing. >> Oh wow. >> So we said okay let's rebrand ourselves and only focus on that. And we went to 100 clients.
(12:39) We had 100 clients by the end of one year. >> Wow. >> So >> just through LinkedIn >> just just on LinkedIn only personal branding on LinkedIn was was the forte. >> And then the people who approached me on LinkedIn started asking for other platforms. Do you do Instagram? What they started asking >> and every time I ask I I talk about to one of my employees her her name is Shaki >> you know uh now she is our CBO and she said she every time I ask her she says this if Laxmi is herself coming >> why would you say no to it? >> If money wants to come to you why would
(13:11) you block it? >> So we said okay maybe we'll we'll help you but first wait for 2 months we will figure something out ourselves and then come to you because we don't know how to do it. >> Yes. So when people ask for Instagram, I went on Instagram. I built on Instagram. The magic is that >> I didn't really know that personal branding would work for me.
(13:28) >> Okay. >> When I started, I didn't really know. I just started because I wanted clients. >> So I had 30,000 uh followers on LinkedIn when I started on Instagram. >> Mhm. >> So to get to 30,000 followers, it took me one and a half years. >> But to get to 300,000 followers on Instagram, I got there in 84 days.
(13:48) >> Wow. So the difference is that I knew that it'll work. >> You're more confident here. >> If you know that it'll that it'll work that your content is really good, it'll work for you. >> Yeah. >> You know, real results don't come from hoping. They come from knowing. >> Mhm. >> Right. So I knew it and it happened.
(14:06) >> Yeah. >> Then people started asking me for YouTube. >> Then I built my YouTube from scratch. I went to 100,000 followers in less than 9 months >> and we started offering that as a service. Then we became a full service personal branding agency. Yes. But when you first put a post on LinkedIn, did you think this was going to happen? >> No, I wanted one more client.
(14:25) That's why I started. You know, I think real real magic happens when you really do it with all the sincerity you have because I had employees and I couldn't pay full salary during COVID 19. >> And it was really it was really tough >> you know to see people who trust you not not get paid fully. >> Yes.
(14:43) Yes. Yes. So I I wanted to do justice to my employees and that's how I started but I didn't think that this will be a whole new business in itself. >> Yeah. Yeah. But you know most people do it as a hobby >> but then you took it as an business opportunity. >> That's because the market asked for it. >> Uh I did it to generate leads for my digital marketing business but then the market asked if if I could do personal branding for them.
(15:03) M >> if you look at closely my LinkedIn started my offering LinkedIn as a personal branding service started because people on LinkedIn asked me if I can help them in growth >> okay >> over a period of time people started asking for Instagram then I grew on Instagram and I started helping others grow on Instagram the same happened with YouTube so if you look at it closely >> when the market asks something you know that there is a need for it in the market >> so they asked it and then I I came up with it >> but at this point I think you've worked
(15:30) with over 500 plus entrepreneurs and CXOs. How is that? >> Um, that's the beauty of presence. That's the beauty of being out there. >> No, when you are visible, people come to you instead of you going to them. >> Yeah. >> So, lead generation becomes easy. And when you really have the credibility, when you really can show the work >> and when your clients bring more clients, >> growing is is a piece of cake is that is what I believe.
(15:55) I believe that work brings you more work >> and showcase of your work will bring you more work. >> But how did it happen? And I mean if you can briefly tell me when you put up a post on LinkedIn, how did people approach you? What what did you put it up >> put up so that it you know attracted so many people? >> Good one.
(16:12) Uh people believe more in people >> right and you could put anything on on LinkedIn not just on LinkedIn on any social media platform and people will consume it as content >> and content can be done for visibility or for credibility. >> Okay. >> But credibility only comes when somebody else talks about you. Visibility can happen for anyone because when you talk about yourself, obviously people are going to watch you.
(16:32) >> Yes. Yes. >> But credibility only comes when other people talk about you which means you should have proof of work >> and testimonials and case studies. >> And in the first six months of me creating content on LinkedIn, you know what I did? >> I had eight years of experience before that. >> I had a lot of case studies.
(16:49) >> I started documenting case studies on LinkedIn. >> Okay. During I was so frustrated that I had to take Zoom meeting with random business owners online >> to keep myself active with people. >> Yeah. >> COVID 19 was the time when we understood that we actually needed people to survive, >> right? >> So um I needed some people to survive and I got in touch with people and people I announced on Facebook.
(17:13) Why? Why Facebook? I was only on Facebook those days. >> So I announced on Facebook saying, "Hey, if you're a business owner, get in touch with me. I definitely want to talk to people. If I'm going to talk to someone, we better talk business because that's the only thing that I can hold a conversation in. >> Yes. Yes.
(17:25) >> So people started showing interest because they also felt the same way. So one by one people started showing up and I took 365 Zoom meetings for 365 days straight. >> This was from June of 2020 to June of 2021. So in April of 2021 is when I started creating content, which means I've done 10 months worth of uh meeting people.
(17:45) >> So when I did my first post, >> people started vouching for me in my comments. People who already met me, people already know me and some people who met me started working with me too and they saw results. So they started vouching for me in my comment section saying, "Hey, I've already seen this case study. This case study is mine.
(18:01) >> I know what you talking about. You you spoke about me in the zoom meeting also. You you spoke about this in in our zoom meeting also." >> So people started vouching for this. >> And when when other people saw other people watching for me, >> they also trusted me. >> So I did not start this so that I'll gain a lot of followers.
(18:20) I started this because I wanted to grow my business >> and I that's something that I I truly believe in. I believe that a personal brand has to be built for your business. >> Which means people follow you but they should know what business you run. >> Okay. >> And they should eventually want to work with you and that's why you build a personal brand.
(18:38) If your personal brand does not make business sense, you're wasting time. >> But there's a very interesting thing that you've mentioned earlier is uh your brand is 90% you and 10% brand. >> So tell us about that. >> Yeah. Um personal branding is 90% personal and 10% branding >> which means 90% of it is you >> who you are what you do um how much work you've done because I strongly believe that people don't follow you people follow your work >> and that's what real builds real credibility >> so if you can have real work and talk about your work
(19:15) >> people are anyhow going to trust you >> which means you'll have to put some you you have to learn how to put it out which is 10% which anybody can learn. >> Now any Tom, Dick, and Harry in today's world can become a content creator. >> But there's a lot of difference between a creator and a personal brand.
(19:29) >> Yeah. >> A content creator is someone who creates content. >> A personal brand is someone who has a lot of work behind them and can document their work only. >> It's a lot of things, lot of there are a lot of differences between both. >> You know, a lot of people when they try to build their personal brand, they try to become celebrities.
(19:45) >> Uh there's a lot of difference between a celebrity and a personal brand >> because a celebrity is all about themselves. >> Yeah. >> Hey, look at me. Look at how great I am. Look at how handsome handsome I am. >> But you know that's not wrong. >> But that's a celebrity. >> But a personal brand is not about themselves.
(20:00) It's about what they stand for. >> Uh look at this business. Look at this uh culture. Look at these people. Look at the revenue. Look at the growth. >> Sharing opinions. >> Sharing opinions about what they really know. >> No, I have a lot of opinions about politics. But I can't give opinions about politics because I'm not a politician.
(20:17) I have not done any work in politics. I have not done any people work. Mhm. >> But I can give you opinions about my business. That is not an opinion. That's that carries credibility because I have work behind it. >> So when you share opinions with work behind it, >> it carries a lot of weight. >> Yes. Yes. Yes. >> That is the person that people follow >> because people can easily sense it.
(20:35) >> I believe that audience is intelligent. Collective intelligence is so powerful. >> People know. >> Yeah. >> So we better talk about what we know. >> So that's a personal brand. I believe a personal brand is someone who would want to build something that would outlive them. >> Because if you keep talking about yourself, we are all going to be dead and gone someday.
(20:57) >> But a personal brand would be talking about something that they stand for, an idea, an ideology, a business >> which will outlive them. >> So if you really want to build something that would outlive you, >> you talk about that thing that you want to outlive you. >> Yes. So uh here's an example. Let's say a 21-year-old uh uh girl or guy watching this, they want to build a personal brand instead of becoming a content creator, but they have no experience, no money, nothing.
(21:26) How do they start? >> They don't build a personal brand. They do the work. When a 21-year-old tries to become a personal brand, they're not trying to become a personal brand. They're trying to become a content creator. >> There's a lot of difference between both. >> Yes. Yes. >> So, I just explained you. >> Um personal brand is for people who have done a lot of work. Period.
(21:43) People don't follow you, they follow your work. And I I would suggest that for any business owner, >> you don't want people to follow you. >> You want people to follow your business. >> Yeah. >> But until people start start building trust in your business, they will follow you because people believe more in people than they believe in businesses.
(21:58) >> So initially you need it. There's a beautiful analogy to it. Let's say there's a rocket >> and for a rocket it needs a lot of boosters to lift off. >> Yeah. >> And the the boosters as it escapes Earth's gravity, the boosters fall off. M >> the the rocket does not need boosters after that >> and if it if the booster stays with the rocket after that it becomes dead weight >> which which becomes a problem for the entire rocket.
(22:22) >> Yeah. >> The same with personal branding. The rocket is the business. >> The booster is the personal brand. >> Okay. >> It for liftoff. Do you need a personal brand? Yes, you need one >> to reach height. Do you need one? Yes, you need one. But after you are at that height, you don't need a personal brand. The business will take care of itself because it's a conglomerate.
(22:39) It's a proper business business. It has systems. It does processes, it does people, it will take care of itself. >> But until then, a personal brand is needed because in today's world, >> it's a market need. Now, personal brand is not a personal need. It's a market need. >> The market asks for who is behind the brand.
(22:55) So, you show who's behind the brand. >> But here's a thought. Uh most people like my my business doing well. Why do I need to be on camera every day or things like that? What do you tell them? >> Yeah, there okay, there are two kinds of people. People who really love privacy and I totally respect that. uh even though I'm in this line of business, I believe that uh being wealthy and anonymous is the best place to be in.
(23:17) >> Yeah. >> Right. There's no best place than that. >> No. Um building real wealth, real big businesses and still people not knowing you when you when you walk in the streets, that's a beautiful place to be in. >> But in today's world, being completely anonymous does not bring you more business does not give you credibility.
(23:34) And no there is a point in time where people look at highrises and big buildings and big logos and go hey that's a big business. >> Yes. Yes. >> No people look at who is behind the brand. >> People want to know and relate with who is behind the brand. >> And if they relate with you they will decide if they should buy from you or not.
(23:50) >> So since like I like I told you it's a market need now. >> Yeah. >> So since the market is asking for it you better show your face out so that you can attract more opportunities. >> But let's say um I'm into media BNS. So, how do I build a personal brand? >> Show your media experience, your expertise, >> show your work, show behind the scenes >> because people don't know how you run a company.
(24:13) >> If you show them how you run a company, they might eventually want to work with you. >> Okay. >> Yeah. And it depends on who >> it it can go down to that ground level person. >> Actually, it's that important. Uh because people want to relate with the personal self, with you. Um, of course, you know, um, I was talking about it to a friend recently.
(24:32) >> People identify effort. >> If you really put the effort and if you show the effort, people will respect that >> and they would want to work with you. They will want to keep following you. >> They'll want to be around you. >> But when you I want to go back to the first post you put on LinkedIn. What was it? >> I don't remember what the first post was, but you know how I started? I would read random books >> and add my two cents to it and post about it.
(24:55) Okay, >> that's how I started because LinkedIn appreciates good ideas. >> So, I started posting uh I I read a lot >> so I started documenting them. >> Okay, >> and I still don't remember how many likes I got and because first of all, >> I did not post for likes and comments and and other things. No, the vanity metrics I didn't care about it.
(25:15) >> Yes. >> Because I was already in digital marketing niche. I I understood that likes, followers, >> comments are all vanity metrics. uh just because you you get thousand likes does not mean that you're going to get thousand clients, >> right? So I wanted clients. >> I was very clear about it. So I started building relationships.
(25:33) I will double down on relationships on social media instead of just posting content on social media. >> Yes. Yes. >> There are a lot of people who think if they post content they deserve a lot of followers. >> No. The first 100 followers if you don't know them personally you're failing on social media. M >> you better go ask them.
(25:53) Hey, you followed me. I would like to know why you followed me. If I know why you followed me, I will try to make your time here worth it. >> It shows that you really care about your followers. >> It it shows that you really are going to give good content. >> If you can ask, if you have the guts to ask this to your followers, you're going places.
(26:10) >> I actually did that. I did that in the beginning days. I I asked people why you followed me. Which post made you follow me? Made you follow me? >> Why did you like their content? You made a comment. Why did you make the comment? >> I would like to know the depth of it. >> So I started understanding people as a whole.
(26:28) Like I told you, I built started building relationships even before I started creating content on LinkedIn, right? So I believe in relationships, real good relationships and getting to know people >> because when you show that you care about people, >> people really care about you too. M >> there's a beautiful saying. >> I think Estee Lauder said this.
(26:45) People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. >> You better show your care and people will naturally fall in love with you. >> But you know sometimes it can come out like trying too hard. You know being online all the time also has its negative things. People comment good things and also they can be very harsh.
(27:05) >> So that can also stop people from being you know online and putting themselves out there. So, how does that work out? >> Why is trying too hard a bad thing? >> Why? >> Yeah. Because >> because if it brings if it brings you results, >> why not try too hard? Yeah. If it's going to get you to a place that you never seen in life, let's say if it's going to get you rich, >> if it's going to get you more employees, if it's going if it's going to help you serve more people, if it's going to help you help more people, why not? Why not
(27:35) try too hard? In the beginning of this podcast, we were talking about it. Effort is a lifestyle choice. >> Trying too hard is a lifestyle choice. It has to be one is what I believe. >> So it's okay to try too hard. There are two kinds of criticisms online. The first type is people >> who want to hold you accountable.
(27:55) >> Yeah. >> They ask for proof. They ask for show me where you where you got this data from and then I'll believe you. Show the data and they will say hey very good. Thank you. Thank you so much for the data. From today on I'm your fan. >> Right. because they want to hold you accountable and when you show that you are accountable to them >> and they're going to be they're going to like you more >> and there is the the other side is let's say if you don't have the proof >> if you say sorry I don't have the proof
(28:17) I think I made a mistake they're still going to like you because you you you are accountable to your mistakes you said sorry >> right from next time on they're going to hold you accountable and still they're going to like you they're going to keep following you >> the second type of hatred is from people >> I don't even know why they why they hate where they hate right some there are people who hate with baseless no baseless hate.
(28:38) >> And I think it's not because they hate you. It's because they hate their life and it spills on social media because it can be a faceless >> Yeah. It's so easy to >> It's so It's so easy to say something online because they will they know that they're not going to get punched in the face. >> If they say it to your face, you'll punch them in the face.
(28:57) >> Yeah. >> So, it's so easy to say it online. And I think that kind of hatred you will have to ignore. And I think that's why ban button, block button, report button the social medias uh platforms have given you. >> Yeah. >> The other side embrace them because it's it's so rare to have people uh who will hold you accountable.
(29:18) >> So such people are really important. >> Okay. So tell me one unglamorous habit which is a difference between the people that made it online and the people the entrepreneurs that made it online and the ones that didn't. >> Consistency. being out there every single day. I'll tell you a fun fact.
(29:37) From April 1st of 2021 >> till today, I have posted at least one post on LinkedIn every single day without a single day break. >> Wow. >> Which is over,950 days >> without a single day's break. >> And I think anybody can do it >> but everybody won't do it >> every day. >> Every day without a single day's break. >> Uh today morning I was about to take a flight here.
(29:57) >> I posted I scheduled it then took a flight. when I landed the post was already up >> and I think anybody can do it >> but everybody won't. >> Yeah. >> So that's I think know there's a beautiful saying I think uh Darren Hardy said this in in a book called compound effect. >> He says the only way to success is through mundane unsexy unexciting uh effort repeated day in and day out consistently.
(30:25) >> Uh that's the only way to success. M >> no anything that you do no there's a again again a beautiful saying >> exciting life boring results boring life exciting results you choose >> but uh how do we find our niche suppose uh you know if an entrepreneur who's 50s I heard you work with you know older entrepreneurs how did they find their niche in themselves >> beautiful uh I believe that you don't have to find a niche I believe that you are the niche >> we all have range there's a book called range by David Epstein in which he he he
(30:58) talks about this. We all have a set of things that we are good at >> and a set of things that we that we are mediocre correct >> but we know it. >> I'll give you a set of things that I'm I'm good and media correct. Right? >> Um I'm a son. I'm a husband. I'm a I'm a father. >> I won a dog. I am a karate black belt.
(31:18) >> I'm a governor award holding in scouts and guides. >> I shoot air pistols. >> I am a chess player. And you're famous online. >> I'm famous. I create content online. I am in the business of personal branding. I'm a serial entrepreneur. I'm an investor. >> I I can keep talking. I I love cars. I love watches, right? I can keep talking about this.
(31:37) Which means if if you if you hold a conversation with me, let's say if we talk about cars, I can I can hold a conversation with you on cars. >> If you talk about dogs, I can hold a conversation with you about dogs, which means this shows my range. And we all have range. It's not just about me. We all have range. Look at this. I I nitpicked.
(31:54) I said I'm a father, which means if you're going to talk about a 5-year-old, I'll be able to hold a conversation with you. >> Right? Which means I know about 5-y olds. >> So that's exactly what our range shows. >> All this put together is your range. >> And there's only one personal branding expert in the entire world >> that has this range.
(32:10) >> Which means I put myself in the top of my niche >> through my range. Not because of the niche. >> If I if I only keep talking about personal branding, nobody's going to watch me. But if I talk about me and my life around all this >> then people know that hey this person who's in personal branding is all of these things >> maybe we should follow them because their life is interesting.
(32:29) >> How much of your life is out there? >> Not a lot. >> Not a lot. >> That's the tricky thing for someone who's you know >> you know that's where you have to there's there's a there's a fine line. >> You don't really have to show everything to become famous on social media. And I I'm I'm a huge believer that you can keep your private life you can keep your private life private.
(32:51) >> You don't have to put everything out there. >> Okay? >> I'll give you an example. If my wife was not an entrepreneur, she she will not be on social media too. >> Yes. Yes. >> I would have not put her out, right? She's an entrepreneur and she has a brand and so she's out there. >> You will never see my son's photo anywhere.
(33:06) >> Never. I believe that until he turns 18, it's not my, you know, I I don't have the right to put him out there because he can't give me access. He can't give me permission. >> He can't give me consent. >> Yeah. >> And I can't put him out there. What if he turns 18 and then asks, "Dad, why did you put me out there? Now I'm famous and my my life is not what I wanted to be.
(33:27) " >> Mhm. >> Then what then? What am I going to do? >> So I I draw certain lines here and there that keeps my private life private. Yeah, that's smart way to do it. >> I think that's how and that's why I'm not a content creator and I'm a brand. >> Yeah, >> that's that's what differentiates you. You choose what what to put out there.
(33:45) Just because you get likes, you don't have to put everything out there. >> Yes, but there's so much out there, right? Like there are like so many content creators, brands, and so much going on. And Gen Z is the most uh the generation that is online most of the time. How do they perceive what is good for them and what is not? because there's so much content that they're consuming.
(34:05) >> Yeah. Uh no. Um when I passed out of college, I passed out of college in 2012. My I finished my UG in 2012. >> When I passed out of college, if you need an information, you have to go search for it. >> You have to go to library to to the internet, take research papers, pay for research papers.
(34:23) Those those were the days where we used to pay for science direct. >> Yeah. >> And have subscription to it. >> And today everything is free. We we live in AI world. Information is free and information you don't have to go search. It comes on your feed >> and the problem is that you're bombarded with so much information that you need and don't need.
(34:38) >> Yeah. >> And it's very difficult to filter which information that you want. >> Yes. >> So you better know how to choose the information you want. >> And that's where you have to draw a line between scrolling and not scrolling. >> Because the more you scroll, more information that you don't need is coming in your feed.
(34:56) >> So either learn to curate your feed. >> Yeah. Or if you can't learn to curate your feed, stop scrolling. >> And I believe in long form content than in short form content. >> I think let's talk about this. >> Let's say you you're watching reals on Instagram. >> Yes. >> And you keep scrolling. >> You watched a real, you really liked it.
(35:16) You you you hit the love button and you kept moving. >> Let's say you're watching the 10th re. Now, will you remember the first re? >> No. Which means anybody who says that they're learning from Instagram is lying to themselves. >> We don't remember reals. >> Short form content is gives you dopamine hit.
(35:34) Gives you gives you so much dopamine hit >> that it makes you forget what you're learning. >> Wow. >> You don't remember. >> Never thought of it this way. [laughter] >> It you you like it so much and you forget about it. >> You really don't learn anything from it. M >> it's it's very rare that you remember a real or or a quote that you that you saw there.
(35:54) >> But when you watch a long form content, you actually remember a large part of it >> because you're focused on that long form content. And that's why long form podcasts, long form videos, long form um blogs, books, um research articles carries carry a lot of weight. >> Mhm.
(36:11) So if you can go from scrolling to reading, scrolling to watching, scrolling to listening to long form content, >> I think you are actually learning and you're choosing the information that you want. >> Yeah. >> So that's a difference I feel. No real it just comes and we're scrolling. But if it's a long form, you type, you search for it and then >> Exactly.
(36:27) >> Let's see who's a best example of a personal brand. Personally, after this conversation, I feel like CM Vijay has been a great uh you know person. Again it's it's very subjective. I believe that everybody is a personal brand. I'll give you an example. Uh you are a personal brand.
(36:45) Even if you have not put anything on social media >> because you have work behind you. >> Yeah. >> Let's say you didn't come to the internet world. >> Let's say you are off internet. >> People will look at your work and still give you referrals won't they? >> Which means you are already doing a good work. >> Yeah. >> And if somebody is giving you a referral which means in their mind you are a brand >> because what is a brand? A brand is a promise kept.
(37:08) >> Yeah. >> If you keep a promise, you are a brand. So when they refer someone to you, they already know that you will keep a promise. >> Or else they would have not put their name in the line. >> And they if they are putting their name in the line, they know that you're going to deliver >> which means you're already a brand in someone's mind.
(37:23) >> Except you're not a brand at scale. >> Yes. >> And that's the beauty about business owners in our country. A lot of business owners do a very good work >> and they know that they're doing a very good work. Can you give me one example of someone that you really look up to online? A business owner. >> A business owner.
(37:41) Alex Hamoi is someone I really look up to. Gary Vee is someone I really look up to because they Ryan Sah is someone I really look up to. People who have built something in their own industry and known for that single thing >> and and really really good at what they do and they walk their tuck. Basically know they don't teach you how to make let's say if someone is making a video about making how to make your first million on your business.
(38:03) Anybody can make a video about how to make a first million. But have you made your first million is the question >> because there's a lot of difference between people who talk about it and people who do it and then talk about it. >> They know what's to be done. For example, I'm documenting things here. If someone watches this and they start applying it, it it will work for them.
(38:20) >> Let me even rephrase this. It must work for them. >> You know, because >> um what's worked for me, there's a very high chance that it must work for them because it's worked for someone already. >> Yes. It's not just me for all of for all our clients that's how it works right. So your experience is what you put out there and things work for them.
(38:38) >> So I think it's not one person any no matter what business you are in you can be a brand. >> If if people trust you and if they give you referrals you're already a brand. >> But I want to go back to my 21 year old question. Let's say fine they can't make it at 21. Let's say they're 28 and now I'm sure they might have had about five years of experience.
(39:01) Then how do they begin? >> Beautiful. They begin by documenting their work. There's a lot of difference between creating content and documenting your your your work life. >> Creating content takes some creativity. >> Yeah. >> And you have to think about what you're going to create. Script it, shoot it >> and you would have created a very good content that people like.
(39:19) >> Documentation is very boring. >> You do some work today. Nobody might find it interesting except you. Sometimes you also be bored about bored about your work. But somehow you document it. Mhm. >> And you document it long enough. Let's say you document it for a year. >> And people know your range. >> They know that you you work in so and so industry.
(39:39) They know that you own this, you have that. >> Uh you go you go places, you travel a lot. They know all that. >> So over a point of time you would have established your range by documenting your life. >> Yeah. >> And people would want to see be associated with you because you have range. M >> and when let's say you talk about travel and people who like travel and want your service will only buy from you >> because there is no someone there they don't have anyone else who has both these interests.
(40:04) >> Yes. Yes. >> Let's say you you like cars people who like cars and people who want to work with you will only work with you because you have that range. >> So by establishing your range and documenting your life >> you you become lucky. But someone with no expertise and you know what you're saying, how do they I mean after working with so many entrepreneurs, I'm sure they're pretty old.
(40:26) How do you get them to do all these? >> No. Someone with no expertise, we don't work with. >> Okay. >> Um we are pretty clear about it. In fact, into my mastermind every every month we get people in, they register for our mastermind and then we say no to them. uh we have we have we have said no to so many people because they don't have enough credibility.
(40:44) They don't have enough work behind them. If if you don't have enough work behind you, >> you have no work building your personal brand. Go back to your work. Go back to the drawing board. Do the work >> because the work is what we are going to document. >> If you don't have work, you can't build a personal brand. Period. >> People are not going to follow you.
(41:02) You can be a creator. No. Um I I jokingly say this. If you really don't have the work and then and and without the work if you're creating something you have the risk of being seen as a content creator >> which is very risky. >> Yeah. >> No, you're trying to be a celebrity now. And anywhere you go people don't say that you're an entrepreneur.
(41:21) They say you that you're a YouTuber, you're an Instagrammer, >> which is an insult is what I believe for for someone who's done a lot of work, >> right? For someone who's not done a lot of work, for a youngster it's okay because they're trying to do something out of content creation. But if someone's done real good work and let's say they run a big business, they have employed 100 people and now they want to build their personal brand.
(41:41) Being called a YouTuber is an insult, >> right? So I would say that if you really have the work, build a brand or else go back to the drawing board and do the work. >> One uh uh question and uh uh I want a honest answer. Do you think personal branding is selling uh confidence to insecure people? That's a nice way to put it.
(42:04) [laughter] That's a nice question by the way. I believe that people believe that the business they build is a brand >> but somehow they don't believe that they are a brand. >> Yeah. >> Right. And that lack of belief comes from their lack in some other place in life. Not in business >> but they might lack in some other area of life >> and that pours onto their confidence >> insecurity.
(42:27) >> Insecurity. And I I believe if they keep enough promises in their life, >> they will start believing that they are a brand >> because like like we spoke what is a brand? A brand is a promise kept >> and a promise is a promise is a promise. No matter how big or small the promise is.
(42:44) Now keeping a promise in your business and not keeping a promise in your personal life is not going to make you believe that you are a brand. >> Yes. >> Because belief system comes from belie no doing things when nobody's watching. >> So if you I'll give you a simple example. Let's say you you you promised yourself that you'll wake up at 5:00.
(43:00) >> Mhm. >> You you set an alarm. You don't wake up at 5:00. You put it on snooze. Wake up at 6:00. >> Nothing happens that day. >> But your mind knows that you woke up a loser. >> Do this for one full year. By the end of the year, you want to build you want to set yourself a big goal. >> You set yourself a big goal.
(43:18) Write it down on a piece of paper. And the moment you write it down, your mind says, "First do this, then you can talk about this." Why? because you didn't keep a promise for so long that your mind knows that you're not going to keep a promise that you make yourself. >> But you can flip the script. >> You know that you can't wake up at 5:00.
(43:34) >> Let's say you can wake, you know that you can wake up at 6:00. >> Keep an alarm at 6:00, but wake up at 6:00. >> Don't lie to yourself. Do this for one full year. >> Set the same big goal. >> You know what your mind will tell you? You kept a promise for one full year. >> I know that you're going to keep this promise, too.
(43:49) Maybe I'll help you keep this promise. >> Both of them woke up at 6:00. Mhm. >> But the difference is keeping a promise and not keeping a promise. >> So keep enough promises and you will start believing that you're a brand. >> And so when you talk about personal branding, it's not selling confidence. It's making people believe that they are a brand.
(44:06) >> Um so I want to go back to your program mastermind. Uh can you tell me about that? >> Uh uh it's called the becoming mastermind where we help business owners, leaders of organizations, CXOs, coaches, professionals like doctors, auditors, architects >> into believing that they are a brand. M >> because people do a lot of work but somehow don't document it anywhere don't show that they are a brand >> or sometimes they don't believe that they are a brand >> so we help them in put in putting themselves out there
(44:34) >> and helping them believe >> that they are a brand >> they're know I believe that everything that you have in your outer world is a mirror image of what you have in your inner world >> no if you if if your inside does not feel that you're a brand it will not show outside. >> Yeah.
(44:52) Yeah. Yeah. But you know back then when you started LinkedIn or uh when there was no AI it was very much fun to watch LinkedIn and read posts but now when you go and look at uh the post on LinkedIn it all sounds the same. >> Sure they're taking the help of uh sure even all of us even I do of AI so it all reads the same. So where does the authenticity come here? >> Beautiful.
(45:16) Um I know a I know someone who is a business owner who I've been following on LinkedIn for a very long time. Let's not name people. Let's just call it a business owner. Call call him a business owner. He has 200,000 followers on LinkedIn. >> And he's a Tamilian. >> Okay. >> His posts are written in Tanglish. >> A few words are in Tamil.
(45:33) >> When I say Tamil, it's not English Tamil. It's Tamil Tamil. Okay. >> Right. He he writes in Tamil and English and in the mix. >> Okay. Okay. >> And it looks so authentic because when you read the post, you will hear him speak. >> That's how content will be. >> Now people want to look like they are perfect.
(45:49) M >> you are not perfect. >> Why would you try to be perfect? Because using AI will make you look perfect. >> And though the content is perfect, people know that you are not perfect. People know that the content is not not authentic. >> Authenticity comes from using the same tone that you are in.
(46:05) For example, if if I read your post, if I hear you, >> then it's authentic. >> If I don't hear you, then we know it's it's not authentic. >> But you know, most people might not know you in real life >> and they must be just your LinkedIn. >> Beautiful. Beautiful. I told you something when we started this program >> where I started on LinkedIn.
(46:24) People who I know offline started watching for me on LinkedIn and then my LinkedIn followers blowed up. >> But if they didn't engage there, my LinkedIn would have not grown. >> They engaged because it was me. >> They know it is me. >> And that's exactly what is going to happen with everybody especially in the initial days.
(46:42) >> People who know you are going to first engage with you and then others are going to engage with you. And you need to you need people to vouch for you. You don't need need people to follow you and forget you. >> There are a lot of people who get who get a lot of followers but then people forget them. >> Yeah.
(46:56) >> Because it's not real. >> Now in today's AI world, if something is too perfect, it's most probably AI. [laughter] >> Oh, maybe not the perfection part. Uh maybe it makes it easy for them. >> Yeah. See, um there is something called data and there is something called insight. M >> in today's AI world, anybody can show themselves as an expert bringing a lot of data into the picture.
(47:19) >> Yes. >> Because AI can give you data >> but only the ones who have done the work in that industry will have insight. What is an insight? Insight is knowing how that data was derived. >> What was the sample size? >> How many people went through the research? How the data was derived and how the data can be used.
(47:35) That's insight. And the only difference between people who have done the work and not done the work is that if you've done the work, you should talk about the insight. how the data can be used, how the data could have been derived. >> Don't talk about the data. If you only talk about the data, >> then it's probably AI.
(47:49) >> Yes. But let's say someone with with a very nice personal branding strategy, but their work is very mediocre or their business is mediocre. Do you think it's fair? >> It's not. In fact, you know, it's okay to put themselves out there. In fact, build, we call it building in public. You build in public >> and over a period of time, people know who you are.
(48:13) And in that sense, instead of coming across as an expert, you better come across as a learner. >> And people will like you for your authenticity, for your truth. >> Um, in fact, that's how I got my first client. And it was not even on internet. I didn't have any social media presence. I didn't know how to get clients. I read in some Robert Kyasaki book where he went from one store to another to get deals.
(48:33) >> I took it personally and I started going from one business to another to get deals. My first ever deal that I signed, I had went to 17 stores and the 17th business that I walked into gave me my first digital marketing uh project. Okay. >> Gave me my first digital marketing project. So this project >> was so important to me that I took it.
(48:52) >> But I know the average now which is I have to go to 17 stores to get one project. >> Okay. >> And I I know that if I cross 34 I'll get two. >> But my 19th was second. >> Okay. >> Right. And by the end of two years of me finishing my masters, >> I already had six, seven clients. >> So I didn't need a job by then.
(49:13) >> This playing with numbers, I know this is what people have to know, I think, uh, get used to. >> And that can happen on social media too if you really build relationships. >> And it's okay to take this route instead of showing yourself as the master. You know how that first first person gave me the business, I I went and told the truth.
(49:33) You're going to be my first client. M >> it's okay if you pay me less but after I give you results you better pay me more. >> Is that okay with you? Is what I asked. He said I'll pay you. Let's let's get started. I like your honesty. >> People like honest people. People like authentic people. >> No, I believe that authenticity is the highest vibrational frequency.
(49:51) >> If you start being authentic to yourself and to the world, >> yeah, >> people will start liking you and you will attract everything good in your life. But you know courage over knowledge is your stated philosophy at uh SGI your company. So has it cost you anything? >> Yeah. Um we have the courage to say no >> and uh >> lose out on clients.
(50:12) >> It's okay. And and that's that's normal in in in any business is what I believe and and it should be normalized in any business. Losing out on clients and saying no to clients, not not wanting to work with some people and and it comes with experience. If you are desperate to get clients, you might not have that guts.
(50:28) >> And that is when ethos of the company is very important. >> And I think that is when we came up with this ethos. Even if you're desperate, we are going to be so courageous that we'll do the right thing. >> And that's when that's how we we brought this up. >> But uh would you suggest that to everyone? >> Yeah, I would suggest that to everyone.
(50:43) And courageous trait is what I believe. It's not it's not uh just something that you say, it's a trait. M >> and the more courageous you are um the more opportunities come come your way and when opportunities come your way even to identify that as an opportunity you have to be courageous >> but uh yours is such an inspiring journey and you've also written a book if I'm not wrong can you tell us about that >> yeah the book is in the making now it's getting published on it's coming in the market on September 19th
(51:14) >> oh wow >> it's called becoming known >> okay >> um the idea is that I have documented ed everything that I know about personal branding from my 14 years of business experience into one book >> so that people can actually >> get the gist of personal branding. So if they sit with it for 10 hours they'll be able to finish what I'm my they'll be able to get the work that I've done in 14 years time.
(51:37) >> Yes. Yes. But how does your family feel about it? >> Uh my mom for and for one she does not understand what I'm what I'm doing. No. In fact, recently she was saying this uh we we were having a family get together. My cousins, my aunts, uncles, everyone was there in the room and she was saying now the business has come well, right? At least now you can apply for a job, right? >> Is what she was saying.
(52:01) So she does not understand this. But still she knows that we doing well and she's proud about it. >> And my wife is very proud and because we went through this journey together. >> Okay. >> Oh, it was not it is not my it is our one. M >> so went through this together. Um we were broke together. We are we are we are growing together.
(52:20) >> So that's I I believe that know a couple will grow together when they when they grow together. >> Yeah. Yeah. [laughter] >> If if that makes sense. >> But uh 10 years from now where would you be or where would SGI be? >> No, that's a beautiful question. But uh no, I don't think far ahead. Uh in fact um I I never thought that I'll be here.
(52:45) >> I'll be at what wherever I am is beautiful. I'm so grateful for wherever I am that uh know I just want to hold this feeling. >> Yeah. >> And I my you know um growth metric is very simple. If I have one more rupee than what I made last year, it's still growth for me. M >> no I don't I don't set I I have goals but that but but my happiness does not depend on those goals >> because no let me be frank my big time goal when I started my business was to make six figure income >> if I made six figure income I thought I
(53:21) would have made in life >> because all my friends went to a job and they had a sixfigure income >> if I started a business I should get to sixigure income is what I thought >> and when the sixigure income came I knew that that was not the end. >> Somehow you will want you will keep wanting more. >> You will want to keep growing and and that's a human trait.
(53:42) >> It is never enough >> and I know that it's never enough. We keep we keep growing. We want growth. >> And since growth is also part of my value system. I don't measure growth with how much growth I have. If I have growth, I'm happy. >> Yeah. >> So, um I've been growing beautifully well.
(54:00) My business has been growing beautifully well. people associated with us have been growing beautifully well and that's all it takes. That's all that's all I want. >> So I want to come from gratitude >> and not from >> hustle. >> Yeah. >> I don't identify myself as a hustler. I don't uh you know believe in hustling hard. >> Of course we put in a lot of effort and that's why I said effort.
(54:21) I don't use the word hard work >> because hard work is something that you do when you don't want to do it. >> Yeah. >> Right. That's why it's hard. >> Yeah. Effort is something that you put in. >> That's [laughter] so nice. >> So um every time you don't want to do something, if you do it, if you do the work, it'll be hard.
(54:39) That's why it's called hard work. >> But if you want to do it, it's effort. >> You take some effort and something will move >> here and there. I believe in momentum. If you keep my mentor used to say this, if you keep moving enough, long enough, >> you will break something soon enough. >> Right? So if you just have to keep know moving enough.
(55:00) But uh you have I think pretty much contradicted every belief that our audience our young audience are watching. So what would be the one advice that you would give them? >> Huh? That's one advice >> on personal branding. Let's >> on personal branding. >> Okay. Your brand depends the growth of your brand depends on what intention you come across with.
(55:19) >> It is not what you get through it. It is what you can give to people who follow you. >> Okay. >> Now every time you want to get something, >> when will you need something? Let's say you want you need followers, you need money, you need leads, you need revenue. >> Every time you need something, when will you need something? >> Let's say I want it.
(55:39) >> When you don't have it, right? Let's say I if I want water, if my body lacks water, my brain will tell me, hey, your body lacks water, you are thirsty, drink water. Right? So, every time you need something, your mind goes, I don't have it, and so I need it. >> Correct? >> Yeah. >> Your outer world is a mirror image of your inner world.
(55:56) M >> whatever happens outside >> on your inside it has already happened. >> So every time your mind goes I don't have it and I want it your outer world will prove that you don't have it. >> It'll show you that you don't have it. >> Yeah. >> So you don't get things by wanting things by needing things. >> You get things by starting giving things.
(56:16) >> Okay. >> By you you get things by starting to give. >> When will you give something? >> The other person is lacking. when the other person is lacking or when you have it >> right. For example, if you have something in excess, if you have something enough, you if you have enough of something, if you have um abundance of something, you give it out.
(56:36) >> Yeah. >> Correct. >> So every time you you think about what I can give to the other person, your mind goes, I have it and so I want to give it. >> So your mind is is is abundant. >> And your outer world will show that you're abundant. it will reflect in your outer world. So that is why when you post something instead of thinking about how many followers I'm going to get through this, how many views I'm going to get through this, think about how many lives I'm going to change through this, who I'm going to help through this, what people
(57:03) are going to learn through this. >> When you start giving from this intention, you will automatically start receiving. In fact, you must receive. That's how it works. So this is law. >> Um, no, there's a beautiful saying, the universe does not give to you. The universe gives through you. Wow, that's an amazing way to end this.
(57:22) It has been such an insightful conversation. Thank you so much for being with us today. >> Thank you so much for inviting once again. Thank you. >> [music]

No comments:

Post a Comment