Monday, October 5, 2026

Better Sleep, Better Fitness: How Yoga Can Transform Your Body | Harika Reddy | EP03

Better Sleep, Better Fitness: How Yoga Can Transform Your Body | Harika Reddy | EP03

Author Name:Kushagra Srivastava

Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@Kushagrasrivastavaaa

Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW4XohztmYc





Title: Better Sleep, Better Fitness: How Yoga Can Transform Your Body | Harika Reddy | EP03

Author Name: Kushagra Srivastava

Description: Disclaimer: This video is intended solely for educational purposes and opinions shared by the guest are his personal views. We do not seek to defame or harm any person/brand/product mentioned in the video. Our goal is to provide information to help audience make informed choices.

---------


Follow Our Instagram Channel:   / kushagrasrivastavaaa  

--------------

🎧 Stream Figuring Out episodes on Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/user/31bd3yu...

📺 Watch Figuring Out episodes on YouTube:
  

Khul Ke Wid Kush
   / @  

----------

In today’s episode of Khul Ke wid Kush, Kushagra Srivastava sits down with Harika Reddy, Yoga Therapist and Trainer, for an insightful conversation about how yoga can support our physical and mental well-being. From weight management and better sleep to stress, posture, and everyday body pain, this episode explores how simple yoga practices can become a part of a healthier lifestyle.

We begin by understanding what yoga therapy is, how it differs from regular yoga, and how it can be incorporated into our daily routine. Harika shares insights into using yoga as part of a holistic approach to fitness and weight management, along with practices that may help improve mobility, flexibility, posture, and overall body awareness.

The conversation also dives into sleep and stress, including how our daily habits can affect sleep quality and how yoga, breathing techniques, and relaxation practices can support better rest. We also discuss the often-overlooked connection between stress, lifestyle, and sexual well-being, and the importance of taking care of both physical and mental health.

We then explore common concerns such as hair thinning, PCOD-related challenges, and fertility, discussing how lifestyle, stress management, movement, and yoga may fit into a broader wellness routine. Harika also shares her perspective on back and neck pain, poor posture, and body pain, along with ways to become more mindful of how we sit, move, and use our bodies every day.

From weight loss and sleep correction to stress management, posture, pain, PCOD, fertility, and overall wellness, this episode offers practical insights into how yoga therapy can complement a healthy lifestyle.

If you enjoy informative conversations that help you understand your body, improve your daily habits, and explore healthier ways of living, subscribe to our channel and keep watching Khul Ke wid Kush!


For such informative podcasts, subscribe to our channel now!


-----------
About Kushagra Srivastava
Kushagra Srivastava is an entrepreneur, fitness enthusiast, content creator, and the host of Khul Ke Wid Kushagra. Through honest and unfiltered conversations, he sits down with entrepreneurs, athletes, creators, fitness experts, doctors, celebrities, and people with inspiring stories to understand what really happens behind their success.

From business and fitness to mindset, relationships, struggles, failures, and personal growth, Kushagra explores the experiences that shape people and the lessons that can help others become better versions of themselves.

His conversations are about more than just success — they’re about the stories, struggles, decisions, and people behind it.

To Know More,
Follow Kushagra Srivastava On ⤵︎

Instagram @FitwidKushagra
 

   / fitwidkushagra  


Facebook @FitwidKushagra
 

https://www.facebook.com/share/1Bv7yz...


LinkedIn - Kushagra Srivastava

  / kushagrasrivastava07  

• • •

#podcast #khulkewidkush #kushagrasrivastava #yoga #health

About Khul Ke Wid Kush
Khul Ke Wid Kush Podcast is a Candid Conversations where Kushagra Srivastava brings raw conversations.

Transcript:
(00:00) sit. Very simple. Just close your eyes. Close your ears with your index fingers. >> Just take a long deep breath in and while you're exhaling you, you can make a humming sound. Okay? Like >> a lot of people say yoga saya. What is your view on this? >> There is one thing called as nucasana. So if you're doing continuous of uh nasana [music] and not doing bridge pose, you will obviously strain your back.
(00:28) you have to do bridge pose because your core >> and your back [music] are you know work together. >> Third one I would say is salabasana. Lie down with your belly down lift your hands up and legs up. >> So do you think we should be completely dependent on yoga? >> A lot of them say yoga for cancer. It doesn't mean that yoga can cure cancer. >> Yoga can help you to manage the side effects or the symptoms that they have.
(00:49) So that way is it it is going to help but it's not a complete cure. Uh sleep is again another [music] issue. So do not compromise on sleep at all. Let the world >> despite having so many injuries today you are here standing [music] and even teaching so many people right you told me that day you taking 18 sessions a day.
(01:08) >> My health was always I used to fall sick because of low immunity and then I had a serious accident in 2019. I had a femur fracture uh that the femur bone was broken to like around four pieces. So I am Harika. I am um a yoga instructor >> and a wellness coach. I mostly work on women's wellness. >> Okay. >> Uh there are a lot of women dealing with hormonal imbalances, irregular [clears throat] periods, PCOD, PCOS and a lot of fertility issues.
(01:42) >> Okay. >> And I also help women to recover from uh postpartum. >> Okay. >> So this is uh what mainly I work for. >> Yeah. So just let me tell you about why I entered into this. >> Uh ever since I was a child my immunity was very low. Firstly I was born very weak. >> Okay. And then I had recurrent infections like every year I used to get typhoid, >> denu, malaria >> and the recovery also used to take a lot of time like you know 2 months 3 months >> and uh that used to disturb the life a lot because you know at least to go
(02:14) school to go to the school or college also >> you will need that attendance right >> so every year >> uh like for every progress report you used to have at least [clears throat] let's say 30 days of >> a report card >> uh among longer I think 15 days were off because I was not well. >> So that is when um uh you know I my health was always I used to fall sick because of low immunity.
(02:37) >> Okay. >> And then I had a serious accident in 2019. >> Uh where I had multiple injuries, multiple fractures I would say. >> I had a femur fracture uh that the femur bone was broke into like around four pieces. >> Okay. >> I also had a hip injury. >> My total knee ligament was torn. M >> I had um air crack in my hand and also in my spine.
(03:00) >> So it took quite a lot of time for me to recover. It took almost 1 and 1/2 year for me to walk back. >> It took 3 months for me to at least get up and walk a little >> and then one year to properly get back. >> But then again after that I had to use because of uh the antibiotics and steroids usage. >> Okay.
(03:20) >> So uh that motivated me. This is when the yoga was not very famous. that period of the time >> back then nobody knew yoga right so nobody understood the benefit of it until the covid time >> so uh 2015 I started teaching >> uh I taught at different institutes >> okay >> so I wanted to pursue MSE yoga then only but then my parents were not supportive back then because nobody uh yoga was not that famous so I did my MBA uh while I was teaching again but then >> where were you teaching teaching >> I taught at different institutes
(03:58) >> okay >> um you know they're very famous >> so I taught it I mean I had good enough experience back then >> so 2020 right when the lockdown started >> so two to three of my students asked me harika can you teach online yoga >> so then I started and from then like there was no looking back >> so though I had ups and downs >> uh definitely I definitely had ups and downs because because I had air fractures at so many places >> you know there is no chance to perform any surgeries it has to heal on its own >> correct
(04:32) >> so it was like coming on and off uh so then I had back pain for 2 years and then I had to deal with that >> uh but uh I think that that taught me so much so now if I'm able to deal with so many women and [clears throat] because that's because I can relate to them >> because I've gone through all of it >> I can relate to them and that's how the journey knees >> right >> so everything is good enough >> but but you know it's really uh I'm really happy to see that uh despite having so many injuries today you are
(05:03) here standing and even teaching so many people right yes >> you told me that day you're taking 18 sessions a day >> true >> that's really amazing >> uh tell me something like um I have seen lot of people because see nowadays yoga is something which everyone is following right and uh there are a lot of people who are like completely dependent on yoga Mhm.
(05:24) >> But at the same time something inside is happening right they are suffering through some of the other diseases. Let's say someone is having complete confidence on yoga and they are doing uh that every day but something is happening which they don't know and suddenly after test they come to know something is wrong.
(05:43) So do you think we should be completely dependent on yoga? >> Uh firstly if they are feeling good then that's a good sign. That's very good. >> Okay. But then I would never tell that yoga can give a complete cure to anything okay any disease. If it is uh I mean if let's say if there are few hormonal imbalances that are causing because of temporary >> uh causes then that's different right because of temporary lifestyle changes let's say you have shifted into night shifts >> uh you know rather than the morning shifts >> then that is different like because
(06:14) that's a temporary cause >> correct >> but then if uh someone's having let's say um a lot of them say yoga for cancer >> right it doesn't mean that yoga can cure cancer >> so uh if someone's dealing with cancer they go through a lot of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, right? >> So, uh when that happens they have a lot of side effects.
(06:36) >> Yoga can help you to manage the side effects or the symptoms that they have. >> So, that way is it it is going to help but it's not a complete cure. >> But then uh there are places where yoga can give you a complete cure. >> Okay. >> PCOD a lot of them get hormonal imbalances.
(06:56) PCOD regular periods because of minor disturbances in their lifestyle habits. >> Okay. >> So for that yoga can definitely give a complete cure. >> Mhm. >> So a lot of them have anxiety disorders right stress if it is to a different level then they would definitely need a medical uh advice but then if it is mild and if it is disturbing you regularly on daily basis then you can definitely manage it with yoga.
(07:22) So I would definitely say that yoga is not a complete I mean it will not give a complete cure to a lot of diseases but then it can help in so many ways. >> Let's say there are so many people who are working right and uh most of us are working around 9 to 8 to 9 hours a day because people have corporate job and apart from that they have some hectic schedule out of the office as well.
(07:44) >> Yes. So uh do you think that there are few assins that they can perform in everyday morning which can help them have a very relaxed uh morning 4 to 5 hours? >> Uh that's a very good move actually because um you need to take out those 15 minutes of time every day in the morning that's very important and that can change a lot >> uh because even my husband doesn't do right >> so uh even I am trying to incorporate some 15 minutes of u you know a day to him.
(08:14) M >> uh and he can see good results. Okay. >> So the first I I would say these five asas I would never say that these five asas can do everything but then you can definitely see a very good change. >> Okay. >> So the first one I think you know the cat and cuff >> okay because uh people sit a lot >> and their backs are strained.
(08:35) uh this cat and cuff can give good mobility good uh stretch to the back >> and that can [clears throat] avoid 80% of the stiff back problems. So the second one is a bjangasana again very good for back very good for chest >> and u just two to three minutes of relaxation just lying down >> okay just try to lie down and simply observe your breath >> that's it >> that can make because >> we are constantly in a hurry >> throughout the day we are constantly in a um you know fight and flight mode our nervous system >> so if you can just um try to maintain
(09:14) that 3 minutes or 4 minutes of relaxation [clears throat] >> uh that can slow down your nervous system a lot >> that can help you make better decisions in fact. >> Okay. So I would include this resting also as a part of asas. >> Um the fourth one I would say make good neck movements. Okay. Or neck strengthening.
(09:35) >> Uh trust me constantly people are even when I work okay automatically I go like this. >> Yeah. >> Okay. Okay. So that happens and that is straining your shoulders. Okay. That slowly starts developing into your back completely. >> So I'd say uh just give some moments very simple movements. Okay. Like rotations like just simple warm-ups are also enough.
(09:57) >> Okay. >> If someone's having spondilitic changes or anything then they would definitely need some strength included asas >> but then go with neck train uh neck strengthening back strengthening uh relaxation. Um when I say back strengthening again uh just go with um uh core strengthening also because your back and core work together.
(10:21) >> Okay. >> So core strengthening is again very important. >> So just focus on these. Go with any of the back strengthening, core strengthening, >> your neck strengthening, relaxation and five minutes of >> being aware of yourself. Okay. So just sit down, observe whether your back is straight or not.
(10:40) Observe how you're sitting. Observe how you're grounding yourself. Right? So that increases a lot of awareness in you and that can slow down your nervous system and that can slow down your stress or you know get your stress levels down. >> So this is something that I recommend. So you know in fact I have observed that even me first and I feel like I should go outside have some breathing and I feel fresh.
(11:17) So is this the these five things that you told are related to this? >> It is related but these five asas alone are not enough for that. >> Okay. >> Okay. Firstly, [clears throat] you have to understand why you're feeling tired in the morning or dizzy in the morning. >> So, if you have any blood pressure issues or you know thyroid issues or >> uh diabetic changes then that's different.
(11:39) >> But if you're completely good >> okay uh like no major health issues then you have to know what is wrong or what is going wrong. >> So firstly nobody is having enough hydration >> uh to sleep. I I am not sure because I see my relatives working do having a desk job. A lot of students having a my friends having a desk job >> you know sometimes they forget to eat drinking to okay they forget to eat >> and there are a lot of my friends who survive on a chips packet you know because they are into a lot of them are working here their families are
(12:15) somewhere else so they are like staying like bachelors here um so I've seen people not eating enough or not nourishing themselves with good food >> or not having enough water or hydrating themselves for years and years. >> See firstly um your health will not get spoiled overnight. [clears throat] It's not an overnight thing >> right >> it will happen.
(12:40) I mean it will give you signs and you have to observe it. >> Get waking up early in the morning is one I mean waking up early in the morning with being tired or being lazy >> or having dizziness is one such sign. Again I'd say have enough nutrition. Uh I would say have a balanced meal. Okay. No matter you're thinking see now that internet is all saying have enough protein to lose weight.
(13:05) >> Protein alone is not enough. Right? You need to have a balanced nutrition. >> Correct? >> Um so balanced nutrition is one. >> Uh having enough water, hydration is uh second. >> And no matter you're having a night shift or a morning shift, have good enough 8 hours of sleep. Don't think you know four I can survive on four hours I can survive on six hours.
(13:29) >> See your body repairs uh in the night when you sleep okay your body releases hormones your glands release hormones >> especially when you sleep properly >> so it repairs it rebuilds your muscle >> okay it uh repairs all the tissues in the body >> when you sleep right >> so when the sleep is messed up then you will obviously wake up being uh >> lazy or >> difficult. Yeah.
(13:54) Yeah. [clears throat] Okay. And try to stop having caffeine or caffeine >> uh after 4:00 or at least after 6:00 p.m. in the evening. >> And then try to have a fixed sleeping schedule. Like I said, every day try to go to bed at the same time. >> Okay? Doesn't matter even if you're having uh the night shifts also. Uh let's say if the person is coming back from
(14:22) work at um 6:00 a.m. in the morning, then have a fixed 8 hours of sleep. Okay? Sleep from 7:00 a.m. to uh 5:00 p.m. or so. Just because it's a weekend and you you're not working, that doesn't mean that you can sleep in the night and you know shift it. >> That doesn't work. >> Okay? >> Because your body will not understand. It will obviously confuse.
(14:40) >> So have a fixed 8 hours of sleep no matter what your schedule is. And let's say if someone's having a night shift because a lot of my students have that just make sure that the room is dark. >> Okay. Because especially for women certain hormones release only when it when your body can sense that there is darkness.
(14:58) >> Okay. >> Okay. Uh it can repair only when it can feel that darkness. Okay. So use a cloth, use anything but uh just sleep 8 hours. >> Okay. Uh, as I said, stop caffeine after 6 p.m. >> And then try not to have heavy meals closer to your bedtime. >> Okay. >> Okay. I'd recommend if someone's sleeping at 11:00 p.m.
(15:22) in the night, finish your dinner by 7:00 p.m. and then just walk. >> Okay. And then exercise. Do not exercise late in the evening because that can disturb or confuse your nervous system. try to exercise in the morning especially if someone's having insomnia or sleep issues >> I think um just work out in the morning >> and to everybody just try to involve some physical activity because you know when you go for a cycling when you dance or when you do some workout your body releases a lot of uh hormones it releases endorphins okay that can help
(15:56) for uh for you to you know by the end of the day you will feel tired and you will automatically sleep >> the quality of your sleep is also So better. Okay. So I [clears throat] think if you can follow these uh this can actually help you to not drop your energy in the morning, you will wake up fresh and also as soon as you get up >> uh just try to have hydrate yourself and just sit under sun for at least 10 to 20 minutes >> because that is giving your body's I mean that is giving a sign to your body that uh it is morning and I have to be
(16:31) active. >> Okay. So that um helps your uh glands to understand better. That will help your nervous system to understand better that okay it's morning. Now it's not the time to sleep or just crawl. >> Uh you know so these are the few things I think that can help. >> Uh also I have seen lot of people talking about circadian rhythm.
(16:51) >> Yes, >> it starts somewhere around 10 but but uh there are people who are working till 10 because it's their job right. So uh what do you suggest for people who have those particular hours of circadian rhythm coming in in between? So uh can they sleep after that or they need to make some changes in their schedule? >> Uh see if someone's winding their work at uh or working till 10 p.m.
(17:14) let's say >> it's not a bad thing to sleep by 12:00 p.m. and wake up by 8. It's absolutely fine because >> you cannot be a superman and deal with everything >> right >> uh or control everything. So, I'd say it's okay to sleep at 12:00 p.m. and sorry, 12:00 a.m. and wake up at 8:00 a.m. It's absolutely fine. And if someone's having a night shift, like I said, have a fixed schedule.
(17:36) Have a fixed have fixed meal timings. >> Uh that can bring you a lot of change. It's fine. Okay? But if you can, if you're someone like, you know, if you're winding up at 10 p.m. and sleeping at 2 a.m., that's a problem. >> Uh because you have chance, you have option, right? And also if someone's um [clears throat] having night shifts, I'd say just work on improving the quality of your sleep.
(18:03) There are so many ways to work. >> So one such way is yoga again. So if you can just work it that way, that's not a problem. I'd say it is a problem but you can manage it because you can't manage everything. Yeah. >> Yeah. Also Erica um I I have been into my initial phase of life I completely dedicated to core engineering now I came to corporate so in engineering I learned lot of about you know manufacturing pillars >> in fact safety pillars but are there any pillars >> engineering >> I was into manufacturing completely
(18:39) production engineering >> oh >> so there we had lot of uh you know 3s 5S all these Japanese terms right got it >> so we always had terms for these things. >> So I even heard someone telling there are pillars for health as well. >> Health. Okay. >> So is there anything related to >> this which you can share? >> To everybody it is different. Okay.
(19:01) >> Okay. To a doctor it is different maybe >> to a therapist it is different. Um so just like that I think with um my experience >> my experience of dealing with other women and my experience my personal experience also >> I feel there are four important things there are so many but then if if you ask me the top four >> I'd say first is nutrition >> okay because that is where I think >> see the nutrition the food that you eat should nourish your body >> it should not be something like a punishment or something like you know I
(19:38) don't like to eat this right >> so balanced meals good nutrition is very important second one I'd say good movement okay just because you have back pain doesn't mean you have to stop moving okay see trust me there was a time where um after the I told you I had a air crack in the spinal but then uh it did not bother me then >> but later on the back became very stiff because I was lying down and resting for so long. My back became very uh stiff.
(20:13) >> So I went to different doctors all the orthopedics I think in the city. So everyone used to go through the same process X-ray, MRA and then there was nothing. >> So uh they said you know apply some heat pack that's it. So then uh one day I was like 2 years I was not able to use the uh washroom commode also.
(20:36) I was not able to sit on that for quite some long. Uh so then I realized I have to find something. So initially definitely the hot pack or the you know abyanga massages helped me. >> Again here ayurvea helped me a lot. >> I've used multiple medicines but then nothing worked. Uh ayurvedic massages helped me a lot. >> Again this might not work to someone who has disc issues or some other severe uh changes.
(21:03) But then if it is just the stiffness, if like if someone looking at seeing this video think that uh uh you know uh or if their doctors have told them that you also have back stiffness then please follow this >> because uh having good massage >> uh good uh heat therapy >> and then the changes I mean I started um uh noticing a change after I started giving it some movement and trust me it is not some big huge movements.
(21:33) Okay, >> it is as basic as just some lateral bendings, some forward bendings. Okay, >> so again just observe your comfort. If you're comfortable only then do it and do not like uh go heavy in the first go itself. Just observe your progress and then go accordingly. >> But then uh that is when [clears throat] I understood that movement is very important.
(21:53) >> Okay. And u recently also uh I think when I was start after I started the strength training also. M >> I think I did something with the wrong form. >> So I the back triggered again and then I was going into the same back loop. >> I was thinking oh what if that happens what if this happens and everything >> and then uh suddenly I went to a place called Luna Chalam if you are aware.
(22:16) >> I know I know it's Thiruan temple >> and there is a prair that is 16 km. Ah yeah I've done that >> and my husband just said it's okay you can walk you know you said the back pain is very mild you're used to so much pain uh this is like nothing to you >> and then I just did the 16 km walk >> within the first half after the 8 kilometers the back pain has vanished >> is it >> completely >> that is when I understood again movement maybe you know I my body needed >> some walking >> uh so uh I think these are uh movement
(22:50) is again second main pillar. >> So you're not well doesn't mean you have to take rest every time. >> Even you know uh like this um I'll tell you about something which I related to this. >> Um >> one of my sister went through one pregnancy >> and then uh she had a surgery. >> Immediately after that we all were treating her like you know please take take care of yourself don't move.
(23:14) As soon as the doctor came they were like you have to move you have to shift here you have to shift there. So I was like shocked how is that possible? Why is doctor treating my sister like this? >> But then uh they told if you're going to have some movement this will heal faster as compared to you not moving. >> True 100%.
(23:33) >> Yeah. >> So movement is uh again very good but again uh you [clears throat] have to understand where you are at at that point. If let's say um like you said someone had a C-section >> immediately if you're asking her to run that's not right but then just understand what is required yeah what is required and go accordingly >> so I would say a movement is second >> third I would say sleep >> uh because uh sleep is somewhere your body repairs >> uh your muscle uh builds >> okay and sleep is somewhere your hormones release
(24:12) >> right so if you're not sleeping then I'd say do not expect a good health >> correct >> so if you're doing if you're let's say you're taking good nutrition u >> let's say you're following good movement >> you can relate right if you're not >> I can relate exactly [laughter] I was doing workout everyday 2 hours >> yes >> I was eating very clean but the only problem I had was my sleep cycle I was sleeping only 3 hours 4 hours and my trainer used to tell me you're doing everything correct but your sleep is not
(24:42) correct. >> True 100%. >> So I think sleep is another important especially because I work on women. >> I'm so sorry I'm not being a feminist in talking about women but since I deal with a lot of women >> uh sleep is again another issue. >> So do not compromise on sleep at all. Okay. Let the world [laughter] don't worry about family work anything. Please have good sleep.
(25:10) >> Correct. >> Um and the last one I'd say is um >> uh the mental and emotional well-being. >> That is also a part of having a good health. >> Uh because let's say again you're following all three of this >> and then you're not able to deal with stress. >> Again that will cause a lot of problems. >> See uh considering the work that we have today to everybody everybody's having a busy life.
(25:36) >> Correct. So I'd say do not stop having stress or do not avoid your work because you're having stress. >> Try to understand what's causing it >> and try to understand how you can deal with it. >> Okay? Because a lot of people my friends who are because I am in I'm 28 >> and a lot of my friends are in same age >> and most of them are recently getting married or got married recently >> and they're unable to adjust when they go to a new woman.
(26:07) So I I tell the same thing even I follow the same thing and I tell the same thing to everybody. >> Let anything happen. >> Okay? Do not spoil your mental peace for anything that's happening around you. >> It can be work. It can be at home. It can be any changes. It can be financial problems. Anything >> everything is temporary.
(26:26) You will find a solution for everything. >> Correct? >> So do not spoil your inner peace for anything. M >> I think if you can follow this four um I'd not say your your health is completely in your hands but um you can avoid a lot of problems >> maybe 60 to 70% we can actually yeah you know and I think we are done okay so this is again very controversial because Um uh firstly I think again women's body is different.
(27:05) >> Mhm. >> Uh maybe you can survive on 4 hours of sleep >> work work out for 2 hours >> and then go with your regular work >> right >> but uh to me and to my understanding >> to understand what's wrong with the body is very important. >> Okay. Why is it that she gained weight or why is it that he gained weight? >> All right.
(27:28) So what are the changes that uh happened in the last few years or few uh months >> that has made her gain weight >> to understand that is important. >> See not everybody needs uh into two grams of protein to reduce weight. >> That's not the case. >> Uh see maybe I cannot survive on high protein. Okay. See my gut cannot take it.
(27:55) So uh to understand what everybody needs is very important >> right so a person um maybe she's having let's say she's having PCOD >> she's having irregular periods >> okay so first just to because she's having PCOD and irregular periods I can't put her into heavy uh workouts and then expect a result right I also have to understand what are the changes that has happened recently >> how is her lifestyle how is she sleeping what is her stress uh rate you know >> uh and to understand um uh what is she eating, when is she eating, how much is she eating, is she overeating, is she
(28:32) having cravings or is she having some mood swings, right? How is she waking up like we discussed previously, right? Is she waking up with low energy? >> How is her hydration? >> So considering all of this, I think uh u we can help her lose the weight. But again when you asked about how yoga is going to help >> I've seen so many people who have not seen a result with strength training definitely it's a very good thing >> but then the process that they're going through is not right >> okay so I've seen a lot of women uh who
(29:06) has done a lot of gyming okay uh I mean lot of strength training and then come to yoga and lose weight okay I'll just tell you what's happening >> so when you do yoga you become more aware okay uh like you become more conscious of what you dom you become more aware of what you do or what's happening inside because you know if I ask a woman to come to the gym and do make her do 50 crunches okay she's not feeling anything there she's just feeling like a punishment >> but then what happens in yoga is every asa that you do is linked with your
(29:38) breathe >> so you'll have a mind body connection >> so when you can feel those muscles let's say if I'm making her do a plank >> okay that shouldn't be like a punishment to her >> so she has to feel the muscles she has to feel her core Mhm. >> So when that muzzle mind or mind body connection is there no automatically a lot of things change okay firstly you we cannot decide from where the fat has to lose okay uh your body will do its job but then if you can train it accordingly like we do you know one day focusing
(30:11) completely on your back and core >> that way we can definitely work on uh different parts also to make it stronger >> u uh but Then like I said no one size fit or you know one chart will suit everybody >> everybody. >> So everybody's approach or everybody's um needs are different. So we have to go accordingly and like I said it's not just the yoga asas that are going to help.
(30:36) >> See it can be like you can see for you I think you if I ask you to hold on in a plank for 60 seconds it's not tough for you right you can do it. >> Uh uh but then how aware of you are you when you're doing that. >> Okay. Okay. So that's more important. Uh that's so when this is there's a concept called proprioception if you have heard about it.
(30:58) Uh it is about when you're doing certain let's say when you're walking also you have to feel what is moving. >> Okay. So when that happens uh the fat loss or weight loss automatically happen because you know I'll also tell an interesting part. Um a lot of them say why is it that people are reducing stress when they practice yoga or people have a a question that why is it that uh people are less reactive when they practice yoga.
(31:28) It is because like I said yoga has a lot of pranayyama techniques. It has a lot of breath involved when they do asas also. >> See when you are angry you breathe a certain way. When you're sad you breathe a certain way. When you're anxious you breathe a certain way. Everything, every emotion is linked to your breathe. Right? So when you can master this breathe, when you can understand the technique to slow down this breathe or control this breathe, >> then you can find a solution to a lot of problems because stresses >> or uh stress tensions are the top reason
(32:00) for a lot of diseases. >> So I think if we can control the stress with this breathing techniques and yoga then you can find solution for a lot of problems. >> Okay. U you know uh since I completely belong to this gym life and training because obviously body I don't feel like a lot of people come in I see clients coming in and approaching my trainer is it possible specific portificction ction cannot happen uh firstly but you can train it
(32:44) >> is what I would say >> because uh see uh one person must be having must be feeling heavy at the hips >> another person must be feeling heavy at their [clears throat] >> belly >> right >> a few may be at just a different path >> so firstly people should understand that um we have genes >> genes of our mother our grandmothers our great grandmothers >> so if uh something is running genetically You can definitely work on it but do not expect that much result.
(33:13) >> Correct? >> But then you can definitely uh train your muscles. Okay. But u you can train them only when you're following >> the entire process. Okay. You'll have to change your lifestyle habits. You'll have to change your eating patterns. You'll have to change your sleep, your stress, >> uh everything. >> Okay.
(33:37) Uh if you're following all of that and then following this asas then it will absolutely work. >> Okay. >> Uh definitely asas definitely can help you reduce the belly fatific um again if done with right control right intention towards the muscles definitely first is plank. Plank is universal. Uh so I mean all different forms of exercise use that uh so plank uh second uh >> is plank also you part of yoga.
(34:12) >> Yeah 100%. >> Okay >> we call it palakasan >> aa >> yeah everything I mean to me >> uh because uh I've studied MSE in yoga and now doing PhD. So now um I read a lot about the history of yoga. >> Okay. So what I understood is all the physical exercise forms came from yoga only. >> Okay. >> Any physical exercise form >> and yoga has like now it has become a circus >> but then there are limited number of asas people are adding so many variations and make it making it a circus >> but then it's the oldest form >> and the origin of yoga is India.
(34:48) >> Okay. >> But people are living here and learning somewhere else. >> Yeah. >> So uh plank is also definitely u I mean I feel that has come from yoga. >> Okay. People can correct me if I'm wrong but then it's the oldest technique right so I'd say yeah so plank is a part >> so plank we do a lot of planks we do variations so that's good >> I'd say do some planks >> there is one thing called as nasana >> are you aware of it >> I don't know what it is called in the English >> this called nasa board pose >> I I will add that image in this so that
(35:21) people can relate it yes >> nasa >> um you have to do bridge pose because your core >> and your back are you know work together. >> So if you're doing continuous of uh nasana and not doing bridge pose you will obviously strain your back. >> Okay. >> And it is equally important because in bridge pose you're also contracting your pelvic muscles.
(35:45) >> So that is again very important. >> Uh third one I would say is salabasana. >> Salabasana is you know the supine sorry the belly pose. You have to lie down. Okay. Just lift your lie down with your belly down, lift your hands up and legs up. >> So that will like create the center of gravity shifted and then you can see >> good change with >> the last one I'd say is bjangasa to mountain.
(36:09) You know the mountain I know that yeah >> that again gives a very good change >> but it's difficult. >> Yes, it's difficult but it's good. [laughter] Actually every asan is difficult I think but then once we practice that uh it becomes very easy for us. >> Yeah. >> Um a lot of people say yoga say >> what is your view on this >> this especially someone like our parents usually say exactly my father cannot >> relate to it >> or we still are not aware of it or we do not relate to it.
(36:41) >> Not yet but we will come to a point where we will >> where we will relate. Yes, >> because um you know firstly like I said yoga acts more from the inside rather than the outside. >> Okay. >> See if um let's say your mother or my mother is having knee pains. >> So if I ask if I get her to the gym >> and ask her to do some leg extension with certain amount >> she will feel it as a punishment.
(37:08) >> Okay. Because she don't know why she's doing it. >> Correct. >> Right. She don't know what she's working on. So what happens when uh but if I get the same mother ask her to sit here and just ask her to sit here and do this you know she'll feel that it is good >> correct >> right because and especially when I ask her when I put her hand like this and ask her you know can you feel it here >> that is why it is acting >> okay so when I ask her that >> that is when she'll understand that oh this is working >> so like I said previously yoga works
(37:40) more from internal >> and than external. >> So when you practice yoga because you're doing a lot of breathing techniques, >> you become more conscious. >> You become more aware. >> So when you become more conscious and more aware, you can control a lot of things >> in life. >> You will stop reacting and start responding.
(38:00) >> You will when you're eating. Okay? So it's not that >> uh everybody know that you have to eat healthy. But why is it that people are not eating? Because they're not aware >> you know they're not conscious. M >> so when you see a certain thing you will automatically your brain tells you that this is not healthy with yoga this actually happens >> this people who are who have practiced yoga or who are practicing yoga only they can relate >> but if you can't relate then start practicing because these are the minor
(38:29) things >> but that can give you a lot of >> you know huge change >> because you everything you do you do mindfully >> okay you talk mindfully you behave Mindfully uh you eat mindfully uh you everything that you do everything the movement also you do mindfully like I said if I ask my mother to sit down and stretch my leg you know if I'm asking her to do it with the breath she can feel the muscle more she'll have that connection more >> right so uh because you know trust me in the beginning when I was uh initially
(39:02) introduced to yoga and when I initially started teaching yoga people I just used to you know my my instru my guru used to give me five asas I used to just teach those five and come back and then students used to come and tell that you know harika that happened to me this happened to me I'm feeling good I was like I'm but I'm doing nothing I'm just teaching asas with some breathing >> so I never actually understood but then on a long run like after 3 4 years that is when I actually understood that >> uh uh you know it is acting
(39:32) >> internally and externally >> if I ask my mother to sit down and do it it is easy for her Um and when people practice uh this breathing techniques along with it because they become more aware >> uh they will like I said they will do everything mindfully >> and when they do mindfully obviously they will see results okay they will see the minor changes.
(39:54) >> So if the same person if I ask them to put them in the gym and give them a limited number of exercise and you do this do this do this >> uh they will fail at a punishment. >> So you know 2 days 3 days 3 days they will stop after that. Correct. here because people are seeing difference every day.
(40:12) So that's why the game like you know yoga say >> because also like I said if people are having some issues okay like if they are dealing with cancer BP or diabetic these they can I mean the symptoms can be uh controlled by yoga. So that's how again uh they say yoga say but then like I said the process internally going is this >> so uh I think people who practice it only can relate uh so start practicing it again [laughter] >> you know like you told that um especially our parents they relate with yoga because mother
(40:58) you know always whenever she's with me she will always feed lot of foodies but still you know she keeps on feeding. So do you have a message for those mothers who should uh you know uh make changes in food also and stop feeding their kids so [laughter] food >> uh right again firstly I think that's the best part >> you know that relieves a lot of stress firstly because you understand that there's a lot of love >> and I deal with this in my [laughter] personal life too and my mother >> with every child I guess.
(41:39) >> Exactly. Yes. My mother and I actually had a recent conversation also about this. >> Um so I was telling her you know she she started developing knee pains and ankle pains. >> So u we were talking about this. >> So that is when I told her that mama right so it is that 60% of the diet gives you health.
(42:06) So mom I think we should change our diet. [laughter] uh I eat a very balanced I eat very firstly I cannot eat too much food >> or >> I don't enjoy food too much >> so I'm okay or I'm good with having balanced meals but all my whole entire family are foodie >> okay see it is something that uh they can train themselves to slowly start eating better >> but then it's not they they will not realize it you know uh because they're used to it since so But then I am gently trying to make changes at home.
(42:42) >> Okay. It can be here with my husband and my in-laws also. It can be with my parents also. I am trying to change a lot of things. >> U you know also making their work easy >> because waking up and doing idli dsha is a tougher task >> while in you know boiling some eggs is a better task. >> So I'm like telling you know you should not strain yourself too much.
(43:06) just sit down it's okay >> and then you know you should eat eggs or add some protein if not >> any other protein just add some plant-based protein if not >> so I am trying to slowly uh incorporate a few changes >> and especially the lunches and dinners are a very u uh you know difficult part so what I'm trying to tell is firstly I'm asking them to have portion control okay because what happens especially I am from this part Hyderabad South Indian right >> so we are used to having this much of rice >> okay >> and then this much of curry
(43:42) >> mhm >> uh if it is chicken or mutton then a [clears throat] little huge but then if it is a vegetable curry or dal it is only this much >> or sometimes it is like lunch is rice and dal and dinner is chapati and sorry chapati and some curry >> that's it >> so your body will not get that nourishment >> so I'm slowly trying to change that M >> I'm telling mama just to do one thing in the afternoons just add one curry and one dal enough initially for someone who having a sedent life and not moving too much that much is enough
(44:16) >> enough >> right and in the dinners um one chapati I'm trying to control them to one chapati and asking them to have a lots of protein and fiber in the night >> okay I'm like slowly training them the dinner part is really getting tough >> but then I'm slowly training also uh your parents um learn a lot from you.
(44:42) This is like recently I'm seeing because my dad observes a lot of what I eat and tries to follow it. >> Uh also because uh they can see results in me. Okay. So they are also following. So slowly I'm like pulling everybody. It's a very big task because my in-laws are vegetarians again. >> Okay. >> Um and their eating habits are very uh bad. Okay.
(45:06) because it is mostly carb high food. >> So then it it is little tough but then I'm slowly trying to change them >> but then once I'm starting to change the things they themselves can see the results. So I'm just trying to make them understand and show them results >> so that they understand it better because you know even now my knee is not >> uh strong enough because I told you I have a tear.
(45:29) >> Yeah. >> Uh I'm just managing it. I'll have to get the reconstruction done. >> But then uh when I am doing some giving some strength training and when I'm eating good food. Previously I used to have a lot of knee pain. Now that has reduced drastically. >> So they are seeing me. They're watching me improving.
(45:46) >> So they're doing it. I think uh um you have to influence your parents. That's the best way to do. >> Any any message for every Indian mom? >> Mom. >> Yes. [laughter] If you don't want to get your knees replaced, [laughter] uh if you don't want to get attacked by diabetic or BPS, then please have a controlled diet [laughter] because uh we see a lot of them having some the same issues. Mhm.
(46:20) >> Uh especially because the last two one week I've seen two of my >> family relatives getting their knees replaced. >> My parents have realized [laughter] >> that and then I also realized you know I I used to uh sometimes bunk going to the gym. >> Okay. >> But then after looking at it I'm like no no no I have to go it at any cost and then I'm pushing uh because uh there's a lot of suffering.
(46:47) I'm telling you uh once something happens to your body nobody tells if let's say your heart something has happened to your heart or something even your husband or even your wife nobody will take say you know take my heart >> ultimately you have to deal >> correct >> so nobody is going to not your children not your parents not your nobody is going to be there >> uh not even your husband correct >> okay let's say he has you know he can feel you but he cannot give >> correct >> uh his everything to you So I'd say focus on yourself first you before
(47:20) anything. >> Mhm. >> That's important. >> Do you have any client story who came to you with a you know heavy weight and you turned out? >> I have so many of them. >> Okay. >> Like so many hundreds. You can uh look at it in my website profile also. >> There are hundreds of women who have transformed. >> Okay.
(47:45) And trust me uh it is the simplest process. >> Okay. >> And I just give you one such amazing transformation. >> Uh this is completely not I mean uh not have I have not done it personally. >> Okay. >> But since this is like a huge uh difference I'm going to tell about it. >> So this is in 2016 or so. >> Uh I was working in a different uh institute back then.
(48:09) I was teaching yoga. So there used to be one uh lady uh she used to just I think she was around 28 29 or 30 I guess back then uh she had a lot of problems uh a lot of hormonal imbalances um she was actually trying to conceive but then that also didn't happen >> and she was around 110 kg or so >> she used to just come she used to just sit on a chair not even down >> on a chair she used to just do pranayyama and some walking >> along with that we changed a lot. Okay.
(48:41) Like my guru uh it has been done under my guru's supervision. [clears throat] >> So what my guru has done is she has changed a lot of lifestyle >> habits >> uh small changes in the diet. >> Tellup some examples so that people who are listening to you can at least make those changes. >> Exactly. I'll come to that.
(49:02) So uh very simple changes. I'll come to that. M >> but then she lost around 20 kes >> in I think less than 5 months trust me she was not doing single exercise okay not a simple asa firstly she was not able to do it because she was very heavy >> uh so if what happens everybody gives advice go to the gym >> you will lose >> right but that's not the approach >> so uh what we've uh I mean what I think has worked on Harris is >> firstly we asked her to come in the morning at 8:00 no matter what.
(49:39) So at least for that she'll sleep early and she will wake up early. >> Uh so that circadian rhythm >> that sleep schedule I think was set. >> And then morning the yoga was an outdoor thing in that institute. >> So you she used to just sit in the sit under the sun. >> Okay. And do some pranayyama. >> I think that trained her nervous system that trained her body.
(50:00) >> Mhm. And then initially to anybody initially there will be a lot of water loss you know when somebody goes through fat loss or weight loss. So and you know why that happens because we stop a lot of uh highly processed foods you know when the when we start >> following a good diet >> correct >> uh we stop eating a lot of processed food >> we stop eating a lot of outside food that you know lot of high sodium >> intake >> so that we stop >> that takes out a lot of water from the body >> okay maybe going forward it can be
(50:36) little tougher but it's not like impossible thing you can do it. >> But initially we set her diet. We woke her up. >> We got her exposed her to sunlight. >> We made small changes like you know we included we asked her to walk as as much as possible. Okay. Like not to sit too much. uh so she also was working I guess back then but then we asked her to walk as much as possible like take frequent breaks and then slowly after uh she started seeing results that is when she understood that >> okay let me add some movement
(51:10) >> she added some movement >> okay so these small habits can build like so much uh I mean that can improve >> and um that can help you lose your weight or fat >> uh like I said Not everybody's approach works. >> Correct. >> Right. Uh see if let's say someone is saying again 50 g or into two grams of protein that might not work to me.
(51:35) >> Correct. >> Because my root cause is different. >> Different. Everybody every body has a different change. >> Exactly. Uh and I'd say if you can work on the root cause, >> you'll find I mean that will sustain for a longer period. Correct. Or you can just follow it for your entire life and you will not have problems going forward.
(51:54) So that's the best approach something that can sustain for a longer time. >> I have seen people you know who do crash diet who do lot of you know fancy meals OMAD they lose weight for in 3 to 4 months but again back uh they gain the same weight. So I think it's better for them to have something which is concrete. >> Also there are a lot of uh powders that people drink.
(52:16) You know here I I don't know if I can mention the brand >> but there is a brand called H life. >> Are you are aware of it? >> No >> H. I'm not mentioning the name exactly but I hope you understood. >> So wherein just with powders they reduce >> weightal. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. One of my colleague was taking that >> and I told him you know it's not good for long run.
(52:42) >> Yes. >> And he he actually lost the lot of weight. >> They will lose but u they cannot sustain. Um >> yeah longterm they cannot sustain. >> They cannot sustain. Right. So if you're losing weight it has to be it has to be like a lifelong >> thing. Mhm. >> Um you you have to work on the root cause.
(53:01) Not just because I have here weight I'm losing or I'll have to [clears throat] lose that or you should not keep that short-term goals. It is good to have a short-term goal >> but then uh trying to work on the root cause is very important. >> So just the same way if a person if the same person if we make her to sit in gym >> do exercise go home follow this diet she will not do it.
(53:24) >> Okay. But if we can slowly correct everything, work from the root cause and work on the lifestyle habits. >> Uh the change is very good. >> Okay. The same lady is now only just 60 kg. She's very active. >> She's into yoga. She she's like an entrepreneur now. She's running her own businesses, having a coffee shop and everything. That is like very inspiring.
(53:48) >> Uh like I said, these small habits can build so much. M >> firstly you don't do not even have to spend so much money >> okay everything is homereact everything is at home it's just about your choices >> okay and why is it that yoga will help again because when you do yoga you become more aware >> you become more mindful about uh what you're doing we stopped we cut her uh you know she used to overeat a lot >> so when we cut all of this no automatically see um to lose weight is not a huge task >> it's a science actually
(54:21) >> yes Yes, >> you just have to understand how to crack it. [laughter] >> Correct. >> And there are different ways. >> My way may not work to you. Okay. Uh so just like that. >> But then we have to look it as a long-term goal. Uh because people who are looking it as a short-term goal will maybe lose weight for sure, but then it's going to bounce back >> definitely.
(54:40) >> Uh in gym, you know, a lot of people are there who are like uh coming today and in one month they feel like they're expert >> and they want to say that, you know, I want to do this. Though they are very expertise exercises in your uh profession are there people who are coming to you and saying I want to perform that assan.
(54:58) >> Huh? There are 100%. See uh there are so many people firstly they come and they say you know this let's say this is September no so people would say harika I have my wedding in February I have to lose this much. >> Firstly they're already going through so much stress. >> They are all already in a hurry state continuously. Mhm.
(55:18) >> Uh so how can this 3 months thing work? >> Correct. >> Okay. So even I I run a program called 90 days transformation. >> But I would still not recommend that 90 days transformation to this lady because it's not going to work for her. >> Correct? >> So in the 90 days transformation also you know what we do? We just um um make the client understand what's going wrong, >> how to set it, >> how to eat, how to >> improve the quality of sleep, movement and everything.
(55:49) >> Okay, so ultimately after 3 months she doesn't need me. >> Okay, the client doesn't need me because she she already understood what her body needs. >> So that's how the transformation has to be. uh if let's say this lady maybe because of uh her um wedding works maybe she's sleeping late at 2:00 she's not working out >> and then I'll give her one fixed diet she's going to shopping she will not find that food there how will it happen >> so it's not going to work that way >> so that's one and second u example I can
(56:19) give is a lot of people come like recently I like stopped replying her only >> like she was like you know um I need personal class we have two of us Mhm. >> Uh our ultimate goal is to do animal flows and headstand >> right firstly to have a goal is not wrong. It's it's good. Okay. You should have goals otherwise you cannot work.
(56:41) Um but then trying to you have to understand why do I have to go there >> you know because if someone wants to do a headstand it's not a wrong thing but then to understand that they need good neck strength they need good shoulder strength they need good arm strength is very important >> a few are frustrated also in the middle of this journey only that >> she's still not teaching me handstand >> if I teach >> and then we are putting rigorous pressure on on the neck on the shoulders >> and then next day if they come with some
(57:13) problem who is responsible >> right >> right so I'd say also this is very fancy to see the headstands and all are very fancy to see like lean girls doing headstand and all but then uh see headstand has a different reason of doing it it's an inversion right so it is done for various reasons and then back those days yogis have also done for for with a different approach okay with a different uh uh reason.
(57:40) So to do a headstand it is not just the hand strength, the shoulder strength or the neck strength. It requires lot of patience. It requires lot of um discipline, a lot of calmness, lot of steadiness. Okay. Let's say you're there in the headstand, you're practicing headstand and you're thinking something else, it is not going to happen.
(57:58) So that's why I would say work from all the sides, not just from one side. Build muscle and then do not. >> Okay, >> that is important. In fact, parents I even want to talk about 3S sleep, stress and sex. >> So sleep uh because I think we spoke so much about sleep >> because that is where your muscles >> repair that is where you know you should have a good sleep.
(58:36) M >> it's not something that you know oh I have to sleep 8 hours let me sleep it cannot work like that okay >> do not force yourself it should naturally happen work on how it can work happen naturally >> um like I said see that is where your body repays your hormones release you can function better the next day depends on how you sleep today right so it is definitely that's why I included sleep also in one of the pillar >> okay >> just a small question related to lot of times what happens because I have a very busy schedule. So when I'm going
(59:10) for a sleep lot of thoughts comes in my mind okay they keep on running and despite me trying to sleep badly I cannot so situation >> see that's what your nervous system is always in the fight and flight mode >> okay >> because uh everybody is having a hectic schedule right >> so from morning till night we are rushing about everything >> we are in a rush rush to do something or the other, >> right? >> So the same is carry forwarding it to night.
(59:43) >> So firstly you have to slow down your evenings. >> Okay. >> Okay. Or at least if someone cannot wind up their nights uh quickly then at least try to uh spend some time to slow down at least 1 hour or 2 hours. Okay slow down. I mean stop some physical activity u stop having keines stop having heavy meals.
(1:00:05) All of this anyways then >> mobile >> mobile 100% >> especially >> so especially in the night the night screen time that will stop >> um uh uh you know your m your brain to function the how it has to function regularly right and then because of the screen time your nervous system is always in a rush >> okay it is like always like continuously it is like thinking something or the other >> so To get into the rest and digest mode of your nervous system, practice some breathing.
(1:00:41) Okay. There's some uh breathing called as brahar pranayam. Are you aware of it? >> If you're good, then we can do it. Now, >> you show how we can do. >> Yeah. I'll just tell you. You just have to sit. >> Okay. >> Okay. >> Sit. Very simple. Just close your eyes. Close your ears with your index fingers. >> Okay.
(1:01:00) I'll just tell and then you can close. >> Just take a long deep breath in. And while you're exhaling, you can make a humming sound. Okay? Like >> and then make it as long as possible. >> Okay? >> Okay. Like extend it as long as possible. Do it three times or at least one time for now. And then try to observe and listen to the sound inside your closed ears.
(1:01:23) Okay? And when you're doing this, try to relax all of your facial muscles and your shoulders. Right? Let us do it. Just close your ears. Take a long deep breath in. And as you exhale, let us make the brahari sound. M >> and then you can relax. Can you observe the difference? How calm you're feeling right now? >> Yes. >> Uh so I mean it just made me so calm
(1:02:08) that >> I actually I felt like I'm not here for a second. >> Exactly. Yes, that happens. >> Yeah, it's actually >> uh that can I mean slow down your nervous system. >> So did you observe that when you're doing the sound you're exhaling for a longer time? >> Correct. When you have that control over that exhalation, >> the thinking changes >> uh I mean the overthinking >> or continuous thoughts in the night that reduces a lot.
(1:02:35) >> Lovely. Actually uh this is something which I have been facing from lot of time. >> I will I think I have to start practicing this every day. >> What we have done now >> usually we do it four to five times. Okay. That will take around 5 minutes or so. >> Okay. Uh but I mean you can observe now just by doing it for once you can see so much >> for the very first time.
(1:02:56) >> Yes. Okay. >> Then imagine doing it consistently and doing it every night. >> So we should do only going before bed or we should do it. >> We can do all the u breathing practices. >> Okay. >> At any time of the day but there is a concept called and pingala nadis >> wherein it is said that one nostril is feminine.
(1:03:18) One nostril is uh what's the opposite of feminine? Masculine. >> Masculine. Sorry. Okay. >> So, one is feminine and one is masculine. So, what happens is the masculine nostril, the masculine nardi is mostly makes you >> over like you know it stimulates you. But then the uh uh the the feminine nardi that will cool you down >> that is right or left.
(1:03:39) I'm always confused between right or left. Okay. So let's say if you want to be more active in the day, let's say someone is feeling very lazy in the morning and you want if you want to activate then you can activate your idi. >> If you want to cool down and go to sleep, then you can activate your pink. Very simple.
(1:03:54) Just close one nostril and breathe with the other >> depending on >> like this. >> No, inhale and exhale with the same nostril. >> Same only. >> Yes. >> Okay. >> As my father used to do like like this on >> that is alternate. >> Okay. >> Uh that can be done any time of the day. >> Okay. But then uh if your goal is to sleep peacefully or wake up and be energetic then this technique >> these two are >> yeah I'm little confused because >> um I'm always confused between and pingala just check with it and follow it.
(1:04:27) It helps actually but then >> do not expect results in just one day >> just like how brahari showed you effect the sida pingala might not show you it'll take two to three days for you to understand >> yes >> the other rest are still left. Oh, [laughter] so we talked about sleep, >> sleep >> and then stress whisper about sex definitely because it is also one of the part for your overall well-being.
(1:04:52) >> Uh to have a good intimate relationship to have good open communication. So you cannot have open communication with anybody >> anybody. Right. >> Right. So uh let's say you have a a partner and if you have good intimacy u good intimacy is again a very good way to release your stress uh good uh communication uh and good understanding these are very important for overall wellbeing because um I see a lot of women >> having [clears throat] this problem called as vaginosmas >> which is the pelvic muscles involuntarily become become tightened
(1:05:33) >> and that will not let the penetration happen. >> Okay. >> Okay. I see currently I have four students for same reason. >> Okay. >> Okay. So firstly it requires a little therapy >> uh because it is psychological also but then I've seen so many because it's it involves tightening of the pelvic muscles. Yoga can help you there.
(1:05:56) >> Okay. >> Okay. Because a workout no constantly we are observing let's say strength training we're constantly observing which muscle is acting right but then in yoga there is a lot of relaxation >> there is a lot of hip opening pelvic opening >> that can help your muscles to relax a lot >> and um definitely consent is very important because a husband and wife both um uh are together in a marriage or in a partnership.
(1:06:28) So uh I feel that if you can be as open as possible in communication I think it's better for both the partners like I said because women have a [clears throat] lot of issues. >> So if you can comfort uh the women in the relationship um then that can keep both of your health perfect because otherwise the girl is uh thinking or overthinking a lot.
(1:06:52) [clears throat] >> And then another important thing is about conception. Especially uh after marriage I don't know how it is everywhere but uh like in the community that I lived in uh or in the surrounding that I lived in uh people are you know they expect having children very soon right after the marriage [clears throat] >> but then um see now that we have so many problems u infertility issues right because like I said it's not just about the physical intimacy it's about there's a lot of understanding in a comes with that. Yeah. Yeah. Definitely in
(1:07:28) partnership. >> So, uh I think that can reduce how the next day is also. Okay. If let's say I am having a good dinner with my husband today, talking openly about something >> that was troubling me. >> Maybe I feel a lot better. Okay. So, the next day is better to me. >> That's true. >> And so, the stress can slowly reduce.
(1:07:47) >> Correct. Correct. Correct. >> Yes. because see millennials don't care about their looks a lot >> the way Jenz's look right and hair thinning has become a serious concern nowadays is there anything related to yoga that people can perform to reduce this >> the hair thinning >> hair thinning yes >> okay firstly about looking everybody should look good >> that that's true >> definitely doesn't matter the age >> doesn't matter you have re you had a baby >> uh or you know so many people say I've had three children now
(1:08:25) >> what only I look yeah >> so or what should I do by looking good >> but then it's not about that it can boost a lot of confidence in you >> correct >> okay >> uh like I said >> when I was thin >> I didn't have this much confidence >> if I'm like you know half of this I cannot be this confident sitting here and talking >> you even told me you don't wanted to get married Uh because you were so thin, right? [laughter] >> Yeah.
(1:08:53) Uh I mean because I was always thinking about oh to take care of myself is only a big task for me. Correct. >> Not to take care of a family is a very >> But then when you work on health know that improves a lot of confidence >> and trust me >> any dress you wear it can be as cheaper as it is. >> But if you can have a good body >> that will look like luxury to you.
(1:09:14) >> You know that will look luxury on you >> right? So it's all about how you look definitely. >> So um do not stop caring taking care of yourself because you think your life is over. It's not over. It's never over. >> Uh so you don't know what the lifespan of a human or anybody is. >> So just take good care.
(1:09:35) >> And when it comes to hair thinning firstly everybody should understand that um again there is a lot of gene genetics involved. So my mother maybe I may have the genetics of my mother, my grandmothers, my fathers from their sides. >> Yes. >> Right. So if it is genetically your hair is little thin, you cannot do anything.
(1:09:56) >> Okay. But then you were having good hair since the childhood but then you're losing it because of various reasons. >> Then I'd say first get yourself checked. >> Okay. >> Go to a dermatologist or you know just get yourself checked with the basic test. The basic ones are your vitamin D, >> B12, iron, ferotin.
(1:10:20) If uh just check if these are uh you know if you're deficient in this and try to work on this >> half of the problems get solved here. >> Okay. >> Okay. >> If there is other medical conditions like alopeesia or something else then you would definitely need treatments for medical treatments for it. Okay. >> Uh but then if if the causes are very small or minor like this, I think it'll get settled with supplements.
(1:10:43) Again, do not take supplements on your own. >> Okay? Or do not take any fancy gummies that are there on internet or people promoting it. Do not take them. >> Um just u trust me the fancy gummies that we get no >> they are very expensive while compared to the usual supplements that we take. This directly acts >> this has all the additives, >> lots of sugars to make it fancy or to taste make it the make the taste fancy.
(1:11:10) >> Correct. >> So I'd say do not go go for that if you are deficient if you are if you're have nutrient deficiency also >> just have it under good supervision that's it. M >> but I I'd say that's what but if uh you can control it to an extent like I said if the cause is temporary or if the cause is like because of lifestyle changes >> all of that that I spoke till now if you can follow them >> it is very easy% of the job is done >> 100%.
(1:11:42) M uh I think we have talked a lot about yoga and you know stress lot many things I want to talk about your specialization now uh which is PCOD PCOS and POS right so can you please tell a little more about it because lot many people doesn't know about it >> right so it is not just um I I mean I'm not just specialized in PCOD POS >> any hormonal imbalance okay sometimes there is no name for this >> right but your hormones go up and down in your body >> correct >> because of that you will have so many other issues >> thyroid >> and then we work with fertility issues
(1:12:18) >> uh and then I also work with >> postnetal women who are looking to recover and get back or bounce back >> so about this uh okay I'd like to tell to everybody who doesn't know about PCOD POS or PCOS >> um it's a metabolic syndrome >> okay So what happens is your brain and your ovaries can communicate. >> Okay.
(1:12:46) >> Okay. With the uh hormones it releases, >> right? So these both can communicate >> well. So if something goes wrong here, >> something goes wrong at your ovaries. >> Okay? So what happens? So when something is going wrong here >> and what I mean to say when something goes wrong here it goes wrong here is >> um that a woman has uh you know women's uh you I I'm sure you're aware of how or when a woman releases an egg and then when she manurates right so what happens if there's something running here or something wrong is happening here
(1:13:26) then the ovulation can delay M >> when the ovulation is delayed people may experience irregular periods >> because of that because the ovulation is not happening right they may have fertility issues >> so they may have again uh a lot of hormonal issues mood swings that people see a lot especially in women >> so uh it is a metabolic thing that you have to take care of so that's why I'm telling and you know this pituitary gland or pineal gland.
(1:14:02) Um this get influenced by your sleep, by your food, by your stress, by your thinking, uh by your activity and everything. >> So if you can follow these, >> this can act all of these can act here and this can act to your PCOD to your thyroid. >> And I'd say yoga cannot give a complete cure to this. It's not a solution.
(1:14:27) It's not a medicine because >> let's say uh if the causes are temporary >> okay because thyroid comes for because of lifestyle changes irregular periods a few fertility issues comes because of uh lifestyle changes >> that can be completely cured with yoga >> but if let's say a person is not producing the thyroid hormone only they will definitely need medication >> okay so there we cannot replace medication with yoga >> they would definitely need >> so yeah uh but if The but to thyroid also if the cause is temporary then it's
(1:15:00) okay because you know if let's say if someone has been suddenly shifted to night shifts and because of that she developed or she got thyroid and then it is mild and the doctor said that you know you can just use uh the smaller uh dosage of it and practice some yogic techniques and then we can relieve >> that's possible but then if the thyroid is not only producing the hormone then yoga cannot give that direction >> I think it's with every case right not only thyroid if there's with any disease if it is built in and
(1:15:32) medically solve the yoga I don't think will help properly right >> definitely only the like I said the uh lifestyle issues something that is caused because of all of the lifestyle issues they can have a complete cure with yoga >> yoga and also ayurvea >> both of them because both of them work together [clears throat] >> u especially PCOD PCOS uh irregular periods.
(1:16:00) Um uh PMS not everybody has a solution. I mean yoga can completely cannot. But then PCOD, PCOS, uh PMOS and then your fertility minor fertility issues all of this yoga has a cure 100%. >> So uh women who are trying for fertility and you know trying for pregnancy can yoga help them. Firstly they should understand that uh it is from both the partners both both of them should work together >> and then um um so the minor issues okay uh like um see a lot of them are not able to conceive or not able to have you know uh uh are having this problem
(1:16:46) >> I see most of them are having this because they are having busy lifestyle. >> M >> they have no time to move their body. >> M >> okay. They have no time to exercise. Their food intake is not enough. Okay. >> So especially to anybody if they're planning for conception, I'd say please take care of yourself 6 months before planning to conception.
(1:17:12) >> During the conception and also after >> after that >> after that also >> that's very important. M >> uh like I said, nutrition is 100% very important. >> Uh as simple as if you can get up in the morning >> and drink some cinnamon water in the hot water >> or um the matey seeds overnight soaked meaty seeds >> and um um eat some nuts and seeds in the morning that can boost the metabolism so much.
(1:17:48) that alone can uh fix PCOD you know that can I mean not fix but that can uh >> at least uh help on cure it. >> Yes. Mhm. >> Okay. So something like that. So you have to a lot of them because they are working constantly and they're not moving their body. So uh definitely yoga helps >> uh and definitely the 90 days programs help >> okay >> them okay because you know we we do simple things Kushagra you know initially we give them a detox >> okay so that will take out >> their water I mean water retention happens anyways >> and then we give them slow protein
(1:18:20) >> we do not give them directly uh 70 g of protein a day >> right we'll give balanced nutrition >> we we'll give very slow protein and then we'll slowly increase the protein. We'll see how they are acting. >> Correct? >> Okay. So, by then they will all you know already see results >> and then after this the fourth step you know what we do we just ask them to have finish 8k steps before the day ends.
(1:18:44) >> Mhm. >> Okay. And then we'll slowly ask them can you please start strength training? I think it'll work even more better. >> Okay. >> So it has to be like step by step. >> So do not rigorously go and punish yourself. >> That's why I said give 6 months of time understand your body. So by the end of this 3 months no you will understand oh because I ate that that's why I couldn't sleep that day >> you know that's why it disturbed my sleep >> or because of that you know my stress has increased that particular day
(1:19:11) >> so I think if you can do everything >> consciously you can change the minor health the minor conception issues that's not a problem after conceiving after conceiving. >> After conceiving, >> uh see it depends on whether she has had a C-section >> uh like any surgical process or >> uh if she has had a normal delivery.
(1:19:40) >> Uh if she has had a normal delivery to my understanding, they can start within the one month. Again, doctor uh doctor's opinion is important because everybody is different. >> Correct. >> You never know. She must have gone through a tear or stitches down there. So you have to know know it first >> for C-section I'd say just wait until you recover >> okay so you have gone through so much >> so just wait for 6 months or so after that also if your doctor is advising and saying yes you can do it >> because people have diastasis recti
(1:20:14) after it because your abdominal muscles come apart >> correct >> there's like one and a half in gap 2 in gap >> so let it first naturally settle and then work [clears throat] on it >> so after conceiving you advise not to have very vigorously but but during pregnancy >> definitely important. >> In fact practicing good yoga in pregnancy will help you [clears throat] for normal delivery.
(1:20:36) >> Okay. What all kind of assence people can do these women can do >> in pregnancy? >> In pregnancy they can do a lot of um uh hip openers. >> Okay. a lot of asas that can strengthen their pelvis, >> their thighs, their back because during delivery it's not just belly doing its work. >> It's your hips, >> your hips should support, your buttocks, your glutes should support, your thighs should support, your >> you know the entire from your chest to your firstly you should mentally be strong >> but otherwise it's not just the belly
(1:21:09) doing its work. All of these are doing it together. So anything that can strengthen all of this hip openers are very good especially if you're trying for >> normal delivery. >> And then after delivery it's very uh important to understand your body okay because a lot of them cannot feel their core >> after delivery.
(1:21:30) It's very hard for them to feel their core. It's very hard for them to uh have a control over their pelvic muscles. M >> so if you can first try and uh u improve that connection to your core to your back and your pelvis >> then start doing rigorous exercises. Okay. Uh a lot of core strengthening will help. >> I think this is something which lot of people want to know >> and a lot of people will at least get some help from this.
(1:22:04) People move abroad and food is different and you were telling me also I've seen few reals also about it. >> Okay. So I have seen quite a few >> because 90% of my clients are living abroad. >> Okay. And um so a lot of them you know three to four of them >> have complained me telling >> that you know harika here >> whenever I'm here in the US or wherever >> I am having irregular periods
(1:22:49) >> okay >> or I am having continuous bleeding throughout the month >> but then right after they come to India everything is normal >> fixed >> fixed >> okay >> uh you know and then um uh there is there are two to three more clients who had rheumatoid arthritis Okay. >> I'm not sure because that's an autoimmune disease.
(1:23:06) >> But then uh uh maybe these days the factors are um included. >> Uh but then first first thing that you should understand is climatic changes. >> Okay. The entire geographically it's it's a very complete different uh place, right? >> So you will not have enough sunlight. >> Uh you're going through so much work.
(1:23:30) And something that I observed is they I don't know why this happens but they lose their appetite. >> They don't feel like eating so much. >> They run on coffees. >> Mhm. >> You know they're and then they grab something while they >> go to work, come off the work >> because they don't have time to cook their foods.
(1:23:50) >> But then here comes the part meal prepping is one such amazing technique that we can do. This is something that I am recommending to all of my clients because uh you know even when I am busy >> that's actually working a lot to me. >> Um if you can meal prep find out ways and meal prep that's the best thing.
(1:24:11) >> Uh so you know there like I said climatic conditions are one >> uh busy work having long coffees or so many coffees eating lot of highly processed foods. um not sleeping on time because initially when they go they're in a group >> and they in so much fun >> and then they party a lot uh lots of alcohol >> okay here they don't drink that much after going there it happens >> so you get dehydrated everything all of this can cause them >> so you have to figure out like I said always work on the root cause figure out
(1:24:53) okay and try to give some if if you're not having sunlight at all. >> There are uh therapists there called as red light therapy or something. >> Try some more the other way. >> Okay? Because now that you've gone there, you cannot come back here. >> Correct? >> Uh uh just make healthy choices. Try to start stop snacking too much.
(1:25:13) >> Just because you're not hungry [clears throat] doesn't mean you should not eat. >> You should eat. Otherwise, how will your body function? >> Correct. >> Okay. For your body to at least function, you will need that minimum basic calories and basic nutrition. M >> so do not ignore all of this. >> Okay.
(1:25:30) So do not ignore eating >> healthy or eating in general >> and do not have too many coffees. >> Um even though it doesn't matter even if you're going out just choose your foods wisely. That's something I would recommend. >> Uh in fact you know uh I have seen lot of people who feel I'm okay. They working out they're eating clean and pre-diabetic thyroid and you know multiple things.
(1:26:04) So for people of those category do you have any specific thing to tell them? There are so many you know because uh when people come the first thing that we do in the 90 days program or any program is we'll first ask them have you gone through any of the basic test that you usually go >> it can be thyroid vitamin D B12 iron or any other >> anything >> so we ask them HBA1C and these days this is like very much >> so we ask them to get a few basic test done so that [clears throat] we'll understand whether what's wrong with their body >> you you know
(1:26:38) among them 90% of them have never done any of this okay sadly and just when they come to us I personally have seen like um eight to nine clients who got to know that they are in the pre-diabetic and diabetic condition after coming okay so firstly I would say do not uh see like I said previously your health is not spoiled overnight.
(1:27:08) It will give you signs. You should not ignore those signs. If you're having any signs like you know maybe you're overeating um like there is no energy. Let's say you're going to the workouts but then you're still not feeling like working out. >> Okay. So, usually workouts motivate >> everybody. >> That's not happening to you because you're not having enough energy >> because your muscle is not recovering.
(1:27:35) and then um you don't feel like doing anything. U there are a lot of my friends who are into the business field and then they say like you know harika these days I'm delaying things a lot you know because my mood is not being right and all. So if you're having any of these then do not ignore them. Okay? So do not ignore any minor changes.
(1:27:56) Um you're craving a little too much, you're craving sugars a lot also. Do not ignore. >> Just try to get yourself tested and take the right steps. Okay. Build a good foundation. And I think in today's world where we know there are a lot of foods which are not correct and having a lot of pesticides in that.
(1:28:15) So I think every 6 months or a yearly test is required right because so that you can work according see trust me um I had like initially when I started strength training >> I you know I used to feel like to the gym because >> you know uh my muscle was not I I think my muscle was not recovering and that's why I was feeling so >> uh but then I uh my orthopedic uh told me just get yourself the vitamin D has done.
(1:28:45) >> So that is when I realized that I have my vitamin D levels were very low. >> Very low. Correct. >> And uh once I started taking supplements correct yes I was very low on energy. I was thinking then I got that tested. It was seven highly I got that shot directly injection and within two weeks everything started to work out.
(1:29:14) >> Definitely your mood improves you know. >> Exactly. >> So many people don't realize this but your mood has a lot to do with your vitamin D B12 also. Um just you know get yourself checked especially if not anything just go with HVAC thyroid or B12 D iron these are basic that correct everybody I mean if like the minor changes also you can correct it correct correct that will be easy I want to see since you are completely from yoga background around.
(1:29:53) I want to have a rapid fire with you so that people understand what exactly a yoga uh expert does in her daily routine. So we'll have a small rapid fire with you. So har you don't have to think and uh answer. Okay. >> Okay. >> So yoga for business [laughter] >> yoga >> yoga Instagram res movie. >> Instagram res >> early morning your night owl.
(1:30:19) Uh I am a night owl but I am again trying to improve myself. [laughter] >> Okay. If not yoga then what >> business? Uh I mean like I have other businesses running so I take care of that. >> Morning workout or evening workout? >> Evening workout. [laughter] I am I I was a morning person but then I don't know somehow I turned into a night but I'll just slowly >> with me I you know whenever I plan to do in the workout in the evening I always feel very dizzy and then again I shift it to morning >> because you guys work so much in the
(1:30:52) morning >> best cardio workout for you >> uh walking and going on a run that's it >> okay >> I believe that >> best cheat meal >> cheat meal or pancakes. [laughter] >> Okay. Cats or dogs? >> No. >> Dogs. 100% dogs. I have a pet dog. >> You have one. But you were getting scared of that >> because I don't understand cat's behavior. I don't know.
(1:31:20) Some I mean I cannot relate to it. >> Hidden talent. >> Hidden talent. >> That I am a very good entrepreneur. >> Is it? >> Yes. >> Okay. >> I can make the best [clears throat] decisions. M >> I mean that's why a lot of my my husband's ideas work >> because I make I mean I give him the best ideas and best decisions. So >> I have a lot of things going on in [laughter] my mind.
(1:31:50) You have to help me out. >> Definitely. Sure. >> Uh fame or fortune? >> Fame or >> 100%. >> Fortune. >> Fortune. Love or money? Uh money. >> Money. >> Yes. >> I think >> you know trust me the time when I got uh when I was in love with my husband or planning to get married also >> the first thing I think the both we discussed was it was not like first love and then >> something.
(1:32:19) >> It was like when we were uh you know thinking about businesses talking about everything. We first spoke about if we can uh you know if we have to stay together what is it that you can do what is it that I can do >> okay everything as in whole not just from money point of view >> so after discussing everything because money can change >> everything >> every situation >> so we decided that you know I earn this much you earn this much so I think we can have a >> we can make a good family >> and then the love part started so I
(1:32:53) think it's very important correct to me. Yeah, >> exactly. Then it cannot survive. >> But that doesn't mean that you know it works everywhere. >> See um let's say it doesn't work the same with my parents. >> Okay. Because I have the responsibility because they have taken care of me uh ever since, right? So they have looked at me that you know oh she should not fall down or you know maybe something should so I think uh that way I should not uh uh I mean with parents or with the clothes with friends and a few close
(1:33:29) thing we should not care too much about the money but then if you have to deal with the world then definitely money >> money [laughter] is required. >> Yeah. So I'd say money first. >> Great. I think uh that's all from my side and I think uh it's a pleasure having you here and >> it's a pleasure talking to you too [laughter] >> because I think we have uh you know spoken on lot of topics and things which are very much common among people of our age.
(1:33:57) >> Yes. >> And this I I feel that this is going to help a lot of people out there >> and uh lot of people might approach you after seeing this. [laughter] It's going to help. >> Yeah. also to all my audience also they will have a clarity of what does she actually do [laughter] in the program. >> Okay.
(1:34:16) So I think this is um a good answer to them. >> Yeah. >> So again thanks a lot for coming in. >> Thank you. >> And probably maybe in upcoming time we will again you know do us >> definitely we'll talk about something. Yeah something else again very different. >> Yeah. >> Yeah. >> Maybe your husband can join in. >> H no no [laughter] like 200 kilometers.
(1:34:36) Stay away from this. Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment