REAL Black Magic & Ghost Encounter To KRISHNA BHAKTI | Power of S*xual Energy & Demons | Ambika Devi
Author Name:Amira Arora & Aryaan Arora
Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@arorashowco
Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_j6w_s1UU
Title: REAL Black Magic & Ghost Encounter To KRISHNA BHAKTI | Power of S*xual Energy & Demons | Ambika Devi
Author Name: Amira Arora & Aryaan Arora
Description: Enjoy this podcast with Ambika Devi exploring the power of perserving s*xual energy, real life ghosts & demons encounters, & true love as defined by Shri Krishna :)
Please like, comment, share, and subscribe to this channel as it would really help us bring more guests on the show and spread their knowledge to you!💙
Follow me on Instagram 👇🏼
@aryaanarora
/ aryaanarora
0:00: Introduction
1:30: Overcoming lust & Sexual Desires
6:00: True Love & KRISHNA
20:00: Horror, Demons, Ghosts, Satan
26:00 Black Magic
30:00: Can Drugs lead to spirituality?
38:00: Meditation & Yoga
45:00: Death & NDE's
53:00: Dark Side of Social Media & Addiction
#krishan #horror #spirituality ##shreekrishna #ambikadevi #radhekrishna #radhe #radheradhe #krishna #krishnalove #spirituality #meditation #bhakti
Transcript:
(00:00) For a man to be a man, he has to be able to control his sex drive. He has to understand what his sexual energy really is. The strongest of all energies is the sexual energy. And from the root chakra, you can transform that energy going up to the brain. Black magic, do you really think it's real? There is another type of entities.
(00:24) And these entities can be called as ghosts, can be called as demons. Many times we could see even how the body was transforming. One day I was looking and you could see actually how the limbs were like changing. The person was transforming, her voice was changing. I really believe like it was something out coming out from from that soul.
(00:49) If we talk about higher love, it's actually I don't expect you to serve me, but I will serve you with all my care, all my love, all my attention, without the expecting nothing in return. That's true love. That's why Krishna means the supreme attractive. He attracts everyone. I have experienced uh in my subconscious, I have seen some visions. Ambika, welcome to Under the Tree.
(01:17) Thank you very much. Very grateful to be here. And you know, before I say this, I'm sure that the viewers would totally agree with what I'm about to say, but you're very beautiful from the outside, but more than that, you're a beautiful human being on the inside. Thank you very much. Very kind of you. You know, I I recently saw a post of yours on Instagram, and it truly touched my heart.
(01:39) You You talked about what it really means about being a man. Mhm. How for a man to be a man, he has to be able to control his sex drive. He has to understand what his sexual energy really is. In fact, he even mentioned specific examples where you where you talked about athletes and how a lot of athletes before their games, they make sure to abstain from sexual activities because they understand how potent that sexual energy really is.
(02:06) And I would love for you to shed some light on that, especially for the viewers, yeah. Yeah, well, this happened because of a story. One question, of course, some men feel like very weak in that area. Like the sex drive is very intense that they cannot control it and is actually true is the strongest of all energies is the sexual energy.
(02:32) If you see, we are all coming from that energy. So, it's vitality and if a man, especially, cannot control this urge, so many disasters happen. As we know, recently, 30 days ago, a big disaster happened in Calcutta. I feel like this is the main example of a man who really cannot control this sex drive and is just allowing all these desires that turns very dark and commit such a offense to women, especially.
(03:13) I don't want to go to that topic, but it's abuse in many living beings. So, I feel like the men have to be very strong enough. They have to understand that it's a path for them to to really take care of this vitality they have inside because it's such a strong and powerful energy. That's why you were mentioned like a football, basketball, boxers, they absence from sex for weeks before a match.
(03:45) So, they can feel a strong, not just physically, but mentally. So, they have a strategies. So, imagine if a man can take care of that energy and you know, we are starting with the mudra that we have here. There is many ways that you can focus with that mudra and from the root chakra you can like transform that energy going up to the brain and you will see much like in a much wiser ways, you can say.
(04:21) Like more clear, your mind will open more and it's kind of like you can experience till you do it. Again, I can share something with you that we practice in the ashrams as brahmacharis. We were following all these practices to keep that energy woman and men. You could see how the men were learning verses from the Bhagavatam and they can recite faster because they were following celibacy.
(04:47) So, you can see that's why we follow brahmachari. Brahmachari A brahmachari means they are students. Uh they learn the skills, they focus in reading the scriptures to learn. It's like the student life. So, I feel when a man actually need this um kind of like a stage on his life to follow celibacy. And yeah, for me I know maybe sounds fanatic for some but I feel like when you find your partner then you can a true partner.
(05:21) And ideally when it's love and exchange then that energy can be shared. And of course as many cultures share the same idea that is for procreation, you know? But if not, do it with love. Not just throw it and waste it. These are very important energies. Uh very valuable energies, your vitality. So, make yourself a strong.
(05:51) If you're a man, take this uh like a very, very important source for you to become a stronger in many aspects. Beautifully said, and I'm so glad that you brought up the concept of love cuz that's that's one of the things I really wanted to talk about today because I feel like the love is is not understood in its purest form these days, especially because of the dating culture.
(06:15) And first it used to be in the US only and a lot of the western countries. You had Bumble, you had Tinder, all these apps. And and relationships are mostly situationships. And it was based on an appearance that you make of yourself, whether that's just a few photos or a short bio of a certain word. So, at the end of the day you're trying to impress someone.
(06:31) It's not based on two human beings really really understanding what's beneath that, beneath the outside, beneath this body suit, right? And I wanted to talk to you, according to you, what is true love? True love, wow. I feel like love is um that beautiful energy in exchange of serving each other. Uh without if we talk about higher love, is actually I don't expect you to serve me, but I will serve you with all my care, all my love, all my attention without the expecting nothing in return.
(07:13) That's true love. But now that that's one of the most difficult love to find because we are always expecting attention. If uh if I give you this, you give me that. And like you say, now sadly, if someone is attracted to someone, um I'll give you something, you give me pleasure. You know, it's just like uh I will give you something, you give me something.
(07:41) It's not that love without expecting anymore. and I feel um when you understand that love is service, then you can love like your mother love you without expecting nothing. Yeah, maybe love is there you are fulfilling her heart. She's serving you since you are baby she's trying to feed you. She's sleepless trying to stop you crying and that is so much beautiful love without expecting now.
(08:11) She's just loving you because you are you. You are part of her and I feel that's one of the most closest and sincere love we can experience in this material aspect, but of course when we speak about love we always imagine the male and the female now, the connection that is the strongest at the same time. You can you cannot deny that.
(08:36) When you are in love, uh you always think about that person you eat then you can just remember if you listen that name you feel butterflies in your stomach when you are in love, now. But I feel like um it If we don't protect that love, if we don't nurture that love not just in the physical attraction but going more into a spiritual connection, then it's not going to last.
(09:08) And that's why people get tired and they change change change of partners and they want they're craving again for that feeling, but that feeling will never last. So we need to go above from that attraction physical attraction to something more deep that is a spiritual. And I feel when people connect in that aspect, they can really reach to what we say pure love.
(09:36) Wow, so well put. I mean, the fact that you brought up the concept of that love is not give and take, right? That love is a form of service. That's, you know, I totally I totally relate to that. Especially I'm so happy you brought the love between a son or a daughter to his mother because that love is unconditional.
(09:54) Yeah, I think that love isn't about give and take that I A mother doesn't do what she does because she expects something in return, right? She She does it because it's out of that purity in the Oh, yeah. And once you realize that, then if you want to have a relationship and get married to someone, then sure, but understand what true love is, you know, it's not physical.
(10:15) It's not just physical intimacy, right? And just like So so beautiful put. And now that we are talking about love, I would love for you to talk about your love for Krishna. Oh, my love for Krishna. Wow. Well, um my journey it starts by to be honest, I It's not a moment in my life that I was atheist or that I doubt of God. Uh I am coming actually from Christian family. Okay.
(10:47) And I I still love many of the practice. When I'm with my family, we read the Bible, we pray. Uh but of course, um Krishna comes in your path in a miracle ways. And in Colombia, this happened in my country only in South America. Um I connect with Krishna. And the first time I listen his pure names, uh they teach me the mantra and I feel like just by connecting with his names, that's the way that I will say I cannot say I fall in love of him, but it attracts me a lot.
(11:27) That's why Krishna means the supreme attractive. He attracts everyone. That's true. So he catch me. He catch me and I was just in my house. I was just 15 years old. And I was just reciting the Maha mantra, the Hare Krishna Maha mantra. And even I remember that I went to my house and I was teaching my brother and my little sister this mantra.
(11:55) And I was like, "Chant with me. I just learned this and they said if you chant this, you will feel protected and you will feel secure." And I was just the happiest. And they say, "Yeah, if you chant this, you will be happy." And I could experience just without knowledge, without reading any scriptures. It was just automatic.
(12:15) You know, it was just calling to my soul, to my heart. So, I connect by the Krishna, by the Maha mantra, by his holy names. Beautiful, beautiful. You know, I would love for you to talk about the power of doing mantras and chanting because it's such it's such a vast concept and it's getting popular out the throughout the world.
(12:36) I mean, you look at Krishna Das, he's popularized chanting. Someone I had the privilege of doing a podcast with them a while back. Wow, beautiful. The power that he Yeah, his voice is is like you are like I don't know how to feel. It's like you are He says he's singing, he just closes his eyes. He doesn't even open his eyes when he sings. He's not just singing for show.
(12:55) He's not singing to entertain. I can see everyone connects through his kirtans, through his chant. Yeah. Well, um mantras, I believe everyone knows that are the most powerful. They are um as prayers, very deep. I would say prayers um are kind of like I do I do both. I do mantras and I do prayers. My prayers are more like something that I create for God.
(13:24) I see it's like my diary with my voice to him. Whatever it wants to come from my heart. That's a prayer for me. And the mantras is this powerful and a strong sound vibration that really are so intense, so powerful that really the meaning is man is the mind and liberation is when you can liberate yourself from this mind, these thoughts, and really focus in the spiritual platform with God.
(13:56) With the divine. Mantras are powerful. It's just you can really feel it. If you've never been in kirtan especially, I feel like you have must experience because it's one of the most wonderful experience that you really feel in pure divinity around you. And especially the Maha mantra, that is the one I connect for the first time.
(14:19) Maha is the greatest. And of course, this mantra as they say it is just to glorify Krishna and Radha. So it's the is the union between Krishna and Radha. It's just names of Radha Rani and Krishna saying how Krishna is the most attractive and Radha Rani is that internal love inside us, inside Krishna.
(14:43) So it's uniting both names and glorify the pure love. So when you are in the pure love, of course it's joy and happiness. So that's why we have that chant Hare Krishna and be happy. And I really experience it. For me personally, I was always like a skeptic. Even though I I was my family was primarily Hindu. Okay.
(15:03) And I went to a Catholic high school, so I was introduced to a lot of different religious views. But at the end of the day I was I was kind of agnostic early on and I was pretty much just skeptic and trying to read all the texts and seeing what is what. And and I never thought I would ever be so glued to Krishna. Wow. Yeah, I see in your house it's Krishna all over. Very beautiful.
(15:26) And now that I look back to it, you know, when I was 6 years old I I I started by on stage performing dancing and on a lot of Bollywood hip-hop everything and I was dance my first performance on stage in front of a thousand people was like when I was 6 or 7 years old and it was me playing Krishna. Oh, I know.
(15:45) And I was I was a like a little kid and I was playing the flute and I remember I had to literally cross my feet like this in the flute position and I was just holding that position for like 30 to 40 minutes. The blessing of Krishna has always been there and now he's completely changed my life not only like as as a human being but even as an artist and I'm sure you can relate to this you're such a beautiful dancer.
(16:07) Like when I'm not a beautiful dancer but I do try. I've seen the videos you dance with your heart and that's the difference when you get connected to whether it's spirituality or whether it's whether it's someone like Krishna you when you're doing as an artist when you're performing you're not just performing just to entertain people.
(16:25) Your vision becomes bigger you're performing out of of you're performing And to share. To share. To share that feeling I feel that's the most important. You know, I was very very shy before too shy I mean I'm a bit shy I still it doesn't look like but before I couldn't dance. I my dream was to dance and to sing I'll tell you.
(16:46) It was like my dream to be a singer my dream dream to be a dancer but I was super shy. I couldn't even speak to elders. It was that extreme I feel like Krishna consciousness the path of being in this beautiful path of Krishna bhakti it changed so much in me like so many things I start singing mantras. Okay.
(17:15) That's how like if you ask me to sing I cannot sing any English or Spanish song. I can only sing mantras. And if you ask me to dance, I can I'm Colombian but I don't dance the salsa. I dance even Krishna leelas that is Odissi. And my dreams turn like Krishna fulfill my dreams in his path. So this is very interesting because all it started when I went to Vrindavan. Okay.
(17:40) My dream was to sing. I was like Krishna, I want to sing, I want to sing. And I started the only way I was starting was playing harmonium and singing some mantras. And the only way of I start dancing I say I'm going to be a dancer. It was dancing Odissi that I didn't know mostly all dance and performance is just Krishna leelas.
(18:00) For Jagannath ji that all what they dance for him is about Krishna's pastime with the gopis and Radha Rani. So I'm amazed how Krishna fulfilled my desires. My big big big desires but all is in his path. So it's very interesting to see this and I don't feel shy when I have to do these two things.
(18:22) But if you ask me to dance another day I'm like, okay, let me try. Or if you ask me to sing another song I'm like, but if it's all connected I completely forget about this body and I'm doing like with the soul. Like it's very connected to I don't want to say I'm like that high level person but I'm just sharing with you what I feel.
(18:43) I don't feel shy doing these two things. Exactly. I totally relate to you as a singer and dancer myself. Yeah. When I when I'm it's so weird. I In fact, I I've made so many originals. A lot of them are just kind of entertaining originals and and you know, classic pop songs. But then once I I just recently made a song called Avadhi, which which is which is a Hindi word but it um in English it basically means you're a wanderer.
(19:06) Like we're just wandering souls on this Okay. It's just like it's about my spiritual journey. And I When when I do that or when I just sing my bhajans, whether it's Vishvadi Govinda Shri Krishna Govinda, I'm just in a like just like you said, you forget and like you're in that state. It's It's a like a meditative state.
(19:24) And my Guruma I I I I have Thank God we I have a Hindustani classical Guruma who told me that when you're singing, especially when you're doing bhajans and mantras like you do, Then. you're not just singing. You It's called Shabda Yoga. You are in a form of a meditative state. Yeah, really connecting, no? It's a real yoga.
(19:43) It's a real meditation. Yeah, yeah, yeah. And what a beauty is to share that. So. So yeah, we have to break it and dance more and sing more. Now I'm going to change the gears a little bit. Okay. Because just because I feel like a lot of viewers and they they've gotten the taste of love. They got They've understood what love truly means now.
(20:03) Now I want to go a little bit dark, right? Okay. Just because I feel like a lot of people are The nice topic. For some people. Just because I feel like it's also important for the viewers to get clarity on the dark side, right? You know, ever since I was a kid, because I'm into acting, whether it's watching movies or reading scripts, I was always interested in horror scripts.
(20:26) And and and in the beginning maybe I used to get scared when I was a kid. Now I look at it as comedy. A lot of it's a lot of the movies that are made. But I always wondered how much truth is it to this? You know, if you can talk a little bit about black magic, a little bit about the dark arts and experience.
(20:45) Like, do you really think it's real? Well, many people will call me crazy, those who never ever experienced, but I since child, I saw it and I'm not It's not because I'm crazy. I I also share with many friends Yeah. that have some sense a bit more open that other people. But yeah, we cannot We are Prakriti, you know, in this world.
(21:14) We are mostly made of different type of material. But, there are other type of entities that are spiritual or even on another planet. Some people don't Yeah, they believe No, even in other planets, people still don't believe that there is uh living entities over there. So, I find that part quite uh crazy that we believe we are the only living beings, of course, with animals.
(21:42) But, it's actually much more. If you open um in the in the Vedic scriptures or any scriptures, they are talking of these subtle bodies. That is a spiritual bodies. Some of these spiritual bodies we don't see. We are actually spiritual souls. Uh we This is just um our motor. This is kind of like our vehicle. But, there is another type of entities.
(22:10) And these entities can be called as ghosts, can be called as demons, or subtle bodies. Some people just call it like that. Um Yeah, so of course, of course, if you you can feel even some energies around you. Um can be positive or negative. There you can find both. Depends where are you your surrounders, no? Um of course, if we are more into positive energy, positive thoughts, good people, good habits, we won't face that much.
(22:48) And I'm not saying when I was a child, I was having bad habits. I was I was very quite pure, like a normal child. But, uh my mother used to be kind of like a exorcist in those in those times. She's a Christian. Um many Christians do this type of uh practices that are very intense. Uh so I could see a lot.
(23:14) I could experience a lot. Um I saw many different entities. I saw moving stuff. It's not just my mind. I was with my brother, sister. They all could see, even friends, even friends of my mother, even my mother. Like we all could see it. So we just you would witness your mom like doing an exorcism? Yes. And it was very intense.
(23:37) Like voices that you will never ever thought in your life could like actually like a horror movie. I feel like horror movies is just uh people experience this type of things and they want to recreate it because most of the these things are actually true. Oh, it is. Uh but yeah, many people say it's just um a schizophrenia or something like that, but I feel uh come on.
(24:01) We're We cannot just be the only living entities here. It's much more. And you can actually feel the presence uh of a person. Some person can carry one energy that is kind of a strong or a person that is uh presence that is more divine. Something is with that, you know, with that. I will say like a personalities with that person.
(24:25) If you are carrying Krishna with you, you will find the divine in that person and it's a energy around you. Some people feel angels are with them. Some people may feel um sadly ghosts around them, you know? Some people can have that. Some people can uh their someone close in the family die and they can still feel the presence, you know? That That much people can can understand, but also it happens with people who have more open the sense, I feel. Wow.
(24:57) Okay. Yeah, but I do agree that we are not we cannot be just the only ones. Even the scriptures, the Vedas, I 100% believe in the Vedas. The Vedas actually speak about this type of entities. Yeah, I know 100%. I'm so happy you brought that up cuz like now there's so many scientists that are that are researching into different dimensions and and our Vedas our Vedas our scriptures already talk about those different dimensions.
(25:24) You know, and then it's like you were talking about exorcisms and you know, I I I saw I saw I watched this show called Evil. I don't know if you so it's a show in US and it's it's basically a whole show every episode it's about it's a part of the Catholic Church and they're doing exorcisms and it's like very much in detail.
(25:44) So is that real life? It's not just a No, it is a scripted show but they base it off of like a lot of like kind of Yeah, things that happens. that have happened and base it off of people's actual encounters kind of that is that has happened from that has been recorded within the Catholic Church. And you know, I all these videos in every episode I I watched all these like exorcisms and I see that that devil that that kind of negative force it comes out of that out of that person while they're doing the exorcism and you know,
(26:14) whether they're putting holy water on them or all these things. When you witness the exorcism whether it was as a kid or whenever within that your mom was doing, did you see that happen? Did you see that negative force kind of come out of the individual? Well, the thing is we were not allowed to be there because it was actually intense so we could actually hear.
(26:33) But yeah, many times we could see even how the body was transforming. Like sometimes we were like because you know, my mother was kind of like a big preacher. She's still is but now she's more again she went more to introvert. She wants to pray more sleep for her dear ones not have like a followers, but she would she was like a spiritual master with followers.
(26:57) That huge she wants and she was and I remember yeah, one day I was looking and you could see actually how the limbs were like changing. Oh my god. And the person was like like a real movie, you know, like like she was kind of transforming, her voice was changing. It was the way like I don't really or she you have to be a very great actor to do something like that, but I really believe like it was something out coming out from from that soul from that body.
(27:31) Um, and yeah, actually I feel like um, depends of your activities, depends of what you uh, feed your mind, feed your vision, uh, all that will come to you. If you just watch negativity, sometimes that energy can catch you. If you watch too much violence, if you like all that environment all the time, you will fight feel that heavy energy on you.
(27:59) If you are a gossiper and you just speak bad about everyone, something can possess you and just you don't realize anymore how you're criticizing others. So, I feel it's it's not just a demon in that area, but also we have inside of us that little demon and the little angel. So, also depend on our practices. I feel like you are the one who feed the yourself.
(28:25) Do you want to feed that with good energy or with something negative? Um, and we do have both. I feel like you can you can uh, try to um, go to the spiritual path, but you have to leave outside some of the bad habits. That's why the spiritual path is always about honesty, about truthful. So, I feel like if you just engage yourself in lies, in gambling, or something like that, it's going to bring your consciousness a bit down.
(28:57) And energies are especially drugs, alcohol. Many people they are not anymore themselves when they consume this. So, you can see some energy overtake them. Yeah, I mean I I I agree with you on that, but just to just to play devil's advocate for a second because actually I've there's so much research going on into drugs, right? Especially psychedelic drugs.
(29:19) I wanted to talk to you a little bit about that. We are talking about different realities, different entities. You know, it's it's in fact a Ram Dass. He was a professor in Harvard. Eventually he moved to moved to India and started following Neem Karoli Baba Ji. Okay. And but before what he was doing at Harvard and the reason he initially got fired from Harvard was because he was kind of already on that spiritual path, but he was experimenting with psychedelic drugs. Okay.
(29:48) Mainly he was doing LSD and psilocybin. And he was experimenting with it. Now, that was then. Now, DMT is like everywhere. If you watch all these podcasts even I I think I saw this on Joe Rogan Joe Rogan's podcast. He extensively talks about DMT like throughout his podcast. And he even talked about a DMT experience where he said that once he took it he had visions of gods and goddesses and god-like creature with many arms and many much like that look like an arc Madre and all stuff like this.
(30:19) Do you think it's possible for anyone to get to that state through psychedelic drugs or not? Well, um I'm coming from a place where they use a lot of medicine. They call medicine to all these plant medicines that ayahuasca or or fungus or things like that. I mushrooms, I'm sorry, fungus. Mushrooms and uh then they end up connecting with the mixture of psychedelics, like how you say it.
(30:53) Um I feel uh for sure these plant medicines have some deep connection with something as spiritual. But uh suddenly, like for example, the abuelos we call them in South America. They call They are like we call them grandfathers because they actually their connection with God was through nature and through using all these plants, medicine plants.
(31:22) So, for sure I feel like it's a connection there. But what I don't agree is the only use this to connect and not using yourself, your consciousness, to really connect with God. You are actually at the end depending on something to try to connect with a spirituality when we are by nature spiritual souls. It should come from our inside without any substance.
(31:47) So, I feel like you don't really need that if you go deep and deep. We could actually I have many friends I have experienced uh in my subconscious I have seen some visions without having any drug or something like that. I mean, this is very personal. It's but I'm sharing with you to so you know it's visions happening and it's not just I'm imagining.
(32:14) It's actually uh we go deep in our meditation and you can experience just by your breath, by chanting mantras, and by being sincere in your process. You don't need nothing else. You just need yourself to connect with God and this is the real union, why we call bhakti yoga, the the love of yoga. Uh the yoga of love, um that union with God. So, you don't really need anything.
(32:40) You just need to be sincere. And yeah, we need to follow as still if if you want to be a good a student, you need to follow and you study. So, same thing if you want to be if you want to really experience some a spiritual ex- yeah, how to say a spiritual visions, it must be some practices that you have to follow.
(33:07) And if you are willing to do it all your heart, it's going to happen. So, I I do agree that yes, psychedelics uh, open up a spirituality, but most of people are taking it mostly for enjoyment and trying to go out from this material aspect. Yeah, they're escaping a little bit. And at the end, they stay there and some of them they may get lost.
(33:36) So, I will say I I respect my elders from South America, but I don't agree it's for everyone. I I do agree that better be consciousness, be aware because you are not fully aware when you are under that. Exactly. Uh, be aware. Uh, try to bring up your consciousness with a divine service to God. Yeah, I'm so glad you said that be aware and it's not for everyone.
(34:08) I I totally agree with that because you know, in a lot of ways, if you're just doing it for escapism because you're tired of this reality, then that's not what the goal is, right? If you if and especially if you do let's say you take mushrooms or you take DMT and you do get a vision that's out of this reality and it feels like it makes you realize that oh, this is this is just just illusion, etc. etc.
(34:32) Because it's a drug, you're going to have an experience, but then it's going to go down and it'll be temporary. Whereas book the yoga, yoga, it allows you to do it through within yourself. What you said that it's relying on external substance is very different when you know that it all that power is within yourself.
(34:49) Yeah, exactly. Thank you. and yoga, you can achieve that state. And And now that we're talking about it, I would love for you to shed some light on yoga, on meditation because these days it's kind of getting distorted, especially in the west cuz I think as you can see on a hot yoga like a lot of stuff here. Yeah, it's very interesting.
(35:08) Um Of course, yoga and meditation, we have to give all the credits first to India. It's coming from this beautiful place and many people are connecting uh with the spirituality through yoga, through meditation. But yeah, as you say, suddenly many people are using either for showing up or just some physical activity to keep the body good.
(35:35) Um they don't really connect with that the importance of really union again because yoga is union between body, mind, and soul. And uh then all this is connecting to the super soul, to the divine. So, this is the real meaning of yoga to union unite all these three to the supreme energy.
(35:59) So, people are forgetting this and they are some of them they just stay in the body and they don't go up. They just feel good because actually I feel like yoga is the best best best I don't want to say exercise, but it's actually the best. If everyone practice yoga, they're all the sickness, any pain, any diabetes, whatever that people are suffering a lot here in India especially, they can solve this problem with yoga and I'm very sad that people in in the West are practicing more yoga than Indians in South itself.
(36:36) It's such a beautiful beautiful um life uh style I will say. But yeah, many people just stay in the I feel good with yoga, my body good good looks and everything is good but they don't go above. That is the idea of control the mind. That's why we have pranayama, we have the different type of meditation, trataka meditation and you know like the candle gazing, the sun gazing.
(37:03) All that is to help us to control the mind, the breath, the work. And of course ideally is to go inside to our spirit, connect in that part and as I mentioned connect with the super soul. So people are forgetting about the real meaning of yoga. They are just commercializing. Sadly, they are doing all this type of beer yoga, dog yoga and I feel like we should go back to the roots.
(37:32) It's very very crazy. I have in Dubai, I also live between Dubai and India and I also teach yoga in Dubai. And I was chatting with one of my friends. She asked me, I want to do a teacher training in India. And I say, yes I did in this part. I did my teacher training in Mysore but I she wanted something because she's already very good physical body, very good and I say, I want to take you actually to one place that you will connect more internally now.
(38:02) I want you to connect more mentally and internally your soul. So I told her to go to this a specific place. It's in Govardhan Eco Village to do that teacher training. And in Dubai girls, I'm sorry to say this, they are wearing bras and they are wearing leggings and you know they are just like yoga Someone say yoga boga? It's like just like It's like yoga is just um entertainment now.
(38:30) Uh who is more flexible and that's all who can show off. This girl, she was sharing with me how much her after this teacher training like changed her so much that she's like literally another person because she really connect with the roots of yoga. Uh now you go, she's very res- I mean she's very Now she wears her normal yoga pants, her t-shirt.
(39:00) Now she's like going in the deep meditation and she's the happiest because she really understood the connection of yoga. She said what they are showing us in the west is not real yoga what I came to India to learn. So she was the happiest and she say, "I want this to go worldwide. I would like to share this with everyone in Dubai." Um so I was the happiest because there is a still this schools that teach you the root of yoga, not the connecting with this tree, your souls, your body, um your mind, of course.
(39:32) So I feel like this is very important and I encourage many of my friends, bharatiyas, many Indians to follow this beautiful uh lifestyle that is to practice more yoga, more meditation. I know I I I definitely agree with you. I'm so happy you talked about how it's been distorted and how people are doing it just for flexibility, just just to do some movements.
(39:53) Oh, I'm doing the Handstand. That's the ultimate one. Yeah. You are a true yogi if you do the handstand. Yeah, now this is like that. Yeah, now it is it is. And I And I'm so glad you put that because and how you said that it's a it's about connecting with the divine, right? And and I think that's what many people and I hope the viewers are can take that away from this because even in fact recently, even though I regularly meditate, um and I started my meditation journey just uh probably in 2016. 2016 I started it. I started with
(40:23) transcendental meditation at the beginning. In fact, recently I I went to Hyderabad and there was this global event over 10,000 people and it was basically a Siddhi program, right? And we went and we did TM, but then they also taught us a more advanced uh meditation practice and it was for like around 2 weeks.
(40:46) And we were doing meditation there and we were given sutras that were based off the Patanjali sutras, right? Usually. And basically eventually what happened was we were able to do yogic flying or which I guess it's in a way you can call it in a way levitation and I was very skeptic. It took me like a week before I was able to put my mind to it cuz as long as you as long as you think from the mind, you're never going to be able to be in that meditation state.
(41:11) The whole point of doing meditation is to get rid of that monkey. And and eventually what happened was I we were able to do yogic flying and and it kind of changed it took you out of the realization that oh, I am just this body. This is just a body suit. Like you said and this this is just a vehicle. More than this, right? And I'm so glad that you said that and hopefully the viewers take take a lot from that, right? Yeah.
(41:37) I feel like many people exactly like what you experienced, even me. I the beginning was so hard to do yoga, but it's mainly because we cannot keep in one posture for long time. And in our mind is like oh, this is so tiring. Oh, this is so boring. And the idea I will say like if you really want to start the number one thing is what we did at the first time we came to this world is we need to learn how to breathe.
(42:05) As soon as we focus in the breath, our mind is going to calm down. If you see when you learn how to breathe, you learn how to control your emotions. You learn how to control your mind. You learn at the end how to control your body. And everything is so simple, sounds so simple like yeah, controlling your breath, but try to do for 5 minutes and you will get tired.
(42:29) So, as soon as you understand the whole focus first go through the breath, then you will start understanding what is yoga. So, that's what people um cannot connect because they try just in the posture and in the mind and they get agitated. But, I will say uh the key is in the breath. Is that actually how people say my teacher actually say that yoga is about um we can say 70% is just breath.
(43:04) How the pranayama, how to learn how to breathe. The rest Asanas are coming later, but the first thing you have to learn in yoga is how to breathe. And then it's going to come the peace of mind and the control of the body. That's why if you do a posture that requires balancing, the only way you will learn how to balance, of course, is the focus, but now the key is the breath.
(43:32) The pain That's why I don't I don't know if you receive any chiro- I'm sorry, chiropractic or something like that some massage. They say what? Breathe. Any pain, you have to breathe. So, exactly in yoga, if you are doing some posture, the only way to you know, to fulfill that posture is by breathing.
(43:52) To control the mind is by breathing. And we are forgetting the importance of pranayama. So, it's very, very important. And I'm so glad you said that. I you know, a lot of people do really just get stuck in in the in the movements and they don't realize that breath is the most You just saying that really just brought me back to a near-death experience that I had.
(44:14) You know, I This was uh in 2022 uh right before I came over to India and started working on projects here. I you know, I I had an asthma attack even though I didn't have asthma. Later on I figured out I was I was working on a script and I had a few of my co-actors there. And we were we were doing the dialogues and suddenly I was speaking my dogs.
(44:37) When you when you do scripts when you talk like we are talking now we don't think about our breath, right? Yeah, yeah. Oh, that's tough. I was doing my script and suddenly I realized, "Oh, it's difficult to breathe. I'm unable to get air from my lungs. I'm unable to exhale exhale nothing." I was like, "Oh, I was in denial. Oh, nothing is going to happen.
(44:56) I'll be totally fine." Eventually my lungs just they completely swole up. And I and I and I do whatever voice I could use I told my friend, "Call the ambulance. Call the Woah, you really like And and I walked down my stairs and I just opened the front door in in hopes that maybe you know, maybe just by getting some air I could I could I could not not leave this body cuz I could feel I could feel like a sense of release at that moment and I was scared.
(45:24) For the first time I was scared. All my memories flashed before my eyes. And the second I blacked out the second it finished I felt a sudden sense of release and I wish I could say that there was a certain amount of knowledge that I gained during that time. They they declared me dead. I don't know exactly how many seconds it was because the ambulance came like 10-15 minutes late.
(45:45) But when I woke up in the hospital I had this sudden realization that I am one with the universe and the universe is one with me. I realized for the first Wow. not this body. I realized what you saying the value of breath. And since that point my life completely changed. I started actually diving deep into spirituality.
(46:07) I came to India, started singing Krishna bhajans. Wow. Everything changed. A really wake up call. It was a wake up call. Without that, I feel like I've gotten a second life. I'm not going to lie. That experience really really brought brought the truth. Yeah. I think like what you are saying brings me that thought that I was just having.
(46:29) I was just in Vrindavan yesterday. And I was just sharing with you before we started the podcast that after COVID many people are receiving that spiritual call actually. You see most of the holiest places full packed. If you go to Rishikesh is packed. If you go to Vrindavan is packed. If you go to any Ayodhya is super packed.
(46:53) Kumbh Mela I believe it's going to be this time like double packed. So, it's amazing. I I don't know people have the experience of in COVID we lost many souls. And people are becoming more devoted to God. And visiting things so many places. But I was just funny finding that interesting how people are coming more to the spiritual path nowadays.
(47:21) And And that's interesting. The only thing that I would like to share is like if you really visit these places, go with the intention to really learn. It's not just because it's a trend to go to spiritual places. It's not just because um it's maybe Westerners are visiting and they want to understand what's going on. I mean or just because yeah, everyone is publishing now I'm in Vrindavan.
(47:50) Now I'm in Rishikesh. Jai Ganga Ma. Jai Yamuna Ma. And they really you don't understand the deepest of this holy place. Um so I I why I'm sharing this is because I was sharing with you that I've seen it's a kind of like a happiness at the same time, but at the same time kind of sadness.
(48:13) Um because I went to Vrindavan in 2011. I went to live there in 2011. It was kind of empty. It was not many people at all. Uh it was completely different of how is Vrindavan now. So I could experience a Vrindavan that it was kind of like peaceful and it was easier to meditate. And I feel happy to see that many amount of people that you cannot even walk.
(48:40) Like it's like wow, so many people is coming to see Krishna. And that's so amazing. They're recognizing Krishna here in Vrindavan in the holiest place. But at the same time it's kind of sad to see because many of the real so many because viral songs are happening. People are visiting just again for the trend idea or for just taking a picture and but it's not that deep understanding there.
(49:10) And why I'm saying that again is because I kind of like interviewed some people. I took the work to interview some people and I asked "Why are you coming?" Like I was like the happiest. I was like, "Why are you coming to Vrindavan?" And many people is like, "Um uh because I saw in reels. Oh, because it's a famous place." And I was like, "Do you know um anything about Krishna and a past time and his story that happened here in Vrindavan?" They're like, "No, I don't know anything.
(49:37) I just came to ISKCON and Banke Bihari." And I just want to take picture. And I was like "Um do you know what is the Yamuna River?" Many of them they don't even know. Many of them they just want to ask what is Banke Bihari or what this Mandir. And they don't go above that that uh there are so many holy holiest places in Vrindavan.
(50:00) It's a whole brush since that brush is like a lotus that open open up like Barsana, Govardhan, Jadav and so many Govardhan of course and people is not taking the real truth advantage of these places. So I I I will say like if you come to Vrindavan number one fill yourself a little bit with the knowledge of who's Krishna the why Vrindavan is so dear for Krishna because of course many people knows Krishna as Bhagavad Gita the king of Dwarka and the one who spoke the Gita but Vrindavan Krishna was another in another mood in a loving mood. He wanted
(50:41) to serve his devotees and allow devotees to serve him. So Vrindavan is a place actually of service. And remember if you go to Vrindavan the main service we can do is not just obtaining this magical experience and energy and prayers but also I will say that Vrindavan requires a lot of love in the idea of not polluting this place taking care and don't I know it this is kind of difficult to ask but it's a lot of garbage already so don't throw garbage and do some seva that is required in this holy places and not
(51:25) only Vrindavan actually in the whole world the whole world is a beautiful paradise that God gave to us so let's just keep that I don't know I'm sorry this was my service before in Vrindavan I used to pick up garbage with a group of people from South America our service was to clean Vrindavan our project was called Brush Vrindavan Act Now and uh we really wanted to see Vrindavan clean and we did it for few years, but after COVID everything has to close up and now it's even the garbage is uh increasing way more. So, for me it's
(52:04) very painful to see that after so much so many years we spent of serving uh Vrindavan in this way trying to keep it clean, trying to teach people, especially the pilgrims, not to pollute and to see how COVID after COVID brought that many pilgrims and it actually became worse in that aspect. I will just bring that I would like to bring this awareness to everyone like serve Vrindavan if you come and don't pollute it.
(52:40) Try to be as much clean as much protect the green areas and all again all in Vrindavan, Rishikesh, Char Dham, everywhere, Ayodhya. All now it's going to be Kumbh Mela happening, so I feel we need to protect our Bhumi Mata as much possible. No, definitely. So glad you said that. Yeah, to any of the viewers that are watching what Ambika said it's it's so beautiful and it's it's true, you know, if if you are a spiritual seeker, if you are going to a Look, Vrindavan for example, you know, it's not about give and take, it's not about something like you're seeing it oh
(53:15) and there's like a prestige to it and that's why you're going. Like Ambika beautifully said that go with love and through that love you'll realize that you shouldn't litter and you and you should keep everything clean. But, you know, I'm so glad that you talked about how if you are going to a spiritual destination, a holy place such as Vrindavan, right? You treat it with love, right? It's not about give and take, it's it's it's about purity of your heart and if you're if you're going to treat Vrindavan treat it just the way
(53:41) you would treat your home or even, you know, with purity and love. Don't litter. And I'm so glad you said that. Hopefully, the audience can And I believe also that part of protecting is caring and cleaning the area. Do some seva that requires to beautify the place. Vrindavan is giving us so much. Rishikesh is giving us so much.
(54:03) Like all these beautiful and holy places are literally helping us internally so much. So, what is the best to do some seva and to try to make it clean? Because that We like our house clean. We like our room clean. So, this is our real home, our spiritual real home. So, I will give this invite to everyone to protect, clean, and really care for this.
(54:32) That's the best offering you can do for the holy place, for the holy dam. It definitely is. It definitely is. And you know, you you were talking about how many people go, you know, whether it's about spirituality or not, people see that, "Oh, this has a certain prestige to it or fame to it." And they go with that.
(54:49) Kind of like a celebrity culture kind of thing. And I wanted to talk to you about that. We are living in a social media age. You're on Instagram. I'm on Instagram. Maybe You know, we both are introverts. We still have to post in order to share our message, share what we believe in to our audiences and our viewers. But, you know, even though social media has become a platform to share your wisdom and your experiences of spirituality, of love, of devotion, at the same time, it's also a way that many people are getting distracted because anybody can become an
(55:20) influencer right now. A Jai Wala is going to be an influencer. Like anybody can promote and share their words and get hundreds and thousands, millions of views and followers. How how do you believe like the current Gen Z, the current generation, what can they do to make sure that if they do use social media, whether they're the people that are putting the information out or just scrolling through the reels, what can they do to make sure that when they when they do see those social media and they use it that they take
(55:50) positive aspect of it, not not the negative aspects. Well, it's kind of difficult because even a scrolling into social media is an addiction nowadays. Um it's a waste of time, I will say. Of course, I'm not say I'm not going to say I will I never scroll there. Of course, I have been falling in that trap. But I have I have some slogan on my head.
(56:21) You say slogan? Lo- slogan like a phrase, a slogan. Slogan on my phrase. It's a phrase on my head that I think um "Don't allow this to distract you. You be the distraction and a good distraction." So, what is a good distraction? It's a distraction that then is going to give you some lessons, some nice and wisdom. Like what I mean, I feel like what we are doing today is something that many people can appreciate.
(56:54) Uh we are not gossiping about this Bollywood star, that Hollywood star. Like at the end, this is going more deeper to uh spiritual knowledge uh or just telling our experience, our spiritual experience. I'm coming from South America, Colombian and really adopting and embracing this beautiful culture that In- India has for everyone.
(57:20) Uh I feel that it's kind of inspiring for some. So, why not to share these stories? You have an uh incredible artist um life and you are still so grounded and you know, connecting with God is a very incredible um experience that you can share and inspire so many people that are in that path, you know, like I feel like sharing this experiences are caring for others.
(57:49) So, it will I will say like, yeah, I'm not going to never tell you, hey, don't scroll because it's It's an addiction. It's just part of us nowadays. We are practically the phone is becoming just part of our hand right now. It's another part of our body. But at the same time, never allow this to fully take you and take put some timer in your phone.
(58:15) Check how many hours are you giving to your phone. If you are a creator, then share more things that help others. Yes. Can be even in self-love. Now, everyone is um kind of depressed a little bit. So, we all know that we all need like this inspiration to follow us good practices practices that take us out from all this suffering.
(58:44) Sometimes social media can depress us. Can be with all the wars going on, especially me. I've been affected for that or the amazing physical body that this model has and I will never obtain. You know, like all these celebrities like social media can't really bring you down because people is just showing the good side, the happy side.
(59:09) And it's just pretending. So, remember that social media is not fully real. The what is real is your habits. So, remember to if you want to be part of social media, do something that help others in a way. And this is what I want. I'm also an artist. I've been sharing some dance and modeling because that's part of my work.
(59:34) But I appreciate your work and people like you inspire me to speak more. And I'm very shy. If you you will never see these videos of me talking, you know, like I don't feel I don't feel I'm capable yet, but I'm happy I'm trying to to share with you. But do these kind of things, share more, um, share your experience.
(59:58) Um, if you have some knowledge of anything, share it. I feel like we could all learn. Take now social media and all these, um, mobiles because is I I will say don't take it. It's just and how you say like is is just part of us. Just Just, uh, don't keep it scrolling. Um, just put sometimes for fun, but make sure you are also filling your head with knowledge.
(1:00:25) Yeah, don't become dependent on it. Like you said it, it's becoming an addiction and that's exactly what you don't want cuz addiction might give you a high for those 15 minutes that you're scrolling, but then you'll get the low and you Yeah, yeah, exactly. It's like, "Woo, happiness." And later, "Oh." Exactly.
(1:00:42) Fully sadness and You know, because you did mention about sharing your thoughts, sharing your wisdom on social media as an artist yourself, right? Whether that's in Hollywood, Bollywood, or just content creators in general, what responsibility do you think we have as artists to make sure that the content that we're putting out, the content that we're releasing, it doesn't have a negative message or negative effect on society? Well, again, like I said, if you are just showing off your luxury life, if you are showing off your beauty only, I feel like this is
(1:01:20) Yeah, people can appreciate it, but at the same time people will have some mental stress at the end because they will say, "Oh, I don't have that." It's something like people are just again showing off and I feel like the true value again what is sharing your knowledge, sharing your your music of love, your whatever your If someone is an actor, I have seen many videos teaching such a good messages by acting.
(1:01:52) Like people can do so many beautiful things. Like hey, let's go one day like this is something I want to do. Let's go what because this I used to do again. I was like I had a social media called Brush Vrindavan Act Now. Before I was not in social media. It happens actually I became very active after COVID. Oh wow, same exactly.
(1:02:09) Yes, yes, yes, yes. we're not being able to go outside. Maybe I should start creating content." But I used to have a Facebook actually and it was Brush Vrindavan Act Now. Okay. And I feel like uh some people knew me. In those times I was not Ambika, I was Brush Vrindavan Act Now. Like act now because it's too late.
(1:02:28) Vrindavan needs to be clean now. So, I remember I was doing these lives and I was inviting people from Delhi, from Mumbai, from Haryana, from many parts. They were coming to clean Vrindavan with us. So, I feel like if many um content creators, many influencers do this type of things that is going to make a big impact.
(1:02:53) I feel like that's meaningful and beautiful and this will bring bring a good and positive change for especially for youths that they are following all these content creators. Instead of just showing the beauty that this is something I just want to change in my social media. Uh I want to kind of make this kind of things like we together can do something, a big change, you know? Um is this um uh if you want to see a change, do it yourself.
(1:03:23) So, what the best is to do something positive. And I think social media, especially for influencers, do something meaningful mean while you have that power, that many followers, do something that can bring a impact, especially for India, in the idea of uh, protecting the earth. Um, don't pollute. Uh, the minimize the plastic.
(1:03:49) Uh, you know, um, love each other. So much to to to preach about, so much to share about. And I feel influencers needs needs to do more of that. You know, I definitely agree with you. I'm so happy that we we we touched that topic. And because, you know, because of social media, as you said, you know, we should have a purpose as artists, and we should be sharing information that we know will have a positive impact.
(1:04:14) But, I wanted to talk to you because now is because of social media, especially, a lot of different thoughts, a lot of different perspectives are being released, right? Are being shared with the audiences. Um, recently there's been a lot of news about rights for the LGBT community, right? Uh, a lot of gender identity topics are being constantly released throughout throughout social media.
(1:04:33) Yeah. You know, you are now uh, in deep into in in Indian Sanatana Dharma and Indian values, Indian roots. According to you, what are your thoughts on gender identity, on the LGBT community? Okay. And what what do you what do you what do you think? Well, at the end, we believe we are not this body. If we go to the roots of our um, knowledge and what we believe is we are not this body.
(1:05:05) Uh, so if we identify too much or I'm I'm become this feminine and I'm in this feminine body and we will get uh, stuck only in on that. Uh so, for us is doesn't matter you are men, woman, any trans, wherever you want to identify, we know you're a living being, you're a soul, and we embrace everyone. This is our beliefs.
(1:05:28) Doesn't matter um you know, like uh if if you connect more as a woman as a man, uh we embrace everyone because at the end everyone is a living being, everyone is a soul. We even respect animals, we even respect trees. So, why we discriminate, you know, um transgender? I don't believe that. I feel like compassion and tolerance and love should be spread all over.
(1:05:54) But just try not to believe more that you are this and that. Just try to go more deeper and you will be happier. I feel that. No, I think you beautifully put that in like in the in a way that I was even better than what I would have been able to describe it as. That Yeah, first of all, regardless of what you're identifying as, love everybody, right? We shouldn't be shaming anybody, we shouldn't be bringing hate upon anybody.
(1:06:18) But what you said is so beautiful that at the end of the day, know that you're more than that. You're more you're what you're calling your identity. There if you go deeper, there's more than that. You're more than just male or female. You're more than just Because this body change. We see the changes. We go from boyhood to youth and to old age.
(1:06:39) This body is changing constantly. But then the what is not changing is our inside. It's our soul. And this is transcendental. So, when we understand that connection, that we are spiritual souls, that we this is this actually what we should be worried and you know, get more aware of that of just in case like I beautify this body, let me do my nose job, let me do this, let me do that.
(1:07:08) Uh we will be a stuck on this, you know, so I feel like go deeper but love should be for everyone. Doesn't matter your cast, doesn't matter your religion, doesn't matter where are you coming from. I will treat the sweeper as the millionaire the same. We are all the same. Doesn't matter your sex at the end. I feel like we should see everyone as transcendental and the Vedas says that We have Paramatma inside.
(1:07:37) It's not just our our Jiva, the soul, but we have Paramatma and everyone is carrying God inside. A tree, animal, woman, man, transgender, anything. This person is carrying God inside and this is how we should see with transcendental eyes, with a spiritual eyes, a spiritual soul. So I feel that's the most important. You know, what you just said that we're carrying God inside.
(1:08:04) That that is something that that I really hope the viewers take from this. I don't think we could end this conversation. Although I can go so much further and we will talk more but for now I feel like that's a great way to end the conversation. Love everyone as you said, no matter the cast, no matter the religion.
(1:08:21) At the end of the day we're all one and we're all carrying God within ourselves. We are that. So thank you so much on the God. Thank you very much. I was very happy to be here. Thank you.
Author Name:Amira Arora & Aryaan Arora
Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@arorashowco
Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_j6w_s1UU
Title: REAL Black Magic & Ghost Encounter To KRISHNA BHAKTI | Power of S*xual Energy & Demons | Ambika Devi
Author Name: Amira Arora & Aryaan Arora
Description: Enjoy this podcast with Ambika Devi exploring the power of perserving s*xual energy, real life ghosts & demons encounters, & true love as defined by Shri Krishna :)
Please like, comment, share, and subscribe to this channel as it would really help us bring more guests on the show and spread their knowledge to you!💙
Follow me on Instagram 👇🏼
@aryaanarora
/ aryaanarora
0:00: Introduction
1:30: Overcoming lust & Sexual Desires
6:00: True Love & KRISHNA
20:00: Horror, Demons, Ghosts, Satan
26:00 Black Magic
30:00: Can Drugs lead to spirituality?
38:00: Meditation & Yoga
45:00: Death & NDE's
53:00: Dark Side of Social Media & Addiction
#krishan #horror #spirituality ##shreekrishna #ambikadevi #radhekrishna #radhe #radheradhe #krishna #krishnalove #spirituality #meditation #bhakti
Transcript:
(00:00) For a man to be a man, he has to be able to control his sex drive. He has to understand what his sexual energy really is. The strongest of all energies is the sexual energy. And from the root chakra, you can transform that energy going up to the brain. Black magic, do you really think it's real? There is another type of entities.
(00:24) And these entities can be called as ghosts, can be called as demons. Many times we could see even how the body was transforming. One day I was looking and you could see actually how the limbs were like changing. The person was transforming, her voice was changing. I really believe like it was something out coming out from from that soul.
(00:49) If we talk about higher love, it's actually I don't expect you to serve me, but I will serve you with all my care, all my love, all my attention, without the expecting nothing in return. That's true love. That's why Krishna means the supreme attractive. He attracts everyone. I have experienced uh in my subconscious, I have seen some visions. Ambika, welcome to Under the Tree.
(01:17) Thank you very much. Very grateful to be here. And you know, before I say this, I'm sure that the viewers would totally agree with what I'm about to say, but you're very beautiful from the outside, but more than that, you're a beautiful human being on the inside. Thank you very much. Very kind of you. You know, I I recently saw a post of yours on Instagram, and it truly touched my heart.
(01:39) You You talked about what it really means about being a man. Mhm. How for a man to be a man, he has to be able to control his sex drive. He has to understand what his sexual energy really is. In fact, he even mentioned specific examples where you where you talked about athletes and how a lot of athletes before their games, they make sure to abstain from sexual activities because they understand how potent that sexual energy really is.
(02:06) And I would love for you to shed some light on that, especially for the viewers, yeah. Yeah, well, this happened because of a story. One question, of course, some men feel like very weak in that area. Like the sex drive is very intense that they cannot control it and is actually true is the strongest of all energies is the sexual energy.
(02:32) If you see, we are all coming from that energy. So, it's vitality and if a man, especially, cannot control this urge, so many disasters happen. As we know, recently, 30 days ago, a big disaster happened in Calcutta. I feel like this is the main example of a man who really cannot control this sex drive and is just allowing all these desires that turns very dark and commit such a offense to women, especially.
(03:13) I don't want to go to that topic, but it's abuse in many living beings. So, I feel like the men have to be very strong enough. They have to understand that it's a path for them to to really take care of this vitality they have inside because it's such a strong and powerful energy. That's why you were mentioned like a football, basketball, boxers, they absence from sex for weeks before a match.
(03:45) So, they can feel a strong, not just physically, but mentally. So, they have a strategies. So, imagine if a man can take care of that energy and you know, we are starting with the mudra that we have here. There is many ways that you can focus with that mudra and from the root chakra you can like transform that energy going up to the brain and you will see much like in a much wiser ways, you can say.
(04:21) Like more clear, your mind will open more and it's kind of like you can experience till you do it. Again, I can share something with you that we practice in the ashrams as brahmacharis. We were following all these practices to keep that energy woman and men. You could see how the men were learning verses from the Bhagavatam and they can recite faster because they were following celibacy.
(04:47) So, you can see that's why we follow brahmachari. Brahmachari A brahmachari means they are students. Uh they learn the skills, they focus in reading the scriptures to learn. It's like the student life. So, I feel when a man actually need this um kind of like a stage on his life to follow celibacy. And yeah, for me I know maybe sounds fanatic for some but I feel like when you find your partner then you can a true partner.
(05:21) And ideally when it's love and exchange then that energy can be shared. And of course as many cultures share the same idea that is for procreation, you know? But if not, do it with love. Not just throw it and waste it. These are very important energies. Uh very valuable energies, your vitality. So, make yourself a strong.
(05:51) If you're a man, take this uh like a very, very important source for you to become a stronger in many aspects. Beautifully said, and I'm so glad that you brought up the concept of love cuz that's that's one of the things I really wanted to talk about today because I feel like the love is is not understood in its purest form these days, especially because of the dating culture.
(06:15) And first it used to be in the US only and a lot of the western countries. You had Bumble, you had Tinder, all these apps. And and relationships are mostly situationships. And it was based on an appearance that you make of yourself, whether that's just a few photos or a short bio of a certain word. So, at the end of the day you're trying to impress someone.
(06:31) It's not based on two human beings really really understanding what's beneath that, beneath the outside, beneath this body suit, right? And I wanted to talk to you, according to you, what is true love? True love, wow. I feel like love is um that beautiful energy in exchange of serving each other. Uh without if we talk about higher love, is actually I don't expect you to serve me, but I will serve you with all my care, all my love, all my attention without the expecting nothing in return.
(07:13) That's true love. But now that that's one of the most difficult love to find because we are always expecting attention. If uh if I give you this, you give me that. And like you say, now sadly, if someone is attracted to someone, um I'll give you something, you give me pleasure. You know, it's just like uh I will give you something, you give me something.
(07:41) It's not that love without expecting anymore. and I feel um when you understand that love is service, then you can love like your mother love you without expecting nothing. Yeah, maybe love is there you are fulfilling her heart. She's serving you since you are baby she's trying to feed you. She's sleepless trying to stop you crying and that is so much beautiful love without expecting now.
(08:11) She's just loving you because you are you. You are part of her and I feel that's one of the most closest and sincere love we can experience in this material aspect, but of course when we speak about love we always imagine the male and the female now, the connection that is the strongest at the same time. You can you cannot deny that.
(08:36) When you are in love, uh you always think about that person you eat then you can just remember if you listen that name you feel butterflies in your stomach when you are in love, now. But I feel like um it If we don't protect that love, if we don't nurture that love not just in the physical attraction but going more into a spiritual connection, then it's not going to last.
(09:08) And that's why people get tired and they change change change of partners and they want they're craving again for that feeling, but that feeling will never last. So we need to go above from that attraction physical attraction to something more deep that is a spiritual. And I feel when people connect in that aspect, they can really reach to what we say pure love.
(09:36) Wow, so well put. I mean, the fact that you brought up the concept of that love is not give and take, right? That love is a form of service. That's, you know, I totally I totally relate to that. Especially I'm so happy you brought the love between a son or a daughter to his mother because that love is unconditional.
(09:54) Yeah, I think that love isn't about give and take that I A mother doesn't do what she does because she expects something in return, right? She She does it because it's out of that purity in the Oh, yeah. And once you realize that, then if you want to have a relationship and get married to someone, then sure, but understand what true love is, you know, it's not physical.
(10:15) It's not just physical intimacy, right? And just like So so beautiful put. And now that we are talking about love, I would love for you to talk about your love for Krishna. Oh, my love for Krishna. Wow. Well, um my journey it starts by to be honest, I It's not a moment in my life that I was atheist or that I doubt of God. Uh I am coming actually from Christian family. Okay.
(10:47) And I I still love many of the practice. When I'm with my family, we read the Bible, we pray. Uh but of course, um Krishna comes in your path in a miracle ways. And in Colombia, this happened in my country only in South America. Um I connect with Krishna. And the first time I listen his pure names, uh they teach me the mantra and I feel like just by connecting with his names, that's the way that I will say I cannot say I fall in love of him, but it attracts me a lot.
(11:27) That's why Krishna means the supreme attractive. He attracts everyone. That's true. So he catch me. He catch me and I was just in my house. I was just 15 years old. And I was just reciting the Maha mantra, the Hare Krishna Maha mantra. And even I remember that I went to my house and I was teaching my brother and my little sister this mantra.
(11:55) And I was like, "Chant with me. I just learned this and they said if you chant this, you will feel protected and you will feel secure." And I was just the happiest. And they say, "Yeah, if you chant this, you will be happy." And I could experience just without knowledge, without reading any scriptures. It was just automatic.
(12:15) You know, it was just calling to my soul, to my heart. So, I connect by the Krishna, by the Maha mantra, by his holy names. Beautiful, beautiful. You know, I would love for you to talk about the power of doing mantras and chanting because it's such it's such a vast concept and it's getting popular out the throughout the world.
(12:36) I mean, you look at Krishna Das, he's popularized chanting. Someone I had the privilege of doing a podcast with them a while back. Wow, beautiful. The power that he Yeah, his voice is is like you are like I don't know how to feel. It's like you are He says he's singing, he just closes his eyes. He doesn't even open his eyes when he sings. He's not just singing for show.
(12:55) He's not singing to entertain. I can see everyone connects through his kirtans, through his chant. Yeah. Well, um mantras, I believe everyone knows that are the most powerful. They are um as prayers, very deep. I would say prayers um are kind of like I do I do both. I do mantras and I do prayers. My prayers are more like something that I create for God.
(13:24) I see it's like my diary with my voice to him. Whatever it wants to come from my heart. That's a prayer for me. And the mantras is this powerful and a strong sound vibration that really are so intense, so powerful that really the meaning is man is the mind and liberation is when you can liberate yourself from this mind, these thoughts, and really focus in the spiritual platform with God.
(13:56) With the divine. Mantras are powerful. It's just you can really feel it. If you've never been in kirtan especially, I feel like you have must experience because it's one of the most wonderful experience that you really feel in pure divinity around you. And especially the Maha mantra, that is the one I connect for the first time.
(14:19) Maha is the greatest. And of course, this mantra as they say it is just to glorify Krishna and Radha. So it's the is the union between Krishna and Radha. It's just names of Radha Rani and Krishna saying how Krishna is the most attractive and Radha Rani is that internal love inside us, inside Krishna.
(14:43) So it's uniting both names and glorify the pure love. So when you are in the pure love, of course it's joy and happiness. So that's why we have that chant Hare Krishna and be happy. And I really experience it. For me personally, I was always like a skeptic. Even though I I was my family was primarily Hindu. Okay.
(15:03) And I went to a Catholic high school, so I was introduced to a lot of different religious views. But at the end of the day I was I was kind of agnostic early on and I was pretty much just skeptic and trying to read all the texts and seeing what is what. And and I never thought I would ever be so glued to Krishna. Wow. Yeah, I see in your house it's Krishna all over. Very beautiful.
(15:26) And now that I look back to it, you know, when I was 6 years old I I I started by on stage performing dancing and on a lot of Bollywood hip-hop everything and I was dance my first performance on stage in front of a thousand people was like when I was 6 or 7 years old and it was me playing Krishna. Oh, I know.
(15:45) And I was I was a like a little kid and I was playing the flute and I remember I had to literally cross my feet like this in the flute position and I was just holding that position for like 30 to 40 minutes. The blessing of Krishna has always been there and now he's completely changed my life not only like as as a human being but even as an artist and I'm sure you can relate to this you're such a beautiful dancer.
(16:07) Like when I'm not a beautiful dancer but I do try. I've seen the videos you dance with your heart and that's the difference when you get connected to whether it's spirituality or whether it's whether it's someone like Krishna you when you're doing as an artist when you're performing you're not just performing just to entertain people.
(16:25) Your vision becomes bigger you're performing out of of you're performing And to share. To share. To share that feeling I feel that's the most important. You know, I was very very shy before too shy I mean I'm a bit shy I still it doesn't look like but before I couldn't dance. I my dream was to dance and to sing I'll tell you.
(16:46) It was like my dream to be a singer my dream dream to be a dancer but I was super shy. I couldn't even speak to elders. It was that extreme I feel like Krishna consciousness the path of being in this beautiful path of Krishna bhakti it changed so much in me like so many things I start singing mantras. Okay.
(17:15) That's how like if you ask me to sing I cannot sing any English or Spanish song. I can only sing mantras. And if you ask me to dance, I can I'm Colombian but I don't dance the salsa. I dance even Krishna leelas that is Odissi. And my dreams turn like Krishna fulfill my dreams in his path. So this is very interesting because all it started when I went to Vrindavan. Okay.
(17:40) My dream was to sing. I was like Krishna, I want to sing, I want to sing. And I started the only way I was starting was playing harmonium and singing some mantras. And the only way of I start dancing I say I'm going to be a dancer. It was dancing Odissi that I didn't know mostly all dance and performance is just Krishna leelas.
(18:00) For Jagannath ji that all what they dance for him is about Krishna's pastime with the gopis and Radha Rani. So I'm amazed how Krishna fulfilled my desires. My big big big desires but all is in his path. So it's very interesting to see this and I don't feel shy when I have to do these two things.
(18:22) But if you ask me to dance another day I'm like, okay, let me try. Or if you ask me to sing another song I'm like, but if it's all connected I completely forget about this body and I'm doing like with the soul. Like it's very connected to I don't want to say I'm like that high level person but I'm just sharing with you what I feel.
(18:43) I don't feel shy doing these two things. Exactly. I totally relate to you as a singer and dancer myself. Yeah. When I when I'm it's so weird. I In fact, I I've made so many originals. A lot of them are just kind of entertaining originals and and you know, classic pop songs. But then once I I just recently made a song called Avadhi, which which is which is a Hindi word but it um in English it basically means you're a wanderer.
(19:06) Like we're just wandering souls on this Okay. It's just like it's about my spiritual journey. And I When when I do that or when I just sing my bhajans, whether it's Vishvadi Govinda Shri Krishna Govinda, I'm just in a like just like you said, you forget and like you're in that state. It's It's a like a meditative state.
(19:24) And my Guruma I I I I have Thank God we I have a Hindustani classical Guruma who told me that when you're singing, especially when you're doing bhajans and mantras like you do, Then. you're not just singing. You It's called Shabda Yoga. You are in a form of a meditative state. Yeah, really connecting, no? It's a real yoga.
(19:43) It's a real meditation. Yeah, yeah, yeah. And what a beauty is to share that. So. So yeah, we have to break it and dance more and sing more. Now I'm going to change the gears a little bit. Okay. Because just because I feel like a lot of viewers and they they've gotten the taste of love. They got They've understood what love truly means now.
(20:03) Now I want to go a little bit dark, right? Okay. Just because I feel like a lot of people are The nice topic. For some people. Just because I feel like it's also important for the viewers to get clarity on the dark side, right? You know, ever since I was a kid, because I'm into acting, whether it's watching movies or reading scripts, I was always interested in horror scripts.
(20:26) And and and in the beginning maybe I used to get scared when I was a kid. Now I look at it as comedy. A lot of it's a lot of the movies that are made. But I always wondered how much truth is it to this? You know, if you can talk a little bit about black magic, a little bit about the dark arts and experience.
(20:45) Like, do you really think it's real? Well, many people will call me crazy, those who never ever experienced, but I since child, I saw it and I'm not It's not because I'm crazy. I I also share with many friends Yeah. that have some sense a bit more open that other people. But yeah, we cannot We are Prakriti, you know, in this world.
(21:14) We are mostly made of different type of material. But, there are other type of entities that are spiritual or even on another planet. Some people don't Yeah, they believe No, even in other planets, people still don't believe that there is uh living entities over there. So, I find that part quite uh crazy that we believe we are the only living beings, of course, with animals.
(21:42) But, it's actually much more. If you open um in the in the Vedic scriptures or any scriptures, they are talking of these subtle bodies. That is a spiritual bodies. Some of these spiritual bodies we don't see. We are actually spiritual souls. Uh we This is just um our motor. This is kind of like our vehicle. But, there is another type of entities.
(22:10) And these entities can be called as ghosts, can be called as demons, or subtle bodies. Some people just call it like that. Um Yeah, so of course, of course, if you you can feel even some energies around you. Um can be positive or negative. There you can find both. Depends where are you your surrounders, no? Um of course, if we are more into positive energy, positive thoughts, good people, good habits, we won't face that much.
(22:48) And I'm not saying when I was a child, I was having bad habits. I was I was very quite pure, like a normal child. But, uh my mother used to be kind of like a exorcist in those in those times. She's a Christian. Um many Christians do this type of uh practices that are very intense. Uh so I could see a lot.
(23:14) I could experience a lot. Um I saw many different entities. I saw moving stuff. It's not just my mind. I was with my brother, sister. They all could see, even friends, even friends of my mother, even my mother. Like we all could see it. So we just you would witness your mom like doing an exorcism? Yes. And it was very intense.
(23:37) Like voices that you will never ever thought in your life could like actually like a horror movie. I feel like horror movies is just uh people experience this type of things and they want to recreate it because most of the these things are actually true. Oh, it is. Uh but yeah, many people say it's just um a schizophrenia or something like that, but I feel uh come on.
(24:01) We're We cannot just be the only living entities here. It's much more. And you can actually feel the presence uh of a person. Some person can carry one energy that is kind of a strong or a person that is uh presence that is more divine. Something is with that, you know, with that. I will say like a personalities with that person.
(24:25) If you are carrying Krishna with you, you will find the divine in that person and it's a energy around you. Some people feel angels are with them. Some people may feel um sadly ghosts around them, you know? Some people can have that. Some people can uh their someone close in the family die and they can still feel the presence, you know? That That much people can can understand, but also it happens with people who have more open the sense, I feel. Wow.
(24:57) Okay. Yeah, but I do agree that we are not we cannot be just the only ones. Even the scriptures, the Vedas, I 100% believe in the Vedas. The Vedas actually speak about this type of entities. Yeah, I know 100%. I'm so happy you brought that up cuz like now there's so many scientists that are that are researching into different dimensions and and our Vedas our Vedas our scriptures already talk about those different dimensions.
(25:24) You know, and then it's like you were talking about exorcisms and you know, I I I saw I saw I watched this show called Evil. I don't know if you so it's a show in US and it's it's basically a whole show every episode it's about it's a part of the Catholic Church and they're doing exorcisms and it's like very much in detail.
(25:44) So is that real life? It's not just a No, it is a scripted show but they base it off of like a lot of like kind of Yeah, things that happens. that have happened and base it off of people's actual encounters kind of that is that has happened from that has been recorded within the Catholic Church. And you know, I all these videos in every episode I I watched all these like exorcisms and I see that that devil that that kind of negative force it comes out of that out of that person while they're doing the exorcism and you know,
(26:14) whether they're putting holy water on them or all these things. When you witness the exorcism whether it was as a kid or whenever within that your mom was doing, did you see that happen? Did you see that negative force kind of come out of the individual? Well, the thing is we were not allowed to be there because it was actually intense so we could actually hear.
(26:33) But yeah, many times we could see even how the body was transforming. Like sometimes we were like because you know, my mother was kind of like a big preacher. She's still is but now she's more again she went more to introvert. She wants to pray more sleep for her dear ones not have like a followers, but she would she was like a spiritual master with followers.
(26:57) That huge she wants and she was and I remember yeah, one day I was looking and you could see actually how the limbs were like changing. Oh my god. And the person was like like a real movie, you know, like like she was kind of transforming, her voice was changing. It was the way like I don't really or she you have to be a very great actor to do something like that, but I really believe like it was something out coming out from from that soul from that body.
(27:31) Um, and yeah, actually I feel like um, depends of your activities, depends of what you uh, feed your mind, feed your vision, uh, all that will come to you. If you just watch negativity, sometimes that energy can catch you. If you watch too much violence, if you like all that environment all the time, you will fight feel that heavy energy on you.
(27:59) If you are a gossiper and you just speak bad about everyone, something can possess you and just you don't realize anymore how you're criticizing others. So, I feel it's it's not just a demon in that area, but also we have inside of us that little demon and the little angel. So, also depend on our practices. I feel like you are the one who feed the yourself.
(28:25) Do you want to feed that with good energy or with something negative? Um, and we do have both. I feel like you can you can uh, try to um, go to the spiritual path, but you have to leave outside some of the bad habits. That's why the spiritual path is always about honesty, about truthful. So, I feel like if you just engage yourself in lies, in gambling, or something like that, it's going to bring your consciousness a bit down.
(28:57) And energies are especially drugs, alcohol. Many people they are not anymore themselves when they consume this. So, you can see some energy overtake them. Yeah, I mean I I I agree with you on that, but just to just to play devil's advocate for a second because actually I've there's so much research going on into drugs, right? Especially psychedelic drugs.
(29:19) I wanted to talk to you a little bit about that. We are talking about different realities, different entities. You know, it's it's in fact a Ram Dass. He was a professor in Harvard. Eventually he moved to moved to India and started following Neem Karoli Baba Ji. Okay. And but before what he was doing at Harvard and the reason he initially got fired from Harvard was because he was kind of already on that spiritual path, but he was experimenting with psychedelic drugs. Okay.
(29:48) Mainly he was doing LSD and psilocybin. And he was experimenting with it. Now, that was then. Now, DMT is like everywhere. If you watch all these podcasts even I I think I saw this on Joe Rogan Joe Rogan's podcast. He extensively talks about DMT like throughout his podcast. And he even talked about a DMT experience where he said that once he took it he had visions of gods and goddesses and god-like creature with many arms and many much like that look like an arc Madre and all stuff like this.
(30:19) Do you think it's possible for anyone to get to that state through psychedelic drugs or not? Well, um I'm coming from a place where they use a lot of medicine. They call medicine to all these plant medicines that ayahuasca or or fungus or things like that. I mushrooms, I'm sorry, fungus. Mushrooms and uh then they end up connecting with the mixture of psychedelics, like how you say it.
(30:53) Um I feel uh for sure these plant medicines have some deep connection with something as spiritual. But uh suddenly, like for example, the abuelos we call them in South America. They call They are like we call them grandfathers because they actually their connection with God was through nature and through using all these plants, medicine plants.
(31:22) So, for sure I feel like it's a connection there. But what I don't agree is the only use this to connect and not using yourself, your consciousness, to really connect with God. You are actually at the end depending on something to try to connect with a spirituality when we are by nature spiritual souls. It should come from our inside without any substance.
(31:47) So, I feel like you don't really need that if you go deep and deep. We could actually I have many friends I have experienced uh in my subconscious I have seen some visions without having any drug or something like that. I mean, this is very personal. It's but I'm sharing with you to so you know it's visions happening and it's not just I'm imagining.
(32:14) It's actually uh we go deep in our meditation and you can experience just by your breath, by chanting mantras, and by being sincere in your process. You don't need nothing else. You just need yourself to connect with God and this is the real union, why we call bhakti yoga, the the love of yoga. Uh the yoga of love, um that union with God. So, you don't really need anything.
(32:40) You just need to be sincere. And yeah, we need to follow as still if if you want to be a good a student, you need to follow and you study. So, same thing if you want to be if you want to really experience some a spiritual ex- yeah, how to say a spiritual visions, it must be some practices that you have to follow.
(33:07) And if you are willing to do it all your heart, it's going to happen. So, I I do agree that yes, psychedelics uh, open up a spirituality, but most of people are taking it mostly for enjoyment and trying to go out from this material aspect. Yeah, they're escaping a little bit. And at the end, they stay there and some of them they may get lost.
(33:36) So, I will say I I respect my elders from South America, but I don't agree it's for everyone. I I do agree that better be consciousness, be aware because you are not fully aware when you are under that. Exactly. Uh, be aware. Uh, try to bring up your consciousness with a divine service to God. Yeah, I'm so glad you said that be aware and it's not for everyone.
(34:08) I I totally agree with that because you know, in a lot of ways, if you're just doing it for escapism because you're tired of this reality, then that's not what the goal is, right? If you if and especially if you do let's say you take mushrooms or you take DMT and you do get a vision that's out of this reality and it feels like it makes you realize that oh, this is this is just just illusion, etc. etc.
(34:32) Because it's a drug, you're going to have an experience, but then it's going to go down and it'll be temporary. Whereas book the yoga, yoga, it allows you to do it through within yourself. What you said that it's relying on external substance is very different when you know that it all that power is within yourself.
(34:49) Yeah, exactly. Thank you. and yoga, you can achieve that state. And And now that we're talking about it, I would love for you to shed some light on yoga, on meditation because these days it's kind of getting distorted, especially in the west cuz I think as you can see on a hot yoga like a lot of stuff here. Yeah, it's very interesting.
(35:08) Um Of course, yoga and meditation, we have to give all the credits first to India. It's coming from this beautiful place and many people are connecting uh with the spirituality through yoga, through meditation. But yeah, as you say, suddenly many people are using either for showing up or just some physical activity to keep the body good.
(35:35) Um they don't really connect with that the importance of really union again because yoga is union between body, mind, and soul. And uh then all this is connecting to the super soul, to the divine. So, this is the real meaning of yoga to union unite all these three to the supreme energy.
(35:59) So, people are forgetting this and they are some of them they just stay in the body and they don't go up. They just feel good because actually I feel like yoga is the best best best I don't want to say exercise, but it's actually the best. If everyone practice yoga, they're all the sickness, any pain, any diabetes, whatever that people are suffering a lot here in India especially, they can solve this problem with yoga and I'm very sad that people in in the West are practicing more yoga than Indians in South itself.
(36:36) It's such a beautiful beautiful um life uh style I will say. But yeah, many people just stay in the I feel good with yoga, my body good good looks and everything is good but they don't go above. That is the idea of control the mind. That's why we have pranayama, we have the different type of meditation, trataka meditation and you know like the candle gazing, the sun gazing.
(37:03) All that is to help us to control the mind, the breath, the work. And of course ideally is to go inside to our spirit, connect in that part and as I mentioned connect with the super soul. So people are forgetting about the real meaning of yoga. They are just commercializing. Sadly, they are doing all this type of beer yoga, dog yoga and I feel like we should go back to the roots.
(37:32) It's very very crazy. I have in Dubai, I also live between Dubai and India and I also teach yoga in Dubai. And I was chatting with one of my friends. She asked me, I want to do a teacher training in India. And I say, yes I did in this part. I did my teacher training in Mysore but I she wanted something because she's already very good physical body, very good and I say, I want to take you actually to one place that you will connect more internally now.
(38:02) I want you to connect more mentally and internally your soul. So I told her to go to this a specific place. It's in Govardhan Eco Village to do that teacher training. And in Dubai girls, I'm sorry to say this, they are wearing bras and they are wearing leggings and you know they are just like yoga Someone say yoga boga? It's like just like It's like yoga is just um entertainment now.
(38:30) Uh who is more flexible and that's all who can show off. This girl, she was sharing with me how much her after this teacher training like changed her so much that she's like literally another person because she really connect with the roots of yoga. Uh now you go, she's very res- I mean she's very Now she wears her normal yoga pants, her t-shirt.
(39:00) Now she's like going in the deep meditation and she's the happiest because she really understood the connection of yoga. She said what they are showing us in the west is not real yoga what I came to India to learn. So she was the happiest and she say, "I want this to go worldwide. I would like to share this with everyone in Dubai." Um so I was the happiest because there is a still this schools that teach you the root of yoga, not the connecting with this tree, your souls, your body, um your mind, of course.
(39:32) So I feel like this is very important and I encourage many of my friends, bharatiyas, many Indians to follow this beautiful uh lifestyle that is to practice more yoga, more meditation. I know I I I definitely agree with you. I'm so happy you talked about how it's been distorted and how people are doing it just for flexibility, just just to do some movements.
(39:53) Oh, I'm doing the Handstand. That's the ultimate one. Yeah. You are a true yogi if you do the handstand. Yeah, now this is like that. Yeah, now it is it is. And I And I'm so glad you put that because and how you said that it's a it's about connecting with the divine, right? And and I think that's what many people and I hope the viewers are can take that away from this because even in fact recently, even though I regularly meditate, um and I started my meditation journey just uh probably in 2016. 2016 I started it. I started with
(40:23) transcendental meditation at the beginning. In fact, recently I I went to Hyderabad and there was this global event over 10,000 people and it was basically a Siddhi program, right? And we went and we did TM, but then they also taught us a more advanced uh meditation practice and it was for like around 2 weeks.
(40:46) And we were doing meditation there and we were given sutras that were based off the Patanjali sutras, right? Usually. And basically eventually what happened was we were able to do yogic flying or which I guess it's in a way you can call it in a way levitation and I was very skeptic. It took me like a week before I was able to put my mind to it cuz as long as you as long as you think from the mind, you're never going to be able to be in that meditation state.
(41:11) The whole point of doing meditation is to get rid of that monkey. And and eventually what happened was I we were able to do yogic flying and and it kind of changed it took you out of the realization that oh, I am just this body. This is just a body suit. Like you said and this this is just a vehicle. More than this, right? And I'm so glad that you said that and hopefully the viewers take take a lot from that, right? Yeah.
(41:37) I feel like many people exactly like what you experienced, even me. I the beginning was so hard to do yoga, but it's mainly because we cannot keep in one posture for long time. And in our mind is like oh, this is so tiring. Oh, this is so boring. And the idea I will say like if you really want to start the number one thing is what we did at the first time we came to this world is we need to learn how to breathe.
(42:05) As soon as we focus in the breath, our mind is going to calm down. If you see when you learn how to breathe, you learn how to control your emotions. You learn how to control your mind. You learn at the end how to control your body. And everything is so simple, sounds so simple like yeah, controlling your breath, but try to do for 5 minutes and you will get tired.
(42:29) So, as soon as you understand the whole focus first go through the breath, then you will start understanding what is yoga. So, that's what people um cannot connect because they try just in the posture and in the mind and they get agitated. But, I will say uh the key is in the breath. Is that actually how people say my teacher actually say that yoga is about um we can say 70% is just breath.
(43:04) How the pranayama, how to learn how to breathe. The rest Asanas are coming later, but the first thing you have to learn in yoga is how to breathe. And then it's going to come the peace of mind and the control of the body. That's why if you do a posture that requires balancing, the only way you will learn how to balance, of course, is the focus, but now the key is the breath.
(43:32) The pain That's why I don't I don't know if you receive any chiro- I'm sorry, chiropractic or something like that some massage. They say what? Breathe. Any pain, you have to breathe. So, exactly in yoga, if you are doing some posture, the only way to you know, to fulfill that posture is by breathing.
(43:52) To control the mind is by breathing. And we are forgetting the importance of pranayama. So, it's very, very important. And I'm so glad you said that. I you know, a lot of people do really just get stuck in in the in the movements and they don't realize that breath is the most You just saying that really just brought me back to a near-death experience that I had.
(44:14) You know, I This was uh in 2022 uh right before I came over to India and started working on projects here. I you know, I I had an asthma attack even though I didn't have asthma. Later on I figured out I was I was working on a script and I had a few of my co-actors there. And we were we were doing the dialogues and suddenly I was speaking my dogs.
(44:37) When you when you do scripts when you talk like we are talking now we don't think about our breath, right? Yeah, yeah. Oh, that's tough. I was doing my script and suddenly I realized, "Oh, it's difficult to breathe. I'm unable to get air from my lungs. I'm unable to exhale exhale nothing." I was like, "Oh, I was in denial. Oh, nothing is going to happen.
(44:56) I'll be totally fine." Eventually my lungs just they completely swole up. And I and I and I do whatever voice I could use I told my friend, "Call the ambulance. Call the Woah, you really like And and I walked down my stairs and I just opened the front door in in hopes that maybe you know, maybe just by getting some air I could I could I could not not leave this body cuz I could feel I could feel like a sense of release at that moment and I was scared.
(45:24) For the first time I was scared. All my memories flashed before my eyes. And the second I blacked out the second it finished I felt a sudden sense of release and I wish I could say that there was a certain amount of knowledge that I gained during that time. They they declared me dead. I don't know exactly how many seconds it was because the ambulance came like 10-15 minutes late.
(45:45) But when I woke up in the hospital I had this sudden realization that I am one with the universe and the universe is one with me. I realized for the first Wow. not this body. I realized what you saying the value of breath. And since that point my life completely changed. I started actually diving deep into spirituality.
(46:07) I came to India, started singing Krishna bhajans. Wow. Everything changed. A really wake up call. It was a wake up call. Without that, I feel like I've gotten a second life. I'm not going to lie. That experience really really brought brought the truth. Yeah. I think like what you are saying brings me that thought that I was just having.
(46:29) I was just in Vrindavan yesterday. And I was just sharing with you before we started the podcast that after COVID many people are receiving that spiritual call actually. You see most of the holiest places full packed. If you go to Rishikesh is packed. If you go to Vrindavan is packed. If you go to any Ayodhya is super packed.
(46:53) Kumbh Mela I believe it's going to be this time like double packed. So, it's amazing. I I don't know people have the experience of in COVID we lost many souls. And people are becoming more devoted to God. And visiting things so many places. But I was just funny finding that interesting how people are coming more to the spiritual path nowadays.
(47:21) And And that's interesting. The only thing that I would like to share is like if you really visit these places, go with the intention to really learn. It's not just because it's a trend to go to spiritual places. It's not just because um it's maybe Westerners are visiting and they want to understand what's going on. I mean or just because yeah, everyone is publishing now I'm in Vrindavan.
(47:50) Now I'm in Rishikesh. Jai Ganga Ma. Jai Yamuna Ma. And they really you don't understand the deepest of this holy place. Um so I I why I'm sharing this is because I was sharing with you that I've seen it's a kind of like a happiness at the same time, but at the same time kind of sadness.
(48:13) Um because I went to Vrindavan in 2011. I went to live there in 2011. It was kind of empty. It was not many people at all. Uh it was completely different of how is Vrindavan now. So I could experience a Vrindavan that it was kind of like peaceful and it was easier to meditate. And I feel happy to see that many amount of people that you cannot even walk.
(48:40) Like it's like wow, so many people is coming to see Krishna. And that's so amazing. They're recognizing Krishna here in Vrindavan in the holiest place. But at the same time it's kind of sad to see because many of the real so many because viral songs are happening. People are visiting just again for the trend idea or for just taking a picture and but it's not that deep understanding there.
(49:10) And why I'm saying that again is because I kind of like interviewed some people. I took the work to interview some people and I asked "Why are you coming?" Like I was like the happiest. I was like, "Why are you coming to Vrindavan?" And many people is like, "Um uh because I saw in reels. Oh, because it's a famous place." And I was like, "Do you know um anything about Krishna and a past time and his story that happened here in Vrindavan?" They're like, "No, I don't know anything.
(49:37) I just came to ISKCON and Banke Bihari." And I just want to take picture. And I was like "Um do you know what is the Yamuna River?" Many of them they don't even know. Many of them they just want to ask what is Banke Bihari or what this Mandir. And they don't go above that that uh there are so many holy holiest places in Vrindavan.
(50:00) It's a whole brush since that brush is like a lotus that open open up like Barsana, Govardhan, Jadav and so many Govardhan of course and people is not taking the real truth advantage of these places. So I I I will say like if you come to Vrindavan number one fill yourself a little bit with the knowledge of who's Krishna the why Vrindavan is so dear for Krishna because of course many people knows Krishna as Bhagavad Gita the king of Dwarka and the one who spoke the Gita but Vrindavan Krishna was another in another mood in a loving mood. He wanted
(50:41) to serve his devotees and allow devotees to serve him. So Vrindavan is a place actually of service. And remember if you go to Vrindavan the main service we can do is not just obtaining this magical experience and energy and prayers but also I will say that Vrindavan requires a lot of love in the idea of not polluting this place taking care and don't I know it this is kind of difficult to ask but it's a lot of garbage already so don't throw garbage and do some seva that is required in this holy places and not
(51:25) only Vrindavan actually in the whole world the whole world is a beautiful paradise that God gave to us so let's just keep that I don't know I'm sorry this was my service before in Vrindavan I used to pick up garbage with a group of people from South America our service was to clean Vrindavan our project was called Brush Vrindavan Act Now and uh we really wanted to see Vrindavan clean and we did it for few years, but after COVID everything has to close up and now it's even the garbage is uh increasing way more. So, for me it's
(52:04) very painful to see that after so much so many years we spent of serving uh Vrindavan in this way trying to keep it clean, trying to teach people, especially the pilgrims, not to pollute and to see how COVID after COVID brought that many pilgrims and it actually became worse in that aspect. I will just bring that I would like to bring this awareness to everyone like serve Vrindavan if you come and don't pollute it.
(52:40) Try to be as much clean as much protect the green areas and all again all in Vrindavan, Rishikesh, Char Dham, everywhere, Ayodhya. All now it's going to be Kumbh Mela happening, so I feel we need to protect our Bhumi Mata as much possible. No, definitely. So glad you said that. Yeah, to any of the viewers that are watching what Ambika said it's it's so beautiful and it's it's true, you know, if if you are a spiritual seeker, if you are going to a Look, Vrindavan for example, you know, it's not about give and take, it's not about something like you're seeing it oh
(53:15) and there's like a prestige to it and that's why you're going. Like Ambika beautifully said that go with love and through that love you'll realize that you shouldn't litter and you and you should keep everything clean. But, you know, I'm so glad that you talked about how if you are going to a spiritual destination, a holy place such as Vrindavan, right? You treat it with love, right? It's not about give and take, it's it's it's about purity of your heart and if you're if you're going to treat Vrindavan treat it just the way
(53:41) you would treat your home or even, you know, with purity and love. Don't litter. And I'm so glad you said that. Hopefully, the audience can And I believe also that part of protecting is caring and cleaning the area. Do some seva that requires to beautify the place. Vrindavan is giving us so much. Rishikesh is giving us so much.
(54:03) Like all these beautiful and holy places are literally helping us internally so much. So, what is the best to do some seva and to try to make it clean? Because that We like our house clean. We like our room clean. So, this is our real home, our spiritual real home. So, I will give this invite to everyone to protect, clean, and really care for this.
(54:32) That's the best offering you can do for the holy place, for the holy dam. It definitely is. It definitely is. And you know, you you were talking about how many people go, you know, whether it's about spirituality or not, people see that, "Oh, this has a certain prestige to it or fame to it." And they go with that.
(54:49) Kind of like a celebrity culture kind of thing. And I wanted to talk to you about that. We are living in a social media age. You're on Instagram. I'm on Instagram. Maybe You know, we both are introverts. We still have to post in order to share our message, share what we believe in to our audiences and our viewers. But, you know, even though social media has become a platform to share your wisdom and your experiences of spirituality, of love, of devotion, at the same time, it's also a way that many people are getting distracted because anybody can become an
(55:20) influencer right now. A Jai Wala is going to be an influencer. Like anybody can promote and share their words and get hundreds and thousands, millions of views and followers. How how do you believe like the current Gen Z, the current generation, what can they do to make sure that if they do use social media, whether they're the people that are putting the information out or just scrolling through the reels, what can they do to make sure that when they when they do see those social media and they use it that they take
(55:50) positive aspect of it, not not the negative aspects. Well, it's kind of difficult because even a scrolling into social media is an addiction nowadays. Um it's a waste of time, I will say. Of course, I'm not say I'm not going to say I will I never scroll there. Of course, I have been falling in that trap. But I have I have some slogan on my head.
(56:21) You say slogan? Lo- slogan like a phrase, a slogan. Slogan on my phrase. It's a phrase on my head that I think um "Don't allow this to distract you. You be the distraction and a good distraction." So, what is a good distraction? It's a distraction that then is going to give you some lessons, some nice and wisdom. Like what I mean, I feel like what we are doing today is something that many people can appreciate.
(56:54) Uh we are not gossiping about this Bollywood star, that Hollywood star. Like at the end, this is going more deeper to uh spiritual knowledge uh or just telling our experience, our spiritual experience. I'm coming from South America, Colombian and really adopting and embracing this beautiful culture that In- India has for everyone.
(57:20) Uh I feel that it's kind of inspiring for some. So, why not to share these stories? You have an uh incredible artist um life and you are still so grounded and you know, connecting with God is a very incredible um experience that you can share and inspire so many people that are in that path, you know, like I feel like sharing this experiences are caring for others.
(57:49) So, it will I will say like, yeah, I'm not going to never tell you, hey, don't scroll because it's It's an addiction. It's just part of us nowadays. We are practically the phone is becoming just part of our hand right now. It's another part of our body. But at the same time, never allow this to fully take you and take put some timer in your phone.
(58:15) Check how many hours are you giving to your phone. If you are a creator, then share more things that help others. Yes. Can be even in self-love. Now, everyone is um kind of depressed a little bit. So, we all know that we all need like this inspiration to follow us good practices practices that take us out from all this suffering.
(58:44) Sometimes social media can depress us. Can be with all the wars going on, especially me. I've been affected for that or the amazing physical body that this model has and I will never obtain. You know, like all these celebrities like social media can't really bring you down because people is just showing the good side, the happy side.
(59:09) And it's just pretending. So, remember that social media is not fully real. The what is real is your habits. So, remember to if you want to be part of social media, do something that help others in a way. And this is what I want. I'm also an artist. I've been sharing some dance and modeling because that's part of my work.
(59:34) But I appreciate your work and people like you inspire me to speak more. And I'm very shy. If you you will never see these videos of me talking, you know, like I don't feel I don't feel I'm capable yet, but I'm happy I'm trying to to share with you. But do these kind of things, share more, um, share your experience.
(59:58) Um, if you have some knowledge of anything, share it. I feel like we could all learn. Take now social media and all these, um, mobiles because is I I will say don't take it. It's just and how you say like is is just part of us. Just Just, uh, don't keep it scrolling. Um, just put sometimes for fun, but make sure you are also filling your head with knowledge.
(1:00:25) Yeah, don't become dependent on it. Like you said it, it's becoming an addiction and that's exactly what you don't want cuz addiction might give you a high for those 15 minutes that you're scrolling, but then you'll get the low and you Yeah, yeah, exactly. It's like, "Woo, happiness." And later, "Oh." Exactly.
(1:00:42) Fully sadness and You know, because you did mention about sharing your thoughts, sharing your wisdom on social media as an artist yourself, right? Whether that's in Hollywood, Bollywood, or just content creators in general, what responsibility do you think we have as artists to make sure that the content that we're putting out, the content that we're releasing, it doesn't have a negative message or negative effect on society? Well, again, like I said, if you are just showing off your luxury life, if you are showing off your beauty only, I feel like this is
(1:01:20) Yeah, people can appreciate it, but at the same time people will have some mental stress at the end because they will say, "Oh, I don't have that." It's something like people are just again showing off and I feel like the true value again what is sharing your knowledge, sharing your your music of love, your whatever your If someone is an actor, I have seen many videos teaching such a good messages by acting.
(1:01:52) Like people can do so many beautiful things. Like hey, let's go one day like this is something I want to do. Let's go what because this I used to do again. I was like I had a social media called Brush Vrindavan Act Now. Before I was not in social media. It happens actually I became very active after COVID. Oh wow, same exactly.
(1:02:09) Yes, yes, yes, yes. we're not being able to go outside. Maybe I should start creating content." But I used to have a Facebook actually and it was Brush Vrindavan Act Now. Okay. And I feel like uh some people knew me. In those times I was not Ambika, I was Brush Vrindavan Act Now. Like act now because it's too late.
(1:02:28) Vrindavan needs to be clean now. So, I remember I was doing these lives and I was inviting people from Delhi, from Mumbai, from Haryana, from many parts. They were coming to clean Vrindavan with us. So, I feel like if many um content creators, many influencers do this type of things that is going to make a big impact.
(1:02:53) I feel like that's meaningful and beautiful and this will bring bring a good and positive change for especially for youths that they are following all these content creators. Instead of just showing the beauty that this is something I just want to change in my social media. Uh I want to kind of make this kind of things like we together can do something, a big change, you know? Um is this um uh if you want to see a change, do it yourself.
(1:03:23) So, what the best is to do something positive. And I think social media, especially for influencers, do something meaningful mean while you have that power, that many followers, do something that can bring a impact, especially for India, in the idea of uh, protecting the earth. Um, don't pollute. Uh, the minimize the plastic.
(1:03:49) Uh, you know, um, love each other. So much to to to preach about, so much to share about. And I feel influencers needs needs to do more of that. You know, I definitely agree with you. I'm so happy that we we we touched that topic. And because, you know, because of social media, as you said, you know, we should have a purpose as artists, and we should be sharing information that we know will have a positive impact.
(1:04:14) But, I wanted to talk to you because now is because of social media, especially, a lot of different thoughts, a lot of different perspectives are being released, right? Are being shared with the audiences. Um, recently there's been a lot of news about rights for the LGBT community, right? Uh, a lot of gender identity topics are being constantly released throughout throughout social media.
(1:04:33) Yeah. You know, you are now uh, in deep into in in Indian Sanatana Dharma and Indian values, Indian roots. According to you, what are your thoughts on gender identity, on the LGBT community? Okay. And what what do you what do you what do you think? Well, at the end, we believe we are not this body. If we go to the roots of our um, knowledge and what we believe is we are not this body.
(1:05:05) Uh, so if we identify too much or I'm I'm become this feminine and I'm in this feminine body and we will get uh, stuck only in on that. Uh so, for us is doesn't matter you are men, woman, any trans, wherever you want to identify, we know you're a living being, you're a soul, and we embrace everyone. This is our beliefs.
(1:05:28) Doesn't matter um you know, like uh if if you connect more as a woman as a man, uh we embrace everyone because at the end everyone is a living being, everyone is a soul. We even respect animals, we even respect trees. So, why we discriminate, you know, um transgender? I don't believe that. I feel like compassion and tolerance and love should be spread all over.
(1:05:54) But just try not to believe more that you are this and that. Just try to go more deeper and you will be happier. I feel that. No, I think you beautifully put that in like in the in a way that I was even better than what I would have been able to describe it as. That Yeah, first of all, regardless of what you're identifying as, love everybody, right? We shouldn't be shaming anybody, we shouldn't be bringing hate upon anybody.
(1:06:18) But what you said is so beautiful that at the end of the day, know that you're more than that. You're more you're what you're calling your identity. There if you go deeper, there's more than that. You're more than just male or female. You're more than just Because this body change. We see the changes. We go from boyhood to youth and to old age.
(1:06:39) This body is changing constantly. But then the what is not changing is our inside. It's our soul. And this is transcendental. So, when we understand that connection, that we are spiritual souls, that we this is this actually what we should be worried and you know, get more aware of that of just in case like I beautify this body, let me do my nose job, let me do this, let me do that.
(1:07:08) Uh we will be a stuck on this, you know, so I feel like go deeper but love should be for everyone. Doesn't matter your cast, doesn't matter your religion, doesn't matter where are you coming from. I will treat the sweeper as the millionaire the same. We are all the same. Doesn't matter your sex at the end. I feel like we should see everyone as transcendental and the Vedas says that We have Paramatma inside.
(1:07:37) It's not just our our Jiva, the soul, but we have Paramatma and everyone is carrying God inside. A tree, animal, woman, man, transgender, anything. This person is carrying God inside and this is how we should see with transcendental eyes, with a spiritual eyes, a spiritual soul. So I feel that's the most important. You know, what you just said that we're carrying God inside.
(1:08:04) That that is something that that I really hope the viewers take from this. I don't think we could end this conversation. Although I can go so much further and we will talk more but for now I feel like that's a great way to end the conversation. Love everyone as you said, no matter the cast, no matter the religion.
(1:08:21) At the end of the day we're all one and we're all carrying God within ourselves. We are that. So thank you so much on the God. Thank you very much. I was very happy to be here. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment