Tuesday, August 25, 2026

#058 | 93-Year-Old Ramana Devotee Reveals Inner Bliss | K.V. Subramanyam | Anandyatra Podcast

#058 | 93-Year-Old Ramana Devotee Reveals Inner Bliss | K.V. Subramanyam | Anandyatra Podcast

Author Name:ANANDYATRA

Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@Anandyatra.

Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=724O9Ev_0mM



Transcript:
(00:02) When you come to Bhagwan, you can't move away. Because when you come to the top of the mountain I didn't know. As Osho said people who come to Bhagwan Ramana and then leave have something very wrong [music] in them. Maybe a small man or a great man. But inside you is something which is measureless. And that's with everybody.
(00:25) Whether you are a temple cleaner or a lecturing public lecturing brain or secretary general of the United Nations or president of the biggest state, the biggest country in the or no two Nobel laureates, you Nobel prizes you were given. All are same. [music] These all belong to the mind. Buddha said same. Yato vacho nivartante [music] aprapya manasa saha that reality words and meaning [music] don't cannot reach. They come back.
(00:57) Bhagwan kept [music] things which cannot be explained to the mind. To the mind I cannot explain. Why am I suffering? Because it can't be put in words. Run away from suffering. In the pursuit of pleasure. [music] Pleasure is not ananda. But through suffering you go to ananda. >> Spreading healing through conversations, [music] journey to bliss.
(01:22) Welcome to Anand Yatra [music] podcast hosted by Ashish Yog India. >> In podcast we discussed about K.V. Subramanian sir's life and how he emphasized on the power of silence. That was I think greatest Ramana Maharishi teaching and he talked of that bliss therapy. That is I think very new for me.
(01:44) I talked of that psychotherapy >> Yeah. >> and pharmacotherapy but bliss therapy I think he shared a lot of things from his life like how he suffered with lot of problem but one thing he told is >> [music] >> within me there was something which was unaffected by all these problems. That is what I am. So >> Exactly. >> It was a great conversation and for me uplifting as well and in every podcast we try to elaborately discuss about how the human life can be better understood in those terms.
(02:10) >> Yeah. >> When I ask him about the suffering like how to get rid of the suffering he told silence is the way. You do the inquiry that is a way. And when we and when most interesting part was the purpose of life. That time he told Once we wake from this life that what we are now then that question will get resolved because a person who is in sleep whatever you tell to him he will not understand that.
(02:34) So the way is I think devotion and the bhakti is a way and I think in that lies the power of intelligence. So you all can share this podcast with others as well. >> When Ramana Maharishi says >> Yeah. >> silence is a greatest teaching and silence is the one thing through which we learn a lot of deeper insights.
(02:55) >> So today I would like to welcome all of you to this Anand Yatra podcast and I'm your host Ashish. Today sitting at this holy place of Ramana Ashram in Tiruvannamalai and I got great opportunity to sit with a person who learned through lived experience in the realm of spirituality. So today I would like to welcome to our podcast the one and only K.V. Subramanian sir with us.
(03:22) Thank you so much sir for coming and >> Ashish. >> Yes. So sir is going to share his journey with all of us and how as the channel name is Anand Yatra like the journey of bliss and joy and how sir has attained in his life. So I would like to know your view on the Ananda and the bliss and I would like to know your journey as well as sir.
(03:45) And I would like to tell about sir sir has a knowledge of like more than 13 languages more than that. >> No, >> read books in seven languages. >> Yeah, yeah. >> And but I don't claim to speak >> Okay. >> all those. Five or six languages I speak. >> Okay, okay. >> And I have translated books from Bengali, German, French, and even some Russian.
(04:09) And I don't know much Russian, but I translated some speeches long ago. And then uh not interpreted, but translated. And uh Telugu, I helped also >> Mhm. >> translate a Telugu book. Somebody had translated it, I rewrote it. >> Mhm. >> And so five or six languages. Uh Hindi, I translated a book on the Purusharthas Chaturvidha. Now published.
(04:35) A Swamiji wanted a translation, I translated. Dharma, Artha, Kama, Moksha. I said, "Kama, I don't know." >> Mhm. >> So Dharma, >> [laughter] >> Artha, Moksha I had I translated for him. That's about all. >> Yes. >> I'm not Edward Fitzgerald. >> Wonderful. You are Edward Fitzgerald. I feel that's your humility.
(04:53) Yeah, yeah, yeah. >> Edward Fitzgerald. >> Yeah. >> Edward Fitzgerald. >> Yes. >> You were great translators. Edward Fitzgerald. >> Mhm. >> And then A. K. Ramanujan. >> Mhm. >> I consider him the greatest translator India produced. >> Great. I feel that's your humility. >> No, I'm very ordinary, man. I As I speak, you will know.
(05:11) >> Yeah, yeah. >> Very obvious. I will put my IQ as just average >> Oh. >> or below average. Jayaraman is very high IQ, extraordinary. >> I remember in Gita, I think that's why they mentioned Shraddha. Shraddha labhate jnanam. When we have the Shraddha, labhate jnanam. When we have the devotion, and I think that is what from where you get >> I will let you know what what happened.
(05:32) >> Yes. >> I had a breakdown and all that. >> Yes. So >> became as good as eventually handicapped. >> Mhm. >> And you asked a question. >> Yes. >> Tell of all these titles probably. You said "Ananda." >> So I wanted to know your journey. So like this channel is more about lived experiences like how you came to this Ramana Maharshi path.
(05:53) >> How we came to Bhagwan. How I have been in ashrams for so many years, different ashrams. And then I was moving from place to place. When you come to Bhagwan, you can't move away. Because when you come to the top of the mountain as you know as Osho said people who come to Bhagwan Ramana and then leave have something very wrong in them.
(06:17) >> [laughter] >> You know Osho said that. He was not a man to accept anybody. >> Yeah, definitely. >> But of course he he saw merit when he appreciated it. He said if at all I like anybody I like Krishnamurti because he lived with a single flame. Single flame. >> Yeah. >> But Krishnamurti was a great teacher as a man.
(06:40) >> Oh my god. >> I have written somewhere after Bhagwan the greatest teacher the Krishnamurti's teachings appeal to me. But as a man Gandhi ji. >> Oh. >> Yes, yes. He was like a not all of them were Krishnamurti compared [clears throat] to Gandhi and Bhagwan. So full, wholesome, complete, perfect.
(07:04) Krishnamurti had likes and dislikes. But he was a great teacher undoubtedly. What do you do with Krishnamurti? What do you do with Krishnamurti? He blasted Krishnamurti. I know Krishnamurti very well. I can't claim to know him very well but we knew each other. >> Oh. >> I walked in this ashram. >> Great. >> And solutions. I have written about him.
(07:27) And he liked my writing. >> Oh, wonderful. Great to hear that. >> He didn't like Hindi and English. I am a writer in Hindi and English. >> [laughter] >> I don't know Western English but he liked it. And he even quoted from that. Without mentioning me. He >> it a great man and a small man, but my one sees all of them infinite.
(07:52) You may be a small man or a great man, but inside you is something which is measureless. And that's for everybody. Whether you are a table cleaner or electric public electric cleaner or secretary general of United Nations or president of the biggest state the biggest country in the or no two Nobel laureates or Nobel prizes you are given. All are same.
(08:17) These all belong to the mind. Brilliancy, intelligence, writing books, talking, all mind. But there is something as as what is it say? The two are two never come to be appropriate of the self. That reality words and meaning do cannot reach. They come back. Unable to reach there. And then Thyumanavar, great saint says to be in that place where there is no word nor meaning.
(08:57) I want to be there. Bhagwan was there. Bhagwan was there. So Ramakrishna went to Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar. You know who he is. He was professor of Sanskrit in Presidency College. He went to him in a car, bullock cart. And then Ishwar Chandra told him, "Thakur Ishwarer katha kichu bolo. Tell something about God." He said, "Brahma uchchhishta hoyeni.
(09:25) Brahma cannot become uchchhishta means cannot come out of the mouth. Mukhe diye bola jayena. Cannot come out of the mouth. Truths Brahman cannot come out of the mouth." And then Ishwar Chandra looked at his pupils and Arre ja any truth on this Rishi Kiji? Today I have learned something new." >> [laughter] >> Look at the command.
(09:47) Bhagwan said, "One can go on talking. When you come to truth, you'll be silent." Jesus was examined by Pontius Pilate. He was Let's see being crossed by him. And then "My kingdom of is not of this world." he said. And he talked about truth. Pontius Pilate asked him the Roman Roman consul, "What is truth?" He was silent, Jesus.
(10:17) Earlier to his disciples, he said They were all fishermen. Luke was a doctor. Others were fishermen and all that. And I don't know who's Luke was with him. But he was a doctor. But other 12 13 disciples, mostly they were fishermen. And He says, "You will find truth one day and that truth will set you free." What's truth? Puri Shankaracharya, this Shankaracharya Puri at that time who who knew about 14 15 languages fluently.
(10:54) And he got eight in M.A.s, six in M.A.s from Miracles University, America. In one year in the same year he wrote six exams and got six in M.A.s. >> Oh ho. >> He was a great scholar and amazing speaker. >> Mhm. >> And he came to Bhagwan. He wanted some question to be answered. Bhagwan answered. And he said, "I don't understand.
(11:19) " And Bhagwan kept silent for 10 15 minutes. And tears flowed flowed from his eyes, Shankaracharya. And said, "Now I understand." So words can go up to a point. Beyond that, it can't. It can't be maintained with mind. And it cannot be expressed in words. Words stop up to a up to a point it can go. Beyond that, it cannot go.
(11:52) Krishnamurti tried as much as possible to take words as much as possible to take to the extent of it can go uh uh to to capture the power of silence. Up to a point. But, it was only a great attempt. But, he was a great teacher. Bhagwan kept things which cannot be explained to remind remind inactively [laughter] happy.
(12:21) Why are those Because it can't be put in words. Bhagwan was a silent teacher. Bhagwan si- was primarily preeminently he was uh a silent teacher. So, silence is our own nature. That silence is wisdom, nyana. That silence is mauna, silence. And that silence is bliss, ananda. Ananda, you talked about yoga. Yoga cure.
(12:58) I would say bliss They talk about bliss therapy. You see? Uh Fly talked about He talked about the sexual repressions and all that. And then, will to power. And Jung talked about the subconscious, wrote about the subconscious and unconscious beautifully. And Erich Fromm and who was the man who wrote about uh logotherapy? He said, "When you find meaning in life, you get cured.
(13:27) " Our problems arise from the fact we find meaning, life meaning. So, he found the meaning. He was a Jew. He was in concentration camp. Before his turn came for the gas chamber or in there, allies came and released him. He wrote the book Logotherapy and the doctor of the soul and the third book, beautiful book.
(13:52) So, release therapy if man mental disease, I was in mental crazy in 1960. Dr. Irium, he was the doctor. He said you should also for very severe anxiety. You know anxiety? >> I'm working on anxiety only. >> Very severe anxiety, very severe and OCD, obsessive-compulsive disorder. And by birth was not diagnosed at the time, later Asperger.
(14:25) Asperger is a light form of autism. My grandson is severely autistic. But he is a genius. He has written five books. He can't speak. He can't write. He punches on the mobile and he's in Madras. They were in America. They relocated here some 20 odd years ago. And he wrote a book O Ye Me. He quotes Bhagwan also. One of the books he has read is Bhagwan's talks.
(14:53) And he's saying autism is my my body and mind not for me. I am free. So, classic. And so, he's free and he even married and has two children. He can't speak. He can't write. And so, told I have only three manners of we have 23 manners of 23 manners. But he's a genius. And I consider him a gyani. He has found his self.
(15:20) So, self anybody can be found can found it because one's own nature is Mind is not our nature. Mind, thoughts, when you say I, you are going away from yourself. Once talking about suicide, Bhagwan said, "When you say I am the body, you are committing suicide." You are the self. The eternal self, and you identify yourself with the body and the life, which are temporary.
(15:51) Whereas, you are eternal. When you know you are not the body and mind and life, you are the eternal self. Without to forget that is to commit suicide. Bhagwan >> Then K.V. sir, where we are doing the mistake? >> See, in life, we all get caught up in this body mind setup, and we have aspiration in outer life.
(16:11) We want to achieve things. We have desires. >> I you >> And we are when we are not able to do suppose I was also preparing for UPSC. I was lucky after two three attempt I felt he did not for me. Yeah. That engineering services. >> Oh, engineering >> Yeah, I gave interview also, but after that time I felt he that's okay.
(16:27) I experienced. Now I will go do something else. So, but lot of people I see they get caught up in this thing like how this >> Many >> Yeah, running like that. >> running running running >> So, so where we are doing the mistake? And I think that medicine is also working on that suffering. How to get rid of suffering.
(16:43) Bhagwan is also talking how to get rid of suffering. So, where we are doing the mistake? >> Yeah. Yeah. So, bliss therapy, bliss therapy means to return you to your original state. A long ago I read the German book, "The Pflicht of der Pflicht glücklich zu sein." The duty to be happy. It's our duty, you see? Because and I made up my mind.
(17:09) I had a breakdown 1952. Severe anxiety. And then sexual repression. I couldn't marry. I couldn't not earn money. I had an a anxiety and Asperger. So, uh it was not a very natural uh uh uh way of life. I repressed sex. Probably I should have married. I may have succeeded, I may not, but it was risky. Because my siblings were all okay.
(17:40) They didn't have neurosis. They were okay. And I had this problem. And one of my cousins was severely mentally handicapped. And another cousin, she had kind of problem. And my grand nephew, much later, he still has this severe anxiety and autism. So, it was in the genes somewhere, the gene bank, you know. So, and then when I found anxiety was my problem and anxiety OCD and then only a few years ago, 6 7 years ago, my niece, mother of that grand nephew, told me she calls me money, even though she is my
(18:24) niece because she's only 12 years younger. You are also autistic. At the time also a president, he was here at the time. He was in America, but he had come. Uh and then my niece says, "I'm autistic. No, uncle, you may be Asperger." >> [laughter] >> So, I went into it and then I found Asperger, autism, mental handicap, everything on the surface.
(18:54) When you go down, you're the eternal consciousness. It's a question of sinking into yourself. When you're sinking into yourself, Bhagwan had cancer. I never suffered from his cancer, he did. Because what is that to me? It was in his body. I am not the body. >> Mhm. >> If this is a stroke, if this is uh known to me I don't see him, but I had correspondence with him.
(19:23) He talked in Oxford and then Rajasthan. He's passed away now at the age of 96. He wrote "Bhagwan was a person who separated the self from the body and mind." See, Bhagwan doesn't cure our cancer or >> Mhm. >> He says it's not for you, it's for the body. Why do you suffer? He joked till the end. Bhagwan's disciples, including Kunju Swami was here and then whom I knew and others, Western disciples wrote he joked till the end.
(19:59) And in excruciating pain as I asked him sa- sarcoma osteosarcoma uh very uh it was called uh What do you call it? The one is cabbage and the other is uh flower cauliflower. Cauliflower sarcoma. It resembled a cauliflower and produced to flower. And then they cut it and and all that dressed it again cutting and all and incredible pain.
(20:34) Those days painkillers were not there and treatment was primitive. Bhagwan didn't want any treatment. >> Mhm. >> So uh Bhagwan was not affected by physical suffering. >> Mhm. >> He was always in bliss because he was the self. >> Mhm. >> You don't have to go in search of bliss. You have to go in search of money, name and fame, knowledge.
(20:59) But bliss is your own nature. When you come to yourself, you're in is So when man is suffering, he said your body is suffering. Your mind is suffering. When you come to yourself, away from the body, we are the the the Annamaya kosha and then Pranamaya kosha, and Manomaya kosha, Vijnanamaya and all that, Anandamaya kosha, come to Pratyagatman.
(21:32) Your own inner self. The Upanishad says Brahma God created eyes, the the senses going outward. So, Paranc man sees other things, but not one's own self. So, Kashcid dhirah a wise man Amrtatvam icchan wanting immortality Avrtacaksuh Amrtatvam icchan Kashcid dhirah Pratyagatmanam aiksat. Desire desires of immortality, he goes within and finds his self.
(22:11) Which is bliss, Saccidananda. So, Ananda, you don't have to bring money, bring this and that, bring women, bring or go in search of sex, go in search of name and fame. This all will help. But the enduring joy is to be yourself, which is Saccidananda. >> Uh yeah, and give it a try. >> The nice thing I'm feeling like if you are saying you go and be as you are instead of trying to be so many things.
(22:42) >> This is what the great Maharaj said, you know. >> Yeah, yeah. >> He says you can be yeah, night watchman and be happy. >> Yeah, so so is there a methodology for that? Is there a way of inquiry like I was saying? >> What do I want to say? >> Yeah. >> When you say I am this, I am that, find out where is the I comes from.
(23:03) That's the I. Find out where the eye comes from. Go on. Like if you lose a diamond ring or something in the water, you plunge into it in the river and take it out. You go within. Go within and find out the eye. And you will find there's no eye. All these days we have been following dealing with a shadowy identity, eye.
(23:36) And then when the eye stops, there's a tremendous space within. You are caught in the eye cage, but you're out of the eye cage, the limitless space, chidakasha, is your residence. >> Yes. So, Brahmananda, when I myself tried meditation and tried I initially found lot of memory which I struggled a lot. And later >> I am 94, 93 and all.
(24:06) Uh I I have been silent for many years. I have practiced this and that. Still, mind goes on. Sometimes very strange thoughts come. >> Today, I went to Virupaksha Cave also at Skandashram. There I felt like what Patanjali is saying, "Yoga chitta vritti nirodha." Like your mind is getting completely silent, still you are aware, you experience.
(24:29) But when you go again back to the world duties and all, again you find that background some noise >> Don't worry about it. Don't worry. See, you don't have to run away from the world. The world will come catch you in any case. Mind is the world. You see, mind is the world. There are people who have tremendously onerous jobs, great responsibility like prime minister, home minister, chief minister, you see.
(24:54) So many and and the people you see who who are scientists and then teachers who are responsibility. If they enjoy it, good. If you enjoy it, any job, I have a trick. You see the best in everyone. >> [laughter] >> What do I and see every girl's good as Shakespeare says, Helen's beauty on the brow of Egypt. Every girl is beautiful.
(25:26) As Einstein said, every man, every woman is a genius. But if you ask a fish to climb a tree, it will be confused. >> Yeah. >> You may not be a genius in music, mathematics, language, this and that, administration, but mathematics, but you may be a genius in the art of being happy and never getting hurt. There are girls who can make can however crazy a husband may be, they'll make a success success of the marriage.
(25:57) You see, they'll make a success of the marriage. I know girls who who who love him, who will not leave him and then handle any situation. In-laws under this you see. >> Yes, one more thing like channel like life is all about going away from suffering, the pain that we all go >> Suffering, you see, Pope some Pope John Paul, I think wrote they know he you have got an encyclical and there is an important topic like AI.
(26:28) The present Pope Leo has issued an encyclical Magni- Magnifica Humana, the greatness of man. So, he's discussed AI. Don't let AI control you, >> Correct. >> And one Pope what's his name? John Paul, I think he issued an encyclical Salvifici Doloris, the redemptive salvatory redeeming nature trait of role of suffering.
(27:03) He says suffering redeems you. >> Oh. >> Purifies you. You see? As Have you heard of Buddha? He was a great uh philosopher. He lived in France. French Russian, but he lived in France. And he said everybody is a Christ. But we have forgotten them. And to be a Christ again, you ought to voluntarily go through suffering and pass through that.
(27:32) We all run away from suffering in pursuit of pleasure. Pleasure is not Ananda. But through suffering, you go to Ananda. >> So suffering is useful. We all need that. That's what you're trying to say. >> But that doesn't mean you have to be a masochist. Masochist, you know masochist? Sadist is one who inflicts suffering.
(27:54) Masochist inflicts suffering on himself. >> So wonderful. >> Yeah. >> Yeah. Yeah. >> Masochist is one who So but Mahavira was not a masochist. Buddha was not. Buddha was not. Gandhi was not. They showed go run away from suffering, pass through it, you will find Ananda. >> Uh Subramanian, I always feel when I look back like you mentioned of all like we take Buddha or Mahavira or Ramana Maharshi, Krishna, Jesus, every time suffering continued like they have shown the path either you do karma yoga, bhakti yoga, gyan yoga, dhyan yoga, but always the suffering has followed us
(28:35) like a shadow. So can permanently we ever going to be in life like free of suffering like you are telling joy like in outer world suffering will always be there? >> Suffering will be there, but you won't be affected by that. >> Mhm. >> You see hypochondria. You know hypochondria? >> Mhm. >> A man who You see, a small system, he will think he has cancer.
(28:58) >> Mhm. Yeah, yeah. Correct. >> Cough, he thinks it will be TB. >> Correct. >> I could never have a film called Under the Yum Yum Tree, Hollywood Tree. That was full form. You see, like hypochondria. >> Mhm. >> So, every little And then, when he becomes free, loses into even if TB, paralysis, Parkinson's, uh or cancer, everything comes, he won't be affected.
(29:24) Because he is beyond that. That's only for the body. >> Mhm. >> And how many people have See, Milton was blind. >> Mhm. >> You see, what's his name? Beethoven >> Mhm. >> was deaf. >> Mhm. >> Halfway through his symphonies, >> Mhm. >> nine symphonies, >> Mhm. >> even when he was had completed third or something, he was deaf.
(29:47) >> Mhm. >> But he wrote his symphonies. He saw his music. >> Mhm. >> He saw music. Homer was blind. He wrote He's considered one of the world's greatest poets. Some people say Homer was different from Shakespeare only in in kind, not in degree. >> Mhm. >> He was blind, he dictated. Homer's Iliad, what does he was sung.
(30:10) >> Mhm. >> It was not written later written. So, blind, you had Helen Keller. >> Mhm. >> She was blind, >> Correct. >> deaf, everything. And she was considered one of the greatest of the century. You see, greatest minds of the century. >> Mhm. >> So, suffering Only suffering is ignorance. That I am a jiva. I am separate from others.
(30:35) >> Mhm. >> When you When you say I and you, that's suffering. >> Ignorance. When I know I I I >> I practice this. When I was in Delhi, I used to go to Raj Mal Khan Park. You know Delhi? >> Yeah, yeah. I was in Delhi last 7 years before coming to Bangalore. >> Where were you staying? >> Uh Lakshmi Nagar. >> Lakshmi Nagar. I was in Karol Bagh.
(30:58) Evening I would go little money. I did a small job. I was a typist part time little money. Other times I would sit and read on. And I used to see uh eating house restaurants people having tandoori roti this and that. He's eating, I'm eating. He's eating, I'm eating. He's enjoying, I'm enjoying. He's going in car, I'm going.
(31:23) He is rich, I am rich. When you remove the distance between you and the other. And then but unnecessarily you think I and you we are one self. Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam. The world is one family. And then you are with the other. There's no other. And there was an American here guy Hag for 8 10 months in the 1930s. One day he was walking with Bhagwan towards Virupaksha.
(31:54) Virupaksha Bhagwan was going a little in the front. He said, "Bhagwan." Bhagwan looked back and said, "Yes." "How about helping others when you get gyana?" You know gyana? Bhagwan said, "When you get gyana, there are no others." >> [laughter] >> Which is [gasps] ego. Ego creates the alter, the other. >> Same thing I I felt when yesterday I was having green gram using there a lot of beggars and I feel like everybody ask and how much I can help.
(32:25) So, when you are not able to do that, you feel bad about it. >> When you when you see other, you help. But when you get gyana, there is no other. Because the film you see, it's a film. When the fire is raging, you go for water. When you know it's only a film. When the awakened man sees the world as a dream of the suffering.
(32:48) >> Then Subramanian sir always that question will come if it is like a dream then then what is the purpose of this human life that we all are going through? >> That's when you come to that stage you will know that. When you are awakened you will the question is answered. Now when I am sleeping how can I you see awakened man describe what is what is going on? I have to wake up.
(33:15) That's why open it says that's my job job. Therefore wake up wake up. Vedanta only says wake up. We are dreaming. We are asleep. Wake up. When you wake up that is such a done. That reality such is awareness and another. Such should I I still have anxiety. I still have OCD. But I sit down. I was born like that. That's why I did not allow the body to grow. See your body is beautiful.
(33:58) So they are saying full of silly you I did not allow my body to grow. I had a breakdown. My face didn't grow. Small became small. Eyes affected. Everything affected. Anxiety. Terrible anxiety. It's only anxiety. And then I couldn't even sexually also I think I am handicapped. One doctor said in Delhi in Connaught Place there was one Dr.
(34:27) Rao 1957. My boss I was working with a German for a few months. I translated German documents for him. And then I corrected his English. He was very happy. And he said, "I will take you to Germany. Don't leave me." I said, "No, one day I'll get up and leave. I have a problem." And then he took me to his doctor.
(34:50) He was a surgeon. I told him a doctor would come from Austria in Calcutta. Uh he examined me and seemed to feel I'm handicapped sexually. No, no. You are small man. But if you marry a girl who loves you, respects you, you can have a reasonably happy. I decided never to marry. Never to go to any girl. Yeah. Because they Oh, should I make her a Mother Teresa or a saint? If I do sex, it should be real sex.
(35:20) You see that? That's all. So, I'm much handicapped. And eventually also handicapped. And physically handicapped. But there is something which you know, which is never handicapped. Which is Ananda. That Ananda can never die. That is your own self. Your own identity. Everybody's identity. When you get to that Ananda, you become the river of Ananda.
(35:50) Now, we are bubbles of suffering. Bubbles of like and dislike. Two bubbles of pleasure and pain. Bubbles of I, you, and he, and she. And the bubble bursts, and you become a river. It's the river Satchidananda. It's Ananda. >> Last one thing I saw in some of your video, you mentioned that that Arunachala Hill is none other than Ramana Maharshi.
(36:17) Could you elaborate a little bit more on that? >> Which one? >> That you generally >> Yeah, Arunachala is Ramana. Because Arunachala Bhagwan sees as the external symbol of on Atma. Bhagwan is Atma. Atma is truth. And why he saw the sand and stone, the monument of sand and stone, Arunachala, as the self, as Atman, as as we call it Ramana, we say Ramana, Arunachala, and the Atman of self.
(36:54) That we can understand as we go on. >> Whenever I come to Ramana Ashram, I always my heart will always feel that stillness, that uh calmness of the mind you experience. So, that that will always be there, and and I think >> Bhagwan always see also say Arunachala, after seeing you, I see you merging as yourself.
(37:19) It can be Himalayas. It can be Vidya. It can be Tiruvannamalai. It It can be Yokohama. It can be Alps. Or it can be Ganga Yamuna. >> Yeah. >> When the eyes become illumined, you see everything as the light. It's our thought which says this is Arunachala, that is that. This is Ashish, that is he is. But when all the the diversity becomes goals, you become united.
(37:55) As As Rumi says, "What could that mazanas shake it guys? There's only one." How can there be participation? There's only one. That's a bliss. What could that? >> Wonderful, and I heard of that Ramana Anjali, I think something you worked on. >> You see that. >> Yeah. >> Ramana Anjali 40, there are four episodes. >> Yeah.
(38:20) >> I have written about 100 songs on that. >> Yeah, yeah, yeah. >> About 30 songs. Are Sharda questions and answers. So you can see that. From that you can take some You saw that? >> Yeah, yeah, a little bit I saw how beautifully you connected that Advaita of Ramana Maharishi with that musical form.
(38:41) Anything could you like any favorite lines or can you just share few now? Can you chant any Yeah, yeah, Bhagwan or anything very close to your heart you always look to anything >> Take any word of Bhagwan. Take talks from this Bhagwan day by day with Bhagwan or uh Bhagwan's Aksharamanamalai or the 40 verses. Take one word, one word. He says the stage in which I doesn't rise is a stage in which we are there.
(39:14) We are that which is eternal, infinite. But we become I, the jiva. But we are Brahman. We are the limiters. We become limited. Why? The bliss therapy she says you are not jiva but Brahman. You are not all these but you are the nameless, formless, eternal, infinite reality. That's within you. Everybody can find it.
(39:46) It's within everybody. They can God is within you. That's it. Bhagwan always said it's a beautiful mahavakya, kingdom of God. I am before Abraham was. I am that I am. This is the best definition of God. Be still and know that I am God. >> So in this whole podcast we discussed about K.V.
(40:14) Subramanian sir's life and how he emphasized on the power of silence. That was I think greatest Ramana Maharishi teaching and he talked of that bliss therapy that is I think very new for me. I talked of that psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy but bliss therapy I think the greatest one when you >> that same phrase is used by some psychologist.
(40:33) >> So if you are established in your bliss or Ananda I think and the channel is also about the we all are on a journey to that Ananda only and we get uh free from all kinds of suffering that we go >> Exactly. >> through. It's not temporary suffering you take medication but really you get established in yourself.
(40:50) >> lasting >> Yes and the great part like sir shared a lot of things from his life like how he suffered with lot of problem but one thing he told is within me there was something which was unaffected by all these problems. That is what I am. So it was a great conversation and for me uplifting as well and in every podcast we try to elaborately discuss about how the human life can be better understood in those terms.
(41:19) When I asked him about the suffering like how to get rid of the suffering he told silence is the way you do the inquiry that is a way and when we and when most interesting part was the purpose of life. That time he told once we wake from this life what we are now then that question will get resolved because a person who is in sleep uh whatever you tell to him he will not understand that.
(41:41) So the way is I think the devotion and the bhakti is a way and I think in that resides the power of intelligence. So I'm grateful to you sir for connecting and sharing your insights and I hope this is going to help others. >> Thank you. >> So you all can share this podcast with others as well. >> Thank you. >> And thank you so [music] much.
(42:02) >> Thank you. >> [music] [music] [music]
(42:54) [music] [music] [music] >> Mhm.

No comments:

Post a Comment