People Judge You in Seconds… Are You Aware? | Style Coach Chaitanya
Author Name:The Kalyan Chronicles
Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@TheKalyanChronicles
Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1VqSdstmUw
Title: People Judge You in Seconds… Are You Aware? | Style Coach Chaitanya
Author Name: The Kalyan Chronicles
Description: In today’s world, first impressions are formed within seconds — often before we even speak.
In this episode of The Kalyan Chronicles 🎙️, I sit down with Chaitanya (StyleChai) — an Image & Etiquette Coach — to explore how the way we present ourselves impacts confidence, opportunities, and personal growth.
This conversation goes beyond appearance and dives into:
• The importance of first impressions
• How to build confidence and presence
• Personal branding in real life
• Communication and body language
• Practical tips to improve how you carry yourself
If you’ve ever wondered how to present yourself better — this episode will give you clarity.
-
🎧 Watch till the end — small changes can make a big difference.
🔗 Connect with Chaitanya (StyleChai)
Instagram: / stylechai_ch
🚀 Follow The Kalyan Chronicles
YouTube: / @thekalyanchronicles
Instagram: / thekalyanchronicles
👤 Follow me (Kalyan K Bharath)
Instagram: / kalyankbharath
🙌 Support the channel
If you found value:
👉 Like
👉 Share
👉 Subscribe
📌 Hashtags
#TheKalyanChronicles #Podcast #PersonalBranding #Confidence #FirstImpression #StyleChai #Chaitanya #SelfGrowth #Communication #leadership
Transcript:
(00:00) What is style? Is only wearing the branded clothes? Wearing brands, people are looking like billboards. Depending on the color, how you look at it, people will judge you. >> Fairness looks more cleaner. Dark looks more People who look darker, bright colors they used to wear. What is the reason be? You go to any function or you are dressed use all the power.
(00:23) Glamorous outfit, they'll come to check out for who that babe is. When he started, his looks are different. When he took a photo of him Now he is different. >> Powerful image. Middle class families look grooming and they it's like expensive thing I'm going to do. My dress correct but happens. >> So what kind of profile picture about wanted to do? So if someone want to enter into the politics, want to show their authority by their image.
(00:55) He was in same dress. Need to dress according to you. He he wears very simple dress. He's got a very powerful image. Are they positive or negative? Hello Chaitanya welcome to the Kalyan Chronicles. Thank you so much for having me in Bharat. Before going into your profession, make one about your background, where are you basically from the education chapter? I grew up in a boarding school and he basically and got a business man is not empty family.
(01:23) Okay. >> And because of the lack of education in Kakinada, he put us in Bishop Cotton's Bangalore at from my UKG itself he put all four of us siblings. Okay. And then from Bangalore, he entered into politics at that point NTR time. Okay. >> So then I did we went to Delhi and I did my school in Modern School over there.
(01:43) >> Okay. >> And then after his term, I went to we came back to Chennai because Chennai we used to be the base in those days. Okay. >> So I did my graduation from Stella Maris College. Okay. >> And then when I got married, I came to Hyderabad that's in the year 98. >> Okay, so you can speak Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, and Hindi.
(02:02) Not Kannada, but I understand that language. Tamil I understand very well. Was it difficult? Yeah, and I can't read and write Telugu because I was always in boarding. Okay. All right. People are into many professions. Why image coach? Image consultant and the concept first in my life into what you mean. Is there any special reason or particular thing? >> Yeah, actually this when this industry started in 2010 and when I heard it I was fascinated and I was doing a lot of styling from in my own area. Okay. So image and then I had
(02:33) a very broad idea about it but I didn't know what the verticals were there in it. Okay. And when I started doing image consulting and we were the just a batch of five back then in 2011. Okay. When I discovered perception, what is image? It's a perception control of how you want to be seen by the world. Yes.
(02:56) When I discovered that and it it added so much value to my life because I was never understood not by the world but by my own family. Okay. By my own parents. Okay. Yes. You know, your own parents and siblings don't understand you. Yes. Because we we do not project the best version of ourselves in our homes. Exactly.
(03:23) >> We take them for granted and we're always showing them the naughtier, the mischievous side, all the lazy traits at home. >> be professional at home whether Correct, [laughter] because that's what is understood. >> Yes. So when I understood what are the facets that you need to project for the world to understand you Okay.
(03:41) and how you should project yourself because life is not full of second chances uh Yes. Bharat, we we save our best facets for the people we want to impress for the best situations and the rest of the time our facets are left unguarded. Facets and their personality is left unguarded. >> Okay. >> That's the time people are looking at you and forming an impression.
(04:03) When I understood this area, I said, "It changed my life." Okay. >> It changed the perception of how I looked at it. Okay. >> So, and that's when it became a passion for me because it helped me. And nowhere in school or colleges do anybody address anything like this. You wake up people tell you. Yes. Then I understood and I got a grip of this vertical in image consulting.
(04:30) An image consulting is a broad area where you have many many verticals like body language, you know, etiquettes, grooming, and you know, public speaking. They're different different verticals. Okay. >> So, image and the people used to say, "Oh, personality development." Yes, that is the only thing running actually. >> the in the raw language, it's personality development and I'm telling you, but it's a more refined, polished version because perception is a more finished It's a thin line. Okay.
(04:57) >> So, that area I became very passionate and that vertical is what I became my USP. Okay. >> When people come to So, basically first impression is the best impression and tell Always. So, being a image consultant, so by looking at the person, this dress is not suited for him. It landed beard style.
(05:16) Is he going to just put it on? On what basis you will decide that? The way you look. Okay. >> in control of how we are designed in nature. Okay. >> Okay? So, what is it that our features can be soft? Soft and the our voice can be soft. >> Yes. >> Our voice can be firm, Okay. >> loud. Our features can be sharp. Our jawlines can be sharp.
(05:39) Now, sharp and the empty assertive. Okay. Sharp and the firm. Look at the cut to just take over straight line just take empty. What are the cues when you can tell us take over straight line to >> It's firm. It's sturdy. It's stable. It has authority. Is what a straight line implies. Now, soft and the round. Round soft Soft and the You know, sweet, cute, humble, approachable.
(06:10) These are the different that with softness curved lines. Now, when we apply that in our visual appearance, either soft because of the soft features that we are designed. Or you have straight lines, which means firm. Or you might be a combination. Like, you know, you're more on the soft lines you're very soft in your voice.
(06:36) So, then I will use clothing to bring about other you have in nature. I'm using as a resource. Your hair, your grooming, your mustache, your beard, to bring in the sharp to make you structured and to look sharp. Okay. So, that is how I decide whether the attire or what is for you depending on the role and goal you're in. Okay. Yeah.
(07:05) Generally depending color look at it and the people you most look dark. So, dresses how look good you Always. See, color barrier certain for our Indian dusky skin. However, we look but you can overcome by grooming. By the right attire and being I observed people look darker bright sequins I saw many of the people. So, is there any factor See, I'll tell you what.
(07:39) Color becomes an issue when your dress and your grooming is not in place. Because you look more shabby. Okay. Fair going to be Okay, but the thing is fair is looks more cleaner. Dark looks more untidy and not kept. That's the thing. But it's all about grooming Kalyan. Color will not come into the picture when you're groomed well.
(08:12) Even body structure wise wise some people even some people due to health issues and still got time taking but so I don't know you going to help them to look >> See, we don't have body issues. We have fitting issues. Okay. When you don't find your fits, body becomes an issue. Okay, makes sense. >> Because we have XL, triple XL. When you're wearing the right clothes Okay.
(08:35) >> Kalyan and you are groomed, body image does not come into the picture. Yes. So basically if we go to any function or so your dress gives all the power. Absolutely, you're in control Yes. of yourself when you are well put together. A man is very confident, he speaks well. Right. But the dress wise he's not looking good.
(08:55) Normal dress is good. He's not dominating the thing. So how much percentage of the factor this will play? See, I'll tell you what. On your most important day Okay. >> What happens? You become self-conscious. Okay. When you're self-conscious Conscious >> to show. Your confidence is not there. It's there but you're trying to manage yourself. Okay.
(09:17) It could have occurred body language tells both because you're conscious. If you see people like he was in same dress wearing the same dress man very rare cases if we go to foreign or any meetings Right. I don't think I've seen this [laughter] So politician white is cotton what is the reason behind white and they are wearing linen or cotton starched they're all wearing straight lines. Okay.
(09:50) White is a neutral peaceful color. Okay. And starched and the empty structure. Okay. So already Mr. Chandrababu Naidu garu is wearing starched clothes. Okay. So it means structure which is suit has. Okay. And he's got the height. Height is structure. Okay. It's authority. He is lean. That's slim and lean is structure again. It is authority again.
(10:13) His clothes are structured. He's got height which is structured. So he's running on the straight lines. Okay. So everything is authority and structure. So basically uh He's my friend and then we move you can learn the one that we used to travel coming here there. Right. So I could have made it and then no one cares which kind of dress you wear.
(10:32) So there would jacket is going to come some normal shoes we wear no one Right. going to judge us. You got to go to we should be very cautious. It land dress is going to my brother is calling me and my dad I can dress it will follow Naga Chaitanya first weight the Google lose weight and then comments are coming.
(10:47) When you compare the mindset Indian mindset key foreign mindset key why we are designed like that and then I don't think it's about foreign mindset or Indian mindset. It's about see it is about body image. Wherever you go the body image is there. For us we rely on our outer layers for validation. Yes. When I appreciate how I look and the way I walk can be seen we get appreciation.
(11:09) >> Yes. We get compliments. Yes. So I could have anything weight to grooming. Okay. But it's not about a suit and boot. Yes. Yes. You can carry any clothes. >> Yes. The minute you're not in shape you need to rely on clothing to present yourself. Weight and I tell the clothes and I can fit it like this. >> Yes.
(11:32) You only stand to gain. Exactly. The whole idea is that. Generally when it comes to basic my understanding is What is the requirement of See actually I do for CISF that's a central industrial security force. Okay. They are the people in the airports and with the ministers and prime minister. Okay. So I do fine dining for them. Okay.
(12:05) When they are placed in with the ministries or the prime minister and they go dining they are seated behind. Okay. Okay. Fine dining is a silent code of communication. We don't talk. We are only focusing on important meetings and conversations. >> Exactly. The wait staff already know So these people need to know that because they need to dine along with the important Okay.
(12:39) >> officials. Okay. So that's what I do. Yeah. And I also do dress etiquette for them. We put on police officer and all they wearing those uniforms. They are clean and they are trim and everything is there. But they do not know what those uniforms signifies. Okay. >> The straight lines, those flaps, those structured collars. Okay.
(13:00) Why do they need it? Why do they need to tuck in their shirt? Yes. They can leave it out like everybody like being cool though. Yeah. What does the boot signify? And while flat shoes is good there's a little amount of heel. Yes. What does it do to your body language? You know how it helps you hold yourself you know tall Okay.
(13:19) >> and firm. [clears throat] It's because of that heel in that boot. Okay. That small little wedge in that boot. Okay. So what does a straight line mean? You know what I mean? Straight lines means structure. Straight lines means authority. Okay. What did Mr. Poor Hitler do? I mean they would have to pick him up. I don't know.
(13:34) I don't know. I don't know. How did he How were the world scared of looking at Mr. Hitler? Yeah. Because of the double-breasted blazers, his body language, he stood firm, and he was a terror. Okay. How did it happen? Yes. No one cares. Can a policeman have authority if he wore a regular shirt and shorts? Yes.
(13:54) >> Or a regular baggy pants? So, do you understand what the lines in a uniform signify? So, that's what I communicate and I teach. Okay. Yeah, can you tell us that story? I do for visually impaired. That was for Ashray Akruti. Okay. So, they all learn with sign languages. Okay. I teach the same thing.
(14:19) Why do they need to be seen and dressed in a certain way? We taught them in a sign language. No, no. I was teaching them, and I had someone to Okay. >> presentation is all visuals. Okay. Makes sense. Visuals, you understand faster than theory. So, I have the same PowerPoint I show them. Yeah. And while they are chatting, they will sign language so they would communicate, appreciate.
(14:41) So, I understood the basics. Okay. >> And plus, I had another guide who translated. So, the learning never stops. The idea is to reach out to everybody. Okay. So, I would do it like every year I would want to do this service to the society. >> personal goal to meet the demand of the people. >> I'm into Bhagavad Gita and Upanishads big time. Okay.
(14:59) >> So, that is why whether it's for the police, I mean, they are laying down their lives for the country. Yeah. So, this has been like a service for me. I got into it, and after that, I've never questioned. While they have to phone just now, I'm there. Okay. >> And then, for the visually impaired with Miss Akshaya Akruti, I tied up.
(15:15) So, I did it for them. So, I like anything with the visually impaired, especially needs everyone watching now, I'm like that. You're there. Super. Because you're creating a difference in their lives. Yes. And why not? Yes. She had a challenge and then she went for the show as Mrs. India. As in Mrs. India. Mrs. India. Rebecca Verghese.
(15:38) Yeah, when she went also we helped her. Because she had multiple sclerosis. She was suffering from this syndrome. And then we helped her with our guidance and whatever we could do for her. And she went and won some title and she had come back and that's when we were featured in Enadu and Yes. So basically by looking at the person you can judge his psychology and I what kind of dress he wear generally when it comes to the film stars people like actors like Naga Chaitanya.
(16:07) So can you speak about his dressing style and all even No, he's such a petite star, but he dresses so well. He's so refined and polished and he maintains his physique also very well. A very stylish star. Even Sandeep Reddy Vanga told in one of the audio functions Animal movie Naga Chaitanya you see design and Very very stylish.
(16:30) And his confidence also is amazing. Which is nice to learn, you know. So if someone want to enter into the politics general terms like they don't want to hire any image consultant. If they want to show their authority by their image and they what is the advice you going to give them? See again I will look at their physique. Okay. Their height. Okay.
(16:50) Their features. Okay. And then their communication and according to that I would give them their dressing whether to dress them up >> Okay. or just to do minimal changes. Again their grooming, their sideburns, their mush, their beard, their hairstyle. All that will depend on how they look and when they talk how authoritative they can sound. Okay.
(17:13) >> According to that I will give them their cues in dressing. So generally challan money dresses brands and they Rather than what suits them better. They will go for the brands. So if you wear See I'll tell you what has happened. Earlier we would want to look stylish. Today the concept has changed. Style means wearing brands.
(17:43) But style is actually saying I have arrived. I am wealthy. I can afford it and I have arrived. So people by wearing brands are looking not everybody. When you don't have your uh personal style in it, you look like a billboard. Okay. Okay, billboard 18 is screaming and shouting about brands. Yeah. Where are you in it? So it doesn't represent you.
(18:08) You're just showcasing you the brand. You're just showcasing wealth. Yeah. You're saying I have arrived. It's a very thin line in looking stylish while wearing the brands and just wearing for the sake of it. Yeah. But it doesn't matter because the concept of style today is being rich. Yes. Yes. It has changed. Yes. Okay.
(18:34) Yes. [clears throat] Yes. So because that is recognition today. Yes. Money is always become the only tool to be recognized. Yes. So generally by looking at the shoes we can judge who who you are generally I read somewhere how important uh and better shoes and watch wearing watch. See because people give focus to I mean watch uh accessories have caught up a lot today.
(19:02) Okay. You're basically when you give attention to the finer details. Okay. Okay. Glasses, your shoes. That means your attention to details means you are good. Yes. So, we'll go back again. We'll speak about the Vijay Deverakonda. Generally Vijay Deverakonda, when he started his looks are different.
(19:24) Pelli Choopulu time la, now he's different. Rowdy brand and all he has done. So, if being a image consultant, if I ask you to speak about him and all. I think Vijay Deverakonda was always he stood out because he was a very stylish star and he did justice to whatever lover boy image and then he was that rowdy which was again was going in sync with his movies.
(19:47) And look at his latest pictures about his marriage. What a powerful image he created for himself. >> Yes. Rashmika is the most successful star than him as of now. >> Yes. Yes. But it was only Vijay Deverakonda and it was not about him wearing jewelry. What was the image he created of a prince? Handsome young prince marrying his his girlfriend or his lover.
(20:12) And Rashmika was so beautiful. She was so underplayed but the only emotion you saw with Rashmika was about being in love. Okay. >> And he projected himself like a true young handsome prince. Prince and all. Who's in control? Who's powerful? >> Yes. And every detailing, his hair, his clothes, his jewelry, his body was chiseled.
(20:38) Everything aligned with the image of being a powerful young handsome prince. How many grooms have you seen No. doing that? It was not the jewelry. >> Yes. Of course, he created a sensation of wearing jewelry but it got aligned with the image that he's so powerful and it overtook Rashmika's Yes. >> success at that point. >> Yes. True. >> So, what a fabulous image he adorned.
(21:01) And if you are fit, look good, what kind of dress we wear, it will suit us. >> It will only enhance us because the packaging is already there inside. You're only covering it layer, which will anyhow look good. See, when you're fit, any clothes will look good on you. We'll speak about Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy garu.
(21:20) So, what is your comments on him? Like his dressing, he wears very simple dress. See, he wears that pant and shirt. It's already aligned in the country. He's already created headlines for different other reasons. >> Yes. He's got a very powerful image. Are they positive or negative? He's already created a fierce image. So, he only has to dress simple, because at any point that image will not come down.
(21:45) So, he has to neutralize it. So, he has to do it in his appearance. Yes. Generally, middle class families look grooming and they it's a expensive thing and is it really true? Not at all. If you the same slippers, it's not the price. It is knowing the right style. Generally, grooming just enough to go to another two chatting and no chatting and talking and chatting and simple people and all. Mhm.
(22:11) Don't misuse the word simple. Simple is not being poor and untidy and messy. Okay. Yeah. Okay. Okay. Simple is not dirty. Yes. Simple is not unruly. Simple is not unkempt. Don't abuse the word simple.
(22:59) Have respect for the word simple. Okay. If you compare men and women, women will focus more and they to look better, dress better. The girls are more well-groomed compared to men. I do not know why that has come. Yeah. But that has also come from the lack of awareness. See, what happened is '90s, 2000 but they are good though.
(23:21) Mhm. The American Today we're only following the American culture. Mhm. An American culture brought the messiness. Jeans, t-shirt, ruffled hairs, messy hairs and Okay. See, be messy hair, but have your clothes in place. Okay. Messy is not dirty. Okay. Stylishly be messy. Okay. >> Don't be dirtily messy. Generally some people will have uh curly hairs and they got a men key.
(23:51) Can you, being a image consultant, is it okay to be a working professional having the curly hair? Mr. Vijay Deverakonda and Zakir Hussain, all of them who played the tabla, they had the curly hair. Yeah. But they were never dirty. They were never messy. Everything is in place. Only the hair is curly. Yeah. And in fact, curly hair Vijay Deverakonda so beautifully in one of the movies in between, Yeah.
(24:14) he had all that curly hair, but he looked great. Yeah. Tiger Shroff had that hair. Yes. >> He never looked dirty. Yeah. See, it's a style. Curly hair cannot be considered messy. Okay. Okay. Okay. Yeah. You understand? You're adding on to the unruliness Okay. >> rest of your dressing. Okay. These days digital presence matter a bunch of everyone is focusing on their Instagram presence, Facebook presence, even LinkedIn presence.
(24:52) So, what kind of profile picture and they don't profile picture but couldn't be on today. Make you yet that can pinch out of any mirror of a bunch of women >> Okay. Okay. [clears throat] Okay. Okay. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. >> [clears throat] >> Okay. Okay. Yes.
(25:39) Yeah. Yeah. Right. It's Yeah. Can we believe that? Yes. Yes. Yes. See, you can take Yeah. Yes.
(26:25) Yes. Right. Okay. Yeah. Okay. Yeah. It's like that. I heard about your story and then like CBN got released and then you got surgery and you were there. Can you tell us about that story? What happened exactly? Yeah, I had a hysterectomy done and I think it was the third day after I
(27:11) went home. One of my friend called me saying that let's CBN is in jail. I think for some health I don't remember for some health he was coming back. They were flying him to Hyderabad Begumpet Airport. That was in October I think. So that's when we said let's go meet him CBN in the I said no, let's go let's go to the airport because this is the city he built Hyderabad.
(27:37) So it's it's an emotional thing that he's coming back to the city. I think we should be over there and receive him in person and you know, because it's a very emotional moment and we all should be there in numbers is what I said and we went to the Begumpet Airport, but trust me that day but forget about my surgery and how I was feeling last minute line watching up through gate open just said and he had a police and everyone else stampede.
(28:07) That was the first time I realized how you can die in a stampede because you're not in control. Okay. I don't know how we all survived and Okay. how we got out it was a very scary moment and that's what I understood what stampede can be. Okay. And I think that's the time my family gave me a warning that you know, first of all hysterectomy I I was standing over there on the third day Okay.
(28:37) they were they were like CBN got released many admirers and many people for him, but we have only you what >> [laughter] >> Okay. See but it was an emotional thing and you don't expect all this to happen, but it was it was so nice to see Chandrababu Naidu at that point. Being welcomed to the city and all. Yeah, basically you are attending many events I'm following from long back on Instagram and all.
(29:07) So meeting people. Yeah. If you find someone they did not dress well being an image consultant directly and you will feel like telling them. See, I'll tell you Bharat it's a very sensitive area. Okay. You can never tell anybody anything negative. But in fact, I'm one of the persons who I see there are many I tend to recognize things that are working in people.
(29:32) I'm always appreciating people in different aspects of them. Okay. Today you might have you're very positive. So I will compliment you and say there's so much of energy you're giving us today. So I'll I'll say wow, thank you for this energy. >> Okay. So I'm only trying to spread positivity. I never see you never tell anybody anything negative until they ask you or pay you for that service.
(29:55) If something is going wrong. No, no, I understand where you're coming, but Okay. Before I became an image consultant, I knew everything about fits, how to stitch clothes and I would go tell my friends that you're wearing the wrong fit. Okay. Because they would buy better. Okay. And then and then they all used to get angry and they start bitching about me.
(30:22) So I used to tell them one day you'll pay me >> [laughter] >> Okay. See, it was a very wanting to do good. I used to tell them you're wearing the wrong fit. >> Okay. >> They used to get angry. So ever since I became an image consultant, you know a lot more. But your your profession is your profession and you must never say anything negative.
(30:41) How much you charge your if you are okay? >> To be very honest, I'm not cheap, for sure. I come with the price. You want my service. See, that is why I don't I used to do a lot of individuals. I don't take up individuals anymore. I only do corporates and I only want to do organizations because it should be worth my time. Okay.
(31:01) And the money is there only in organization and corporates. So, in Instagram also, because my real real went viral to 2.1 million So, my Instagram was bombarded and a lot of them individuals. So, I politely I miss I reply to every message until I know it's a fake profile. Okay. [laughter] Zero followers, I mean zero posts and zero fake profiles, but I have reached out to everybody and I think that's how I mean I reached out to you.
(31:30) Yeah, I told them I'm sorry I don't do individuals. Okay. Because individuals don't work, they negotiate with me and I'm not I'm not here at 15 years of experience where you negotiate with me. Okay. Generally, if you're telling organizational training and so, what kind of trainings and what exactly you do? >> No, no, I do I do this etiquettes.
(31:50) Etiquettes, the dress etiquettes, the see, people want business etiquettes, dress etiquettes, grooming. What is all this? Okay. Projection control, perception control, how your organization should be projected. It's all about building an an image for yourself, right? Everybody wants to build a brand. Okay.
(32:11) Saying this is Chaitanya, this is Bharat or this is whatever Okay. whatever it is. How do you bring your employees build the image of your company? Yes, yes. Your sales people are the face of the company. If I don't like your sales, how they are your salesmen pitching it, I'm not even going to look at you.
(32:29) There will be some representative coming who's the face of your company. It can be a CEO, it can be a manager, it can be anybody. Okay. If there's something disturbing or distracting about them, I'm not going to go beyond it, right? >> Okay. So, that's where I come into the Uh how this name Style Chai came into the Why you want to name like that? Yeah, it was very interesting.
(32:50) My website initially when image consulting started, we had to create a website. So, I was looking at names for them. And my friend who said, "You do styling." Okay. So, take style and half of your name Chaitanya, Chai. >> Yeah. Yeah. So, Style Chai. Okay. That's how it came. All right. So, yeah. Yeah. And a common man, what kind of dress he should wear? See, you can back in the day, Bharat Okay.
(33:18) There was respect to every profession. >> He used to wear it. There was a respect in every profession because it's not what you wear, it is how you wear it. Okay. Okay. Are you neat and clean in your attire? Okay. Suit and boot came because of the British influence, the American's influence. Yeah.
(33:54) You don't have to wear a suit and boot. Okay. You wear your clothes neat and clean. Okay. That looks neat. That should look neat. Okay. They're all disturbing areas. >> Okay. Okay. Neat, simple lines is what we say is called grooming. Okay. Who can do it? Yeah. Almost 15 years in this image consulting industry. Right.
(34:30) Is this your journey is a cakewalk and then the proper way of doing that ups and downs? See, I'll tell you to be very honest, coming from a secure background is a disadvantage because you don't know what to tell these. Okay. >> Back then and you have everything. Okay. Secure family, secure home. You don't have to worry about anything.
(34:48) You don't have to work. So, you don't know how to move or tell these. Okay. You do your work and then you go there and do it and come back home. Okay. You need to network. You don't know. Okay. Like I was doing CISF for what? So many years now. Okay. I didn't know how to talk to the director and meet him. I didn't know anything.
(35:05) I would go there and come back. They would say it's fabulous and then I'd shake hands and then I'd come back home. Okay. Till today, at the airport, you know, having done that, everybody has people over there receiving them, going as long as I'm in contact. I don't tell you to. Okay. Because your life I So, had I known what networking was back then, I wouldn't have wasted I would have grown much more. Okay.
(35:28) I have to project myself. I have to do this and tell these because I always saw important people in my life. Okay. I didn't know that I'm going to be then you would know how to navigate. I knew that now. Okay. >> You need to reach out. It's not enough of you being just talented. You should know how to move your talent.
(35:47) For that, you need to reach out. Exactly. >> I learned that now. So, we're building network and then I got it. I was asking this question to many people and then generally personal life below. So, I know many people and then high profile people tell them also. Oh. So, to maintain the constant network and then consistent network maintain jail and then angel.
(36:06) And then you know my example. So, I message you once we know each other. Right. >> To maintain the consistent network. Networking you can't intrude and keep putting messages. That seems like an intruder. With dignity you need to do. Yes. Suppose. Okay. Post like share to appreciating is networking. Yes. When you meet them, going out of your way and saying a hello, asking how they are doing is networking dignified. Yeah.
(36:35) Again, there is a very thin line. Yeah. You know, That is you know, again, there's a there are barriers for it. >> Yeah. So, you will come across as one of those despos. Yeah. And they yeah, trying to become close. Fast. So, again, it's again how you want to project yourself. Yeah. Being a woman and successful is not that easy. Yeah.
(37:04) So, did you face any challenges or is that Yeah, you need to maskify your elders. You need to be very sweet to them. But, I always as I told you, I just did my work and went home. But, the guy fast guy grow up way not not headaches at all because I maintain my boundaries very clear.
(37:24) In fact, people were scared of me. Okay. [snorts] >> [laughter] >> Which was okay. See, >> Okay. I don't care for growth, but I should not have headaches in life was my policy. Super. I'm I'm going out of my house to do something, but my rule was I cannot come back to my house with headaches. That was a very strict rule I had for myself.
(37:44) So, luckily, I never had any headaches in my work. >> How you upgrade yourself because fashion trend and update at home so how do you upgrade yourself? I think it's all over in your face and it because of Instagram. Today, Instagram has become the main source for everything. Okay. And movies and Instagram. Okay.
(38:04) So, again, what see, I'm not a movie stylist. Okay. >> That I need to be there. I have the general people who are not very bold. Okay. Who are not very experimental. Mhm. So, I still [clears throat] have my parameters Mhm. set because I know what it is. Okay. Uh generally, what is style? Is only wearing the branded clothes? Today your style has been redefined.
(38:27) It's only about wearing brands because wearing brands means saying I have wealth. I have arrived. Are these suit out or not concept of wearing? Okay. >> People anybody who wears brands are considered wealthy. Style means wealth. But wearing brands, people are looking like billboards. Okay. The brand has to be a part of who you are. Exactly.
(38:53) It can't stand out. The minute it stands out, you look like a billboard. Okay. >> But I do good at all of that and good at everything that I do. I don't know anything about brands and what you do. You do good at everything that you do. People are only 90% of them are only giving value to wealth because wealth has become the number one common factor that everybody wants to get. Yes.
(39:14) >> Everything else has become lesser. Yes. Being image consultant, everyone in the politician matter of them would take any example by imagining his dressing style, by showing his dressing style and you want to matter of them would take Look it up. Look it up. Our Prime Minister, Mr. Modi. >> Okay.
(39:32) He's a perfect example of what image is all about. I need a dressing and I need Okay. I I want to know what is the culture and I want to know what is the Have you seen such a progressive person like our Mr. Mr. Modi? Yeah. Tell me. He has won everything and how well he has managed projecting himself. Yeah. With this I want to know what kind of dressing is good.
(39:59) >> Yeah. Which Prime Minister has done what Mr. Narendra Modi has done? No one does. And what is there in attire? And it's everything. People relate to you with your attire. >> Exactly. I think I want to know what kind of dressing I do corporate. Now I workshop where am I going? Who is my audience? I want to know what is I wear my attire. Okay.
(40:29) Okay. I can't wear a corporate suit. Okay. Yeah. Okay. Yes. Yes. And if I go to the corporates wearing some glamorous outfit Yeah. Exactly. They'll come to check out who that girl is or who that babe is. Corporate language. So, if I want to be seen, I have to communicate with my clothing first and then I'll be heard.
(41:00) If I'm in sync with how the audience is. Yeah. I will be dressed more friendly. Okay. So, that they can hear. You know very well what to dress. Exactly. You need to dress according to your audience. One outfit doesn't work. Yeah. And this is exactly what our Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been doing. Yeah. And that's what it is.
(41:23) Clothing is a very important source of communication. Yeah. Okay. So, do you believe in the concept called law of attraction? See, I'll tell you Andy. I'm totally into spirituality. Okay. When you understand spirituality and when you know what Upanishads are, the soul's journey, all this has no you go above all these Mhm. Okay.
(41:50) philosophies and attraction and all that. All that is for the common man and for the common level to understand. Okay. I have studied things beyond that. Do your duty and that's all that matters. Okay. And of course, what happens law of attraction is nothing but energy. Okay. The energy you carry is what the other people will feel.
(42:12) Then I get a conscious go kitchen and I'm going to meet the spot that he and that's what you'll feel from me. >> Yes. If I'm very chirpy and laughing and smiling, how will you enjoy me? You'll also feel that energy. So, that is what law of attraction is. Yeah. What you give is what you get on to the that's good so basically it is that it is the energy you're radiating.
(42:35) So, spirituality and this image consultant are two different parts and Definitely not. >> Yeah, definitely not now. See, I'll tell you what spirituality is the approach Okay. >> to life. Okay. And image is a packaging of You combine it. How you look >> Okay. is how the world is going to judge you but Okay. >> and me.
(42:58) So, when if you're a spiritual person, you don't care what you what people judge about me just I am a spiritual person. >> See, you have to do your duties. Me, I don't know what you need me to talk to you later. Okay. If you want to be in the society and if you have a role to play over there like an anchor you're doing.
(43:15) But it has to be seen in a certain way if his reels have to go viral. You need to be heard in a certain way if your podcast have to reach. Yes. Okay. Yes. >> But here you are in a different path. Okay. >> So, you have to look the part. Okay. Playing the role of an image consultant so I might as well I have to be seen in a certain way if I want people to look up to me.
(43:46) They will hear what I'm saying and they will not see how I look. Okay. >> different roles. Okay. >> It's like you're baking a cake or you're doing a cooking recipe. Yeah. True, true. Okay. Superb. It was nice talking to you. Thank you so much for your time. Thank you, but thank you. Enjoyed being here. >> Yeah.
Author Name:The Kalyan Chronicles
Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@TheKalyanChronicles
Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1VqSdstmUw
Title: People Judge You in Seconds… Are You Aware? | Style Coach Chaitanya
Author Name: The Kalyan Chronicles
Description: In today’s world, first impressions are formed within seconds — often before we even speak.
In this episode of The Kalyan Chronicles 🎙️, I sit down with Chaitanya (StyleChai) — an Image & Etiquette Coach — to explore how the way we present ourselves impacts confidence, opportunities, and personal growth.
This conversation goes beyond appearance and dives into:
• The importance of first impressions
• How to build confidence and presence
• Personal branding in real life
• Communication and body language
• Practical tips to improve how you carry yourself
If you’ve ever wondered how to present yourself better — this episode will give you clarity.
-
🎧 Watch till the end — small changes can make a big difference.
🔗 Connect with Chaitanya (StyleChai)
Instagram: / stylechai_ch
🚀 Follow The Kalyan Chronicles
YouTube: / @thekalyanchronicles
Instagram: / thekalyanchronicles
👤 Follow me (Kalyan K Bharath)
Instagram: / kalyankbharath
🙌 Support the channel
If you found value:
👉 Like
👉 Share
👉 Subscribe
📌 Hashtags
#TheKalyanChronicles #Podcast #PersonalBranding #Confidence #FirstImpression #StyleChai #Chaitanya #SelfGrowth #Communication #leadership
Transcript:
(00:00) What is style? Is only wearing the branded clothes? Wearing brands, people are looking like billboards. Depending on the color, how you look at it, people will judge you. >> Fairness looks more cleaner. Dark looks more People who look darker, bright colors they used to wear. What is the reason be? You go to any function or you are dressed use all the power.
(00:23) Glamorous outfit, they'll come to check out for who that babe is. When he started, his looks are different. When he took a photo of him Now he is different. >> Powerful image. Middle class families look grooming and they it's like expensive thing I'm going to do. My dress correct but happens. >> So what kind of profile picture about wanted to do? So if someone want to enter into the politics, want to show their authority by their image.
(00:55) He was in same dress. Need to dress according to you. He he wears very simple dress. He's got a very powerful image. Are they positive or negative? Hello Chaitanya welcome to the Kalyan Chronicles. Thank you so much for having me in Bharat. Before going into your profession, make one about your background, where are you basically from the education chapter? I grew up in a boarding school and he basically and got a business man is not empty family.
(01:23) Okay. >> And because of the lack of education in Kakinada, he put us in Bishop Cotton's Bangalore at from my UKG itself he put all four of us siblings. Okay. And then from Bangalore, he entered into politics at that point NTR time. Okay. >> So then I did we went to Delhi and I did my school in Modern School over there.
(01:43) >> Okay. >> And then after his term, I went to we came back to Chennai because Chennai we used to be the base in those days. Okay. >> So I did my graduation from Stella Maris College. Okay. >> And then when I got married, I came to Hyderabad that's in the year 98. >> Okay, so you can speak Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, and Hindi.
(02:02) Not Kannada, but I understand that language. Tamil I understand very well. Was it difficult? Yeah, and I can't read and write Telugu because I was always in boarding. Okay. All right. People are into many professions. Why image coach? Image consultant and the concept first in my life into what you mean. Is there any special reason or particular thing? >> Yeah, actually this when this industry started in 2010 and when I heard it I was fascinated and I was doing a lot of styling from in my own area. Okay. So image and then I had
(02:33) a very broad idea about it but I didn't know what the verticals were there in it. Okay. And when I started doing image consulting and we were the just a batch of five back then in 2011. Okay. When I discovered perception, what is image? It's a perception control of how you want to be seen by the world. Yes.
(02:56) When I discovered that and it it added so much value to my life because I was never understood not by the world but by my own family. Okay. By my own parents. Okay. Yes. You know, your own parents and siblings don't understand you. Yes. Because we we do not project the best version of ourselves in our homes. Exactly.
(03:23) >> We take them for granted and we're always showing them the naughtier, the mischievous side, all the lazy traits at home. >> be professional at home whether Correct, [laughter] because that's what is understood. >> Yes. So when I understood what are the facets that you need to project for the world to understand you Okay.
(03:41) and how you should project yourself because life is not full of second chances uh Yes. Bharat, we we save our best facets for the people we want to impress for the best situations and the rest of the time our facets are left unguarded. Facets and their personality is left unguarded. >> Okay. >> That's the time people are looking at you and forming an impression.
(04:03) When I understood this area, I said, "It changed my life." Okay. >> It changed the perception of how I looked at it. Okay. >> So, and that's when it became a passion for me because it helped me. And nowhere in school or colleges do anybody address anything like this. You wake up people tell you. Yes. Then I understood and I got a grip of this vertical in image consulting.
(04:30) An image consulting is a broad area where you have many many verticals like body language, you know, etiquettes, grooming, and you know, public speaking. They're different different verticals. Okay. >> So, image and the people used to say, "Oh, personality development." Yes, that is the only thing running actually. >> the in the raw language, it's personality development and I'm telling you, but it's a more refined, polished version because perception is a more finished It's a thin line. Okay.
(04:57) >> So, that area I became very passionate and that vertical is what I became my USP. Okay. >> When people come to So, basically first impression is the best impression and tell Always. So, being a image consultant, so by looking at the person, this dress is not suited for him. It landed beard style.
(05:16) Is he going to just put it on? On what basis you will decide that? The way you look. Okay. >> in control of how we are designed in nature. Okay. >> Okay? So, what is it that our features can be soft? Soft and the our voice can be soft. >> Yes. >> Our voice can be firm, Okay. >> loud. Our features can be sharp. Our jawlines can be sharp.
(05:39) Now, sharp and the empty assertive. Okay. Sharp and the firm. Look at the cut to just take over straight line just take empty. What are the cues when you can tell us take over straight line to >> It's firm. It's sturdy. It's stable. It has authority. Is what a straight line implies. Now, soft and the round. Round soft Soft and the You know, sweet, cute, humble, approachable.
(06:10) These are the different that with softness curved lines. Now, when we apply that in our visual appearance, either soft because of the soft features that we are designed. Or you have straight lines, which means firm. Or you might be a combination. Like, you know, you're more on the soft lines you're very soft in your voice.
(06:36) So, then I will use clothing to bring about other you have in nature. I'm using as a resource. Your hair, your grooming, your mustache, your beard, to bring in the sharp to make you structured and to look sharp. Okay. So, that is how I decide whether the attire or what is for you depending on the role and goal you're in. Okay. Yeah.
(07:05) Generally depending color look at it and the people you most look dark. So, dresses how look good you Always. See, color barrier certain for our Indian dusky skin. However, we look but you can overcome by grooming. By the right attire and being I observed people look darker bright sequins I saw many of the people. So, is there any factor See, I'll tell you what.
(07:39) Color becomes an issue when your dress and your grooming is not in place. Because you look more shabby. Okay. Fair going to be Okay, but the thing is fair is looks more cleaner. Dark looks more untidy and not kept. That's the thing. But it's all about grooming Kalyan. Color will not come into the picture when you're groomed well.
(08:12) Even body structure wise wise some people even some people due to health issues and still got time taking but so I don't know you going to help them to look >> See, we don't have body issues. We have fitting issues. Okay. When you don't find your fits, body becomes an issue. Okay, makes sense. >> Because we have XL, triple XL. When you're wearing the right clothes Okay.
(08:35) >> Kalyan and you are groomed, body image does not come into the picture. Yes. So basically if we go to any function or so your dress gives all the power. Absolutely, you're in control Yes. of yourself when you are well put together. A man is very confident, he speaks well. Right. But the dress wise he's not looking good.
(08:55) Normal dress is good. He's not dominating the thing. So how much percentage of the factor this will play? See, I'll tell you what. On your most important day Okay. >> What happens? You become self-conscious. Okay. When you're self-conscious Conscious >> to show. Your confidence is not there. It's there but you're trying to manage yourself. Okay.
(09:17) It could have occurred body language tells both because you're conscious. If you see people like he was in same dress wearing the same dress man very rare cases if we go to foreign or any meetings Right. I don't think I've seen this [laughter] So politician white is cotton what is the reason behind white and they are wearing linen or cotton starched they're all wearing straight lines. Okay.
(09:50) White is a neutral peaceful color. Okay. And starched and the empty structure. Okay. So already Mr. Chandrababu Naidu garu is wearing starched clothes. Okay. So it means structure which is suit has. Okay. And he's got the height. Height is structure. Okay. It's authority. He is lean. That's slim and lean is structure again. It is authority again.
(10:13) His clothes are structured. He's got height which is structured. So he's running on the straight lines. Okay. So everything is authority and structure. So basically uh He's my friend and then we move you can learn the one that we used to travel coming here there. Right. So I could have made it and then no one cares which kind of dress you wear.
(10:32) So there would jacket is going to come some normal shoes we wear no one Right. going to judge us. You got to go to we should be very cautious. It land dress is going to my brother is calling me and my dad I can dress it will follow Naga Chaitanya first weight the Google lose weight and then comments are coming.
(10:47) When you compare the mindset Indian mindset key foreign mindset key why we are designed like that and then I don't think it's about foreign mindset or Indian mindset. It's about see it is about body image. Wherever you go the body image is there. For us we rely on our outer layers for validation. Yes. When I appreciate how I look and the way I walk can be seen we get appreciation.
(11:09) >> Yes. We get compliments. Yes. So I could have anything weight to grooming. Okay. But it's not about a suit and boot. Yes. Yes. You can carry any clothes. >> Yes. The minute you're not in shape you need to rely on clothing to present yourself. Weight and I tell the clothes and I can fit it like this. >> Yes.
(11:32) You only stand to gain. Exactly. The whole idea is that. Generally when it comes to basic my understanding is What is the requirement of See actually I do for CISF that's a central industrial security force. Okay. They are the people in the airports and with the ministers and prime minister. Okay. So I do fine dining for them. Okay.
(12:05) When they are placed in with the ministries or the prime minister and they go dining they are seated behind. Okay. Okay. Fine dining is a silent code of communication. We don't talk. We are only focusing on important meetings and conversations. >> Exactly. The wait staff already know So these people need to know that because they need to dine along with the important Okay.
(12:39) >> officials. Okay. So that's what I do. Yeah. And I also do dress etiquette for them. We put on police officer and all they wearing those uniforms. They are clean and they are trim and everything is there. But they do not know what those uniforms signifies. Okay. >> The straight lines, those flaps, those structured collars. Okay.
(13:00) Why do they need it? Why do they need to tuck in their shirt? Yes. They can leave it out like everybody like being cool though. Yeah. What does the boot signify? And while flat shoes is good there's a little amount of heel. Yes. What does it do to your body language? You know how it helps you hold yourself you know tall Okay.
(13:19) >> and firm. [clears throat] It's because of that heel in that boot. Okay. That small little wedge in that boot. Okay. So what does a straight line mean? You know what I mean? Straight lines means structure. Straight lines means authority. Okay. What did Mr. Poor Hitler do? I mean they would have to pick him up. I don't know.
(13:34) I don't know. I don't know. How did he How were the world scared of looking at Mr. Hitler? Yeah. Because of the double-breasted blazers, his body language, he stood firm, and he was a terror. Okay. How did it happen? Yes. No one cares. Can a policeman have authority if he wore a regular shirt and shorts? Yes.
(13:54) >> Or a regular baggy pants? So, do you understand what the lines in a uniform signify? So, that's what I communicate and I teach. Okay. Yeah, can you tell us that story? I do for visually impaired. That was for Ashray Akruti. Okay. So, they all learn with sign languages. Okay. I teach the same thing.
(14:19) Why do they need to be seen and dressed in a certain way? We taught them in a sign language. No, no. I was teaching them, and I had someone to Okay. >> presentation is all visuals. Okay. Makes sense. Visuals, you understand faster than theory. So, I have the same PowerPoint I show them. Yeah. And while they are chatting, they will sign language so they would communicate, appreciate.
(14:41) So, I understood the basics. Okay. >> And plus, I had another guide who translated. So, the learning never stops. The idea is to reach out to everybody. Okay. So, I would do it like every year I would want to do this service to the society. >> personal goal to meet the demand of the people. >> I'm into Bhagavad Gita and Upanishads big time. Okay.
(14:59) >> So, that is why whether it's for the police, I mean, they are laying down their lives for the country. Yeah. So, this has been like a service for me. I got into it, and after that, I've never questioned. While they have to phone just now, I'm there. Okay. >> And then, for the visually impaired with Miss Akshaya Akruti, I tied up.
(15:15) So, I did it for them. So, I like anything with the visually impaired, especially needs everyone watching now, I'm like that. You're there. Super. Because you're creating a difference in their lives. Yes. And why not? Yes. She had a challenge and then she went for the show as Mrs. India. As in Mrs. India. Mrs. India. Rebecca Verghese.
(15:38) Yeah, when she went also we helped her. Because she had multiple sclerosis. She was suffering from this syndrome. And then we helped her with our guidance and whatever we could do for her. And she went and won some title and she had come back and that's when we were featured in Enadu and Yes. So basically by looking at the person you can judge his psychology and I what kind of dress he wear generally when it comes to the film stars people like actors like Naga Chaitanya.
(16:07) So can you speak about his dressing style and all even No, he's such a petite star, but he dresses so well. He's so refined and polished and he maintains his physique also very well. A very stylish star. Even Sandeep Reddy Vanga told in one of the audio functions Animal movie Naga Chaitanya you see design and Very very stylish.
(16:30) And his confidence also is amazing. Which is nice to learn, you know. So if someone want to enter into the politics general terms like they don't want to hire any image consultant. If they want to show their authority by their image and they what is the advice you going to give them? See again I will look at their physique. Okay. Their height. Okay.
(16:50) Their features. Okay. And then their communication and according to that I would give them their dressing whether to dress them up >> Okay. or just to do minimal changes. Again their grooming, their sideburns, their mush, their beard, their hairstyle. All that will depend on how they look and when they talk how authoritative they can sound. Okay.
(17:13) >> According to that I will give them their cues in dressing. So generally challan money dresses brands and they Rather than what suits them better. They will go for the brands. So if you wear See I'll tell you what has happened. Earlier we would want to look stylish. Today the concept has changed. Style means wearing brands.
(17:43) But style is actually saying I have arrived. I am wealthy. I can afford it and I have arrived. So people by wearing brands are looking not everybody. When you don't have your uh personal style in it, you look like a billboard. Okay. Okay, billboard 18 is screaming and shouting about brands. Yeah. Where are you in it? So it doesn't represent you.
(18:08) You're just showcasing you the brand. You're just showcasing wealth. Yeah. You're saying I have arrived. It's a very thin line in looking stylish while wearing the brands and just wearing for the sake of it. Yeah. But it doesn't matter because the concept of style today is being rich. Yes. Yes. It has changed. Yes. Okay.
(18:34) Yes. [clears throat] Yes. So because that is recognition today. Yes. Money is always become the only tool to be recognized. Yes. So generally by looking at the shoes we can judge who who you are generally I read somewhere how important uh and better shoes and watch wearing watch. See because people give focus to I mean watch uh accessories have caught up a lot today.
(19:02) Okay. You're basically when you give attention to the finer details. Okay. Okay. Glasses, your shoes. That means your attention to details means you are good. Yes. So, we'll go back again. We'll speak about the Vijay Deverakonda. Generally Vijay Deverakonda, when he started his looks are different.
(19:24) Pelli Choopulu time la, now he's different. Rowdy brand and all he has done. So, if being a image consultant, if I ask you to speak about him and all. I think Vijay Deverakonda was always he stood out because he was a very stylish star and he did justice to whatever lover boy image and then he was that rowdy which was again was going in sync with his movies.
(19:47) And look at his latest pictures about his marriage. What a powerful image he created for himself. >> Yes. Rashmika is the most successful star than him as of now. >> Yes. Yes. But it was only Vijay Deverakonda and it was not about him wearing jewelry. What was the image he created of a prince? Handsome young prince marrying his his girlfriend or his lover.
(20:12) And Rashmika was so beautiful. She was so underplayed but the only emotion you saw with Rashmika was about being in love. Okay. >> And he projected himself like a true young handsome prince. Prince and all. Who's in control? Who's powerful? >> Yes. And every detailing, his hair, his clothes, his jewelry, his body was chiseled.
(20:38) Everything aligned with the image of being a powerful young handsome prince. How many grooms have you seen No. doing that? It was not the jewelry. >> Yes. Of course, he created a sensation of wearing jewelry but it got aligned with the image that he's so powerful and it overtook Rashmika's Yes. >> success at that point. >> Yes. True. >> So, what a fabulous image he adorned.
(21:01) And if you are fit, look good, what kind of dress we wear, it will suit us. >> It will only enhance us because the packaging is already there inside. You're only covering it layer, which will anyhow look good. See, when you're fit, any clothes will look good on you. We'll speak about Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy garu.
(21:20) So, what is your comments on him? Like his dressing, he wears very simple dress. See, he wears that pant and shirt. It's already aligned in the country. He's already created headlines for different other reasons. >> Yes. He's got a very powerful image. Are they positive or negative? He's already created a fierce image. So, he only has to dress simple, because at any point that image will not come down.
(21:45) So, he has to neutralize it. So, he has to do it in his appearance. Yes. Generally, middle class families look grooming and they it's a expensive thing and is it really true? Not at all. If you the same slippers, it's not the price. It is knowing the right style. Generally, grooming just enough to go to another two chatting and no chatting and talking and chatting and simple people and all. Mhm.
(22:11) Don't misuse the word simple. Simple is not being poor and untidy and messy. Okay. Yeah. Okay. Okay. Simple is not dirty. Yes. Simple is not unruly. Simple is not unkempt. Don't abuse the word simple.
(22:59) Have respect for the word simple. Okay. If you compare men and women, women will focus more and they to look better, dress better. The girls are more well-groomed compared to men. I do not know why that has come. Yeah. But that has also come from the lack of awareness. See, what happened is '90s, 2000 but they are good though.
(23:21) Mhm. The American Today we're only following the American culture. Mhm. An American culture brought the messiness. Jeans, t-shirt, ruffled hairs, messy hairs and Okay. See, be messy hair, but have your clothes in place. Okay. Messy is not dirty. Okay. Stylishly be messy. Okay. >> Don't be dirtily messy. Generally some people will have uh curly hairs and they got a men key.
(23:51) Can you, being a image consultant, is it okay to be a working professional having the curly hair? Mr. Vijay Deverakonda and Zakir Hussain, all of them who played the tabla, they had the curly hair. Yeah. But they were never dirty. They were never messy. Everything is in place. Only the hair is curly. Yeah. And in fact, curly hair Vijay Deverakonda so beautifully in one of the movies in between, Yeah.
(24:14) he had all that curly hair, but he looked great. Yeah. Tiger Shroff had that hair. Yes. >> He never looked dirty. Yeah. See, it's a style. Curly hair cannot be considered messy. Okay. Okay. Okay. Yeah. You understand? You're adding on to the unruliness Okay. >> rest of your dressing. Okay. These days digital presence matter a bunch of everyone is focusing on their Instagram presence, Facebook presence, even LinkedIn presence.
(24:52) So, what kind of profile picture and they don't profile picture but couldn't be on today. Make you yet that can pinch out of any mirror of a bunch of women >> Okay. Okay. [clears throat] Okay. Okay. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. >> [clears throat] >> Okay. Okay. Yes.
(25:39) Yeah. Yeah. Right. It's Yeah. Can we believe that? Yes. Yes. Yes. See, you can take Yeah. Yes.
(26:25) Yes. Right. Okay. Yeah. Okay. Yeah. It's like that. I heard about your story and then like CBN got released and then you got surgery and you were there. Can you tell us about that story? What happened exactly? Yeah, I had a hysterectomy done and I think it was the third day after I
(27:11) went home. One of my friend called me saying that let's CBN is in jail. I think for some health I don't remember for some health he was coming back. They were flying him to Hyderabad Begumpet Airport. That was in October I think. So that's when we said let's go meet him CBN in the I said no, let's go let's go to the airport because this is the city he built Hyderabad.
(27:37) So it's it's an emotional thing that he's coming back to the city. I think we should be over there and receive him in person and you know, because it's a very emotional moment and we all should be there in numbers is what I said and we went to the Begumpet Airport, but trust me that day but forget about my surgery and how I was feeling last minute line watching up through gate open just said and he had a police and everyone else stampede.
(28:07) That was the first time I realized how you can die in a stampede because you're not in control. Okay. I don't know how we all survived and Okay. how we got out it was a very scary moment and that's what I understood what stampede can be. Okay. And I think that's the time my family gave me a warning that you know, first of all hysterectomy I I was standing over there on the third day Okay.
(28:37) they were they were like CBN got released many admirers and many people for him, but we have only you what >> [laughter] >> Okay. See but it was an emotional thing and you don't expect all this to happen, but it was it was so nice to see Chandrababu Naidu at that point. Being welcomed to the city and all. Yeah, basically you are attending many events I'm following from long back on Instagram and all.
(29:07) So meeting people. Yeah. If you find someone they did not dress well being an image consultant directly and you will feel like telling them. See, I'll tell you Bharat it's a very sensitive area. Okay. You can never tell anybody anything negative. But in fact, I'm one of the persons who I see there are many I tend to recognize things that are working in people.
(29:32) I'm always appreciating people in different aspects of them. Okay. Today you might have you're very positive. So I will compliment you and say there's so much of energy you're giving us today. So I'll I'll say wow, thank you for this energy. >> Okay. So I'm only trying to spread positivity. I never see you never tell anybody anything negative until they ask you or pay you for that service.
(29:55) If something is going wrong. No, no, I understand where you're coming, but Okay. Before I became an image consultant, I knew everything about fits, how to stitch clothes and I would go tell my friends that you're wearing the wrong fit. Okay. Because they would buy better. Okay. And then and then they all used to get angry and they start bitching about me.
(30:22) So I used to tell them one day you'll pay me >> [laughter] >> Okay. See, it was a very wanting to do good. I used to tell them you're wearing the wrong fit. >> Okay. >> They used to get angry. So ever since I became an image consultant, you know a lot more. But your your profession is your profession and you must never say anything negative.
(30:41) How much you charge your if you are okay? >> To be very honest, I'm not cheap, for sure. I come with the price. You want my service. See, that is why I don't I used to do a lot of individuals. I don't take up individuals anymore. I only do corporates and I only want to do organizations because it should be worth my time. Okay.
(31:01) And the money is there only in organization and corporates. So, in Instagram also, because my real real went viral to 2.1 million So, my Instagram was bombarded and a lot of them individuals. So, I politely I miss I reply to every message until I know it's a fake profile. Okay. [laughter] Zero followers, I mean zero posts and zero fake profiles, but I have reached out to everybody and I think that's how I mean I reached out to you.
(31:30) Yeah, I told them I'm sorry I don't do individuals. Okay. Because individuals don't work, they negotiate with me and I'm not I'm not here at 15 years of experience where you negotiate with me. Okay. Generally, if you're telling organizational training and so, what kind of trainings and what exactly you do? >> No, no, I do I do this etiquettes.
(31:50) Etiquettes, the dress etiquettes, the see, people want business etiquettes, dress etiquettes, grooming. What is all this? Okay. Projection control, perception control, how your organization should be projected. It's all about building an an image for yourself, right? Everybody wants to build a brand. Okay.
(32:11) Saying this is Chaitanya, this is Bharat or this is whatever Okay. whatever it is. How do you bring your employees build the image of your company? Yes, yes. Your sales people are the face of the company. If I don't like your sales, how they are your salesmen pitching it, I'm not even going to look at you.
(32:29) There will be some representative coming who's the face of your company. It can be a CEO, it can be a manager, it can be anybody. Okay. If there's something disturbing or distracting about them, I'm not going to go beyond it, right? >> Okay. So, that's where I come into the Uh how this name Style Chai came into the Why you want to name like that? Yeah, it was very interesting.
(32:50) My website initially when image consulting started, we had to create a website. So, I was looking at names for them. And my friend who said, "You do styling." Okay. So, take style and half of your name Chaitanya, Chai. >> Yeah. Yeah. So, Style Chai. Okay. That's how it came. All right. So, yeah. Yeah. And a common man, what kind of dress he should wear? See, you can back in the day, Bharat Okay.
(33:18) There was respect to every profession. >> He used to wear it. There was a respect in every profession because it's not what you wear, it is how you wear it. Okay. Okay. Are you neat and clean in your attire? Okay. Suit and boot came because of the British influence, the American's influence. Yeah.
(33:54) You don't have to wear a suit and boot. Okay. You wear your clothes neat and clean. Okay. That looks neat. That should look neat. Okay. They're all disturbing areas. >> Okay. Okay. Neat, simple lines is what we say is called grooming. Okay. Who can do it? Yeah. Almost 15 years in this image consulting industry. Right.
(34:30) Is this your journey is a cakewalk and then the proper way of doing that ups and downs? See, I'll tell you to be very honest, coming from a secure background is a disadvantage because you don't know what to tell these. Okay. >> Back then and you have everything. Okay. Secure family, secure home. You don't have to worry about anything.
(34:48) You don't have to work. So, you don't know how to move or tell these. Okay. You do your work and then you go there and do it and come back home. Okay. You need to network. You don't know. Okay. Like I was doing CISF for what? So many years now. Okay. I didn't know how to talk to the director and meet him. I didn't know anything.
(35:05) I would go there and come back. They would say it's fabulous and then I'd shake hands and then I'd come back home. Okay. Till today, at the airport, you know, having done that, everybody has people over there receiving them, going as long as I'm in contact. I don't tell you to. Okay. Because your life I So, had I known what networking was back then, I wouldn't have wasted I would have grown much more. Okay.
(35:28) I have to project myself. I have to do this and tell these because I always saw important people in my life. Okay. I didn't know that I'm going to be then you would know how to navigate. I knew that now. Okay. >> You need to reach out. It's not enough of you being just talented. You should know how to move your talent.
(35:47) For that, you need to reach out. Exactly. >> I learned that now. So, we're building network and then I got it. I was asking this question to many people and then generally personal life below. So, I know many people and then high profile people tell them also. Oh. So, to maintain the constant network and then consistent network maintain jail and then angel.
(36:06) And then you know my example. So, I message you once we know each other. Right. >> To maintain the consistent network. Networking you can't intrude and keep putting messages. That seems like an intruder. With dignity you need to do. Yes. Suppose. Okay. Post like share to appreciating is networking. Yes. When you meet them, going out of your way and saying a hello, asking how they are doing is networking dignified. Yeah.
(36:35) Again, there is a very thin line. Yeah. You know, That is you know, again, there's a there are barriers for it. >> Yeah. So, you will come across as one of those despos. Yeah. And they yeah, trying to become close. Fast. So, again, it's again how you want to project yourself. Yeah. Being a woman and successful is not that easy. Yeah.
(37:04) So, did you face any challenges or is that Yeah, you need to maskify your elders. You need to be very sweet to them. But, I always as I told you, I just did my work and went home. But, the guy fast guy grow up way not not headaches at all because I maintain my boundaries very clear.
(37:24) In fact, people were scared of me. Okay. [snorts] >> [laughter] >> Which was okay. See, >> Okay. I don't care for growth, but I should not have headaches in life was my policy. Super. I'm I'm going out of my house to do something, but my rule was I cannot come back to my house with headaches. That was a very strict rule I had for myself.
(37:44) So, luckily, I never had any headaches in my work. >> How you upgrade yourself because fashion trend and update at home so how do you upgrade yourself? I think it's all over in your face and it because of Instagram. Today, Instagram has become the main source for everything. Okay. And movies and Instagram. Okay.
(38:04) So, again, what see, I'm not a movie stylist. Okay. >> That I need to be there. I have the general people who are not very bold. Okay. Who are not very experimental. Mhm. So, I still [clears throat] have my parameters Mhm. set because I know what it is. Okay. Uh generally, what is style? Is only wearing the branded clothes? Today your style has been redefined.
(38:27) It's only about wearing brands because wearing brands means saying I have wealth. I have arrived. Are these suit out or not concept of wearing? Okay. >> People anybody who wears brands are considered wealthy. Style means wealth. But wearing brands, people are looking like billboards. Okay. The brand has to be a part of who you are. Exactly.
(38:53) It can't stand out. The minute it stands out, you look like a billboard. Okay. >> But I do good at all of that and good at everything that I do. I don't know anything about brands and what you do. You do good at everything that you do. People are only 90% of them are only giving value to wealth because wealth has become the number one common factor that everybody wants to get. Yes.
(39:14) >> Everything else has become lesser. Yes. Being image consultant, everyone in the politician matter of them would take any example by imagining his dressing style, by showing his dressing style and you want to matter of them would take Look it up. Look it up. Our Prime Minister, Mr. Modi. >> Okay.
(39:32) He's a perfect example of what image is all about. I need a dressing and I need Okay. I I want to know what is the culture and I want to know what is the Have you seen such a progressive person like our Mr. Mr. Modi? Yeah. Tell me. He has won everything and how well he has managed projecting himself. Yeah. With this I want to know what kind of dressing is good.
(39:59) >> Yeah. Which Prime Minister has done what Mr. Narendra Modi has done? No one does. And what is there in attire? And it's everything. People relate to you with your attire. >> Exactly. I think I want to know what kind of dressing I do corporate. Now I workshop where am I going? Who is my audience? I want to know what is I wear my attire. Okay.
(40:29) Okay. I can't wear a corporate suit. Okay. Yeah. Okay. Yes. Yes. And if I go to the corporates wearing some glamorous outfit Yeah. Exactly. They'll come to check out who that girl is or who that babe is. Corporate language. So, if I want to be seen, I have to communicate with my clothing first and then I'll be heard.
(41:00) If I'm in sync with how the audience is. Yeah. I will be dressed more friendly. Okay. So, that they can hear. You know very well what to dress. Exactly. You need to dress according to your audience. One outfit doesn't work. Yeah. And this is exactly what our Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been doing. Yeah. And that's what it is.
(41:23) Clothing is a very important source of communication. Yeah. Okay. So, do you believe in the concept called law of attraction? See, I'll tell you Andy. I'm totally into spirituality. Okay. When you understand spirituality and when you know what Upanishads are, the soul's journey, all this has no you go above all these Mhm. Okay.
(41:50) philosophies and attraction and all that. All that is for the common man and for the common level to understand. Okay. I have studied things beyond that. Do your duty and that's all that matters. Okay. And of course, what happens law of attraction is nothing but energy. Okay. The energy you carry is what the other people will feel.
(42:12) Then I get a conscious go kitchen and I'm going to meet the spot that he and that's what you'll feel from me. >> Yes. If I'm very chirpy and laughing and smiling, how will you enjoy me? You'll also feel that energy. So, that is what law of attraction is. Yeah. What you give is what you get on to the that's good so basically it is that it is the energy you're radiating.
(42:35) So, spirituality and this image consultant are two different parts and Definitely not. >> Yeah, definitely not now. See, I'll tell you what spirituality is the approach Okay. >> to life. Okay. And image is a packaging of You combine it. How you look >> Okay. is how the world is going to judge you but Okay. >> and me.
(42:58) So, when if you're a spiritual person, you don't care what you what people judge about me just I am a spiritual person. >> See, you have to do your duties. Me, I don't know what you need me to talk to you later. Okay. If you want to be in the society and if you have a role to play over there like an anchor you're doing.
(43:15) But it has to be seen in a certain way if his reels have to go viral. You need to be heard in a certain way if your podcast have to reach. Yes. Okay. Yes. >> But here you are in a different path. Okay. >> So, you have to look the part. Okay. Playing the role of an image consultant so I might as well I have to be seen in a certain way if I want people to look up to me.
(43:46) They will hear what I'm saying and they will not see how I look. Okay. >> different roles. Okay. >> It's like you're baking a cake or you're doing a cooking recipe. Yeah. True, true. Okay. Superb. It was nice talking to you. Thank you so much for your time. Thank you, but thank you. Enjoyed being here. >> Yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment