Wednesday, July 22, 2026

The Law of Karma Nobody Explains Properly: Black, Red & White Seeds ft. Maa Gyaan Suveera

The Law of Karma Nobody Explains Properly: Black, Red & White Seeds ft. Maa Gyaan Suveera

Author Name:Something Bigger Show by Rodrigo Canelas

Youtube Channel Url:https://www.youtube.com/@somethingbigger

Youtube Video URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M27jWiWgBUo



Transcript:
(00:00) Perfectionism is I feel a sickness. You you can't surrender to the process of life because you're all that I'm planning for the next step. >> Do you see any of the bird or the animal overworking? Nobody overworks. It's the heart of spiritual practices. >> Surrender is understanding that you never control. >> Vanta says that surrendering to life itself is the most godly thing that anyone can do.
(00:30) Life is the river may turn to the right or to the left. I'm flowing in the river. I'm not questioning why is the river going there. I wanted it to go here. Bajan kitan [music] and the singing the glory of the lord. It's neuroscience. You're training your brain every day. [music] I am nothing. You are everything.
(00:53) Practically in this situation with goals with kids with career. It's like, how do I surrender? >> I'm just returning back [music] to Earth. I don't know what happened in the past 2 hours. There was no time. There was no space. I went in the [music] one of the most deepest conversations that I had in the podcast.
(01:25) It was such um a privilege to to be sitting with Ma. She has such [music] an incredible energy, aura. You could I could feel it here. And she took me in a journey of going deeper, understanding life in a way that's it was so deep. It helped me to go deeper in my spiritual journey. And I hope you [music] are able to go even a little bit deeper in your spiritual journey.
(01:56) So if you [music] I would love if you can share your thoughts how you feel. Now I I'm feeling I would love you to share your thoughts in [music] the comments and keep going. Let's go together in this journey in this inner journey with [music] something bigger. Forat. for
(03:09) no Oh, beautiful. >> So, 17 years ago, I came to India and I got one of the best gifts in my life from this country in Rishih. >> Yes. >> Which was to open my journey to spirituality. >> Mhm. And since then I've been basically going within so that I can see who I'm really am and removing all the layers. >> Yes.
(03:50) >> To connect with myself. >> And there's been something that a concept that I've been fascinated I've been struggling embracing which is to surrender. >> I know this is at the center of what you do. So >> yes >> I thought we having a conversation going deeper understanding surrender what it is what is not >> and also understand your beautiful journey what do you say >> yes surrender is a is a very beautiful um um topic to start with our conversation because it's the heart of spiritual practices >> you know spiritual practices methods and
(04:33) so many different modalities and so many different styles s they all become intellectual cramming. Everything is intellectual cramming unless surrender goes deep into the veins of the practitioner. It has to go deep into the veins. >> Even simple um pranayam [clears throat] practice or a yoga practice without surrender gives you only just a 10% of the benefit.
(05:00) But with surrender it will enshower you with grace unbounded. Absolutely. So spiritual practices like meditation is there, bakti yoga is there, karma yoga is there, ghana yoga is there, all of these practices the heart of the practices is lies in surrender. In fact the practices and the path itself to reach that goal which is surrender.
(05:20) >> Surrender is a goal. >> Okay. Surrender is a goal because when you surrender then you realize the truth and you cannot pursue the path of understanding the absolute or knowing the truth without surrender. The path will go on extending more and more. Suppose someone says that okay you walk 2 km and there's absolute truth there.
(05:42) You go 2 km and you will still find another 2 km ahead. [laughter] The path will keep, you know, opening up, opening up, opening up until you've learned the the key practice that is surrender. It needs to be incorporated, inculcated, embied, self-taught, slowly, slowly, slowly humbling the ego, you know, bending down like a reed.
(06:09) And when you are there, then you know you're there. Actually I want to go there. [laughter] How do we know that we are there? >> You come in that state of absolute relaxed practice. Practice of life. What are we practicing? What are we practicing? We are not practicing any art styles or dance styles. We practicing life.
(06:32) You know we're practicing life. How to live life, >> the flow of life. I love to see the Serenity series and uh the Discovery Channel. I love to see I love to see the way animals are in a flow of life. They're in a flow of life. When they're living in the forest, they're practicing life. Life has to be practiced.
(06:54) You know, there are floods there, there are hurricans there, there are tsunamis coming. And uh I saw the other day the whole beach was filled up with flamingos sitting on their nest. >> Whole beach. And there was a storm that came and they it washed away everything. >> Mhm. Mhm. >> Just a few hundred nests were remaining and the rest of them were gone.
(07:16) >> Mhm. >> But we couldn't see any of the flamingo weeping. None of the flamingos were weeping. Those that survived, they carried on with life. You carry on with life and there's another season and another season to nest and another season of tsunami somewhere. >> That's life. So surrender is practicing life in 100% acceptance.
(07:42) [laughter] I mean even if I'm not talking at this moment about God, if if I'm just talking about life, surrendering to life itself is the most godly thing that anyone can do. >> Your eyes are shining with life and love. [laughter] >> Thank you. Maybe can you explain what happens when we don't surrender? >> When nobody purposely does not surrender.
(08:11) >> Okay. >> They resist. >> Okay. >> They resist the isness of life, the flow of life. Every moment something is happening to us. When there is good, then we bloat our energy and there's good happening and there is so much of doership that comes in us. There's doership. We feel I'm doing it right. you know I'm I'm taking the right steps but when there is not good happening then there is resistance the resistance comes from inside personality which is questioning all the time why me why should this happen I did 100% of what I
(08:45) did and then this this should have been this way this should have been that way there is a constant judging a constant opinion forming and there is a constant expectation that blocks your process of surrender the flow of life is the river may turn to the right or to the left. I'm flowing in the river.
(09:05) I'm not questioning why is the river going there. I wanted it to go here. Similarly, the water if it if it's drenching me, I'm happy with it. If it's keeping me dry, I'm happy with it. A commitment to the flow of life is complete surrender. Even if someone is not god oriented >> and not particularly spiritual or religious even for such a person and they can be very ordinary people who are in 100% surrender they can be sometimes I've seen a gardener who worked in our house you know he used to work with lot of love lot of love he would you know do
(09:42) his stuff from morning till night um and uh in the afternoon when he was having a lunch break I often used to go and see what has he brought in lunch carrier and it used to be just rice with a little masala of some kind you know and uh many times I used to see that his rice was burnt it was black you know and then I used to tell him Mali don't eat this I'll give you something you know he said no no no this is my share and he would eat that food with so much of joy and so much of acceptance and back into his work and uh I never
(10:20) saw saw him frowning for what he's got. I never saw him um cribbing for the kind of hard work he has to you know do. He was such a content man. Such a person is a surrendered man and completely dedicated devoted to the duty that was given to him. >> He was not a spiritual, religious or intellectual man.
(10:42) He was an ordinary man. >> Wow. Such a beautiful example. Yeah. A very evolved soul learns to surrender naturally. >> It's a part of evolution. >> So what you say is that it doesn't mean that okay the person doesn't need to believe in God or in spiritual um that person was an example where he was completely absorbed on what he was doing content. Yes.
(11:06) >> He was allowing the the flow of life Yes. >> to flow. That's what that's what you say. >> Yes. 100%. >> Uh you mentioned about resistance. What are we resisting to? The more intelligent you are, >> yeah, >> when I say you, I mean everyone. The more intelligent people are, >> the more they're analytical, calculating, approximating all the time, evaluating, judging either themselves and others >> also their work.
(11:36) You know, if you're too analytical, >> then the whole charm of doing the work is gone already. >> You know, it's like you're using the brain too much to make it also perfect. Perfectionism is I feel a sickness. It's a sickness because you spoiling every moment of your work. The joy that you would get out of the ride, the joy that you would get out of whatever you're cooking or whatever you're making. There's joy in everything.
(12:03) >> You miss out on the joy when you're all the time trying to get better, better, better, better better. The efforts to get better should go on in life undoubtedly but it should be with a lot of ease and not with a lot of u goal orientation and it's like you're almost a part of some marketing strategy or some strategic building all the time.
(12:27) So too much of evaluation is the first resistance. Second, nonacceptance of the results. >> You know, whatever comes out of our work, you know, it could be to the level of X Y Z. I'm okay with it. >> You're okay with it. Then we are with the flow of life. You know, if you're resisting, oh this should I should have been like that.
(12:49) Oh, this should have been like that. There's frustration all the time about work. That is the second resistance. Your expectations and frustrations are unending. >> Yeah. And then when are you going to live life? When are you going to just say it? Feeling life is so important. That's the problem. People have that resistance that not I'm not okay with where I am.
(13:15) And the key is that you should be okay with where you are. >> Yeah. >> It does not mean that you don't have goals. It does not mean you don't have ambition. You can have all of that. >> Everything can go on slowly. and everything can go on without all the time planning about the next step. You miss out on where you are. Such people cannot never surrender.
(13:39) You can't surrender to the process of life because you're all the time planning for the next step. >> Yeah, there's so much there to unpack. I loved it so much. So, first what you're saying is that people have like they think this is how life should be lived. This is perfection, right? >> Yes.
(13:59) And what they do or what we do is that we don't accept the every moment as it is. >> Yes. >> Then we live in this in this scenario where everything needs to be perfect which is not and we fight. Yes. >> And we don't allow to be on the flow of life. >> Yes. >> Right. So it looks like people have this need then to to to control life. >> Yes. >> Right.
(14:22) >> Yes. >> What is that? What does that need to control comes from? >> It comes from individuality. Out of all the beings that are there, human beings are so-called highest in their evolved um you know existence. And so God is smarter, nature is smarter than what we know of him. You know, he has implanted this small little ego into us.
(14:46) You know the individual personality the ego system is a very controlling system and it wants to prove all the time it doesn't never never wants to die. You know it's difficult to surrender for people because the ego never dies and the ego is always in control of everything. He wants to control everything all the time.
(15:07) So when we set up a work path for ourselves then our ego has already given us expectations. M >> you know that I want this to be the result. I want this. I want this earning. I want this this this this is >> if all of this is achieved then the ego is bloated and that's a bigger problem. If all of this is not achieved then the ego is hurt that is also a problem because now the ego doesn't know how to survive and how to sustain.
(15:33) So he makes another effort to reach that perfection. If it is successful the ego is even broader than before. That's a big problem because such a bloated ego for successful people who are always successful successful the biggest problem is their own individuality which becomes so big in that success that at the end of the life they find it very difficult to crumble it down.
(15:58) It's very difficult to cut it down because he's a doer. He's a successor. He's been he's done it right. All his steps have been right. You know it's the most beautiful example that I often you know when when we do satsang I say that when the raft is moving in the river there are people sitting on the raft and they're enjoying the journey and they have these small little pedals with them they're all the time doing this and they feel happy that they're moving the raft whether they do that or not the raft is moving the river is carrying them anyway
(16:30) >> you know so life is like that we do all kinds of acrobatics to make life perfect and all kinds of beautiful things to make our life comfortable and then some things happen the way we want and then we feel oh we did it right but some things don't happen the way we did it and so we say where have I gone wrong now you get engrossed in thinking I've gone wrong somewhere whereas life is moving >> the things that had to happen have happened >> and things that have to happen will happen if you just sit in the boat boat is
(17:04) moving >> and even you don't need even to all the time to be paddling sometimes. >> All the time you don't need to pedal. >> That's interesting. >> Yeah. Rodrigo Vanta says that we have a equipment. >> Yeah. >> Of the mind body and we have indrias which means we have the nervous system and we have organs of movement and work.
(17:25) So we have to keep this body engaged. >> If you don't keep the body engaged, empty mind is devil's workshop. We have to keep the body. Say that again. >> So empty mind is devil's workshop. It's a it's a saying that teachers used to say in school when we were small that don't remain empty then you'll keep doing something wrong.
(17:44) You keep the children occupied. >> Our body is like that. Our work organs you know we have organs of function organs of work they have to be kept engaged. If you don't keep the body engaged then it goes into destructive act. If the mind is not constructively engaged then it will go into destructive engagement.
(18:08) That's why work we must work we must paddling we must but how much is demanded you know your intelligence should calculate how much paddling should I do should I tire myself day and night paddling where the boat is moving as it is >> you know it is moving as it is I have to participate in the movement of the boat as much as is required for my body's engagement >> okay >> more than that is not required head the boat will move anyway.
(18:37) >> How do we know that we are paddling too much or too little? the discernment that means the wisdom you know the in intelligence subtle intelligence that okay it's enough now I can stop and I can just relax a little while the boat is moving >> that intelligence comes out of all your committed practices connecting to nature whether the practices are Indian or they are of any native origin it does not matter connecting back to the source connecting back to nature connecting back to all the life that is around you
(19:14) will open up that intelligence to tell you how and when you should slow down. Do you see any of the bird or the animal overworking? Nobody overworks. [laughter] >> When it is evening, they go to sleep. >> True. >> Period. >> Yeah. Yeah. >> You know why? Why are human beings overwork? I don't understand.
(19:36) You see, so the obsession and the possession is like unending hunger that is coming from the ego. It comes from the ego. The ego has insecurity, >> instability, fear, doubt and all kinds of things. The vice is you know all kinds of negative things. So we are overwork and we are overworking this machine called body.
(20:00) We are overworking on this mind. >> We overwork on the brain. We harass ourselves and harass everyone else who work with us. How to how much to do and when to stop is the discernment is the wisdom that comes very naturally when you are in repeated practices. Any spiritual repeated practices even if it means singing >> you know you open up to that wisdom of nature.
(20:27) So work you must but as much as is required eat you must as much as you require. [laughter] >> So what you're saying um is it correct to say that what is in between us and surrender is it ego? >> Yes. Major part of it is ego and the gamut of ego. Ego is not one one stick. It's it's a whole gamut you know it's a whole equipment.
(20:53) >> Okay. >> Everything is ruled by the ego. Everything is functioning. It's a functional part of our personality. >> Yeah, >> we can't function without the ego. It's difficult. >> So the only freedom we have is to humble this ego. >> For example, I have ego at this moment. It's functional. Very much functional.
(21:10) You have a ego. It's very much functional. And ego is not always bad bad. >> Good ego is also ego. You know, >> tell me more about that. Like >> yeah, good ego is also ego. For example, selfrespect, >> okay, >> is also an aspect of your ego. We say selfrespect. If I don't have ego functioning in the world, people will beat me up any which way.
(21:32) >> They will they will do anything to me. >> Oh, that's interesting. >> So, the protection of my personality, the protection of my functional aspect of my mind is selfrespect. What we say, we don't let people do anything to us. >> We keep our boundaries. >> We protect our ego. That's what we do. >> So, there's good ego.
(21:51) >> There is good ego. There's bad ego. Bad ego is a bloated ego that goes into destruction, self-destruction and destroying others. >> So good ego is a good functional part of our personality. It's essential part of our personality. The more this good ego gets soaked in the love of God >> or in the love of nature or in the love of this higher power that's ruling the you know everything in this creation.
(22:16) Once you start surrendering to this power, call it anything you want, it doesn't matter. That power starts responding to you and it starts communicating to you. And that's when this wisdom comes how much to do and how much not to do. To be [snorts] or just move. >> That's so beautiful what you said. And I'm going to tell you for me um in my journey of surrender um I think I felt that a lot of times I had this unsecurity that I had to control to feel safe.
(22:51) >> Yes. >> Yeah. And I'm going to say a quote that I had a conversation with Vidia Balan. She say bye to to to Vidia Balan. She said something very very very powerful. Let's stay with me. Um she said that she read a quote from uh Sai Baba that said like uh surrender is never that you you had control is understanding that you never had >> control of course >> that was so beautiful so profound yes >> so and for me in my journey so I was feeling like I had to have control so I was setting goals >> yes >> thinking that I had control but the
(23:30) problem is that I was at defining the goals but then I was feeling anxious when to happen. >> Yes. >> So I was interrupting the flow of life. >> Can you can you um help us to understand like because let's be honest our audience most of our audience they work 8 to 10 hours a day. They have children to raise. They have bills to pay.
(23:57) >> Yes. Of course. >> Yeah. Yes. So if you can address them in terms of practically in this situation with goals with kids with career that's like how do I practically surrender >> yes it's it's the point is first the point is to find a balance find a middle point >> middle point of our needs and dreams middle point of our ambitions and uh all the goals that we set we are conditioned from childhood to set a goal higher than our ability.
(24:33) >> Always the child is always told that you got 80% marks. I'm sure you can do it. If you work a little harder, you get 90%. >> Yeah. >> And so we relentlessly, you know, you stretch our equipment. So from the physical point of view, it's good. It's like, you know, you are stretching your mental and intellectual capacity to do more and more and more.
(24:54) That's all right. But now when the ego gets attached to the results, the problem starts coming then. >> Yes. >> For example, if a child is let's say doing very well in his studies and the parents are you know training him to get another 10% more. So it's fine if he he's achieved that. >> It's very good if he's achieved that he's progressing. The parents are happy.
(25:17) Everybody's ego is satisfied. But suppose the child does not achieve that. M >> you know the child is frustrated the parents are frustrated unless they are compassionate enough to accept the the the result of what they did. So karma yoga in our uh in our tradition in Indian vantic tradition says that you have the freedom for action but you don't have the freedom for the results.
(25:44) Okay. >> You know, so you work hard as much as you can. Surrender. >> You do everything. Surrender. >> Don't wait for the results and don't be all the time. Whereas the living practices and the working practices in the world are exactly reverse. >> You go into the corporate work style and they say that if the results are not watching that what are we doing wasting our time here.
(26:08) So when you talk about your audience like you said that they are in that system which is wrong. So what can they do? They can't spoil the system. They can't stop the system. They can't change the system. They have to change themselves. >> Okay. >> You have to start thinking differently. You have to start thinking that I did my best.
(26:28) I did my best. I put in my 100% on this project. >> Yeah. >> And if my boss is not happy, that's not my problem. >> Yeah. If my company is you know XY Z going to XY Z condition that's not my problem. My accountability is to my working hard and putting my best. I also always tell my students whenever anyone faces such a problem.
(26:54) I said you are employed by God not by the company [laughter] start thinking that my salary and my employment is is in his hand not in anybody's hand. So you'll be fearless. M >> accountability should be 100%. Being fearless and thinking that God is looking after me does not mean you work less or you don't work hard or you don't work to the optimal level.
(27:18) No, it does not mean that. For example, there's nobody bossing me in my hermitage. I am on my own. But I'm accountable for my time. What how I spend my time. I I I fully understand that my equipment should be utilized from morning till evening and then surrender. What happens out of my meetings, what happens out of my work, I don't care whether it's blooming or not blooming.
(27:42) >> Yeah. >> You know, I just do it. >> Yeah. >> But there should not be any weeping for no results. That's a part of nature. When you do things, it's nature's responsibility to bloom it or not to bloom it. Okay, we did it. Tata, bye-bye. We do it again. The spirit of life should be a firm commitment to happiness, a firm commitment to exuberant living, full of energy >> and a firm commitment to acceptance of whatever happens, whatever happens and let God take you, you know, let the raft take you, let the life take you in
(28:25) the flow. I think that's a that's a perfect way of living. >> So beautiful for me. For me what helped me um uh in this journey of surrender was um understanding from Bhagita the that you >> you don't own the outcomes you know you just own your duty which is in your control and remember that >> is very powerful for me it has been helping me that is the first one >> the second thing that has been helping me a lot and I'm practicing now more and more is the the the belief that Anything that happens in my life, I accept it.
(29:04) >> Yes. >> Fully. Fully. >> So that has been helping me a lot. >> When you when you when you say that and when you really feel that. >> Exactly. Yeah. Okay. Now we we going in that let's go that direction. [laughter] >> Let's let's let's go in that direction because something that I I I struggle. But wait a minute.
(29:27) Let's first address our audience. Um guys, so I I've been sharing here my journey of uh surrender and I know a lot of you you are also in your journey of surrender. Uh so this is our journey of transformation. I would love you to share put it in the comments your journey of surrender. Doesn't matter how it is but shared so that other people see it and we all can learn from each other and can progress in this spiritual life.
(29:59) Now back to ma to a very important pointed that you you brought which for me a lot of times I could understand the concept of surrender from a rational point of view but I could not feel it in my veins as you say. >> Yes. >> How do I go from understanding the concept of surrender to truly feel it? >> Yes.
(30:25) So when when we intellectually understand it then you're blessed >> first of all even if you rationally understand the need to surrender you're blessed the journey has started you know the the results have already started blooming so three-fold path in India we always you know take spiritual development from a from a three-fold aspect there is there's bacti yoga there's karma yoga there's ghana yoga >> okay >> bakti yoga helps you to surrender because you are doing gestures.
(30:56) Bakti yoga is like you know you you give physical gestures and dialogues to that what you call God or what you call the power you know it's like for someone who might not be believing in any particular god he could just stretch out his arms to the to the sky and to to to the tree or go go hug a tree or let loose in the water in the stream you know or lie down you know on the grass and uh open to sunshine these These gestures help you to teach your inside surrender.
(31:30) >> Okay, that's bakti yoga. >> Yeah, that's bakti yoga. Bakti yoga in India typically means bhajan kan and singing the glory of the lord and you're training your brain. It's neuroscience. You're training your brain to every day I am nothing, you are everything. It helps you in the process of surrender. Otherwise, how the hell would you make that a reality? You've understood rationally in the head, but how do you put it to practice every day? >> Exactly.
(31:58) >> Bakti yoga helps you to molten your ego and tell the tell the Lord and tell the power of this universe, you're everything. I'm nothing. I'm part of you. You know, karma yoga every day consciously do everything meticulously, perfectly, and then tell yourself that's it. Your duty is over. >> Now you don't watch what's happening to it all night.
(32:21) >> We set the yogurt every day in India. We make yogurt at home. You know, are you awake the whole night to see how the bacteria is spreading and how the cur is coming? And if you can, if you would, then you would want to interfere in that process. >> Human brain is very um medally, you know, you would sit there the whole night trying to manipulate the yogurt.
(32:44) So, you have to let natural processes be. >> Wow. >> Do you what you do, you have to do it. do it perfectly and put an end to it. Now I surrender it. Sometimes the yoga doesn't set in the morning. I'm okay. >> You get my point? >> Yeah. >> So the surrender great example. >> Yes. Yes. It's a very simple example.
(33:04) So you do your things properly and then surrender without doing. Surrender is not recommended in karma yoga. >> Okay. >> That means if the farmer says I have the sack full of seeds with me. I am surrendering to God. Let him give me what he wants. That doesn't work. Boss, you have to get up. You have to sew those seeds.
(33:26) Plant those seeds in the field. You have to water them. You have to see that nobody is harming the field. You have to see it every day. And then you have to surrender. Whether the crop is good or not, whether the harvest is good or not. So work is inevitable. Result of the work, you should surrender. That is karma yoga.
(33:47) And then nana yoga. Oh my god, it's amazing. Nana yoga, without nana yoga, a lot of bacti yoga people also get dislodged. I have seen someone full of bacti for the lord, you know, lot of bacti. The husband and wife were so dedicated to doing their puja every day and this and then some calamity came um in their life and they lost their son.
(34:14) They lost their son and they were shattered. They were devastated and somewhere the man lost his faith completely completely lost faith. He stopped doing everything that he was doing. Completely stopped all practices. He said I don't believe in God. I don't believe in in this nasty partial system. Yeah. [clears throat] >> So, Ghana yoga will teach you the law of cause and effect.
(34:45) It will teach you what truly God means. It'll tell you everything about energy dynamics. It'll tell you everything about the absolute truth of life and how we are living in an elucory condition. And how we are living in in this play field called life. Life is a playfield for God to play. We are we are playing with him. We're playing with energy.
(35:09) We're playing with God. We are playing with the creation. We are all asked to play in this field of life. Not be so serious about everything. You fall, you get hurt. You know, you may lose something, you may lose some people. The team is changing all the time. Someone was a captain today, someone is not a captain anymore. You are supposed to be a at at the wicket keeping someday.
(35:34) Someday you're a baller. It's okay. Your roles are changing. play the game of life not so seriously for sure sportsman's spirit. So Ghana yoga gives you the facts of life and creation and it will never allow your brain to get fogged. It will always pick you up. Come on, get up. Life goes on. Go on. Life goes on. Gana yoga will will never let you get dislodged from your karma yoga and bakti yoga.
(36:03) >> Can you give an example so that they understand the the nana yoga? >> Yes. Yes. Ghana yoga does not come for free. You have to study. >> That means when I say free, no, nobody's going to put it in a plate and give it to you. This is Ghana yoga, you can eat it. No, you have to make a commitment to study. >> Study scriptures, study noble writings, read good things, you know, to educate your your brain and to understand that things happen in life.
(36:29) Everything happens in life. So say for example a very honest officer you know and uh he some devastation happened in his life he was into bacti yoga into karma yoga but he was not into ghana yoga. >> Oh I know I see >> you know then both these both these have got shattered >> I understood >> you know he can say I've never done anything wrong to anyone in my life and why this should happen to me.
(36:55) If Gana yoga s is not done, bacti and karma can go really weak. Fortunately, nature is like this, God is like that that the most uneducated person who is in complete surrender to God and is in bi yoga getsana by nature. For example, we have innumerable examples of saints. We have kabid gi suraj gi. They were not educated people.
(37:20) >> They were not doing any ghana yoga. But they gotana yoga. God himself gives you ghana yoga when your bi is so pure. >> Wow. >> He educates you. Such a benevolent force is this. This power is such a benevalent absolutely blind. Suras was blind. And you know they were uneducated people but the bacti was so pure that they got nana.
(37:45) >> They got nana. >> Beautiful. Yeah. >> Do you know what I'm I'm now my mind uh went into um maybe understand your journey so that people also can um maybe resonate about your journey because you also been in this spiritual journey for a long time. Um what was the a belief that you had that was harder to change so that it was maybe stopping you to fully surrender? What was that belief? were fortunate for me, Rodrigo, very fortunate and blessed that I was born from my child with a with absolutely mountainous belief and faith.
(38:29) Mountainous belief and faith. In fact, my struggle was why I was not understanding the rational part of life that my parents or other people were telling me. I never could absorb the rational part of life. I was always in belief and faith. So strongly in belief and faith that people would warn me, you know, that you can't you can't be so irrational like that.
(38:54) >> But in my in my head, in my heart, I always had conviction. >> I always had conviction for that voice that guided me, for the for the you know the the purity that was flowing through me. I was very convinced with that. >> Really? >> Yes. >> Since young. >> Yeah. 100%. At one stage in my life, I told myself that I am not listening to anyone. Good people in my life.
(39:19) I don't want to listen to anyone. [laughter] You want to just listen to to where life is taking you. Okay. >> Wow. >> Are you ready to die if death has to be? I said yes. >> I would not want to budge or move away from my faith and from that deep surrender that I had even if it meant to die. that kind of a faith.
(39:45) So it cannot be developed. I don't think we can develop it. It comes from previous lifetimes. It comes from several lifetimes. You know, there could have been lifetimes of no faith. >> Yeah. >> There could have been lifetimes of no belief where I was challenging my belief. And then when I'm born, I am come with this commitment and with this deep promise that come what may, I'm not going to lose my faith now for anything.
(40:10) Okay. I was not expecting that. [laughter] >> Yes. >> So powerful. So for like for our audience, what is a belief that they can develop that can help them in this journey of surrender? >> Yes, that's a beautiful question, Rodrigo. Thank you for asking because I really sincerely feel that uh your audience and all people out there must learn to just go with life.
(40:38) You know the best way not to break down and not to um you know lose it in life is to let life unfold by itself. Keep your hard work going, keep your sincerity going, keep your improvement going. You know, the way you you're working on yourself to become a better person. Let all of those efforts go on. But when things happen, never question the happening.
(41:09) Whatever it be, you lose a job, you you you know, you fall down sick for something, some disease comes, some death comes, whatever you encounter, don't question. Unquestioned acceptance of life. Unquestioned acceptance of life and perfectly working on yourself. If these two things are there, unquestioned acceptance of life will teach surrender for sure.
(41:35) It'll teach you surrender for sure because you are now telling yourself that I have done everything you know and now whatever is unfolding in front of me I'm accepting is this is the first step to surrender. If you question then surrender can never happen. >> If the if life is taking you left, start walking on the left.
(41:53) If life takes you to the right, start walking on the right. >> Right? If if life tells you to walk on your head, start walking on your head. There are people they're they're mentally challenged, physically challenged. So many people we know they learn to live life. The best examples of high spirituality are around us. We see people coping up with life with difficulties.
(42:17) And then sometimes you see very rich, wellestablished people with perfect families and everything. They're they're cribbing and crying over something. They're going into depression for something silly. Sometimes for them it's not silly. I agree that it's mountainous for them. But you evaluate your difficulty in comparison to the difficulties of people and world around you.
(42:39) Then you understand that this difficulty is silly. There are always always higher levels of suffering than the suffering you're having. Higher levels of suffering than you're having. And if you just take that into comparison, then you're able to tell yourself, okay, I I'm walking. I'm going on. Acceptance is the highest key for surrender. >> So basically what you are saying is to have a full acceptance whatever happens in our life.
(43:10) >> Yes. >> To fully accept everything. >> Maybe just a quick check in. How do you feel right now? How do I feel right now? Oh, absolutely lovely. I feel lovely. I feel lovely because you know it's a it's a reflective energy. You're in you're in a high enthusiastic energy. I am also in that energy. It feels lovely.
(43:34) And all the more because you know the very thought that this conversation is going to touch many people >> you know that brings me in a very exuberant energy. >> Yes. It makes a difference in what people hear and this acceptance you know like you said it's not so simple >> because there are sometimes um unjust things that happen with you know there's injustice happening many times there's wrong something happening many times and it's difficult for people to say how can I accept this you know >> let's go there >> yeah how can I accept this
(44:11) >> how can I accept a situation which is very >> this is a yeah This is where Ghana yoga comes that you know you have to contemplate undoubtedly when something injust is happening right now in this timeline >> that is not justified they should not have happened this is wrong that they did or you know the systems do at that moment in the timeline I 100% agree that the person is shocked >> because it is not fair for this to happen so the person is asked to contemplate he's asked contemplate on the law of cause and effect. He's asked
(44:48) to contemplate on how nature works. M you know the other day I saw that there was a flood coming uh in the forest and the elephant uh all the elephants were moving and there were babies with them and the elephants were protecting all the b babies and taking them across the river and one of the babies flew you know he he in the flood he went in the flood and the the mother was running after the child to save but she couldn't save the child the child went so I saw that all of them the elephants the trunks and They know they were mourning
(45:21) together for a moment and then they're on again on their path into the forest. >> Oh, >> what do you do when something goes wrong? You can't be stuck. You shouldn't be stuck. The flow of life has to be understood. When I say acceptance, it does not mean you accept injustice, you accept the wrong, you accept terrorism, you accept monetary fraud, scams.
(45:49) I'm not saying to accept that. No, I am not judging between the wrong and the right of the world. I am saying I'm talking about acceptance inside of things that are unfolding in your life. Actually, you don't have any other option. You had to get up and keep moving because if you get stuck, you may be stuck for years together.
(46:14) and your getting stuck for years together is not only going to affect you badly but also to the environment that you're living to your family to people etc. So life is all about productivity. >> Mhm. >> The cycle of creation sustainance and death. >> Yeah. >> That means you you are born you grow then you die. >> Yeah.
(46:38) >> A tree a small little seed sprouts into a sapling. The sapling grows into the tree. The tree flowers and give fruits and flowers. Then over the years it wilts and it dies. >> This is the cycle of nature. Nowhere there is a questioning why a bug has got into the tree. >> Yeah. >> Why a bug has entered into the fruits and the fruits have got spoiled.
(47:01) There is no questioning of the tree. The owner of the tree might question but not the tree. The tree which has got infested to any kind of a pest >> itself is going through suffering and it is naturally happening. It is accepting. It dies. Sometimes it wilts. Sometimes all the fruits have got spoiled. The tree is not questioning.
(47:24) Can you see that it goes to the soil? Acceptance is is a hardcore truth of nature. We have to accept natural calamities, natural cycles of creation, sustainance and death. Human beings because of the extra activity happening in the brain >> is questioning everything all the time. And so you you you you see what's happening. We are invading everywhere.
(47:52) We are invading into the ocean. We are invading into the forest. We are invading into the stars. Now we are going beyond our planet. in the invasion is going on human brain the constructive part of human brain is used for destruction. >> Yeah. >> So at least the audience all the beautiful audience that have awakened to life learn these lessons of acceptance and go on with life.
(48:18) I don't say that you shouldn't mourn on someone who is dead. >> Yeah >> you should. And for all of those who are dying in the world. Why mourn only for my someone? I should mourn for everyone that is dying. Shouldn't I be mourning for this tree which died? So death is an intrinsic part of nature. I mourn for all that is dying.
(48:38) And then I celebrate for all that is born. >> Wow. Beautiful. Yeah. Damn. >> I celebrate for all that is born. I'm in the middle. I'm in the middle of sustainance and being maintaining my body and my life till the end of my death. I'm asked to celebrate life in every which way. This is the highest philosophy. Get my point? [laughter] >> I'm still floating.
(49:08) Yeah, I see your point. Um, for I think based on what you're telling um something that I would like to bring uh to our audience example is navigating relationships. >> Yes. Like how can we for example navigate surrender when we have [snorts] let's say a very difficult relationship with our mom our partner or uh how do we navigate that? >> Well navigating is a is an effort.
(49:43) Navigating is an effort and everybody puts in efforts. We put in the the best efforts to navigate but after some time decisions have to be taken. When the philosophy that you live is flow with life, >> don't get stuck anywhere for anything. You flow with life means you flow with life. There are 10 people pulling you.
(50:09) You want to walk. There are 10 people pulling you. What is your take on that? [clears throat] Either you sit down there because they're pulling you and you succumb to that or you break free and you walk. If your philosophy of life is to walk life. >> Yeah. >> You know, let people co-walk with you. If you have people that are not hindering you or stopping you from your walking, let them walk with you.
(50:37) You can always walk as a community or as a as a couple or as a family. But if somebody is pulling you and stopping you from walking then either you had to break free or give yourself let the surrender be to the human beings and not to God that is also possible you some people do that in in Asian countries where families are old structure you know for centuries we've had the structure of a family many people you will find there mires in the family there are people who have put themselves to the family for the family. So there is nothing right
(51:13) and nothing wrong in both the examples. If there is somebody who wants to give his life and his all his time and everything for the 10 people who stop him from flowing with life, there's nothing wrong in it and there's nothing right in it. It's up to him. There are many lifetimes that God gives you to learn how to walk.
(51:35) >> But it's a decision. Is is it about the the the cause and effect? >> Yes, it is a cause and effect. See sometimes but it's a decision. So but what you're saying is that sometimes you just accept that >> sometimes you just accept that and then you just >> why is that? >> Yeah because they feel like it's their decision.
(51:52) That's the way they have learned to live life. >> Wait, but how do they know if they're it's their decision or it's their ego decision? >> Whatever it is, they are there where they are. See life when I say when you look at the picture from from far, you see some boats are moving. >> Yeah. >> You see some boats are just there. They're not moving.
(52:11) >> Yeah, >> they're in the middle of some weeds and the boat is not moving. So there's nothing right, there's nothing wrong about it. There will be a time when the wind currents will take them from that and then the boat will move. >> So it's not the story is never about one lifetime, Rodrigo. >> It's not about one lifetime.
(52:29) You think that you are born and you died. But actually the true you is going on walking. In last lifetime if you were a boat caught in the sludge in this lifetime you'll break free. Anything could be a reason. The death of someone could be a reason for you to move on in life. Life will take you. Life is taking you.
(52:51) So when when we talk about acceptance, the acceptance of life is an important >> uh contemplation. Acceptance of circumstances as a loser. >> Okay. Yeah. Yeah. Acceptance of circumstances as a loser is not the acceptance that I'm talking about. >> Can you tell the difference? >> Yeah. For example, somebody is um suffering because of an inability to take the right step.
(53:16) >> Yeah. >> Be it addiction, be it a wrong relationship, be it in the middle of a crisis, he's not able to take a decision and he has accepted it. All right? There's nothing right, there's nothing wrong about it. >> Okay. Yeah. >> He can be there as long as he wants. >> Wow. >> Nobody has the authority to question him and life will take him further if not in this lifetime, next lifetime.
(53:46) You get my point? >> Yeah. >> Human beings are granted with this fathomless intelligence. >> I call it fathomless because the equipment in our head is limited. But its ability is fathomless. >> Provided you understand it is fathomless. If a person does not understand then he is limited to the corridors of his logical intelligence.
(54:12) But if he understands that my intelligence can be God's intelligence. If I learn the art of surrender then he takes a step every moment he will take a step and he will walk happily with the flow of life irrespective of what is getting cut. Aaro in Hindi we say agaro >> agaro >> move ahead move on >> I will not forget that aaru >> yes [laughter] >> yes so that's that means is like if you are in a in a tough situation or even in a difficult relationship or whatever it's it's the most important is that you keep moving right >> you keep moving sometimes when there are
(54:56) difficult situations in a family for example >> [clears throat] >> Exactly. >> You know where people are stuck stuck in a job, stuck in a financial crisis. It's the most difficult thing to maneuver, most difficult thing to navigate. >> Yeah. >> Because their decisions are going to affect everyone. That's the most difficult thing to be, you know, stuck in.
(55:17) If you're single and you're alone, the world is your playground. >> Yeah. >> You can do what you want to do. The body, your body is yours and God is yours. You can do what you want. But when you are in the middle of a community or a system then it's difficult. >> That is the time when a lot of bacti yoga >> and ghana yoga should be consumed.
(55:36) >> You should take a peg off it every day [clears throat] >> you know because that will help you to find middle path to everything. It'll help you to find uh navigate through corners and and by lanes and find your way into the flow of life. You got stuck somewhere in the weeds. The boat has to find its way to get into the flow of the current of life.
(56:02) >> So beautiful. So whoever is watching us and feeling a little bit stuck in their life, >> give like something concrete that they can do in order to get unstuck and continue to to to flow. >> Yeah. It will help them to surrender. It will help them to accept a little acceptance, a little surrender will start coming.
(56:24) When acceptance and surrender starts coming in your system, then the brain opens to possibilities. >> Wow. Yes. Yeah. So what you're saying is that is it are you saying that even acceptance is something that we practice and it get we get better at it. >> Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. When you stop questioning what has happened then acceptance will come. Yes.
(56:44) >> When acceptance will come then surrender will slowly come. When acceptance and surrender comes then many other ways of working out navigating will come. >> Beautiful. >> What is the the the role of uh forgiveness in the path of surrender? great role forgiveness because when you understand the the the law of cause and effect.
(57:06) >> Yes. >> The law of cause and effect in simple terms difficult to explain on a on a forum like this where we have limited time but >> take your time. We have time. [laughter] >> Yes. >> No, because I was going there to understand because you mentioned a couple of times the that law. >> Yes.
(57:24) So the law of cause and effect it's it's it's in the Vic tradition. It's there in the in the philosophy, Vic philosophy. Without the law of cause and effect, events are very unreasonable. We don't find any justification for how things are happening, why they're happening. For example, there is no reason why. Let's say there are three children in a family and all the three have different stories.
(57:47) You know, one could be very successful and powerful. The other could be very weak, deceased. The other could be povertized. You know the parents have fed them with the same food and same upbringing, same values, but the three children have come out in three different directions. There's no reason, no explanation for why this is happening.
(58:06) Right? So the law of cause and effect a says that every thought, every action is being recorded inside. >> It's automated system in something called causal body. We call it causal body. And in this causal body, everything is accumulating accumulating. This will become the future. Whatever you're accumulating is going to manifest into future.
(58:27) So at every g given moment even this moment we are creating seeds that are going inside. The seed that you want to uh enlighten your audience is an enlightened seed that is going inside your causal body becomes a cause of enlightenment for you in the future. Similarly, our intentions why we are doing what we are doing create seeds inside.
(58:49) And the quality of seeds is broadly classified white, red and black. White seeds are pure seeds, godly seeds that take you towards progressive evolutionary journey. Red seeds are commercial seeds so to say. They give you worldly living, experiences of worldly living. You create abundance for others. Abundance is created in your life.
(59:09) You help people, people help you. You give a smile to someone, someone smiles at you. You frown at someone, someone will frown at you. So whatever experiences you're getting outside of you are actually re-recorded, pre-recorded things that are coming outside. You know, you are actually attracting those events in your life because of these seeds that are lying inside of you.
(59:34) The experiences have been waiting outside. So for black seeds the experiences are bad. And now when you look at the cause and effect you understand that this black seed I have created. >> Yeah >> I have created I have to take responsibility for it. What does that mean? That means that a I don't have to react. It's like someone comes and does something to you.
(1:00:01) If you understand this law thoroughly, then there is a pause and you're not reacting because the moment you react, you create another seed. [laughter] >> Then you pause. When you pause, you're diffusing that entire circuit. >> Yeah. >> And the circuit could be happening for many lifetimes. I slap him, he slaps me, I slap him, he slaps me.
(1:00:22) Can be happening for many lifetimes. >> Yeah. >> When I understand the law, I stop when someone slaps me. Don't slap him back. I contemplate on it. >> Yeah. >> I review it. I diffuse it. I let go of that hurt that comes inside me and I forgive. And when you do that, you have cut a long string of kmas for many lifetimes.
(1:00:50) This way the exercise of forgiveness that was your original question. The exercise of forgiveness on daily basis cut cords with all the karmic circuits that you have created within yourself and slowly you come in this open independent field of action where karma is not playing anymore and you are in complete field of free will.
(1:01:13) It's only you and God operating on this game of life. Nobody else is so good. you know, you put it words into or um a concept that I've been thinking that I practice in my life, which is whatever happens in my life, it's my responsibility. >> Yes. >> And that gives me a lot of power. >> Yes. >> Because then I own everything that happens to me.
(1:01:45) I don't blame anything on the outside. >> There's no outside blaming at all. Absolutely. [clears throat] >> Yeah. And what I love what you're saying is like our role is every day to cut with these black seeds. >> Yes. >> And then so maybe what I would love to understand is how can we practically cut these black seeds as they happen to us.
(1:02:06) Maybe can you give an example for example so that >> let's say somebody came and says something very nasty to me. >> Yes. >> So the first thing is oh how dare he say this to ma. >> Yeah. The Maya is contam you know endangered you know I am so and so so and so how can someone say this to me but when I have stuffed myself with nana yoga then I have a smile on my face even if he says something nasty and I say to myself that he's saying what is your deep yearning and the causal body is demanding it now there are three things that happen
(1:02:41) here first when I'm not reacting king. The power of his nastiness is punctured. It's diffused and that can end in no time. It will end in no time. Physically I move from there. I'm not letting my ego suffer. My ego suffers. I don't suffer because I am with nana yoga. So I move from there.
(1:03:08) I engage myself in some other work. Number three, when there is no reaction, then there is no power given to that karma seed and the karma gets over. Finish. It gets diffused. Everyday practice of not reacting and thinking positively in the light of nana yoga will burn all the karma seeds that are accumulated for several lifetimes for sure.
(1:03:33) And forgiveness and love. I will go inside. I will smile at the nastiness of the man and I will say poor man doesn't know what he's talking >> and then not only will I forgive him but I'll send him lot of love the dynamics change completely at the inner level completely changed this is what is practical spirituality spirituality if you're reading in books every day and living a different life in the work outside then there is no progression.
(1:04:10) You have to bring that spirituality in your everyday living. Yes, sometimes some people are difficult to navigate. Distance yourself. Finish. Don't have anything to do with pigs who are inviting you into the sludge all the time. They want to see you in the sludge and play with you, you know. So, you don't have anything to do with them. Get away.
(1:04:34) Your own causal body, your own responsibility. This is your own responsibility. Your own story is your own responsibility. You have to deal with it. You have to improve and you have to get better and you have to fill yourself with love and forgiveness. That's the goal. If a person does not find himself filled up with joy, happiness, total acceptance and love for nature and God, then the spirituality is only rational here.
(1:05:04) And whose responsibility is that? It's mine. It's yours. It's our responsibility to to bring the essence of spirituality in our everyday life. Even if other people call you a failure, people have called me a failure. So many people have called me a failure. >> Really? >> Yes. I could never do well in my academics.
(1:05:25) I couldn't go into the top universities. I was called a failure. But it did I never bothered me >> because you didn't react, right? >> No, I did not react. And deep inside me I knew that this is not where I want to walk. >> Wow. Yeah. Also you had a belief inside. >> I had a belief in that voice inside. Yes. >> Exactly. Belief about yourself.
(1:05:44) So whatever they were saying it was not affecting you. We're not reacting >> never. >> So as of now um what I got from you is >> we have a beautiful life. >> Yes. >> And what we need to do is to keep walking. Yes. and and um go into that flow of life where there's abundance, there's love, there's energy, right? >> And the way to do that is through surrender, right? We surrender >> and uh in order to get there is to be full acceptance. Yes.
(1:06:20) Whatever happens in our life >> and also whatever comes to our life, it's important not to react. >> Yes. So that we don't create more black seeds. >> Yes, 100%. >> Did I summarize it well? >> Yes. Taking complete responsibility of what life is showing and unfolding >> in in front. Understanding when it when we say responsibility does not mean self-laming.
(1:06:45) >> Yes. >> Taking responsibility means acceptance of the story is coming from inside of me. >> Yeah. And when I understand that thoroughly, then I go navigating, maneuvering through whatever situations are, working very hard. Hard work is an intrinsic part of uh spiritual living. Work hard does not mean work like a donkey, but work to the optimized level of your body condition, you know.
(1:07:09) So you work hard and surrender everyday basis. Work hard and surrender everyday basis. Yes. I see that most of the time the disease that is there with most of the people is accumulation. You know they're working hard. They're working really hard. They don't live life and they accumulate. They accumulate for the future all the time.
(1:07:29) They're saving and they're building assets and which is good which is good for their insecurity that people have inside. They have uh deeprooted insecurity that it's this is not going to be enough for us. you know the saving for rainy days and saving for old age and all of that. I understand all of that but living life is equally important and living life does not mean always expensive vacations.
(1:07:53) >> Yeah. >> It does not always mean that you go beyond your means. Does not mean you have to party hard. Living life means you have to be present to understand the grace which is ever ever showering on you >> in every moment. >> Yes. And living life means you have to give yourself time to count the gratitude and blessings that are there in your life.
(1:08:16) Living life means take a pause and see your children play. Take a pause and see how the garden is beautiful you know. So living life is very very important. Very important and everything else will happen. After all it is unfolding from your karmach sheet. If you have to have x y z of money it will come to you. You know if you have to have this this this it'll come to you.
(1:08:40) You work hard and then wait and watch life unfolding. Makes sense. [laughter] I don't know. I think I I would like to to to end here. >> Yes. >> Because I think it was just so beautiful what you said. I think it's a beautiful way to end our conversation. I just want to thank you. I'm having a lot of feelings of gratitude for this conversation that happened here.
(1:09:10) >> Yes. >> I hope you I mean uh there that if you are watching you got something uh from this conversation. Um and it's about I invite you to come with us. We're going to continue to in I'm in this journey of transformation and I want to bring you with me. I'm going to explore and share what I'm learning.
(1:09:30) And this is a great example having this opportunity to have Ma sharing so many beautiful things and I just want to thank you for this wonderful moment. >> Thank you so much Rodrigo and lots of love lots of blessings to everyone to all the audience may life fill you up with lot of beautiful flowers and butterflies and uh may the journey of life be very very enjoyable.
(1:09:55) Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment