Can Your Mind Influence Disease? Pancha Koshas, Prana & Science of Healing Yogi Shivan & Dr Vignesh
Author Name:Dr. Vignesh Devraj
Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@drvigneshdevraj
Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RpSVbM4iPw
Transcript:
(00:00) We have actually five dimensions of life, which called the pancha kosha. >> Mhm. >> Medicine is only a catalyst. It cannot become the real player. >> When you're able to let go, when you're able to say it doesn't bother me, that is your highest power. Whenever you see a chronic condition where certain emotional patterns could be a contributing factor for the physical manifestation of a disease.
(00:23) >> Very simple, hold the breath. One person came, 25 years this person was having running nose. He used to travel or move with a thick towel. >> So, those of you who have not heard the previous episode with Guru Yogi Shivan, I highly recommend you listen to that before continuing this because we are going to discuss a lot about as a continuation of what we discussed in the previous episode.
(00:53) Yogi Shivan ji, thank you for coming back again for this episode. So, I'm diving directly into that question that I wanted to ask you. So, when a patient, let's say they're having some chronic condition or a terminal issue, or let's say a third-degree or a fourth-stage cancer. >> Mhm. >> Or let's say certain autoimmune conditions.
(01:13) See, when I say I'm an Ayurvedic doctor, I always say I'm the doctor for the leftover patients of the the pharmacy and the prescription could not solve in the traditional modern medical practice. >> Yeah. >> So, that's where they are coming to something like this where they want to go beyond what a medicine can do. [music] >> Mhm. >> So, let's say somebody comes to you with a serious case.
(01:32) So, it could be a cancer, it could be a tumor, it could be a chronic autoimmune conditions. And knowing with what you discussed, you're talking about sthula sharira and sukshma sharira. How do you approach this in your healing practices? What What goes into your mind in in treating such a patient? >> First, I analyze the energy level.
(01:52) >> Mhm. >> It's called udal koor. >> Mhm. >> Body language in English term. We have actually five dimensions of life, which called the pancha kosha. So, the visible one is the tangible body, anna kosha, annamaya. Second is pranamaya. Which that energy body can be pictured by modern cameras like biophoton camera and magnetometer. It's there.
(02:19) The third one is manomaya, then vijnana, anandamaya. So, five layers are there. When I recognize this energy body, I can see it and I can feel it. There mantra comes. So, when I see this energy level, I will have an assessment which way I can approach his mind or her mind. People are having different, you know, preoccupied ideas uh about the disease.
(02:49) First, I have to restructure it or demolish that uh power of understanding. Because they have a feeling that this is autoimmune state, [music] so it is beyond healing. A person thinking that this is beyond healing, not no medicine is going to work on that person. That is what is called autoimmune disease. So, when I see such people, based on their belief, I will use different strategies to dismantle that understanding or that convention.
(03:23) Just for example, vitiligo is the main case right now I'm handling. One lady came, 60-year-old lady. She was having this chronic problem and patches everywhere. She has been suffering from that disease for more than 10 years. Where medicine failed, somehow she came to know about intimacy and came. >> Intimacy is the >> center.
(03:47) >> Center of the congress. >> Yes, intimacy healing village in Trivandrum. Then, when I saw, she was completely against medicines. She said, "I tried everything. I tried allopathy, homeopathy, Ayurveda, everything. So, Guruji, nothing is going to work." I said then, "Yes, nothing is working means what we will do?" Then she started crying. I need something.
(04:09) So, my doctor said, "There is no way because that seriousness, that intensity of the disease is beyond medicine." So, slowly I analyzed her energy level. I knew it is very much possible to heal her, but I have to find out why she has got this problem. So, slowly I asked her, you know, like life experiences.
(04:36) Then immediately came to know, she lost her son when he was 26. And a very bright boy, got married, and got a child. When the child was having 6 months, this guy immediately he got a fever, a diagnosed cancer. Within 1 year that boy got. So, this lady who was very devoted to some gods, and she felt, "If this god is there, why I I am losing my child?" So, she started hating that god.
(05:08) Right from the childhood, you know, by family instruction she was reciting the mantra, chanting, I mean, doing poojas to the god. Then all of a sudden she lost her son and leaving the grandson there. So, she started hating everybody, objecting everything. That was the reason for her state, auto-immune state.
(05:30) Actually, the root cause of auto-immune state is either they will hate somebody or something, or they will be very angry with somebody. Anger and hatred. When these things happens, there will be a miscommunication between the cells. So, when our cells started hating each other or contradicting each other, the immunity will be completely down.
(05:54) This is what is called autoimmune stage. So, when I came to know this is the cause. So, based on her understanding, I applied a technique. I said, "Okay, you think that your God cheated you, betrayed you." She said, "Yes." Then I asked her, "What is God? Who is so" Slowly I brought her attention back to the dialogue.
(06:17) Then I gave her a story. Slowly she said, "Okay, Mahabharata. I like it." Then I asked her, "What is the history, the background of Bhishma Pitama?" Then she said, "Bhishma Pitama was the powerful this one." And of course, fine, she knew everything. But what was the cause of birth for Bhishma Pitama? He was a God, Ashta Vasus.
(06:40) And Ashta Vasus were cursed by the sage Vasishta, then fell on earth for as a result of that curse. But seven of them immediately relieved from the curse. And one was really forced to be on earth as a serious punishment. That was Bhishma. So, now the question is, the people who were immediately drowned after immediately after the birth, Gangama drowned. But drowned them.
(07:08) And this guy was saved by Chandra Maharaja. I think doctor is aware of that story. Should I tell the story? >> I think it would be good to tell that story. >> Okay. Thing is like gods who were ruling Ashta Kona, means there are eight dimensions, eight corners controlled by eight gods.
(07:29) They're called Ashta Deva or Ashta Vasu. So, after the duty, they were chit-chatting and they they came to know there was a divine cow, Nandini, belonged to to sage Vasishta. So, gods were saying that, "Hey, sage who has renounced everything, Why there is a divine cow under his possession. We are gods. We have to have all enjoyments.
(07:53) So better we will take the cow by force. So one guy Prabhasa the leader said we will go and take it. So others said should we? Then he said no problem we will go. So they went and [music] stole the cow. The divine cow who could give everything. Who is the daughter of Kamadhenu. Kamadhenu is the property of Lord Indra who was the provider of everything.
(08:16) Whatever you ask that cow it will be provided. Anyhow they stole the cow. Then the guru came back. He saw cow was not there. Immediately he came to know Ashtavasus stole it. So he said you are gods but you don't have the quality of gods. Stealing and fighting and the [music] small small things is the quality or the behavior character of human beings.
(08:40) So better do one thing. I am cursing you. Fall from heaven to the earth and be there for 120 years. Learn the qualities of gods and come back to heaven. So that was the curse. When they were cursed they came to know like a children who once they are beaten up only they will get they will come back to their senses.
(09:00) They fell on the feet of the guru said please relieve us from this one of the because of our age you are very mature person. We are young guys. So forgive us. He said okay I cannot take the curse back but I can compromise. Seven of you can come back immediately. Go to the earth. Immediately you can come back.
(09:19) No need to be there 120 years. But this guy you know leader no concession. You have to be there for 120 years. Be there full span of human life then you [music] come back. So you go to Ganga the god of rivers. Ask her help. So eight of them approached the [music] goddess of Ganga, then asked for help. So, she said, "Okay, I will be born as a human being on Earth, and you can be born as my children, and the moment you are born, I will kill you, then you can by that action you will come back to heaven.
(09:56) " So, that was the story behind the Bhishma Pitama happened in the heaven. Then we see the Mahabharata story on Earth. The king Shantanu was strolling on the bank of banks of river Ganga, then immediately she he saw a maiden came out from the river, stunning beauty, so he was fascinated with her, and asked for getting married.
(10:21) Then she set two demands, "You should not ask about my origin, who am I, from where I am coming. Second, never object my actions. If you object me, immediately I will leave you." He said, "Mesmerized by the beauty." He said, "No problem be in my life." So, they got married. So, first boy was born, so the king ran to the birth chamber to see the son.
(10:46) There he saw a queen was taking the [music] child, going to the river Ganga, and drowned. So, he was furious, but he didn't he couldn't say anything no, because if he objects, she will leave him. So, repeated seven children were drowned. Then eighth child was born, then Maharaja saw he she was taking him. Immediately king said, "No, you are not a woman, not even you are not a mother, not even a woman.
(11:15) How a lady can be as cruel as this?" Then fine, Gangamma or the queen gave the child back, said, "You broke your word, so I'm leaving. But before I go, now I'm telling you the truth." So, she told that the story happened in the heaven. "This is the guy, the leader, who was there to steal. Anyhow, this guy should be here for the full span of human life, but I will train him.
(11:39) He will be the best among the human beings. >> Mhm. >> That is Bhishma Pitama. >> Mhm. >> On earth, he is the most powerful, luckiest person, but in the heaven, he is the most cursed. >> Mhm. >> Then I asked this mother, "Now you tell me, considering Veda Vyasa, the child the children who died immediately after death, lucky or the child survived on earth? Who is lucky?" Then she said, "Yeah, comparing from the story, the died child children really lucky.
(12:10) " He said, "Now think about your son. >> Mhm. >> He actually he's liberated from earthly life. Now he's advancing to a different dimension." >> Mhm. >> Then she asked me, pouring tears, "Guruji, all these things are true or not?" There I used to my power. I said, "See, I am traveling different dimensions because I I know how to take my soul out.
(12:33) Out of body experience is possible, very much possible who are practicing the right technique. >> Mhm. >> And of course she had a real faith on me. I said, "It is there, different dimensions, [music] energy will be changing and it will remain in other plane." >> Mhm. >> Then she said, "Where is my son?" >> Mhm. >> Then I used a strategy. She stuck.
(12:54) She said, "Why?" Because mother, you are crying every day, every moment you are crying and you are pulling him down. >> Mhm. >> This is what is called Trishanku Swargam, the heaven of Trishanku. >> Neither there nor here. >> Yes. Left over from the earth, but not reached to the higher plane. It's [music] stuck in the middle.
(13:13) She said, "Why my child is there?" Because of you, you are dragging him there. She said, "Now what I should do, Guruji?" He said, "Okay, leave him. >> Mhm. >> Then he will be going to the different dimensions and once you leave the body, definitely he will be preparing a an abode for you. >> Mhm. That is the putra dharma.
(13:32) Again, it is written in many places. Putra dharma means the duty of the son. So, let him do his job. Mother, please stop crying. She said, "Now, I will stop. I know I'm not crying. What I should do for supporting my child in his [music] journey?" He said, "Meditate." How? The night he taught techniques, breathing techniques.
(13:55) From that day onwards, her patches started getting, you know, more. It was very It was like a white patches started getting, you know, red color. Then spots came. Within 6 months, complete. Almost 95%. Now, one spot is somewhere there, but it otherwise completely gone. This is what where mind changes, medicine will work. I laid the foundation, and the the rest is done by the doctors.
(14:22) >> Sure. Now, we see a polarized world. On one hand, you have a lot of people coming and saying, "You see, it's all in your mind, and you just need to pray, and you need to change your belief, and it will start showing on your body." On the other hand, there is a group of people who say, "Unless you do a double-blind study, clinical study, and you're able to prove it, and is what is the evidence behind that? Is it published in a reputed journal? Only then I can really call this as a advanced medicine or a real healing."
(14:51) And you see these two people not looking at each other. Like, it's like two polarized told, "How could I even question my belief, and how dare you question my scientific articles?" >> Yes. >> And of course, the person who is really matured, you really understand that you need to take the best of both.
(15:07) At least this is my experience. But I want to hear from you, where should a patient have the awareness? This is where I need to take a real opinion and a prescription and a support from a doctor. And this is where I need to go beyond my logical understanding. There is something beyond what my logic says. So, how can a patient that have that viveka buddhi, like what to choose what? >> That person should feel comfortable with with the with the doctor whom he is approaching.
(15:36) See, we have an instinctive impulse. Usually people say gut feeling. See, the problem is everybody modern education is training everybody to learn from outside. They are not advised to look inside. In Malayalam, it's called thiricharivu or avabodham. The person who is looking outside to know who he is, he will get an information only, but he will [music] not get an instinctive impulse.
(16:02) >> Like we have the word tuition and intuition. >> Intuition. Tuition from outside, intuition from within. So, how we can do something or building is shaking and you never bother about the strength of the foundation. You're always doing the patchwork on the walls. And how that [music] structure will gain strength? The foundation is the mind and structure is the matter.
(16:26) So, this [music] person should be honest with himself, sincere with himself and approach somebody and find out which is making him happy and confident. That is his own job. If he is not doing it, that is his destiny. [music] People think God will help me. No God is there. I can declare you that no God is there to help somebody who is not ready to help himself or herself. Mhm. Yes.
(16:52) So, they should be able to >> But when you say, you know, the patient should feel comfortable, but sometimes the patient comes with a lot of anxiety and doubts and they have this anxiety is so loved that they are not able to trust. So, it also depends a lot on how the doctor is able to calm them down and also do convince them.
(17:12) So, sometimes you need a hybrid method. You need to take the best of this side and that side. So, what would you recommend a patient when you say get comfortable with that doctor? Sometimes the doctor also needs to keep them in their place. Sometimes I have to really tell the patient, "Please, you're going really out of your place and you're Sometimes some patients come as half doctors.
(17:32) They're like they know this and then there's no place for us to really give them the healing protocols. So, how do we handle these cases?" >> What I do is, first I ask them to be there for a while. Like a 2 3 days, I will not attend them. Mhm. I just ask them for to be here. At least that much power of acceptance should be there as a foundation.
(17:54) If somebody is there to be there obeying our instructions, eat what we give and do what we suggest. Actually, annath bhavanthi bhuthani. The moment we change the pattern of food which he is having, there will be a sudden change in his attitude and awareness. Second, there is a compulsory, you know, engagement.
(18:16) Either they should go to the yoga class or they should go to the kalari as an activity. When any one of these being applied, there will be an you know, trigger in the instinct. So, the food changed. I means fundamental annam changed. Then any one of these activities, either yoga or kalari is done, the energy body is changed. Both will trigger his instinct.
(18:38) Then he is prepared to listen me what is next. Once I recognize that, you know, preparation >> Person is ready. >> Person is ready. Then based on his mental awareness, I will use different tactics. Like a vitiligo, this one lady, she was so into the attachment of her son. Another lady came, 26 year old, same vitiligo.
(19:05) But she was having that, you know, anger with the the boyfriend who left him left her. Because of that anger, she got the vitiligo. So, there I gave her a technique how to forgive people. When you forgive, how you how you will get the benefit. That was a strategy I applied to her. It worked. So, different strategies can be used to bring that person's attention back [music] to the core issue.
(19:31) Once mind is focused there, their month That is what's called mantra. The moment your mind is being focused somewhere, the fundamental structure of the cell will change. Like that is quantum physics. Like you know, have you heard about that double slit experiment? When the electrons are sent through certain slit and it was catching a forming a pattern.
(19:53) And once camera kept over there to observe, the pattern changed. Same way, manon atrayate. If I have a tumor here, yes, I know there is a tumor. And I focus my mind over there. When the power of focusing increased and reaching beyond certain limit or adequately it is applied, the structure of the tumor should change. That means if that structure of the tumor is changing means tumor is gone.
(20:19) This is what is happening. Mind over muscle. So, this is the technique I apply over there. But it is not a very serious issue. I will not explain all these things to him like this. I will say, come and do some pranayama. So, when the breath is controlled, the energy level will change. When energy level changes, it will reflect in the material level.
(20:42) A simple sign of change will develop the confidence within that person. That is more than enough. So, within 1 to 4 weeks, I will make that person to understand [music] a significant change. It's not to be very visible, but that is enough for developing the confidence. So, treatment along with a training [music] is given.
(21:04) So, treatment is done by the technicians and the doctors, then training will be given by yoga teachers, kalari [music] masters, or from my side. Then when they leave the place, leave the healing village, they are prepared to go for their dinacharya. Every day, this is what you have to eat. This is what you have to do.
(21:21) This is what you have to This is the way you have to breathe. This is called pancha bala siddhant. It's the most ignored part in our traditional treatment, you know, protocol. I have not heard if the ayurveda doctors or siddha doctors are following this. These are the five energies. Bala means energy.
(21:46) Annabalam means how to use food as medicine. Asana balam. Which asana should be used as medicine? Many people think asana means, you know, doing some different postures. No. They're all powerful medicines. All medicines are poisons, whether it is in a milder way or a very strong way. Only thing is, you know, making the difference between medicine and poison is the dose. So, asana the aushadha.
(22:10) If you do a wrong asana, that will give you a wrong result. So, you must know how to select. So, the second is asana balam, the power of exercise. Third is prana balam. How to breathe. How strong your breath is. And how you apply intermittent hypoxia as a medicine. >> [music] >> And how to strengthen your pranamaya kosha. Then fourth is mano balam.
(22:35) How to focus your mind. So, these are called chatur balam. This is the foundation of health. Annabalam, asanabalam, pranabalam, manobalam. When we maintain It should be done by the patient, not by the doctor. So, when this person does it, fifth is aushadha balam. See, like when we do this four, this you know, taking care of this four, the agni, our jatharagni will be completely, you know, is better.
(23:02) It will gain strength. So, a furnace which is having a very low flame and you pour little more [music] you know ghee on that, it will be put off. But, you measure the quantity measure the power of the Agni and it is about to die, somehow you enhance it by applying air or some other methods, gain little strength, measure it, then give ghee based on its power.
(23:27) That ghee will be consumed by the fire and slowly it will flare up. Medicine is like that ghee. So, when we do this Chatur Balam, [music] then based on that, we have to apply medicine. Medicine is the fifth application. Unfortunately, now people are falling into the medicine as the first application. That is the problem.
(23:48) So, when we go through this five balas, [music] Pancha Balam, properly or adopt it proper way, no disease is beyond control because you are what you know. >> But, these are for just to retreat These are for non-emergency conditions. >> Again, non-emergency in the sense? If somebody is in the in in a coma state or after an accident.
(24:09) Actually, if this person is unconscious, what is being applied immediately? Medicine or oxygen? >> Definitely oxygen, yes. >> Yes. So, their Prana Prana Vayu is applied first, then maintain that. Then medicine is applied. Then slowly he will be given oxygen and other kind of care or whatever it is, then doctors will say, "Now ah now no problem, nothing to worry.
(24:33) Body started reacting to medicine." Actually, medicine is only a catalyst. It cannot become the real player. Agni, our Jatar Agni is the real player or our immunity is the real player. So, that should be enhanced, then the medicine will work. What you say it is correct. It depends on the condition. So, there is the strategy of the doctor.
(24:55) So, here what I'm saying is people are coming [music] auto with autoimmune diseases. We have enough time. So, there why they are suffering from that disease? Because they depend only on the medicine, medicine alone. That is why they are trying to construct a house without a foundation. Here I teach them, train them how to strengthen the foundation, then apply medicine as a construction.
(25:18) >> Understood. Now, in your previous conversation, you were just talking about sometimes, you know, patients come with a lot of hatred and fear, and that could be a contributing cause for autoimmune conditions. And you also told about a patient who was dealing with a certain skin condition, and you were like she had a breakup and her boyfriend left, and you were giving her tips for forgiveness.
(25:42) So, in a way forgiveness is an antidote for hate and anger, also. You can also >> Yes. Yes. >> So, and there are also many positive psychology teachers who talk about forgiveness as the highest form of healing. They say that. Of course. When you're able to let go, when you're able to say it doesn't bother me, that is your highest power.
(26:00) We see people struggle to forgive. And like even if you look at the Sanskrit word for immunity, it's Vyaadhi Kshamatva. It's like Kshamikya. Like my power to forgive, even a little bit of injury is very powerful. But sometimes people have a lot of struggle to forgive. Now, what are the best techniques? Because deep down, whenever you see a chronic condition where certain emotional patterns could be a contributing factor for a physical manifestation of a disease.
(26:26) You can actually go back to somewhere forgiveness method has to be done. What are your techniques that you advocate for improving your forgiveness skill set? >> Actually, again, it is a strategy. First, I tell them, "Okay, if you forgive, you will gain a real strength." I know they all of a sudden they cannot.
(26:46) But I can help you if you listen me. >> [music] >> And they'll say, "Guruji, you tell me, I will do do you want." So, then follow this breathing pattern. I know when they follow my breathing pattern, it will trigger some a hormone, I mean, some glands and you know, happy hormones will be produced. That is what's my technique.
(27:06) When they become internally happy, they will not find time to waste their energy and spoil that happiness for hating somebody. So, naturally they are not forgiving. They are forgetting about that incident. This is what is happening. So, I train people to produce different hormones to make them internally happy.
(27:27) When they become internally happy, naturally they will not put themselves into other things which are bringing, you know, like a misery for them. It's only a transformation, but we should apply the same, I mean, the [music] proper technique. That is what is happening. It's very simple. Everything is the play of hormones.
(27:44) So, somebody is struggling from cortisol, I train somebody to produce endorphin. That's all. So, what is that These are different breathing techniques that [music] you train them. Very simple. Hold the breath. There are three breathing techniques. [music] One is dirga shwasam, deep breath. Deep breaths.
(28:02) Many people say, "Guruji, is it bhastrika?" They will bring a story. "I've been doing this bhastrika for these many years." "I've been doing this kapalabhati this many years." I said, "Come on. If these things were helping you, why you are struggling me? >> [music] >> No." Then they don't know. So, that means it's not working. This is a pranayama also medicine.
(28:21) Suppose one medicine is not working for you. Be logic. How you What do you have to do? Give up and try another one. Then these practices you were just following were not working. So, let me try another one. So, it's called dirga shwasam. Simple deep breathing. That's all. Second one is antara kumbhaka, internal retention.
(28:39) Third is [music] bahya kumbhaka, external retention. Fill the lungs and hold it for beyond certain limit or empty the the and hold it for beyond certain limit. So, some it depends on the capacity of the people. Some people will be able to hold [music] 1 minute at a stretch. Some people will start from 5 seconds. It will be an exercise for them, but gradually, whatever may be their efficiency, day by day it will improve.
(29:05) It can make miracles like allergy. Many people are coming to me with different cases of allergy. They don't know why they are getting this. One person came. 25 years this person was having running nose. He used to travel or move with a thick towel. You know, handkerchief is not enough for him because it keep on and drip it.
(29:28) And he said to Guruji, "What I should do?" Then he sneezed. And he he said, "I tried everything. Nothing is working." >> Mhm. >> So, he said, "Okay, let me try." So, he said, "Hey, what Guruji is going to do? Come with me." I made him sit. Within 10 minutes, this Andagombam I trained, within 10 minutes the dripping stopped. He said, "Guruji, are you a magician? Did you Have you done any magic or something?" He thought I was doing some mantra or something.
(29:52) I said, "Come on, nothing. It's only a temporary change, but within 10 15 minutes this, you know, >> dripping >> it will dripping will come back, but see, by holding the breath you can stop it. Now you go and practice. After 6 months, 180 days, you must do it. Then you come back to me." >> Why 180? >> According to science also, >> Mhm.
(30:12) >> 180 days means 99% of our cells will be replaced. That's why it's called sharira. >> Mhm. >> shiriyate >> anena >> anena iti sharira. It keeps on mutating. [music] People think sharira means only our body. No, it's matter. Whatever is energy has no form. Whatever is gaining a form and then we will give a name, nama rupam or rupam nama.
(30:37) Whatever is having a molecular form is called shariram. And that is a myth. It is not existing. It keeps keeps on mutating. So, according to our physiological things, body will all cells will be replaced within 180 days. All in [music] the sense, 99%. Then, after 90 means 180 days, how a disease can survive in our system? This many new cells came, still we are having that problem.
(31:07) Means, it is being again infused from the mind. Because in manomaya kosha, the memory of the disease is there. From the manomaya kosha, through the prana, pranamaya kosha, this annamaya kosha is formed. Body is the manifested form of the mind form of the mind. So, we should change the memory in the mind. That is what retention.
(31:28) Retention is only kumbhaka means when you hold the breath, the system get irritated. He'll create a confusion. Whatever may be the confusion, body will be vigilant. The autonomic nervous system will be triggered because it is meant for flight or fight, emergency situation. So, immediately heat will be produced, which is called tapa. 37.
(31:49) 3° C, all cells are comfortably working. You stop that. That rhythm you broke, talavedyana. You make a disturbance. Then, the autonomic nervous system will be activated. Hidden glands will be triggered. The guys who are comfortably sleeping, "Hey, it's like a war war-like situation. Get up. Get up." Everybody is vigilant.
(32:09) So, you hold the breath means you are about to die. This is what body, you know, come to know. So, it will produce heat. The moment you increase the tapa, that process of increasing the tapa by holding the breath is called tapas. >> That's where pitta also comes. >> Yes, of course, everything will be changed.
(32:26) So, everything all our hidden system will be activated because it's a war-like situation. That time, our you know, like this guy the guy who's having this you know, running nose. And these guys cannot drip more water because that is you know, taken out. Suppose I have a knee pain and I'm complaining, "Doctor, I have the [clears throat] knee pain.
(32:47) " Immediately I saw a cobra is approaching me. What I will do? >> Yeah. >> Will I still think of my knee pain or I will just run away from here? >> Well, there is actually a story. One of the lazy ways to solve a problem is you create a bigger problem. >> Yes. Actually, this is what is happening. [music] So, when we create or when we keep challenging our system, that system will be uh getting more strength.
(33:11) >> Mhm. >> So, within this 180 days, mind will absorb the heat, the power of concentration. >> Mhm. >> It's taba. If you take a handful of seeds and put in somewhere on earth, it can be in hibernation for many, many years. When proper environmental support comes, it will sprout up. But, if you put that seeds in a frying pan and roast it and leave it somewhere, never it can come up. It can cannot sprout up.
(33:43) Why? That tendency >> Mhm. >> of or the memory of sprouting is completely dried off. Same way, when we hold the breath around 6 months, because of the heat produced in the system, >> Mhm. >> many of this unwanted memories will be eliminated from our mind. This is what's happening. So, within Anybody who is doing pranayama, proper pranayama, around 6 months, you can see a significant >> change [music] >> change on the body and the mind.
(34:15) >> So, there is a method called bandhas. >> Bandha, yes. >> So, are they the similar like this holding of the breath? >> Of course. >> And is that what you're trying to explain here? >> Yeah. When you hold the breath proper way, first there will be a congestion in your throat. It's not artificially creating. It is naturally happening.
(34:35) Even otherwise, you can try. You just hold somebody's nose and mouth for more than 1 1 and 1/2 minutes. You will feel you can see that person is There will be a congestion here and a congestion in the lower belly area. And his anus also being pulled. This is what is called bandha. So, when you stop the easy natural flow of air, it's called the prana vayu.
(35:03) Prana and vayu are there. Prana will be spreading all over the body, but vayu will be going to the lungs and being processed. When you stop that flow, prana will be stuck. Air also stuck, but prana once it is stuck, it will affect 108 energy points. Among these 108 energy points means marmas, three are very important. First is throat. Second is anus.
(35:27) >> [music] >> Because these are the two, you know, outlets. Once we are putting food through the mouth, it is being taken out through the anus. So, if you consider as a tube, this is the one end, that is the other end. So, when you stop this, the other end there also will be dragged in. So, this is what is called jalandhara bandha na and mula bandha.
(35:50) It's not done natural, I mean, artificially. It is happening through dirga >> [music] >> bandha. Many people are doing a mistake. They sit and practice throat lock. Then they pull the anus [music] in. And both will give them in long run different types of diseases. It is >> What is the right way? >> Right way is just do dirga kumbhaka.
(36:12) Let body create these things by its own. It is written in Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, then Bhairava Tantra. Books are there which are explaining about different bandhas. >> [music] >> Not to be done directly. It is for only verification. When you do it naturally, it will happen.
(36:31) When it is happening, then you can see, "Oh, now I am in this stage." See, everywhere you can see Guru means [music] these things should be done under the guidance of an experienced person. So, when this throat lock is happening, naturally anal lock also will be happening. That is what is called a Jalandhara Bandha and Mula Bandha.
(36:51) When these Bandhas are there, then the navel block will be happening. Mhm. This is what is called Maha Bandha. >> Mhm. >> Once these three Bandhas happen together, your Kundalini will be awakened. Then there will be a track. You can experience it from the anus to the crown chakra, you can see a spiral movement of your prana. >> Mhm. >> That is the the symbol.
(37:11) That is the message by the symbol of Ganesha. >> Mhm. >> He has got one elephant head. People are having many different stories. Ganaanam Pati Ganapati. >> Mhm. >> When you do these three locks, you will get Maha Bandha. >> [music] >> Mhm. >> Once prana is locked in that way, Maha you will become Maha Ganapati. Your five energies, five elements, Pancha Bhutas will be blocked. Pati means control.
(37:34) So, you will start controlling the five the functions of five elements in your system. >> Mhm. >> There you will see a link between your head and your tail. Sushumna. That time your spinal cord is activated, which is called a Madhya Margam set by Gautama Buddha. Narayana Guru very clearly taught his students Idagala, Valagala, Samagala.
(37:59) >> Mhm. [music] >> That means you are not supposed to fall into solar side or lunar side. You have to get into the >> middle path. >> middle path. So, all realized the masters explained this. >> Mhm. >> So, these are the Bandhas should not be done in a straight way. You should make your body to happen naturally.
(38:17) Then only you will get the real experience. There you are not worshipping Lord Ganapati. You are becoming the Ganapathi. That is a revelation, not news or an information coming from outside. You are what you know. The moment you come to know what Mahabandhan is, you are the Maha Ganapathi. >> Mhm.
(38:36) So, this is the whole concept behind this intermittent hypoxia. >> Yes. >> So, by if I have to rephrase what you're saying is by creating an artificial pause in your inhalation. >> Yes. >> Prana. >> Yes. >> You suddenly give a shock to the body and this activates all your internal system thinking that okay, something is alarming.
(38:55) So, it's like shaking your whole system and that disturbs your pattern. And in that disturbance, something new or maybe you come back to your baseline. >> Of course. >> it right? >> Yes, this is what medicine also doing. Medicine What medicine is doing? It disturbs the system. See, we take a Kanakasava. It's taken from the Umam. >> Mhm.
(39:15) >> It's a poison. Why you take Kanakasava? Because the mucus everywhere it is, I know, stuck. It is disturbing your system. Then you give a poison. Once the poison is given is internally intelligence is there, "Hey, why this guy?" It is considered as a stranger inverted or it is, I know, like intrusion.
(39:35) Then system will be prepared [music] to kick that poison out. To kick that poison out, that system is vigilant. Along with that, accumulated things also being taken out. This is what is happening. So, instead of medicine, here we are using mind through the medium of prana. That is why master is very strategically said, "Yatha mana tatha prana or yatha prana tatha mana.
(39:56) " You don't know how to control your mind because mind is not a manifested form. But the manifested form of mind is prana. When your mind is disturbed, you will come to know you will have an irregular breath. So, anybody who's mentally disturbed, the psychologist will say, "Okay, come on, come on, relax. Take a deep breath." When you have a controlled breath, slowly you will come to know mind is getting controlled.
(40:19) That means through the medium of prana, you can catch the mind. This is what is being applied over here. Here you stop the breath, then mind you will say, "Hey, why am I not getting energy?" This is where mind will become empty. Many people come and complain, "Guruji, I sit for meditation and my mind is That time only my mind is bringing millions of thoughts." I said, "Okay, don't worry.
(40:43) Come and sit with me." I teach them this technique. Deep breath, you know, just holding the breath. So, sometime they will reach to 50, 60, 70 like that. Then say, "Oh, beyond that I cannot." So, [music] when you reach to our maximum, then I will ask a question, "How many thoughts were there in your mind?" Then they say, "Nothing was there.
(41:02) " Because mind cannot run here and there because the power supply is, you know, disconnected. That's all. This is what >> I was listening to a a very funny video on YouTube. >> Uh-huh. >> So, it talks about the most common response from a technical support of any hardware. If let's say computer or a any hardware or electric stuff.
(41:24) So, something is not working. The moment you call their customer support, the first thing they ask you is, "Have you tried turning it off and turning it on?" >> Yes. >> So, it's very simple. >> Simple. See, whatever we invented or discovered from the mind only, you know. So, >> How do you incorporate this in your center, you Indumathi? >> Actually, I am not incorporating.
(41:44) This is the fundamental method of treatment. Anybody who comes over there, I am not bothered of analyzing the symptoms. [music] That is the duty of the doctors. I see only the energy flow and I make them understand how to breathe. The rest, food doctors will, you know, suggest. Then asanas, my yoga teachers will teach. Pranayama, I teach.
(42:07) Meditation also I take care. So, when we integrate these four, the chatur balas, then things will be easy. I'm not actually incorporating. This is the process over there. So, symptoms are due to the malfunction of our prana. When we bring back the harmony of prana, symptoms will vanish. That is why I say everybody, nothing is impossible and no disease is beyond control once your mind is under your control.
(42:34) How you can control your mind? Just control your prana. Yatha prana, tatha mana. >> Thank you so much, Guruji. It was such a wonderful conversation and as you saw, I was taking a lot of notes here. And I'll also put the details about how people can reach out to you and to your center in Dimassi.
(42:53) Would you mind sharing few details about your healing center? >> Yeah, again, it was a It was an instruction given to me by my masters. Because [music] in 2002, I was in Middle East, especially and I was working most of the time I was in Oman. From there, I was planning to go to Netherlands to to migrate over there.
(43:13) But that time, I got an instruction. Actually, it was through a dream, "Come back to India and set up something where people can come and stay there in tune with the law of nature." That's how it happened. So, instead of going to Europe, I came back to Kerala and started doing all these things. There, this pancha bala siddhanta, I was really trying to reintroduce this one, which was the foundation of our ancient medical system.
(43:41) Then, there I train people how to eat properly, how to do exercise properly, how to breathe properly, and how to meditate, and how to use proper medicines. So, there is no serious treatments or nothing is serious over there. We have a village life. We have a you know, like dairy farm from which we are getting this milk and milk products for the treatments also.
(44:05) So, our cows are naturally fed, which is away from artificial food, and we are getting their product. And that cow dung and urine we will use for our agriculture purpose. So, we grow our vegetables and fruits over there. 90% we are getting from there. And allow our people I mean, patients coming over there, I will make everybody engaged with some kind of an activities in nature.
(44:29) So, it will be a village natural a village life through which they will be connected to mother the law of nature. Or we will feel that we are with the Parashakti, our supreme mother. That itself is the real medicine for almost all diseases. This is the nature, but again, it is an NABH hospital going through all, you know, instructions by the state government and the central government.
(44:54) Full-fledged hospital, but in a village ambience. >> Thank you so much, Guruji. It was really a pleasure and a lot of information and a lot of wisdom. >> Thank you and Namaste. >> Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment